Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to I've never said this before with me Tommy de Dario. It is a double episode week because Christmas movie season has started, and you know what, we need to celebrate that. Although, to be completely honest, my tree was up on November first, so I have been celebrating for a few weeks, but that doesn't matter. Today's guest is the super talented actress Britt Robertson, who stars in the very steamy Netflix holiday movie The Married Gentleman, which is out right now. Britt plays Ashley. She's a Broadway dancer who returns home to save her parents small town nightclub by staging an all male Christmas theme review. Mm hmm, you heard that correctly, think a more family friendly Christmas magic Mike, Okay, catch your breath. I know that sounds spicy, especially because leading those male dancers is Chad Michael Murray and his character definitely sparks Ashley's interest. So yeah, there's a lot of skin in this movie, but Britt brings so much heart and so much soul to quite a touching story. I'm not gonna lie. I had to dry away a couple tears. So let's see if today we can get brit to say something that she has never said before.
Speaker 2: Britt, how are you sound so good?
Speaker 3: Are you? You have a glow?
Speaker 2: You have a glow.
Speaker 3: It was like life is good for you right now.
Speaker 4: It's very good. Yeah, it's very good. Couldn't ask for more.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm so happy to be hanging out with you. It is that festive time of year. Yeah, and there's not much more I love than a great holiday film.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, tell me more.
Speaker 1: I am very here for all things holiday. My tree is already up. What November one?
Speaker 3: It was up? Do not judge me?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just curious, like because I'm worried about not getting the food out for Thanksgiving and time, and you have just pushed right past.
Speaker 1: September and October for Halloween. Okay, November, December, Christmas, Thanksgiving one day and then back. Okay, Okay, sick spect I got all the rules. Respect, You're good.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I the merry gentleman.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: Where do I begin? Where do I begin? I guess My first question for you about the movie is when you got the pitch for it? Yeah, and you heard about the concepts.
Speaker 3: What made you say? Oh, I'm in like I.
Speaker 2: Have to do it well, I'll be totally honest with you, and very few people have got this or understand what I'm even saying. But so for the last i don't know, five six years since I've been like an adult, and I've been I've been having Christmas at my house in LA with my friends and family whatever. I always go to Jumbo's clown Room in Hollywood Christmas Eve night, after I go to my agents for dinner, we go to Jumbo's and all the women are amazing and everyone's dressed up, and it's I've never felt more holiday spirit than at Jumbo's on Christmas Eve. So I was like, oh, I love when I were the script of It's like, oh amazing, I won't have to do any crazy dancing. All the men will be there in the holiday spirit and the whole sort of tradition of what dance brings in my life, which is like spirit and joy, and it like for me, I think dancing communicates a thing that like I can't really.
Speaker 4: Do with words, you know.
Speaker 2: And so to see a Christmas movie that was like very much revolving around dance and my relationship, my character's relationship to dance.
Speaker 4: I was like, I gotta do it for the girls. Gotta do it for the girl.
Speaker 2: The jumbos shout out to Fox and Claire, but truly, like I think my experience on Christmas, even sort of what I've cultivated as my own Christmas experience and tradition, what have you.
Speaker 4: I just I could really relate to.
Speaker 2: The story that was being told, and I was just excited to be the one telling it.
Speaker 1: It's obviously a bit steamy, right, Yes, are some sexy in the movie, but there's actually quite a few deep messages which I really appreciated, and I think one of those messages that resonated with me. And of course it's everyone gets something different out right, But for me, one of those messages was letting go of something that no longer serves you, right, And that's a very hard thing to do in life. And it's very hard to make that decision because change is scary and well.
Speaker 3: I regret it, won't I regret it.
Speaker 1: Have you experienced this in your life personally or professionally?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think there's this that's such a beautiful way.
Speaker 2: I think like identity is for me, like what's wrapped up in all of that and all those questions, right, like for so long, because I was a kid actor, I was like, okay, I want to be an actor.
Speaker 4: I just got to keep working forever, Like this is my dream. My dream is to just keep.
Speaker 2: Working and making stories come to life and being a part of that, and like that's it.
Speaker 4: That's the endgame.
