Speaker 1: I'm Teddy Mellencamp and this is Emily Simpson and you're listening to popping off.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: I know we were only supposed to watch, you know, one episode at a time, but couldn't couldn't.
Speaker 2: Can't stop, won't stop, had to watch all eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I had. I watched them all binge right through. It couldn't stop. So but you know, let me just say this at first, and let me ask your opinion on this. Do you feel as if maybe the premise of the show was a little bit of a bait and switch, because ultimately it's not really about the swinging part, but I feel like that was the advertised to get people to drop people in.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's I mean, I think the main point of why this show is working. And I'm I saw this somewhere on the world wide Web, so I'm not fully coming up with this opinion on my own, but I so just giving credit to where credits do. I read it, And I was like, oh my gosh, this resonated with me. Is when you go to think about any other reality television show, Yes, it's people maybe put together for certain reasons, or people knowing each other, in advance and then they're bringing on friends or whatever. But this is a group of women who joined something mom Talk solely because of how many followers they all had to continue to create clout, So none of them actually really give two shits about the other people. They just care about building themselves up, so nobody really cares about Uh.
Speaker 1: Please, please God make me the biggest star. Yeah, I mean wait, I think before every time we do a podcast, I feel like maybe we should do that. Please God, make us the biggest podcast ever.
Speaker 2: Please God make sure that this is.
Speaker 3: You put it into the doctrine that we have the following things.
Speaker 2: But I yes, do.
Speaker 3: I think we thought we were going to get more on the swinging a million percent. But I think the problem is is that the original women that were involved allegedly in the swinging are not on this show. Like when you even go to Jennifer afflex posts and you see like them auditioning her to be the next girl on mon Talk, it's because the original parties are no longer there.
Speaker 2: They're divorced.
Speaker 3: They're the only like I mean, yes, we see sometimes Demi or Whitney or even Layla and Macy in the original mom Talk.
Speaker 2: Videos, but Taylor is really the OG. She's the OG of the SLC.
Speaker 1: The OG of the SLC. That's good, But do you think I just feel like like Hulu maybe just did a little bit of a bait and switch. I'm not saying that the show didn't live up to expectations, because clearly we loved it, We binged it, we watched all eight episodes at once. I just think maybe there was a little bit of a bait and switch where people were tuning in thinking they're going to get one thing and then they just got something totally different. Like I think the swinging scandal is what gets people to click on it and watch. But they stay because it's.
Speaker 2: Good, because they stay because it's good.
Speaker 3: And I think, as you know, clearly it's number one show on Hulu, so I feel like it's definitely, as you pointed out, going to get picked up again. So I think we will start to delve more into their personal relationships, and you know, without giving things away, if you haven't mentioned the entire season, and since we're solely talking about episode two, you know, we're not gonna, you know, throw away that some of the conversations that were had at the end of the season, but we start digging into their personal relationships and their marriages and their life as the season progresses. So I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up filming soon and just keep it going. But before we even get into episode two, I want to kind of give everybody an idea of what we're working with on each one of the ladies social media followings. Okay, So we've got Taylor, who you know, the og who was the original one that outed the swinging scandal on TikTok. She has four point two million followers on Instagram. She has four hundred and sixty four thousand followers. Uh. Then we've got Mikayla, who we already had on the pod and I wish we had been able to watch watch I know.
Speaker 1: That was I was thinking that too. I had so much like, damn, why couldn't we have watched all eight episodes and then interviewed her because we just, you know, we interviewed her before we knew we didn't Yeah, exactly don't know what you don't know. So Michayla, please come back. Lots of questions, Mikayla, please come back.
Speaker 3: But I was shocked to find out that Mikayla is the second most on TikTok. She's two point five million on Instagram, She's two hundred and eighty two thousand and Something that we never really see on this show, which is something she gets a lot of traction for on her TikTok, is that she has chronic She has a chronic condition with ezema that she really struggles with and she's been unable to she was unable to leave her house for a certain amount of times, like you see her flare ups.
Speaker 2: We don't see any of that on the show.
Speaker 1: Well, but well, she talks about it a little bit. There is like a reference. There was a reference to it. And I do notice that there's a lot of times when she doesn't have any makeup on. You know, the other girls are all glammed out and she doesn't have any makeup. But clearly it's because she's having a flare up, and I think it's probably she doesn't want to put any makeup on. But I give her, I give her a lot of props, a lot of credit for just filming, you know, with a exema flare up and no makeup on. A lot of housewives wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: No, then we have macy uh TikTok one point four million Instagram one hundred and eighty thousand. She, I guess, for lack of a better words, is kind of the voice of reason of this group.
