Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: And welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts Now fuck that with your low glasses Malone.
Speaker 1: So you're just gonna get up and leave?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, honest to God, Like, did you stop me to live in a world where the highst peak out in the seventies?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: But isn't that the point of winner?
Speaker 4: To some.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like human beings have an issue where they are too scared to migrate? Do you do you feel like that, like just from your position and where you understand that the American citizen may need to travel for a different opportunity or different economic rewards and stuff that fit their current standings.
Speaker 5: I think I think that's pretty new.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of new cultra phenomenons that come with the comfort of luxury m There really is not a history of people not wanting to move around here.
Speaker 5: That's like our generation.
Speaker 2: You know what, you might be right, because I mean obviously people wasn't in California and that's how we got here in the first place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, californiasa youngstate.
Speaker 6: There were people in California at one time, well, it wasn't California when people were here, right, So there was nobody in California as far as people like, when it was Mexico in Mexico.
Speaker 4: It was never it was California.
Speaker 1: It wasn't it was it wasn't that one time, right, it.
Speaker 3: Was it was Mexico, Mexico for about what seventy five years, for a long time.
Speaker 7: That's why all the name that's why. But why where do you think they got the names from?
Speaker 1: That's a lot of California definitely sounds Spanish, even.
Speaker 7: When you go to Malibu, uh you know you get something, yeah road and like all these yeah San Diego, Santa Monica, Santa Fe Springs.
Speaker 1: And Santa st Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, m hmm.
Speaker 5: I think there aren't a lot of.
Speaker 1: Named places here not Spanish.
Speaker 4: Arizona, that's a good one.
Speaker 7: No, that is probably that might be that actually, if it is anything, No, I was going to say, that's actually probably indigenous dialect like nawah, yeah, origin at all.
Speaker 3: And we have a lot of places in the US where like it's a europeanized version of an indigenous word, like Illinois would be like a land of like the ALIGNI people like stuff that.
Speaker 7: Well, that's because it's a copy of like, isn't it like a copy here in the United States of like Britain or England, like they have a Manchester, like we have Manchester, New York, New Hampshire, that's New Hampshire.
Speaker 3: Isn't like Mexico is like of the Mexican people Mechica.
Speaker 2: Yes, is that a land or is that Mechica is just is just what the people are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's kind of I think a name substituted for.
Speaker 2: As you can think about it, right, because I think that'd be the crazy stuff when because like Africa is what white people call Africa, that's where the name comes from.
Speaker 4: Sure, So who created Mechica? I think is word?
Speaker 7: I wish I had the homi Aztec treasures here the word Mechka comes it's it's it's actually dialect.
Speaker 4: It's it's the meaning of the language.
Speaker 7: So the people of Mechica, if I wish, And I'm going to kick my own ass for that, but I should have the actual uh knowledge to explain that. But Meshika is literally the people like it's just it's a tribe. Like what he was about to what he was about to say, like I sticka you get what I'm saying. So it's the Mehika people because Mexico, like we always said, it's not a it's not.
Speaker 4: A race, although people run around like it is.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: Wait, I have a question right now.
Speaker 7: You said about Africa, I asked Manny this early, Actually, why do you think people always correlate Africa with being black?
Speaker 4: A lot of people do that.
Speaker 7: I don't because I understand Africa is a huge ass continent with a bunch of different shaded people.
Speaker 4: Why do you think people do that.
Speaker 5: It's the only place where people really do that. I feel like, well that's not maybe true. Europe's pretty god.
Speaker 2: In Europe too, Yeah, maybe like it's white and it was all kinds of people in Europe.
Speaker 3: Right because like anthropologically I picture like people think like, well, Egypt people were black because it's Africa, Like I think that's more what will be like Middle Eastern type people moving westward than necessarily like people like Congolese type people moving northward, just based off of the way people move.
Speaker 1: It just depends on how far back were talking.
Speaker 2: I guess we was having a really interesting conversation yesterday. I thought you would trip off of We had it with the with the with with Reverend Franco too, where we were talking about Remember we talked to my my uh my West African partner who was a Catholic priest. Yeah, okay, so we were talking about Christianity and it was a dope conversation because we was comparing it to we were comparing it to like the goal of bringing people together right where we were saying that like Constantine, you know, right, they convened the Nicean Council to define what Christianity became today the way we see it today, like they created that foundation. And we were talking about the difference obviously what's going on in America where Trump is somebody who doesn't come from power, He comes from money, right, And that's why I called you last night and I was like, like, this is the first time somebody with no political experience or like military, like no talk coup or talk class as we call class really because that's more just conformed behavior at a certain elder's level, right.
Speaker 1: And I was explaining to somebody else that.
Speaker 2: Like every social structure or organization of people have a behavior that you know that everybody conforms to. This is the way he's supposed to behave and Trump is one of those people where he came from money, but he never really came from power.
Speaker 1: And power has always been able to employ money. I mean, excuse me.
Speaker 2: Money has always been able to employ power. But power exploits money. And for somebody of his stature to have that kind of money to get into a position of power, it has to scare old power, which is old money.
Speaker 1: It has to be frightening, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: For more wealthy people in America, you know what I mean, to realize somebody who they may have looked at within their social circles as a as a comrade or as a person that's with them, you know what I'm saying, versus having somebody who got some money and now he don't know how to act correctly based off of you know, most lifelong politicians, I mean even commona right there. Those are people that have been brought up into politics Rock George W.
Speaker 1: Bush, these people have been brought in their.
