Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle get this. I'm coming to over forty cities across the United States, the UK, Europe and Australia to do this here Therapy Gecko Podcast Live. These shows will involve bringing folks from the audience up on stage to talk to a gecko about whatever they want, just like we do on the podcast. The shows are completely unplanned, completely unpredictable, and they will be a lot of fun. So if you're a fan of the podcast, you should definitely come out. Tickets are available right now at therapy geckotour dot com and you should get them before they are sold out. That's therapy geckotour dot com. We'll put the link in the episode description as well. The live shows are are very fun, they're very geko wee, and I hope to see you there.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into the episode. Hi, who is this?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 2: This is Djon Dijon. What's happening?
Speaker 3: Not too much? Get not too much? Before I ask you what is happening, I want to first, if you're willing to answer, what sparked your little mindfulness trip that you have been referencing lately.
Speaker 2: Min influenced trip that I've been referencing lately. Let me think, oh, well, in case if this is out of I don't know if this might be out of context. I don't know where I'm going to put this call in the podcast, but hm, I yes, I have been talking about trying to protect my piece more. What sparked it? I will, I fucking I'll talk about it. I had a I just don't know. I went insane, I I was. I realized that my life and my decisions and my I just realized I was kind of running on an engine that was fueled by fear and anxiety and stress and guilt and shame, and that that is not a good way to live at all. That's not a worthy life. And so I'm trying to not let that happen again. It's inevitably going to because you never, really, you never fully solve any of your problems. He's kind of have to keep mentally lifting weights. And yes, I'm wanting, I'm on I'm eye so yes, I'm on a little kick now. And I don't I don't know where I'm gonna put this. I don't know where this call will be contextually in the podcast, but I have been talking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that just that interested me because I mean, as you are the guy who talks to people about a very wide variety of things. I always wonder when you're saying, like you've been thinking about these things lately, like where it came from, because obviously we just see these few hours a few times a week. But whatever you're doing outside of that is obviously what's going to like spark these thoughts. I assume at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I don't know. I debate how much to share on here because I usually I feel I actually feel good, like you know, even just telling you just now everything I just told you felt good because I mean I'm always you know, other people are telling me what's going on with them, so I feel like I should talk about what's going on with me, and I don't want people to think that I don't. I don't want people to think that I'm happy all the time. This is not true, sure, And I don't want people to have this false idea that like I am a some sort of man of any kind of knowledge and peace that is spreading that to other people is uh, you know, I mean I am sometimes I don't know, I don't know, I'm figuring myself out, as is everyone who is who was talking to me on the show, and and also lots of people who are not talking to me in the show. Lots of people are who are in you know, to bet I have no idea who I am and are trying to figure out their lives regardless of my show at all.
Speaker 3: True, very true, All right, Jeon.
Speaker 2: Enough of this ship. It says here, Jean, you know what you tell me? You tell me. I want you to tell me what it says here?
Speaker 3: You okay, Well, I appreciate everything you just said that seriously. So something like what it probably says there is I drove the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile as a job for a year and I had some I had some experiences. I had some some stories for sure, and one of them was a protest that happened while I was doing any events. Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: Something like what you got?
Speaker 2: Well it is now that you have told it to me. What is this? What is this protest?
Speaker 3: So? Are you familiar with the Oscar Mayer wiendomobile in any capacity?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: The Oscar Mayer Windowmobile, from what I'm familiar with, is a giant hot dog car.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Any other is there any other important information that that that that you know, I or the people listening you need to know about the Oscar minor wiendomobile that I did not just cover.
Speaker 3: No. Twenty seven foot long hot dog on wheels is a pretty good wrap up of what that is.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: It is important that it is a hot dog, though, because the protest was a it was an anti meat protest of sorts. So we were at an event at a grocery store. Stop me if you have questions. Of course, hanging out. We give out Wiener whistles and stickers and coupons at these said events and just like have fun, play games, try to make people smile, try to make someone's day, that kind of stuff, and someone comes up. It started as a really positive thing because someone came up and I had a great conversation with them and they're like, yeah, I'm actually shared a protest. After about fifteen minutes of talking about life and what we do, and I was a little naive. I tried to be positive and not think terrible things. So I just went, oh, for what And she was like this, man, what do you And I was like, oh, we've we we just talked. We just thought we were friends, Like what just happened? I just kind of panicked. I was like, oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, because it just shit got real real. So, like twenty of her protesting friends roll up and one of them is in like, you know how like the Muscle Museum exhibits. Look, it's like a skin suit deal, you know what it means?
