Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Past podcast. The date is Wednesday, May twenty eighth, and we are officially into organized team activities. After practice today, we heard from head coach John Harbaugh as well as a few players. So let's start off with Coach Harbaugh and see what he had to say after day two of OTAs.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to see everybody. Appreciate everybody being here. Good second day to the OTAs. Had a lot of fun out here inside. Obviously it's kind of a rainy day out there. You know, what do they say, May showers bring June flowers?
Speaker 3: Is that is that how it works?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's supposed to be mayflowers in April shower. Okay, so we're just a little behind, but we had a lot of fun and guys are working hard, like where we're at and looking forward to seeing where we're going.
Speaker 4: What questions you have, John, I know this is all moluntored, but I mean, you had a pretty strong attendants out there. How does that help? Do you think having that bound good at hand this early in the in the off.
Speaker 3: Season, it's great.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, coaches, we we want to we want to coach, we want players to be here we talked about today.
Speaker 3: We all know what we're.
Speaker 2: Here for, you know, and we have a mission that we're trying to accomplish. And to see the guys out there working as hard as they are and how as hard as they have been means a lot.
Speaker 3: I love the way these guys work.
Speaker 2: I think they've been very intentional about every aspect of what we've done, every Phase one, Phase two, and now Phase three. It'd be very intentional about the big picture each phase. They've also been intentional about each play, each drill, each lift, trying to do everything they can to be as good as they can be.
Speaker 5: One of those lines, obviously Lamar even one of them, when it's just the importance of you know, when you get being out here just early in the process and it's a long ways off but the start of the season, but when you get in like, what does that.
Speaker 6: Speak to us? Think contemporary play?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just it's it's the same. It's the same for all the players, you know. And obviously Lamar is our quarterback, you know, and he's he's he's our guy, you know, And I've said many times I think he's the best. He's the best in football. So uh, he works hard at it. It means a lot to him. He's been studying it, he's been training. You can tell kind of shape he's in right now. You can see by the way through the ball. You guys all saw it today. He was on point with the offense. Uh, he's ready. You know, he's ready to get going. And uh had a heck of a day to day and you know, just keep building on it for tomorrow. But I think he you know, what you saw today with him is probably indicative of everybody and they all they all get to that point in their way. Uh, but they're all there and they're all working, and that's what we'd like to see keep than you could go to him in the V well, I mean, you know, he's a young player for sure, Mike, So there's not any one thing I think any player needs to work on. But for Trent, it's going to be just processing the game, you know at the position. So uh, that's that's a function of study for sure, but just also reps and confidence and learning the off learning the defense, understand what the offense is trying to do.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then when you get out there processing the game, reacting and I guess putting that physical ability which is so prolific, you know, putting it to good use.
Speaker 8: John, you guys added Dean J. Hopkins to the offense this year. What have you seen from him? And what what kind of like you've seen you bring in some of these veteran guys like him and OBJ in the past, Like, what kind what are you looking for.
Speaker 3: Out of de help with this Gus?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you know, DeAndre for for us is gonna be a First of all, I think he's a heck of a football player. And you know he's obviously you saw him today, right, He's a gifted guy, talented guy. Uh, but he's gonna be a he's gonna be a big body, contested catch receiver for us, you know, certainly. Uh and uh, he's moving great. Plus he brings all that experience. He's been in the big games before, He's made plays in the big games. He knows how to make plays. It's not gonna be any situation it's gonna be too big for him. But uh, you know, I just thought he and Lamar looked really good today out there together, and it was nice to see.
Speaker 9: The coach fields aded Cooper watch, where do you see him, and how do you see that advantage in this quarterback room.
Speaker 3: He's looked good.
Speaker 2: I mean he's been out here, he's been learning the offense. You know, he's picking it up from scratch for him. It's all new, all the terminology and everything, and and he's been working really really hard at it. And I think he's pretty much, you know, on his way to getting it down, uh, processing all the pre snap stuff well, which is hard in the new offense. And then he just gets the ball out really quick. I mean the passing game, that ball he makes decisions, boom the balls out. You know, he's a quick decision maker. That's what he's always been. And we see it out here.
Speaker 6: To see him now a guy you know every time out there with the guys.
Speaker 10: Who I've seen him with it.
Speaker 11: He came to see him out there with little better for the freshment.
Speaker 3: I think he's doing a good job, you know.
Speaker 2: For yeah, I don't think he's really flashed yet because he's just trying to be in the right spot right now and make the right call. The safeties have a lot of communication, but I haven't seen him make a mistake yet.
Speaker 3: With the communication. It looks really good as an athlete.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: And you know, with our Darius.
