Speaker 1: Team USA has increased its overall medal lead as we begin this Wednesday, July thirty. First, Americans have now won twenty six Olympic medals overall.
Speaker 2: And France's next with eighteen medals, followed by China with fourteen. Welcome to this edition of the Tea from Perry. It's a special edition of Amy and TJ. And in this episode you can call them the Golden Girls. The women of USA Gymnastics adopt a fitting new team name, but not just because of the medals around their next this morning.
Speaker 1: Plus, in this episode, the US men's soccer team handles its business. Why Coco Goff was in tears during her Olympic match, And we bet you will be cheering for the US men's basketball team's opponent today just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Also, US women do something that the US has never done in the Olympics before. And first it was rain. Now a heat wave could cause problems in Paris. A swimmer has been kicked out of the Olympics for love or something. A British rugby player has left the Olympics after allegations of racism. A Muslim athlete is accused of deliberately avoiding competition against an Israeli athlete.
Speaker 1: Plus the River Senn is open for triathlon swimming. Also, an opening ceremony performer is taking legal action because of threats and a movie we appreciate that we watched before the triathlon started. That's gonna be our movie recommendation for everybody today and you do need to watch it. So welcome everybody to this episode Ropes. So we've been doing this every morning, getting what time to the alarm clock goal of this morning.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you woke up before I think in the four o'clock range, flock, and we went to bed around two am. I'm just letting you everyone know we are doing this on about two hours of sleep.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're already setting up an excuse to why this is gonna suck.
Speaker 3: No, just excuse why. It might be extra funny maybe or silly or I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hey, but you missed this morning. Every morning you when you do get up, I'm in here watching something and I said, oh my god, let me tell you what you missed. What you missed this morning was table tennis and badminton. Now women's badminton is just a last watch. But I discovered that my favorite US uniforms might be the ones that the US women badminton players, where it's a.
Speaker 3: Cool yet all right, I have no idea what it looks like.
Speaker 1: It's a red, white and blue count of a sport dressed thing. It looks simple and cool. You know, we've been talking about the uniforms. This is one. You're like, I'll get you a picture. But that was my morning.
Speaker 2: I will check that out, and I will say when I did come out, your eyes were closed. I think you had dozed off a little bit in the middle of the matches, just saying.
Speaker 1: It was dark in here. I saw everything this morning. But yes, with all that going on, the fun we've been having for the pastoral days, know you've been having a good time watching. We didn't have any more fun than we had yesterday, all of us. As we begin now with the Golden.
Speaker 3: Ger that's right it.
Speaker 2: You know, it felt like more of a coron nation than a competition. The US women's gymnastics team reclaiming their gold medal that they left behind at the twenty twenty Tokyo Games.
Speaker 3: They got silver.
Speaker 2: If you remember, from the very beginning, it just wasn't in doubt, and eventually they won by a nearly six point margin.
Speaker 3: That is significant.
Speaker 1: That's a huge blowout.
Speaker 3: In huge blowout.
Speaker 2: Italy ended up winning the silver medal, which was so fun to watch their enthusiasm, and then Brazil got the bronze, and watching both of those two teams was almost just as exciting as seeing the women's USA team.
Speaker 1: Well what the you know what you said Italy and Brazil, what the hell happened to China? They and win?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they both had just just mistakes that they don't usually make that they made at the worst possible time. And so yeah, both of the men's and the women's teams were expected to meddle for sure, and the Chinese men's team did.
Speaker 3: They got the silver. They thought they were going to get.
Speaker 1: The gold, but they had a collapse.
Speaker 3: They had a collapse, and the women had the same problem.
Speaker 2: We just kept watching them fall and wobble and it was just it was you just could see the disappointment.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, even if China had been great and hadn't had the falls, they still weren't going to beat the US. We watched it. It was not a competition, so it was it was almost a showcase for US gymnastics to just enjoy them because the result was never really endoubted and they.
