Speaker 1: It's the best Bitch of the Week with Morgan i k.
Speaker 2: She's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone.
Speaker 3: Show this week.
Speaker 4: Happy weekend friends, I'm excited that you're joining me here for the best bits. We are counting down the best seven segments from The Bobby Bone Show this week, all based on engagement. The things that you guys loved online called in about all that good stuff. Lots of numbers and analytics to this, so let's dive in so you can catch up. Amy and Eddie both admitted some things that their kids have made impulse purchases on, like when they weren't paying attention and they decided to go online and order something and then holy crap, all of these things either show up or they see it on their bill. And we even had parents call in and share some of their stories. It's always fun. Kids do the craziest things. Number seven, Hid ordered seventy thousand suckers.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a big box. Oh, Kentucky second grader ordered seventy thousand lollipops. I mean that's going to hold you for a while. Let's be honest. I feel like suckers, you're good, But yeah, how are the favors from Lexington shared the heir Son Liam order thirty cases of dumb dumb suckers. And these cases aren't small. They have two three hundred and forty suckers inside. Just went on and I'm assuming because it's very easy to hit that plus button because you know your order. And this says, Oh, I'm looking at the front door. Oh my god, how they get out? Oh my god? If Amazon it filled up the whole Amazon van. There's no way the guy had to make a specialty dumb dumb sucker drop because they're stacked probably six feet high. The boxes, five or six different rows six feet wow, seventy thousand lollipops.
Speaker 5: Dum dumbs are good.
Speaker 3: Dumb dumbs pretty good.
Speaker 5: The mystery dumb dumb.
Speaker 3: There's too much work for too little dumb because it's small. It's so small. Yeah, so yeah, four two hundred dollars and dumb dumbs.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Amazon letter return eight of the thirty box. She was left with another twenty two, so she's trying to sucker sell them. Would you like to buy some dom doms? That's from wkyt dot com. This has to be super relatable with parents. And kids who were just learning how to use the phone or the iPad, because I'm imagining a toddler ain't slapping a bunch of buttons and making it exactly to order this, order this many, proceed to check out, go. It's got to be right in that wheelhouse amy anything.
Speaker 6: Now, Well, when my kids first got to America, we adopted and they were older, and we were like, oh, let's get on these Amazon fire tablets. And I guess we didn't turn off something on my daughter's Amazon tablet and she was able to buy like a bunch of things and I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was hundreds of dollars.
Speaker 3: And she know what she was doing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, probably she's pretty savvy.
Speaker 3: Maybe she didn't think it would get back to you since it was her tablet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, was it music? I honestly can't remember.
Speaker 6: I just know when we called Amazon, they refunded us immediately, so that part was cool.
Speaker 3: And you got to keep the other stuff or was it digital?
Speaker 6: It was all digital because it was on the fire tablet and we were like, oh, we need to make sure that this toggle is on, and this toggle is on for like parental controls and all of that. But it surprised me how easy it was for the Amazon probably dealt with it a lot, and they're like, oh, yeah, no problem, here's a refund.
Speaker 3: Like Tutsi pops. I'd been a little happier about ye too, Yeah, Tutsi pops are awesome. Do you ever did the thing with the star and it became the stupid thing where if you opened your Toutsi pop and there was the Native American with the arrow and there was a star on it, and you stuck your stick through the star, then you made a wish. I'm convinced that was them just marketing toward kids.
Speaker 6: Oh really, I mean I knew about the star thing and I thought it was cool, but I never knew there was a whole thing where you stick the stick in it and make a wish. Is that an Arkansas thing or just universal?
Speaker 3: Why has it got to be an Arkansas thing? Because that yeah? There, no, I you it's okay, I start crying.
Speaker 1: Okay, you just made that story up, that's in your head. What story that I was saying? Why does it have to be from Arkansas?
Speaker 3: As you said, is that an Arkansas thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because that's where you grew up. Sometimes things are regional potato potato.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding, Eddie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my oldest like when he's seventeen now, but I think he was probably nine or ten, and he was playing the game Subway Surfers, and I guess our credit card was already programmed with the phone.
Speaker 3: In at purchases power Up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, he spent like two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Of power love a power up? I felt that I love a power up.
Speaker 5: And what's crazy is we called Apple. We're like, this is like what do we do here and there? Like it happens all the time. We'll just we'll just take all those power ups away and now and then we got our money.
Speaker 3: Back pay used them so different ish, But my grandmother raised me for a lot of my life. And I remember seeing on television you call this nine hundred number and talk to your favorite Major League Baseball stars and they had Andre Dawson. Oh yeah. Different. As a kid, I didn't know what Kitty after darkwise, so I could talk to Andre Dawson, Mark Grace too, of my favorite Cubs. And so you call and it was two ninety nine in the first minute, ninety nine cents each additional minute. So I called, and then I realized it was recordings from these guys. I didn't really keep me from calling again because I thought I would hang out before the first minute and never get charged. So I'd listen to the first fifty seconds of Mark Grace. Hey, thanks for Colin. Let me tell you all of my favorite baseball stories. Grandma got the bill. I was like one hundred and ten dollars. Oh my gosh, yeah, she called. They even then they wipe most of it away.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Back in the day. They understand lunchbox, your kids anything.
Speaker 7: No, they're too young.
Speaker 8: They don't really know how to get on Amazon or anything like that. They don't know how to get on an iPad. They don't know how to do any of that.
Speaker 7: So so far, so good.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh, I did My wife had no idea. Let's talk to Sarah and Florida. Sarah, you're on the show. What happened with you?
Speaker 9: Good morning studio morning. Well, my son had just turned six years old and we had a birthday party for him and he got a bunch of gift cards, which he was sick so he didn't understand how that worked. He thought that that just meant he had money. And we also didn't realize he knew how to use Amazon, but he did. And we woke up the next morning to an email that said he ordered a thousand Pokemon cards and an airsoft rifle.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, sounds fun, sounds fun, and so how much total?
Speaker 9: It was just over five hundred and fifty dollars?
Speaker 3: Oh and how much did you a? Were you able to send anything back and get a refund?
Speaker 9: No, we cried, and it was already being delivered. I could have sent it back, but I ended up just keeping the airsoft rifle and we're waiting till he's older to let him play with it.
Speaker 3: She's like, we kept it. We tied him out, and we shot him with it. Will you do that again?
Speaker 7: No, ma'am?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dang, that stinks, Sarah. I appreciate that call. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Thank you, y'all, have a good day you too.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for calling. Really eight seven seven seventy seven, Bobby is our number. Let's got Rebecca listening in Maryland. Rebecca, what is your story?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 11: My five year old son, this was last year. He got super into ninjas and decided that he was gonna hop on Amazon with his friends and order Morning Stars, a dagger, and a ninja outfit. So it was kind of crazy as well as nunchucks. Actually, it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 9: Because it didn't end up being that.
Speaker 11: Expensive, which was shocking to me. It was only like two hundred and fifty dollars, but they.
Speaker 9: Were all real so oh wow for a five year old obviously.
Speaker 11: So yes, we did end up sending them back and got a full refund, but I let him keep an einja out fit.
Speaker 3: Makes me want a ninja outfit because and all those other stuff, well, the stuff I don't hurt myself, but like scrubs look so comfortable, so does a ninja outfit.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I can cover up no one even know who I am, right, and.
Speaker 5: You just wrap your face move around places quietly.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what ninjas could do though, They could hide their vulnerabilities. They could take their testicles and push in their stomach what No, they could not. They could the good ones. Oh well that's a vulnerable spot.
Speaker 1: I yeah.
Speaker 3: So let's imagine you're fighting a ninja right now. Imagine this a lot I'm fighting ninja and then I kick them with the balls and they go, nothing here, can't hurt me tucked away. I'm like, what happened? My vulnerability has been tucked? Tell me that ain't?
Speaker 13: I mean?
Speaker 1: You just made me google? Can ninjas really hide their the Internet?
Speaker 3: The Internet will say no because they don't want you to know.
Speaker 1: Okay, they say in a literal sense, they cannot.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the figurative sense?
Speaker 1: The term life typed in balls?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 1: I said, can ninjas really hide their balls?
Speaker 3: What the heck? That's a weird way to ask? That is that weird?
Speaker 6: No, ninjas do not have any specific techniques hyder balls in the literal sense. The term balls is often used humorously in the context of ninja lore, but ninja's focused on stealth, infiltration and espionage or not hiding body parts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, Mike, look up the real version. Okay, go to the dark web. That's where we find the good stuff.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me get more scientific testicles.
Speaker 3: Can ninjas google this? Can ninja? How did ninjas protect their testicles? Okay? Can we find me in ninjasuit? I want to wear it next week on the show The Whole Week yeah, I want to wear a ninja suit every day on the show. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Okay, they wear compression shorts. It does what compresses it fitting underpants or spandex underneath their attire to keep the testicle snug and minimize the risk of injury during movement and potential impact.
Speaker 1: So they're just compressed.
Speaker 3: You said, they were talking them what I've done in my training. They can tuck them up in.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 6: The media does portray that they're able to do something like you were talking about.
Speaker 1: But that's media.
Speaker 3: And you know what, if you're thinking about the media, always truthful. That's one thing we know. Okay, we're idiots. Let me do Hey, Rebecca, do you know where he got the ninja out fit? And was it cool?
Speaker 13: It was pretty cool.
Speaker 11: He ended up wearing it for Halloween, but I don't know, it was just awful Amazon.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, thank you for the call. You have inspired. Thank you?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 3: Let me ask a question if I were a ninja costume. Oh so, people get in trouble for putting on the head dress because they're like, hey, you can't dress like a Native American if they're not Native American. I'm not a ninja.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I don't think is ninja specific to a group of people.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know that the abody Asian.
Speaker 3: Are there American ninjas?
Speaker 5: Maybe that's the way it used to be.
Speaker 3: You know, soon wrestlers stuck their stuff up in their thing too Suma wrestlers fight by throwing each other around and jumping. I gotta get one of these two.
Speaker 1: It says there are American ninja warriors.
Speaker 3: Pulling the testes up behind the pubis gives them some measure of protection against the crashing blows of their opponent compression underwear behind it. That's what they would call in the NFL the tuck rule.
Speaker 1: Bobby, you're good. You can be an all American ninja.
Speaker 3: I can you have to wear an American flag though, to say I'm not appropriating. Can you find me a ninjat fit costume? Okay? Cool? I feel good. This thing turned it too a big one eighty. But we'll take more calls on. Oh man, there's awesome one there. How much of the sword?
Speaker 5: Oh you're on the website now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, wait a second, this is just that TV show where they like new obstacle courses.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's not a real ninja. I know, that. Now, that's what she was like on the TV show American Ninja. Can they stick their testicles?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: Of course not. Okay? Is it okay to dress like a ninja?
Speaker 7: Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Will you hit that please? As long as you treat the costume of culture with respect, there is no harm in wearing them. Okays?
Speaker 6: For how long did you type in is it okay for a white guy from Arkansas?
Speaker 3: Why do you gotta go to Arkansas again?
Speaker 1: Because again that's where you're from?
Speaker 16: Okay, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: This is a very classic Lunchbox versus Morgan situation where he thought I was being dramatic. I thought he was being too much, and we shared our sides of the story, and then everybody else shared how they thought about it.
Speaker 17: So Lunchbox versus Morgan, But it is not a game. This is very real life.
Speaker 3: Number six, So I have a recording of Lunchbox scaring Morgan in the garage. Is this a thing like you like to scare? Because I hear you like to scare women in the garage? What?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 8: No, I just saw Morgan getting out of her car getting in her car sometime like leaving work or whatever, and so.
Speaker 3: A talker says, yeah, like he just watched her do this over and over.
Speaker 7: No, no, over and over. It's just a happenstance. And so what's that word?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 8: Like if I don't see if she doesn't see me, it's funny.
Speaker 7: Ah boo whatever. People do that all the time.
Speaker 3: It's funny, okay, And here it is okay. So here's the club of him scaring her in the garage. Go ahead, woo.
Speaker 7: Tell you that.
Speaker 10: Don't hog in me.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't a happenstance. She honked at you.
Speaker 8: I guess she had haunked at me a couple of days before. And then I got her and then she's like, you can't do that. That is so disrespectful. Do you know how fearful it is for a woman to walk into parking roade and she starts going ballistic.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, you had.
Speaker 3: That recording, then if you're really sting she's ballistic, there's no reason why to stop the recording.
Speaker 7: No. I stopped because I'm like, oh, this is done. I just wanted to scare you.
Speaker 3: And then she was like, so the good audio you don't have? What do you mean the good audio, claiming that she went ballistic.
Speaker 8: She told me, it's so unsafe for you to do that with women in a garage, like it's we're already scared to walk through garage and you can't jump out and scare us. I'm like, whoa, it's in daylight. And I said, ah, that said boo? Did I say boo?
Speaker 3: Gets boo yah boo.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Morgan thoughts, Okay.
Speaker 4: I not it was disrespectful or anything, but I just said, Lunchbox. Lunchbox has scared me in the parking garage like five times now. This is a common party, and I'm like, do you have to stop doing this? Because I do feel alert in places that are darker, and parking garages are a little sketchy, so I do feel very like on alert in places like that. And I'm like, Lunchbox, you can do this anywhere else, but please stop doing this in the parking.
Speaker 3: Garage anywhere else. Dude, are sneak in her house.
Speaker 7: That's what I've got free right and anywhere else to say boo.
Speaker 8: Think she's a little overreacting, like, oh my gosh, it's not a safe place.
Speaker 3: And I think somebody just yelling boo's kind of funny. That's like nineteen.
Speaker 4: Fifties, right, Like he's like an old cast more the ghost, like an old ghost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's funny. I think she's expressed that she doesn't feel safe, so please don't scare in the garage she does.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, Okay, So am I allowed to if she's walking in.
Speaker 3: The I'm not saying you're allowed to do anything more?
Speaker 6: Again, for the record, she's like, am I allowed to come up behind her?
Speaker 1: That's not what I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: What am I stabber with a fork in the leg? Is that okay?
Speaker 1: Can I get in her back seat?
Speaker 3: Can I abduct her pencil to her neck? Can I drive her to the county line and throw her in a ditch?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 3: What's what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: What if I up?
Speaker 3: What if I put a bag over her head but I don't tape her mouth?
Speaker 1: Can I put her in my trunk?
Speaker 3: But what if the trunk has pillowed in it?
Speaker 7: Go ahead, man, what are you gonna ask?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 7: Is it okay?
Speaker 1: If what we're gonna say?
Speaker 7: No, If she's walking through the garage and our.
Speaker 3: If you honk, that's different because it's not like a dude. And she's in her car walking. I think you're still a cars Okay, Yeah, I mean I wouldn't do it, but is.
Speaker 7: So hogging is okay? But boo is bad. I mean.
Speaker 3: From a private number and breathe heavily and tell her I'm gonna kill her and eat her alive.
Speaker 4: There's something about the close proximity of like two people and you're coming out of nowhere that just feels like I'm just gonna one of these times I'm gonna like react to that.
Speaker 3: Oh man, get tears of my eyes from get back and forth.
Speaker 16: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two, Megan Moroney stopped by the studio to talk about her collaboration That's now out with Kenny Chesney and how it happened, why she wrote the song, plus her connection to Christian Bush one part of sugar Land, and why he's a producer on so many of her record So really fun stuff right here here it is Meghan Maroney in studio.
Speaker 16: Number five on The Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 3: Now, Megan, Meghan, really good to see you, Good to see you. Thank you hoping that was the answer. Sometimes it's not met like that I have said multiple times, even publicly, I think you are this generations the songwriter, like the artist songwriter of today. Thoughts thoughts on me claiming proclaiming you the greatest artist songwriter of today.
Speaker 18: That's a huge compliment, it is, yes, and I really appreciate that.
Speaker 3: What's Kenny been like as a person on tour?
Speaker 17: The best ever?
Speaker 18: Like I would redo last summer, every single summer.
Speaker 3: If I could give me a Kenny on tour story.
Speaker 18: Kenny on tour story. Okay, so one time the route he gets to travel like the king of country.
Speaker 17: He is me not so much.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 17: One time we had like a couple of days off.
Speaker 18: The routing was weird and we were stuck in a parking lot in like Ohio or something for a couple of days. And he found out that we were having to do that, so he literally flew my crew. He sent his plane to middle of nowhere, Ohio and put us in rooms in Malibu for a couple of days, just because he knew that we needed the rest, Me and team. Yeah, he's just like so kind and so welcoming and we learned so much from him.
Speaker 3: The song with Kenny you had to be there how'd that come together.
Speaker 18: We were on a writer's trip in December of last year, and that was obviously After the Sun Goes Down tour, and I write about things that are important to me, and that tour I just feel like was a pivotal point of my career and honestly a highlight.
Speaker 17: Of my life, to be honest. So I knew I wanted to write a song about it somehow.
Speaker 18: But we were on the beach, we were down in Florida, and Micah started playing this thing that sounded like a Kenney song, like you know when it opens and it's like dun dun du dun d. I'm like, that's freaking a guiney Jesney song. And I had the title you had to Be There, because that's how it kind of felt like. When I explained the tour to someone that wasn't there, I'm like, I don't even know how to explain it.
Speaker 17: But it was like the best summer of my life.
Speaker 18: And yeah, we kind of just started writing, and then we ended up writing Kenny into the second verse and it was his Christmas gift from me. We had a trip planned to the island like January. First, I played New York City for New Year's Eve. We flew straight from there to the island, like me and my team and a couple of my friends. And I didn't know what to get him for Christmas because he has everything, you know what I mean. Like my end of tour gift was a scrapbook that I made because he has that, Like what do you like?
Speaker 17: So I was like, I've got a creative here. So we ended up writing this song. I wrote out the.
Speaker 18: Lyrics and I gave that to him, like wrote it. I wrote it down on paper, and I said, I was so awkward the first like three hours we were in the island because I knew I was gonna like have to show him a song, and like, how do you show Kenny Chesney.
Speaker 17: A song that you wrote?
Speaker 18: Like that's so embarrassing to bring it up. Yeah, and like he if he hated it. I don't like getting shown songs that I don't love, especially you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You're like, how about that song?
Speaker 18: I know, like if he hated it, I didn't want him to feel bad because I know he like cares about me. I literally prefaced it with like, if you hate this, this is just like from my heart and how I feel about the tour and like, I'm so appreciative that you took me on tour. It does We do not have to do anything with this song. You can literally like never show it to anyone. But I wrote out the lyrics for you and he ended up loving it. And a lot of things I feel like can make you feel jaded in the industry, but having a song with Kenny is something like I was listening to it on the way here. I'm like, when his voice comes in, I'm like, holy crap.
Speaker 3: Do you have a favorite Kenny song of all time?
Speaker 18: I think the one that I've listened to, Like, if you look at my Spotify and the data, I would say Knowing You is probably one that I've fixated on.
Speaker 3: It's a good one. What Kenny. I often say, I'm not a beach Kenny fan, but I'm a sad Kenny super fan because I love sad songs that Kenny does the best. I tell Kenny this, I'm like, I love sad Kenny, and you know I like you and Tequila probably my favorite Kenny's song in general nineties. Kenny's interesting because that was Cowboy Hat Kenny way back in the day. Are you more of a beach Kenny or a sad Kenny.
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 18: Beach Kenny is hard to be. Like Summertime.
Speaker 3: You grew up near Asha Beach that right in Georgia, you had water. I'm from Arkansas. We never had beaches song, I.
Speaker 17: Don't I listened to Kenny on.
Speaker 3: The Lake a lot, so yeah, even like I guess it counts. Yeah.
Speaker 18: The first time I heard Summertime, I was on a boat and lake.
Speaker 3: With DOOWI you're still working with my bff, Christian Bush.
Speaker 18: Sure, I am.
Speaker 3: So everybody knows Christian Bush is one half of sugar Land, and I've been lucky enough to know Christian. We've written whole bunch stuff together, like comedy stuff together, and he's awesome. But at one point, you like interned, I was, yeah, Christian in Atlanta, right.
Speaker 18: Yeah, my senior year at the University of Georgia, I was a publishing intern. So I was logging all the splits and figuring out how to do that, which was actually.
Speaker 3: Helpful because you learned the business.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I had to do it for myself.
Speaker 3: What does he do with you? Like, what's you guys' relationship professionally now? He's my producer, so he's producing the music. Yeah, he did the Kenny song and then all of my music. Isn't he the most positive guy?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 17: He makes any so smart.
Speaker 18: Yes, sometimes he loses me, like he'll have some crazy philosophical thing and I'm like.
Speaker 17: You lost me.
Speaker 3: That's his brother for me. Sometimes he brand it the same way, like way smart and You're like, I don't know, can you like E l I five because I do not understand this? Oh you having fine?
Speaker 18: Like yes, the most fun like this tour that I'm on them IOK tour has been the most fun I've had on the road. And I just feel, I don't know, it's just the best time ever. My fans are the best.
Speaker 3: You know, you're making it whenever tiktoks are going viral of your entrances and I see that of yours of your like come out and oh yeah yeah, where like people are like and then what.
Speaker 17: You say really dramatic, yeah moon thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen that a bunch. When you're in the middle of it, does it feel like you've been blown up?
Speaker 18: I think when I hear like it's stirring the shows where I'm like, wow, a lot has changed because I sing the least I sing the whole album in the least stream song on the album, which I'm not even sure which one that is. But they sing every single word, every single song, which is when I'm like, oh wait, this is more than just whatever it used to be, you know. And I just feel grateful for fans who I don't know. I guess they feel connected to me because we're all going through the same stuff and they like my songwriting, and as a songwriter, to hear a whole room of people sing every single word is like.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like I think that's it. I think you're a really good singer. You're a really good performer. But it's all back to the songwriting. I think people really identify with you because of how you write songs and how personal or even specific you get during songs. Were you ever at the beginning like maybe we shouldn't be so specific, because that's kind of a new trend to be extremely specific.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I'm not even sure it was on purpose. I think I was just like I didn't know how to write a song. I was just writing, you know, like I didn't take a class or I guess I just like like the music I like growing up and that kind of has bled into my songwriting. But yeah, I guess I've never been afraid to be specific.
Speaker 3: What was the first song you learned to play and sing at the same time? Strawberry one and that's probably that's monumental and you can do the hands on rhythm, also saying yeah, how old were you?
Speaker 17: I was like sixteen?
Speaker 3: How did you get your first guitar?
Speaker 18: I wouldn't stop crying over my first boyfriend. He broke up with me. My heart was shattered. My dad took me to Guitar Center on like Labor Day or something, so they're having the sale. I picked out one that was not on sale. He didn't realize that until they wiped it off and they got it to the front and they were like, sorry, sir, this one's not on sale. And I looked at my dad and I said, I've had my heart broken once this week. I think I could handle it again if you don't want to get this. And that's how I ended up with it, and now I've retired it from the road because it's sentimental and it means a lot to me, so I don't because you know, sometimes you got to perform in the rain and stuff. So I don't take that one on tour anymore, but I do have it still.
Speaker 3: When you moved to Nashville, what was harder than you expected it to be?
Speaker 18: Everything? I think, I would say, I guess just figuring out your groove of like people to write with and stuff like, because I wrote by myself for the first year basically, and also kind of I guess just keeping after it and nothing's happening because for the first like two years, I was writing songs every day, going to every single possible social event. I could go to every writer's round, and not much happened. So I think, just like, it's hard to stick with something when you don't see the results right away.
Speaker 3: You know, well, Megan, it's awesome to see you again. You're killing it. You make the best music. I don't even know what else to say except I'm super happy for you.
Speaker 17: I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there she is our friend, Megan Roney. Good job, good job. It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 16: Number two.
Speaker 17: It was draft day this week.
Speaker 4: We did a draft of the best wedding reception songs, and I got absolutely roasted for my picks. Okay, and I don't think it was warranted.
Speaker 3: Number four, we'll be drafting best songs to play at a wedding reception. So you're a wedding reception. Dja gets up. All right, ever, we got over my day. I'm gonna play this song and they hit it and everybody's like, oh, gotta get out on the dance floor. So we'll be draftfting and Lunchbox won the dice, roll backstage. He'll go first, Lunchbox, Best songs to play at a wedding reception.
Speaker 7: Oh man, I didn't want to go first, but here we go.
Speaker 5: Wow, I really want to go first.
Speaker 3: You always want. I want to go first.
Speaker 5: It's the best pick.
Speaker 10: Give me.
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, I don't know. Uptown Funk.
Speaker 3: It's a good one. Yeah, that's a good one. Okay, Uptown Funk. You should feel solid with that.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 8: I actually wrote the bad word though, Why.
Speaker 3: Would you at the up? That's not even a song? All right, Morgan, I'm.
Speaker 17: Gonna go with Sweet Caroline.
Speaker 3: Okay, Neil Diamond, Sweet Caroline. That's a good singer.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 17: It's always played every wedding I've gone to Eddie.
Speaker 5: The one that is always always played is y m c A.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good one. I didn't have that really, guys, I think it's a great one.
Speaker 5: Everyone gets excited.
Speaker 3: We're familiar with song. Yeah, yeah, we are. Okay, Okay, I'm gonna go with chut y'all slide it's the group dance of course.
Speaker 5: To slide one.
Speaker 3: We about to get funk it.
Speaker 5: Don't say the other word.
Speaker 3: Well, I wrote down the other word, Amy, Cupid shuffle. It was one of those two for me. Which one is to the left?
Speaker 5: To the left that.
Speaker 3: You're doing Cupid shuffle now?
Speaker 19: But they're similar, like yeah, turn turn it down, both jams, yeah, both champs.
Speaker 3: They're getting confused in my head. Now, all right, Amy, we're gonna go backward. Now you have the first pick, best songs to play at a wedding reception.
Speaker 6: We are family, mister Sledge.
Speaker 5: Did you have to look up who sing that one?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Who's I didn't know that's who's saying that?
Speaker 1: Yes, I had to google it's sister Sluch.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna go with my second pick, shake it off. Taylor Swift one a little newer that I'm comfortable with, but I think it's still fun. I think that's a good one, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Eddie, Grandma's love this one because when they come out of their shell when they hear Pony by genuine Grandma's your horn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, genuine pony Okay.
Speaker 4: Morgan, Okay, oh man, this is maybe it's because it's related to Key State, but I also hear this at every wedding, mister bright Side, all.
Speaker 3: The killers, mister bright Side, Okay, Yeah, I think it may be a Kansas state thing. It's a great song, but I don't I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I've heard it at every wedding I've gone to, but I don't know if that's a Kansas thing.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna fight you over it.
Speaker 8: Lunchbox, Yeah, everybody likes to dance, everybody likes to sing this one.
Speaker 7: Don't stop believing.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Lunchmarks has uptown funk and don't stop believing. And now for his final pick, because he'll go first this final pick. Go ahead.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you write a party, you want people on the dance floor. Party in the US. Side my mighty cyrus boom. Everybody's on the dance floor.
Speaker 3: Morgan has Sweet Carolina, mister Brightside, Morgan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm between two that are single words, but one is like a newer one's old school. I think.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna go with the wobble wabblebaby, wabble baby m that's tough. That's also another big dance that everybody does and everybody knows it because it's easy.
Speaker 3: That's tough.
Speaker 5: I don't see Grandma's doing that one.
Speaker 3: That's tough.
Speaker 17: I see Grandma's doing that one more than Pony.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I agree, don't. I don't like Grandma do either one of.
Speaker 10: Eddie.
Speaker 3: You have y mc A and Pony.
Speaker 5: God, what a good team. This is why I'm gonna draft Shadeur Sanders. Next, this is the give me girls just want to have fun. Come on, girls, it's your time on the dance below.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing is when we all sell it, when nobody gives us a good reaction, because we all do it, you know, partying, and you we're like, come on, give me something, but you all don't like that one. Well, no, I do it too. And if if I'm like you guys, if there's not a good reaction, like I'm family feud, good answer, good answer? Yeah, okay, So I have chock y'all slide and shake it off. I'm between two. I'd love to talk it out, but do you already know yours? Amy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What if I let you have yours regardless and now talk my two out? But you may have one of my two, and I'm willing to go with that risk.
Speaker 7: What do you have?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't have that one. I have it, but that wasn't one of my cho That's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the two that I'm working between, one title, everybody's gonna know and know the song. It's That's importance brown Eyed Girl Van Morrison. That's good, which is a great one. The other one I think people will know, but I think they know it more when they hear it, and it's an ultimate dance at a wedding song, which is September earth Wind and Fire. Do you remember? And I think when that plays, that feels like a wedding more than anything else. But people may not know September just seeing it up there, no.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm just gonna go brown Eyed Girl, that's my third song. Good answer, thank you. I see Grandma's doing that one you do, that's a Grandma one. So we'll put them up and you guys can vote Lunchbox Uptown Funk, don't stop believing a party in the USA. Morgan with Sweet Caroline, Mister Brightside and Wobble.
Speaker 17: Why are you that's such a good team? Maybe you know what? Maybe is because I'm young.
Speaker 3: Wobble's not because you're young.
Speaker 5: I mean, she probably.
Speaker 1: Hasn't played in the club.
Speaker 17: But I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 4: I have danced to the Wabble at every club I have gone to ever.
Speaker 3: Always play. Eddie has Ymca pony and girls just want to have fun.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 3: I chucked You'll slides shake it off and brown Eye girl and Amy has cupa shuffle. We are family and yeah that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Who did he finish his last though? Honestly probably Morgan?
Speaker 17: MORGANA haters it because I'm young.
Speaker 3: It's not on purpose, not on purpose. Okay, go vote Bobbybones dot com. It's up there.
Speaker 16: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two.
Speaker 4: Eddie had his way in this week after he listened to the tone that claims to help people lose weight for an entire week.
Speaker 17: Well, Monday was his way in after doing that for.
Speaker 4: A week and we see if he lost anywait or put wait on or you know what happened?
Speaker 17: Does this tone actually work?
Speaker 3: Number three? So back in twenty eighteen, they had this tone, and this tone was at a certain wavelength, and this tone did things like helped in bone reformation after injuries and wound healing. So since that work, they started to what they say bathe cultured cells and acoustic waves, and they started to manipulate it a bit, and they created a tone that also did a weight loss. And so this here is a four hundred and forty hertz tone, the a note on a piano and a high pitched fourteen killer hertz tone put together. And you listen to this and you lose weight if you walk around listening to it for like fifteen minutes a day. I'm gonna play the tone. Then we're going to weigh Eddie in again. All right, hit the tone. So for the last seven days, Eddie has walked around twenty minutes a day listening to this tone. He's done nothing else that's out of the ordinary. You even travel this weekend, we went to Ira country festivals.
Speaker 5: Drank beer, eight pizza, room service late at night. Yeah, the normal.
Speaker 3: I don't even think you did all that.
Speaker 5: Did you want a room service every night?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Dude, drank beer eight pizza. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You have a lot of clothes on though, so I thought about this.
Speaker 3: I wear like two sweaters.
Speaker 5: I should take the sweater off. Yeah, take everything else off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh, you gotta take your shoes off. Remember we took shoes off last time.
Speaker 3: His last weight was one ninety six point three. Are your shoes off?
Speaker 5: Yeah, shoes are off. But dude, I have been I've been doing this like and that. That sound freaks me out. Now I don't want to hear it anymore. Oh but maybe.
Speaker 3: I have lost weight and that's the day eddphones on. He can't hear it. Ray's playing it now.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, what. I took him off because I didn't want to. I didn't want to weigh the headphones.
Speaker 1: Great point, and take your hat off and socks.
Speaker 3: We're good without socks, and you're not gonna go like underwear all day like the UFC fighters.
Speaker 5: No, they were good.
Speaker 3: And you've not like worked out extra huh, it's normal life. He weighed in at one ninety six point three. Eddie, step on the scale. Please let go the mic a good point. He takes off all his clothes and holds onto the biggest thing. Mike, what does it say there? What one five point four? Oh my god, and you traveled, we're on flights and we're out of your normal zone.
Speaker 6: Yes, And I can confirm that at one one night, like what was Friday night, at like eleven pmish, we got back to the hotel and he's like, I'm gonna go get a burger anybody who won't.
Speaker 5: Want Yeah, And that was the same night I walked the halls of the hotel listening to this tone, which is kind of weird.
Speaker 3: And there's a lot of water retention inflammation that happened on your thought. Yeah, dude, does this really work? Do you think it worked? I think it did.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, like, Okay, there were a couple of nights where I was like, I did eat sweets, But there were some nights where I'm like, I was not craving a sweet that I would normally crave.
Speaker 3: So you think, more than the tone doing something to your body physically, it did something to your brain and your cravings. It impacted what you wanted more than what it was doing to your body.
Speaker 5: I'm no scientists, but yeah, no scientist, which is not there. It's yeah maybe okay, And of course, I mean I was walking while I was listening to this tone. Some days I would do it for twenty minutes, some days I would do it for fifteen minutes. But I was walking the whole time.
Speaker 6: You said a minute ago that it scared you, but if you lost weight, it may not. And you lost a pound, so what are you going to keep?
Speaker 3: I think it was making him crazy more than like that's what the sound was doing.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, but you know, like, what do you call it? Net?
Speaker 19: Game?
Speaker 5: Like, dude, if I can lose another pound or listen to this for another week, I'm game.
Speaker 3: So okay, does anyone own this sound? Let's we put it up on our website. Morgan, can we get sued? We can't put a Luke com song up on the website because we get to Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 17: Gonna have to do some research into.
Speaker 3: This, or is there a link we can just provide somebody.
Speaker 17: We can link out to it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we can do that. We'll put the tone up that way. You can download it if you want to walk and listen to it for twenty minutes, you can the miracle tone is that we're calling it the miracle tone.
Speaker 5: That's what this is.
Speaker 3: I think it's interesting that you say it stopped your cravings, because if you were to say I lost weight because it did something to my body physically, like it worked on cells and cellular rejuvenation, whatever those terms are they used for that, I have no idea i'd go. I don't know.
Speaker 5: So like maybe as I'm listening into the tone, I'm thinking, like my body's losing way, and then somewhere in there my mind is telling don't eat the sweets.
Speaker 3: It could have been some sort of like hypnosis type DWG.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you don't think that the tone increases is metabolic rate?
Speaker 3: I don't know that's a good word. I should have used that. I didn't know that one. That's a good one, possibly, But I believe the other thing a little more, that it's affected his cravings more so than physically it's affected him.
Speaker 5: What are the odds of me like just losing a pound though randomly, I think that.
Speaker 3: You lost if you did come back even out of say, that's victory considering your abnormal travel schedule.
Speaker 5: But it's crazy, dude, I really lost a pound.
Speaker 3: And hey, I can tell he like great good.
Speaker 16: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two, These are my confessions. That's what happened in this upcoming segment. Lunchbox did his bathroom confessions, which he does at least once a year, and at least once a year. I always cringe and die of laughter because this is potentially one of my favorite street mids that he does, where he goes out and talks to strangers and I cringe so hard, but it's also hilarious the fact that he is even willing to go.
Speaker 17: And do this.
Speaker 3: Number two, so Lunchbox goes back into a public bathroom. Was this at an airport?
Speaker 7: Airport bathrooms?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: This time?
Speaker 3: What city?
Speaker 7: Austin or Nashville. I don't know which one's witch, you know what I mean? They all get jumbled.
Speaker 3: Yeah both, Yeah, I did them both. So Lunchbox will walk into the bathroom and you'll sit on the toilet when there's a guy sitting on the toilet next to him. The only thing in the middle is the wall, and so then he knocks and then he just basically either asks for advice or confesses something. These are very cringey. They also are awesome. Sometimes. Here we go clip number one, Stall.
Speaker 10: Four, what's up? Installed three? Stall two? Here Paul stops? How you doing?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 10: Man, I gotta be honest, this is my first time flying. I'm kind of nervous. Well, more beer? Is that what it is? So just get a good buzz going.
Speaker 20: If it's good, someone'll just say your your byes.
Speaker 10: So oh, man, Well, I don't want to.
Speaker 20: Man, Man, I know, hey, you worry about okay, but.
Speaker 8: It would be weird if I ask the person next to me, like, hey, can I hold your hand on takeoff?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 20: That might be a little weird. Okay, Man, I think it's weird. All right, Man, Well, I guess I better down a couple more beers.
Speaker 3: Did he say, is no weirder than him because he's taking a beef?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well we're talking through the bathroom stalls, he goes. So I don't think it's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just weird. No, I just when people talk while doing that, that's weird. Some guy next to you like wants to have a conversation. But that guy was nice. Yeah, he jumped right in. I was going under Stall fours, thought that that's what happened. He jumped in. He jumped in out of nowhere.
Speaker 8: I knocked on Stall four, Installed two to my left, and the one said, hey, I'm install two here.
Speaker 3: Bro wanted to get on. Okay, next one, Stall three?
Speaker 10: What's up? Install four? Okay?
Speaker 8: No, but I really got a question because my wife needed our three kids.
Speaker 7: You know what did that?
Speaker 3: Guys say?
Speaker 7: I said, what's going on? He goes, I don't really know.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to talk.
Speaker 7: No, he was like, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Here? Got it? Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 8: So her, you know, boobies are a little like saggy, and so she wants to get like a lift.
Speaker 10: And I kind of like what she's working with. I kind of like the way they look. I don't know how to get her to keep them like they are. You want me to email your pick so you can like give your opinion. I gotta get you killed. Well, I mean, I know I'm not gonna get killed.
Speaker 8: Like it's just like it's like you're helping a friend.
Speaker 10: Maybe you get your girl's opinion too kill.
Speaker 8: Do you want me to air drop it anyway?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I don't think that's gonna work. Man, all right, we'll mass safe travel.
Speaker 20: Sorry to bother you you know st Jevisi Man, Yeah, everything works out for you.
Speaker 3: I did not want to be a part of it. All right, This one says airport toilet paper review. I can only imagine what this is. All right, go ahead, Stall two?
Speaker 10: What's up? Installed three? Hey, I gotta say this toilet paper is not bad. I was expected to be a lot rougher.
Speaker 8: Usually when you go to the airport, the toilet paper is just like it like rips your butt.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 6: True?
Speaker 10: Man, how would you rate the toilet paper?
Speaker 1: Not bad?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 10: It's not sharman soft, but it's not like you know, gravel. True. Are you are you leaving? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So whenever you tell people say, man, that National airport they got a good toilet.
Speaker 10: Oh good, Yeah, I say, travels man, where are you headed? Uh? Have a good trip?
Speaker 3: Man, I will, He said, enjoy your Yeah. So you were still on the toilet while talking to him. Yeah, And you were trying to make it an ambassador for the city, like when you get out, tell everybody Nashville has good toilet paper.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Because I mean the toilet paper was softer than I expected, and so I I wanted to get his opinion on it.
Speaker 7: He liked the toilet paper.
Speaker 3: Also, I'm thinking if this were to happen to me, I didn't I just wouldn't say anything.
Speaker 1: Right, Like you just stay silent ignore. Yes, what if he's like stall to hello, I do not.
Speaker 3: Go over silent. You can't see AirPods, so maybe things of airport. I'm not talking. I'm not talking during that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can have your music in and they think he's special.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh that's why they are so nice, I think. So I have one more about a drug test? You want to hear that one? Okay?
Speaker 10: Install four? What's up? Install three? How you doing? Man? I'm good.
Speaker 8: I just got a question for you many, like do you know any way to like sheet a drug test?
Speaker 10: Because like I'm supposed to have.
Speaker 20: A job interview this week and got kind of out of control this weekend, you know what I mean? Like like you shot light on to him, like my drink was like spiked or something?
Speaker 10: Sorry? Sorry, what you don't you want to help me out? Are you leaving? Yeah? But you haven't.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you didn't give me a solution to my problem?
Speaker 10: Am I on my own? Stop four?
Speaker 3: Speaking the cracke? What you look like?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I mean that d was running out of there.
Speaker 10: Like he ran.
Speaker 6: This issy thing, that that guy might be in trouble with the law, and that he thinks this is some undercover thing.
Speaker 3: No, your head went there. I don't any guys wants to get I think that everybody's up to something.
Speaker 7: He was so incomfortable.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, thank you, lunchbox.
Speaker 7: They're welcome.
Speaker 3: Nothing like Cringe in the Morning show. That was almost the name of our show, Cringe in the Morning.
Speaker 16: It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan number.
Speaker 17: Two coming in at the number one spot.
Speaker 4: Maddie and Tay stopped by the studio this week and they absolutely crushed it, not only talking about life and shared stories of their career and fun stuff that's happening in their lives, but they played the Boppet challenge.
Speaker 17: That's all I'm going to say. You know, listen. If you want to go watch, you can also go to our YouTube page.
Speaker 4: While you're there, subscribe number one on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 17: Now, Hi, guys, to see you.
Speaker 3: So did you guys drive to the wrong studio?
Speaker 17: Yes, yeah, that's hilarious. We did.
Speaker 13: And then I went to like the wrong parking garage. It was yeah, I was like Oh, this is like kind of like you know.
Speaker 17: A fled.
Speaker 3: Did someone give you the wrong address?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 14: I think what happened.
Speaker 13: Our management put the right address in, but for some reason, like if you put Bobby Bone's studio, like for.
Speaker 3: Some reason, that's what I put in.
Speaker 13: That's what jacked up my phone because I like clicked it, but it was like it didn't do this address.
Speaker 14: It went. It was super stupid.
Speaker 3: I type in Bobby Bone Studio. I hope it doesn't take like that. That's why. Yeah, I.
Speaker 13: Don't.
Speaker 17: No, I'm so sorry you what I've been.
Speaker 21: I've been late everywhere these days though, I know, like having a baby.
Speaker 3: I'm just it does it? Yeah?
Speaker 13: And I have been like really early lately because it was something I was really struggling with last year, like showing up late. And I just don't like it because I just feel like it's disrespectful. But you know, when the map leads you the wrong way, you know, But I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: There was a story the other day about a guy who drove off a bridge because he typed it into his GPS.
Speaker 1: Oh that would be.
Speaker 3: Me, and the bridge wasn't full complete, but they took him all and he drove off. Yeah, and it fell and he didn't die. Oh, but it fell. And we were talking about do you not look ahead of you?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But I think there are two kinds of people.
Speaker 21: I still to feel that way, Like I am writer. I to my GPS like if it tells me.
Speaker 17: You're loyal, I am loyalty.
Speaker 14: I am not today being an example, I'm not.
Speaker 13: I'm like mostly gut and then the GPS is to maybe like kind of help.
Speaker 3: How do you guys well memory wise? Do you remember lyrics to songs pretty well? Or because again, that's it, that's a big I don't go anywhere that I know how to GPS all the way, but I think I wouldn't fall off a bridge. I would look ahead, but I don't know how to get anywhere. I've only gps'd my wife, who hasn't lived here as long as I have, but she's been here long enough now she knows how to get everywhere. I know how to get nowhere because I type it in. I also have trouble remembering scripts or lyrics. I just my memory is not that. What about you, guys?
Speaker 14: I feel like your memory is so much better than mine.
Speaker 21: Yeah, GPS wise, not at all, But I can listen to a song one time, and when you play it again, I pretty much know the whole thing.
Speaker 13: Really wow, when we so we did this show with Breelin a couple of days ago, and I was listening to the song he wanted us to sing on for like a week just because I get really nervous about Like, I don't even remember our own lyrics most of the time.
Speaker 14: So I was like, I really don't want to mess up his lyrics.
Speaker 13: So I give myself at least seven days to digest the content.
Speaker 3: Are there any songs that you guys have recorded that you never once played live?
Speaker 12: Ever?
Speaker 14: So many?
Speaker 13: Like there's a song called These Tears that our fans love on through the madness.
Speaker 14: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 13: I mean, there's a handful like the last two records that like we never got to play that I would love to play, but the crowd would be like, huh what is this because they're super deep.
Speaker 3: Worry about that when you're playing a show.
Speaker 17: Oh yes, unfortunately, Like what do.
Speaker 3: You think when you're putting a set list together? What are you thinking about the play?
Speaker 14: What they want?
Speaker 21: Play the hits? Yeah, keep the crowd engage. You want it to like EBB and Flow. You want it to have like good energy moments, and then you want it to have those like real authentic moments. You kind of have to like tell a story with your set list. Yeah, lots of things to think about.
Speaker 13: But come in real hot off the gate, like I or that's what we do are set like even Like for this Love and Light tour, I go on a treadmill and I sing while I run the first like six songs because it is like it's like cardio freaking like tempo tempo tempo. It is like just like super high energy, and I want to be able to not pass out.
Speaker 3: Have you ever done that? And you can't catch your bread so they're struggling the whole time to catch back up.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, it happened in New York, and I was like, never again. I'm gonna freaking run my little badonkas off and I suck at running, like not gonna run after this tour, just doing it for the time being to get you know what I need?
Speaker 3: Do you do encore? If you guys are headlining a show, hire you do an encore? Will you come back out and do that?
Speaker 17: We do an encore?
Speaker 3: Do you ever not do an encore if the crowd sucked? Yes, we used Yes, that's what I like to hear.
Speaker 14: And you know what, just keeping it real.
Speaker 13: If the crowd sucked, it's like that's an added bonus, you know, like an encore. So if you're energy sucked, yang in it.
Speaker 3: What do you do? And it's very rare that. Yeah, I'm sure. I'm sure most shows they're into it because they came to see you. Yeah. I did see a band once. I saw the Fray once not come out. I saw them debate because I was on the side stage and they were like, yeah, how do we feel about the crowd And they were like they kind of sucked and they were like yeah, no Oncre and they walked back and just went in their dressing room. Thought it was hilarious and.
Speaker 17: We've done that a handful of times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were really evaluating like how much the crowd gave back to them because they felt like they poured it all out for the crowd. Yeah, they were like, I don't think they'll appreciate it and they probably want to go home. So no on Cale.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, there was times when like you know, the whole like half the crowd had already left, and I'm like, okay, well I'm gonna get my Jammi's on, give myself five more minutes to shower and get in bed. But most of the time that doesn't happen these days. And we kind of have a system where like we because encores are so stressful because you're like, cause everyone's gonna leave, like could be super awkward, but we actually like kind of set up a thing where like you can kind of tell something's gonna happen, So we're like kind of training the audience like, hey, stick.
Speaker 21: Around, like you know, when you go to a pampient lighting, you know some like sweat.
Speaker 14: When you go to a movie and they start doing the credits, you can kind of.
Speaker 13: Tell when they're gonna give you a little blip of like the next thing or something.
Speaker 3: So you're a Marvel superhero movie.
Speaker 13: Basically I hate that, but my husband makes me go with him, so well not anymore now that we have a kid. It's a great out to not do Marvel movies.
Speaker 3: So no more Marvel because you have a kid, just because like find out why you had the kid not to go to the movies.
Speaker 13: Actually, yeah, it's just date nights are expensive, like you gotta pay for the sitter.
Speaker 14: You gotta pay, you know.
Speaker 13: And it's like, if we're gonna go on a date night, it better be something awesome, not a Marvel movie. It depends because I do love like a couple of them, but I'm not are you? Are you a Marvel guy?
Speaker 3: I don't like the movie theater, so I'll watch the Marvel movies, but I hate the movie theater. There's people in there with their phones on, they're talking, they're farting. I don't I'm good.
Speaker 17: No, definitely, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: The popcorn.
Speaker 17: The popcorn is the best part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have some, you know, you can go by there.
Speaker 6: My friend and her husband they go to a movie theater, they buy popcorn and they take them home.
Speaker 13: Yeah that's no, because it's the only place you can get a specific buttery good miss.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah that feels weird, right, guys.
Speaker 21: Yeah, just get I'm a popcorn advocate.
Speaker 13: I know T used to do that in the Bellevue theater, but it was good.
Speaker 3: You go get popcorn and leave.
Speaker 17: Yeah yeah, no, no, for sure.
Speaker 21: And then they have those buckets that you can like refill.
Speaker 14: For like two dollars cheaper.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and so I'd have my own bucket so and then I'd till back.
Speaker 14: It's like a weekly thing.
Speaker 3: If you like, I don't sure that you're saving money. It's just weird to go get popcorn at the theater and then go.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not that weird.
Speaker 6: I just told you I know someone that does it, and they do it, and those are too weird people.
Speaker 17: I think I am.
Speaker 13: We need to do like an analysis on like the personality type that goes to get the popcorn, because I would love to eat that popcorn.
Speaker 21: I'm just not going to go drive to it. I am also the kind of person that eats beef jerkey on planes.
Speaker 14: So I'm trying to tell her about this problem. No, I'm talking cry.
Speaker 17: Eating crimes on planes.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's where the unconditional love kicks in, you know, because I'm just like, you're that person.
Speaker 14: You're gonna bring an onion sandwich on the freaking.
Speaker 13: Fly like everybody she does like stinky snacks onion sandwich.
Speaker 3: I had onions.
Speaker 14: I don't know if that's a.
Speaker 13: Thing, but this dude, I'm not kidding, like I swear, he just like had a like sandwich full of freaking onions.
Speaker 14: One time, and I was just like.
Speaker 13: Like, and I was pregnant to you at the time, and I was just like, this is like from hell, Like this is there's a demon energy, like just trying to ruin my day right here.
Speaker 6: I had that a guy on my flight once that was eating something like that and he told the flight attendant smelly, he ate it real fast, and then he goes, it's fine now smelly and.
Speaker 13: My belly, oh my, oh my gosh, that's so sick. So basically like I'm going to be farting well I don't know, but the fendent, yeah, I brought I was so shocked by it.
Speaker 6: I brought it into work right after, like the next day. I was back at work and I was like, you're not gonna below what he said.
Speaker 1: But it did make it. It was it was what's the word endearing?
Speaker 17: Endearing?
Speaker 14: Okay, what about.
Speaker 3: On airplanes with your kids? Have you taking them on airplanes?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do you like pass out? Candy had a time to be like if my kids scream or like no they do they cry?
Speaker 13: No, I'm like, you know what we have been on thousands of flights.
Speaker 14: It's with screaming babies and your.
Speaker 13: Responsibility on a flight is to have headphones noise canceling.
Speaker 14: You got the noise canceling thing.
Speaker 13: You cannot hear anything that works, So maybe I should have like handed out some earplugs or something.
Speaker 21: They really only cry when you're like ascending and descending.
Speaker 13: Yeah, our babies are both like like, well, Chapel hasn't flown yet.
Speaker 14: No, he's never but he's so chill he'll probably be great. But my son, he's a pro.
Speaker 13: And I've like got it down to a science where I like wear him out and then we get on the flight and he's exhausted, so he just sleeps on me the whole time.
Speaker 3: So I wear him out and then we get on it's.
Speaker 14: Snuggle him and then he's.
Speaker 1: Good to go a little movie.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 13: But they are like it's fun because like flying is I feel like to all of us, we're all just like flying, you know, you just do it so much it's not that cool.
Speaker 14: But then when a kit you see like through your kid's eyes.
Speaker 13: And he's just like airplane, airplane and clouds and like he's just like pointing at editing who yeah, same, So yeah, it makes it more magical.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the new album and mostly if you have one of these songs because the album just came out that you're gonna play in your set list, do you like put it in between two songs people know if it's unknown, do you guys do that strategy? Yes, and you talk a lot before it to give a story about it so people will stay, like, I don't know, keep their attention on the song. I know if it's a song, I don't know. I'm most like I'm gonna go go to pee or something.
Speaker 13: Yeah, dang, I've never gone to pee during someone's show, have you. I don't think I will hold it because I'm just like, I don't want to miss anything. Now if the show kind of sucks, I'm just like, and that's not gonna be the case with this. I promise that show is great. But I've never gone to like just go like, I'm gonna skip this song.
Speaker 17: I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: Think you never had a band that you love playing new music and you're like, Okay, this is the time when I can take a break.
Speaker 13: No, But I'm kind of a Foamo gal so I think it's just my personality. But for us, like we for the Ryman, we played a song called Somebody Will and the title track, Love and Light, which no one had heard yet, but the album came out at midnight, so we were like, it's gonna be so magical for everyone at the rhyman to hear those two songs before they even come out.
Speaker 17: But everything else everybody will know.
Speaker 13: We try, like, I don't know, I love watching an artist play songs that you know, you know.
Speaker 14: It feels more like Kumba y'a in fun.
Speaker 3: So I love Kumbaya.
Speaker 17: You know we're gonna cover that next and.
Speaker 14: We'll bring you out.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna do play a little bit of Love and Light Raymundo, it's number sixteen. They have an album called Love and Light, which is the title track here that came out on Friday. So hit that ray upbeat.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 17: It's actually it's a sneaky little dis track.
Speaker 13: It's literally a dis track, but it turned into this like really positive, uplifting song.
Speaker 3: So that's funny how that works, because there are other dis tracks that people don't know where distracks. For example, Uh, you look wonderful tonight, that's a it's a distrack. Yeah, because he's like his wife won't get ready. It's late in the evening, no time, like, hurry up, don't worry about it, wonderful tonight.
Speaker 13: Oh my gosh, that's such a fun fact. I knew that I'm going to spread.
Speaker 5: That in his wife.
Speaker 3: He's like, hurry up. Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think it's like this perfect.
Speaker 3: And not even a distrack. But a song that's actually sad that people think is a love song is Neon Moon because when the sun goes down, he's sitting in a bar by himself.
Speaker 14: That's right, if you lose your one and only if.
Speaker 3: You lose your one.
Speaker 13: And it sounds like a love song, dang, because everyone's all like hugging and.
Speaker 3: Smoothing the slow dancing. Yeah, but it's not a love song at all. It's actually the opposite.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's like.
Speaker 13: There's a song called only Jesus on this record that's also kind of a burn.
Speaker 3: Explain it before I play it then.
Speaker 13: So well, basically, there was people in my life I had to set boundaries with and I was just feeling so defeated, like I like, I want to love this person so well and fully, but they just like let me down every single time. And me and my husband were talking and he's like, honey, only Jesus is gonna love them like that, And I was like.
Speaker 14: I'm writing that tomorrow.
Speaker 13: So we went into a writing session and it was like really healing because I was like really heartbroken over this whole situation. And then it kind of just gave me the opportunity to like release it and like make something positive out of pain.
Speaker 14: I love a positive pivot. Both of us are all about that.
Speaker 3: Another one that's a little deceiving is Sarah burrellis I'm not gonna write you I love song.
Speaker 17: She wrote that about her label.
Speaker 3: Her record label say you need to write like a slow love song artists ever, Yeah, and she's like, not gonna write you and then smash. I know it's so bluse traveler hook, the hook We'll bring you. That's all about Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, I write a song. Show you how easy to stop telling me what to write? So I'm gonna write a song on that.
Speaker 21: Before it wasn't a very good song. But when we were like sixteen or we were told to write a song about nothing, and so we wrote a song called song about Nothing and it was not it really really batchy, but like yeah, we.
Speaker 13: Were just like we can't like we basically to be like, we're never going to write a song about nothing, so that's what you want, then you need to have somebody else because it ain't gonna happen for us.
Speaker 3: I said him, a blank truck. Here you go, there you go. Hey, Taylor Tay whatever your name is, Taylor Ta Taylor Ta Te the Love and Light Song and others. Your husband's one of the writers as well. How does that? What's that dynamic?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 21: It has been amazing working with him. I think it just definitely took like the right project for us to for our worlds to collide in this. It's funny because when he and I actually first started dating, Maddie and I had toyed with the idea of him actually producing that record, and so I was like at this crossroads of do I want him to be my boyfriend or do I want him to be my producer? And then I chose boyfriend because I fell madly in love with him.
Speaker 3: So that was really it, Like he didn't produce because he was your boyfriend?
Speaker 21: Yeah, I mean yeah, I didn't want I didn't want the worlds to collide.
Speaker 14: I didn't want that, and it.
Speaker 13: Was her, like I was so open to it, but I think and I totally understand. Sometimes you just want to make sure like exactly you know what's Yeah, He's like, you don't want a separation of church length where you eat, you know what I'm.
Speaker 21: Saying that, Yeah, And then I felt like, you know, we had made babies together, so maybe it's time we make a record together. And I was like, come on, yeah, And it was like magical, truly, like the most enjoyable record making process. And I'm just so like, I feel so proud that we get to celebrate this together.
