Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of my bed.
Speaker 2: It's spooky. I'm joky.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Hey, I go said.
Speaker 1: I loss mondays.
Speaker 3: Please, hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to the number eight best comedy podcast of twenty twenty two according to Vulture. That's major. I'm very proud of that. We made it on a list. You better believe I was checking it twice. Turns out the podcast is a hit. We're the number eight best comedy podcast of twenty twenty two. Thank you Vulture so much for that honor. Thank you guys, everyone that listens. Thank you Starburns Audio, Thank you everyone that's a guest. Oh I'm so excited. And I will promise you right now. This is a promise. You can hold me to this. Twenty twenty three, it's going to be the biggest year of Ghosted yet. I promise you it's going to be major. I've got such a fun guest today. This is truly a really, really, really fun episode with mary Lynn Rice cub But first I've got a little bit of haunted housekeeping to do.
Speaker 1: That's good, huh, haunted housekeeping.
Speaker 3: So Okay, first order of business, I'm so sorry there will not be an episode next week. It's that weird week and between Christmas and New Year's We'll be back the following week, starting off twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Right, So there's that.
Speaker 3: The next thing I have to say is I am going to be taking a hiatus. I'll call it from my Patreon patreon dot com slash ras dress Fales link in the description. Uh So, I will not be uh doing it for at least a couple of months.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what the plan is.
Speaker 3: I just have got a ton of stuff going on on my calendar that's already started, and then right at the beginning of the year, I'm just gonna not be able to.
Speaker 1: Keep up with it.
Speaker 3: However, if you still want to support it, that's lovely.
Speaker 1: I'd so appreciate it.
Speaker 3: But also you don't have to no presh, but if you wanted to join at some point, I know people in the future, I'm talking to you in the future, a new listener of Ghosted Off in the Distant future if you want. If you hear about this Patreon here, there's so much about it in these intros of the podcast. I'm gonna keep all that up so you could you can still access it. There's a couple of years worth of content of full length episodes of me by myself. There's bonus clips, there's videos from my life, There's all kinds of shit.
Speaker 1: It's fun. I had a great time with it.
Speaker 3: Hopefully I'll be coming back to it soon enough, but until then, it's sort of like a streaming platform of just all kinds of stuff that you could find there if you wanted to check it out. But there won't be any new content until I'm not short yet, and that'll start January first.
Speaker 1: Okay, got that out of the way.
Speaker 3: This week, I am joined by mary Lynn Rice cub who truly one of my favorite comedians.
Speaker 1: She cracks me up. Brilliant comedian actor.
Speaker 3: A lot of people know her from starring as Chloe on twenty four for a.
Speaker 1: Lot of seasons.
Speaker 3: I mean, this woman is a celebrity, so much of a celebrity. She's been on Celebrity ghost Stories. She was the sixth ever episode of this podcast a long time ago, and we talked about her Celebrity ghost Stories.
Speaker 1: In the moment while recording with her.
Speaker 3: You will hear in a second I had this brilliant idea, I must say, to pull up her Celebrity ghost Story and watch it with her. So we'll be doing that, and I'll also check out her book that came out this past year.
Speaker 1: It is called Famish Colon My Life at the Edge of Stardom. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Here's me talking once again to mary Lynn Riis Cobb on with the show. Hello everyone, I am joined for her second visits mary Lynn Ryde's.
Speaker 2: Cub Hello, how are you so good?
Speaker 1: I'm so happy to see.
Speaker 2: It's good to be in beautiful Burbank in the holidays, during the holidays.
Speaker 1: Don't doos us, don't let everyone know we're in.
Speaker 2: Cut that out. It's good to be Hollywood adjacent, Hollywood have Jason, It's good to be.
Speaker 1: It's going to be out of the house.
Speaker 2: Dally Ish, It's good to be out of the house. Yeah, it's going to be on the street, you know, Yeah, on the streets.
Speaker 1: I the mean streets of Burbank.
Speaker 2: I tried to get away from the Burbank, and you brought it back. Bur Bank is a big place ever find with a lot.
Speaker 3: Of TV shows happening right now. Last time I saw you, no it's something less. Last time I was with you in a one on one situation, we went to a diner and I was thinking.
Speaker 1: I was trying to think why I was in the scenario I was in.
Speaker 3: So we did a show together and then I it was Omicron was happening.
Speaker 1: It was like that weird wave.
Speaker 3: And we did a show, and so we had masks on and then we would take them off to do stand up and I had on lipstick for when I would do my stand up set.
Speaker 1: So I had my mask.
Speaker 3: I kept putting it on and off and on and off because I was hosting. And by the time we got to the diner, I had lipstick all over my face. And I wasn't just gonna be with television's marilynd Rice cub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were not having it.
Speaker 3: In a diner with lipstick all over my situation. So I literally kept my mask on and ate like curly fries, like lifting my mask out and sticking.
Speaker 2: Asked for the partition that if they can bring it so I could pretend like you were my priest, and I was confessing to you, you know, and that you could eat your fries freely. But that was not We.
Speaker 1: Were in publish. We were we were in actual Hollywood.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm more of a renegade. I felt for you and your situation. I think I just was, you know, wiping lipstick on everything and shoving fries everywhere. That was my and I remember when I went in there, I was like f masks and started that fire. I did, like, how my look, my son is very well behaved. But I'm gonna throw thirteen around thirteen year old twelve thirteen, fourteen year olds under the bus. He actually is moving into becoming like a young man. But if we go out to eat with by the end of the meal, they're doing the uh, pouring stuff in a glass of water, sugar, you know, like putting the You gotta you gotta keep them moving. That's how I was at Norms, just shutting the place down. Yeah, it's like up, time for the boys to go. They're gonna start stuff together on the table.