Speaker 2: And not until I would say, like the last few years of my life did I go like, oh, there's more to life. You know, there is more than just allowing my dreams to exist, and also dreams can be in.
Speaker 4: All aspects of life.
Speaker 2: Like I just always thought, oh, if I can be a working actor, that's my dream. But for me, I have more dreams. Like for me, I think there was a dream. I mean, it's so silly, but like I remember looking at my habin in this same house for like twelve years now.
Speaker 4: I remember looking at the house five or six years ago.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, oh, one day I'd like to have this, one day I'd like to have this.
Speaker 4: And then one day I decided like that day is today.
Speaker 2: I'm going to just start doing it. Like I want a front porch, let's build the front porch. Like you want to pull let's get the pool going. So I just started making dreams come true and then sort of realizing like, oh, I can create my own future in that way, Like I can dream up what I want my life to look like and then sort of make it happen because of you know, like that's that's what life is, and that's what.
Speaker 4: Dreams can be. So I think Ashley experienced.
Speaker 2: That sort of eye opening, awakening moment where she's like, wait a second, I'm more My life can be more than just loving the thing that I do for work, you know, Like it's a blessing to be able to go to work and love what you do, but it's also a blessing to discover like that you have access to more feelings than just success, you know, like you can like I love my husband, and I love our family, and I love our life, and I love traveling with him, and I love working with him. By my like, the fact that that's even in my world, in my universe now is baffling to me because I had never even it had never occurred to me that it would be something that I wanted for myself.
Speaker 4: Sorry that was so long winded.
Speaker 1: No, I think you're so right on I think it's really hard to you not tie your identity to work sometimes, especially as an artist, right or a freelancer or whatever you want to call it. And I think this also applies in many careers in industries, not just some artists, but it is hard to not conflate the two. And I think it's so important to appreciate your career, but also, as you're talking about so eloquently, like have an identity right and be able to truly live. And by the way, isn't that the point of artistry? It's like, how do you not live and then expect to go be an artist?
Speaker 2: Exactly? And someone said this to me early on, because I was like a kid actor and somebody said this to me when I was like seventeen.
Speaker 4: She was like, after you do this show, you know, like you need to travel, like.
Speaker 2: See the world, see what people are doing outside of your like little la life like go.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I just want to act. I just want to act.
Speaker 2: And she was absolutely one thousand percent right, because it took me so long to accumulate experiences and to really see other people and not just be working from within. You know, I guess the work success it has been such a part of my identity because I started so young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was like it would be not.
Speaker 2: So natural for people to try and be like but also just so you know, relationships are important and you may want kids one day, Like it would be a weird thing to say to a fifteen year old, like, hey, let's not get too excited about all this work you're getting, you know.
Speaker 3: Right right.
Speaker 2: But it's been such a good lesson for me in keeping my heart open to things that I might want that's sort of outside of the career.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my god, We're not even like ten minutes in, and I feel like we're solving life's biggest problems right now.
Speaker 2: At least mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here for you. I'm here for you. I love that.
Speaker 1: Going back to the film for a second, I describe it as a more family friendly magic Mic Yes, right, a little more family friendly out in the holidays.
Speaker 3: Love that and there you go.
Speaker 1: But there's also, again going back to some of the big themes in the film, some really powerful moments, one being when your character gets literally fired from her Broadway show for being quote too old.
Speaker 3: Oh I hate ag I hate it.
Speaker 4: It's and don't I look young.
Speaker 3: Yes, you do, come.
Speaker 2: On, you do thirty four and they would not let me rocket myself anymore.
Speaker 1: Which is crazy, Which is crazy, but not sadly not unbelievable.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, right, very.
Speaker 1: So do you feel like as an artist you were excited to spotlight that, right, particularly, like put a little spotlight on agism because it's a little good reminder for everybody that we don't have to be that way, and you had to deal with that yourself or with other people.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that in your life?
Speaker 2: Yes, definitely seen it. I have looked young my whole life, and like I I mean, I still go to the airs at the airport yesterday and they asked for my ID so that I could go through security on my own.
Speaker 4: I am a thirty four year old.
Speaker 2: I have been waiting for the day when someone would tell me I'm too old.
Speaker 4: For anything, like sorry, girl, you're too old.
