Speaker 1: It's I Do Part two, and it's Alexis Billino and Joe Dala Rosa, both from Royal Housewives of Orange County, co hosting this episode today. And we are here today to discuss my recent wedding and also get some juice from Joe about her wedding in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: So it's going to be a good day.
Speaker 3: Hi Joe, Hello, missus Jansen.
Speaker 2: It's so funny to hear that I still am not used to it. It makes me sweat a little.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm still literally in the clouds from your wedding, so me too.
Speaker 4: You know, first of all, I have so much to talk to you about, so many questions because we haven't really caught up from the wedding since the wedding.
Speaker 2: But so I want the audience to get to know a little bit about you.
Speaker 1: And obviously I just said you were married in twenty twenty two and I was at your wedding, and then here we are full circle, right Well, sirch but you know this is I Do Part two and you're not a Part two or because you've this is your first marriage. But we all don't get the first time right like you did. Okay, So just curious. You were married in your forties though, So what was it like experiencing that when a lot of I mean, it's forty is really the new thirty, but people start getting married at twenty and thirty.
Speaker 2: So what did that feel like for you? Or did not anything?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think yeah, it was definitely different, like waiting to get married older. I feel like I got to live a lot more life in terms of like my single days and like figuring out who I was without like a significant other from a marriage perspective, right, And also I didn't get it right the first time in the sense of, like you you remember, she's been engaged three times and third time was the time for me?
Speaker 2: You know what this should be. This should be called I do Part two or engage part three.
Speaker 5: Literally, and I'll be the expert on that.
Speaker 1: You're right, you didn't get it right the first time. Okay, well yeah, cuche but yeah, okay, So my question to you is, like you just called me missus Jansen, Like was it weird for you at first? Or I mean, I know you go by great or you know Jala Rosa still some and you have Gray as your legal name, but like, yeah, was.
Speaker 2: It weird for you?
Speaker 1: Because right now it's weird when people say, and I still go, it's Alexis Bilino calling to get Miles out of fifth period, you know, and I'm like, I mean Janssen, you know.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It definitely took some getting used to. I think in the beginning I wanted to be Dala Rosa Gray because I was like, oh, well, you know, uh, Kim Kardashian did Kim Kardashian West, Not that I'm like a Kim Kardashian, but you know what I mean, Like, there's people with long last names that also added another last name, where like Kardashian Barker, right, not as using the Kardashians as an egg for last name marriage, but yes I did.
Speaker 5: And I was like, well, if they have long names.
Speaker 3: You know, two together, then maybe I'll try it too. But then it got a little bit annoying when you're like talking to like banks or like credit card whatever it is, and you're like Dela Rosa Gray and then you're spelling it. So that lasted for about a good six months, and then I got over that really quick. I ended up going back to just Dela Rosa, and I'm still Gray, like legally with all of my like personal stuff banking, credit cards and stuff like that. And it's cute because they go, like, mister and missus Gray, your table's ready at.
Speaker 5: Like reservations, you know. Yeah, so yeah, what about you? Do you feel like.
Speaker 1: You it's actually the same or hyphenating or just no, we talked about that, but I feel like I am in the same boat as you, exactly what you just said.
Speaker 2: I'm sat there going, gosh, that's how I feel too. But like we.
Speaker 1: Talked about hyphenating it, it was, you know, John's like, but you're you're you're you know, you're a Jansen now, and so I'm like, I get it, You're right I am. And also, so you know, my my career is kind of Billino, and I know that Tamra had to go through this when she switched to Judge.
Speaker 2: So I'm just trying to figure all of all of that out.
Speaker 1: But I am legally a Jansen, so everything will be converted to Jansen. I mean, and I did take his last name, but I am in that weird interim. You know, I'm only what four days married, five days married, So no, Tomorrow's a week, so six days married. So so I think I'll get I think it'll get there. It's just gonna take a little bit of time for me to figure out that and navigate that, and maybe I'll get so sick of it being like, no, I am all.
Speaker 2: Likes this Billino because of my career. People think of me from.
Speaker 1: That career, and then I'll just you know, go for that part of the time. And Jansen, you know, most people know I'm Jansen.
Speaker 2: I don't know. There's so much new right now.
Speaker 1: Have you even recovered from the wedding, Like I was so sore the next day all of.
Speaker 3: The tequila at your tequila bar that we had, or by we, I mean me.
Speaker 5: I'm still recovering a little bit. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: That was John's idea because all of his frat brothers, you know, they love they love good tequila's and the tequilas he wanted to serve the hotel the resort couldn't get and so he did this tequila bar. And I only partook in one of them because I'm not a big tequila girl, and so but yeah, it was just a cute idea. It was cute, so I'm sorry that everyone hurt so bad the next day from that, Oh, I mean worth it.
