Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Rebecca fergus trend man Hunt. You know what it is, We've got theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might not know what it is.
Speaker 1: Actually. Rebecca Ferguson is an.
Speaker 2: Actor, uh.
Speaker 1: And she told a story from behind the scenes of one of her films about the a person that was number one on a call sheet. I think the wording is interesting there. We will analyze the wording. Who just belittled her? Berated her on set and everybody is trying to figure out who she's talking about. Who was it which first on the call sheet? A whole spoke badly to our Rebecca. We will get to that, but first we've got some political news. Jo Biden won the Michigan primary. However, the results should probably be worrying to him. So there's been activists working for a group Listen to Michigan that is not pleased with Biden's handling of Gaza for some reason, and they urged voters to vote Uncommitted to protests Biden's support of Israeli military action. They thought based on the amount of you know, money and work that they put in, they were like, man, if we could get ten thousand uncommitted votes in the primary, that would be wild. As of Wednesday morning, uncommitted had more than one hundred thousand votes, accounting for thirteen point three percent of the vote. That's like a staggering amount, more than five times the amount of Michigan's uncommitted voters when Obama ran for reelection in twenty twelve, like that, like in the actual election. Right, So it's just like anybody any of the you know, mainstream Democrats who are like, guys, you're making too big a deal out of this, Like people, this isn't actually going to matter, like this matters to people, Like this is a major fucking problem for you guys and for all of us anybody who doesn't want Trump to be the president, Like this is a major fucking problem. Yeah, fucking this up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I mean, it was definitely a low bar, I think because they knew, right, because the average is around twenty thousand uncommitted, and they got to over one hundred thousand. But either way, when you look at the margins of like even twenty twenty or twenty.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, that's a substantial amount. He only won by about.
Speaker 3: One hundred and fifty and twenty twenty and it was even less than that in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I like again this was like used, It's interesting.
Speaker 3: There's obviously this is like a protest vote, right, so they say this is obviously Biden's going to be the nominee. But what we can show is that there is a substantial amount of people who are explicitly trying to communicate to the president and this administration that they are deeply unsettled and unhappy with what our foreign policy is.
Speaker 2: Like, now, will that change? I don't like right now?
Speaker 3: You see, there's a there's a story about how in March apparently the administration may be asking the net and Yahoo to like explicitly say like how he's going to abide by law or whatever to kind of keep the horrific deaths of innocence to a minimum or not at all. But again it doesn't what, like, you know, the thing that people are really yearning for is to say, like, if you're president of the United States, can you use your office to do the right thing, which in this case is to call for an immediate cease fire at a minimum and then figure out what to do from there. And the will is there, I mean, like if you look at the polling nationally, it's over significant over well over sixty percent of like Democrats. We're like, yeah, I've seized. Yeah, we're seizfire. Yes, we like that. That's not controversial to people. Uh in Michigan, it's like around at least over like fifty percent there.
Speaker 2: So you're not talking about a fringe issue here. And as much as they want.
Speaker 3: To act like they're like, well, we'll just keep raising the specter of a Trump presidency, it's just really dison.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's a it's a fuck.
Speaker 3: You to people who are saying this, these are these are things that we were asking for you as a president and then just to be you know, browbeat by like the punditry class being like, well then you basically want Trump to win, right, No, you're saying if you if you're gonna earn someone's vote, this is what we're saying, this is what we're asking for. Yeah, yeah, I mean, like the the absolute uh there there's a there's a frenzied activity from like the sort of vote blue no matter who section of people who are like, you know, like just just be happy that could be this or so it could be a Muslim band for Trump.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's not a that's not the rhetoric. Rhetorically, that's not a.
Speaker 3: Strategy that is going to get you the outcome that you want. So yeah, again, it's also young people too. It's not just the like Arab and Muslim community in Michigan. There's also students and stuff like that who are increasingly becoming impatient with the administration or saying can you do something I don't agree with, Like people who are like accelerationists, who are like, well, then maybe everything needs to fall apart, maybe.
Speaker 2: A different outcome certainly.
Speaker 3: But but again, this is but this is how this is how delicate this whole situation is. And for someone who is seeking office, rather than putting it on the voters saying, well, like, look, man, I'm in a fixed position where I'm progeniside, I don't know what they want me to do. Maybe you need to reevaluate what those positions are in order to maybe court the vote of people who are telling you right now in a soft after away, which is here's six figure. This is a six figure group you know of voters who are explicitly saying this is something that needs to be done. So yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens. And also, the fucking ice cream thing did not go over will either man did not go over well.
Speaker 1: I thought people thought it was cool when I had ice cream, Jack.
Speaker 2: Not when you're saying stuff like that, Joe.
Speaker 1: No, Mich McConnell's stepping down. Just announced he's stepping down as a Republican Senate leader. He will still continue to serve his term, which doesn't end until twenty twenty seven. Like in the Senate, he will still be in the Senate, he just will not be the Republican Senate leader. Aides claim that this decision is not related to health problems like the recent concussion or that time his brain straight up crashed like Windows ninety five on live TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll keep an eye on it.
