Speaker 1: Welcome into Bucks Insider, coming to you from the Bucks Studio, presented by ticketmaster Casey Phillips, here with Senior writer and editor Scott Smith and staff writer Breed Dix. And we had a Bucks win to talk about. It's Thanksgiving week. We have plenty to be thankful for this week, for very handy and I'm sure just in general, going to do Thanksgiving dinner with friends and family. A lot more fun coming off of a win for everyone involved on this team. So excited to talk about so many things, And one is there were big plays in this game, something that I think we'd been lacking a little bit in the games before. So Scott tell us a little bit about especially this explosive plays that we saw really come to life.
Speaker 2: And I think we talked about it last week. You weren't here because you left us and you missed stranded, you miss paced so much. But I think we talked about the fact that in the previous two games before the bye, the Bucks had really lacked explosive plays. And we all rightfully credited both Liam Cohen and Baker Mayfield for keeping the offense moving pretty decently after the injuries to Mike Evans and Chris Gotwin, but what was missing was explosive plays, and Baker Mayfil himself talked about it. So it's hard to score like you want to score when every drive has to be methodical. You know. We saw in the first in at the opening of the Giants game, we saw a methodical fourteen play eight and a half minute drive. That was great, but you're not going to get a million of those games. You need some explosive plays to cut the field in half and get some shorter drives and score some more points. Because of those methodical drives, you can always make one mistake and kill it. Well. In the two games before the bye, the Buccaneers had zero plays of twenty or more yards zero and they've been averaging for a little more than four of them per game leading up to that, so that was clearly a problem yep, and the points were slowly going down well. In this game, Mike Evans being back definitely had something to do with it, but the Buccaneers had six plays of twenty or more yards and five of those were receptions by five different players. After the San Francisco game, we talked about how that was the difference. The Bucks couldn't get explosive plays, and the forty nine ers had I think five different players have an explosive play, and that's like the ideal, and that's what the Buckeer's got in that game. And so you know, they got five different guys catching passes. And then plus I think you saw in one of these clips here just a few seconds ago, obviously Bucky Everring had that fifty six yard run. So six explosive plays totally made the difference. That's why the Bucks got back to scoring thirty points in the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's it's so true because not only is it I love it, it's not just explosive plays, but to so many different people. Right you talked about it was all those passes were to five different people. They also just threw passes to eleven different people. That is incredible. And on our show Monday with Chris Godwin on and he was like, I don't think I knew we had eleven eligible receivers.
Speaker 2: We had twelve. Yeah, ko Keift was the only said they were like, actually there were thirteen because Vitavea was eligible for two.
Speaker 1: Plays, which again I'm very upset both Co and Vita didn't get a pass I need.
Speaker 3: Now we're spoiled. We have gotten to witness that.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll try to make sure you get to waste one on your type because it's majestic and wonderful. Yeah, eleven different people caught a pass, and then of course that also leads into four different people scored a rushing touchdown, which has never happened, which has never happened in franchise history. And also we already have more rushing touchdowns than we had all of last Sea.
Speaker 3: Three more, yeah, a lot more.
Speaker 2: There's six games to go.
Speaker 1: It wasn't very long before we were going to surpass that total. But I just felt like, as much as you talked about the explosive plays, I was like, man, I want to talk about this run game a little bit, because, for one thing, the Giant strength was their defensive line and their defensive front, guys like Brian Burns, guys like Dexter Lawrence in there, that that was going to be the strength of their team. And for the first time, I mean in franchise history, I have all these different players rush for a touchdown. And then also the team overall rushed for one hundred and fifty six yards as a team, which is the third most in the game this season, and we have at least one hundred rushing yards in eight of our eleven games, only had six games over that last year. And then this is the stat that I think is the most exciting when you just look at the rushing game so far this year for us, we're sixth in the lead in yards per attempt.
Speaker 3: That was not the stat the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Last yes, last, dead last.