Speaker 5: That's all I have to say it.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I feel like we're already talking about the reception, Like, let's take this thing from the top. First of all, let's talk about your ceremony. Oh my gosh, alexis that ceremony was literally the most romantic thing. First of all, I loved that you had you and John in the middle, everybody around it, so you felt like everybody felt. It was very like an immersive ceremony because it didn't matter where you would sit, like where you were sitting, we could see you. But the sweetest part you walking down the aisle with your kids.
Speaker 5: How did that feel?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: What was that moment like?
Speaker 3: Because the first time you didn't have kids time you were married, So tell me a little bit about that.
Speaker 1: It was, you know, the whole circle thing was is the circle of love. We decided we wanted to try something new and my wedding planner. I was like, is this gonna work or is it a total flop? Like John and I really wanted it to happen, And she goes, we're trying it, Lex, We're gonna make it work. It's such a creative idea, we're gonna make it work. And so but my, So that's where that came from. And I'm so glad that everyone has said that. I haven't heard one person complain and say I couldn't really see because I kind of thought, well, everyone kind of still saw the back of someone. Someone saw the back of the pastor, someone saw the back of my head, someone saw the back of John's head. But you still do feel because it wasn't as many rows back. You're not ten rows back. It's three or four rows around, so you're still, like you said, you're closer.
Speaker 2: And then for the children, it was John.
Speaker 1: And I both knew like the only wedding party we were having were our six kids. So his children, you know, if you saw that, his children walked him up with the pastor, his daughter's arm in arm, and the sun with the pastor. And then I got to see this girl I got. I haven't got to share any of these things I got. They we were up in my holding room getting ready to bring me down and James goes, mom, come here, and I go over and I see them and I start crying, and everyone's like blowing in my face and going stop stop, because it was so precious to see John and his kids walking up. And then I'm like, oh gosh, this is for like I'm literally going down there right now, and so then get myself together. And then walking down the aisle with my kids was so surreal because Kenna was right in front, you know, doing like dropping a couple of pedals when the pedals we already there, but just to do something. And then I was arm in arm with James and Miles, and it was they were not nervous. I was like, this is a big deal to ask teenagers, you know, around one hundred and fifty people walking down the aisle with your mom. The first wedding that Miles had ever been to is walking his mom down the aisle, and I just thought it was the most special thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I kept it together.
Speaker 1: I kept telling the kids anytime i think I'm going to cry, I'm and a say hemorrhoid in my head. Okay, like that's just like that's just something that would like make me laugh really fast.
Speaker 2: So I read it.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding you. It's just the funniest thing I could think of. I'm like what could I could say that's not as funny.
Speaker 2: Like what do you know? I was just like, that's the funniest thing that I can think of. So I did that worked?
Speaker 1: I mean I was like I just get out of myself for a second and be like can you know? And then and then I kind of chuckle and move on. But it was really hard to fight back the tears even walking down the aisle. So I think I had a couple because I remember watching one video someone had and I right where I got to John, I grabbed my kerchief and I like was dabbing my eyes.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you even saw John get so emotional, like I didn't see it, Yes, when you were walking down like before, like you could tell I got it on video, and like you literally just see like how overwhelmed with emotion he is to see you walking down like up to him, And can we please talk about your dress? I need all the details because I was there. I am in Scottsdale. All your girls we went to get the dress, but when I saw you just you know, because none of us saw that beautiful dress, So I don't even know all the details. Give me the dress details, because you looked like I'm you always look incredible, Alexis, truly, from the bottom of my heart, you were breathtaking. We were all like like we literally had to like take a beat, like, sincerely, I've never seen you look just so stunning and glad that because.
Speaker 2: That dress took a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Like Julie from Modern Bride, you met her, we started with one thing, and then I kept calling her and I go I kept going, okay, wait, I need to add this weight. I want to change this weight. It's I don't like that color. It's not the perfect color. We I flew out there probably four or five times just to help get it all together, make the vision come to light. And I was you have to pray you no joke, cause it's not like I could try it on, like they're customizing that gown for me. They took my vision and Julie's help of the vision and going Nope, you have to do this, Alexis, No, you need to do this, and you have to.
Speaker 2: Trust the process.
Speaker 1: And then when the dress comes you're kind of like, oh my gosh, let's cross our fingers because you don't get a trial and error. And so what you guys saw was just the beginning. I remember when I walked out Joe when we were at that and I said, this is the.
Speaker 2: One, and you guys were all like yay.
Speaker 1: And then I think that to Julie and I'm like, Julie, that's the one, except I want to do a B, C, D, E, F, G and H.
Speaker 2: And she's like, that's not this dress. Then she's like, we got to start from scratch.
Speaker 1: We got to completely She's like, we're just going back to drawing boards and starting from complete scratch.
Speaker 2: So from that moment that you went with me, we sit the next six months recreating the entire thing.
Speaker 3: And I was gonna say, because it looks so different than what I remembered a scene at Modern Ride, so okay, now that makes sense. It Also I loved that it was like your skin color because it was like a netted material, right or mash yeah, with silk underneath, but silk underneath, Okay. I couldn't like see it, of course, but then like with the little crystals like all through it.