Speaker 2: Situation, it's a lot on his plate right now, so he's gonna have to step up. But that's why we drafted him in the first round.
Speaker 12: If you can get to another year, you knew for moving the injury.
Speaker 9: Looks like he's he's got his bursts out there.
Speaker 7: What do you see from here an the year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that, you know, I saw the burst he ran the he ran the little double move rail route, made a beautiful catch over his shoulder.
Speaker 3: Uh. It looked like he.
Speaker 2: Had to speed and then just ability to adjust and track and just not heavy.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Last year he probably you could tell he was thinking through the knee a little bit. It seemed like I haven't seen any of that so far this spring. So it's good to see.
Speaker 6: And I've just scheduled out.
Speaker 7: Do you have a better idea whether.
Speaker 10: That going practice is the summer.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're looking at the Colts and the commanders probably.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: For the joint practices, we just got to get the details worked out. But those are the ones we're trying to set up right now with colts, one day at peace, one day with the colts, one day with the Commanders that it's.
Speaker 9: Pretty early because you guys don't play them that reseason game.
Speaker 2: Who we played in the first preseason game? Yeah, we played well, unless has that not been announced the preseason schedule. We played the Colts, We played the Cowboys. You play the Commanders, so it'd be Colts with a practice, Cowboys no practice, Commanders with a practice.
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 13: The last time we spoke to you, justin Tucker was on this team and that move has been made. I know some time has passed, but just from your perspective that roster move, were you involved in that decision and what was that decision making process?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: It was a complex decision making process, and you know you're I'm a part of it, Eric Sashi, Ozzie Steve is a big part of those kind of decisions. I mean, you're talking about, you know, arguably the best kicker in the history of the game, you know, And like we said, it's multi layered, it's complicated, but you've got to in the end, it all backs up. It all comes back to what you have to do to get ready for your team to play the first game. And I think if you step back and you take a look at all the issues and all around. For Cass, you can understand that, you know, we've got to get our football team ready and we've got to have a kicker ready to go, and that that was the move that we decided to make. So in that sense, it's a football decision, you know, And now we have to spend all of our focus in our time to get these kickers ready and we've got a competition going on and get those guys ready to go make kicks. So that's that's all I'm thinking about. Like, from my perspective, it's like, we got to have a kicker out there making kicks, you know, and what's the best way to get that done?
Speaker 6: Football kick today is Was that? Was that just the planed rotation?
Speaker 2: Or Yeah, Tyler kicked yesterday, so they're kicking every other day, so you'll see Tyler kick tomorrow.
Speaker 6: When you said it was.
Speaker 14: A football related decision, I guess there was a lot of people not clear on it because the guy hasn't kicked in a while. So how can you touch it as a football decision when you know the last time you kick was January?
Speaker 2: I got, yeah, I mean that's a good question. I just think it's like you just like I just said, it's it's many layer decisions. You know, if it was just a black and white, simple thing, then it would be easy to understand. But I think anybody can sit look at the whole thing and perspective and say, Okay, we've got to have a kicker ready to go. And there's a whole lot of moving parts of that deal, you know, and it's just the reality of it, and you're you're faced with that. So as an organization, we made a statement about it. I thought it was really accurate. I saw she did a good job with that and thought it through, and that's where we're at.
Speaker 14: Any surprise, the NFL hasn't announced anything.
Speaker 3: I don't even I don't even think about that, Like I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I just trying to We're just trying to get the guys ready for practice and have a good practice. John Jenkins still to be a raven or some fault and there no, we got to have a roster spot. So we're just waiting for the roster spot for Michael Pierce uh to uh post June first, post you and one.
Speaker 3: Then we'll get John in here next week.
Speaker 15: John A Disa, Isaac and TJ. Tampa both Smith's part of the spring and summer last year. What are you looking to see out of them with a full, healthy offseason this year?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm looking for those guys to step up and be big factors in our team. I mean I expect both those guys to to to uh not just compete for playing time, but possibly even compete to be starters. I mean that would be the goal. That's what they want, and they should be in the mix for that.
Speaker 4: With I say it likely. I mean we've seen him flashing many times to what would you would you like to see him as he keeps progressing.
Speaker 7: In this group? Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I wanted to see be all pro. You know, that'd be my goal for him, and he's capable of it.
Speaker 8: Tyler Lupis, it's been so much time that you have had Whoptucker. You know, you know him as a player, you have that confidence, and how do you how do you feel about this process and now kind of redoing that all over again with a different player?
Speaker 2: How do I feel about it? I don't really have a feeling about it. I just want to make sure we get right, you know, and work hard at it.