Speaker 3: Tell me about ghosts. Ghosts have you had Have you seen a ghost lately? Because you were last time you were here was you were here early in the pod. It's probably been three four years.
Speaker 2: This is crazy that it's been that long. I feel like it was yesterday. You've been potting all time. You've been potting this whole time, you've been ghosting pretty much. Well, I have a big ghost story.
Speaker 3: Well because you did tell the one that you told on Celebrity ghost Stories. Yes, you told that one on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, and what a great show.
Speaker 3: I want to say you were the first person ever from Celebrity Ghost Stories to be on the show, which is major for me because that's my favorite TV show of all time, Celebrity ghost Stories. I have reached out to every single person that's ever been on that show.
Speaker 2: Have you really Yeah, and have you gotten any I've.
Speaker 3: Had about Oh, that's but it was mainly because there were people I knew.
Speaker 2: But that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of them were like I already told my story or whatever, like I don't want to be known for that.
Speaker 1: AKA. I feel like some of them made it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 3: They made it up and they didn't want me to ask questions. But or they just didn't want to be on I don't know.
Speaker 2: But either way, ghost stories are tricky because I think there can be a lot of You have to build it up. You can't just be like I was laying in bed and I got suffocated by a ghost.
Speaker 1: That's most stories that literally.
Speaker 3: People will ask me like, what's your scariest thing, and it's like, well, the scariest things are like one time I was at a hearted place and something brush past me.
Speaker 1: That's the full story.
Speaker 3: Right, It's not a great beginning, middle, and end.
Speaker 1: That would be the quickest celebrity ghost story ever. Yes, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's sort of is I wonder the made up versus mostly embellished?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love the production on that show too. It's got the single light bulb and the sound effect and the scratchy the reenactments. Do you they just embraced that whole genre and said we're gonna dig into this and we're going to give you what you want.
Speaker 3: I feel like I asked you this probably at the time, because I ask everyone in celebrity ghost stories, but do you like, do you remember being re enacted?
Speaker 1: Like do you remember watching it and seeing Oh god, no, you don't know?
Speaker 2: Like watching it back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have you got to see who you're saying to you.
Speaker 3: I want you to watch it and go wait a second, it might be streaming something.
Speaker 2: Joint your life. I need to turn over a new leaf and start watching my own reenactments.
Speaker 1: Have you ever reenacted other times?
Speaker 2: Well? No, but I'm using that as a blanket. I don't watch things I've been in. I'm that person. No, I totally ninety percent of the time. It's like I'm down here doing the work. I don't go back. I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Part of why it's fun is because it's kind of not you, like it is you.
Speaker 1: But it's not you.
Speaker 3: It's on Discovery. Plus I pay for that every month. Give me a second. This is gonna be this is ghosted history because the people that listen to the show know that that's my favorite TV show.
Speaker 1: So you were on season you can.
Speaker 2: Still easily find it. Okay, get over here, pretend we're at norms. Get closer.
Speaker 3: We have set up all the tech to watch Mary Lynn Rusco reacting to herself being reenacted on Celebrity ghost So this is a celebrity reenacting to a reenactment on Celebrity Ghost Stories.
Speaker 1: Yes, how about that?
Speaker 2: Don't know, I'm okay paralyzed with.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is so good, it's so good.
Speaker 2: My self. This aura of terrible green, these people are, this is exactly what we're talking about. It's a brush against the arm, but then they make it into a whole. They're producing a horror film for each.
Speaker 1: Was coming closer towards you, like it was moving. It was tightening around me.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Where are you.
Speaker 2: Headbag music?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think you're first. I think that's what's going on. Celebrity ghost stories? How have you watched this? But you've made made me.
Speaker 2: Feel like spirits or entities are real, whether or not we see them.
Speaker 3: Oh Maryland rast Cup is best known for a portrayal as Chloe O'Brien on the hit television show.
Speaker 1: While performing on.
Speaker 2: Stage early in her career, Marilyn had two special audience members, one who could help on her career and another she feared destroy. Was in my twenties and I was finishing my art school in San Francisco and moved to Los Angeles to do live comedy shows. And I decided to book a run to do a one woman show at this really small theater in Santa Monica. It's no longer there anymore. What it's called the Powerhouse. It was a real funky, really interesting that definitely went with my style of performing funky. It was definitely a big leap for me. To do one woman could oh, look at that app Right in the middle of the run her hair, there was a party that Ben Stiller was going to come to the show that night. They were going to look at her dad. That shook me a little bit. I had that scene suddenly I was not so sure of She definitely looks like someone that would be in my acting class.
Speaker 4: To me.
Speaker 1: Doing I hope.
Speaker 2: I take the stage and I can see my hand shaking, you can feel my heart beating. So I'm trying to hit my mark, deliver the first line of the show, and settle into the performance. But something happens, you can tell by the music. So that was their close up nervous eyes close up. Right in the center of the theater. About halfway back, there was an empty seat, and I looked through the audience and I see Ben Steellers there. So I get that spike of adrenaline and I'm nervous. But then I, you know, I relaxed, and I go, okay, you know, I got this. Look at there's a little white picket fence.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. People are liking, Wait, what was the punchline?
Speaker 3: You quote unquote said I woke up this morning and then they didn't let us hear the punchline, and everyone started.
Speaker 2: Laughing, and they did no zero punch finish it.
Speaker 1: What was the line?
Speaker 2: I woke up this morning and I slipped on a banana peel. You guys, another rubber chicken. Oh good, fing worries and feeling pretty good.
Speaker 1: Has that been still her? I think it's supposed to be stiller.