Speaker 5: Right, it was just so.
Speaker 1: Beating everywhere, and then she had the hair piece made exactly to match the beating, so it was all just very customized and very you know, and I mean, I don't mind if anyone wants to call her and then they can do the same dress and a different color. I don't know, but I mean for those brides that don't want to, you know, the second time around, Joe, I just well, third for me, but I don't count my first one. But I feel like I feel like I didn't want to be in white or cream or anything of that. So I just and I think other brides do. I think was that there was some other housewife that were black her I forget which one it was, Kelly DoD Kelly Dodd, I think we're black as her wedding gown.
Speaker 2: And so it's okay, it's unique, you know.
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's I think it's your wedding day, whether the bride wants to be traditional or untraditional, like do whatever feels like you like tarn and I we didn't do a garter thing. We did a fake garter thing, like you know when they go underneath your dress and all of that, because like.
Speaker 2: I was there, so what do you what do you mean? I forget that part.
Speaker 3: Well because his grandparents like we're there and like it was like this whole thing where like He's like, I don't know, honey, I don't want to go under your dress and grab it with my.
Speaker 5: Teeth and like my grandparents or that. And I was like, Okay, we don't have to do it all like that.
Speaker 3: But he did something even better, which is he did a fake out where he went under my stirg went under my dress, pretending like he was about to pull it out. And then he gets up and he's like nah, and he's takes up the guitar and starts playing a song that he wrote me and performed like that was so much more amazing. So that's what I'm saying, untraditional, but I think every bride should do what they feel like, if it's black, if it's whatever it is.
Speaker 1: So your wedding was insane, by the way. I loved every minute of it. It was so heartfelt. I do remember him singing that song to you, and everybody was teary eyed and just.
Speaker 2: Like you were like you were blown away.
Speaker 1: You're like the look on your face the whole time was like you were speechless.
Speaker 2: You know, it was just I love those moments.
Speaker 1: Those are the moments that make your wedding yours, you know, whether it's the first, second, third, fourth for some people.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, And.
Speaker 3: I really loved the part where you played worship music. That song came on before you even start at the ceremony, and you did things for you with like the rose, like the roses beloved lost. I've never seen that done. So that was also such a beautiful moment. We all lost it.
Speaker 2: So oh gosh. I was trying not to let people cry as much as I thought I would be crying. But I wanted when.
Speaker 1: I was picking my song to walk down the aisle to I. And I was now going to walk down the aisle. My kids are the ones that made me do it, because they're like and John's kids, all six kids said Alexis.
Speaker 2: You have to walk to my dad. You have to walk to John, you know.
Speaker 1: Like But I went through song after song after song, and it was literally the week before the wedding, and I called my the host that was doing all of the entertainment, gentleman Casey, and I just said, changed again, and I've got the song. And he goes John and said, but that song it's Oceans, the worship song by Hillsong, and he goes, that's John's Like, that song's not as impactful with just the stream quartet, and he's like, you need to have a singer.
Speaker 2: Guess what I did.
Speaker 1: Called my church and I'm like, ooh, from a church could sing this song.
Speaker 2: Walcome me down the aisle in a week's time.
Speaker 1: We got to make this happen. So we did that all last minute. It was my worship leader from church. His name's Joey Insane, and it just and then I said, and by the way, Pastor. When I was talking to my pastor, I said, I don't want it to end. I want to take I want to take John and I a minute and a half or a minute longer and just get God in service. So we were kind of sitting there, John and I were worshiping alone together with I mean the crowd and everyone that song. But it was just our moment of saying, God, we are really doing this before you. We want you here with us. So that is kind of where that all came from. I love that last minute Joe so special.
Speaker 5: I mean, you would have never known that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, by the way, never known what is a hiccup? I need to know a hiccup that happened during your wedding because I was there and I think we talked to the day or two after your wedding, but this is twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: I can't remember if you had any massive thing.
Speaker 1: Yes I did, but you know you pulled it off because I mean, no one knew and I can't remember it.
Speaker 2: So okay, what was your massive thing?
Speaker 3: So what's funny is I didn't even know until after the wedding, like days after. So come to find out our wedding planner whoever, was going to help set up the tables that day, because you know, we had gotten a private home in the palace in Palisates Palsti's palasfurtis the States. I'm like, what year is that we brought every into this house to do this like enchanted forest wedding. So there's a lot more set up. The assistance didn't show up, or someone got sick, the crew got sick, so I had friends that had to step in to help set up.
Speaker 2: Our tables on the day of the wedding.
Speaker 3: On the day so like because we have the ceremony and the reception all in the backyard, yea, so we you know, after the ceremony, people go to the side to get cocktail hour and then they flipped over the space, so I didn't know friends had to step in to help my planner, which is wild.