Speaker 3: Look like they were enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Also, of no, we should point out that Russia is not competing in this Olympics, and they had been powerhouses. They won the gold last year, I mean last Olympics in Tokyo, but they have traditionally historically been powerhouses in both the men's and women's gymnastics field. So their absence certainly left an open space for there to be well for the US to have the glory that it did.
Speaker 3: Not that they couldn't have beaten them.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that isn't possible, but it would have been stiffer competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the women now that talk about dominance and consistency, and you mentioned the Soviet Union. So the women in the Olympics. Now it's twenty twenty four, so gold this year, So let's go back for the last to ninety two. So this year gold, last, silver, gold, gold, silver, silver, bronze, gold, bronze. That's back in Barcelona. They get a medal in every Olympics in some way before this list I just put together. Now that was ninety two bronze Barcelona, before that, you look at the list, it's all Soviet Union, yep, Romania, one.
Speaker 3: In two in all the Nadiya Komani starting it off.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean that there are the famous famous Olympians that really started I think the fanfare around gymnastics.
Speaker 3: So anyway, it.
Speaker 2: Was a pleasure to watch, and you know what, watching some on biles it is remarkable. And she was the only US gymnast to compete on every discipline and she closed out the meat on her best. Perhaps the floor exercise vault could also be considered her best, but Flora is right up there. Her tumbling passes are unparalleled, like no one can do what she does. But yes, we all already knew that it was in the back. So when she took onto the floor for that final final event, it was just a yeah, it was a party. She was smiling old time, she was having a blast. And so then after they won their gold medals, they were asked about their new team nickname.
Speaker 3: Before they had said that it was going to be the FO five.
Speaker 2: It's basically f around and find out kind of like watch us do our thing. Yes, but they decided to change it to the Golden Girls, and it's so fitting because it's not just that they have gold hardware around their necks. Because Biles is twenty seven, Jade Carrey is twenty four, and Jordan Giles is twenty three. They are the three oldest US female gymnasts to win gold medals. How perfect to be called the Golden Girls.
Speaker 1: But I didn't realize that. I mean, you look at it twenty seven, twenty four, three, twenty one sixty like I would. I would love to have any of those ages, yea. And they're the old ladies there. That's actually the oldest team, oldest gymnastics team competing at the Paris Olympics. But the oldest teams is nineteen fifty two. I love that compeat and at Olympics, and that is I mean, it's remarkable.
Speaker 3: It is because what gymnasts do to their bodies.
Speaker 2: If it's just you're in the gym, and I know all athletes at this level, you know, do incredible things and have very very difficult workouts. Put gymnasts, especially that pounding with what you do on the floor and the bars that you take a beating, and so for her to be doing it, for them, all three of them to be doing it at their ages, at the level they're doing, it is remarkable.
Speaker 1: That's sweet.
Speaker 2: Lo.
Speaker 1: We kept saying, I'm not sure what her specialty is, but the sixteen year old, the young.
Speaker 3: And Hesley, Yes, Heslee rivera right.
Speaker 1: She did not compete, right, Oh, she didn't get to. So she watched her team get the glory. She's a part of the team. But for a little piece of me, like, oh for a little thing, I wish she could have gotten in there and contributed in some way. She did contribute, obviously to.
Speaker 3: This team to get them where they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but only three get to compete on each apparatus or each discipline, and she wasn't one picked. But she sat there and she smiled and she supported and she was great throughout as well. But we're going to be seeing her plenty in the future.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping, yes, in LA twenty twenty eight, we will see her do her thing.
Speaker 3: I am very sure of it.
Speaker 1: So we want to say also, after a really rocky start, the US men's soccer team got it together. Congrats to them. They lost, as you know, their initial Olympic match against France that was three nail. Didn't look good. But they beginning yesterday puts them in the quarterfinals. They're now in the knockout round and ropes. It's crazy. They have not been this far in the Olympics since two thousand I believe.
Speaker 2: The Sydney Olympics that was the last time they got to the knockout stage.
