Speaker 1: All right, Spencer Burford calf will not practice planning and fouls calf no practice, Perty elbow no practice, Robert Beale ankle no practice, Lennard Floyd's shoulder no practice. Mckivitz knee no practice, Bosa knee no practice, Debo rib slash, wrists no practice, Kittle inkle slash, hamstring no practice, Demo's shoulder no practice, item pelvis no practice, Ricky Purcell illness, chest limited, gy R Brown inkle limited.
Speaker 2: That's it, will you? Yes, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: Have you made a decision on starting quarterback?
Speaker 2: Yes, I guess stops.
Speaker 3: Is that offensive line related?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah? What have you seeing from him and practices this this season?
Speaker 4: Colf, He's been great, him and Brandon, So you know, they've been two good guys have there. You know, I've kind of looked at both of them as are two throughout the year, kind of a little bit what I said in preseason. But they both have done really good looks on scout team, they split all the reps there, They're always ready. I mean, just they both prepare like they're going to be a starter every week. So maybe they've been great.
Speaker 1: You kept Mordecai also on the practice spots. What was it different having four quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Just because we you know, we don't want to lose Stanner and you know it's always tough having for just because of the reps. So I mean that's kind of I mean Nick Molins his first year, I think he was a fourth and you know he got scout team reps at safety until basically his first start. So that does happen. You gotta find ways to get the work in. But uh, he's taken advantage of his time here too.
Speaker 5: It just sort of an opportunity to get a lot of young players reps with the first team in.
Speaker 2: Practice any game.
Speaker 4: Not really, I mean it's you just rosters, aren't bill like that you get to sit five to seven. I mean you can sit seven if you bring up two practice squad guys and you know, just sait there until every guy who's a veteran is going to be the backup.
Speaker 2: And play special teams.
Speaker 4: So I mean there's you know, guys are banged up and stuff like that where they've just been barely get into game day and things like that. You got to be smart with those things and that kind of I wouldn't want to play any of those guys or anything like that, but it's it's not what people think. We don't have rosters like that really anywhere, and you got to balance it out to make sure you got forty eight guys who can play.
Speaker 5: Some of those guys like Deebo and Kittle and Nick is that more? Are you worried about their availability for this speakers?
Speaker 4: Just because it's the short term of from I mean, we're only a day remove, so I think that's why there's a lot more on there than usual. But yeah, I mean with it being a short week and where we're at here being the last game of the season, I mean we're not gonna ask guys to play through some injuries and stuff like that. So I mean none of these are too serious. Some are more serious than others. So hopefully these guys feel better as the week os and you can get into practice tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Girl mentioned that over the course of this season, him and Ricky stayed after to build that chemistry run extra rounds. Is that something that you encourage your young wide receivers to do with their quarterback or is that entirely self motivated.
Speaker 4: I mean it's something I encourage everybody to do. Veterans wide receivers, running backs. You know, if you want to really detail stuff and get really good at your craft, you got to always put in the extra work. There's not especially when you don't get an off season. I mean off seasons where you know you hope that you can get one with the rules, you hope you can get it in OTAs, and you hope you get in training camp. That's really where you develop the muscle memory. In the season, you're kind of just running a few reps, trying to get ready for the looks that are on game day. So if you ever want to like go over extra stuff, it always has to be after. It has to be extra and it gets harder as the season goes because guys do tire out. But I think it's one of the most important things between a quarterback and everyone he throws too. Are there any.
Speaker 5: Reason you kind of got away from the run in the second half.
Speaker 3: Of the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I thought we needed to throw it to win. You know, I think I threw like sixteen times in a row, which I think I didn't plan on doing that, but also didnt plan on having some of those penalties. Got into some second and twenties, got into we had a first and fifteen, then a delayed game that went into a second and twenty, then then we had a two minute drive trying to come back down two scores.
Speaker 2: So I think that's why I got out of hand.
Speaker 4: But you know, our plan going into that game was we knew we were gonna have to throw it a lot more to.
Speaker 2: Win at all.
Speaker 3: Related to new offensive linemen, that teaching the new guys the run game is a little harder than path protection.