Speaker 2: Your planner reached out to your friends and not you.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny. I don't even know what I don't even know how it happened. All I know is, yeah, no one told me. They were like protecting me so that I could like enjoy it. But that's what I came to find out was my friends, some friends help. They had to jump in to help turn the space around.
Speaker 5: Crazy. Wait, what was the hiccup for you?
Speaker 1: I mean that is that is insane though, and then that it feel so special though for you because you're like, those people love me that much that they kept all of that from me and made my day and you did not know till the next day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is great friends, I mean days later. Yeah, keep those friends forever.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: So I my hiccup, My biggest one was I'm literally telling I'm what twenty minutes from getting ready to go to my next place, which is another holding place. We just finished my prepictures going to the next holding place closer to the ceremony. Before they actually had to, we were on a golf course they had to which behind a canyon, but they had to drive the golf cart from my holding place a little bit with me in it before they had turned.
Speaker 2: John around so we couldn't see it.
Speaker 1: And then I get off the golf cart walk over to where the where the eyele is.
Speaker 2: But we're literally twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: From the golf cart picking me up to take me to my next holding place. And I sliced my finger on my perfume bottle that had like broken. I was, you know, vein trying to smell good for my wedding, which if I hadn't touched it, what happened and so slightly it had like shifted during getting moved from all the different rooms and stuff, and so the lid was kind of broken a little bit, but I didn't note it. So I'm trying to like straighten it out, and it just slip my finger. You can still see it. Look here, wait, wait, wait, how do I get it? Where's the camera?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: You can still see it. It needed stitches. I'm holding it for an hour. My son's an EMT, so he's like, mom, Mom, that does need stitches. We call the medics. Twenty minutes before call the medics.
Speaker 2: They come up.
Speaker 1: They don't do stitches, they're only there to help band aid it or whatever. And I'm like, I can't wear a band aid.
Speaker 2: To my wedding. And so then they're like, who's got super glue? So we literally super.
Speaker 1: Glued my finger together, glu super glued, opened to the wound, tried to get it to stop bleeding enough, put super glue in it. No one knows this, by the way, because I pulled it off without a hitch. But anyways, super glued my finger back together and we're still holding it. It's still bleeding. We're like, we have to wear a band aid. Les there's no way around it. I'm like trying to keep it off my wedding gown. I'm like, and I'm not freaking out at all. So my kids are there, so I'm playing it cool. I'm like, you guys, it's gonna be fine. Mom's fine, everything's fine. Inside I'm not thinking everything's fine. I'm like, oh my effing.
Speaker 2: Goodness, you know, I didn't imagine.
Speaker 1: So it's over here, you know, way over here. While I'm standing there, it's dripping. And so then they're finally like, okay, we're a super glowed again, and we're sticking the band aid on, and they got me one that you couldn't really see, like a cusskin colored band aid. I had to go down the aisle with that, and so the whole time I'm just like, please, Jeremy, like, I hope.
Speaker 2: You can photoshop a band aid out of anything.
Speaker 5: You know, Oh my god, you would have honestly never have known.
Speaker 1: Well, my adrenaline was so kicked in that I don't think I don't think it would have. You know, nothing's going to mess with me at that moment, because I'm so like, Okay, we're getting ready to do this.
Speaker 2: I'm walking down the aisle to my husband right now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, But isn't it funny that those little hiccups. I mean, if I would have put my the perfume on two hours before, it would have been such a big deal. But it's like, right when they're coming to get me, Oh my good.
Speaker 3: Yep, no a million for I didn't even know and you could even see it when you're walking, so your fine. I also thought it was interesting that you actually had a color palette for all of your guests, yes, the neutrals.
Speaker 5: And you literally forced me to not wear black.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, honey, I thought. I even told John, I said, she might not come, Honey, she might not show up. So the reason behind that is because my last wedding was black tie and everything was everyone was in you know, the tuxedos, the dark A lot of gowns were dark everything, and it just didn't feel right for this.
Speaker 2: I wanted a whimsicult wedding.
Speaker 1: I wanted something that felt totally still glamorous, still top notched, still.
Speaker 2: Touxedo like, but I didn't want it to be.
Speaker 1: I wanted bright and airy or not bright, but like earth tones and just everyone to kind of you know, because my gown was going to stick out no matter what because of all of the amount of crystals it had on it, right, So it was like, it doesn't I don't care that I don't stand out, and if everybody's in tope, I don't care if everyone's in champagne and tope.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of where that originated from.
Speaker 1: And so then my designer and wedding planner and myself and John all had to come up with which colors we thought would look good with the background and all that, and I mean it turned out incredible. I loved how the audience was. Yeah, they were just so beautiful the audience.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is an audience. We have an audience taking out. Those were my guests.