Speaker 2: So for me, it hasn't necessarily been an issue because I've never felt that anyone saw me as even an adult like I've never felt I felt agism almost in the opposite way, where like I had a very.
Speaker 4: I had very specific.
Speaker 2: Opinions and I worked really hard at a young age, but I still wasn't really getting the respect that like adults would get. So I sort of felt it on the reverse and was so excited to be aged out of anything when this movie happened. But at the same time, I actually think the way the movie handled it is something I'm more excited about, which is what we're speaking to, which is that, like, sometimes you need to be pushed out of your circumstances in order to be given these opportunities that could like forever change your life or open your heart or give you like the greatest GIFs.
Speaker 4: You know, so.
Speaker 2: In some ways, and I guess it's true, Like when I was aged out of playing high school kids, you know, I thought it was a bummer, but really just open the door for so many opportunities on the other end of the spectrum. And I'm a big believer in like the universe is giving me things that are meant for me. Like I don't even know what kind of juju that is, but like that's what I believe. So whatever that looks like, you know, I'll take it well.
Speaker 1: And I love the reinvention of your character because she wasn't down and out. She kind of pivoted to do something totally different and fresh and new, but still similar to the world she was in. And I think that's a really interesting lesson too. I always say, I think some of the most interesting people and points of your life come later in life are people who are a bit older. Right, Love my gen z ers, love my millennial.
Speaker 3: I'm a millennial.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, like, some of the sweetest success for people is forties, fifties and onward. Yeah, which to me is so fascinating.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this idea that your character can go pivot and do something that fulfills her and is exciting to her and makes her feel alive.
Speaker 2: I mean, what a gift, and potentially even more so than the thing that she was that she had sought out to do from the beginning. And that's what's so fascinating to me, is like this world was made for her in some respect, the rhythm room and creating this production of sorts, and reviving her family bar and meeting this guy. It was like destined in some ways. But for many years, for most of her life as a tap dancer, she was probably the only thing she could ever imagine was being on that Broadway stage. So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think there's some like real hope.
Speaker 2: In that to know that you might not always know what's right or what's best or what's.
Speaker 4: Meant for you.
Speaker 2: And I think having faith and a belief in some sort of higher something is I don't know, it's just cool because it's nice to be like, I'm not always in control and that's okay.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that man that you're character falls in love with, guy called Chad Michael Murray.
Speaker 2: You know, we like to call him Chad Michael Michaels. Why.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what's the story of the no?
Speaker 2: My husband and I call him Chad Michael Michaels. I think because it was like a funny bit that was done on him, like as a spoof or something. But like he has become a household name for us because he gave us these incredible hair pills and like they're just like vitamins.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's which is such.
Speaker 3: One day He's like, hey, take some hair pills.
Speaker 2: So now we call them no. No I if I have short hair and I was wearing a wig and I feel bad for me. So he was like, look, if you need to grow it out, here's some neutrifoil or whatever it is.
Speaker 4: And so now my.
Speaker 2: Husband will be like, hey, have you taken your Chad Michael Michaels And I'm like, oh yeah, wait where are my vitamins? So it's he becomes like a reminder from my hair vitamins.
Speaker 3: I don't know hair and it's all his hair.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. Yes, yes, as far as I know that's his hair.
Speaker 1: That's an Italian who appreciates hair. I'm like, that's a good the Italian. You should have seen me in the nineties with my big Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Mean if he's still rocking it. He has more hair than I do. And it's it's lovely to see.
Speaker 1: Well, you two were magical together. It was so fun to watch that relationship evolve. How was teaming up with him?
Speaker 2: Honestly, he's lovely, like such a kind professional, hardworking, like loves just being like taking care of people on set, making sure everyone feels like respected, and he's just very involved. And I've honestly never seen someone.
Speaker 4: Work so hard to like learn a skill in this way like he was.
Speaker 2: So he worked with like a body movement coach, which I mean, I'm not going to be I'm not lying. I don't even know what that he is? What is that?
Speaker 4: What is body movement?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: But I think it's just to become like cool with your bot.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But he was really dead did the.