Speaker 1: I guess she's the bridge.
Speaker 3: She's the bridge. Yeah, that's a better way to put it. She's the bridge. The storyline we never hear about from her on this season that I learned through TikTok, which I would have appreciated knowing while I was watching the show, was that her first baby daddy, the one that she got pregnant with when she was at BYU, and her like year of being you know, I forget the word, but like excommunicated from the church or whatever it was. He died, Yeah, texting her in a car accident. I can't believe there there's no mention of that on the show. I mean, there's so much more shit that we could have dug they could have dug into.
Speaker 1: I was honestly flattery acid if if that's the correct word. That it did not come up on the show because I didn't learn about until I saw a TikTok she made. Did you send me that TikTok? Somebody sent me away.
Speaker 3: We've been sending Emily and I have a full time job of sending each other tiktoks.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, here's the more, here's the more.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, but I forgot going back to Mikaela.
Speaker 3: Something else that's clearly not talked about throughout the season is that she, yes, she got pregnant at sixteen, but her husband he was at twenty two, I believe, So that is another situation they don't really delve into on the show.
Speaker 2: Then we've got Whitney.
Speaker 3: She has two million followers on TikTok. Instagram, she has two hundred and seventy four thousand. I've seen a lot of I mean, she's considered the villain of the season. A lot of what she does is kind of absurd to me, and even watching her tiktoks, but a big portion of what I guess online is saying. But what we haven't heard is that her husband, yes, he had a porn addiction allegedly, but he dealt with all of these issues growing up, and a big part of her discussions have been about why she felt the need to stay with him to support him through his childhood abuse. So there's that. So We've got Whitney, then we have Jesse. She has on TikTok not that great compared to the others. Two hundred and sixty one thousand on TikTok Instagram, one hundred and ninety three thousand. She's been in the Tiktoks for a while, but I'm kind of wondering if they brought her in solely because they wanted her to do her extensions.
Speaker 1: They were like, eh, I mean, she doesn't have that big of a following, but she does do extensions, so God, she does do extensions.
Speaker 3: We know that she is divorced, she's married again. They're the probably the least Mormon of the group at this point, and there's allegations of why she got a divorce that does actually play it on the show.
Speaker 1: But that's all I really know about her. But then we get to me, to me, to me, who by the way, to me, I like, okay, let me just say this. I'm just gonna say this, and it might be an unpopular opinion. Taylor does not give me main character energy to me, does Taylor? I think we have to remember is pregnant. That is true. I'm going to give her a pass because she's pregnant and I and I'm sure she was dealing with that and she wasn't feeling great. But to me, de Me was main character energy, Like she was like like I felt like she was more of what everybody is always fighting for, Queen Bee of this group.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean she was so excited when they said that maybe she should take over the Queen Bee.
Speaker 2: I think Taylor's gonna.
Speaker 3: Come and I mean, I we'll get into that in a second, but hold on four hundred and fifty thousand point six on TikTok Instagram's one hundred and seventy five thousand. Her backstory that we didn't get to hear about was the man that she is married to. Not only did that affair happen, her husband was married to Angie Harrington. So Angie Harrington is the girl who was a friend of on Salt Lake City who to me kind of looks like Sarah Paulson.
Speaker 1: That yeah, well one season, right, one season she was a one season friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was a redhead. I think she came in as Heather Gay's friend and then they had a falling out. She had a new husband that was and like created fake instagrams and shit like that.
Speaker 2: But the other part.
Speaker 3: That I didn't know, who knows if this is really true, but I saw it on the on the talk on the TikTok was that she met her husband to me, met her husband when she was ten years old.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what does that mean? I mean, what they met at a birthday party or something. Probably they met at the church at a church party. But they could have met like innocently. It's not like he was trying to date her when she was ten.
Speaker 3: No, but still that is like bananas when you really think about it, like, oh, we met when I was ten and then.
Speaker 1: And he was forty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean even when they showed their kids ages, you know. But they seem like a happy couple. They seem really into each other. But I mean, what she was ten and he was I think.