Speaker 3: Is there a clear successor, it's gonna be one of the people. I mean, like if you go in the order of like the leadership positions, it's yeah, I mean it's like John Thune, John Cornyn, and John Barrasso literally three John's, so you have your I think that's you know, that's like who his leadership team is. But the vote for that position is going to be interesting because while you have these sort of like you know, the diehard McConnell type dudes, you also have increasing maga freaks too, who are.
Speaker 2: Going to be asking to do something. Yeah, but yeah, I don't. I don't know, man, that's old.
Speaker 1: Everyone's name was John, Yeah, yeah, exactly of these flashy names like Bob or Richard. All right, we have an update kind of we We talked yesterday about how Wendy's was investing twenty million dollars in digitizing all of their pricing signs in order to make it possible for them to engage in surge pricing where they could like fluidly change the price based on demand and supply. And I saw the end of just like a dim future where like the second the bars let out, suddenly baconators cost twenty five dollars, they're now claiming, ah, psych, that was a pump fake. You've heard of the baconator. How about the pump faconator?
Speaker 3: We did, no, got your ass, dude, And look I knew it.
Speaker 2: This felt like some weird ass weather balloon shit, but also.
Speaker 3: Like they really so that the thing was uttered by the CEO like a shareholder call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I think that.
Speaker 3: Was only a good idea to only the people on that call, right, which is a minority of people. Those are not the people that you count on for your sharehold their value. But yeah, the way they said, now, it's so funny. Said quote, we said these menu this is this is an official statement from Wendy's corporate quote. We said these menu boards will give us more flexibility to change the display of featured items. This was misconstrued in some media reports as an intent to raise prices when demand is highest at our restaurants. We have no plans to do that and would not raise prices when our customers are visiting us most. But this dude literally said dynamic pricing, right, So maybe they're trying to be like that also means she could be cheaper when never know.
Speaker 2: That's we're a corporation.
Speaker 1: We might do that.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 1: We can know whatever we want. That's never once happened in the billions of examples of corporations.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no what.
Speaker 1: To charge people except for that free walk tomorrow, extra gualk on that extra day.
Speaker 2: Yeah at cho.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break. Well, we'll come back and get in to Rebecca Ferguson's manhunt. We'll be right back, and we're back. So, during an interview promoting Dune two, colon, I burned my dick on hot Popcorn, Butter, I think JM just wrote that. I don't think that's the actual subtitle.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, we've seen the buckets.
Speaker 1: We've seen we've seen the buckets, the most fuckable popcorn buckets in I've got to say months. Anyways, Rebecca Ferguson, who plays Dune's mother in the film, I think I don't think the lead character's name is done, but that's what we're going with, Dune's mother, mother of Doune. You mom got it going on so on some pop podcast that I don't know, but it's not ours. I can tell you that much.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she talked about how she once had an absolute idiot of a co star who screamed at her on set and made her cry, and then she returned to work and refused to even look at them in the face. Performing our lines to the back of this person's head when her request for a tennis ball was declined sounds like truly like a fucking monster. This person was like this is what I have to act against or this is what I don't know. We don't know who it was because she was very specific, not to make it make it clear whether it was man or woman or you know, just said this human being, this person made me so scared. And because this person was number one on a call sheet, there was no safety net for me, so no one had my back that she was just.
Speaker 2: It is the top built person.
Speaker 3: I know that we were trying to say all call sheet might meant on a specific shoot day, the star might not be there. Therefore, whoever was next billing would be top of the call sheet. But when you're also describing an environment where like, what the fuck could I do? It was the fucking star of the film, right, rather than like the secondary or tertiary lead or whatever.
Speaker 1: So Rebecca Ferguson, if you're not familiar, has been in films such as The Mission Impossibles, The Greatest Showman, Doctor Sleep. So people immediately throughout Tom Cruise because we've heard him kind of Tom lose it on the cast of Mission Impossible and Hugh Jackman. I don't know why people just immediately, probably because that's the second most famous movie that she's in, but she has since said it was neither of them. But the internet has gone to work trying to figure out who this is. There's such a great move by the Rock, who she was in a film with who Hercules? I think, yeah, yeah, he tweeted, hate seeing this, but love seeing her stand up to bullshit. Rebecca was my guardian angel sent from heaven on air set. I love that woman. I'd like to find out who did this, so just like real like it wasn't me.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that makes him my prime suspect.
Speaker 1: It does, but it also like would be putting him out in front in a way that I feel like would be unwise, and he is not unwise. When it comes to pr I feel like, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, I don't know, it's genius because it would then be like, but it was you, and then it would be like it was you, it was you The Rock, Dwayne Dwayne Rock.
Speaker 1: So the top suspects include Michael Fassbender and Jake Jillenhall.
Speaker 2: The Snowman together.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did that Snowman. But Ferguson seemingly had a parent warmth towards jillen Hall and claimed that she sang and had snowball fights on set with Fastbender.
Speaker 3: So but when we're like, so those might be previous interviews or she's not gonna be like, yeah, Dode, the guy's a piece of shit, right, you know, Like are they still friends now? Like is she kicking it with? Do they exchange Christmas cards? But these people, right, so I think you can still put them.