Speaker 1: Dead last the last few years. To go from that to sixth is incredible. And I think that, of course we have to give credit to guys like Bucky. We saw his big, you know run that he had, and of course maybe even credit to Baker for his blood game than that. But really, of course we have to give the offensive line so much credit, and I know we've done that a few times recently, but especially this week, and I love that Coach Bowles mentioned it both in his press conference and my show of just what a great job those guys are doing, and he specifically shouted out Graham Barton and Cody Mauch that he said, you forget their first and second year players. They've helped us from a strength, attitude and intelligence standpoint and then he said, Cody goes more unnoticed.
Speaker 3: You know, he talked about how everybody loves to talk about.
Speaker 1: Tristan and Luke and even Graham is a rookie, he's like Cody kind of we don't talk about him as much. But he was come out he's done an incredible job and that he's put on some weight, improved his technique and isn't getting pushed back like he was some last year. And then he said Graham is playing like a two or three year guy in terms of making the calls at the line. I think that's definitely something that fans don't always know to appreciate, is how much weight are you taking off of Baker? How much are you also then communicating to the rest of the line, And that for rookie centers sometimes you don't even ask them to do that very much if you don't trust them to do it or believe in it. And I remember even hearing, you know, when Jason Kelsey retired from the Eagles that all of sudden, Jalen Hurts was having to do all of that, and it was like he was talking about, like, WHOA, this is a load on me that I hadn't been having to do. So the more your rookie center can already be doing in that area, that's a great sign for moving forward and what that's going to mean. And then, of course, also Justin School a great job in Tristan's wake that I know that you know, we had wondered how that was going to go, because especially when he had to come in in the Lion's game and go against Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 3: That's rough for anybody. So I think this was a great sign.
Speaker 1: Have seen that again against a good defensive front that the Giants have, that School hung in there really tough. You didn't notice, and that's the goal of an offensive lineman is to kind of not notice them.
Speaker 2: Remember when Tristan Wurz was switching from right tackle to left tackle and everybody, including him, talked about how that could be a really hard transition. Think about the fact that a swing tackle in the NFL, like justin School, has to know how to play Bowl week at any point, and he has and he's played. The Detroit game was tough, as you said, but since then he's really filled in nicely. In four other starts on both sides. That can't be easy. And also we didn't plan this, but I ran across Jason Light this morning as I was coming into the building, and I talked about the fact that i'd heard that before the game on Sunday, he predicted that our offensive line was going to have a great game and specifically mentioned Ben Brettison going back to play the Giants. And I thought, that's a really bold prediction to make in this game, because, as we talked about last week, the Giant's main strength is their pass rush. That's their best thing. They were leading the league in sacks for pass play, and they got no sacks and two quarterback hits and Dexter Lawrence was mostly a non factor. And he was just raving about the fact that Ben Brettison was like a Shack Bearratt type of signing and that you got him at a very reasonable cost and then he's made a huge impact.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: And then of course we talked about the Giants the defensive front being their strength. Our defensive front was one of our strengths in this game. One hundred percent. I think we did what they wished they could have done. Vita and Calija just this little one two punch out there, tell us I mean, we all saw they were doing amazing things. But tell us what you noticed about their production, what they ended up meeting to this defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, big day overall war the Bucks past rush. Four players got sacks.
Speaker 4: She mentioned Clydia Kanty Vitavea, and then Anchwine, Winfo Junior and Anthony Nelson. But Clydeija Kancy vidave and they have a combined eleven sacks, and they've laughed that they're both trying to one up each other.
Speaker 3: They're both battling to get double digit sacks.
Speaker 4: But I think you just see how they compliment on each other each other.
Speaker 3: They're playing at an elite level.
Speaker 4: You have Vitavea that has that raw power, is able to drive blockers back, and then you have Callijah.
Speaker 3: That coming out of Pitt.