Speaker 2: Oh, look at her hamming it up.
Speaker 1: I try, you guys, I'm going to be a star.
Speaker 2: Oh they did this time. When I scanned the crowd, there was a woman sitting there in a seat that was empty a couple of minutes previously, with frizzy hair and kind of a seventies blouse. She was prettier in the hair, and her presence was very and the eyes were like empty eye sockets jarring. And this woman is sitting there, stoic, staring straight ahead. She's not laughing because she's story. I kept trying to look away, but my eyes kept looking back to her. Oh this is so good. And then all of a sudden she might use it on stage. She's given her best and yeah effect or glowing.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: I just kind of froze and stared at her and these freaky eye sockets. We're looking back at me, staring boring holes into me. They spent more on the sound design of the did a glowing eye your sound away? Everything? I scanned back across where she was. Yep, and she's gone. That's how it happened. That is how it absoletely vanished. And the real ghost. It was large eye sockets that were uh like a white light, like an amber white light, too bright for natural. And then the hair was longer and it's frizzy like that and backlit.
Speaker 3: They did a good My biggest fear is like performing and seeing a ghost on stage. And that was real, So okay, we don't have to watch the whole thing. Did you ever talk to Ben Stiller and ask him if he saw that lady with the frizzy hair and the glowy eyes.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: I did not get him on the phone.
Speaker 2: Let me get let me, let me let me get him on the Do.
Speaker 1: You remember in what year was this? Nineteen nineties?
Speaker 2: It'd be so great if I had somebody that I knew. I'm not even imagining that I could get Ben on the phone, But if I had somebody, whould do a Ben Stiller and pression that I could call right now.
Speaker 3: Well this so when I watched this, it was like a full house. Do you remember it being like super packed? It was so there was one seat. See now, that's strange that there would be an empty seat, and it's like, do you think that when they were seating people, people were like, oh, someone's already sitting there, Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That is strange.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember Gloe is like sitting there.
Speaker 2: I don't know if my memory because it's maybe it was peppered with single seats or there was a couple of rows in the back. I do remember it was like at least three quarters full.
Speaker 3: Woman, But you're right, why why or was she sitting on someone and you couldn't see.
Speaker 1: The other person?
Speaker 2: The ghosts.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, thank you for humoring me and doing this.
Speaker 1: This is the most fun I've ever had. I've never watched my favorite TV show with one of the stars of my favorite TV show.
Speaker 2: It it's exciting. And it was an old theater. It was an old building and I do think I say this in there it was I think it was an electric powerhouse.
Speaker 1: So it was like an uh yeah, because it's called the Powerhouse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like an electrical in Santa Monica.
Speaker 1: The Powerhouse in Santa Monica.
Speaker 2: I think it's long gone though. The Powerhouse Theater in Santa Monica used to be uh.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: It was known for being haunted by Frizzy Franny, the glow Wide Goat Ghoule of Santa Monica.
Speaker 1: Frizzy Franny. Frizzy Franny.
Speaker 2: Am I related to Frizzy Fanny? Is it a family family friend? My family friend, Frizzy Franny.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, before we jumped into this, you said that you have a really great ghost was it?
Speaker 1: Were you talking about this? Were you talking about No, I have.
Speaker 2: A new ghost story. But what it's about it couldn't be farther away from because it is a real It's about my dead mother who just passed away last April. So it's coming. It's a little over a half a year. Okay, you ready, I want to share.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, first of all, sorry for your loss.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. So in Michigan where I'm from, right, I'm from south of Detroit, Trenton, Michigan, suburbs of Detroit. I grew up my whole childhood in that house. So I was downstairs with my sister the day after the funeral. There wasn't a showing she was cremated. Whatever. We don't need to get too sad. But the funny thing at the funeral that you, you know, we've lived in that place our whole life. So everybody comes and you're it's weirdly energizing because you're seeing all these people that are taught talking to you about your mom and stuff like that. I remember at one point I was like, Oh, I should tell where's Mom. I gotta tell her that. I was like, oh, she's not here. Uh so that, and then there's other lady. She was talking to me about for like twenty minutes about my mom. And you're sort of an open wound, so whenever anyone approaches you, you just are listening to them. Your cat captive. She's telling me about where her cat likes to lay in the sun, the different spots in the house.
Speaker 1: How much these people see you too, Like do you go back often?
Speaker 2: Not really. I mean there's some people that I for sure knew. There was a good percentage of people, you know, my old swim coach or like the lady that used to work with my mom, who I hadn't seen in years, who for sure I would know. So it's a weird mixture of completely familiar maybe I haven't seen in years. There was even more that happens in La. There were several people who did the thing of like, do you remember me? It's like don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm at my mom's.
Speaker 2: Can you just can you just introduce yourself straight away? How about that? Don't don't quiz me right now and then give me the guilt trip. So this lady in particular, she's telling me about her how she makes homemade wine, and in that moment, I was like, oh okay. And then right before we stop talking, she goes, oh, I'm going to send you some. Right before we stop talking, she grabbed my arms. She looked into my eyes and she goes, you know, I've never liked Hollywood. And that was geared towards me because I'm from Hollywood, you guys, I'm a professional actress. I've never liked Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I looked at her and I said, that's good, because you're not good looking enough to be in it. That's good, right. Okay I did not say that, but she did say that to me. That was my fantasy of what I wished I could have said, you know, I just listened and was like, yeah, okay. So then apparently she talked to my sister about homemade wine too. My sister was at another part of.
Speaker 1: The room and really trying to get the word out, and it was.