Speaker 1: Wait, is he the husband that they were speculating that he has a two pay because it's always in a different place.
Speaker 3: The husband Whitney's husband, Oh, Whitney's husband. Oh yeah, no, he's considered like the hot husband.
Speaker 1: He is a hot husband. I think he used to be a quarterback or something, right the NFL. Yeah, he played in the NFL. Unclear unclear. No, I'm pretty sure about that.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I love it. Then we have Jennifer Hole, who you know. I love that she's the only person that gets a last name with her age next to it every time they show it.
Speaker 1: Every time, it's like Jen Affleck and Jesse Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Malayla and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But then come to find out, not only do I despise Jen Affleck's husband, but Jen Affleck's husband who is the actual distant relative of Ben Affleck.
Speaker 2: They've never met Ben Affleck.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they haven't. They're like second cousins twice removed, and they in Utah, and they're devout Mormons. I doubt that they're hanging out in the same circle. But then Jen.
Speaker 3: Also shared on her TikTok that she was named after Jennifer Lopez. Jennifer Lopez's name, I guess is Jennifer Lynn, and so is this Jen. Her name is Jennifer Lynn. So she is proud to say on her TikTok that she is now the only Jennifer Lynn af f flack. Then we've got Layla. She's at one hundred and fifteen thousand on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Layela Laila, come on, get with the program. I'm surprised they even let you around.
Speaker 3: Layelah and then Instagram fifty four point five thousand. I know the least amount about her, mainly because.
Speaker 1: She didn't talk for the first seven episodes.
Speaker 2: Because we haven't really gotten much of her.
Speaker 3: But she is part of mom talk from the beginning, like she I see her pregnant, I see it. So she's she's been a part of this. But she's also the youngest. But they all seem to pretty much like her. But she's never had an orgasm. I mean, things have been things have been a little rough for Layla, but she's single now and ready to mingle. Yeah, do you want to do you want to break down the husbands before we get into this episode two, let's.
Speaker 1: Break down the husband's all right, Dakota is a boyfriend, not a husband of Ta. They have one child together, ever true, as we see her pregnant on this season. Dakota is a real estate agent and owns a tiling company called Basin Tiling.
Speaker 3: He also is allegedly a recovered addict, which I think they said from ventanal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what it was. Yeah, that's why he has such a problem with her drinking. I guess was that the rationale.
Speaker 3: I have to also say sometimes his eyes concerned me.
Speaker 1: I'm not like.
Speaker 3: Saying you mean like they were a little little It's this is a very toxic relationship. Very I am not a doctor, but this relationship does not seem great. He really wants to marry her. She does not want to. At least she has learned a lot. Here's the thing gotta say it. If I was going to pick a friend from I mean, looking at her past, I never would have thought Taylor would want to be one of the people that had been like, that's the girl I want to be friends with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's kind of one of my favorites. Okay, So you mean, out of the cast, if you had to hang out with one of them, you would pick Taylor. I think Taylor and Demi. I would hang out with Whitney because she's diabolical. Oh, like, I find her mind intriguing. She's diabolical.
Speaker 2: Well, now can you get into Connor please and explain.
Speaker 1: Yep. Connor is the husband to Whitney. Whitney and Connor share two children together, Sedona and Liam, and she is expecting her third child, Connor, works for Meta, which owns and operates Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, et cetera, which is right there. They were actually building the building when I left Utah.
Speaker 3: So he looks different in every episode. Just it's like so like I feel like when they first walked into the house, when they move back from why didn't he have bleach blonde hair and it was long or something? And then the next scene it wasn't long, and then the next scene it wasn't blonde, And then and then the next scene he didn't have a mustache, and then the next one he did.
Speaker 1: Like he's in the witness protection program.
Speaker 2: Like he is ever changing.
Speaker 3: And listen, I know this is a touchy subject, especially because you know your best friend gets a lot of heat for this.
Speaker 2: But Whitney's outfit choices a lot.
Speaker 1: Are we talking about Gina?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, okay, I I have Gina has way better style.
Speaker 1: This Whitney has no style. She just finds saying that Gina has no style. I'm just saying, finds a frock.
Speaker 4: A peasant frock, and puts it on and like and super glues lace onto it or something.
Speaker 3: He's giving like amish, Like once she said she wanted to move it to the farm. Later episodes, I was like, oh my gosh, okay. But their other backstory is that he was on tender.