Speaker 3: You know what's so funny is Galina and your best friend Mandy and then myself all wearing that really pretty sage green. We literally looked like your unofficial bridesmaids. That we started calling ourselves as a joke, your unofficial bridesmaids. And we hadn't even planned that because there's only so many neutral colors you can pick from, right, No, it was.
Speaker 1: I mean our color Collette had like the mob and the champagne and the ivory and like the gray and all that. Most a lot of the women were in a shade of green or a shade of some kind of a brownish topish color, which I think was beauty. It just worked out beautifully. But yeah, that was so funny. And I saw that post one if you posted that, and I'm like, oh, that's idd you basically are. I mean, you were my You were both at both of my shuindigs.
Speaker 5: All three of us were at everything.
Speaker 2: No, Mandy couldn't make Vegas.
Speaker 1: Mandy couldn't make But you guys kind of are my unofficial Like if there were bridesmaids, probably would have been you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my kids, my kids superseded you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, We're fine. It's your kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I have to ask you something.
Speaker 1: It's kind of and and I don't know if I'm stipping off my balance here, but oh, you're fine.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, I don't think you're going to like this very much, but I'm gonna do it there anyway.
Speaker 5: Let me take a set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you feel first of all, does it feel different? Did it feel different when you were married like once you once it officially happened, did you feel like your relationship instantly? Was there something different about it, like just on another level?
Speaker 5: Yes, a million percent.
Speaker 2: Isn't that weird? Look to me, that's weird. I'm going somewhere with this, But isn't that so weird?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I did not expect that because I've been married before, and I think I was so young and maybe it just wasn't that because it was wasn't this man.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel the minute we set our vowels and and and he God was there, and he blessed our union and we left as husband and wife.
Speaker 2: I just walking down that aisle.
Speaker 1: I remember shaking and holding Johnny's hand and feeling like this is just like now you're you're You're still mine and you've been mine all along, but now.
Speaker 3: It's like a different mind. It's like wow, it's like more deeper. Yeah, instant intimate.
Speaker 1: Speaking about that's I'm saying that intimacy is on a whole other level even now.
Speaker 2: And you know, Johnny and.
Speaker 1: I do not have a problem with that, but I'm like, I have to ask Joe, is it I mean, we're both laying in there, We're.
Speaker 2: Like, this is so much different and better, like even better. I don't get it. It was it was instant, and john like, that's because we went before God. We did it before God. So there is something there is something to.
Speaker 1: Say about saying your vows and doing it in a you know, because at first, when I met John, I told him, but I was in a very broken state, but I told him I don't need to get married again.
Speaker 2: I don't want I don't I don't even think I want to, you know.
Speaker 1: And then over the progression of our relationship that it felt like Okay, now, yes, I do want I want to be a chance and I want to be your wife. But to go from that to then now being married and feeling like it's even such a stronger bond is just incredible, incredible.
Speaker 5: No, it's the most beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: And then my question is always like when people say their vows and they get married, right and then like five ten years later, there's like vowl renewals that people sometimes do or like don't do do you think that you would you think you guys would do a vow renewal or would you or would you not?
Speaker 1: I don't know about that, because you know, Jim and I did that right before we divorce. We did it actually on David Tutera's TV show. We did the vow renewal and that was in twenty sixteen, and we got divorced in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: And I knew when we did the vow renewal.
Speaker 1: I knew we were hanging on by a thread and we were trying everything at that point.
Speaker 2: But haven't you.
Speaker 1: Heard the thing where people say if you get a tattoo matching tattoos, that's the kiss of death on a marriage or the ring finger tattoo. That's the kiss of death. And then also the vow renewal is a kiss of death. Do you like Vicky got Vicky? Vicky got her renewal done with Dawn, remember, because I was with her on during that time, filming with her on that. I wasn't at her valw renual, but I was on the show with her, I was friends with her, and then they got divorced like the next year.
Speaker 3: So does that do those kind of things worry you at all? Honestly, I think it's superstitious. I never I've never heard the ring thing right. Ever, I obviously know people do it personally, not my gig and the vow renyal thing, I think it can be sweet, you know, and also just an excuse to have another party right with like friends like ten years later.
Speaker 5: But I also have friends who are like.
Speaker 3: If you're doing a vow renewal, there's a reason you're renewing your vows, Like why renew your valves if everything is beautiful?
Speaker 1: Like you know so, But to each their own two, I think the I think the reason it ever started. In my opinion, I might be totally wrong, but I think the reason valve renual's ever even started, is just to put the spark back in there because your wedding date is so special, and so a decade goes by and maybe it's getting a little bit kind of ore, and you're like, oh, let's get the feels back again, Let's get yeah, do the whole wedding day feel again. But I just I feel like I feel like I haven't even talked to John about this. Obviously, it's it's both of our opinions, but I feel it the point I would say probably not, but I am still getting off the high of the production we just threw, you know, and the whole amazingness and the feeling of all of the of how much fun that party was. But I think, also, Joe, why can't you just have a birthday party that glamorous or do something like that and then, do you know, do something you know and another way to get the I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no for right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean not me asking you about valur noiles, when you just got married.