Speaker 2: Her gift to us to give us this homemade wine. So we get home and my sister and I wasn't a lot of alcohol in the house. People had brought like a really cheap wine over and we and then she she we found her care package. We go, oh, my gosh, she left it by the back. It was it was like six different bottles of wine, each with like very lofty names, and uh, we go. I had had the bottle opener earlier because I had the day before opened a bad bottle of wine poured it down the drain, and so we already kind of had a joke of are we going to find a good bottle of wine? Oh, we have this homemade wine, like, let's and I go to where I left the bottle opener just like it was actually within five minutes, I had used the bottle opener and I left it there and I looked and it was not there. Now, this was before, don't you know. You're thinking, Oh, you just got drunk and you lost the We hadn't had anything to drink yet. Yeah, And I in my mind I knew where I set it down, and it was gone. And then I got my sister over and we're looking for it, and there was a little junk drawer, and I said, did I throw it back where I got it? No? No, no, And then we're both looking for it, and then we finally see it in the drawer, tucked in the corner, lined up perfectly with another object on top of it, so it wouldn't so it wouldn't even be where if I just threw it in the drawer, I wouldn't place it there and then place another object. So it was already like a joke. And we all know ghosts love stacking things. Sure you know that's the sign of a ghost when that stacked up. So my sister and I looked for it for a really long time, and we were looking in other places. We didn't know where it was. And then after a long while, having looked in that drawer like four or five times, it was there, hidden, stacked up, lined up in a very What was on it.
Speaker 1: What was the object?
Speaker 2: It was like a little pad of paper or something. It was a junk drawer, so it was just something. But the way it was lined up is like that would never You wouldn't do that if you went to put something away, that would be a really weird way. So we were so we just thought, that's she's telling us drink that freaking homemade wine. And we did drink the homemade wine and it was the worst. Each one was worse than the next. We tried every bottle, and she gave them all these names, like, uh, you know, the a Cabernet south of France, Like she made up all these things and it's.
Speaker 1: Like south of Detroit.
Speaker 2: South of Detroit. But they each it was a foul smell and then one would have like a little bit of orange, you know what I mean. So I'd be like, this one is fruity and light and this one has a heavy body and it tasted like a petroleum bathtub wine. Yeah, and I feel like she had us. She took us for a ride, that lady, and my mom was trying to warn us.
Speaker 1: So do you feel it was definitely your mom?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, I mean because it wasn't a haunted house, right, It's just a one time.
Speaker 2: It was just a one time, and I think that was her. Yeah, it was really sweet. I think that was her energy, kind of messing with us and being like, I'm here, I'm here with you, just to let you guys know, I'm hanging out with you right now, because we were also crying laughing at not being able to find it. So it was it's a sweet moment. I don't know why I act like it was gonna be a heavy story. It's actually very sweet, but I guess because I haven't talked about it, and it's weird and it's such a small moment. But it's like we're saying the brush against the arm, like it's such a weird little moment that I haven't said that. It's not. It's not heavy. It's just one of those things that happened. And yeah, we were crying, laughing, and each we kept in earnest. We kept trying that wine, and it was there's a reason why people don't make their own wine.
Speaker 1: No, it seems incredibly complicated.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could believe I made my own beer, but I can't believe. I stood there and listened to this woman, talk to me about her cat, talk to me about her homemade wine. In the moment, going hmmmm, like tell me more about the process, not realizing until later like f you you can't make your own wine? Who do you think you are? Can we you?
Speaker 1: You a ghost story?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Please, I've got a ghost story for you. From a listener of the show named Ashley. Hey, Ashley, okay. Ashley sends me an email ghosted by ras at gmail dot com. Ashley writes, this story isn't as spooky, but I thought I would throw it in as a warm up.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I was staying over at my aunt's house. We were in her basement watching movies and we fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night on the couch and as I went to turn over, my aunt's cat jumped on me. The spooky thing is her cat just passed away, not that long ago.
Speaker 2: Dun dunoo.
Speaker 3: She also writes, I used to live in an old ass house with my dad. It was creepy a f it came with a dirt basement. I refused to go down there. The basement gave me a bad vibe. One day, my friend dropped me off after a day of shopping, she asked to use the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I said, of course.
Speaker 3: She went to use the bathroom and I dropped off my shopping bags in my room. It was just us two in the house. As I was leaving my room, I see someone walk by me out of the corner of my eye. I assumed it was my friends. I turned the corner and my friend was coming out of the bathroom. I screamed. My friend scared the crap out of me because I swear I saw her in the corner. My eye going the other direction and it wasn't my friend. Then who did I see?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the last one still from Ashley.
Speaker 2: Wait what did they have to do with the basement?
Speaker 3: Just because the basements it's just to the houses. Now this story is still in that creepy ass house.
Speaker 1: This next one with the dirt basement. It was around midnight.
Speaker 2: Please let a killing happen in the basement.
Speaker 1: This one really creeps me out.
Speaker 2: Oh she's building this is the best one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was around midnight. I was home alone. My dad worked nights. As I turned everything off, I got in my bed to go to sleep. My eyes were closed, my hair was kind of half in my face. I'm thinking of I'm literally thinking of the re enactment as I'm like reading those you're producing the show.
Speaker 1: I am god. I want to be a producer of celebrity ghost stories.
Speaker 3: So about the hair on my face didn't bug me, but I must have bugged the ghost.
Speaker 1: The next thing I know, someone was moving my hair behind my ears. Oh no, I jumped out of bed so fast and turn on the light. No one was there. Of course I slept with the lights on that night. That is scary. Yeah, I don't want a ghost like taking my touching my hair.
Speaker 2: Oh I hate an intimate ghost. I mean that could be like a sensual ghost.