Speaker 8: Politically dependent Sure, but that's their source of power. Yeah, And it's a source of money, which power, right has always been able to exploit money. But to watch somebody who had money come into power, it's like when it's like when the Confederate States of America decided like, oh yeah, we don't like what y'all own.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Like we don't like what the Union is on right now, So we think we're going to do our own thing because now we got money and now we didn't got ourselves a source of power. Yeah, so that it is interesting to watch them get at it. No Siblings glasses low Beside Substratet Watch Crip.
Speaker 1: My brother Peter.
Speaker 2: Bosh Newport Beach Crip, my brother Alcuttash from Nadio, my brother Tony Nadio. We launching a boxing podcast to go to become an accessory accessory compliment to No Seilings podcast called Uncle Paul's Podcast.
Speaker 1: Cool Cool, And I feel like it's appropriate to start, you.
Speaker 2: Know, on No Ceilings with the audience that already follows us and we have something to talk about because the title of this podcast is Conversations where I apologize to Jake Paul.
Speaker 3: If I was gonna ask you if for the for the live show on Monday tomorrow, if I.
Speaker 5: Could bring Lucias on, that would be dope.
Speaker 3: He hit me up right before the fight started, of course, trying to scam me out of money and to try to see if I was gonna bet on Tyson against him betting on Paul, and he threw together.
Speaker 5: He had like you know here, here's my little quick reason.
Speaker 1: I've watched it.
Speaker 5: I looked at this this this this.
Speaker 3: This is Mike this fight, and I'm like okay, and then like an hour later.
Speaker 5: He had lost. So I just talk to him break laws. Fractional expanded.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll bring him on on the live stream on a lunch hour. First off, I'm gonna start this pole by apologizing to Jake Paul. I'm just it's fair, brother, because I saw no way he could win the fight. I saw no way he could win the fight. It was impossible, right, well, everything is possible. And first off, just congratulations on a great card. I mean, it was a fantastic Their fight was the worst fight. Yeah, their worst is They fight was the worst fight. And we're gonna get into where I do have critigue for him as a promoter and as an entertainer. Now as a boxer, I have to apologize because he did everything he needed to to.
Speaker 1: Make this fight easy.
Speaker 2: Now, there is a part of Mike Tyson that is fifty eight years old, and that means a lot because again, now when you take into account, Mike has always been this undersized heavyweight that has used his legs to propel him into the mix to land his punches. That was a huge thing for his speed. So while he maintains quickness where he was able to slip a lot of Jake Paul shot with Jake Paul did land some even though none of them looked like they were close to hurt Mike Tyson. I could see the frustration in Mike Tyson's face during that fight that he couldn't advance, He could not close the distance the way he would obviously you know forty years ago.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He couldn't close the distance or the way he could ten years ago. Yeah, shout out to Derrick James, gonna be a Hall of Fame. Trying to train Earl Spence into unified champion, got a couple other champions to train Ryan Garcian to win in some important fights. He told me, he said, Glasses, the problem with him is his base. He like, he lived a really tough life and it might have cost him his base. And the more I thought about it, Mike Tyceling no, his base, like his waist, his lower half. And he said, if you just watch him walk, he doesn't have his regular balance. He said, Now a lot of people is worried about him getting knocked out.
Speaker 1: He said, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Jake really has that type of power. He said, so he said, I agree with you. He said, but it's going to be hard for him to do the things he needed to do to make it compelling. And he said, but again you don't know, you know, we we haven't seen him in the fight. So when I watched the whole fight, I could see the frustration in Mike Tyson's face that he couldn't close that distance to where to do was at I.
Speaker 3: Think the one thing we didn't mention the other day physically about being fifty eight, Like say, you know, Mike at eighteen could go center, left, right center in point two seconds. He still goes center right, left center in point two seconds, which you really lose the most of which is why speed's the first thing to go. But your power remains. That's your age is range of motion. So that the three steps that used to get him the records at eight men, now they're only getting him six feet.
Speaker 2: Four feet yeah, you look that way. Yeah, where you at with did your ass? I know you feel how you feel. But I have to apologize to the man because I doubted him and he did what he's supposed to do well.
Speaker 7: I mean what it sounds like what you're saying, because so you've got saying the things that we saw him doing his training, the way he was moving as agile as his legs looked in those clips of him, he looked his legs look shot in the fight, like he just couldn't even move.
Speaker 4: He came out with a knee brace, But I don't initially he couldn't.
Speaker 2: Move because I watched him slip so many shots from just sure you could see his skill set when it was time to defend.
Speaker 1: So let me wrong.
Speaker 2: There were times he wasn't sitting duck because of his inability, Like Pete saying, to go from eight foot now, that looks like two feet. Yeah, I mean he can't go eight feet in point two seconds. Now, that's only two feet. So you could see his advances coming, but you could see his he ain't at a complete loss of range of motion because you can see when he's slipping.
Speaker 5: He slipped a lot of really good shot though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but when I'm looking at him training and he's throwing those three, four, five, six punch combinations, where it was at in the fight, he had moments where he was in his face.
Speaker 1: No he did not, No, he did not.
Speaker 3: And that's another thing with range emotion's upper body too. So what used to be, you know, a radius of X is now point eight x.
Speaker 5: A little more rigid, so.
Speaker 1: You gotta be all it's all top half now mm hmmm. So I agree.
Speaker 2: I saw him in the training like, right, and when it was in front of him, obviously.