Speaker 4: Really, John, is there any kind of risk knowing that you know, you guys have Super Bowl aspirations and having a kicker that could be very young. I mean, is there a risk in ball, but having a young kicker with a championship Calber team.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of risks in life. You know, there's a risk you're getting your car. You'd be driving home in this rain. You know, I want you to be very careful. It's gonna be risky out there on that road.
Speaker 12: John John one more d hop question wide receivers on this team and been great run blockers, particular the last few years, toddling him all less in others, and I just wanted to know a player like him who's been a great run block in the past's kind of declined a little bit of as his career is going on. How much do you want him to be a leader in that regard?
Speaker 2: Well, I saw him out here today, got one and he came back with a big smile on his face. We threw something over there on the left sideline and he was he locked.
Speaker 6: I think it was TJ.
Speaker 3: Tampa.
Speaker 2: I think he maybe kind of locked up in the block, took a little pride in it, so I would expect that to continue to be a big part of his game.
Speaker 9: We saw seeing a tape he would develop into a double digit sack guy.
Speaker 6: What is I guess, is the next step for him?
Speaker 9: And what has it been like to see him develop it in the way that he has.
Speaker 2: I'm just really happy with a DAFE right now in terms of like what he's done in the last three months. You saw him out there, right, I mean, how's he look to you? He looks good. He's put on twelve or fifteen pounds of muscle, He's worked really hard. He's just very determined to be really great again. I mean my goal for him is to be all pro, you know, go be the best, be the best in the business.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that's tough because there's a lot of goo players playing in his position. But that's the way he sees himself and let's go.
Speaker 6: For it just quickly.
Speaker 9: Like, did you see him being more like it was to be the power guy with that with that added muscle or what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see him being if you want to call it that, the more direct rusher. Yeah, I use the use his power, use bowl a little bit more sure A.
Speaker 9: Chance to ask you, I don't think about how Darius's progress.
Speaker 7: God him, you have a chance to position right.
Speaker 2: Our Darius had the torn achilles. It was clean there, if you want to call it that. So it's one of those ones that heals. It's the more quick healing version.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: So our Darius tells me he'll be back in November. So you know, he's always been a quick healer. I'm looking at November December in my mind. So yes, we're counting on him being back. But it's you know, I mean speculation, but nobody's gonna work harder. He got back from the foot last time really quick. So yeah, I mean he was, he's he's he's become a really good player, like I must say, a great player. He's really become a great player. Nobody deserves opportunity and success more than our Darius Washington, and uh, nobody's gonna fight harder for it. So yeah, I'm counting on getting back.
Speaker 9: Out there.
Speaker 2: Any Yeah woo was he was sick? Is Uh, he's working on just some physical things. He'll be out there soon, working super hard, very determined, wants to be out there, so he'll be out there soon.
Speaker 3: One last quote question for coach.
Speaker 1: Next time Christine's all right, you guys, you just heard from head coach John Harbaugh and next up is tight end Mark Andrews.
Speaker 6: Good to see.
Speaker 14: Y'allmar, How do you feel coming back and energy the chemist people with Lamar.
Speaker 5: Is still intact.
Speaker 16: How do you feel it feels great? I was he was throwing the ball extremely well today. And you know, there's a bunch of guys flying around. We've got a great team, a lot of players, and you know, guys are working hard. Just being here for the last couple of weeks and and seeing how our guys are working and putting in that work, and I'm excited for it.
Speaker 12: You don't have to be here obviously, the ways I tell you about the say what we're talking, I said, there's a.
Speaker 6: Lot of the guys who are gonna have to be here.
Speaker 5: Uh, what's I tell you.
Speaker 6: About this Ratters?
Speaker 7: The thing, it's their focus. They're focused on getting better.
Speaker 16: And it's a bunch of a bunch of guys that have an incredible character and and want to do the right things, want to get better and want to be the best team possible. And you know, when you're putting a team together, that's what's.
Speaker 6: About the first time were I got you good time.
Speaker 14: We've had a chance to speak to you since that playoff game. I mean, you've had a lot of time to obsorb it. But after the game, what was going through your mind and then the subsequent days after that and all that you had to deal with.
Speaker 16: It's tough, you know, it's you know, as somebody, this is this is my this is my life. I put a lot of work into this, and you know, everything I do is kind of focused on that. Everything I think about is focused on that. And so you know, it wasn't the way that you know, I had planned it, and you know, but that's all part of the story. I've been using it and I've had an incredible off season and I'm excited to just to show what I can continue to do and continue to prove myself and step up in big moments. And you know, so that's the thing about sports is it doesn't always fallow your way, doesn't always go your way, But it's how you bounce back.
Speaker 9: Do you sort of get.
Speaker 6: Over that moment and and move past it?