Speaker 3: I've been thinking lately, like hair is so gross, Like just the concept. It's like, Yeah, I grew this out of my head. You want to run your fingers through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I grew this out of my head. You want to have a whole industry based around it, products to put in it?
Speaker 3: You want this grew this out of my head? You want me to make a locket and give it to you. Like that's so gross. It's literally like a thing that came out of us.
Speaker 2: Now that I think about it, I wish a ghost would be sensual with me. You know, I wish I had a nighttime ghost that just visited me every night.
Speaker 1: I might have one for you.
Speaker 3: Actually, really, we do a little segment here where I like to go to eBay and look for ghosts that are currently for sale.
Speaker 2: Ghosts for sale.
Speaker 3: People sell haunted dolls and haunted objects. I'm seeing in your eyes that you're going I was kidding, but I don't actually want one.
Speaker 2: I kind of do.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm just one.
Speaker 2: Blown away by this category that exists on the internet.
Speaker 1: I picked one for you today.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 3: I'm curious if you're interested, maybe a Christmas gift?
Speaker 1: This right here is Cheesers.
Speaker 2: Is this my new boyfriend? Cheesers.
Speaker 1: Cheesers is a clown doll?
Speaker 3: Now, what I appreciate about Cheesers' profile is that Cheesers is giving you poses.
Speaker 1: Honey.
Speaker 3: There are pictures in all different poses. This is showing you a little bit of personality in this picture.
Speaker 2: Poses are I mean, they're all terrible and oh god.
Speaker 1: I like this one. This one.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you know this reference. It's very like a chorus line dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah that move, yes, but pointed jazz since hands are out, the poses do soften the god.
Speaker 3: I take it back. I take it back on the toes. That's a d answer for you.
Speaker 2: The fact that Cheesers is in the corner with one hand behind and one hand in front and the toe point. It's almost like I'm going to distract you with my jazzy moves. But I'm creepy and my eyes are hollow, and my mouth is open and my tongue is out a little bit, and I'm going to get you from this corner. Cheesers. He's gonna get me with that little ghost tongue.
Speaker 3: Cheesers comes with a biography. Okay, Currently Cheesers is there's a bidding war.
Speaker 1: Don't be reading.
Speaker 3: Cheesers is currently going for one hundred and two dollars and fifty says, what.
Speaker 2: A world where there can be a bidding?
Speaker 1: More on twenty five?
Speaker 2: What a world we live in?
Speaker 3: Twenty five bids on cheeser Cheezers, sorry plural, It's not just one cheeser, this is many cheesers.
Speaker 1: Here's the biography that comes with Cheesers.
Speaker 2: Real quick before you get in the big Yeah, how big does cheesers look? I'm my guess is doll size. But do you think it's smaller or bigger than a regular doll size?
Speaker 1: Oh, because that's kind of Poultergeist right like yeah, big, Wait a second, it's.
Speaker 2: Not like sex doll size. I bet it's. It looks regular doll size.
Speaker 1: Let's see here.
Speaker 2: So there's I want to picture his size before I hear.
Speaker 3: More hours Right now, it says twenty inches in length.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, just a little doll size. I'll take the twenty cheesers.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let me read you with cheesers. What it says about cheesers. This is not novelty or any sort of a toy.
Speaker 1: No, it is not to be left around elderly folks, pets, or kids.
Speaker 3: We believe this demon is responsible for eating a whole iguana. One iguana disappeared from out of my terrarium. Ever since we got this doll, we agreed to try it out for a kick and a few laps. We invited some people over last Halloween. We put the doll on the table while we tried to communicate with it through a spirit board. This is how we figured out that the spirit or entity goes by the name Cheesers, or that's what it wants to be called. There were eleven of us in are. After twenty more minutes of talking to Cheesers, there were only three of us left. Two of the girls began screaming and said it felt like their legs were on fire. They both jumped up, screaming and ran out, slapping their thighs violently. One of them busted my lamp. Then another lamp fell over. After it had been quiet for a couple of minutes. When we asked Cheesers to tell us where he came from, the word hell was communicated through the board, But shortly after we all noticed the word hell it also it also appeared on my friend's drinking glass. It was like it was written in the condensation. This scared the rest of them away and basically ended the session. The remaining three of us have continued to monitor Cheesers with various equipment. Okay says, only yesterday I noticed that Cheesers moved on his own.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of stuff here.
Speaker 3: We give him offerings like raisins, peaches, and slices of pineapple.
Speaker 2: He's a demon from hell. You think you're gonna make him offering and change his mind?
Speaker 1: That's really, he doesn't like fruit. He wants iguanas.
Speaker 2: He wants feed him iguanas. Well.
Speaker 3: There's one last thing here. It says one of the iguanas is missing. Don't really know what to say about that. We looked everywhere, even outside. We don't know for sure, but I got a feeling that the iguana was eaten by this doll. Demons love reptiles ever since time in Memoriam. I don't know what that means. It's something you and I would never understand, maybe until we tried it.
Speaker 1: Be real careful. This is for real demon collectors only.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So as far as I know, you're not a demon collector, so maybe this is not the one for you.
Speaker 1: Do you have any iguanas?
Speaker 2: I mean, so many questions. I could get iguanas to keep cheesers happy, right, you know? Do I want to have a little hellish figure around and feel like my leg is burning? It sounds like drama, bit of drama.
Speaker 1: It sounds like drama, A bit of an intang you know.
Speaker 2: And why? I mean, why would anyone want to have cheesers from hell?
Speaker 1: I can tell you currently twenty five people.
Speaker 2: They want to give cheesers a world. They say we got to handle on this cheesers.
Speaker 1: They go, we got a couple of iguanas run.