Speaker 1: It's you could see Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: But the thing that made Mike Tyson also Mike Tyson was you could be six foot four and he would still get to you instantly, right. And that's where Jake's team gambled and got it correct. They they bet on his inability to advance at a decent speed. But again, I can't take it from Jake Paul that he made sure that he stayed where he needed to stay at Because boxing is a sport of distance, like most sports, right where it's all about spacing.
Speaker 1: He kept a.
Speaker 2: Really what's the right word, A really there was a race spaced away. Yeah, Yeah, it was he he kept He made sure Mike Tyson was not going to be able to be closed.
Speaker 4: Couldn't he beat Roy Jones now and Lennox Lewis.
Speaker 2: No, No, only because everybody's gonna make this loss about age, and don't let me wrong. Mike Tyson is fifty eight and why he lost is part of the reason is because he's fifty eight and his ability to close distance. But it's different when you got people who don't need to close distance. It's different when somebody Mike Tyson who has a seventy one inch reach in Lennox Lewis, who probably got an eighty three inch reach.
Speaker 4: So you guys actually believe that Mike just couldn't do it. Nah, he couldn't, Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think in his mind he knows.
Speaker 3: One, two, three, four means this is gonna happen, and he was doing that wonder before the movement's happening. It's all happening, and it's six into short now exactly.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That's a great point. He was just short, and it looked you could see it when he was swing. You could see it when he would swing and he would be too far away and he's like you can see it in his face when he's like, what the fuck is going on? H Like I saw it in his face where it was like, what the fuck is going on? Like why is this boy so far? And obviously the ring was huge. Yeah, it might have been a twenty six twenty eight foot ring. That ring was big, or maybe it's a twenty four and it's just white, but that ring was huge. Right, So you know, Jake put himself in position as a boxer to be the first Battle Hall of Famer, even at the age of fifty eight, for somebody who again is at best a novice boxer, not a contender, not a true a lifelong pupil of the sport.
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, he put himself in a really good position.
Speaker 2: So I gotta apologize because you know, I thought to myself.
Speaker 4: That there's no way he could do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but obviously I really I think that, But that that has less to do with how good he actually is and more to do about us overestimating Mike.
Speaker 4: So I'd rather say that because I keep talking about Canelo and this and that.
Speaker 7: Look, man, you know, and then you got people actually, oh, you know Canelo, you know he might actually be able to get Canelo.
Speaker 3: I'm like, if he wants to ruin Canelo's career just to make the fight happen at heavyweight, that would be funny because he with Roy Jones Kenel, then canelos old he put saw thirty pounds.
Speaker 5: He tries to take it back off shit and that's the end of it.
Speaker 2: He probably wouldn't fight no more after he fart him anyway I would, I mean, but I have to apologize again, Like, yes, there's a part of it that obviously I overestimated where Mike Tyson was at fifty eight, and not even overestimated. I forgot exactly what Mike used to do because I was so spoiled by watching him do it for years on top of years where he was able just to close the distance even with.
Speaker 1: His underside side.
Speaker 2: There were moments in that fight, bro where you could see Jake trying to punch with Mike Tyson and Mike would just counter him, like you could see the IQ a mile away where it was probably five or six times where Jake was still too close, he didn't have the correct spacing and he tried to punch and Mike's slip encounter I saw that up close and personal.
Speaker 3: I figured if Mike was gonna win, it was going to be something that would have been equivalent to that sixth round buster Douglas knockdown, where there was a little bit of lapse in the consideration of by Jake of where exactly he was and Mike just caught him.
Speaker 2: And hence, right, this is the greater conversation. So where there is an apology, right, there is critigue. Right, It's like now very much, this is a sporting event, but this is an entertainment event. So Mike Tyson, what's a fair number. None of us are boxing professionals, none of us been punched by Mike Tyson. But I would imagine at this point in his career he's probably punching a lot closer to seventy eight seventy to eighty percent of his full power right just at age just well now having his legs that alone, after roughly eight minutes of a fight or ten minutes of a fight, where's his punching power forty fifty percent?
Speaker 5: Probably around there sixth seventh.
Speaker 2: Round, Jake Paul should have went and made a better product. Right, where you get in a little closer, you start to fight and start to figure out exactly where you're at, versus kind of taking this route of where you can see this man can't reach you, and you kind of staying right there. It leaves a door open to where it's like, I can already see there's going to be a lie that he took it easy.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard that yet, but I'm sure that's coming.
Speaker 4: He already said it in the post press conference.
Speaker 1: You mean this that?
Speaker 4: Oh is it? Do you think you took it a little bit easy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: There was definitely moments where I took it easy, like.
Speaker 2: I don't believe. And that's the point I can see. I can see to some degree that that would become his thought. But the reality is he didn't want to make an entertaining product at the chances of winning, and that's where I think his or at the chances of losing losing rather yeah, right, or winning in devastating fashion.
Speaker 5: Sure, I took it easy, meaning I didn't give him by all. And I took it easy meaning I have taken more risk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Hold on, let me ask you some question.
Speaker 7: So compy Box says that Mike threw eighteen punches the entire fight. Did at any point did anybody see Mike Like I didn't even see him try to like attempt to swing with like all his might, like how we've seen Mike do that.
Speaker 1: Usually we see him swinging when he's close to somebody.
Speaker 2: Mike is able to see where Jake is at.
Speaker 3: And Mike's activity level has been precipitously falling down since the eighties. I mean, like go back at like one of the it's the shittiest fight in the world ever, but it's entertaining because because of the dynamic impact of every punch that was thrown. But like Tyson Ruddick too, they threw like six punches around in that fight. Yeah, they leaned on each other, they would move back, they would get loose and just try to I mean, each one of those guys will try to end the fight with each individual punch that was thrown, and it didn't throw out of them. And that that's kind of how Mike, other than a couple of little tomato cans after President, I mean, he really was not anywhere near as active as he was. I mean, his jab hasn't been He hasn't thrown a jab since like the Reagan administration.