Speaker 3: I mean, what did you what did you do to to do that?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 16: Just just surround myself with with good people. You know, not look at the outside noise and look myself in the mirror obviously, and just know the type of player that I am, Know the type of work that I put in, and you know, as as a professional, it's all about you know, being able to move past it, but you know, storing that in the memory bank and understanding that you know, this is not the end, this is this is something that I'm going to work with. I'm gonna get better and improve and move on.
Speaker 10: As you process that with this off season, move on to last.
Speaker 12: Year and get ready for this feature.
Speaker 16: Like I said, it's been a great off season for me. I've been you know, working extremely hard. You know, I've kind of adapted some different things of you know, health and and and wealth and and all that good stuff. And I've learned from guys like Derek and stuff like that. Just trying to be the best pro that I can be, to to set myself up to be the best player that can be.
Speaker 12: Mark, did you.
Speaker 11: Fully expect to be back here and be going in the last year your deal? I mean, were you thinking about an extension? Like where where is your.
Speaker 6: Head with all that time?
Speaker 16: It's not you know, for me, it's I think we've I've always talked about it's always, you know, just putting in the work and whatever.
Speaker 6: The cards are played, they're played.
Speaker 16: But I focus on myself and in this team and you know, and let all the other stuff, you know, deal however it's going to be dealt with. But extremely excited to be here. This is an incredible organization. I'm very thankful to be to be here for for my eighth year. And yeah, it's awesome beer Mark.
Speaker 9: Understanding that is is that something however plays out over those cards fallow, Is that something you'd like to have to figure it out? I guess on where the other or you got to get into the as you started season.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 16: Again, it's it's not you know, for me to deal with that, you know. And I thought Eric had a great way of saying he's in the business of keeping great players and and for me, I think, you know, I'm a great player.
Speaker 7: You know. I think I've been able to.
Speaker 16: Do it at the highest level, you know, the best of the best for a long time.
Speaker 7: And I'm not slowing down.
Speaker 6: So I really are.
Speaker 15: Intense worker every off season.
Speaker 17: After the way last season can be was it even a notch up?
Speaker 9: Even for you the self season and.
Speaker 4: How so how is it gift?
Speaker 7: Just incorporating different things?
Speaker 16: You know, it's you know, as you get year by year, you find you finally start to realize, you know, the things that matter. And again, I I've taken things from Derek and different guys that them have helped me improve. And I feel like I'm an incredible shape, moving great and you know, just being hungry like I always am. But you know, again, it's it's about taking from what you've learned from the year before and learning from your mistakes, memory, banking that, getting better as a person as a player, growing in my faith and all that good stuff.
Speaker 7: So that's what it's been about for me.
Speaker 11: Party who helped you get through the weeks after the playoff game?
Speaker 2: Your teammates, family, friends, How did and how did you process all that?
Speaker 16: A lot of people. I've got a great support staff, you know. I have a beautiful girlfriend that's been with me, you know, through you know, some down, some up, some from everything, and being able to go to her has been awesome. My family are you know, just my rider eyes and so just being able to surround myself. I got a bunch of nieces and nephews and all that good stuff and just being able to go there see them. That put a smile on my face immediately. But I got a great support staff, and I'm thankful and I'm blessed.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 16: I continue to follow Jesus and and and you know, continue my faith in God, and I know things are going to work out, and just continue to put the work the work in and good things happen.
Speaker 4: So you're talking to DeAndre Hopkins before the start practice. What what what can the addition of deadre really helped with this offense?
Speaker 6: He looks great. He looks really really good.
Speaker 16: He's been making some big plays and and I think he's gonna be great for offense, you know, just being versatile.
Speaker 6: Have a guy that catches the ball.
Speaker 16: Extremely well, runs really fluid routes, and knows the game well. And he looks like, you know, he's out here, he's flying around. He looks really good.
Speaker 6: As the backlash from how last season.
Speaker 9: Had changed your relationship called with the fan base from me to cause you echanged with it.
Speaker 16: You know, for me, I've never been big on you know, looking at outside noise, you know, and you know, for for as much bad as there is those are people that are just in their room, you know, you know, twiddling their fingers. But there's a lot of good people out there, a lot of great people that have shown support and and I'm thankful for that.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Derrick Henry when you talked about some people that you've leaned on on the team.
Speaker 15: Is anything specific, What specific things has he said to you.
Speaker 6: That you've really taken the heart.
Speaker 7: You're gonna have to You're gonna have to ask him.
Speaker 16: I just see it, and I try to incorporate because he's he's a man of many tools and talents, and so there's a lot. There's a lot that goes into it and trying to be the best that you can be.
Speaker 7: And he is man.