Speaker 2: We want a bit of hell in our lives.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 3: I saw a documentary not the onlygoing YouTube about I think it was in Florida, like an area where there's way too many iguanas and people like hunt them, which made me sad.
Speaker 2: But whatever, let cheesers have his way take cheesers.
Speaker 3: The state of California of Florida should just purchase cheesers as an official, like state employee. I want to listen to some ghost voices with you, yes, please, and you can't look okay because this is a game.
Speaker 2: Okay, and.
Speaker 1: She no, don't cheat.
Speaker 3: It's hard for ev.
Speaker 1: Or ev please. Do you remember what the term EVP means?
Speaker 2: Electronic voice two for three.
Speaker 1: Think of a P but not sounding like a pah.
Speaker 4: Random electronic voice voice phantoms that would actually be good.
Speaker 1: It's phenomenal phenomena.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what I do is I go to YouTube and I find electronic voice phenomenal and both of these are from the same YouTube page. It's called tp A evan and it's Team Paranormal Australia.
Speaker 1: These locations are unknown.
Speaker 2: We should send cheesers to Australia.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: This is so I apologize to the people that cover for paranormal stuff. Just give me one more second. I have to bring up something else. They're my second favorite TV show after Celebrity Ghost Stories. There is a show that I found on Amazon Prime called ghost No Snake Boss. It is the most charming woman I've ever seen on a television screen. No offense, No, I'm sorry, No sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have even started that sentence in a reality show. I'm not in a reality show.
Speaker 2: I'm not charming. I'm annoying in the But you like me anyway.
Speaker 1: No that's not true. And I don't like you.
Speaker 2: You're annoying and I don't like you anyway.
Speaker 3: This woman and in Australia. Her job is to catch giant snakes that are in people's yards.
Speaker 2: This sounds good.
Speaker 3: She drives around a motorcycle. Her boyfriend is in the sidecar. Her day job is she does puppet shows at at kindergartens, so she will be doing puppet shows really rings and she's like.
Speaker 1: A thirty foot on the roof. I'll be right there. I can't do accents. I'll be right there.
Speaker 3: Sorry, kids, I gotta go catch and then cuts to her on a roof with chunky heels.
Speaker 1: Taking a python off of somebody's roof.
Speaker 2: She wears a chunky heels.
Speaker 1: She's iconic.
Speaker 2: Wow, what happens to all the bringing it back to paranormal? What happens to all the snakes somewhere else? To snake spirits?
Speaker 3: I was just talking about those. Yeah, I'm trying to figure that out.
Speaker 2: Animal spirits, well, because we know.
Speaker 3: We just heard a story from Ashley that there's you know, cats, I've heard so many cats and dog stories.
Speaker 1: The thought of a snake ghost is my biggest fear in life. I hate saying, yeah, I guess the dolls. Now I'm talking myself into the dolls. It makes sense.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess if you study paranormal, you're like, duh, I think about this every day. I don't think about it every day. But a doll is a representation, so it becomes a vessel for the spirit to come in.
Speaker 3: I mean, anything can be haunted, allegedly, that's what people say.
Speaker 2: That's true. We're just humans. So we yeah, why okay, why dolls?
Speaker 3: I got into a whole conversation the other day with someone about haunted sex toys, which apparently is a thing too.
Speaker 2: Way into it. I'm the paranormal world. You're like, please, I've had that conversation and.
Speaker 1: I am in too deep.
Speaker 3: No, but I think that sometimes when you talk about the stuff every single day, I really actually enjoy talking to people that don't talk about it every day because sometimes their input is so like I wouldn't have even thought of it that way. I think it's great to hear every because the truth is, nobody knows the truth about any of this ship So.
Speaker 1: Anyway, okay, back.
Speaker 3: To e VP's or ev Police, So we know these are both in Australia. This was kind of a compilation video and it didn't say what the exact locations are in Australia. But tell me what this ghost is saying.
Speaker 2: I want?
Speaker 1: And he guesses.
Speaker 2: That's my life, that's my life.
Speaker 3: I guess that could be Okay, well that's that's what they thought, So I'll give you some options.
Speaker 1: Don't look is it A not really?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is it B? I'm cheesers?
Speaker 2: Is it C?
Speaker 1: I'll do anything or D let's hear it again, Twilight House, Twilight Twilight.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think my guesses are better than theirs, but it has to be one of these because this is what they believe that.
Speaker 1: You want your options again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, A, not.
Speaker 3: Really, B, I'm cheesers, C, I'll do anything, or D.
Speaker 2: What's the content next of this? Was it like?
Speaker 1: The context is, here's an EVP? Tell me which I guess they believe.
Speaker 3: It's a not really? All right, let me play it again, Mary Lynn? No, never, Well it's Australian accent.
Speaker 1: Can you do another?
Speaker 2: Listen with the accent? One more time? Listen?
Speaker 1: Can you do in Australia?
Speaker 2: No? I can't.
Speaker 1: You are so funny.
Speaker 2: Mary, I'm really mad about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the second one.
Speaker 2: Why are they going to break through and give us something to hear that? Why would it say not really?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just like a sarcastic ghost.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think there actually is somewhere on here context, but I don't know, right right, I hear, I hear?
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the next one. What is this ghost saying?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wait, that is like a screech. Wait, that's not what we're listening for there's a different voice. It's just a background noise.
Speaker 2: That one was scary.
Speaker 1: She rock.
Speaker 2: Hear us here us.
Speaker 1: That's good. I kind of hear you as like that Patriots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, is it a Steven?
Speaker 2: I mean that, you know, be leave us?
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's like the kool Aid Man because once he ran out of koolaid and died and became a gust or.
