Speaker 1: First date of follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocuslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Maya is on the phone today for a first date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Aaron. So in a second we're going to call him and see fields house why is a ghostinger? And maybe get her another date if she still wants one. But first, Maya, how long has it been since you heard from Aaron?
Speaker 3: It's been a month?
Speaker 1: Oh, a long time.
Speaker 4: Why do you want to get a hold of him if it's been a whole month?
Speaker 3: Well, I just really felt like we had a really good connection, you know what. The conversation was really effortless, and we had a lot in common, and he just felt really special. And you know, it's kind of hard to find that some nowadays, you know, and like hard to meet people and it's hard to really feel that gimuine connections. Both I thought it was special and I wish you're thinking about him.
Speaker 1: Have you tried to reach out to him in this time?
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 3: I reached out to him three times, but I haven't urged that.
Speaker 1: What do you say when you reach out?
Speaker 3: Well, first time, it was like, oh, I had a great time. It was it was really great getting to know you'd like to see you again. And then the second time it was pretty much the same, like oh, just you know, just reach out again, you know, just seeing how you're doing. And then the third time I was kind of concerned for his well being because I was like, well, maybe something happened to him, you know, and I was just he was okay.
Speaker 1: But I still haven't heard anything, and why don't you tell us about the date? How did all of that go?
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: We met this really cool jazz bar and it was a really romantic atmosphere and we both were both really into music, so you know, we were listening to music and talking about the music, and then we just really clicked.
Speaker 3: We sho had a few dreams. We had this really nice little boose, so it was really easy to talk and that's about our work of traveling and our where we want to go, like what places we want to go to, and we talked about uh, you know, our pets and our passions and it was really just great and he was really funny. He was making me laugh, and it just kind of felt like we known each other for years, you know, and we did uh we did share a kids at the end of the night, which I usually don't do, but I was was going so well.
Speaker 1: So you know, you sound so giddy right now just reliving it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think I could just really help for him, you know. And then and it was a really kiss, do you know like too? I think so, I mean, I I think he I think he did, you know, could be in his eyes and and and he and he said, you know, I had a really great time and I'd like to see you again, and just and just really know just the way that uh, the kiss, well, you know it was you know, it started out we cut tentative, and then it got you know, we got kind of into it and and and it just felt so you know, so so naturally you just kind of figure out the angles and everything, and.
Speaker 1: It just why do you think you're getting ghosted?
Speaker 3: Wow? Okay, this is embarrassing. But you know, he was really funny, and he was you know, you know, just.
Speaker 6: Like cutting jokes the whole night and cracking me up. I love a guy with st of humor, you know. And he made this one that's really funny joke and high laughed so hard, like some snatching out of my mouth. I don't know if you saw it. He was kind of looking away, but it was kind of it was dark in the clubs, so maybe he didn't see it and I worked into its real quick. But uh, maybe he did.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was like, oh, like.
Speaker 1: A little embrassing. I mean, I wouldn't go somebody for that, you know.
Speaker 2: I just take it as a compliment that I made them laugh so hard that they couldn't control their snot.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cute. Yeah, all right, welcome, we'll see if we can figure it out.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song, come back, and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you another date.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, thank you, I appreciate it. Pla us on come back and get your first day follow up next.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle of today's first Day follow up, if you're just joining us, Maya is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Aaron. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's Ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Maya, why don't you refresh everybody's memory about your date with Erin.
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, well it was really great. We met up at this really nice jazz bar. We heard some great music, we had a booth, was a really nice intimate date, and we had a nice conversation and he was really funny and we really hit it off, being a lot in common, and we even had a really nice kids at the end of the day. And I'll would love to see him again. And I even texted him a few times and I just never heard anything back. And it's been a out of months.
Speaker 1: Okay, you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: A little nervous then, alrighty, and you think the reason you're getting ghosted is because you blew us, not rocket.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that she just a little came out, which she's laughing. Big different.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. I'm gonna dollas one number. Hello him, I speak to Aaron. Please.