Speaker 4: The big thing with him was that explosive first step, the quickness, the change of direction, and you're seeing the fruition of that. But then you have guys like Anthony Nelson that it seems like every single time he's put in there, he's making an impact whatever seb package it is. And then even just on I mean, Todd Bowles was relentless and bringing pressure on Tommy DeVito, who only had three completions in the entire first half. They totaled forty five yards, which was the least amount of the Bucks have given up in his single half this season. So you're just starting to see all of those elements I think come into play, and that starts with their ability to get push in the interior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I just think it was such a big game for the defense overall. Hold them to forty five yards in the first half, that's unbelievable, and I just feel like we saw kind of all the levels working well together. And of course, like you said, it helps that they're getting that push. They're not let them have all day to sit back there and throw. It helps everybody.
Speaker 2: Producer Cody, can can we do requests? I don't know if you can do requests.
Speaker 3: Like are calling in a phrom you play?
Speaker 2: Can you play that Beata Veasak again? I don't know how easy that is to just call up on the spot. I would love to see that again and comment on it.
Speaker 3: That's true. It was one of the most incredible things for me.
Speaker 2: It's it's not nice what he did to that person.
Speaker 1: He makes it look like he's playing you know, with like kids sports, they have like the age and weight divisions.
Speaker 3: He looks that.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's the kid playing down in age or weight class.
Speaker 3: Ye, that's like, hey, let's check his birth certificate out here with these guys.
Speaker 2: Like thanks, Cody Bullet. It was funny because that's that's the play. Obviously the collide was talking about when he spoke to the media on Monday, and he said, it's like, he's not mean, He's he's in the huddle before the play, laughing and making jokes. He's like, he's not pissed off, like and then he goes out and he does that to a grown man, What would he look like?
Speaker 3: Not angry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that highlights that.
Speaker 3: Was pretty incredible. Well, we uh, I know that.
Speaker 1: We talked about how the bye week was very well timed for it seems like a reset some injury recoveries. It was great to have Mike Evans back out there and Jamel Dean back out there. But of course now we have some other new injuries things to look back at and to see who might be coming back win.
Speaker 3: So we don't because we're shooting this.
Speaker 1: Wednesday morning, we don't have an injury report yet, but what are you going to be keeping an eye on going into this game.
Speaker 4: Well, so it's expected that Jordan Whitehead's gonna miss extended time with that pectoral injury. We still don't know kind of the full diagnosis of that yet. Todd Bowles is going to give us more on that today, but he did confirm that Joe Tryon Shoyinka has his brained ankle. We're not sure if the severity of that or how much time he's going to miss. And then Baker Mayfield exited the game briefly with that next stinger, but of course Baker immediately.
Speaker 3: Came back in.
Speaker 4: And then Tristan Wurf's last week with that foot knee injury, did a little bit practice in a limited fashion, a little bit with the second team, So we'll see kind of how he's able to progress what he does this week, along with Tykee Smith with the knee injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what Tristan does in practice. It was good news they was on in the practice student all last week, but he wasn't taking a lot of team drill snips and a lot of first team snaps, and so that was a good indication that they didn't expect him to be able to play, but I bet you he's close.
Speaker 1: I also feel like of the injuries that have happened, we have to be really reassured by the fact that, Okay, so Tristan depends on when he comes back and what level he's at.
Speaker 3: I mean, just in school did really well.
Speaker 1: And then the timing of Jordan Whitehead missing time and us having signed Mike Edwards pretty incredible on that front. And then Tykee Smith, who's been incredible but man coach has just praised Christianizian so highly. In this league, it is not that common, I think, for a starter and star player to get hurt and it not be an incredibly noticeable.
Speaker 2: Because you don't normally have a backup that's anywhere close.
Speaker 1: And that, to me is what is so interesting about these specific injuries of like, if this is what you're gonna have injury wise at this point, this crucial time in the season, I feel like it's great to know that, like, hey, we have people at each of these spots that we feel really good about. So now let's get into some Bucks trivia. Brie, give us our question for everyone to answer.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, last week I read one that you would have known you did that on purpose.
Speaker 1: He didn't believe, which means I'm not going to know the day I've already I've already accepted it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Mike Evans had two hundred and seven receiving yards against the Panthers on January first, twenty twenty three. But he's not the only Buccaneer with a two hundred yard receiving game against Carolina.
Speaker 3: Who is the other one? Not?