Speaker 1: Is it d it's me again? Cheese there? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Stop trying to dominate in this hell. This is a different hell, wrong hell. And I still think the first one is I think it's cheesers. But cheesers is going.
Speaker 1: Okay, so from those leave us, we're getting cheesy. Do you have a guess from the ones I just gave you leave us? No, but that's not one.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, yeah, that is what they Okay, because you said hear us close, they want so you say b leave us.
Speaker 1: That's what they said.
Speaker 2: I believe it now. I'm scared because I really heard it.
Speaker 1: But really it is a scary. Boy, if you didn't hear.
Speaker 2: Anything, it's really scary.
Speaker 1: Let me put on. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I don't like that either. I just got legit chills. I didn't like that my guests matched their guests because the first one was like ha ha ha and this one was like felt real yeah, real. I don't like the trajectory of that sound house over you.
Speaker 3: Let's do one last thing real quick, because I know you're very busy. I want to get you out of here. I'm just gonna list of some paranormal stuff. I want to know if you believe in it, if you have a story. Maybe I don't know anything, Jesus, Jesus. Okay, what do you think about like synchronicities. Do you like look into that as if it's a paranormal thing. It's kind of a broad Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: You know, just like we were everything's meant to be, or like it was so strange that I did this, I met this person at this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe in synchronicities. I think they're sort of otherworldly. You gotta believe in something, do you have You gotta believe that stuff comes into a plack into place sometimes. Yeah, And I do believe the synchronicities. And I'm just thinking out loud, is you're emitting a certain energy, You're choosing your path for your life. And what you're putting out, you're getting stuff back, and there's a power to that.
Speaker 1: Well. I was just talking to someone lately recently.
Speaker 2: That either matches your energy or challenges your energy.
Speaker 3: I was talking to someone recently about like a band, for example, a band in like some small town in New Jersey or whatever.
Speaker 1: How the hell did all those people find each other?
Speaker 3: That's a great same time they happen to be available.
Speaker 1: They weren't in other bands.
Speaker 2: And what you create when you put these different energies together.
Speaker 1: It's so strange that they find each other like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you have any stories of things in your life where you're like it just worked out, like it just happened and it seems like it was beyond me.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I'm sure you do.
Speaker 1: Well. Yeah, but I'm just putting you on the spot now.
Speaker 2: No, now that you're asking that way, I kind of I'm I think maybe I really believe in that, because I think life, the nature of life is sort of like that in general. If I look back at everything that happened, I mean, even me. Oh wait, I feel like I may have told you this last time I was here, but I just popped back into my head I was working at a waiting tables in Detroit, and I was going to San Francisco before I came here. And you know, the way I grew up, you're not supposed to leave home. It just wasn't I didn't have In other words, I didn't have any plans to do this. I didn't have any reason to do this. I didn't have any I wasn't equipped to come here and get into acting. And I was going to go to San Francisco, to the sister school of my art school, just because I felt something inside. I was like, I gotta go, I gotta go be there. This lady I was waiting table, she grabbed my arm. She had really long fingernails, and she said, everything will work out. You're going to meet your people there. Don't worry. She could feel my anxiety and she matched it with note. She said, you have a big move coming up, and I said yeah. She said, don't worry about it. You're doing the right thing. Because where I was in my life there was I wasn't supposed to do that. And the way that she said that, you know, I went to art school and I met a bunch of people. Those weren't my people. It wasn't until I met this comedy that I really so it was quite a ways down the road. I loved being in San Francisco and being in art school, so it was already sort of coming true. But it wasn't until I moved to La that it really things fell into place with where I was supposed to be. And I would have never done that had I not taken this leap faith into the unknown that was confirmed by a complete stranger through psychic channels.
Speaker 1: That's what I think about psychics A lot of the time.
Speaker 3: I think, don't go to them for all the answers, but like, unless you want do whatever you want with your life, you know.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying for me. When I'm like should I do this thing or whatever.
Speaker 3: And then one of my psychic friends or I go to whatever, they're like, you should do that thing, that's when I'm like, oh, that's how did you even know that I was considering doing this thing?
Speaker 1: It's so specific and so weird, and that just like confirms that I should do this because you're like an outside You're not a part of this right all.
Speaker 2: Or mine was a complete stranger. I just was walking past her table.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine you would have pulled out pepper spread. What would have happened that?
Speaker 3: No, thank god he didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Thank God or whoever, whoever think Jesus but cheesus.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that was a great answer. I was going to ask you a lot more, but let's just do like one or two. What do you think about Bigfoot?
Speaker 2: I'm over Bigfoot?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why he.
Speaker 2: That's not real?
Speaker 1: You don't think so?
Speaker 2: Maybe he is.
Speaker 1: There's people that believe Bigfoot's real.
Speaker 2: Really I wanted to be over Bigfoot, but in my heart, I'm not. I tried to take a stand against him because I'm tired of all these things like just show yourself.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, but it's like coming out, you know, lifetime. Some people, I don't think Bigfoot's ready.
Speaker 2: But Bigfoot has been around for decades.
Speaker 1: I think that Bigfoot has tested the water.
Speaker 2: And did he start up the seventies.
Speaker 3: I can tell you from my own queer personal experience. When I was real young, it was like what if I was by wouldn't that be crazy? Like you like kind of throw out these little feelers and then you see how people feel about it, or like, wouldn't it be crazy if I like wore girls clothes, you pull up feelers like this. I think that's what Bigfoot did. I think in like the sixties, Bigfoot was like if I just like walked in front of that camera, would people be cool with it? And people people were not. Well, But I don't think that she realized she was going to be a star in that moment, because then everybody wanted a piece of Bigfoot and she was just like, I thought this would be like cool, and actually it's it's more like fame, I think is really what it is.