Speaker 2: That's why they moved to Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Apparently when things get rough with he makes these dramatic changes.
Speaker 1: But then apparently she came back.
Speaker 3: But she throughout this season, you see she thinks that mom Talk will not actually be able to succeed without her. And I'm not talking about the show. I'm talking about the TikTok. But one thing Emily and I are both very proud of.
Speaker 1: Is what you're gonna say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we both turned down that dil do. We did post and Whitney did not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, I just there there is just no amount of money that I would do that. Shane even asked me because he was watching that scene. He came into the bedroom when I was watching it, and he goes, is there any amount of money that you would do that for? And I was like it would have to be millions, Like there's this, I there's this. I can't do that.
Speaker 3: But also I want to check now that I've seen all of their following numbers, like when they say twenty thousand I'm wondering if they mean for multi old post or like that's a one post TikTok that much more profitable, profitable than Instagram.
Speaker 1: I don't know because I don't have a TikTok. And now I'm thinking, should I should I get my friends together and make an old mom talk.
Speaker 3: Let's let's get a Graham talk going?
Speaker 1: Should I get like a golden golden talk started?
Speaker 3: My gosh, Then we've got Zach Affleck. He's the husband of jen They have two children, a daughter Nora a son Lucas. In July, Jennifer announced on Instagram that Zach was accepted into medical school. She is the breadwinner and she is going to be paying for his med school because he has gambled away the money allegedly that his parents gave him for med school when his parents were already doctors. Please, for the love of God, do not let me go to this man as my physician.
Speaker 1: And ten years from now when he has his license. Next husband is Brett. He's a second husband to Demi. He is forty six, she is twenty nine. They each have children from previous relationships. Brett is currently a managing partner at Armstrong consulting group. He was previously a quarterback for the Oakland Raiders from three to five. I wonder if that.
Speaker 3: Means he was actually at the playing quarterback or he was like the second string quarterback.
Speaker 1: I mean, not that it really matters, but it does, I mean it does. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then we've got Jordan, who is married to Jesse. Second husband to Jesse. They share a blended family of three kids. Jordan is a solar manager at Rise Energy.
Speaker 1: That's I mean. I don't have a ton to say about them, which is not great. Now. Not a lot to say about Jacob either. I think I only saw him pop up briefly. He's a second husband to Macy Neelye. Mason. Met Jacob while she was raising her son Hudson as a single parent following the death of his father Eric. They were married in twenty eighteen and share a daughter, Harlowe. Jacob is a sales and finance consultant at AO two Management in Utah.
Speaker 3: And then we've got Jace, who's the husband to Mikayla Matthews. Michala met Jace when she was sixteen. They have three children together, Beckham, Haven and Tommy. Jace was employed as a project manager at Waffle, Loove and Jah. However, michaela revealed that he was fired due to this show's release. I love that he's fired because of the show, but not because he was twenty one when he got his sixteen year old girlfriend pregnant.
Speaker 1: No, that's fine, that's fine, that's acceptable.
Speaker 3: Then Laylah Taylor, twenty three divorce shares two sons of their ex husband. Taylor told Today that she and her ex husband agreed that their sons would not appre appear on screen in season one of the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I say, can you imagine being twenty three divorced and with two kids? What were you doing at twenty three? I mean I was like just out of college, still dumb, and.
Speaker 3: I mean I think I was potentially at twenty four getting my first divorce but no kids.
Speaker 1: Like, can you imagine? Can you imagine to have been getting divorced at that age and have two children? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because also in my first divorce, we had nothing Like I had my neighbor do the divorce for me because she like went to like one year of law school and she was able to figure it out.
Speaker 1: My first divorce I did myself because we had no kids and no ascess. It was so easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I think the only thing that we had to separate was like some of our wedding gifts because we made it over a year of being married. Yeah, so then you don't have to return them. But there was like our china.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I think it gets it.
Speaker 2: I was like, you can have the mugs, I'll take the plates.
Speaker 1: Like, but that's why Shane and I don't get divorced now, because it's just way too complicated. It's a lot of things. It would be a lot, so we're just like that's just too much.
Speaker 3: Well, now we're on to episode two. It's eleven months after Taylor's arrest. Taylor calls it the worst night of her life. She was charged with aggravated assault and given three years of probation, plus she is pregnant again after being arrested. She and Dakota never actually broke up. They both wanted this baby, even though she acknowledges it's not the smartest decision.