Speaker 4: That makes sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you sure? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why don't you explain it?
Speaker 3: So they were in like a suit that just looked like the inside of a body. It was like the point of it was that it was like a slaughtered animal, Like she was wearing a pig nose. It was like a slaughtered pig costume, if you will. So that person comes up in that like suit and it's like, hey, can we take a look inside? And I so the job you're called the hot Dogger, right, and there's two of us. My hot Dogger partner was inside the store like trying to figure stuff out. So I'm just like, uh, sure, I guess I don't know.
Speaker 5: You let her into thebile, you let the pena meat suit wearing person into the hot dog moobile?
Speaker 6: I Uh, you would have been killed instantly in the war Dijon, Oh, I blew it.
Speaker 3: I blew it, man, I don't know what to tell you. I blew it. I know I was just too nice I do. My job was to be nice.
Speaker 2: She four and fucking thing and blow it up, and.
Speaker 3: It would have been my fault. There's there's no way around that. It would have been totally my fault. But I let her in. I let her. They started taking pictures, and like it was weird because she was doing like peace sign pictures. She wasn't doing like mean like protestee pictures, whatever that might mean. She was like doing like poses like this is fun kind of thing. And I was like, this is kind of strange. So she was in there for like ten seconds maybe before my like I said, the other hot dogger came out and was like, hey, hey, you guys gotta go. She was much smarter than I. She would have been fine in the war that you mentioned for sure, but hit them out. She was like, you guys gotta go, And she was like, hey, we should try to leave. So we try to call the bosses. We can't get a hold of them. And as we're trying to figure ourselves out and figure out if we can leave or not. They have gathered outside the widmobile, like I said, like twenty thirty people, and they're in kind of a circle with the person in the suit that I let hints earlier, if you recall, in the middle, and she's kind of doing like some sort of street performing street art kind of deal. And once we kind of get a look, we realize that she is kind of like acting as a pig on its way to flaughter. Yeah, and she's like crawling on the ground and like like making like squealing pig noises, like all out all of it.
Speaker 2: That's kind of awesome.
Speaker 3: Respect for how hard they went, Yeah, truly like they This next part is even they went even harder because.
Speaker 2: She didn't kill well.
Speaker 3: She did well. I can't honestly confirm that, but no, I know, no, we left eventually, but that they she pretty much acted out doing that because they went into the store that we were at and they bought a bunch of ketchup, right, and they came back out and she flattered as the pig. Now, so she was on her way to the slaughter and now she's being slaughtered as the pig. And there's like three people at catchup Bottles just spraying ketchup all over this woman in a skin suit like inside of a pig, full body suit as she like squeals on the ground and is like contorting her body and like just screaming and being sprayed with ketchup by multiple people next to the Weedermobile, which by the way, is like a family friendly like bring your kids, bring your grandma, We'll get stickers to everyone have a great day. That's what we want to portray. And everything I just told you is happening literally ten feet from the Wienermobile where we are right there, And and how.
Speaker 2: Are people reacting to this display?
Speaker 3: The civilians pretty much just like us, which was not wanting to watch, but not able to look away because you can't. You can't just walk by that and not wonder. Right, like, there's a lady on the ground yelling, being sprayed by other adults with ketchup, and you're like, what's going on. There's a there's a gigantic hot dog on wheels and there's people screaming next to it. What's going on? And there was like there's a couple of kids, there's a wide variety of people and they're standing and watching.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think they got to anyone liked? Did they make anyone put down their hot dog?
Speaker 3: You know what, I don't think they did. I don't think they did.
Speaker 2: You're telling me, you're telling me this woman wore a suit of meat, crawled around on a parking lot floor, made squealing pig noises, and had people throw ketchup on her for nothing.
Speaker 3: Now there is a world out there where maybe she just enjoyed doing that and does it for fun, not outside of amobile. And then it wouldn't be for nothing, you know, it'd be for enjoyment, like how high play video games or you know, you you do whatever you like to do.
Speaker 2: There's a chance.
Speaker 3: But in terms of making someone put their hot dog down in the moment, I just don't know if. I just don't know if it hit the way that they wanted it to.
Speaker 2: So Jjon, it says that you drove the Oscar Meyer Williamobile for a year. It says that you drove it to thirty plus different countries, like you drove it out out of America.
Speaker 3: You know what, when you said that, it made me realize that I think I did say that out loud, but I one hundred percent meant to say states.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking too. I was like, you had to. I don't think you were driving it around in fucking you know, Afghanistan.
Speaker 3: That was not No, it was very much a US thing. It has been outside the twice. But yeah, thirty plus states. I'm so sorry about that.
Speaker 2: It's okay, I forgive you. Do you have any other fun stories from your travels that you want to share?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, we I mean we saw so many while we spend a lot of time at Walmart's, and as many people may or may not know, the people of Walmarts is a slogan in its own so we saw a lot of interesting characters out there for some reason. The first thing I could think of is while we were driving. This was not out of Walmart. This was on the road, but while we were driving once we got our picture taken and like waves and stuff, because again it's like an eleven foot tall, gigantic hot dog made out of fiberglass on the highway. This person was driving alone and he took out his phone and took a picture with both of his hands off the wheel. And this was not like a tesla or a self This was just like a Honda Civic like a twenty twelve Honda Accord, you know, like it. It wasn't. It wasn't like self driving mode takes out the phone, goes both hands for like ten seconds and almost hits us because they were trying to take a picture of what they almost crashed into. Like we had to kind of swerve a little bit and like make them realize that they were coming our way as they took a picture. And for some reason, that was the first thing that came to my mind, because that kind of stuff happened a lot. Honestly, There's a guy who stood up on his motorcycle out of red light and took a picture right in front of us.
Speaker 2: It would be kind of funny if got into a car accident and then having to like exchange insurance information with the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile.
Speaker 3: That's so true. I would have truly no idea how to go about like any of that. I've never had to do it, and if the first time I had to do it within the hat, that would be nuts. Actually, I will say the first time I ever got pulled over in my life was in the Oscar my wienomobile, which is a funny fun fact that I like to.
Speaker 2: Say, sometimes you got pulled weight, you got pulled over in the hot dog truck.
Speaker 3: I did get pulled over.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I need to know that, I need I need to know. I need to know the story.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So one the first time was why did we oh so got pulled over in the Wienermobile for the first time in my life. And it was because our tail lights were out. It wasn't anything crazy. It wasn't like some sort of hot dog gun that we were shooting outside the windows and they didn't like it or anything like that. The tailors were out this over and they were like, hey, the lights are out. You should figure this out. Not cool, and we're like, yeah, sorry, we were just out in the event. It was really fun. We didn't even notice, thank you. And we spent like ten minutes talking to these cops and eventually asked us about what the heck was going on. But we talked to the cops for like ten minutes, and it was because the tail lights were out. What we didn't know. I was the one driving. What I didn't know was that the tail lights were not out. I just didn't turn the light sound correctly. Because I was so new to the gigantic vehicle that I didn't know how to turn the light sound properly. Apparently it was a huge week on the road with it.
Speaker 2: Did you pull out a hot dog and hand it to the cop and go, what do you say we forget about all this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I put a little mustard on it, and I said, you look like a mustard guy. Here, look the other way on this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Didn't they give you?
Speaker 3: They did not. They were like, you know what, it's fine. They were out, you're in a gigantic hot dog. You seem like good kids. We'll let you go. Just go get it fixed right now and you'll be fine. Luckily, we didn't notice that it was just turned or I just didn't turn it on until after they were gone. So like we were, I don't know what we were messing with. We were messing with the legs, trying to figure it out, and we're like, oh, they're just supposed to be out. And then they left and then I flip to the thing and I was like, oh my god, go see if they're on. And then my other person went in the back and be like, yeah, they're on, and I was like, oh my goshmes, we got a ticket, and then immediately yeah, true.
Speaker 2: That's good that they did around the highway. That's that Oscar Mayer Wiener privilege right there.
Speaker 3: That's what they say. That's what they say. It felt good, felt really good. All right.
Speaker 2: So you know you asked me at the beginning of this about my little journey of peace and whatever I want to know from you. Spiritually, you seem like a deep guy, Dijon. You have even we're twenty minutes in, haven't even spoke about the fact that your name is Dijon with the mustard thing, and we don't need to because it's not that deep. But you seem like a deep guy, Dijon. I want to know, spiritually, philosophically, emotionally, what have you learned from driving the Oscar Meyer Wiener truck.
Speaker 3: Wow, hell of a question. I love a question, man. I would say first that there was a lot of things that went wrong that like, like if the Waidmobile breaks down, we're like totally clueless, right, We're just like stranded, which again that's another story that I could tell that also happened right stranded, And there's a lot of moments where you could have just given up and like been very negative and angry and like this is so dumb, like why does life do this? Which is totally valid. Sometimes you have to wonder those things to make the highs better, right, to make the happy times better. But I think what I learned emotionally, spiritually, mentally everything he said was that choosing as best you can right for anyone who is able to choosing your attitude ideally to be positive even in situations that aren't so positive, is like the secret to the beginning of some sort of happiness. I think it's not the secret to happiness. Thinking positive it's the magical thing that everyone can just do. It's not some magical thing that I can just do. But there are just sometimes in that good old Gigantic hot Dog that I was like, you know what, trying to force myself to be positive right now, I'm gonna choose the happy route. I'm gonna put on a high school musical two song, and I'm gonna jam instead of being sad right now. Mm So, I think a positive attitude was something that I learned to have, even when a positive attitude wasn't necessarily what felt like I should have.
Speaker 2: They really need to record you saying this and have it be a commercial for Oscar Mayer Wieners.
Speaker 3: Thank you. That means a lot. I think that's a lot of people do buy their hot dogs.
Speaker 2: I think so too you. It's so far everything you're saying right now, by the way, ties into I was something I was reading about this morning. This concept. I think it's by uh uh, it's some kind of like stoic philosophic cool concept or I don't know. It's called a more fati, which I think fucking means an Italian or Greek or whatever love what happens. Right, So, so you're you're in a giant hot dog, you get pulled over by the police. Uh, you know, a woman in a meat suit breaks in, Uh, your your car breaks down, all this stuff. You you just decide to love whatever happens. You decide to go with it. You you realize that logically you have nothing to gain by choosing to be upset and pissed off about what happens, and so why not, just for your own damn sake, choose to you know, be happy and to to a more fati, to love what happens, because it'll just it'll just make life better.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, you read about that this morning.
Speaker 2: I read about that this morning. I told you I'm on a stupid journey.
Speaker 3: Hey man, it's not stupid. It's not stupid.
Speaker 2: All right, Wow, this was this was a beautiful car. I like, I love, I loved talking about all of this. That's had a nice ending to it. I'm glad that you learned something. I'm glad a lot of this is what I like about you, man. I think a lot of people could drive a giant hot dog across the country and come back with nothing, but you seem to have come back with with a lot.
Speaker 3: That is one of the best commiments I've ever received. Seriously, thank you so much. That means a lot to me. Man, I appreciate it. I definitely enjoy a lot about you, everything you do. Of course, that's why I called today, so thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, Thank you man. I one quick question, one quick thing before we go. What are you doing now? Where? What? What's what's app what's the next resume item after hot dog driver?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man? Doing that quickly is going to be hard for me. I did recruiting for a bit, I got laid off and recently kind of self discovered that I want to figure out how to be happy in life kind of goes with what we just said of choosing some sort of happiness or choosing a rout of loving what happens right so right now, coincidentally enough from your inspiration, that is going out and trying to make people happy and make someone's day and make a video out of it and see if I enjoy doing that. And working part time in the music venue just because I like concerts and events and stuff, so I figured working at them getting paid to go to them would be super fun too. So that's kind of what I'm up to right now, trying to figure it out and do as much as I can to figure out what I don't like and fail and do all that stuff so I can eventually figure out what I do like in a year or ten years or one hundred years, whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: I like that, man, Well like if if you're going to become a content creator, I feel like what I learned driving a giant hot dog is a great clickbait title for a video.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is why I need you, man, This is why I need you. Thank you so much. I've never even thought of that. I wear a jacket that has a Wienomobile on the back. When I go out and like right now, I'm holding a sign up asking people what their favorite ceial is, just like for a laugh, and I wear a jacket that has a Wienomobile on the back, like a retro windbreaker kind of jacket. Is super sick. So I'm using it, but not directly like that. You're You're the genius on the other side of it.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to make that the time. I'm going to make that the title of this episode.
Speaker 3: That would be an honor. I could not be more excited about that.
Speaker 2: That's great, Dejean. Anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 3: Try to choose positivity if you can whenever you can, and GEK, thank you so much. Like I said, huge inspiration for me just being like, fuck it, I love talking to people, and so I'm going to try to go talk to people and try to make a living out of it or do it for fun and see where it goes. Which is why I asked you how you're doing at the beginning of this because I truly talk about that kind of stuff. So I love what you do.
Speaker 2: Thank you man, I appreciate it. Jean, You're an American hero. I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Thanks, man, have a good night.
Speaker 2: Wow. I like that it. It is very funny that he was talking about that stuff, because I was just reading about that this morning. The idea of of loving what happens. Yes, I have been thinking a lot more about how to be happy and how to not have my life driven by anxiety. And I've been really into this idea of paying the taxes of life gladly. You know, everything you do comes with some kind of tax to it. So look driving a giant hot dog, Uh, you know, a joy, a pleasure. So the tax is that sometimes it breaks down, and so you know, you pay, you pay the tax gladly instead of discussing over it. I like that. I'm glad that that's what Dijon learned. And I never did think of a like of an actual joke about his name. But but again I don't think. I don't think I had to. All right, thank you de Jean?
Speaker 7: Hello, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm a gecko on the computer?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 7: Didn't just get into it?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, sure please.
Speaker 7: So basically, I was dating this guy for a long time and I got pregnant and I had a kid on my nineteenth birthday, and I decided to give him or place him for adoption. And I didn't tell anyone in my family outside of obviously my parents. I kept it a secret from the rest of them.
Speaker 2: Did what did your boyfriend know that you gave the that you had the kid and gave him away.
Speaker 7: Oh? Yeah, we dated up until he was about six months old, but it was not I kind of had to like overrule basically make the executive decision to do it because I knew that's what was right, I guess mm hmm, because he was very wishy washy about what he wanted to do. And then in the end, obviously we didn't work out, so.
Speaker 4: Okay, it was better in the long run.
Speaker 2: Uh So was this kid? Was this kid an accident or was this something you guys had agreed upon beforehand? No, it was definitely an accident, okay, And your boyfriend wanted to keep it?
Speaker 7: Not at first? At first he wanted me to.
Speaker 4: Have an abortion.
Speaker 7: And then once I had kind of like once I had talked to him about like, oh, we're gonna like this is what I want to do, and this is what I'm sure about. I picked a couple and we had like gotten to know them and everything, and then he flipped changed his mind and it was like I can drop out of school and we can keep him.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 7: Make things very complicated.
Speaker 2: Basically, Well, I mean, fuck you. I mean you were I assuming neither of you guys have like jobs. You're both in school.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're both in school, and I'm I work at Starbucks.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so neither of you were like really that equipped to have a kid. And I and you and it was nice school that you vetted, You vetted the couple. You didn't just drop the baby off at like a baby dump and you know whoever a free baby on craigslist?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's and it's an open adoption.
Speaker 4: So I still talk to them almost still.
Speaker 2: You talk to the parents every day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and we visited a few times a year.
Speaker 2: WHOA. The idea of an open adoption is very fascinating to me. What's the what's the scope of of of the open adoption? How's that? How does that work? Exactly?
Speaker 7: Basically, when I found out I was pregnant, I looked up adoption agencies, and really every adoption agency website has. It's kind of like a catalog, and every family has a profile and you just look through until you find a few that you like, and then they put you in contact with them. So it's kind of like shopping for a couple in a way.
Speaker 2: You're shopping for parents for your new kid. Yeah. Now, well, okay, what I mean by like, what I wanted to know from about the open adoption is is it like so now forever you're like, is there some kind of legal document that gives you visitation rights? Or is it kind of more of a handshake deal.
Speaker 7: There is some legal stuff through the agency. They're like, like, we agreed upon we like FaceTime once a month because they don't live that close to us, and then at least one visit a year. And then obviously I had to like sign a lot of paperwork to actually place him legally place him up for adoption.
Speaker 2: I guess what I'm curious about the paperwork is I'm thinking of a lot of different scenarios, right, say, uh, the parents decide that they don't want you to visit anymore, But do they have legal grounds for that?
Speaker 7: I think if they had, if they had like a valid, very valid reason, then yet like if I don't know, like committed.
Speaker 4: A crime, okay, or.
Speaker 7: Something with a scary person.
Speaker 2: But they need a valid reason legally.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess with.
Speaker 2: You know, it's tough this open adoption thing, because it's like, I don't know, it's got to be tough on It's gotta be tough on all three of you, the kid, the parents, and you because the parents are like, well we are not we are raising this kid. It's our kid, but it's you know, you have this other you have like this kind of undefined role in this kid's life, Like how do you view your role in this kid's life?
Speaker 7: That's actually something I've talked to him about a lot, because he's he's like a year a little over a year and a half now, so he doesn't really know anything about anything yet. Yeah, I guess the closest we've come to it is like I'm kind of like an aunt in a way, like he won't call me, he'll know who I actually am, like that I'm a birth mom. But I guess in the way of like, because I'm obviously not his mom mom.
Speaker 2: Where do you see this situation in ten years from now?
Speaker 7: If I had to think about it right now. I feel like it because I have a very good relationship with his adoptive parents, and they're very They're not like they're kind, they're like proud, well not, you know, they don't they're not ashamed that they've adopted a kid instead of like having him biologically. I guess like I've already met a lot of their family and things like that, so I feel like it would. I mean, as long as things stay how they are now, then it will stay good.
Speaker 2: What's the boyfriend's deal.
Speaker 7: He we dated for a little while after he was born, and then we just we broke up and then it was kind of complicated for a little while. He was he wanted to get back together and whatever. So I don't talk to him at all. The last time I really saw him was at at like at his first birthday because we both went up there to visit at the same time.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so I was what I'm asking is like, what this So he's aware of the situation that you have, and does he have the same visitation rights that you do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, does he use them as often as you do? Or do you even have any idea?
Speaker 7: Last time I heard he doesn't really talk to them as much.
Speaker 2: Which is fine, it's fascinating strange. Well, so I was thinking about that just now, because my gut reaction was going to be like, well, I don't know why if you know, if he wanted to keep the baby originally, I don't know why, it is a visit. And then it dawned on me, well, it's probably it's probably painful if he wanted to keep it, you know, to see another persons raising his baby.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I've talked to him about that before, like while we were still together. It's like it would like in an ideal situation, yes, it would be fine, but I also I didn't want to have to raise a kid, passing him back and forth between me and him and his family, and then also deal with not being in school anymore and having to like make ends meet and blah blah blah. Like I would much rather him be in a home, like a stable home with a mom and a dad.
Speaker 2: Now, what's your deal? What's uh? Are you?
Speaker 3: We?
Speaker 4: Are?
Speaker 2: We in school? Are we working? What's going on.
Speaker 7: In I'm a graphic design major. I do online school because my job pays for it. Yeah, and then I'm a Starbucks Frista.
Speaker 2: M h are you happy about life? Are you feeling like well, do you feel like you made the right decision?
Speaker 7: I feel like I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I have struggled with it a lot at first, but seeing it's weird because I thought seeing him with them would make things harder, but it really it helps me, like it reassures me that I made the right choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And uh, I'll say this before we go. I think that's a mature decision. It's extremely mature decision because I obviously you anticipated it would make you feel really sad, but you have no funny like, I mean, how old are these parents.
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 1: Are?
Speaker 7: Thirty?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so they have like jobs and lie they're they're ready, and you guys were not. And it was a mature decision for you to go, I'm not the best person for this kid and give it up. So yeah, you know, and it's a tough decision. But Kutols and you for doing you know what you felt like the right thing was.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Also, I mean, look, babies suck, so it's another reason why you made the right decisions that babies are awful things to have around. Yeah, you ever been on an airplane? With a baby.
Speaker 7: I have at the same time as a baby. Yes, and they cried the entire four hour flight.
Speaker 2: So you know what, one of these days you're gonna be on a flight and you're gonna hear a crying baby and you're gonna be like, I knew I made the right choice. Yeah, Claire, thanks for calling and sharing all this stuff. I know it's it's kind of a whole crazy thing. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 7: No, thanks for answering my call.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Claire, have.
Speaker 7: A good one.
Speaker 2: I'm I identify as a self hating baby because I hate babies, but I also am a baby. I'm the same watch I think you are your Don't your fucking cells change when you go from a baby to an older guy thing? So maybe I'm different cells. So that means the baby version of me is dead. That's crazy. Let's take a phone call.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey, it's Hey.
Speaker 3: Is this a gag? A? Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is Ricky.
Speaker 4: I am I'm a I'm I'm alive. I'm a human. Oh man, I am good. I'm glad that this music is over, the whole music.
Speaker 2: How does it feel? How does it feel to be alive. How does it feel to be alive and a human?
Speaker 4: It feels it's not as it's not as cracked up as as people make it seem.
Speaker 3: To be honest, But.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I I call it because I thought you might be interested in hearing something that a lot of people don't really know about. I'm not sure. So basically, I make people fall asleep with my mouth, and I picked that. I tell people that, and they always think it's weird, but I've found that I kind of have a calling for it, and yeah, I think I think it's a cool thing to talk about.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not gonna say the thing, but I'm not going to make the joke that everyone wants me to make. What do you do to make people fall asleep with your mouth?
Speaker 4: Oh? Man? So I do everything from tongue sounds to like different like syllables but like inaudible. I have different, like various tools that I put up to my lips and blow into while tapping, kind of like I don't know if the kazoo is what that is, but yeah, it's it's very soothing to the people listening. And I don't know, I think it. I think it's something that like has some type of effect on people.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's just here that you are an ASMR YouTuber.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, generally people, I feel like when I tell people ASMR, they always think of something sexual, but it's not. And you know, there are sexual asmrs, but I think for the general it's not, you know.
Speaker 2: Trying to kind of Okay, do you want to do you want to do some ASMR for us right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's pretend like we're about to fall asleep. Let's get some mar gone.
Speaker 4: All right, So I'd like to whisper a lot. Something is something that I like.
Speaker 3: To do with it sounds like water.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is this? What is wait? What is this supposed to be?
Speaker 4: So it's supposed to be water trips?
Speaker 2: Okay, water drops? Like I got it. That's actually pretty good. Yeah, can you do grass? Can you make the sound of grass?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I can just whatever however you want to creatively interpret that.
Speaker 4: All right, that's grass.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, what else you got?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: One thing I do is a tap on my stomach. And I'm a very I have a very big belly and it kind of gives off the waves of a soothing waves here.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I can do that too. I mean, like, if I do that, it sounds Let's let's see what this sounds like. All right, hold on, mm hmmm, how is that for you?
Speaker 4: For it?
Speaker 2: Very So, what made you want to get into putting people to sleep with your mouth?
Speaker 4: Well, honestly, my girl, she she tends to fall asleep a lot when I'm talking to her, and I don't know, I thought it was a boring thing at first, but I realized that it's kind of the way I talked. I make a lot of like I don't knowhas instatus on, like like b's and k's and something about that. I don't know. It's like a it's like it hurts frequency. And honestly, a lot of people just told me, you know, I should, I should do something with music, but I've never really had a talent, so I kind of like, I did one video once and honestly, it was for food. It wasn't something that I was thinking about, like was ASMR And it turned out to be a good ASMR. So I just decided to focus on that. But yeah, honestly, everyone's just uh that I've known growing up, has told me I'm a very swothing person.
Speaker 3: Hm.
Speaker 2: Hm, Do you ever find yourself falling asleep to your own mouth? Sounds?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, Actually it's it's kind of hard to do to do the videos itself. I tried to. Yeah, I don't. I don't like to drink catching very much because yeah, it's very up lifting. But I try to kind of like get stone to do my videos to kind of like relax me a little. Yeah, it definitely gets Yeah, I would say about twenty minutes after shooting a video, I'm knocked out.
Speaker 2: Are you stoned right now?
Speaker 4: I am kind of always stoned.
Speaker 2: I feel that. I feel that when I'm not doing when I'm not a Gecko, I'm pretty much always stoned as well. Not like when I'm not working. Like if i'm like, you know, doing any kind of work or any sort of that I'm not, I won't get stoned. But when I'm not having to do stuff, I'm usually stoned. It's probably a problem. Listen, it says here that you were recently sucked into a pyramid scheme recently. What is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh man, And honestly, I wanted everyone to beware because it's very crazy. I was so I have social anxiety and I was going to the grocery store, and funny thing is, I got so stoned before I went because I knew it was going to be like a thing. Guy was like, oh shit, I want to get in and out. But while I was looking at the bread aisle, I was looking on my phone and see which bread was the healthiest bead to get, and this lady walks up to me and just like compliments my jacket. I didn't think she was talking me at first, but they I turned around like she was talking. We started conversating. It was very genuine and eventually we exchange numbers and she invited me out to coffee at Starbucks. We went and it was just like a normal little like it wasn't a date, but it was more like a casual, like friend type of thing. The second time I met for coffee, she started kind of like pitching this, I have a mentor you can do e commerce with AMX, I think was the company, And she invited me to this thing that was like at Anaheim. And I live all the way in North Hollywood, like an hour and a half away, and I honestly I'd sell more for the relationship than the scam. But when I was on the way to the presentation, Dick, I was, I was in traffic, I was looking up on my phone and I saw that there was like a whole bunch of tiktoks that had the same story, like someone in Marshall as someone walked up to have had a conversation once to start, but like they tied from literally framed by frame. So I typed around in depth blocked her. So I'm pretty sure I remember her mentioning that name. It's the same name, Amax am ray actually am ray Man.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it be tragic if that's not what was going on at all? And you guys were actually meant to be in love?
Speaker 4: I know I thought about that and.
Speaker 2: Are it was a scam?
Speaker 4: Well it sounds like it because they made me read this book called what was it called Where's My Cheese? Or Who Moves My Cheese? And in the book it's just about like four characters that have like characteristics that people everyone shares, but there's one character that you don't want to be and they make you feel like by not doing it, you're that character. And it's like kind of fucked up. I'm pretty sure it's a scam.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I've never read this. Look, but I personally I wouldn't want to be any kind of mouse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially just being cheese.
Speaker 2: You make a lot of money doing am I.
Speaker 4: Don't. I wish I did. I'm very small. I literally just started about six months ago. And it's a hobby. So you know, anything you don't get paid for as a hobby. But I'm really I'm really proud of it. I got the whole setup, I got obs and it's a whole thing.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, what do you want to what were you gonna say? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I was just saying I want to take you because really like you inspired me to do anything social and like, yeah, that definitely is a did.
Speaker 2: I inspired you to want to do AMR?
Speaker 4: Yeah? M M, I have fun to your podcast multiple times. That definitely, Uh, it counts as a ASMR.
Speaker 2: Man. How do you know I'm not trying to rope you into some kind of like streamery cult thing where I'm trying to get people to do as MR too, so I can I don't know, I'm not going to how with that. I appreciate this, Ricky hmm. Well, I hope you are able to find legitimate love someday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, yeah, definitely, yeah, yeah, I definitely am.
Speaker 2: And do you have anything else I want to say in a in a in a in a relaxing whispered voice to us before we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Actually I wanted to say it was actually I've talked to you before, and I don't know how it was about exactly a year ago. Yeah. I don't know exactly how well you remember this, but.
Speaker 2: Well it says it right here. How I keep notes of all that?
Speaker 4: Oh you do well. I I dealt with a very intense ask fetish. That's still very Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you called you called by somebody name, you called by the name of Ricky Rax and said that you have an ass fetish. And then for weeks and weeks and weeks after that, I would get messages from you saying, Lyle, when are you gonna put the ass caller in the podcast? You remember sending me those messages?
Speaker 4: I do, I do, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I never put it in the podcast.
Speaker 4: Nah, but it's fine because it was a good memory, honestly. And you got to talk to my wife too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember talking to your wife I'll put this in the podcast. Would that make up for it?
Speaker 4: Not that that would be cool, you know, I mean, you don't anything, but that would be I would play for everybody I'm friends.
Speaker 2: I'll put this in the podcast. Sounds this is I think this is worth it. Maybe I'll put it at the end tweet the podcast.
Speaker 4: I would. I would love for you to check my page out, but I don't want to plug.
Speaker 2: You know what if you know what, Ricky Racks, what's your fucking YouTube? What's your YouTube channel? I want to check it out?
Speaker 4: All right, man, thank you, it's it's actually Ricky Racks as MR.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna look hold on, can I'm gonna play video for myself right now? Hold on Ricky Racks A yes, m R. I wish I had the ability to put this into something. Oh wow, oh this is this is real. This is a whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean you, like I said, you inspire me to get a green screen and the whole nine yards.
Speaker 2: You know what, Ricky rat I'm I actually I'm just I'm only looking at what you do. Dabs ASMR like with fucking this is hilarious. This is you with a bunch of with a fucking dab rig and dab oil fucking making dab ASMR. That's actually pretty sweet. Okay, I'm gonna watch that. Wait, this is real. Okay, I'm gonnada be honest with you. I thought you were fucking with me the whole call, because I because I knew that you were the ass fetish guy, and I thought that, like, oh, you're just doing another bit. No you, this is one hundred percent real. Look at the sushi ASMR you have raising Cane's chicken ASMR.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, dude, that was so good.
Speaker 2: This is just a video of you eating fucking chicken close up into a microphone. Man, you know what, I have a Okay, you know what. I respect you, Ricky Rats. You're really kind of hustling in this ASMR game.
Speaker 4: I'm sure I got a change.
Speaker 2: To hair cut ASMR. This is creative. This is this is more than I thought it was. Okay, I respect this. Halloween ASMR. What the fuck is this? Okay? I'm honored to have inspired this.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I was I was thinking about even getting a costume and doing it with.
Speaker 2: I don't think you need a costume. I think you already kind of have your your your your thing going. Yeah, well all right, Ricky, rats and.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. I appreciate it. And to everyone in the chat, I love this guy. Dang that might that might sound like I love this guy, but I'm like to say, I love the sky and everything under him.
Speaker 2: Hey, the sky loves you too, Ricky Rax, thanks for calling man, all right, take care, all right. When I go to sleep tonight, I'm gonna listen to look at this opening your favorite candy ASMR. Okay. You know, I gotta say I underestimated this guy. I thought he was just fucking around. There's he's putting his brain to this and I respect it. Go check out Ricky racks ASMR. Wait. Okay, he called in about having an ass fetish. Why he should make videos asmr ass smacking videos. That's his self actualization right there. If he can make that video.
Speaker 3: Goes on the line, taking your phone calls every nighte ever, goes to his teaching you
Speaker 2: Loud, but he's not really an expert.