Speaker 2: At the point, okay, what do we have me the next party?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, But honestly, your wedding was perfect.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if well, okay, what did you guys take a honeymoon.
Speaker 5: We did?
Speaker 2: You did? And where did you go?
Speaker 5: We went?
Speaker 3: I always forget the name of it because it was an island.
Speaker 5: That's all I got. And it starts with me. It's not Bermuda there, it's like.
Speaker 2: A really Barbados. Is that even an island? You just said be you said a word?
Speaker 5: Maybe I forget the name. It's a smaller island.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well was it fun because you don't even remember the name?
Speaker 5: Well, that's the.
Speaker 3: Thing is okay, So yes, I liked it. But it was a little bit more you know what it was. It was because like the hotel was more of like a smaller hotel. It was supposed to be private. They gave us like a private dinner on the beach. It was like, you know, was no man, I'm like the worst wife friend.
Speaker 2: Okay. Anyways, but go back to what it was. Go back.
Speaker 3: So because it was small, like the actual like island was smaller. It was a thing where it was the staff would be either down by the beach taking care because they had like a restaurant on like the beach and stuff like that, or they would.
Speaker 5: Like come up.
Speaker 3: So if they were down at the beach. There was nobody at like the pool to like be a bartender, So it was like that kind of a small It was more of like a boutique.
Speaker 1: You're, yeah, you're tasting them more than them being there, like yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Okay exactly, And so I don't know that. I like more of like an inclusive like restaurants. There's things to do in the actual like hotel versus lat you we kind of had to go out.
Speaker 1: Did you get like this ups like sadness after the wedding, like oh my gosh, like the relief of like being done, but at the same time like kind of like when Christmas is over?
Speaker 2: Did you get that that that?
Speaker 1: Like I remember because John and I went to Surf and Sand for two days. We stayed at the venue for two days and then we uh went to Surf and Sand for two days to be on the water and just basically sleep.
Speaker 2: I mean, we were so frick and tired, but we ordered room.
Speaker 1: Service and we didn't even go Yeah, we went to dinner one night in the hotel, but we did not leave the hotel the Surf and Sand. But anyways, that's my absolute favorite place by the way here in town like staycation place. But anyway, I remember having this like sadness, like a sadness and being like, wow, now it's all done.
Speaker 2: But I had this excitement because now I'm missus Jansen.
Speaker 1: But it was like wow, like I've been spending sleepless, sleepless nights planning it and then it's all over that quickly.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I was gonna That's what I was wondering for you was how you were feeling about the wedding being over too, because I also went through that.
Speaker 5: Because you go from you're.
Speaker 3: So stressed out you're doing journaline yah of like all the things and you can't keep everything straight.
Speaker 1: You have all these things you have to do to where it's like, I mean, believe me, we're still busy.
Speaker 2: We have like three careers and all that, all these things going.
Speaker 1: But it's like I'm just like, Okay, well I don't have to get up in the middle of the night and make notes about the wedding now, because I used to like wake up in the middle of the night and make notes right like, oh my gosh, I had to do this first thing in the morning, and.
Speaker 2: So I wouldn't sleep much at all.
Speaker 1: You know, but yeah, I was definitely sad, definitely had a sadness.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean now I'm just like, okay, I'm glad I get my life back. But there was that even being at a beautiful resort like the Servant Sanda, I was just like, ugh, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, kind of bummed. And then I look over at my head and I'm like, Okay, I'm not bummed anymore.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I mean you I feel like in even like right before the wedding day, You're like I remember just feeling like, oh my gosh, like I'm so excited to Mary Taran, but I just want the wedding day to be here already because I'm so tired of like stressing about the planning of it.
Speaker 5: But then once it happened, then.
Speaker 3: You kind of like miss the planning of it, but forget how stressed out you were, you know. But like also it was just it was such a special like season for me that you know, I also really hold that feeling like.
Speaker 5: In my heart of like yeah, I'm so precious you know.
Speaker 2: His engagement to you. Remind me if this is right or not.
Speaker 1: But because this is why I loved your wedding so much, is because he is a musician, and he does he brings this element of that too wherever he goes. But wasn't his engagement to you. He was saying you a song and got down on one knee. Yeah that song, Yeah, I remember now because it was that was twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right in the middle of COVID.
Speaker 3: And then I know he wrote the song Become My Wife, which, by the way, I don't even know how like to write a song and perform a song before you're about to propose.
Speaker 1: My voice, My voice would be so shaky, you know, like nerves.
Speaker 5: I was literally stunned.
Speaker 3: And the fact that like at the time I was doing YouTube and he knew to like document that entire like surprise proposal and like give me the video of like and you can have this for your YouTube channel now and now we can look back at like our proposal story and always have that as like it's kind of like a home video, if you will, right, like all of these memories.