Speaker 4: To a degree, but also has to do with how their defense was built. You know, I thought it was easier to get yards throwing the ball than running, and when you're in a game where you feel you got to score every series, you're not going to be as patient with something that. I mean, they're a real good run defense the way they commit to it. You know, I think they were fourth in the league regards to their injuries. They've their style of defense is tough to run the ball against, and when you have some different alignment in there, it's a little tougher to block against. And the combination of that with what I thought we do in the past game, it's gonna take the higher percentage place to attempt to try to score over forty.
Speaker 3: I think in the going into the twenty eighteen finale, you knew that George Kittle was close to that record and you made it a point to get him the ball. Are are there any things that you're kind of aware of going into this game? And if if a guy is close to a milestone, will there will there be somebody in your ear during the game that says, hey, you know, Juwan needs you know, eight more yards to reach a thousand, that sort.
Speaker 4: Of thing like seventy Yeah, people will be in yeah, seventy seven, All right, Okay, keep that down.
Speaker 2: Sure, Jewan will tell me too. But yeah, you love that.
Speaker 4: You always want to do that stuff for guys, especially in a situation where you can think about it like it's insulting to think about it. Just the situation everyone if you're competing for a playoff spot or something like that.
Speaker 2: But always, and you know, I would love to help that out for guys. You got to be somewhat care full of it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I remember last year watching the Rams trying to get Pooka the record, which I know they wanted to get him in and out, so we were doing everything we could to deny him the ball.
Speaker 2: I remember he came to the sidelines on like a one yard game and I told.
Speaker 4: Him, it's like, yeah, Sewn's gonna have to play you to the end of this game because we're not giving you your record, and he just laughed and I laughed at it. But that's you know, we're not playing the next week. So I'd love to help guys do that out.
Speaker 1: Will you assess yourself this offseason how you feel you did compared to other seasons that you've had in the NFL.
Speaker 2: You've been around so long, wondering if that's the process that you would do and if that would be No, I'm not gonna do that this year. Yeah. I do that every day every year, every play, every second.
Speaker 3: So I have another Bobby Turner. But yeah, he's the oldest position coach in the NFL. Uh does he? I know he's very routine oriented.
Speaker 2: He has he changed all this year at Parson Energy is Yeah. I mean he is definitely like a clock.
Speaker 4: But I think he's you know, Bobby had got some surgeries a couple of years ago take care of his knees and stuff like that, and now he's got a pep back in his step, he's not limping, he's moving good. I think Bobby seems closer now than how he did when I first started working with him fifteen years ago or ten years how many ever years ago it wasn't Washington was the first time I worked with him, and I see, I think he's closer to that now that he was two years ago.
Speaker 5: What's your favorite Bobby tea memory?
Speaker 2: There's a new one every day now we just Bob.
Speaker 4: I don't have one in particular, I mean probably listening to him in the office next to me. Talked to Siri and asked Siri how to get a peach pass to avoid the traffic when we lived in Georgia together, and I finally to go and tell him Siri he can't do that, and to listen to him explain it to Siri, and no, the lane with the peach of on the road, and I want one of the passes to avoid the traffic.
Speaker 2: And so we had to help and way out with that.
Speaker 4: But that's that was Bobby with technology, and he's gotten better with it. But little things like that we get a kick out of.
Speaker 5: Are you frustrated with your individual performance this season or do you feel like you control the things you could control.
Speaker 4: I don't understand how to answer that question. I work as hard as I can in my individual performance, so I'm frustrated with our season. I'm responsible for everything, so I think you can figure that out.
Speaker 3: On the play that Brockott hurt the shape, Hey, blitz.
Speaker 1: Is from the from the slot.
Speaker 3: I don't think rock and see him. It's to his blindside. Who's what's the responsibility on on a blitz like that?
Speaker 4: You're hot, they brought two to the back. You need to throw it hot. He didn't see it. You need to see it.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 4: Line ended up falling into the mic blitzing and then hopefully the hat back can save that since the line took his guy and they can fall into that. But you're hot on the situation and you need to get rid of it.
Speaker 3: Half back do the right thing and going towards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he tried to get to him, but yeah, but you can't count on it. And there's two guys coming and gotta get rid of the ball. That's it, all right, all right, thanks guys,