Speaker 2: Dance, and he showed up every day and he was so kind and he just like loves his family, and I don't know, I work with him again in a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: Such a great guy in the sequel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pitch, I'm do you want to hear my pitch?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: So it's it's marry gentlemen, the secretl I'm not good at titles, so someone else can deal with that. But we get married, and then I'm pregnant and they bring me in for the some of the dancing and I've got a belly, and and then like I s but like sexy Santa gear and but I'm working the belly. I don't know why, I'm like obsessed with this imagery. I had a girlfriend who was pregnant recently, and I was like, oh, when she dances, there's something kind of cool about the belly. I don't know, that's my pitch. I have a feeling Netflix isn't gonna go for it, but.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm intrigued to work out a few details.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, the story is you have a baby.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 3: I'm here.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to get paid to get knocked out.
Speaker 1: I'm going to play this interview back one day and be like, she was right, it actually happened.
Speaker 4: Please, from your mouth to God's ears.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that's the same.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, that's amazing. Another theme that I really liked. All about the themes today great, But I think you know why I am because I think when somebody watches a Christmas movie, a holiday movie, you sometimes can label it as just a cheerful, sure, you know, time of the year film. But to me, there were a lot of things I did pull from this. And another thing was kind of finding the balance between working and having that personal life. Because your character's parents in the film made it very clear, oh you haven't come around and so nice to see you. I think it's something like I come from a big Italian family, and I've heard that for many years over my life, you know, and it's hard when you're really actively going after something and pursuing something and giving it your all to not sometimes lose sight of your personal life, right. I think a lot of people fall into that. No matter what career you're in, Is it important for you to truly try to find that balance with work and your personal life now or is it still a struggle?
Speaker 2: I think for me, it's more important not to find a balance. I think for me, at this stage in my life, career, whatever, my family is the most important thing to me. My husband is like the most important thing to me. Our family, but also like our extended family, like his family is beautiful. I love my family. I have a huge family, like really big. And not to do a Donald Trump impression, whoa, whoa, I hate myself, but you know, but I think I think like I've realized, like I've missed out on huge things when I was younger, but now I've seen it, like I felt it. And when my sister was pregnant with her two kids, I was like, I need to be involved. I want to be there. I want to like help, I want to be a part of their lives, like my just being a part of my And they all live in South Carolina, so I have to make like a physical effort to get back to them, and just like friends and family and community, because here's the thing. At least in the last like four or five years, we've had the pandemic and then the strike, and so I realized, like, Okay, work is fleeting, it will be fleeting, and I kind of just need to make sure that I know when I'll be working and what that looks like and how much money I have and all that stuff. But like it shouldn't rule my world, and I don't want it to. Like now I've worked enough to know like, oh, great time.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like I attributed to like or sort of like partying, you know, and partying was fun.
Speaker 4: You're like, oh, I'm going out with my friends.
Speaker 2: I'm going out with my friends.
Speaker 4: Okay, well girl, I'm thirty four.
Speaker 2: Partied a lot now, you know. So maybe I just have like deeper interests and deeper connections and fulfillment. And I can't even go to a loud bar now because I can't hear anybody, you know what I mean. And I'm just like desperate to have connection.
Speaker 3: A different type of connection, right.
Speaker 2: Totally different. I'm just curious, like what's happening for people, what's.
Speaker 4: Really going on?
Speaker 2: And that's the sort of human connection that I'm looking to have out in the world. And I love work, and I love being here and love the experiences I have, but there's just been too many moments where I've gone like I missed it, you know, I couldn't. I couldn't make it to like my grandfather's eightieth birthday, you know, because I was working and I got it. It's just like everybody else with air, you know. So I try to be to really advocate for that part of my life now because I don't want it to fall by.
Speaker 4: It's too important, you know, it's just too important.
Speaker 1: There's always points of our lives where we have to make a sacrifice or two, right, and that's going to happen, But there are things that you can also control. And even recently, I'm like you, I really try to maintain the mentality of work hard, but don't neglect my personal life and my husband and I've been trying to plan our December trip to just get away for a few weeks, and I've been pushing it off, pushing off, pushing off because I have been waiting on this like one potential big interview I.
Speaker 3: Can get, and I'm like, you know what, I've been doing.