Speaker 1: If I'm not gonna now, I'm like, well, it's obviously nobody obvious.
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe like Carrier or someone.
Speaker 2: That's like uh Mark Carrier last played for the Buccaneers in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought, I don't know, maybe pans did exist.
Speaker 2: The weapons.
Speaker 3: When I try to guess, I just picked an obscure person.
Speaker 2: The thing about Mike is we would love him to have another two hundred yard game against them, Yeah, because he's got that whole I don't think it's foremost on anyone's mind. It would be great if it happened. If he got to a thousand yards for the eleventh straight season. Once he came back, he needed to get ninety five per game, and he got sixty eight against the Panthers because we didn't throw a pass in the fourth quarter, so it was situationally he probably would have gotten there. But now he has to almost exactly get one hundred yards per game down the stretch, which he's capable of, but you don't normally get a hundred, one hundred, one hundred, a hundred. He's going to need one big one or two big games. It'd be nice if it happened.
Speaker 1: Against that would be very handy. I have another guest, but I don't want to say it out loud.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe Vincent Jackson.
Speaker 2: That's a good guess.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's not correct, but that is absolutely good guess.
Speaker 3: This is a good effort. I tried.
Speaker 1: I had to redeem myself after it, but he didn't exist then, so I had to do something else, all right, So milestones were tracking, Oh, I forgot what it was, What is.
Speaker 3: It, Baker? And then uh, yeah, you have your.
Speaker 2: So Baker had finished that game against the Giants with a one oh seven point five passer rating, which is good but not off the charts, right, but think about the fact that he didn't throw a touchdown pass because we kept getting stopped at the one yard land and running in, which is fine, which is fine anyway you get the ball in. They don't care. But he didn't have a touchdown pass and he had a one hundred and some point five passering, So I looked it up. That's the best single game passer rating in Buccaneer's history when you didn't throw a touchdowns, which all that does is show you how unbelievably efficient he was.
Speaker 1: In that game, right, that's amazing, And I love how he keeps doing interesting things with passer ratings of like he.
Speaker 3: Had the Green Bay game with the perfect one. First person to do.
Speaker 1: That in Lambell, Like he's just he keeps finding ways to have unique stats with passer ratings.
Speaker 3: He's like, you know what, whatever takes, I'm gonna get it done.
Speaker 2: The only guys with a pass rating of one oh five are better in a game when they didn't throw a touchdown pass or him, Kurt Warner in the early two thousands and Ben Roethlisberger in like twenty fourteen, and plus he give us all this entertainment.
Speaker 1: He was like, I felt like, especially with Gladiator coming out right now, like.
Speaker 2: He's diving into the end zone. He's blocking fifty yards downfield and love.
Speaker 1: We also talked about this on our show Monday with cameras that we were laughing that he's like, come on, Bucky, this.
Speaker 2: Way, I know where you should run. How about this one? Yeah, the only like ten yards to get that fumble.
Speaker 4: I was laughing because it's like he didn't play quarterback against he just played He did everything.
Speaker 3: It was just he was doing everything running back. You have to love it, and you know it inspires the whole team.
Speaker 1: You know, they're like, if this guy's making these kind of effort plays, if this guy's doing this, and also he's getting a little skirmish on the sideline at one point, Like I just love it.
Speaker 3: This was definitely like a Moxie Swag game.
Speaker 2: He blocked a guy named Flat. The guy's name was Flat.
Speaker 3: It's not great.
Speaker 1: It's not great, all right, So Fantasy watch, what are we looking at for you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So I think now I've said in the past that the Bucks backfield from fantasy purposes is a difficult thing because you just never know. And we ran three guys. I think now is the time that it's if you have buckets every but Bucky, everything's on somebody's team in your league. If you have him, you can start playing the week to week every week. Now, I think I think he's a safe play if you look at it. He has over eleven points in seven of the last nine games. And generally, if you if you if you could start a guy and know he's going to give you ten or eleven points, and you're fine with that, and maybe it'll be more, but you know you're gonna get ten or eleven, you're cool. He's had over eleven points in seven of the last nine nine games. In his last six are eighteen point five, sixteen point seven, fifteen point four, six point four, seventeen point seven, and twenty seven point one in this last game. So he's getting it done week after week after week. And now in this last game two things. For the first time all year when both Rashot and Bucky were playing, he had more snaps than Rashod, and he had six targets in the past game to one for Rashat. That's not to say anything negative about Rashot, It's just to say, if you're a fantasy owner of Bucky Irving, those were the hurdles, the hurdles were rashots still getting most of the playing time and Rashod's getting most of the targets. If that's not true anymore, and it's Bucky going forward. This is a high end number two running back in fantasy for.
