Speaker 1: Welcome into Ravens Press Pass. Today was the joint practice between the Baltimore Ravens and Green Bay Packers just outside lambeau Field. Very exciting day and we heard from head coach John Harball and tight end Isaiah Likely. Here's Coach Harball talking about the big takeaways from today's joint practice.
Speaker 2: Okay, appreciate everybody being here in beautiful Green Bay and it is a beautiful day. Really amazing facility, great fields, great fans, and we sure appreciate the Packers for hosting us here for this practice. They're a high class team, well coached by coach Lafloor, and then the whole organization.
Speaker 3: I would go back to Bob Harlan.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bob Harlan a guy I've got to be really good friends with his family. Brian is my agent, but Bob Harlan is on His fingerprints are all over this place and he's built this thing up from the ground floor to what it is today. So we appreciate Dad. We're very grateful.
Speaker 3: What question do you have, you know, probably guess another team, the first team, et cetera. How do you think the practice? What did you guys get out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I thought the practice was excellent. Uh, it's what you hope for in a practice like this. It's what we expected against the team coach by Matt Lafleur, uh his dad, my dad coach against each other way back when at Central Michigan versus Western Michigan back in the day, so football family. Both teams were we're keeping it, you know, between the lines between the whistles, and it was physical practice. They're a very good team. I thought our guys did well, quitted themselves very well both sides of the ball.
Speaker 3: I thought we played good football.
Speaker 2: It was good to get out there in a little up up tempo situation against another team situationally and try to handle the problems.
Speaker 3: That are caused by that. So real grateful for that work. Plans are for Saturday in terms of whether you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Play the Stars at all or yeah, we've kind of announced we're kind of on the same uh uh path that we've been on throughout the season so far, so we'll kind of stick to that plant in, you know, just for a guy like that is obviously not gonna play much to get these kind of reps against Pick. No question, I was on the offensive field. So I didn't get a chance to see the defense uh or see that interception, but I heard about it, and uh, I think for Row. Row was looking forward to this practice, as were a lot of the guys. Lamar was looking forward to it. Zay Isaiah, A lot of guys are looking forward to a chance to get out there and go against another team.
Speaker 3: It's really it's valuable to do it.
Speaker 2: Uh. You can do it in games. We decided not to, So this practice takes on importance.
Speaker 1: When you were watching your offense, would you say for the Packers defensive road and that's gonna been the story around here in the last couple weeks.
Speaker 3: I thought they were good. I mean I haven't. I have not followed the press on the Packers.
Speaker 2: At all, to be honest with you. But I thought it was a physical front. I thought their bowl rush was really good.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Run defense was solid, strong, looked like a bunch of big dudes that play hard.
Speaker 3: I was impressed with him. Some evaluations, you know, starting positions.
Speaker 1: What can you get different out of these chorte offices than before you get overseason games.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a it's a great question.
Speaker 2: In some ways, it might be better you know, you get a little more of an isolated opportunity to look at guys situationally one on one pass rush. That's a great drill to take a look at and evaluate for instance. So but they're both valuable and we're happy to have the chance to do it.
Speaker 3: Did you get a chance to your ride? And I did not? I was They brought me over in a cart. I I could probably get on a bike.
Speaker 2: I've heard some of the Packers players were telling me that you gotta kind of take a a real close look at the bike first. You know, the the quality of the bike is not guaranteed. Usually they're really good, but you know, make sure the change's been oiled up three and one oil. Everything's moving smoothly, right. I want to see a chain popped. Don't want to see it gets stuck. Don't want that on video, you know, so we'll have to see.
Speaker 3: But you've had a couple of nice catchers too, uh, I haven't seen it. Pass up the paper. John Batman had a good nice catchers. I haven't seen him. Gotta Ram He came back to practice few weeks ago. Seem like Ram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Richard looked good out there today. He looked quick fast. You know, he had the one great catching practice about what a week and a half ago, and he landed on the ball and that was held him out for a few more days, which we were all bummed about. Uh, I'm happy with her shot. He's gonna have a great season.
Speaker 3: Off intire SiO. You make different decisions.
Speaker 2: I just a hood put today would play the times the bars from the scrimp like time to.
Speaker 3: Start to the pups. Yeah, Brian, I mean I thought they looked good.
Speaker 2: I mean they were bringing bull rushes and games and physical games in there, and our guys were stout passing that stuff off really well. I mean, you're not gonna be perfect. And Lamar definitely holds the ball. Lamar was not looking to run, you know, he was looking to stay in there and throw. I think he probably would run more in a game than he did today, and that's a problem for the defense too. But uh, you know, for I could see, I was standing there. I can't wait to see the tape, but I was happy with. Uh how firm the pocket was. You know, ninety percent of the time, I know what just happened.
Speaker 3: But were you able to get any word on Kyle Hamilton. He went for a bit. Yeah, it's not a serious injury, right, Yeah. I would like to.
Speaker 4: Shift in the league with more teams not playing starters in preseason.
Speaker 3: Do you joint practice like this have auded importance?
Speaker 2: They might, you know, especially if it goes to two preseason games, for sure, Jerry. Like we said last week, the important thing is who you practice against and the mindset of the two teams going in. These two teams had the right mindset going in, and therefore we got good work in.
Speaker 3: So I was. I was happy with it and I believe Matt was happy with it too. I did type out imports, figuring out who you have to play in these things. Is it just a matter of.
Speaker 4: If you're good, you're generally gonna play whoever you're playing in the preseason game that.
Speaker 2: Week end, or if you bub oh for the practice. Yeah, we played everybody in the practice. Yeah, this was kind of an opportunity the guys that aren't gonna play in the preseason game to get the reps we do two more. Have you talked about the ball and not looking at the rogue the run, but today and obviously another guy's on the kickings all Jackson's.