Speaker 1: This for a full year, like I've done Yeah, it's like it's the end of the year. If I want to go away and have to miss that interview because their rep is giving me wishy washy dates, I have to miss.
Speaker 3: It too bad. I'm going on a trip. The trip, yeah, of course, I did so proud. So we're going away into somewhere. But you know, you fall into these patterns sometimes, and I'm like, I don't want to be that person.
Speaker 2: I don't want people will encourage you to fall into the pattern because they don't want you to miss out on the opportunity. You know, that's their job, their whole job, and so you're thinking, like, at least for me, I'm like, oh, my Asian thinks that I shouldn't go to this vacation because what if I get this.
Speaker 4: Now, that's her job, her job is that, you know.
Speaker 2: Like, so I have to really know in my bones and in my body and in my heart, like what at the end of the day, after all is said and done, what makes me feel good? What's important to me? Like do I feel like all the cups be filled? You know? And I've become so much more conscious of those things now that I've like invested in other people. No, Like I wasn't that invested for a long time and now I am, and I want to at least try to stand by that.
Speaker 1: You strike me as someone who tries to learn the life lessons along the way.
Speaker 3: Is that true? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like obsessed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the same way, and I respect that. So through doing this movie and playing this character, what would you say is a life lesson you learned? Did you learn anything about yourself?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean well, but I'm also like a little ADHD and that I can be like and this is the lesson, and this is the lesson.
Speaker 4: You know it can be. I can get very easily distracted.
Speaker 2: But I remember when we were shooting this and I was working on the scene where I was like talking about you know, like it's not where you're performing, but who you're performing for or something like that.
Speaker 4: What I realized that I was learning.
Speaker 2: I was like, Oh, maybe I want to be like the director or writer, like maybe my path here doesn't have to end at acting, or maybe it doesn't have to end at all. Like I was sort of doing the revision in my head of what my career could look like. But then the life lesson there is essentially like and I always do this to myself where I'll be like, calm down, you don't need to change your whole life tomorrow, which is kind of the mentality that I have where I'll be like, Okay, this is it, this is the this is they're telling me, this is you know. But I think with this film, I really learned to like settle into myself and trust myself in a weird way.
Speaker 4: You know what I thought.
Speaker 2: About this actually because I was thinking it was just like looking at your podcasts and thinking about it, and I was like, I trust myself in a way specifically this year and in the last like two years. I don't know if the haircut gave it away, but I trust myself in so many ways that I have never trusted myself before.
Speaker 4: Like I used to be like, am I doing it right? Am I doing it wrong? Am I saying? Am I confused?
Speaker 2: Am I? But now I'm like, oh no, I get it. I get me, I get my mind. I understand my mind. Like it all change or but but I think there was a knowing and a trusting that came out of this film that has been very helpful going forward.
Speaker 4: In just all the other projects that I've chosen, If that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that must be a good feeling.
Speaker 4: It's a great feeling. It's a great feeling.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes there's like the imposter syndrome where I'm like, who.
Speaker 3: Doesn't have that? I mean, well, it's a little.
Speaker 4: Bit like oga. You think you know everything in thirty four then you figured it out.
Speaker 2: But there is a little bit of that. Like I think because I've always been trying to find the answers to whatever feels like not so right inside me, and because I finally got to this sort of peace in the last couple of years. With the peace has come trust and it feels really good and empower Also, maybe it's like anti depressants. I keep saying this as well. I'm like, oh, maybe I'm just like leveled outright, No, we do.
Speaker 4: Just calm down.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's I think it's beyond that.
Speaker 1: I think you truly do pick up things like learning lessons along the way from this film and whatnot. And I think I think you have to want to have that awareness to be able to learn the lessons from things that you do. Right, Yes, And like I said earlier, you really seem to be that type of person and it WANs to grow and evolve and learn, and you don't want to remain the same as you were yesterday.
Speaker 3: No, right, who does I mean?
Speaker 4: I don't and I.
Speaker 2: Don't like to be frustrated with like where I currently am you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Do you ever have that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: You're like I am very frustrated with whether it be like a work thing, just an emotional thing, or a relationship thing. And I could never really sift through and figure out where it was coming from.