Speaker 1: Do you think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I have a question about LDS. Are you allowed to be on birth control?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You are? I think you're wrong. No, I don't think so, can you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I think it's isn't it. Yeah, I don't think you can be on Shane.
Speaker 3: I really don't think you can be on birth. I'm gonna text him, text him and get back to me on that. But like Taylor, clearly we're watching because of you and you're not so smart decisions. But like, keep on keeping on because it's we're enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Google says, Okay.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you a question. Don't you find it irresponsible that she got pregnant once, had a miscarriage, but then got pregnant again even though she knows the relationship isn't great, she doesn't want to marry him, and she knows it's not a smart decision.
Speaker 3: Well, I think what we're seeing here is clearly and you know now I've gone back years and watched all of her tiktoks with Tate, her first husband, and after watching her relationship with her mother, I think she like wants love, but there's so much guilt and anxiety and all of these things surrounding the things that she's done and how she feels about herself that in the moments and oftentimes when you're in a very toxic relationship, the good is so good, you think, oh, this is going to be great, right, and then the bad is so bad. It's like, there's no way you can imagine going another day.
Speaker 1: That you're saying she got pregnant during one of those good is good Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of the highs. Then Macey, Michaela, and Whitney are together at a coffee slash tea shop. Whitney was shocked to hear about Taylor's pregnancy, and Macy says Taylor thinks with her vagina. They were all invited to Taylor's baby shower, but Whitney wants to get back to what mom talk was like before the scandal and arrests happened. Apparently, brand deals have gone down since Taylor's arrest, and Macy suggests that someone has to step up to keep the group going.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a question when she talks about brand deals, does that mean brand deals individually or do you think they get group brand deals because they make so much content together. Do they ever do brand deals as a group? I'm assuming they must.
Speaker 3: I mean at least those jumps, those sweatsuits that they all wear, because they have them in like every color with their names on them. Yeah, while they're doing these dances. It also like, as he launched these videos, I can't even imagine if I was on mom Talk because I'd be one of the bad dancer ones.
Speaker 1: It would be in the back.
Speaker 3: I would be like the Macy that's like in charge of like just doing the heart like while the other ones can like do all the moves and I'm like, oh shit, but like some of them are quite good at it. But Whitney's saying she wants it to be back to the original mom Talk. I'm like, what was the original mom Talk like before the scandal?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Do they just they just made content together, right, like fun?
Speaker 3: It's supposedly women empowerment, but like at this point, we're not seeing many women empowered other than empowered to pay for their husbands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know if that's true though. When they say they're all the they all raise their hands when they said who's the breadwinner? So you're gonna tell me that Brett, the guy that's like a consultant or whatever, Like she's making more money than he does.
Speaker 3: Probably, and I mean Brett's forty six, right, So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You've had a long time to get your act together.
Speaker 5: But also, like Whitney, if this group didn't exist and you want to get it back, then that would mean no television show for you to bug us on, and I would be so sad without that.
Speaker 3: Then we see Taylor with her mom, Leanne. They're going shopping for baby necessities. Leanne has a hard time talking to her daughter about her probation, saying Taylor's aged her ten years. Did Coda's bring up the idea of marriage frequently? Taylor's not sure if she's ready for it. She doesn't want to get hurt again, and in her confessional she breaks down, saying she doesn't feel like she deserves the happy ending that Dakota is trying to give her. I'm sorry to tell you this, Taylor. He's not going to give you a happy ending.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't have it, and I'm toxic tailor.
Speaker 3: But also I feel like Taylor's saying, Mom, don't buy me anything, because most likely I'm going to get it all for free to promote on the tiktoks. So we don't need to be buying this. We're going to promote it on the top. So we'll talk. Let's not spend the forty four dollars on the baby trash can.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you my toxic trait is when I watch this show, I think I'm the same age as these women, and then I realize that I'm probably older than Leanne.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we're older than Leanne.
Speaker 4: Don't you watch it if you think like I feel like I could just fit right into this group.
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, no, I am older than Leanne.
Speaker 3: Well, I did send you a text message, and I just prefaced it just so you guys know. I'm really pissed to you, Emily, And she's like why, And I said, because you have the opportunity by being married to Shane who is LDS, to be on this show. And Emily is like, you know what, You're right, like I do, and I feel like I dropped this opportunity.