Speaker 1: But were you surprised? You were you weren't expecting it right at that moment.
Speaker 5: Yes, I've never been surprised like that and so misled.
Speaker 3: Okay, awesome, that's the best way to do, Yeah, a million percent.
Speaker 5: Were you surprised when John proposed?
Speaker 1: Well, I knew it was coming because we picked out the ring together. But it's funny because he was doing all these things to throw me off. Like he flew us to London to meet his brother and I'm like, oh, this is where he's proposing, right, And then we did another little trip somewhere, and then he booked Santa Sedro Ranch, and so I'm just like at this point, I'm like, he's just you know, I'm like, he's probably not even gonna do it at one of these places we go. He's just going to go down in the kitchen on one knee and propose when I'm cooking dinner. But anyway, it was Santa Ceedra Ranch. So but I was because I was It's funny. He went to the bathroom and I cannot tell he was nervous at all. He like kicked it off without a hitch and and so I'm you know, we've just finished dinner, you know where When I went back.
Speaker 2: To think about it, though, they made a mistake because.
Speaker 1: Right when we sat down, the guy brought a bottle of champagne like boob or something, and it was like congratulations, and then John was like what.
Speaker 2: I was like what. And then so then he walked away, and I was just like, okay, that's weird. But then we ate dinner, and now.
Speaker 1: Looking back, I was like, oh my god, gosh, I should have that should have been like this the thing that so then but John played off so cool because he was just like, wrong table, I think, and the guy guy guy looks at the like the manager, and the manager's like, yeah, rock table.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, it's over here, it's over here. So then he he played it off all two, you know. But then John went to the bathroom. So the meal is over right.
Speaker 1: John went to the bathroom and I said no to dessert. He said no to dessert. And then he comes back and he sits down and he's got tears in his eyes.
Speaker 2: And I'm on the phone with Miles. Miles are just or one of the one of the kids. It just called me about something and was.
Speaker 1: There was some been needing done here at home, and so I'm like, not even in the mindset of romanticness at all.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm on kid mom mode, right, So I'm looking down at the phone.
Speaker 1: I look up and I'm like okay, my love you byte and I click and he's got tears in his eyes and I'm like, are you okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah to me? Did you eat something wrong or let's go on, and he's just like he's like, you know, I just I just can't.
Speaker 1: And he's he started talking about our relationship and I was like, oh, honey, I love you too, and.
Speaker 2: Then he he goes, you know what, I can't. I can't hold it anymore, and he had.
Speaker 1: He had then got in the box and put it in his pocket when he went to the bathroom, and so then he got you know, pulled it out and did the thing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was so I was shocked.
Speaker 3: That's so sweet. I'm surprised you didn't see the box in his pants.
Speaker 1: Well that the good part about it was he was walking, so my back was to him. So he's coming this way from the bathroom. But I had been on my head was down, I was talking to the kids, so I wasn't even looking at him when he sat down. I wasn't paying any attention to him at all. He said he was kind of covering it, like the way he was walking, he was trying to cover it up. But like I was just and then I look up at him, and that's when I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, Okay, what just happened to the bathroom?
Speaker 3: You know, like why are you walking out of the bathroom crying?
Speaker 2: Who was in there?
Speaker 5: I love that so much.
Speaker 3: Honestly, First of all, having known you for over ten years now, right, I can truly say I've never seen you happier.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's so cliche though. I feel like everybody says that when they see someone in love.
Speaker 6: Really yeah, but you really do see a different kind of happiness to me, I truly because I've seen you with other people or like heard you talk about like if you're dating, right, if you're dating someone.
Speaker 1: But you also saw me what you also saw me in my marriage and saw me with my ex before John, So yeah, and you think this is a different happiness.
Speaker 3: It's literally night and day, there's no question, Like it's on your face. And also in the way that John treats you, right, like even when before you guys had ever gotten engaged, like he always just took care of you with the little things like you know, opening your car door, like putting out his hands so you could take it to step you down from the car, like like that's so rare these days. Chivalry truly sometimes is dead right sometimes, and it just like I just I thought it was so so sweet that he has always taken care of you like that, and I, as one of your very good friends, like that's all that you want.
Speaker 1: I agree, you know, I agree, and every woman just needs to be treated this way, and I just want to be sure to like I just you know, I point those things out to my kids too, and I'm like, see, that's how you should be treated, Like that's that's the way a man is supposed to treat a woman. And also you know, he points it out about me, like look at your look at your mom or look at Alexus, like like that's what that's what we should be doing for each other, you know, because I think that, you know, and especially with teenagers, they can get in bad relationships and and and healthy things, and you know, I just I really want I'm so happy that I get to emulate a healthy relationship with them, you know, with them watching it.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know, though my ex did did send the day before the wedding, did say wishing you, like, you know, a good day tomorrow or something like that.