Speaker 3: So this is remarkable.
Speaker 2: And by the way, it is just the second time the US Olympic men's soccer team has made it out of that group since the current tournament format was introduced at Rome in nineteen sixty. So this is a historic, historic thing that these men have been able to pull off.
Speaker 3: And we're so excited to cheer them on and it's.
Speaker 1: So cool that we I say cool, But for the women it's like well duh, of course in the knockout stage. And for the guys like quit Ago fellas, but no, they have a little ground to make up, certainly when it comes to in comparison to the US women who have who have been so dominant for so long. But it's good to see them at least getting this far after that disappointment in the Copah didn't make it to the it.
Speaker 2: Was it was it was hard to watch, so this makes it extra sweet and we know what we're doing on Friday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what's up? I think it's not a little right. I think it's nine in the morning, nine am whatever.
Speaker 3: That's when the party starts.
Speaker 2: They're playing Morocco and as we mentioned, knockout stage, so they win or they go home.
Speaker 3: So everything is on the line because.
Speaker 1: We should say win or come home. The US men's basketball team, you're not really worried about them. They're gonna be playing their second game of the Paris olymp now. They blew out Serbia in the opening game. They're appointed this time as a team, however, that they barely beat just a few weeks ago South Sudan. Huh. Yes. South Sudan was up by as much as sixteen points against this very US team in an exhibition game in London last month. It took Lebron James heroics to pull that one out. They beat South Sudan at the time one o one to one hundred. This little squad had a last second shot that went out, so they could have beat the US. But they're about to play them again today.
Speaker 2: Dang.
Speaker 3: And we heard from the coach that Jason Tatum.
Speaker 2: Is expected to play this time around, so he will be off the bench and that'll be something to watch for sure, So we're excited about that as well.
Speaker 3: And this isn't do or die for them, uh no.
Speaker 1: This is still group stage and they're gonna we all know they're gonna be fine. But it's cool. South Sudan is a country that has only been a country for about thirteen years. We know Sudan was involved for I guess generations. It feels in internal conflicts, civil war and even some of these players on this team have actually had family members even though a dad or one of the players died and some of the violence there.
Speaker 2: So they're just you'll be rooting for them, but not that much. Just a little bit, yeah, you just a little bit.
Speaker 1: You want to see them do well. They their first victory ever in the Olympics was this week when they played and now they get to play these guys. I hope they have a good showing. Obviously we know who we're rooting for, but it's just it's just one of those cool stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait to watch. It was hard to watch though. Cocoa golf, she lost her singles match. She still has more competitions ahead, but of course that was the one. I'm sure she was holding on to very sweetly, but she was in tears even before the match was over. It involved a referee or an umpire.
Speaker 3: What do they call them? The chair, the chair? Okay, I got none of them.
Speaker 1: Right, but no, no, it's yeah. She's the number two player in the world. She was ranked the two seed at this actual tournament because she had real designs on a gold medal. He's in this match. She loses the first set, fine, and then she starts kind of unraveling a little bit. She's not playing as well, but there was a call that she then argued with the chair umpire about. This went on for five plus minutes. It was a heated exchange, clearly, and she had tears rolling down her flate to her face. Now what happened. There's it's a rule. The ball is coming towards her. They call it out before she hits the ball. The ball on review was actually in So the chair umpire says, you lose the point, Coco. Anyway, she says, well, wait a minute, you called out. You called out before I swung. Let's just replay the point. It was a critical point. That is what happened. She ends up losing. She said herself, I'm not blaming my loss on this one call, but she was very frustrated about what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when she started playing again, I will when she came back out, because it was a several minute heated exchange, the crowd actually booed the umpire, so they were on Cocoa gov side for sure. But yes, I do appreciate the fact that she made it very clear that she wasn't blaming that call for her loss.