Speaker 2: Neither of us pointing out that nobody forty eight.
Speaker 4: I forgot about that part that I'm old enough to be everyone's mother.
Speaker 3: In the In this community, you'd be on your sixteenth marriage forty four kid exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wait, Shane texted me about birth control. Do you want to hear it? Yeah? Oh? Also, I have zero TikTok followers. Okay, I asked him, can you be on birth control if you're LDS? Shane said yes, that's a private matter for married couples to decide themselves. The only guidelines I've ever read on the church counseling about family and having children is couples should have as many children as they can provide for financially, emotionally, and spiritually, but that it is a decision for the couples to make themselves and not others.
Speaker 3: So I have a question for you, just why we're in the talk of LDS. How does the church feel about the fact that you are not LDS.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I never asked him. Should I write a letter?
Speaker 3: Or is there ever a moment that Shane in your marriage was like, come give this a try.
Speaker 1: No, I will tell you. I'll give you a little background. Before Shane and I got married, there were two deal breakers. The one the first one was I'll marry you, but do you expect me to convert to LDS? And he said no. And the other one was do you want to have more kids? Because I had no kid, I had no children, And he said, yes, I want more kids. So those were my two deal breakers. I've never been pressured by Shane to convert. I go to church with him occasionally sometimes I go a lot of times I don't. But as far as the church, I do know when we lived in Utah, the missionaries would always visit my house because I was like the only non LDS person probably in like one hundred mile radius, so they were always at my house.
Speaker 3: But do you think there's less pressure because Shane's parents.
Speaker 2: Are not LDS.
Speaker 3: I feel like a lot of what we're seeing as these parties progress is that like these parents are putting these pressure on these oh yeahs women like and because he did that on his own.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's a different there is. I would say, like when people say to me like, oh, your a husband's in a cult or something like that, I'm like you, my life is so normal. There is nothing weird about anything in our life. And you're right, his parents aren't LDS. His mom, if she was religious, would be Muslim. She would be Muslim if she practiced a religion. And you know, his dad is more of just like he's like very Buddhists, you know, he's very zen. So I do think that the LDS factor within our relationship is very small it's basically just Shane and the kids go every once in a while, and I go occasionally, so it's not a huge part of our lives.
Speaker 3: Right The mom Taught girls minus Taylor are filming content at Macy's house. In this content video, they all pretend to pray, Please Lord, make me the biggest star the world has ever known. Jen Is remind the girls that they need to make videos so they can pay the bills. Then they all talk about the weirdest brand deals. You know, it's twenty thousand to promote sex toys, but the Mormon religion is very conservative, so it's a risk. And then Layla and Demi are all for it. Macy doesn't think they're paying her enough. Meanwhile, Jin says she would never promote a sex brand. Jen, You'd never be allowed. Let's be clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't even step foot within, you know, anywhere that has anything to do. Sorry, this is what happens when I watch all eight episodes.
Speaker 3: Well then, but by the way, speaking of Jin, can you please fix that hair in the back of your head right now that's sticking out?
Speaker 2: Because did you notice?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Jin, I was very confused because everybody is very well quaffed this entire season, and unless Jin is doing a TikTok video, we've got extension showing we've got we barely got our hair washed. I'm like, she looks like me on the freaking pod. I'm like, what is happening.
Speaker 1: That's because she has to serve her husband at all times. She doesn't have time, zero hair, just him sandwiches, and I mean she's she's.
Speaker 3: Just paying bills, taking care of the kids and Zach, and she doesn't have time for a shower. But you notice that every time they're filming, and there are people, there are housewives that do this too, when like I'd be on Beverly Hills and I would come and I'd be looking a mess. That are always like constantly like touching your hair, like fixing your or being like that. Like she is the least of like the conscious of exactly what her appearance is, I think, which is refreshing, which is actually being a mom, which is who we all are. But I love that they're all noticing it the entire time. But I am calling bullshit on twenty thousand dollars post on Insta when you have two hundred and seventy four thousand followers.
Speaker 1: Did you look at her Instagram and see did she posts anything about sex toy? She she did. It's there, it's there. So is.
Speaker 3: One of her premiere dresses, the red with the cutouts and the and on the swing with the h.
Speaker 1: It was a lot. That was a lot.