Speaker 3: How I think he looked. I thought it looked real good. Yeah, I thought Lamar looked great.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I also think that the value of this thing because he's coming back there telling me, you know, I should have done this, I should have done that. It's just another kind of a circumstance for him to be in where he can kind of get ready for the season. Or what do I think of Derrick Henry? Yeah, I thought he looked good running through there. I mean, he popped through there a few times. And he he's he's an explosive guy. He's he's always critical of himself. You know, he's I should have taken that one outside, or I should have taken that one back. I love his attention to detail and how he's like he's his own biggest critic and his own biggest believer at the same time. And that's you know, that's that's what that's key to success.
Speaker 3: All Right, Thanks, everybody, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Next up, it's tight End Isaiah Likely discussing what he took from the joint practices and his outlook this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how valuabould be fine, Like you know, I mean, George practice like this what do you think put the guy.
Speaker 3: Out of the Uh?
Speaker 4: I felt like it was a great opportunity. I mean, especially when you know a lot of guys aren't playing in the preseason, so going against you know, another defense, seeing you know how the lead shaping their defenses around, especially going against an NFC opponent. Uh, It's definitely was great work today.
Speaker 3: That's your first.
Speaker 4: Experience, yeah, I wrote, Uh, I wrote, like a little roll low low riders, like a walk kind of down the little hill. But it was fun. I mean it was definitely new experience.
Speaker 2: It is the next top you around fans like tramp so well.
Speaker 4: For sure, Yeah, I mean definitely. I like, you know, the little atmosphere that was like the whole I guess, like the whole strip that you guys had a lot of fans out there.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: The Blakes compared to the lunch your teammates made this summer, how big compared to the lunch your teammates built.
Speaker 4: This summer, Nah, I say, like they they're good. I mean obviously like love Baltimore, love love everybody come out to Baltimore, but obviously coming out here seeing the same love. Uh, definitely, then you know, always seeing the Ravens jerseys. It's also a good feeling.
Speaker 1: Are you aware of that?
Speaker 4: But you leadership year before this week or did somebody tell you about it? Y Uh, I've definitely s c Uh, I've definitely seen it. I mean, uh, I I know a couple guys on Green Bay, so I've definitely seen it on their stories on their Instagrams and stuff. So definitely seen it. But actually get to live in the experience. It's actually pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Is he which guys do you know? The packers for us?
Speaker 4: I know uh, Malie Heath, Uh the other rec Ray six, I know Aj Dillon. Then you had real hand of the record Sea Cam that what you do you think of what you did in the last point last season carried over?
Speaker 3: Int you what you did in stack this song?
Speaker 4: Uh? Really just I say carrying over the confidence. I mean obviously like you wanna, you know, hold on to everything that you did good and obviously benefit from the cons that you have. But I mean this is a new year. I mean we're on the bigger goals cause obviously you know everything then paying out the way we wanted to, so obviously keeping in mind that obviously what I did last year wasn't enough. So keeping that in and understand that this is this is another year to get done.
Speaker 3: How was it to not kind any fight? Gerda?
Speaker 4: First, Uh, I say, that's just being a pro. I mean, obviously, like it's gonna be competitive periods. You're gonna understand that, you know, for the most part, you don't necessarily know the person in front of you, So obviously understand that being a pro is understand that in the game you can't fight, So don't bring in us practice.
Speaker 2: I must bring that up to y'all in today's putting up the game.
Speaker 4: I felt like it was just you know, like a one pointer. I mean obviously, like they told us both were both sides stood on the rules, and then after that it was just you know, play football.
Speaker 3: The guy in front of you.
Speaker 2: How much did you use that to gauge your readiness for the regular seasons that.
Speaker 3: You're not playing? Uh?
Speaker 4: I say, really, just taking every rep that you have like a game rep. And I felt like, no matter who's in front of you, whether it's you know, Green Bay or even when we're playing the Ravens arc against our defense, just teaching treating every rep like it's a game rep. So when the game comes, it's easy.
Speaker 3: What was it like to see the starting defense out there? It was good.
Speaker 4: I mean obviously, you know, I've never played in Green Bay, so you know, seeing them, seeing how they operate, you know, seeing the coverages, seeing the defensive line. It was definitely like a new experience.
Speaker 3: How you're not playing Green Bay and how said lamp or what the iconic field.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'd definitely be you know, I'll definitely take it in when I walk in. Uh, obviously, like look around, see you know all the grades that played in there, and then really just go from there.
Speaker 3: Cause give your recommendations to get against the Chiefs first.
Speaker 4: Nah, he ain't give me no recommendation. I'll probably have to see after we got a team dinner. So hopefully, you know, they show up and show out when we get to this team dinner.
Speaker 1: Now, they say, seems really hopeful with the younger receivers.
Speaker 3: What have you seen from him?
Speaker 4: Like going into her two for him? Uh, I mean say they's taking off that leadership aspect of the receiver room. I mean good and bad players as they have. He always tries to embrace to show, you know, the younger guys below him that you know, don't dwell on the past. I mean, they make so many plays. I mean he's one of the focal points of our offense, so he knows that for the offense to go, he has to go. So Inspiring the younger guys to give every one hundred percent every play and show up and show out is definitely a monstra that he's been caring.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Thank you for listening. Make sure you're subscribed for all future press conferences, and go over to the Lounge podcast where myself, Ryan Mink, Garrett Downing, and Clifton Brown broke down all the action from today's joint practice with Cliff out in Green Bay. He was our eyes on the ground, give us a full report on what happened to practice. To go check that out. Just make sure you're subscribe to that as well. Thanks for listening, and we'll be back with you after Saturday's preseason finale against the Packers.