Speaker 2: She's also thinking Chewbacca to go over the spotlight from me.
Speaker 1: She probably was like I did this before, Like she's still.
Speaker 2: In my e this is real. It's not a costume.
Speaker 3: Chbacca still my acts. Chebacca did not do it the way I did. I didn't even have to make any noises or talk or do anything.
Speaker 2: Chbacco carries a gun. I don't believe in that.
Speaker 1: She's got two guns right here. Yeah, she is a she from what a lot of people say.
Speaker 2: She's she lives in the woods.
Speaker 1: Based on that famous video. Oh wait, since you're such a good sport and I'm not trying to take advantage of you, because I want you to leave.
Speaker 3: I mean, I want you to you to go and do other things, but I just want to tell you one last quick thing. Well, I got you here. Somebody sent me this. Wait, let me make sure I have who sent me this. This was sent to me on This was sent to me by shit Oh Kindra, Kindra sent me this. And it is a person on TikTok named Joe Saiyah Worley and they live in a haunted apartment. Try to explain this one to me.
Speaker 6: I will say, I'm stupid for drinking. That knife fell out of that little fucking knick container thing.
Speaker 3: The knife just did a flip and stuck the landing out of the knife holder.
Speaker 2: I'll say. His reaction is pretty No.
Speaker 6: Is this all because, dude, this is getting dangerous. Bro, You're gonna cut yourself. You need to be careful.
Speaker 2: Is he talking to the ghost?
Speaker 1: I think he's talking to the.
Speaker 6: Actually, I'm just happened right in front of my fucking face, fucking ship.
Speaker 3: No, but he lives up the thing and you can see it's not like rig there's no strings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a regular old fucking.
Speaker 1: I don't know how he would have done this. No, I just want I'm not even so that's pretty much the biggest way. Let's just see that clip again. That was impressive.
Speaker 3: I want to edit a video of this with like judges of like gymnastics, because that was a really good.
Speaker 1: Stuck the landing.
Speaker 2: Stuck the landing. The way it comes out of there is creepy too.
Speaker 1: It's where it does.
Speaker 2: It does a very weird, graceful, specific powerful.
Speaker 3: It does like yeah, like, yeah, I hate that.
Speaker 1: That's real. Huh. I think it's real.
Speaker 3: He has other videos, and it's funny because I was watching his other videos. If you want to check for yourself, it's called Josiah Warley w O R L E y on TikTok And yeah, he has like a ton of different things. It's very Poltark apartment as far as I can tell. Yeah, And and I've seen people comment like how come it only happens when you're filming, But like, I don't know. I think that stuff is starting to happen and then he films it and then it's like great, Maybe it's the tail end of things that have been happening.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it's creepy.
Speaker 3: And knives like if it can do that. It could check one of those at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Carrie.
Speaker 1: Do you remember her mom?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's some cheeses stuff, Jesus cheesers. I keep calling them Jesus Jesus.
Speaker 1: Well Mary, Mary, mother.
Speaker 2: Of Jesus, Mother of Jesus, Mary Lynn, Rice Cub, Rice Cub.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for doing that.
Speaker 2: We've done it again.
Speaker 3: We did it again. I so appreciate it. Tell people where to find you and what you got going on.
Speaker 2: Hey, find me on Instagram.
Speaker 1: You have a great Instagram.
Speaker 2: I've just started, not just started. It's been a little while, but I'm posting clips and it's been really exciting.
Speaker 1: Are you touring and stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be touring. Don't ask me where and when I'm booking new new dates now. I did a Christmas movie with Ludacris and Lil Reill that's out next year. But I was why do I don't know? It was so fun though. That's where the blonde blonde hair started on that movie.
Speaker 1: Fine, I think it's I.
Speaker 2: Think they're changing the name. It's called Holly or Dashing through the Snow or something. But I play a.
Speaker 1: Bad guy, you do, Are they the good guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How is Ludacrez amazing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my favorite.
Speaker 1: Wow, so cool that.
Speaker 2: But I had to shift a bunch of road dates around because of that, which is, you know, a good problem to have, but it's also scary because now I got to get all my road dates back and hopefully it'll all line up and people will come out. But go to my Instagram. Yeah, check it out, check my dates, come out and see me.
Speaker 1: Well, you're one of my favorite comedians.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I just have one more things. Just tell you, Shira.
Speaker 2: He's saying, Shira, leave us, mary Lynn, goodbye, leave us bye. I'll miss you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much to Mary Lynn. Check out her book, check her out on the road.
Speaker 1: She kills me.
Speaker 3: I love her so much. Okay, next week, no episode. Please enjoy your holidays. I love you guys. You're amazing. I'm so excited to start off twenty twenty three and move up the ranks to maybe the number seven spot, the number seven best comedy podcast of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 3: I'm going for it. I'm feeling big, big things for twenty twenty three for this, and I'm not kidding when I say this. It's gonna be a huge The biggest year yet for ghost and I promise you that Patreon still exists Patreon dot com, slash ros dressful us. There will be some new stuff for the remainder of twenty twenty two and all that good stuff you could check out from the past few years. There link in the description my Instagram. It is at Roz Hernandez. I do have a TikTok. I do have a Twitter. It's at It's Raz Hernandez. Please rate this show five stars on Spotify, Apple Podcasts wherever you do that. Leave a ghost story in a five star review, write it out all nice and neat for me, and then I'll read it on the show. And if you want to be on a listener episode of the podcast, email Ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. Subject line listener episode with some nice bullet points of your stories and we'll see what has happens.
Speaker 1: I love you all, both living and dead.
Speaker 3: But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye.
Speaker 4: Star means a podcast network,