Speaker 3: That was one of my favorite outfits of the season. And it wasn't even during it. Then Demi reminds the girls that because there's such a lack of knowledge around sex, a lot of women don't even have an orgasm. Laila raises her hand immediately, saying she never has. She got married at nineteen and was married for three years, so she hasn't had time to discover herself. Laylah went to high school that was heavily populated with Mormons, and she was baptized at sixteen years old. And then everyone jokes that Jen is a porn star for her husband. Macy reminds her they've all seen the nudes.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, Jen Jen Affleck. Yes, well maybe that's why her hair is always a mess. Yeah, she's got I mean, she doesn't have time. She's got to make him chicken pie and sex with him.
Speaker 2: Come and sending videos of herself.
Speaker 1: Wait was the photo that she showed everybody and they said that was like a frontal? Was that like a vagina shot?
Speaker 3: I'm assuming it must be naked photos. Then Demi was inspired by Jen's nudes, so she decided to take nudes for her husband as well. Then she proceeds to show them to the entire crew.
Speaker 1: Oh it was to me that had the photos that they brought out and showed.
Speaker 3: But also Demi's nude, this entire not nude, but she has just her bra and ninety percent of like the episodes. I know, I know she's like, oh, you guys are early, but also I'm like, if you're going to show your bra off, it shouldn't be a nude one all the time.
Speaker 1: Like at least like getting stacy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like get some sexy bras, like those are my bras? Like my when you're not going to see what I have on underneath bras? Those aren't my pull my shirt down every time to get miked bras. Then Taylor's parents, Leanne and Jeremy are visiting our house and Taylor breaks the news that.
Speaker 1: Dakota is moving in.
Speaker 3: Uh and the church teaches that you should not live with a partner outside of marriage, so her parents are not supportive of this decision, the parents being more upset about this man moving in than being pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, they're like, it's fine if you want to have children together, but you can't live together.
Speaker 2: But do you think it's because they don't want one?
Speaker 3: They already know that they've been arrested, that she's been arrested two. They know that most likely she's going to be paying for their life.
Speaker 1: I mean, I we never.
Speaker 3: Heard what Dakota does for a living until we got on the pod today. But I am confused, Like, okay, baby, fine, moving in? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It's not living together before marriage. Did you live with Shane before marriage? No, because we got married like immediately. We just went to the courthouse and got married and then had a big wedding later.
Speaker 3: Okay, I did live with Edwin before getting married, and I do actually recommend living with your person before getting married if you can.
Speaker 1: I mean I think we did, like briefly. It was very brief because we got married really quickly. But we just got married really quickly for tax purposes. He's not sure. He's like, if I could file married and joint. It would really save on taxes, so let's.
Speaker 3: Figure this shit out. Then Dakota shows up while Leanne and Jeremy are there. He starts bringing in his boxes, and of course the parents don't offer to help, but they let their pregnant daughter carry them in. Dakota's boxes are labeled things like Dakota's cool shit and here I come. Jeremy definitely doesn't take it easy on him. He calls out Dakota for knocking up his daughter and moving in before.
Speaker 1: Mary's he's a stepdad though, right, that's not her real dad, that's her stepdad. I don't know if Leanne is still married from the get No, I think that's the stepdad.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, then Taylor and Dakota say that their values and plans really align with one another, and I'm very confused by this.
Speaker 1: Was it values that threw you off? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The values and then for example they both want to marry someone LDS so they could go to church and raise their family with those values. But to me, Dakota moving in with one simple box is full of red flags. Like it just makes me love this show. But like he didn't even need he didn't even need a moving. Vanni just had like his four boxes that he probably brought from Jenna's house or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, I just need to get buy a box of shit, of cool shit from your house and move it over to Taylor's, which is.
Speaker 2: Like his fortnight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his rooms cube.
Speaker 2: A couple fenties. Yeah, include going, he's.
Speaker 4: Got a hoodie, a pair of pants, a room excube, and his PlayStations.
Speaker 3: Then Macey and Taylor are shopping for Taylor's upcoming baby shower. Taylor admits she's afraid to see all the girls again. Macy gives her some reassurance, saying she wanted to reach out to Taylor more than ever after the rest and Macy's concerned that Dakota never takes accountability for his actions. She witnessed Dakota called Taylor and effing slut. When her ex husband showed up to an event where the girls were at two weeks before Taylor got pregnant. She called Macy, telling her she wanted out of the relationship.
Speaker 1: Pretty much.