Speaker 1: He threw a jab in this fight. That's fun.
Speaker 4: That was in the first round.
Speaker 1: Jab when that was his first one, first one, he hit the fucking jab. But again that's why I give some credit and.
Speaker 2: I have to apologize to Jake Paul right, even his you know, low level of box and acumen made him understand to you spacing that whole fight not not not obviously it's too flaw because there is an entertaining part of this product that needs to happen. But he made sure he stayed far enough away to where Mike couldn't put himself in position to make it a fight. And that's the only thing. Once you get into the sixth and seventh round, you know, some of his power is gone, you know what I mean. Now it's time to make a product because every other card on the fight was incredible, and it was a really as a boxing fan, like I'm a huge fan of boxing, that was really special for everybody. You know, the first three fights, you know the YouTube, the YouTubers fight, That fight was entertaining. The fight with Vargas is that No, that was Jesse Vargas. No, you're talking about Mario Barrios Mario Barrio. Excuse me, that was a great fight, right that draw the women, that was probably the greatest woman's professional boxing match of all time.
Speaker 1: That is going to win Fight of the Year.
Speaker 7: I have the equivalent of those two women are the equivalent of Gotti Ward. Those are the women Gotty Ward.
Speaker 2: Except they're both champions and future Hall of famers, versus where Ward was like this journeyman that for some reason brought this that made a fight tough for Gotti every time. But we got like the Fight of the Year candidate at a fight that probably had fifty million people around the world watching it, fifty million households, so he could be somewhere near two hundred million people that have watched that fight, and women's boxing was able to carry the entertainment portion of that card to where they got to the main event, and that fight ended up being bad, you know what I mean, not just because you didn't watch a masterclass that Jake put on as much as you looked at Mike Tyson like, oh man, my boy is finally you know, it's finally at his WIT's end, Like it's over, I mean, you know now it's over, Versus where you was like well, maybe Jake can do some special things. I mean, you didn't leave that fight thinking that, And I think he kind of blew it when he had the opportunities in the sixth and seventh round to kind of make it a challenge, to make it to go in there and get the experience of being in there with a pro, you know, even on the inside again because it is Mike Tyson at fifty eight, and it is Mike Tyson, but you do what you'd have to take a couple of risks to make an entertaining product on his part of the card, on him carrying his part of the car, but as a whole, his event was successful. So like I have to apologize because I never saw it any way he would be able to.
Speaker 1: To be Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: But again, you know, I could take trash route where it's like, yeah, you know, I definitely overrated where Mike was at and what he was gonna be able to doing that fight.
Speaker 1: But there were certain things that Jake did.
Speaker 2: To me as a as a novice boxer right to some degree right that I was like, okay.
Speaker 7: We've been saying that about that guy that he does train. He trained seriously the only the only real you know, uh issue when when coaches here was that you said was basically like he just ain't fought no real boxers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, I mean.
Speaker 7: We've been saying he could fight, that's why he's knocking out the guys he's knocking out. But then when he fights somebody like a Tom Fury, then then it becomes a lot harder.
Speaker 4: So now I mean what I this is what I don't get. I mean, well maybe I do, and I don't get it.
Speaker 7: It's basically he doesn't do it because he knows it's going to be harder, right, and then if he if he does do it, maybe it's not as big of a spectacle because he's not gonna get names that people care about. So it's more about the money. And that's I think what you were saying last time, like he's more about the spectacle.
Speaker 4: So while he does know.
Speaker 7: How to box, he's not really chasing greatness of boxing.
Speaker 4: And that's where it becomes like, well what are you doing then?
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a prize fighter nonetheless, but you know, sure he's.
Speaker 1: Not a career boxer, so how great could he be? No mineus?
Speaker 2: How he's selling the idea you know, it's obvious he's fighting for prizes, so he's putting together the best prizes.
Speaker 1: Pete. Can he be but nor Hopkins.
Speaker 3: I don't know where Bernard Hopkins is at this point in his life. And that's kind of like I don't know where Roy Jones is the point in his life. I mean, like some of the recent little you know, Shenanigan things he did, he looks old and tired and and Roy I thought was more reliant upon quickness than fundamentals throughout his career than Mike was even in his professional career. When it went for Roy, it went saying.
Speaker 2: You're saying, Mike Tyson may still be more skilled than Roy Jones Jr. Yeah, absolutely definitely knows more about boxing than Roy Jones.
Speaker 1: I would imagine.
Speaker 3: I just think he I think he's relying upon more endurant fundamentals.
Speaker 5: I mean Roy.
Speaker 3: It when it went for Roy, when he was no longer Roy Jones, it was bad.
Speaker 2: But even then it still wouldn't be most fighters could beat him. You had to be still somewhat short experience cut of special fighter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but fifteen years ago, true, can he beat Lennox Lewis at Wimbley a six foot four Lennox Lewis.
Speaker 3: That that's to me where you start to get into problems when when you're now starting a seed.
Speaker 5: Physical advantages reach, height, reach.
Speaker 2: So even though he's a year older than Mike, even though its a year older than Mike Tyson, you don't have the height in the reach advantage over at, Lennox Lewis.
Speaker 5: You don't have the spacing advantage.
Speaker 1: How Yeah, you have to use speed to get in and out.