Speaker 1: That's uh, you know what that's being I guess that's sportsmanship to a certain degree as well. This is cool about the US women the rugby team that just talking about yesterday. Alana Mar who was the star of that team, who has been very active on social media, very popular athlete. She's fun. If you don't know her, Alana Mar, you need to look her up. She's just a blast. But they the women's rugby team pulled something off that men or women from the US have never done in the Olymics.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: They claimed a bronze medal. They upset Australia, which is a powerhouse in women's rugby, so it was a big win, a big coup for the US women's rugby team, and certainly, you know they want to shine a spotlight on a sport that isn't that well known in this country, and they do it well. But we're gonna stay on the rugby side of things because there is is a story out there that wow it. You'll have to read it to believe it, or to hear it from us to believe it.
Speaker 3: A key player on.
Speaker 2: Britain's rugby team actually withdrew from competition Tuesday yesterday after she reportedly sent out an image of herself with a blacked out face with her tongue sticking out. The message she had underneath her picture read thought I'd have a better chance with the Blacks, she says. The blacks. That is what the New Zealand team. That is their nickname, All Blacks rugby team. They got their nickname not because of their skin color, but because they wear black shirts, black shorts and black socks. But certainly this was incredibly offensive. That picture and her caption made the rounds on social media, and so she withdrew, and the British Olympic Association says it's now launched an investigation after that picture came to light on social media. We haven't heard much from the British rugby team. They say they actually said she had been withdrawn on meta when she wasn't playing, and the team captain said they were This is a strange way to put it. Quote unquote broadly unaware about the allegation, but just feel like we should mention here that the New Zealand all blacks, they went on to defend their gold medal and got another one.
Speaker 1: What does broadly unaware?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a very strange choice of words, but that is directly from the team captain.
Speaker 3: I am only repeating what.
Speaker 1: She said all of these It's always amazing. We almost have too much news to put into this episode because it's never fails us, right, I mean stuff and people winning medals and the competition, but there's so much that happens with these athletes outside of the competition, and oftentimes it is controversy.
Speaker 2: How do people not know not to paint their face black at this point in twenty twenty four, How is that possible?
Speaker 1: I'll take a step further. Do you know, how do you not know do not paint your face and post it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly, let's take it a step further and all see on WhatsApp?
Speaker 3: How is that not? Like I just that blows my mind?
Speaker 1: You want to take it further? How do you pay two pays and post it when you're a high profile Olympian.
Speaker 2: These are all questions that I would like to and we have not heard from her. This is she's thirty two years old. So she's also thirty two years old. Her name's Amy Wilson Hardy. And we'll wait to see if we hear from her ever.
Speaker 3: Again, why you.
Speaker 1: Give the age because she should know better?
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean everyone should know better at this point, but especially if you're a grown ass woman.
Speaker 1: Come on, and what do I always say on these things? I will wait to hear from her. Yeah, I would like to hear her side before I jump to the obvious conclusion. So we shall wait, all right. The weather has been talked about quite a bit from the very beginning, because we all saw that opening ceremony. They were just all drenched. But we got another weather situation with the Olympias that could cause the problem with the athletes, but robes. This time, it's going to be the heat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking.
Speaker 2: It was I believe they said, ninety eight degrees in Paris yesterday, one hundred and five in Marseille and Nice where they have some of the soccer competitions. So you know, that is grueling, and I believe it's supposed to be ninety five degrees plus today as well.
Speaker 3: Then you've got the humidity.
Speaker 2: This is not at all something that athletes who are doing things at the highest level, you know, want to contend with.
Speaker 3: It happened in Tokyo too, though.
Speaker 2: This is tough and this is tough heat, and this isn't very typical for Paris. I looked, I think there are twenty degrees above average today. It is going to get better in the next couple of days. That's the good news. But they still have to suffer through another incredibly yes, exactly dangerous heat levels today.