Speaker 3: That's really interesting.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm planting my flag this week.
Speaker 3: Plant your flag and you can start Buckying. Feel good about it. Yes, I like it. I think all Bucks fans feel good about Bucky right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't even care about fans yea, even just like watching break tackles.
Speaker 3: And hearing Bucky chance all the way.
Speaker 1: Twelve guys, yeah, yeah, all right, So this is time for our human interest segment where we tell you something cool off the field about the team. And we couldn't decide between there were two things, so we're just giving.
Speaker 3: You both of them.
Speaker 1: It's our Thanksgiving gift, yes, thanksgiving that we have so much to be thankful for about the team right now. So, first of all, last night was Turkey Time with the O Line, everyone's favorite event, eighteenth Annual, which.
Speaker 3: Is that's pretty amazing. It has been going on for so long.
Speaker 1: Here's a photo from last night, And of course you have a few non Offensive Linemen out there and loose trademark turkey hat that every year.
Speaker 3: I can't let the found one big enough to fit him. But man, it was incredible to be out there.
Speaker 1: We fed over one thousand meals to people. Yeah, it was wild and these are amazing meals. And you see the turkey there that they're holding, and then I mean they're getting stuffy and cranberry and this and like this.
Speaker 3: Pies, like they get the ten to bacon. Like here's a shot of all the stuff.
Speaker 1: And it's of course thanks to Public's and Tiko as well for all of their things, and then the Offensive Lineman help fund it as well and then are there to help actually deliver the meals to everyone, which was really It.
Speaker 2: Was started by Devin Joseph and Jeremy True Blood in like two thousand and seven, and they must be very.
Speaker 3: Proud that they're this legacy future generations.
Speaker 2: I've kept it going.
Speaker 3: It pretty incredible.
Speaker 1: So since it started, we've fed Thanksgiving meals to more than fourteen thousand, five hundred underserved family YEP, so love that. Wanted to showcase that, but then also wanted to talk about the fact that we did have Chris Godwin on our show that I do with Cambery on Monday. And I know Bucks fans I could tell when I tweeted out he was coming on. The response was like, Oh my gosh, we're so excited to get to hear from him and see how he's doing. And so we just knew we wanted to also throw something about that on here. And first of all, we were so thankful to Chris for being willing to come on. He doesn't have to do that right now. He's got a lot going on trying to rehab. We were so appreciative of him, and it was great we got to hear his insight on the game.
Speaker 3: The team.
Speaker 1: We talked a lot of football things, and then of course we also talked to him about life, his injury, what all that has been like. And I specifically asked him what it was like to see the fan outpouring of support out there, because I told him, you know, I was like, man, most people don't get to really hear what people think of them in this way until you're done that. It's like until you're retired and then you get that moment. But I said you basically, it felt like got to have this moment while you're still doing it that people just felt this need to say what they thought of Chris and talk about him and his family, And I just asked what that was like for him to experience, so take a listen.
Speaker 5: It was like it was really damn cool to see, like you said, people don't you don't typically get like your flowers until like you know, you're done whatever you're doing. But to just see the outpour of support like from Bucks fans, like and also just like fans from across the league, the support was really like I really touched my heart and it really like inspired me a lot, like it had helped me get through those first couple of days, Like, you know, I'm very excited to get back to doing like what I love and like there's no doubt in my mind that I'll be, you know, back at the level that I was at.