Speaker 2: Speed pray lennyx Lewis And nine, Yeah, you can't catch you coming in or moving out?
Speaker 4: How big is Jake Paul? With Paul? What is he like?
Speaker 1: Sixty one?
Speaker 4: Okay? How heavy is he on the regular?
Speaker 7: I know he came in for this fight very heavy, but he looked.
Speaker 5: He was fighting cruiser.
Speaker 2: Waits before this he was fighting he was fighting light right here, he's fighting one seventy five. He might've been fighting cruiser because Tom Ferry probably is a cruiser.
Speaker 4: What about him versus nineties said? Who what about him? Versus Zerto?
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous. You can't put him in with a chance, you know what is not all?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is kind of you know how you see like really good three point shooters in basketball, like you know, Curry and guys who have been playing a perimeter skill set since they were kids, and then comparing them to a big man who was a post player college big man and at the NCAA level. But they know, Okay, now you're in the NBA. You have to develop a perimeter game in your twenties. You can be effective in that environment, but you're not going to go to the three point shootout and stand next to those other guys and get rapid fire power because it's just not you know, the the brain development growth curve. You got into it way too flatten the curve, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: What could he fight then? Him versus Danny Garcia.
Speaker 1: Danny is one hundred and sixty pounds.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Danny might be too like Danny is too fresh.
Speaker 2: Like okay, like Jake Paul is still somebody who doesn't look okay, let's start here. There is a version of people that want to see him get murdered. So they want to put him in with the hardest fight. And we got to remember he doesn't have twenty fights total his whole life. So it's look, I get the disrespect, I feel the insults of him, you know, taking advantage of older USC fighters even though he's training in boxing, But there is a value to it because he's fighting fighters. Him fighting Nate Robinson is another athlete, even him fighting old Mike Tyson.
Speaker 1: I get the disdain that people would have for him, But.
Speaker 2: Now let's really see where he can be at based off of his business premise, how he wants to market and puts on shows. He wants to put on big shows. So my whole thing is why he keep fighting old USC fighters when you can fight old first Battle Hall of Fame boxers, like, there are fights to be made for him, like Oscar de la Joya is a fight for him.
Speaker 3: Do you like the Oscar de la Hoya straight up fight? But both of them wear dresses? Idea that I had?
Speaker 1: Where do you keep? I don't like that? Yeah, I don't like that. I don't like that.
Speaker 4: Be gonna come to La and Oscar gonna ship man.
Speaker 3: Oscar can't even see me from the see me from the house to the driveway.
Speaker 5: His state is so big he would needoculous to see me from.
Speaker 2: Okay, he needs to fight cruiser weights and heavyweights right because he's not gonna be able to come too much lower, or he needs guys that can go up from one sixty to to you know, sid to him.
Speaker 4: I have one. I'm sorry, I have one I've met. I thought about this the other day. G Jake Paul versus Triple G.
Speaker 7: Triple G's old enough, he's retired, but he's not that far removed. And that's one hundred and sixty pounds.
Speaker 5: Not that scary a hitter either, And he's.
Speaker 4: One hundred and sixty pounds.
Speaker 1: No, that's way too far, you know what.
Speaker 5: I think it would have to be something like it would.
Speaker 1: Have to grow Washington.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he has a lot of physical advantages. He's taller than Triple G. He has a longer reach than Triple G, and he would outweigh.
Speaker 1: Him at Triple G is probably the same height. No, he's not.
Speaker 4: He's like five to eleven and you just said he's six to one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're close enough. It's Triple G.
Speaker 4: Retire, five years retired.
Speaker 3: That would be an interesting fight because it's one where Jake would be made to look at the idiot.
Speaker 5: But he probably wouldn't get hurt that bad.
Speaker 2: Yes, but he probably would get hurt that bad. Well, let's find out. No, that's too far. Let's back it up. Let's back it up. Let's triple g. People keep saying andre What I'm like, Bro, that's way too far, Like, that's way too far out there, Like you're not going to beat andre Ward in your thirteenth or fourteen fight.
Speaker 1: And andre Ward is forty.
Speaker 7: I got it, Joe Kalzaki, that's why we want to.
Speaker 1: The other day.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, Jo, and Joe Kazaki is a drunk even better than what about What about him and Carl Frotch at Wimbley.
Speaker 4: That'd be hard.
Speaker 2: Carl Froch Ye, Carl Froch light heavyweight right, he started at super middle once, dad, I think he fought light heavyweight once.
Speaker 1: Seventy five.
Speaker 2: Carl Frot's probably been out the ring every bit of six seven years. Carl Foxx not quite fifty, probably a lot closer to like forty one at Wimbley.
Speaker 3: Now we need somebody who at the very least is accidentally getting those pre AARP leaflets in the mail, Like you're not quite fifty five yet, but you will be soon, so don't forget about the ARP.
Speaker 2: That's kelsay, Carl Froch is too young. Exact what I'm saying because is forty seven. Yeah, that could be dangerous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's not a fight, this fight in a life.
Speaker 2: What about Shannon Briggs? What about the hemmy Shannon and Cannon Let's go champ.
Speaker 5: How old is here?
Speaker 2: Shannon Briggs is probably fifty three, he's up there, but Shannon Briggs is probably six four, right, Shannon.
Speaker 4: Big at about two sixty.
Speaker 2: Shannon is a big old boy. Is that a big is that? That might be a big event because Shannon Briggs can promote a fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shannon is fifty two.
Speaker 2: Uh, you could probably set out Madison Square Garden got an eighty inch reach.