Speaker 1: So that was the issue where that is the issue now is going to be the heat. We were talking about that rain. It caused issues, they say, I mean the river send is known as being nasty. You're not allowed you, it's your band from swimming in it. At least folks around France and they done this. You can't swim in the sand because it's nasty. Well, the water quality of the river where the swimming portion of the triathlon was scheduled to take place. The water quality was so low that they had to delay the start of the triathlon. They had to actually cancel some practices that were supposed to take place. However, the triathlons went off this morning. We're not gonna give you any results, but we can tell you that in fact, they say the levels are now safe. You believe that they're now safe. And we saw those athletes jumping.
Speaker 2: In that when I when I came into the living room this morning, I that's what I walked into. Badminton was over, table tennis was over, but the triathlon was on.
Speaker 3: The swimming portion was at the very least.
Speaker 2: And you know Paris officials, they spent one point five billion dollar to try and clean the send. They actually hope by twenty twenty five that people can just they're gonna have swimming pools in the Sin. This is their ambitious plan to bring the Send back into daily life in Paris. And so this was kind of the big kick start where they could say, hey, look we had Olympic swimming trials here in the Sin and it went off without hitch. I will say it was beautiful to watch to see them in the sind well, I wasn't looking directly in the water or at the water quality, but just to be swimming the sind to see all of the sites of Paris, it was. I thought it was beautiful. But I will say it was also a little eerie because of the movie we watched last night. It almost looked like life imitating art.
Speaker 1: The movie had very crystal clear water. Could see everything this stuff today. After all we've been talking about with this water. To see them jumping in it today, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, you said, ew, Chis, But you know what, the movie with the clear water had sharks in it. So yeah, we watched Really there's under Paris. I don't know if y'all have seen it Netflix. It was promoted heavily in the several weeks ago, and we never clicked on it. And we thought, you know what, at midnight last night, why not just put this movie on and we'll fall asleep to it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, gotta be up at three thirty, but let's let's stay up and watch the movie.
Speaker 2: No, we figured we would just fall asleep to it. It was like our going to sleep movie. And yet we stayed up for the whole entire thing because it was so ridiculous and yet compelling at the same time.
Speaker 1: It was fun to watch. It had great beauty shots of Paris. But the idea essentially that a shark gets into the sin this I guess.
Speaker 3: And reproduces massively experimental shark.
Speaker 1: Was it some research shark, it was something.
Speaker 2: It was something that could reproduce without actually having a male shark.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you got sharks all over the place. And but the thing about the movie is that they do talk about Paris. We're getting ready for the Olympics. We are they The movie is about a triathlon, yep, that they're getting ready for and the mayor a woman in the movie and a woman mayor in real.
Speaker 2: Life actual Paris mayor and Hidalgo could have been depicted in the movie. We're not sure, but it kind of seemed like it.
Speaker 1: She does not want to watch this movie.
Speaker 3: She should not watch this movie.
Speaker 2: But it's funny because yes, they actually in the movie talk about the one point five billion dollars cleanup and how it's so important for the city of Paris, and how the Olympics are coming and all the eyes are on Paris. The journalists had all come in, and so she had that triathlon go on despite the fact that there were sharks in the end, and you can imagine what happened.
Speaker 1: They don't talk about the water being nasty. They just say show well.
Speaker 2: They did say they cleaned up the water to have the triathlon, to have the Olympics, like that was a narrative in the movie.
Speaker 1: So that was an aside, and their problem was sharks. Our problem now at the Olympics is pollution posion.
Speaker 3: E coli to be specific.
Speaker 1: Oh god, you thought, you know, I read something a terrible note because it rained a little bit.
Speaker 3: I think it did in the beginning, in the.
Speaker 1: Beginning of so what this. I saw some professor, He said, the problem you have it's not just that rainwater coming down. What happens is the rainwater washes into all those pear of streets and all those the runoff and it runs. And you just thought it was cool to see them jumping in that worner.
Speaker 3: I was just looking at the imagery on the television.
Speaker 1: That's all one Brazilian. I think she'd like to still be swimming, but she's home right now. She has filed an official complaint against her country's Olympic committee because they sent her packing from the Olympics. Now, why did they send one of their own athletes home.