Speaker 1: Just very cool to hear him do that, and thanks to all the Bucks fans who showed their support, and we just talked about how he's He said, he's so excited to get back to doing what he loves. And I'd ask him if he learned anything through the ACL injury that could apply to this and He's like, I really learned patience. I learned that you cannot rush this, and I learned you just have to do what you gotta do. It's not a direct linear upward thing. That there's ups and downs and you just have to learn to deal with that. And so I feel like he just seemed like he's in a really good place now. He talked about the first couple of weeks was rough, but now he said, he's in a much better place. And he's got a little scooter he's scooting around on. He's got a basket in the front.
Speaker 3: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: He had like his water and he had like thera gun. It's like, at any point I might need a therapy.
Speaker 3: Well. I was loving that.
Speaker 4: He was talking about his previous scutter was a hand me down from Videvea, and as you would probably imagine, the wheels were not working up and not working yep.
Speaker 1: But I was like, of all things, of all people to accept hand me downs from, probably not, that's not it.
Speaker 3: That's not the person. So twelve years exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like this has already been worn worn hard here, all right, So now let's get into this next game against the Carolina Panthers. You know, I it's so interesting. I love how the NFL you just never know what's gonna happen. You never know what teams are going to be. I think people really wrote the Panthers off, probably weak one, really tough loss to start the year, wrote them off, and of course they bench Bryce Young at some point, and you're like this, I mean, this is a disaster.
Speaker 3: This is terrible. They're imploding. Man.
Speaker 1: I feel like Bucks fans knew how great Dave Canalis is, and especially his attitude and approach to everything in the way that can be infectious to the people around him.
Speaker 3: And I think we're seeing that that.
Speaker 1: Now Bryce Young is back there after Andy Dalton got hurt in that car wreck, he has been playing at a much higher level than those first few weeks. The team is playing better, They've gotten a couple wins, took the Chiefs all the way down to the wire. And so now this game, this next Sunday, I mean, man, we're kind of catching the Panthers at a time that they seem to be feeling pretty.
Speaker 3: Good about themselves.
Speaker 1: And I think it's actually gonna therefore be a matchup where maybe at the start of the year. You think, oh, here we are in basically December, they're gonna have already laid down, They're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have quit. That would have been nice, That would have been handy. We would have appreciated that.
Speaker 1: But it is really cool to see the way that it seems like Dave Canalis's attitude has really gone into that team and they have belief, they still have fight. And then I know Xavier Legett, they just showed him that man, he's coming on. He's coming on strong for sure, and has the best accent in.
Speaker 3: The whole league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the Bryce Young thing, I read up a little bit about it from their local media in the last couple of days just preparing for this game, and what I read a lot of was that Bryce Young. You know, he came in the league as sort of a historic outlier in terms of his size five to ten, but not just five to ten but pretty slight, not like Russell Wilson or Klin Murray are kind of thick. So a lot of problems that quarterbacks of that size have is completing past his intermediate range down the middle, and indeed he absolutely did struggle in that regard as rookie in the first couple of days games this year. But from everything I'm reading, I don't know how Dave Canalis and him have done it, but they've unlocked it and he's actually succeeding over the middle now, which is really a huge step for him. And then also Dave Canalos was raving about his ability to extend plays and then make passes downfield, which was one of the big things in his scouting report coming out of Alabama, that he was a creative guyl like that and can do that. You didn't see it almost any of that as a rookie. I know that they benched him earlier in the year and he only got his job back because of Andy Dilton's injury, and at a time at the time, it kind of looked like this could be the end. I think maybe now the Panthers are looking at going he could still be our long term franchise quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yep, and so bretell us about a couple of these other weapons he has at his disposal that we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have to be keeping an eye on us. Well, it's mostly good.