Speaker 3: Macy just flat out tells Taylor that she does not like Dakota.
Speaker 1: You know what, neither do I.
Speaker 3: And then, although a Taylor appreciates Macy's blutoness.
Speaker 1: It's hard for her to hear and accept this.
Speaker 3: Then Whitney at her mom's house with her younger sister Lexi. They get into the vibrater conversation and then they get into the sex talk where the mom kind of like where she shares her first sexual experience as a horror movie. I was like, well, it's because your husband doesn't want to be having sex.
Speaker 1: Exactly as to be the bearer of bad news. He has a Jason mask on.
Speaker 2: But they didn't have sex, said in high school. But you know what, neither.
Speaker 3: Did I no sex I did, I mean not that I can remember.
Speaker 1: I mean, if we did, it was like a one off class.
Speaker 3: But like I still knew that there was like supposed to be pleasure at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, when we lived in Utah, Shane's daughters had there was an opportunity for sex ad at their school, so I know they have it in the public schools in Utah.
Speaker 3: But you know, her mom says she feels guilty that she didn't have those conversations. I don't know if she's guilty, but she said, I wish I would have had more of a conversation with you, And then it made me wonder, like, Whitney, has your mom had an orgasm? She should ask maybe if she used one of the vibrators from the gram.
Speaker 1: Yes, she should give her mom a vibrator for Christmas.
Speaker 3: But I also don't need to see Whitney's mom making dry biscuits while Whitney's talking about promoting dil dos.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't need to see all the baking during No, No, No, did you?
Speaker 1: I didn't even really notice that she was baking. I mean.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know if it's baking or making. I've never made a biscuit.
Speaker 1: I've never well, I did because it's on the episode of Orange John either I saw there's some biscuit making.
Speaker 3: Then we see Taylor and Dakota on a date. He asked if Macey was talking shit when she saw her, and she was, like she always does. He's convinced she doesn't like him and it's just being petty about it. Taylor defends Macy, saying she's the only one she's really confided in. At this point, I'm still stuck whatever this Macy situation is. Macy, I think is just trying to be a good friend to Taylor. Then Whitney and Layla.
Speaker 1: Are in the salt cave. I've never heard of a salt cave that was new to me.
Speaker 3: Well with two children too, Yeah, I like how they kept running around and like touching the alarms and stuff, and Whitney was unaware. Whitney doesn't want to promote the fake friendships are portraying online. But I'm like you already that's actually what Mom Talk was, So.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you want to and you want it to be back to its original version, and you want to be the queen Bee of it. So what are you talking about? Yeah, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: And then Layla's confessional, she says this is typical Whitney. She'll avoid someone she has tension with rather than talk to them and solve it.
Speaker 1: Whitney.
Speaker 3: Layla thinks it's important that everyone in Mom Talks stays strong and united. But I do want to point out that a lot of the tiktoks they show us in between scenes have Macy in the middle. Yeah, Macy is in the middle a lot. Yeah, Macy's in the middle. Then it's the day of the Taylor's baby shower. All the girls from Mom Talk besides Whitney show up. They seem really supportive of Taylor and would like to join them and mom talk again. Macy's not a fan of Dakota. We know Whitney didn't give Taylor a heads up that she wasn't coming to the shower, and obviously Taylor noticed she wasn't there.
Speaker 1: You know who else noticed? Leanne just the best I know.
Speaker 2: Wait, don't have my mom call you and you piss me off about something.
Speaker 1: I can't wait either. That will be fun, Hi, Emily, it's please have your dad call.
Speaker 3: But then Whitney tells her it's a conversation she needs to have with Taylor, not her, which we doubt ever really happened. Right, but Taylor's mom immediately calling Whitney tells me everything I need to know about why Taylor is the way she is and why we see the things that we say.
Speaker 1: Leanne know. Leanne needs to do something about those hair extensions, Leanne, They're they're they're giving like Alexis Bellino. Extensions is what it's doing. It's like me, your hair, your real hair isn't that long, but then you get twenty four inch like extensions.
Speaker 3: Leanne is as bummed as us that she's not a part of mom Talk.
Speaker 1: She's trying, she's given her best.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, well we loved it. It was a little piece of heaven. Thank you so much mom Talk for all of this enjoyment. Keep tuning in to Popping Off or we will give you, guys, all of our hot takes on all of these episodes and please watch.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys for listening.