Speaker 3: This is Aaron.
Speaker 2: Aaron, Hey man, how are you? My name is Jewbell. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jebel Show.
Speaker 1: Hi, Aaron, I'm Nina also on the show. Hey, and I'm Victoria. How many people know this? Three?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, and it's a radio show. I don't know if you heard that part. I did. Okay, have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 3: Uh? Sometimes on my way to work?
Speaker 2: Okay, cool? Have you ever heard of first State follow up before? I? Yeah, I guess okay, that's good. Well, guess what erin?
Speaker 3: I'm on it.
Speaker 1: You are now the star of one.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Do you have any idea who would email us about you?
Speaker 5: I might have an idea.
Speaker 3: I don't really date many people.
Speaker 1: Okay, who do you think? It is?
Speaker 5: Probably Maya?
Speaker 1: Guess what erin? You're absolutely correct.
Speaker 2: My emailed us and told us about your date, and she wants to know why your ghost would you tell us?
Speaker 5: I'm sure it's kind of crazy timing. So I have real bad anxiety and I'm kind of working through it with my therapist, and we actually in my last session just talked about Maya, And you know, I feel bad for not reaching out and possibly hurting her feelings. But I, you know, I try to. I find myself figure on the phone to call her or you know, respond to her text messages, but I just I just can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, So your therapist is helping you with that, Like, do you think that you're going to reach out to her?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Was that part of the plan?
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 5: I just haven't been able to you know, preset call button.
Speaker 1: Okay, you just care call her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just I don't know what to say.
Speaker 5: And now it's been about a month and it just makes things a little worse. And now I'm on the radio.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's good timing though, because maybe this will put you in a position to not have to worry about what to say because she wants to know why you're not calling it.
Speaker 3: I guess that helps.
Speaker 1: Is that anxiety or what? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I fear of rejection, I guess is what my therapists said.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like I said, I don't.
Speaker 2: Really date much, so when I do date Aaron, have you ever heard of the term cognitive behavioral therapy?
Speaker 1: Uh no, okay, cool, Well I'm going to tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: So cognitive behavioral therapy is when if you have like a fear of something, they put you in that situation so that you can see that it goes well and then you can start to relieve that fear. So like if you're scared of jumping into water, does take you and jumping into water and you'll be okay, and then you'll be like, Okay, it's not that scary.
Speaker 3: That sounds terrifying.
Speaker 2: And the reason that I bring that up to explain that to you is Maya's actually on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 7: So okay, hey, it's good to hear your sorry, you know, well hearing your reason.
Speaker 6: I mean, it makes sense, and it doesn't make me relieve because I thought that you just lost interest And are you just gonna want to see me or embarrassing myself?
Speaker 3: No, but it's more of the opposite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have you know, I care about you or I have strong feelings and I'm not sure how to go through it.
Speaker 3: Well, well, I care about you too, and I understand. Just you know, it did really hurt my feelings when I never heard anything from you, and then I know, very hard to work through, you know. I sometimes I think it can be an excuse, you know, not to tell your true feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings or my own, So I.
Speaker 3: Just you know, so is it an excuse?
Speaker 5: I mean no, No, I really liked you. I really like you, and i'd like to, you know, hang out.
Speaker 3: But it's it's tough. Oh, I understand, and I don't want to do too and be awkward. I didn't think you're awkward at all. When we had our date. I thought it was great and the conversation was great, and you were really charming and funny and and i'd like to see you again. And I'm willing to work with you, you know, and the understanding seeing how much I was saying.
Speaker 1: Would you like to go out with mya again, We'll pay for it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely, you look at that.
Speaker 1: That's exciting.
Speaker 2: You got a second date, Maya, and we hear to Aaron's fear of rejection.
Speaker 1: Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 5: Maybe I should pay you guys.
Speaker 1: Will's first date follow up