Speaker 1: He about sixty four. I don't know if that.
Speaker 7: How about He's like, like I seen rock mind Maybe yeah, but I don't think it does good.
Speaker 2: Still need to promote the event, Yeah anymore so I like about what I like about Carl Frotz. You can do that in Australia. You do David two. In Australia, you could do Carl Frodzie. England, you could do Lenox Lewis. I just think Lennox Lewis, even at fifty nine, is just that's a lot. But to me, that's the kind of fight it needs to be. He can't do Vitally of Vladimir.
Speaker 3: Right, No, no, no, that you're wrong. And here's why. Who's a big time fight promoter, Donald Trump? Now, hold on, hold on, this is there's a little there's a little nuance to this. Vitally has a governmental adjacent position in the Ukraine.
Speaker 5: So we promote this.
Speaker 3: As the war ending negotiation between Zolenski, Putin and Trump, and they preempted with the Klitschko Paul fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but does can he be in a ring with a six foot seven heavyweight even at fifty four?
Speaker 3: It gives the Ukrainians something to feel good about when they have to, you know, surrender shortly thereafter.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I don't know, he's not Look, you know, if I want to see fighting six for seven even though Batality been out the ring for ten years in his fifties.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jake's not looking to fight anyone in his caliber of height and physicality.
Speaker 4: He's not well.
Speaker 2: I think I think he's trying to match himself against guys that he has the advantage of. What I'm saying, I would rather it be against hall of fame boxers.
Speaker 1: So he gets experienced. I don't want to get him killed.
Speaker 2: Yet I enjoyed what he's Unlike a lot of pure boxing, I enjoy what he's doing for the sport. I think he's rebirthing it on a very mainstream level. People are able to get into it. And again Serranto, people talking about boxing, I never heard talk about boxing, right Soroano.
Speaker 1: So she got a lot of new fans.
Speaker 2: Katie Taylor from Ireland, she's a fantastic fighter, gold miler, she got a new fans.
Speaker 1: Like this is good.
Speaker 2: Like I'm okay with what he's doing for the sport. I'm not hypercritical because he's not. He's not he's not a true hugolist like he's not. That's not what he's been doing. He's still somebody who likes the sport and decided to take it on to keep entertaining. So I'm saying we should match him in fights that you know he can possibly win. I don't think he can beat.
Speaker 4: For tally, put him against Charvis Jr.
Speaker 1: See that's a great fighter. That's a great fight.
Speaker 2: That's a great fight anywhere you do it at that that fight sells out Vegas, and to me, that probably should be the fight.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But that's a real fight.
Speaker 4: And I think he could. I think Ja could win that one. He's skilled enough. I'd like to see it. How much might might have not done enough?
Speaker 1: Jr.
Speaker 2: Is big, He's like he's got about the same height.
Speaker 5: Oh so he takes after his mother.
Speaker 2: The facts, facts, facts, Julio size.
Speaker 1: Julio says. The Chavis Junior is thirty eight.
Speaker 2: His last fight was, Oh no, he just fall in July twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this has got.
Speaker 5: Thirty eight fought recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that just that could be a knockout. Yeah, but that's the kind of fight. I agree, that's actually the perfect fight, Julio says. It Chavez Junior versus Jake Paul. That sells out any arena on the West coast, right, it brings everybody out. You get, Julio says, the Chavis Senior. In the promotions, y'all make some money. But that's a winnable fight. Is that the right next fight? Do you favorite Jaking that fight?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Do you favorite Jaking that fight? No favor him?
Speaker 5: But how many how many fights has Junior fought?
Speaker 1: A lot? Probably somewhere near fifty or sixty. Oh, shit.
Speaker 4: No, he's a real Jake's a real boxer. Put him in with a real boxer.
Speaker 1: Bro, you just want to get him killed. I just I mean, he's not he doesn't have sixty.
Speaker 7: I took it easy on Mike, and you know he's he's he's a master boxer.
Speaker 2: He's ready to fight Canelo. All the things he said, Well, that's just promotion. We know he can't fight Canelo.
Speaker 4: Bro, it's not just promotion. I think he really believes this.
Speaker 1: Sure, you got to be great, you have to be like.
Speaker 5: Canelo twenty eight. He's got a puncher's chance there.
Speaker 1: He has no chance there.
Speaker 7: We can't well, we can't believe with Jesus because he said he had no chance to be mine.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's fifty or sixty new pounds of Canilo.
Speaker 1: But that Canelo not even gonna put that much weight on to whoop his ass.
Speaker 5: He gonna whoop with a forty.
Speaker 2: Pounds whooping man once said he fire, it'd be one eighty in the ring, whooping the ship out of him. That would be It's just different, like right, trash, I did not see one percent. I think I did it with three percent. I was wrong, but that don't mean I'm wrong most of the time, and I'm definitely not gonna be wrong. If he started playing with that man from from Senner Load Dog, He's gonna have a problem.
Speaker 4: What about Floyd versus Jake now, since he already fought Logan, but.
Speaker 1: Floyd can't fight that being.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about? Logan's bigger than Jake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he can't fight.
Speaker 4: That be and.
Speaker 5: Could beat him with fifty pounds you know, deficit.
Speaker 2: I guess, so Floyd could beat him with that too, but it wouldn't be good. It'll be a big fight to something, but he gonna lose the fight. He's not gonna be Floyd maker.
Speaker 3: Floyd fight sucked to watch in general. To amplify how not exciting to the average viewer of Floyd fighters. With this factor, it would be just a giant.