Speaker 3: I was actually going to ask you about that if he had sent you like a message or a congratulations, because I know I got that when I married Teraryn from people, Yeah I did, but so he did say, yeah, congratula.
Speaker 1: That was my only ex though there was only one. Yeah, but I haven't had any others at this moment. You had some from.
Speaker 4: Several exes, yes, well that was nice of them, But yeah, I had a few that just you know, because as a content creator, I'm posting my life all the time.
Speaker 5: So yeah, they saw videos.
Speaker 3: And content and we're just like congratulations, you know. And also that would remind me to like unfollow them Instagram.
Speaker 2: I don't think you have to do that.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: I'm friends with all my exes. Like, I don't have any bad blood with any of them. It's like I just think that it's we're old enough now. I mean, it's just I want to be kind to them and say, hey, I want to see about.
Speaker 5: No, a million percent, I'm actually good with.
Speaker 3: Well all of my exes except for one.
Speaker 2: We can't. We both know we're not going to go there though, right, we're not going there.
Speaker 5: Yeah I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So then now now what are like next steps? What are what are the newlyweds doing now? Like, do you have any plans obviously? Did you tell me you're going on honeymoon?
Speaker 2: No, we did a pre honeymoon. We did.
Speaker 1: We did the honeymoon before the wedding because the wedding was in October. And then comes his birthday, my twins eighteenth birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and I'm just like John, if we if we left for any period of time and I still had to get the house back in order from the big barbecue or the big you know, chef brunch the next day I had, there's just so much I'm like.
Speaker 2: I needed to not do anything after.
Speaker 1: We'll put that off till I'm thinking maybe March or April or even May. But I want to go to like Bora Bora or Maldive, somewhere more like you know, a tropical island that neither John or I have been to. So I don't know when the best weather for that. We haven't even started planning it yet. But yeah, So for me, the holidays are all about like I am the one that wants to put the tree up and do all of that, So I want to host and that's so, it's like it just seemed stressful to me after that big of a you know event, to then think about leaving again for ten days and worrying about the kids and leaving them.
Speaker 2: We are, Oh, this is funny though.
Speaker 1: So about two months ago, after John knew I didn't want to take a honeymoon okay right away, and he wouldn't have been as stressed as I would.
Speaker 2: It's more it's more falls on my shoulders.
Speaker 1: I think he would have been okay, but I just didn't the one that it's life's too busy right now.
Speaker 4: But he.
Speaker 2: I get a.
Speaker 1: Note from maybe it was four three months ago, but I get a you know, a message that my high school reunion is going to be October. In October, okay, so it's coming up.
Speaker 2: So I'm leaving. We're leaving for five.
Speaker 1: Days, and I'm like, sorry, honey, your your high your honeymoon's my high school reunion.
Speaker 2: And he's like, don't you kind of want to go do that on your own? Aren't you gonna Are you gonna enjoy your friends more on your own? And I'm like, nope, you're coming with me?
Speaker 5: Are you taking them with you?
Speaker 1: But the good part about that is he's going to see for John, he's going to see my family farm and and we'll go visit that side of my family. And then Galena's going to come meet us for a day. She's in Kansas City, so she's gonna meet us a day, and then we're going to go visit my my other uncle who was who couldn't travel, and and and John's going to get to meet him because they're very important parts of my life. So it's kind of like a it's kind of like a family reunion after the wedding for people that couldn't go.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, and the family and the and.
Speaker 1: The whole high.
Speaker 2: School reunion thing. Can you believe I can say I have a thirtieth high school reunion? Oh mg?
Speaker 5: I one million percent cannot.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm like, guys, I'm texting the senior, you know, the class president. I'm like, I'm like, are you sure it's not our twenty fifth?
Speaker 2: Are you sure you did the math? Right there?
Speaker 5: It's crazy. Listen forever twenty seven?
Speaker 2: That's oh girlfriend, That's what I say all the time. Yeah, I still feel twenty seven in my heart, like.
Speaker 3: Same wherever that Yeah, a million percent so well.
Speaker 1: I think this has been absolutely fabulous, and getting back to like getting to hear more about your wedding because it kind of took us on a little memory lane venture and the fact that we were both at each other's weddings.
Speaker 2: Now, I hope this is like forever our last.
Speaker 1: Like you know, I'm praying because Lord knows, my track record has not been great.
Speaker 2: But I'm kidding, I am.
Speaker 5: I'm very confident.
Speaker 2: I feel good. I feel good that it's my last.
Speaker 1: But and as you know, you know, I'm wishing you with the rest of your day to be a very blessed and happy day. But I'm also a kind of a reminder to everyone never give up on finding your true love, because it can happen for me again.
Speaker 2: You know, it's possible for anyone.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, for the for the listeners out there, if you're ready to fall in love again and need some help navigating chapter two, call us or email us all the infos in the show notes, and follow us on socials. Make sure to rate and review the podcast It's I Do Part two and iHeart radio podcasts where falling in love is the main objective.