Speaker 2: Well, she sneaked out or tried to sneak out of Olympic village with her partner, her boyfriend, who also was an Olympian, but he had already competed and not done well. But they were trying to go out on the town. Perhaps they got caught, and that is a big no no. But apparently it wasn't just that she got caught trying to sneak out with her boyfriend. It was how she reacted to getting caught just sneaking out, And.
Speaker 1: They say that's where got her sent home. It wasn't a matter of just the violation, and he was not sent home. So she is the one who gets the greater punishment. But they say that's because of how she reacted. She was very disrespectful, and I appreciate with somebody from Brazil, one of their coaches or officials said, we ain't here to play, we ain't here to party. This is a business trip that the taxpayers of Brazil are paying for.
Speaker 3: I kind of like that. I appreciated it too.
Speaker 2: I thought he made a very good point and just said, hey, this is not about This isn't your vacation. This isn't you know, your little pleasure trip, and this is funded by the people of Brazil, and so be respectful. And if you can't be, then you're going home. And that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: And she's home. But she says now that she has lawyers getting involved. And by the way, she she swins the floor by one hundred. Relay for Brazil. They didn't make get to the finals. In fact, they finished seventh in their seat.
Speaker 2: Okay, in their own heat heat, Okay, got it, got it, got to get seventh.
Speaker 1: If that team was, you know, going for a goal, you think they would have sent her home.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with no.
Speaker 1: No, okay.
Speaker 2: So her basically, what you're saying is her Olympic prowess didn't match her disdain.
Speaker 3: For the rules.
Speaker 1: Body can't cash those checks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, wait, what did you say. I'll always say that again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was talking to you if your mouth is writing checks that your body can't cash. So her performance was not up to par. Another controversy. We hate to see these types of things. But with so many countries involved. You know there's going to be some kind of a diplomatic brujaha some sort. But this time we're talking about judow. I know, you don't probably not pay a whole lot of attention to Judo is not the most popular sport that everybody's watching in the Olympics, but it's in the news because the official governing body of judo internationally is now investigating after an athlete from Algeria didn't make weight and was disqualified from his match. Now, it's not uncommon more so you see it in boxing. There are way ins you have to do this and have to stay a certain weight. He missed weight. Not the biggest deal in the world, you would think, but the governing body says other people are complaining that this has happened a little too frequently, with Algeria in particular, has happened I think three times in the past two Olympics. And the issue here is that Algeria does not recognize Israel, so they believe that maybe pressure was put on the athlete by his government to not be out there and have to compete against an Israeli an Israeli athletes that sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So when they find out these athletes, it appears when they find out they are going to be going one on one with an Israeli athlete, they then have a reason or an excuse not to compete.
Speaker 1: And there have been other instances where the same Israeli athlete had somebody do the same thing. At the previous Olympics, there have been issues where athletes from other countries wanting to shake hands with Israelis. That's not the spirit of the Olympics.
Speaker 3: The opposite.
Speaker 1: The countries are doing their thing. But this is the one place where that was supposed to the Olympic idea, right, So.
Speaker 2: The politics are not a part of these games. Yeah, they definitely shouldn't be. You know what, I can't believe that we're still talking about the opening ceremony.
Speaker 3: That is crazy.
Speaker 2: We heard from former President Trump actually calling the opening ceremonies a disgrace. And well, and that's Brody who heard somebody at the door. But sorry for that interruption, Brody, Please be quiet. We're doing this from our apartment and we do have our Brody here. But anyway, so the Olympic spokesperson already clarified that the intention was to have not a depiction of the Last Supper, which offended and raw drew a lot of criticism from the Catholic Church among many others. But they said this was about having a grand pagan festival connected to the gods of Olympus, not the Last Supper. Well, it's not just that President Trump is weighed in. Former President Trump is weighed in. Now the French DJ you might if you saw the opening ceremonies, she was in this center. Her name is Barbara Busch. She has now filed so police reports because she says she's received specific and alarming death threats for her participation in the opening ceremonies. And so the Paris Prosecutor's office has confirmed that a complaint has been made for cyber harassment, and they said that the facts could potentially qualify as abuse aggravated by discrimination, death threats, and public incitement to attempt on the life or physical integrity of people. So this is serious, and this is sad.