Speaker 4: I just felt like a real.
Speaker 2: H just something wasn't It just didn't totally click until and I really do feel like in my body now in a way that I just never have. And I think that that comes with like definitely taking lessons as they come, but allowing myself to trust the decisions that.
Speaker 3: I've made listening to that voice.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, Okay, here's another thing that I learned. Well, it was a huge epiphany and it really helped me because I was like, I did like loads of therapy, like talk therapy, and I was like, I'm not really getting anything out of this.
Speaker 4: And then I switched up my therapist, right, and I saw the lady and she was.
Speaker 2: Like really harping on and on about little Brittany, and I was like, oh my god, can we get little Brittany out of the room. We're dealing with Big Brittany. And she's here and she's like ready to do the work. And I realized I hated little Brittany. I hated talking about her, I hated thinking about her. I hated all these things. And so we worked really hard on YadA YadA YadA, on helping me learn to love her.
Speaker 4: But what I realized is once I was able to go like.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, litt Britney's still Big Brittany and she's cute and she's nice and she had a tough time she went through and blah like. Once I got to that point, that's when I was actually able to trust myself because I was able to like, it's so cheese, but like love myself in a way that I hadn't before. And I was always resisting that thing. And once I was able to go like, nah, she's you girl, like you are one, you do it together, then I then it all fell off.
Speaker 4: The hair fell off.
Speaker 2: I was like all the play cating and the people pleasing and the codependency all of that stuff kind of fell away once I was able to go like, oh, I just didn't I wasn't heard for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't quiet. What an important to have?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I feel like you've already answered this, but at the end of every interview on the show, I asked the same question based on the title, which is, what is one thing you've never said before?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Does anything else come to mind? Even though you've been so open already today?
Speaker 2: No, it does.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I will say this just because it's a little on theme for the film, and it's true. I was talking to my husband with this earlier, like I never say and I've never said it loud, like let's go to the movies, Like let's go to the movies, And he was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: We go to the movies?
Speaker 2: And I was like, yeah, but I don't want to, Like I don't like going to the movies with anyone that I know. I love being in a room full of strangers and experiencing it, but I don't want to be impacted by anyone around me, Like I don't like to see trailers. I don't want to see a poster. I want like the real deal experience. And I think it all goes back to what we were saying, which is that, like, I didn't trust myself for so long to even watch a film and have an opinion on it without being you know, like, oh, you know what, you're right.
Speaker 4: Those action scenes were really right.
Speaker 2: Oh you're right. Decrapio no Leo di Gabrielle was incredible, you know, I am I was. I didn't even trust myself to get to the point where I could have my own interpretation of something. But then once I anyway, That's that was sort of the streamlining or the connective tissue. I just I love experiencing things individually because it allows me to have a personal opinion. And I still kind of haven't gotten to that place where I'm able to like hear other people have opinions and not get swept into that.
Speaker 4: Because it's so easy for me to be like, love Leo.
Speaker 2: I don't love Leo. I don't know anything he's ever done, you know what I mean? But people love him, so I love him. And so I'm still kind of working on just it being okay.
Speaker 4: To not to be one with the mass, you know, or for.
Speaker 2: You to have an opinion that stands out, or that could be controversial, or that could make people sad, like, all of those things are allowed and they're okay if it's genuine and authentic.
Speaker 3: Well, I love that.
Speaker 1: Thanks, and my own opinion and my personal opinion without anyone else telling me their opinion, is that you are fantastic in this film. I think it's just the type of movie we need this time of year. I loved it so much. I love your performance. I loved hanging out with you today.
Speaker 3: Thank you such a thrill. Everybody go watch The Merry Gentleman. It's fantastic. I hope we do this again soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you me too.
Speaker 4: Wow so much, Tommy.
Speaker 1: I've Never Said This Before is hosted by Me, Tommy Dedario. This podcast is executive produced by Andrew Piglisi at iHeartRadio and by Me Tommy, with editing by Joshua Colaudney. I've Never Said This Before is part of the Elvis Duran podcast Network on iHeart Podcasts. For more, rate review and subscribe to our show and if you liked this episode, tell your friends.
Speaker 3: Until next time. I'm Tommy de Dario