Speaker 1: The thing is, Jake couldn't make it.
Speaker 2: Floyd makes great fights when somebody know how to make him fight, like Mike Donna the first time, right, But Jake Paul could make Floyd fight.
Speaker 5: What if he fought that Irish guy that Floyd.
Speaker 7: Irish, the Italian guy, the one you mean, John Gotti, the third No, the Irish.
Speaker 3: Guy from end of the day who fought Floyd hung out Connor McGregor.
Speaker 4: That'd be interesting he beat up Connor though probably I don't know Connor real that man.
Speaker 1: I mean, that could be a cool follow I.
Speaker 5: Think that's the fight.
Speaker 3: I think that's the fight if if if I'm not gonna get Kalazaki.
Speaker 5: You might as well give me McGregor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Connor McGregor going up to two hundred pounds one night, nine and five eight, Connor and Floyd was almost the same side. I mean, it'll it'll do good business, but I wouldn't give him respect if he beats Connor McGregor. If he was able to get in with a Julio Says or Travis Junior, I would look at even this version of Julio Says and Travis Junior at thirty seven thirty eight, I would give him a lot more credits, like as a boxer, because I think there's a level of him that Understan He's making entertaining events that make him money, but then he still is pursuing some level of credibility, so he can't fight up and coming boxers and make a bunch of money.
Speaker 1: Right to go the long way, the way a boxer would go.
Speaker 3: So instead of going instead of fighting his way up the hill, he's fighting his way down.
Speaker 1: Down the hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going from instead of going from south to north, like most fighters, you go from north to south to you get where you got enough fights in right trash to finally fight a good fighter that's not quite a great fighter, because him beating a champion is like, man, he needs some stuff to happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, well then just let's do what you had said him versus James Tony Woo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know if that sales. I mean, it's a good fight though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well would sell, but I mean again, that's definitely not safe.
Speaker 5: At this point.
Speaker 3: There's only two things that can sell, and once you fought Mike Tyson, if we're talking about selling, maybe there's three or four names, or there's selling. We all get to watch this guy get his head knocked off.
Speaker 1: That's it. But that's the thought.
Speaker 2: The thought is putting yourself in a position where people think you're gonna get your head knocked off, but you actually don't. Right, So there's more than listen, it's hard for him to make another fight like Mike Tyson. That's gonna be virtually it's really hard, right, But again, you could do Lennox Lewis or Carl Froch at Wembley, you would do ninety thousand people.
Speaker 1: You would do well. Could he beat either one of those guys? Is he the favorite against Carl Froch? Probably not?
Speaker 2: Who is he the favorite against? That's the legitimate fighter. It should be a legitimate fighter. Connor McGregor obviously is easy pickings. But Connor McGregor is five eight, so he still wouldn't earn legitimacy because it's Connor McGregor.
Speaker 1: But again, who are those.
Speaker 2: On the outside of boxing? Julio says, Junior, you get the Julio says, our name. That's everything. That Chaves name is everything, like when you got the Fury name. To me, that's what he looks for. He looks for the brand of the name, right because his biggest fight is with Tom Fury, because of Tyson Fury. You know, that's Tyson Fury's brother.
Speaker 7: I think after after beating Mike, it's it's David Tua fifty one years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're gonna go set out in Australia.
Speaker 4: I think Jake sells out anywhere where they're making it seem.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true.
Speaker 3: I think you need to beat the man to beat the man. Yeah, you beat Mike, Now, you gotta fight Bussey Douglas exactly.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: Well, that's not fair. Then he needs to fight Evander Holyfield, he needs to fight.
Speaker 1: He's can he beat Evander Holyfield right now?
Speaker 3: I think Evander is in really bad shape. I I think probably wouldn't that fight?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: What's the last dude that beat Mike Tyson? The white dude?
Speaker 1: Kevin McBride, He can't be Kevin McBride.
Speaker 5: Well why not?
Speaker 1: Kevin McBride really can fight.
Speaker 3: McBride's like forty eight and he's probably three hundred and thirty pounds today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But you can't sell the fight with Kevin McBride.
Speaker 4: Is you know how you sell it? Yes, you can.
Speaker 7: You sell it as I beat I beat Mike. Now I'm going to beat the guy that beat Mike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no not. I don't think that's gonna work with Kevin McBride.
Speaker 2: People feel like Mike Tyson took a bribe in that fight. They don't even realize Kevin McBride was six six.
Speaker 1: That beat him.
Speaker 3: We're failing to address the most intriguing aspect of this entire charade here, And that was probably one of the most comedically brilliant production sequences of less than ten seconds in length that I have ever seen, and that being my ass cheek's interview in the locker room?
Speaker 5: Pretty what do you predict? A vicious win?
Speaker 3: And then he kisses the guy who says I love him back, and he walks off with his bare ass out. That was the funniest sequence of ten seconds of video ever.
Speaker 1: A Netflix struck gold with me.
Speaker 4: You know that was his son, right, I didn't know who it was. That's his son.
Speaker 5: I don't know Mike had a son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike has a lot of kids.
Speaker 4: Man, Mike got a few kids.
Speaker 3: Sure, Yeah, I didn't know who was I never saw the face. I always saw that short look clip.
Speaker 7: Oh, No, that's that's the son that was interviewing him. I guess his son is doing commentating.
Speaker 1: That's yeah.
Speaker 2: So who is his next fight? Let's let's all talk about who his next fight is. Who is Jake's Who is his next fight? Give me give me a fight that he can be a favorite in or or it could be pretty much close to being a favorite, and it's still a name that will sell fights, but it has to be a boxer.