Speaker 2: I think they're still on the table.
Speaker 1: You do occasionally hear the Gillenhall is intense behind the scenes. So that one just popped a flag for me. I was like, we're gonna we're gonna flag that one. We'll come back to it. Let me just circle back on that one. Then Hugh Grant's name came up. It did camed up. It came up named duncom up. So he appeared with Ferguson in Florence Foster Jenkins. They do not seem to be There seem to be very little warmth between miss Ferguson and mister Grant in the press photos. Uh. And so the main issue here he was not number one on that call sheet, right, I will say on a day of the shooting, he may have been a number one on a call sheet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, But he seems.
Speaker 3: He seems a bit insufferable based on like the Wonka stuff too, that he was talking a bunch of shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, I don't know, it's weird. I believe it could be anyone.
Speaker 3: If you heard me, I'm like, yeah, it's the Rock, Yeah, it was Jake, Jolly Ross Member, it's all of.
Speaker 1: Them falls remember it's all of us. Actually that's what Actually we're going to find out. It's going to be like a poor raw mystery, where like you find out at the end that everybody did it like that. But it's I mean, so people pointed out on the one that Hugh Grant was not number one on the call sheet. Tell you who was little uh miss Meryle Street coming at her being like you suck compared to me, I'm the shit. I think that's probably only plausible because people have seen The Devilwaars Prada and she played a character like that and The Devil Wears Prada. But I don't know, you know the other one. People like in one article, people were like Emily Blunt was her co star in Girl on Train And there was even somebody who was like I remember that day, suggesting like, so I think that's where this goes. We need to get testimony from a person who like worked on the crew, you know, behind the scenes, and is willing to violate an NDA anonymously on the internet. Is that too much to ask? Probably, But I don't know our entertainment and information.
Speaker 3: Look, if you don't buy a ticket, you can't win the lottery. So just put it out there.
Speaker 1: Just put it out there, Brian the Editor's out. Ryan Reynolds is somebody that she has worked with before.
Speaker 3: That would be great if that just completely blew up his whole fucking shit, you know what I mean. Like it was just like he has such a nice guy persona and he's Canadian.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, no, no way, not him, not him.
Speaker 1: But I threw out before we started recording, I said, you know, doctor sleep. Her number one was you and McGregor. You and McGregor. I'm only suspicious of because you don't really get a look at him behind Like he doesn't I don't know, he doesn't give a clear energy off like other You see him act a lot, but he doesn't do like a lot of you know, things out there, right, And then super producer Victor was like, you keep you and McGregor's name out of your fucking mouth and then made a throat slashing gesture and so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well no, he did the thing from Eastern Promises that Vigo Mortensen did where he just took two fingers.
Speaker 1: Two fingers on either side of the wind pipe. Yeah, even know what it means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to know him, so you know what, I'm just gonna shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Brian the editor said, Ewan always has the high ground. I said, is that because he's Scottish? And he mocked me.
Speaker 3: Oh Jack, I believe, Oh Jack, oh Jack, you silly, silly full Apparently.
Speaker 1: It was a Star Wars reference, and I'm the dork for not getting the Star Wars.
Speaker 2: A prequel, a prequel event, a prequel one no less. But uh yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is just it's compelling. I'm always amazed at how like you'll you'll assume you'll see these people interviewed on talk shows, they will be normal. You'll be like, these are normal people. They just do this for a living, and then you'll like get this video of what a movie shoot is like, and like the director is like getting into a fistfight with Lil Tomlin, Why would this be an acceptable way for you to like behave on set?
Speaker 2: Was that Huckabees?
Speaker 1: That was yeah, David oh Russell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I lost it.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. That one where the Christian bale one is still one of my favorites. It's like she's somebody's like walking through his light or something. Yeah, the mockery with which he es like you're over there, mate, do doy, it's.
Speaker 2: Believable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, they take it ay man, they're make them ups. They take it seriously.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's funny. It's just funny, like how fragile some of them are.
Speaker 2: I just like that.
Speaker 3: That's the context in which you can just absolutely fucking lose it on someone is when you're acting, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you're higher than them on the call feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like there's no other place where you do that and they're like, oh, I mean, hey man, sorry about that. Like you know how it is like any other place you're like what the fuck? What the fuck? Like I'll fuck you up.
Speaker 1: But like it's like it's like that and the like military high command of a dictatorship. It's like two places that you're allowed to be able like that and everyone's like, oh, well, you know, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Right exactly? They were higher on the call sheet. What the fuck?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're fucked. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Uh, could we stay tuned? This is going to be I mean, maybe this is just what this show's about. From now on, we just ignore the twenty twenty four election and just kind of dig in on who.
Speaker 2: It was at Yeah, that and try and figure out where Kate Middleton is. Yeah, because that's the other thing.
Speaker 3: Now that it's been they're saying fifty like almost sixty something days now.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's ripe with conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: All right, Well those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, February twenty eighth, the very last day of February. No questions asked. We are back tomorrow with definitely a March episode, and you count on that until then. Be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.