Speaker 3: It's just sad.
Speaker 2: I actually feel like in the name of defending Christianity or you're just at least trying to say that wasn't cool, or were offended or and there was an apology issued for anyone who was offended to then take it to a level of threatening violence is certainly not in the spirit of Christianity. So it just leaves me frustrated and annoyed.
Speaker 1: In the name of PRIs said, in the name of Christianity, Christianity doing a very non Christian.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and that is just it's as hypocritical as it gets.
Speaker 1: You're right, we're still talking about the openings aremonies. We should be talking about it because it's.
Speaker 2: Awesome, right I thought it was amazing, but you know, not everyone agrees.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we got today. What's the schedule today?
Speaker 2: Today we are going to be watching the men's all around individual gymnastics finals, Paul Judah, Frederick Flip Richard competing for a medal after their unbelievable team final on Monday that earned them the bronze. Team USA got the bronze. But like we'll see if I am so sorry, Brody is really going crazy right now. Apologies for that, but this is so cool because both Judah and Richard are making their Olympic debut, So this is so amazing for both of twenty and twenty four I believe with their ages. But I will see what they can do. Also US men's basketball, we talked about that. That's today women's soccer. They can secure their first place finish. They're going to go ahead, but they can win or they can draw against Australia and they're good. They're going to go against Germany on Sunday, which is going to be super cool. Sorry, they already won against er many of my apologies for one, so we'll see what happens with them against Australia.
Speaker 3: But I feel like they're in good shape.
Speaker 2: Multiple finals in swimming, including the fifteen hundred meter women's freestyle, Katie Ledecki can get yet another medal in Paris, and then tennis is a big day in tennis. We've got a lot of matches up, including we mentioned Cocoa Goff. She gets to do a mixed doubles quarter final. She's a chance at a medal. There too a lot going on today, a lot to watch, and we're excited to let you all in.
Speaker 3: On the action.
Speaker 1: Apparently your dog is excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah he is. Yeah, he's very very into the Olympics.
Speaker 1: You know, we're going to give you all just a little insight right now. We could post this picture of our setup. But I don't think either one of us is dressed appropriately to post a picture, even we know not to put stuff out of social media. Are I am on one knee? Oh my god, I'm actually on one You're on one right in front of you.
Speaker 3: Now I am literally wonder why.
Speaker 1: I don't even know why I'm on one knee link You're just practicing leaning down into a microphone that's on a big round coffee table. We have a big screen TV with I think this is bike BMX bike. Yeah, Olympics on robes. Is in a what.
Speaker 3: Uh it's a sports brawnz sweatpants.
Speaker 1: I just got sweatpants.
Speaker 3: You don't have a shirt on.
Speaker 1: This is this is how we were all in the morning. And the dog is staring.
Speaker 3: At me a little different from morning television.
Speaker 1: And would you know so you've heard the dog barking. I am looking right now on Life three sixty because my daughter Sabine is on the way here because I got to get hurt. It's an orthodiz dis deployment. This is what's.
Speaker 2: Happening with dad duties just mixing in and Brodie's all stirred up because anytime you go to the door and you've kind of propped it open for Sabine. He goes crazy because he thinks he never barks, but if he thinks someone's at the door, he will bark. So that's what was happening behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: So we need to wrap this up. I see Sabine is getting closer and when she gets to the door, he's gonna lose. He's gonna go wrap it.
Speaker 3: Yeah we should, we should.
Speaker 2: But anyway, thank you once again for joining us for our tea and Perry, we'll have more to come tomorrow.