Speaker 4: It could be a UFC fight him versus George Masterdal.
Speaker 1: That's a big name.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's the next fight George Masterdal. Yeah, I don't know who that is.
Speaker 7: Oh, you're crazy. That's a big fight, though, George. So I'll tell you and you're gonna know exactly who. George Masterdal was a little Puerto Rican dude. They used to fight on the undercards of Kimbo Slice in the backyards and you've seen him. He had a ponytail. You never watched those backyard fights when.
Speaker 1: Watched the opener to a backyard fight, No, no.
Speaker 7: No, it wasn't all he said undercard because he was like the first person that Kimbo actually promoted outside of his own fights.
Speaker 4: So it was never like a card.
Speaker 7: He just had this dude fight and and that dude, George ended up being a guy that ended up being some ship in the UFC.
Speaker 1: But George can fight, So that's the fight he's gonna fight.
Speaker 4: But he's also kind of almost retired as well. If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 7: Uh, he might not even be that old, but you know, and by fighting years, he's probably like fifty.
Speaker 3: Shit and bare knuckle backyard fighting years. I don't know how, I don't know how many of those he actually did pick. George Masado, Mm hmm, what's your pig?
Speaker 1: Pete? Who is his next fight?
Speaker 3: There's real Actually there's only one name that really is perfect for this, and that name is already on the card, Super Paul, the Paul brawl, Paul versus Paul.
Speaker 7: Oh well, they've already kind of started on that too, both of them on their.
Speaker 1: Problematic that Logan versus Jake.
Speaker 5: There's that, or of the other couple of names we mentioned, or like George Saint Pierre.
Speaker 1: How old is George Saint Pierre? Now, I don't know see those fans man.
Speaker 4: He is forty three years old.
Speaker 1: People who watch him hell billy fights. They might really pay for it. They don't care.
Speaker 4: George Saint Pierre's forty three?
Speaker 1: How was he as a fighter?
Speaker 7: It's got a big name, is that the striker?
Speaker 3: He was pretty versatile. He was for a period of time like the best in UFC power for pound like he was it.
Speaker 5: He was really it.
Speaker 1: Cool my pick is Chavez Jr.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Chavez Junior gives him the name to do a million buys. I think it gives him the legitimacy of beating a fighter that had sixty something fights. I think it moves him further along and the pantheon of why he should be ranked even though he's not fighting other up and coming contenders.
Speaker 1: I think he liked.
Speaker 2: How it felt to get a level of credibility fighting a box or even a fifty eight year one. So if I'm picking somebody, I'm picking Chavez Jr.
Speaker 7: Or make it a really big spectacle and put him versus Chu or something like that.
Speaker 4: What it's a real fighter.
Speaker 1: It's five ft three man, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Make it a real spectacle.
Speaker 7: Put when in a fight with a real fight wouldn't sanction that fight?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: Because he wouldn't because Chocolatito couldn't even be close to the way.
Speaker 3: How much Filipino food does it take to get Manny up to you know, arms.
Speaker 1: Reach Manny a lot? Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like that Irish dude who fought Mayweather for this fight. I think that's a really good fight.
Speaker 3: I think he can roll up into the one eighties, one nineties easily can be one ninety. Jacob, Yeah, I think that's okay. Boisterous, he's a boisterous guy. He's good with his hands, and he he didn't have a bad showing against Floyd when Floyd was actually still in his career.
Speaker 1: But Floyd was kind of fucking around, like I mean, look.
Speaker 10: I meant, I mean, what do you watch. It's a viable boxing fight. It's a viable fight. It's a viable fight. But I mean he's gonna look like a monster compared to Connor McGregor.
Speaker 5: Fearless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm saying when you see that, you see him standing in front of Connor McGregor, nobody's gonna give Connor.
Speaker 1: McGregor a chance.
Speaker 7: So then put him in with Triple G, who's fat as hell right now, who has not fought since his last fight with Canelo. He would have to train to even get into shape. He hasn't fought in what five years, So you're gonna be the first Ballance silver medals a fat out of shape one. Yes, he has a I mean not yes, he's gonna beat him, but yes, let's see it.
Speaker 3: And that could be interesting because then there's a lot of jokes ready for Triple G.
Speaker 5: Being his cup size and whatnot.
Speaker 1: He's going to be in shape if he thought Jake Paul.
Speaker 3: How about the Korean guy that took Roy Jones's gold medal?
Speaker 7: If you don't know, if we don't know the name, it doesn't even matter the guy who took Roy Jones gold medal.
Speaker 1: Jake Paul versus.
Speaker 2: The guy who took Jones's gold medal. Maybe I think Chavez Junior Triple G. You know what, we should put up a poll in the uh, we should put up a pole. I'm having to put up a poll in the description when we post this. Who should be Jake Paul named Jake Paul Knick's opponent. So we'll have three or four names. I'm going Chavez Senior. What's your name?
Speaker 4: Trash?
Speaker 2: Huh, what's the name you're going for the poll?
Speaker 4: Chavis Junior. I'm with you, Chavis Junior?
Speaker 1: Another name?
Speaker 7: No, Yeah, we said Chavis Junior. We said Triple G. And or George Masvedal.
Speaker 1: What's what's your name?
Speaker 3: Pete Connor Logan?
Speaker 2: Okay, So we put together that that uh.
Speaker 1: That Paul and posted. You know what I mean, We'll get a great question.
Speaker 2: Good looking out for tuning in to the Note Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, commentist, share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and Notheart Radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah