Speaker 1: You charge some donkey to day is just so themself.
Speaker 2: Charlotte man was ready for.
Speaker 1: I never heard them donkey other day? What is it again, Charlam?
Speaker 3: Yes you are about everything.
Speaker 1: Charlotte Lane's true.
Speaker 3: Donkey of Today for Thursday March seventh, Today the seventh right, Yeah, Thursday March seventh goes to Saint Louis news station k m.
Speaker 1: OB and one of their anchors, Corey Stark.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm gonna give this man donkey of the day for what he did, Okay, because to be making this mistake in twenty twenty four is insanity. But we're gonna have to have a family discussion too, because I'm sick of you hypocritical, contradicting ass colored folks not being consistent. All Right, we have to be the change we want to see in the world, and I'm gonna get to that in one second.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: K m o V has been forced to issue an apology. Cory Stark has been forced to issue after issue an apology after he said this.
Speaker 2: American Dream of tonight, Color homeowners are sounding the alarm when it comes to undervalued to home appraisals. Play it one with time, right, American dream, but tonight colored homeowners are sounding the alarm when it comes to undervalued to home appraisals.
Speaker 3: Okay, Corey said, tonight colored homeowners are sounding the alarm when it comes to undervalued home appraisals, and the colors lost their minds about it. Now, First of all, the fact that the word colored is distracting from the actual point of the story Corey was trying to tell.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious to me, okay.
Speaker 3: And the story he was trying to tell is that black people were sounding the alarm on undervalued home appraisals.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The impact of racial bias on home appraisals is something that needs to be discussed and amplified, but folks aren't talking about that right now because they're too busy being upset over the use of the word colored. This is us distracting us.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: We complain about our issues not being spoken about in the media, but when they are, we have found a way to deflect to something else.
Speaker 1: Now, like I said, Kmov.
Speaker 3: And Corey Stock are getting the biggest he haf because this is just a stupid mistake to make in twenty twenty four, all right, we have seen enough examples of white people using the word colored to know this wasn't going in Well, whoever put that and the prompter is an idiot, Corey Stark repeating it is an idiot, all right.
Speaker 1: Corey said the words.
Speaker 3: Should have never come out of his mouth, and he blamed it on a change to the teleprompter. He said the phrase initially was home owners of color, but it was later changed. Now the National Association of Black Journalists said they were appalled and disappointed by its use. They released the statement where they said colored is an offensive term due to its ushage during segregation in the US and the Jim Crow era. It has fallen out of use due to its negative connotation.
Speaker 1: Remember that line.
Speaker 3: Okay, the term colored has fallen out of use due to its negative connotation. The NABJ continued by saying, it is upsetting that such a slur would make it to the air. The term is outdated, offensive, in racist. I need us to remember all of this language, all of this rhetorical.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Thenjab said, Kmov are oh yeahab said they're concern that Kmov that nobody in the newsroom caught this era and they question their editorial process when it comes to cultural awareness. Yes, because Saint Louis is forty threer percent black and the city is no stranger to racial strife, we would hope KMOV would be more sensitive to how it covers the black community.
Speaker 1: I agree with all of that. Okay.
Speaker 3: Other communities don't let play, don't let people play with them when it comes to racial slurs, and we shouldn't let people play with us either.
Speaker 1: Now, Corey Stark did issue an apology.
Speaker 3: He said, KMOV is meeting with community members is we describe to do better every day. The words should have never come out of my mouth and it does not reflect who I am or what first alert for represents. End quote. Now this is where it gets a little confusing for me. You know, I'm not the highest grade weed in the dispensary, nor am I as strong as Avenger.
Speaker 1: So bear with me.
Speaker 3: I'm always open to learning, So school me if I'm wrong here. But John Bowman, who is the Saint Louis County president for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Colored People, says he contacted KMOV right after broadcast because the word colored is triggering for the black community. The president for the nubacp of Saint Louis, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People says the word colored is triggering for the black community. Nobody gonna say nothing with me, strange. I've said this before. Okay, I've said this before. But if the National Association of Black Journalists says colored is an offensive term due to its usage during segregation in the US and the Jim Crow era, and they said it's falling out of use due to its negative connotation, and they said it's outdated, offensive and racist. With all that said, don't you think it's time for the N double ACP to make a name change?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Imagine the president of the N DOUBLEACP in Saint Louis making a call to KMOV saying, hello, this is John Bowman from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, and I think the word colored is triggering for the black community.
Speaker 1: That sounds stupid.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes these crackers just want to be like nigga please all right. I agree with everything that NABJ said about the word color. I agree with what John Bowman said about the word color, but I also think we look like double damn fool saying we are offended by this word when the N.
Speaker 1: Double ACP is right there using the word.
Speaker 3: So, how was Corey Stark or any other other supposed to say the full name of the N DOUBLEACP the National Association for the Advancement of See Word.
Speaker 1: People, Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Okay, black people? Shouldn't we practice what we preach? I'm one of those people who believe whatever I demand from you, I much first demand to myself. So I'm gonna need you colors to figure this out. Okay, at least before the next Black History Month, all right, because when you don't practice what you preach, all I can hear is hypocrisy. Please let Chelsea Handle give kmov and Corey Stark the biggest he hall.
Speaker 1: Hee haw hee haw. That is way too much.
Speaker 3: Dan Maynes right now, want you color be on social media arguing with me?
Speaker 1: Y'all talk amongst yourselves and figure that out.
Speaker 5: That is crazy. How you gonna stenbody don you to day or coloring it up? And then you call him colors.
Speaker 3: Because I have donated to the National Association for the Advancement of Color People And.
Speaker 5: That's crazy because I feel like trash because I was nominated for the SEE.
Speaker 1: People, two of them. That's good for for the BM film, right, ain't going to be changing the changing I'm not colored.
Speaker 3: But it does make it does they should change it. You're very very confused that guy calls me. Yeah, you calling me like color people. I'm offended by the word color, but you're calling from the National National Association for the Advancement of Color People. Come on, y'all, come on, let's use some common sense here, guys, come on now and just.
Speaker 1: How people feel about the N word to though you know that ain't no organizations with the N word and the.
Speaker 3: Okay, well yeah, ain't you know how you know, how can people be upset with no humanizations and playing it's all all slang and slurts.
Speaker 1: And I'm not I'm not saying they're wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm just staying that there between slang and slurs and having an organization called the National Association for the Advancement of Color People. I agree with everything that they said about the word, you know, being offensive due to its usage during segregation in the US and the Jim Crow era and the NABJ said it's falling out of use due to its negative connotation. They said it's outdated, offensive and racist. If the president of the NAACPN, Saint Louis, says the word is triggering and offensive and somebody needs to change the name of the n double.
Speaker 5: ACP, and I do feel like, okay, so I get what you saying, envy, but I don't think that that's a good metaphor, I mean a good you know what you mean? Yeah, exactly, but we'll say what I mean, thank you A good example. I think like the football team, like the Washington Redskins. Okay, they had to change that. They are now the Washington Commanders, Right. I think that's kind of like what that is. And I do agree they had to change that.
Speaker 3: But there's no other group of people that use a slur as a term of endearment. Though you never see a bunch of white people like what's like you don't see that, do you? Times? Sometimes they be doing that's slaying in slurs, real organization that has existed for years.
Speaker 5: Now with us a hard e all, no herd, no, no, my god?
Speaker 4: Color oh like trigger but yeah, yeah, you know what, when we come back down now Rowlands to be joinings, thank for that, donkey day, sir, Just like a colored it's just Colorin't nobody saying color what?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, don rawlins comedian when we come back, so don't move.
Speaker 1: Its to Breakfast Club Boarding. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull Lamb is soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael to bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the haunts.