Speaker 3: You know, I do want to play Kissing Cowboys and another song that you guys wrote everything right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the only one is Heart they Didn't Break, which three of our best.
Speaker 17: Friends, my favorite favorite.
Speaker 13: That's fine, Yeah, just kidding, I'm just kidding, Ray.
Speaker 3: You know, we'll play the full song. I set me up for Kissing Cowboys. I don't give me a story about when you wrote it or why you wrote it. Like you're in concert right now and I'm like, oh, they're gonna play a new song. I gotta go pee, but keep me, keep here, keep me.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well, first off, I feel like I saw this video on TikTok. I don't know if it was like old from the show that we did together where you were like jamming to kissing Cowboys. I was like, dang, Bobby's got way more swag than I think people give you credit for.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's a compliment and an insult at the same time. If you guys thought that, I was both lifted up and knocked down, Thank you, Mattie.
Speaker 14: I didn't know you got it.
Speaker 3: I was just like, oh wow, like, well, the song's awesome and it's it's like it's slamming right.
Speaker 13: It was fun to play together, but it was your title for a while a year to write.
Speaker 21: Actually, that's the fun fact about the song is we started it and we just had the verses and for some reason we couldn't quite figure out what we wanted that chorus to be, and we just knew that the verses were so fun. And it took a year between I think, like Luke Dick's got was crazy and Lauri feltz her schedule is crazy. So then we got back together a year later and finished it and like, I don't even think this was on our radar.
Speaker 14: We didn't even know. We were like, I think this is a fun song.
Speaker 13: But yeah, I don't know with record making, like we'd like to write what like what our lives are looking like, just to like let our fans kind of go on the journey with us. But also it's like we have so many fans that are single. In this I feel like is an anthem I wish we would have had when we were single, like just not putting so much pressure on finding the one, like the right like right away. That's kind of what it says, like there might be a John Wayne hiding in the here and now boys just keep on kissing cowboys till you fine.
Speaker 14: You know the John Wayne.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know the song. I get it.
Speaker 1: I know you did.
Speaker 3: But I had a lot of swag. But everyone was like, we didn't think he had swag. We've known him forever.
Speaker 5: Gave you credit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were like.
Speaker 14: I was like, y'all.
Speaker 13: Didn't even know Bobby could get down like that. I don't know if that side. I don't know if you show that, like I.
Speaker 3: Didn't win a dance competition on television once you did. I want to dance on the stars.
Speaker 5: Guys, guys, you need that.
Speaker 17: I live under a rock.
Speaker 13: You know that. No, I know I'm not mad.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 17: I remember you did want the shtars.
Speaker 13: I just don't take it personal because I'm a loser and I don't keep up with like pop culture or what my friends are doing, which is messed up. It's like I, I, you know, literally going to get better dissing herself now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, okay, thank you. Yeah, I won a dance show. You had no idea. Actually it's just beginning now.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: He has a mirror ball tattoo.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, all the way down my back. Really, it's very tiny on the back of my arm because I said if we won, we would get one.
Speaker 13: But that's oh my gosh. I know I want to get some tats. It's time for me to get some tats.
Speaker 3: If you call him tats, you shouldn't get one.
Speaker 17: I already have some.
Speaker 3: If you call him tatsy, you think you're done. You your tap down, you're tapped out a.
Speaker 14: Tat tat out on tats by tot.
Speaker 3: Who's going to play bop it me?
Speaker 14: Because let me tell you, I think I'm gonna crush and who's.
Speaker 3: Who's gonna We're gonna put it up on the leader behind you?
Speaker 17: Okay?
Speaker 3: Oh they already have it down. Yeah, yeah, bring bop it in here. We'll put up the leader board.
Speaker 13: We're team, but I think it should be extra points to do it, like in Rhythm Poppet. Well you have to that helps, like if you start doing it.
Speaker 3: But don't don't start to We get the leader board up behind you. Okay.
Speaker 14: I'm a little missed. Am I supposed to be able to see this? Okay? I just work well under pressure.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you can look now. The leaderboard in fifth places kept More with nine, and fourth is Matt Carney with sixteen, Derks Bentley with eighteen, John Party with twenty five, and number one Bailey Zimmerman with sixty one.
Speaker 17: Oh Bailey, maybe you go win to Okay, so.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hold her mic Okay, okay, hold and Maddie is going to remember guys when she's done. Don't yell because we have to hear the thing.
Speaker 10: Go.
Speaker 3: What the number is?
Speaker 1: I know I need to remind myself good, don't know?
Speaker 3: All right, everybody, here we go. It is now time for Maddie from Maddie and Tay, which, by the way, new album's out Love and Light under Band thing as you are you ready? Okay, she's nervous. Here we go, There we go.
Speaker 12: Boppy twist it, Pully, bopp it, pull it, Boppy twist it, Bobby, Bobby Pully, Bobby Pully twist it, twist it, Pully, Boppy, Pully twist it, Bobby, Bobby twist it. Pully twist it. Pully Boppy Pully twist it, Twist it, Pully twist it. Pully bop it, twist it, pull it, Bobby twist it, pull it, Pully twist it, Twist it. Pully, Bobby Pully, Pully, Bobby Pully twist it, Bobby twist it. Bobby twist it. Bobby twist it, Bobby twist it, pull it, twist it, pull it, twist it, pull it, Twist it, twist it, Bobby, Bobby Pully bopp.
Speaker 22: It twist it, Twist it, twist it, Boppy twist it, Pully, Bobby Pully, Pully twisted Bobby, Bobby, Bobby Pully twisted, twisted, Pully twisted, Pully Bobby twisted, Bobby Pully twisted. Pully twisted Pully. Pully Bobby twisted, Pully Bobby twisted Pully.
Speaker 16: Wow you beat Boppy Hi score?
Speaker 17: Oh whoa.
Speaker 3: Who said you bet whow No one's ever beat boppet.
Speaker 1: I mean it didn't even want to let her keep going.
Speaker 17: Because I was so on fire.
Speaker 3: Wow. Unbelievable.
Speaker 17: Dude.
Speaker 13: You know what the trick is following direction and staying calm. I think those are the two ways that you win. But because I started.
Speaker 14: Getting really, really really really like Bailey's.
Speaker 17: And woman cannot beat me up.
Speaker 3: You crushed. You beat him by thirty nine. Dude, that's amazing. Congratulations.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean, thank you.
Speaker 3: There's nothing, there's no way to go from here.
Speaker 5: No, it's that's the top.
Speaker 3: That's it. Wow. Okay everyone, for no other reason, you need to go check out Love and Light because that's one of the greatest boppet performances I've ever seen.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 14: That is I feel so honored.
Speaker 13: So thank you for this opportunity to showcase my skills.
Speaker 3: When I think back, there's like Queen it farmaide, I'm thinking of the greatest performances ever Maddie doing bop it on the Bobby. Yeah, oh my goodness. That.
Speaker 13: I mean, my heart is still like I was like feeling the pressure. I was like, well, stay calm, because we gotta win.
Speaker 14: We gotta win.
Speaker 3: Okay, the album is out, Love and Light.
Speaker 13: There's a bopp It sample in the album there should be now and you.
Speaker 14: Gotta find it.
Speaker 13: Yes, deluxe version will sneak in the Bofit.
Speaker 3: Track follow at Maddie and Tay. Great to see you, guys, and now I am even just more obsessed at how how great of competitors and artists you are. That was. That was amazing that I that changed. I wasn't even a fan until now.
Speaker 16: But now I'm a massive I'm glad.
Speaker 3: Yes, there they are, Maddie and.
Speaker 16: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 4: That is all for me this weekend. Friends, Thanks for being here hanging out and listening to the best bits. Make sure you check out Part one, Part three this weekend with Raymundo. Part one we caught up on live talked about a lot of random subjects. In Part three we answered listener questions and also if you need other things to listen to, go check out my podcast Take this Personally. We just did a little mini trauma series in this upcoming week and the few following episodes will be about disabilities.
Speaker 17: So really fun stuff over there.
Speaker 4: As far as connecting with you, and helping people feel less alone through some of their hardest struggle.
Speaker 17: Now I'm getting out of here. I love you guys. Bye.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 16: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 3: Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 22: Show and follow at webgirl Morgan to
Speaker 2: Submit her listener questions for next week's episode.