Speaker 16: He's, if not the best running back of all time. And if you can learn from a guy like that that takes a beating year after year and continues to get better, good things happen.
Speaker 8: We noticed, you guys have a great boss, and we've had great seasons, great teams, great individual players. It obviously hasn't been able to come all together in January.
Speaker 4: What do you think has to happen for you.
Speaker 8: Guys to be able to push through and play at basketball in January.
Speaker 16: Like like I said before, it's it's learning from mistakes. And the beautiful thing is everybody that's here. We have a lot of guys that are coming back from last year for the year before and obviously you know, in the years pass, and so we've been able to learn a lot. You know, obviously, you know, I wish we didn't have to, you know, go through that again last year.
Speaker 7: But we've added a lot of guys to a lot of guys that are flying around.
Speaker 16: And this team is is incredibly stacked with incredible players.
Speaker 6: We have a lot of healthy.
Speaker 16: Competition going all around, which makes us better, drives us to be better, and this is gonna be a dangerous team. I think that we keep our head down, we keep working, stay humble, follow God, and you know, we're gonna see what what happens. You know, we don't you know, play in January right now. We start right now and just just focus on getting better every day your whole career.
Speaker 15: What does it mean that they have another shot, which together he has been working to this again, together to.
Speaker 16: Hire for what we've been there's no one more hungry than Lamar and and to winning. You know, ultimately that the end goal, and so just being around him it's infectious. You know, it's just you know how driven he is, how focused he is on the end goal. So just feeding on that. You know, he's our leader. He does you know, so many things and incredible, but the biggest thing about him is he's the type of teammate that he is.
Speaker 6: He's awesome.
Speaker 12: Mark something that Mancin has added to the offensive. The tight end productivity has been the best probably in NFL history last two years or thirty touchdowns and one interception.
Speaker 7: Talk about what he's added to the game.
Speaker 16: It's it's enabled to Yeah, you know, monks, a monk's a creative mind, and you know he's always pushing us to be better. You know, run up to the line fast, all the little details that matter within a game. And you know, it's it makes a difference because when you're on your details, when you're focused on the little things, those are the things that matter. And I think that you know him continue to push us. His creative mind is calling the plays. You know, he's on the point, you know at all times. So you know he loves what he does, and uh, he's very focused. He's hard on himself, but you know, he's incredible at calling plays and helping us, you know, get better with.
Speaker 6: You know, through the.
Speaker 9: You're an interesting condidion covidion when you've got both to like being charly over the years, same contracts.
Speaker 6: Essentially, you guys are all help the phrase in the next year.
Speaker 14: If you guys talked about that as a community, is there an awkwardness about.
Speaker 3: That at all?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 16: You know, I think that again the type of guys that they bring in here, we have great dudes, and especially in the tight end room, it's a cohesive group.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 16: I think that at the end of the day that we're all you know, putting our best foot forward, working one hundred percent, trying to be the best player that we can being, and uh, you know whatever, you know, ever everything plays out, it plays out. But extremely blessed to be in that tight er room with all the guys that we have, and I couldn't be more thankful for those guys because every day we continue to push each other get better and you know, it's been really fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of off that a little bit with Isaiah likely what did kind of you've seen out of him, maybe even towards the end of last season and maybe a little bit you've seen him within the off season.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I feel like I keep saying this, but it's the type of guy that they bring in here is continues to work, continues to get better. I think I feel like year after year, you know, he's founded another mode, another stride, and you know he moves incredibly well. And he again, he's a guy that that comes in here and he's a great teammate. He's a he's an incredible teammate, gets around all the guys, has fun.
Speaker 7: But man, he's a baller.
Speaker 1: That was Mark Andrews after day two of organized team activities and now we'll hear from another tight end, Isaiah Likely.
Speaker 6: So y'all love to be back. If y'all didn't know, now, y'all know, got a softball event at the Rip Stadium. Y'all have offense defense for bragging rights. You know, responds by yours truly for the Special Olympics Ravens Foundation. Hope to see all y'all there. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Y'all gonna see a little more talking than y'all doing OTAs going into training camp this weekend. Yes, how did you, so really, you know, I just asked my marketing team, you know, who really wants to tie in trying to get back to Baltimore. I mean, I do my own camp in Massachusetts. But I felt like, you know, since Baltimore took an opportunity on me four years ago, I mean, I wanted to always give back. Just didn't know how. They told me special Olympics, was you know, ready to do it? And I was like, man, let's do it right there in Baltimore.
Speaker 12: So who do you think that soft other than yourself?
Speaker 6: Other than me? Some guys said they've never even hit with a baseball bat. But Nick Moore is gonna be out there, So if you're gonna be in center field, I duck. But yeah, they said he's probably the best one out there other than me, of course, of course, not the best hitter. I used to pitch play center field. But once to the cages, once to the cages a little bit. I'm going go go back, get a couple of days, gonna go back.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that, because I saw you on Twitter.
Speaker 15: Apparently you said that you had like four home runs off Lamar on that one.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I mean I had seen some tweets saying, you know, L's going to be out there pitching, and I was like, dang, I guess it's time to tweet out, you know, get the juices flowing. Definitely would hit four home runs off L. For sure.
Speaker 9: I'll go to the football football.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean it was awesome today. I mean L was finally out here, you know, finally had you know, QB one out there. You know, juice is flowing. Everybody's you know, really backing inside, you know mad it was raining outside, love being outside, but finally back running around everybody. Finally got to see everybody running around. Always good at everybody change things when.
Speaker 9: He's out there, even though like the os and it's you know, a lot to get through. But does it does it change like the just the aura of practice or whatever?
Speaker 6: For sure? I mean I feel like everybody's always joyful to get back to football. But once you've see eight running around having fun, you know, light enough smiles around everybody, that's just a different level of joy that everybody on the field really goes up to, you know, finally having one of your your leaders, really your top dog out there showing that he's ready to get back to work and.
Speaker 11: Mark was asked about all. I mean, all three of the top ten ends are going into the last year's a good deal.
Speaker 3: How do you look at that?
Speaker 11: I mean, would you would you like to have an extension before the season?
Speaker 3: Do you try to put it out of your head?
Speaker 11: Like what's your mindset on that?
Speaker 2: That whole thing?
Speaker 6: I mean, I tell everybody I love the Ravens, I love the you know, the city, the field. You know y'all brought me in made me feel like I was part of the family from my rookie year till now. I mean, obviously, you know everybody's dream to get extended, but I just keep one for it for the other. I try to stay in the moment, say you know where my feet are, and really just play, have fun and let the players happen. And then whatever happens, God take care of that.
Speaker 17: AI. I don't know if you saw the offseason speculation about Mark status and all that stuff, find out how much you love Mark for sure? How glad are you that he's still raving?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 6: I tell everybody that's a big brother. I mean, I'm glad that everybody's speculations died down and not finally you know, have to get him a hug when he came in, because you know, we finally back at it, finally back on the turf together. I mean, that's big bro. I mean he's been teaching me since I got here, since I stepped foot being a raven from run game past game, how to watch film, how to take care of my body, and really just dwell take care every moment in the league. So I'm glad to have him back, Glad to have eight nine with me all the time.
Speaker 12: This was the first time we talked to him since the SATs to talk without dj uh that last strong has to be stronger in this off season. I guess what I do you say to him in the offseason and how the season beside what your.
Speaker 6: Next I said, don't let one play, really let you forget that you're all pro marked. I mean everybody knows fantastic plays Mark's been makings before I even got here. So I just always, you know, just shout in my text, you know, obviously, to don't let one moment dwell on. You know what you've always accomplished in what you're you know you're striving for in the future, and you know, him being him obviously he's gonna really just watch, you know, take it all in, let the moment happen, and just be a pro. I mean that's what you know. I feel like I look up to Mark in those situations because he's a pros pro. I mean at this point now he's already moved past it. He'd right for next year. And I feel like y'all gonna really smile when y'all see a nine out there.
Speaker 2: He's all established yourself, He's s these the last few years.
Speaker 12: What for you, like, what is your expectation days going into this year?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 6: Really just I mean I tell everybody, just trying to be that chess piece. I mean, I feel like in the offense, whether I'm out wide, in line, in the back, feel anywhere, just really just understanding and make players where there's players and really aren't there to be made. Just always, you know, trying to go to distance, whether I catch a pass, whether I'm blocking down the field alway trying to make an exposive play happen, whether I'm on the fields to become one of.
Speaker 8: The guys that Lamar really trust and he scrambled drills situations. I mean, how much do you expect that to continue to uptake and how much do you kind of thrive on those types.
Speaker 16: Of moments too?
Speaker 6: Man? I love those type of moments because in my mind, it's either my ball and nobody's when you know, the quarterback trust you to put yourself in the position to you know, make those type of spectacular plays and l you know what, L the players never did till the whistle blows. So really just being able to either throw my hand, run across the field wherever, just having him be able to trust me and throw the ball wherever I am and understand that Zay's gonna always make me right. I mean, that's just you know, a blessing having that type of trust from your quarterback and really just knowing that, you know, he trusts me to the point because we do it in practice so much where it's he knows that I'm such a competitor when the ball's in the air that I'm always gonna try to make the play.
Speaker 12: Is there one additional thing you'd like to bring to your game this year? See you get off as a blocker in particular? Is there one additional things like that?
Speaker 6: Uh, I'd say, like really just honing in on everything to my game to really just be the best version of myself. I mean going into year four, whereas now it's you know, I've watched myself grow up to this point, but now it's just watching film on you know, the little things I've been doing years prior, you know, the good, the bad, the in between, and really just amping up and really just understand that whatever I've done to this point hasn't brought us the ultimate goal. So everybody obviously had something to work on. But like, just me being me, I'm always going to just watch myself. I'm mount there in those little details.
Speaker 11: Hey, I don't recall seeing this level of attendance at an Earth or this season ota like this, was.
Speaker 2: There a mandate that wanted someone said to hey everyone, we really all need to be here, you know.
Speaker 6: On the jump like this, I feel like everybody got the memo after the last game of the year, I mean, when you don't reach an ultimate goal, which is to you know, win and hold that trophy and smile with everybod, everybody's always hungry get back to the next season, really get done and then knowing you know, the team we have, the chemistry we have, and the leaders that we have. Everybody's always itching to come back play football and really just get that job done.
Speaker 16: Though, what's impressed you about how DeAndre Hopkins brings as a receiver.
Speaker 6: I mean just seeing d hot I mean, obviously what I think he's in year thirteen now, I think that's what he said. Uh, just watching how he practices as a pro. He's always since i've seen him's always smiling out here, always having fun. I didn't know that he was gonna be as funny as he is. I mean, now that you know he's growing accustomed to really the Ravens, he's going to see how funny we actually are. But seeing him how he practices, you know, watching him catch the ball, watching him going out there block. He was blocking the rep during Skelley. We caught the ball, He's out there blocking during Skelley. So that just always shows that you know, he's ready to get after, He's ready to be on the football field, and you need that from a leader in that aspect of the receiver room.
Speaker 11: What's your sense of the role he's going to take on in the in the playmaker mix.
Speaker 6: I feel like he's just gonna be him. I mean, we have a bunch of playmakers on the field at all times where everybody can go to distance. So I feel like, you know, when the players are there for him to be made, whether the balls in his hand while he's blocking down the field, whether it's you know, those crucial situations on third down, whenever in the red zone, whenever, he's gonna be there to make those players.
Speaker 15: Isaiah, you talked about Lamar Jackson having fun DeAndre Hopkins being more funny.
Speaker 6: Being you expected.
Speaker 15: How does forming those interpersonal bonds help you guys on the field holding each other accountable. He thinks that makes it easier to have communication and you know, be able to give each other feedback for sure.
Speaker 6: I mean because at the end of the day, this is a little kids game that we're playing. And I feel like, you know, every time we're out here on the field, if somebody's not laughing, somebody's you know, dwelling on something they've done in the past. I feel like there's somebody on the field that's always going to make them laugh or try to remind them that don't dwell on it. I mean, we're out here finally, you know, you're playing the game that you wanted since you've been a little kid, so you know, having vets, having that same mantra, come in, run around, have fun, have that type of or it just shows the rookies that, like, you know, you're new obviously, but like, this is a fun sport. This is where you want to be. This is where you've been trying to get your life. So just enjoy it, be where your feet out and have fun. Okay, cool, appreciate.
Speaker 1: Y'allan And last, but not least, here's what adafe oh Wait had to say to the media following today's practice.
Speaker 10: Doing how y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the what was we focused for you this off season?
Speaker 10: If you blacken yourself like that ship, I'd probably say gaining weight and on top of that, staying explosive with the way, adding more moves and then you know, just get my mind right for the type of year I want to have.
Speaker 12: What was how much weight have you gained?
Speaker 10: What was the process of adding at So I was like two forty five last year, I'm like two sixty five now, so like around twenty fifteen.
Speaker 7: Bas yeah, what do you think that's gonna be for you?
Speaker 10: With back you know, the run and then obviously, uh, the top of my rush not being able to you know, pushed off the point digging out the rip. So yeah, and obviously powered as well.
Speaker 11: Yeah, do you could Will it change your style as a pass rusher at all?
Speaker 10: Do you think?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 10: I wouldn't say change, maybe sharpen it. Obviously I'm like kind of a power savvy too with my rush, so you know I could build off that more and then, like I said, when I try to dip and then bring the rip up, you know I'll be more solid stout than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when did you kind of make the decision to say, hey, I wanna I wanna get a little bit bigger.
Speaker 10: S After we lost, To be honest, you know, we didn't have the outing, you know, at least I I didn't have the outing I I wanted. So I thought like a lot of that you had had to do with you know, my weight and you know, being able to be stout in certain positions. So as soon as the season was done, you know, I went to Miami, started eating and lifting and then you know, getting getting a weight basically that way. I actually wasn't good food. It was a lot of nasty you know meal prep, you know, dry chicken, uh, brussels sprouts sparagus, you know. But it did the job. Yeah, he did the job.
Speaker 6: Yeah, defay.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 9: Obviously Adisa coming in last year had the the hamstring deal.
Speaker 6: With the what do you expect it from him?
Speaker 7: In your zip?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, he's ready to go. Uh it's get off his crazy hands strong. It's a shame that he had the uh, the hamstring issues last year cause he was already ready to go.
Speaker 6: Then.
Speaker 10: You know, I'm I'm looking forward to see a big season.
Speaker 6: For him, cause he can like you just got rid of.
Speaker 10: But yeah, no, he he's the truth. He he's pretty seasoned, quick twitchy. Uh. You know, he he picks up things fast. He's learning a lot of positions right now, and he's still playing fast as well. So yeah, he's gonna have a good season as well.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: But you're I know, you're from always looking to be as best, as ready as you can be. But does your contract situation, how does that impact your outlook.
Speaker 3: On the season.
Speaker 10: Obviously, you know, I'm just trying to, you know, be the best player for the team. I would be crazy to say that's not something looming in the back of my mind, but you know, every year I try to get better try to be better than I was last year. So, to be honest, that's really what I'm focused on. I know if I do that, it's gonna take care of you. So you're talking, uh.
Speaker 12: Top a back how motivated you were by the lots the last season.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of ice here today who like they did, they don't have to be here for.
Speaker 7: Better or other.
Speaker 12: It's back people getting like where does it tell you about put up like my favorite team, because there's.
Speaker 10: So many words. Yeah, you know, we're we're tired of finishing, you know, spots where we shouldn't have finished. We're d We're just trying to capitalize. And you could tell by guys like Lamar d hob Dann Bait and uh Row uh k ham got a beaks g guys that you know don't, like you said, don't have to be here, but we're here. We're putting in the work, uh building the foundations and it's a testament to what the goal is in the future. And I feel like, you know, we got the team. We we had the team the past few years, to be honest, and it's just I feel like experience and the attitude now is gonna get us over the hump definite.
Speaker 17: I know it's just a tas, but how do you feel like the added weight is is working out for you out here? You feel just as explosive as he did?
Speaker 9: And do you feel strong in life?
Speaker 10: I mean it's oh yeah. So I haven't really got to you know, test to yet, but I've had some s s situations where I try to, like you know, push somebody and stuff.
Speaker 6: They kind of.
Speaker 10: Flying off too. So uh no, it's helping. It's helping, and I I I I think it's gonna be good for me this year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just the biggest shap.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my life, to be honest. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Can people tell you previously like hey, I I think you could ultimately somethay add muscles with how athletic you are that like.
Speaker 10: Yeah they taught Yeah, they told me that. I was always trying to keep my speed, but my speed hasn't diminished, so that was always something that I was looming in my mind. But uh, I guess it's the way you train to keep the muscle and then obviously when you're building the muscles, be able to make sure you can be mobile with it. Yeah, I'm I'm good straight do you do you have.
Speaker 9: Like a number in mind that you wanted to get to the shore like a a rade hole or whatever. Year Like, okay, I you did fifteen to twenty or whatever.
Speaker 10: The number four just more than more than last year. I feel like they took away like three sacks away from me on on account of the other ones that I missed. It's more than eleven, you know, just just try to be more than that I got. I got number in my head though, if I keep that to myself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, there last that number.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, I had that. I'm I'm just not gonna tell you yet cause season I.
Speaker 8: Know you're so set a element of trying to for yourself.
Speaker 6: Had your cow sacks seven?
Speaker 8: Do you feel like you're seventeens when.
Speaker 2: You grow to be from leadership perspective, as you were, keeps getting younger.
Speaker 6: And you're becoming more of that.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, so yeah, I feel like each year I'm happy to also get better, but also in you know, there's new guys coming in my room, but then we always add a little uh a vet and stuff like that. But I've been able to learn from kV other guys I've had in the past, So this year is a really young room, so it's kind of like forcing me to be in that position. But at the same time, I know there's like aspects of my game that I gotta get better so I can be a leader for them too. So it's kind of a weird dynamic I'm in right now, but I'm taking it with Stradaes appreciate it that.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's it for today's Ravens Press Past podcast. Make sure you subscribe to this feed and head on over to the Lounge feed. Make sure you subscribe to that feed as well, and take a listen to today's episode where they break down what they've seen in organized team activities. That's it for today. We'll be with you again soon.