Speaker 4: They've struggled, as you said, in their thirty first in the league in total offense. But Chuba Hubbard has had an incredible season. He's playing as one of the top five running backs in the league. His eight hundred and seventy six rushing yards ranks fifth in the NFL. And he's a guy that's just kind of tailor made for the outside zone system. He's effective at navigating through traffic, kind of has that downhill prowess. And then Adam Feelin back from the hamstring injury. He made an impact in his first game back. He had a thirty six yard catch and run, and then he had a first down on fourth down late in the game that led to their game tying touchdowns. So, and he's a guy that kind of is a crafty art runner. He's good at manipulating DB's by creating separations. So I think they're going to try and probably work up his workload each week. So those are certainly two guys that the Bucks defense is gonna have.
Speaker 3: To key in them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hubbard does playing well enough. He got a big new contract he tried to bring. They thought Miles Sanders was their big signing and he was going to be their main guy, but Hubbard really has emerged their defense.
Speaker 3: Who are some of the people will have to keep an eye on for them.
Speaker 2: You know, you can't sugarcoat it. We're not here. We know that the Panthers are gonna be very much of a challenge, and we've experienced that year after year, especially in Charlotte. So nobody expects this to be an easy game. But you can't ignore the fact that their defensive numbers are pretty bad, and that's not terribly surprising. They traded away Brian Burns before the season, they lost their next best defensive player, Derek Brown, to injury. They lost their tackle machine, linebacker Shack Thompson to injury. Those guys are out for the year. So it's not a horribly huge surprise that their last in points allowed at thirty point nine last and rushing yards allowed at one sixty point five per game, last and third don rate allowed forty nine point three percent, and no one on that team has more than three sacks. But despite all of that doom and gloom about the Panthers, they do have some impact players on defense, and I would point out jac Horn, the cornerback who was a first round pick and has always been quite good when he's been on the field. He's just been an injured for a lot of career, but he's been healthy this year and he's playing well. A'shawn Robinson, a guy that we remember is Lion for a long time, also played for the Rams and the Giants. He's got three sacks and is doing a good job in the middle. And then Davian Clowney doesn't have the big stats like he had last year with the Ravens, but he's always been an impact player despite the numbers. He's he's very good against the run, and he's he's good at getting pressure, and he's a guy that the Buccaneers will have to worry about.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, before we go to on our mind everybody to vote on the Pro Bowl, send our guys there. We want to watch as many Buccaneers as possible. We got a lot of guys that are deserving of it. Let's be real, look a look at all these people.
Speaker 3: We got pictures.
Speaker 1: So we got Tristan, we got Levante, Baker, Antwine, Mike and and Vita.
Speaker 3: I think he's the one. Squinty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know he's not listed there because you should all shall get your support. His kicker, Chase Mcrats.
Speaker 3: He's just gonna say that that's so funny. Yeah, Chase I feel.
Speaker 2: Like has just been so He's missed one field goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, he missed the extra point this week, but man, the win was the wind was bad.
Speaker 3: No joke there for sure.
Speaker 1: But he has been so reliable, so consistent, and his big leg has helped a ton of like him fifty plus.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could just go into the problem and vote for all the blocks. I wanted to do it. But if you're going to try to big true and really say who should be, don't forget Chase.
Speaker 3: Don't forget him? All right?
Speaker 2: So answer to a question, so, uh, the question was who other than Mike Evans has had a two hundred yard receiving game against Caroline Panthers And answer answer is Antonio Bryant, not Antonio Brown. Antonio Bryant had nine catches for two hundred yards and two touchdowns on December eighth, two thousand and eight, although that was in the game of the Bucks lost thirty eight twenty three, But Antonio Bryant did his show. Antonio Brian that catch is one of my most memorable catches. The one, not that one, but the one in the end zone work catch multiple. Yeah, he he put on a show that whole season. He was sort of a reclamation project that had been with the Cowboys that catch right there, Wow, with the Cowboys in the in the Browns. Yeah, he was kind of a reclamation project when we got him, and he had a huge year, so huge that we gave him the franchise tag. And then he got hurt in two thousand and nine, hardly did anything and never played again.
Speaker 1: But but he had that two hundred yard game.
Speaker 3: Don't forget about that. All right, That's gonna do it for us on this edition of Bucks Insider. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 1: We hope you have a very safe and happy Thanksgiving with all of your friends and family.
Speaker 3: Will see you next week.