Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is nick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now.
Speaker 3: Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Effson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Stamp.
Speaker 2: I love how they up.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, now it is officially game week.
Speaker 2: I love the crescendo.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right. Howboys Eagles Sunday three twenty five at the link and we are here to break it all down on mix shots in the swb C Mortgage Studio. Mickey Spagnola, Savannah Humuller and Everson Walls.
Speaker 2: I'm studying, don't bother me, but.
Speaker 4: Bill Jones is an assignment again. It's gonna get done with this world series stuff.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 4: Now they got a parade today.
Speaker 2: I know it's a parade. GotY? I mean, did I tell you when we won in New York? We never had a parade, no way, We never down never had a parade, not down broad That's because Jersey and New York were trying to figure out who's gonna foot the bill. But then they put it on. Well, you know, we've got the war over, and you know we don't we don't want to celebrate to.
Speaker 4: The Middle East.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, man, that had nothing to do with it. And the troops, of course we respect that, but that had nothing to do with why we did not have a parade. That's I'm still asking.
Speaker 4: That's unfortunate.
Speaker 7: You deserve a parade.
Speaker 2: I do deserve a parade, damn it.
Speaker 4: Well, Arlington is getting the parade, by the way, all around the district there between the Globe Life Field and at and T Stadium by the way, and it's supposed to start in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 7: They're expecting like half a million to people.
Speaker 4: I keep hearing that. They were talking on the radio about hundreds of thousands of people are on their way, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, well you don't believe it. Well, it was like.
Speaker 4: Three hundred four hundred thousand people are going to be in that area.
Speaker 2: I did the cawital.
Speaker 7: I think it'll happen.
Speaker 2: I think it will. I think it will.
Speaker 4: I can't remember what the number was, pretty big downtown Dallas when the Cowboys won the suit.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, yeah, and that was in ninety two, right, so here we are now, come on.
Speaker 4: I remember I was part of the I was part of these that's only thirty one years ago. I was part of the KRLD coverage of that Super Bowl. We were broadcasting on a balcony outside one of the rooms at the Adolphus Hotel and they were just coming right by us. And there was very little security back in the day. You know how now they have all the security for the Parague guys. The Cowboys were on open air I want to say, like open air cars like convertibles, and the people are just walking down the street with them. Yeah, there was no barriers or anything.
Speaker 2: That's before anybody got crazy ideas.
Speaker 4: I know, a simpler time.
Speaker 2: But I wanted my step mom is there. I don't know if I told you guys yesterday. She has been the Rangers fan. I mean do a die And I called her afterwards, Uh huh and weed. Yeah, so I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to make sure.
Speaker 4: There is a bunch of people out there screaming right now. But we will get you ready here on Dallas Cowboys dot com for Cowboys Eagles on Sunday. Uh a huge game, you know what? And it's a huge game for both teams. Everybody's acting like this is a big test for the Cowboys, well somewhat of a big test for the Eagles.
Speaker 2: It's no doubt it's a bad test for the Eagle.
Speaker 4: And if you think about I know they're seven and one, and I know they went to the NFC title.
Speaker 2: Game, they won the ugly seven and one.
Speaker 4: It hasn't been consistent, right, And you know they talk about the Cowboys and how they failed the test against San Francisco. It's like, okay, but you know, one of their tests so far has been Miami. They did win the game, but late in the third quarter, it was seventeen seventeen, yes, and so an interception turned that game around and set up the what ended up being the Eagles winning touchdown.
Speaker 2: I think Tyreek Hills drop also could have changed everything. I don't know if I score a touchdown on that drive, but they had a chance to score and he caught it. All they had to do was just veery in. But so he's so dull on.
Speaker 4: Fast, like he was too fast.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So the ball ended up going out of the back of the end zone.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they haven't I mean They've given up thirty points both times they played Washington with Sam Hall at quarterback, by the way, So yeah, this is kind of a big game for them. You know, I keep saying everybody I saw somebody mentioned that Philadelphia the two game lead on the Cowboy. No, they've got a one and a half game. They played one more game, right, they're seven and one. The Cowboys are five and two. If the Cowboys can win this game, they'll both have the same amount of losses. But again, it's a tough place to go play. Uh, It's always been a tough place to go.
Speaker 2: I hated playing there. I like New York. I like playing in New York. I like playing in DC. But it's something about Philly. You know, they have it. It's something hanging over your head there. You know, it's the anger. You can just feel the grittiness when you step into the city, you step into the stadium. You know, the fans are just I mean, I got flipped off more in Philadelphia I got flipped off anywhere else. And that's usually the gauge right on how tough the team.
Speaker 4: Is, and you get double barrel right one.
Speaker 2: For me, it's the age. It's the age group too. Right, Yeah, you can go down there in thirteen and you're gonna get one up to eighty three. You know what I'm saying. No, they're they're they're they're very good at.
Speaker 7: That, and they're very passionate.
Speaker 4: I don't see any snow in the in the forecast, so there won't be any snowballs thrown.
Speaker 2: At the box coming in or the savannah.
Speaker 8: Well, earlier this week, Nate was telling us a couple of different things.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: He told us that they used to have batteries and they'd wrap and tossed the snowballs.
Speaker 2: And toothpicks and crap like that.
Speaker 8: Nicky said that when the buses would roll and they'd throw stuff at the buses.
Speaker 2: No, not eggs are the buses. But if you call Jimmy Johnson was leaving the field. Uh, that was when Buddy Lyne was the coach. We were one to fifteen that year, so everybody was just stomping all on us and uh, Buddy Ryan, he didn't have anyone, but they were cursing each other out. He and Jimmy, Well Jimmy didn't really curse. He said, fat rear end.
Speaker 4: Get your He got his big fat rare end in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Before I can get as Jimmy was trying to leave, referees are trying to cover him because the snowballs are just coming.
Speaker 4: And then they, I mean they were coming, dumped the beer on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was everything.
Speaker 4: We think it was beer.
Speaker 2: It was yellow, yeah, and there's snow, so it may not necessarily be beer. You know, he's talking yellow and snow. But yeah, they tried to cover him with their hats. It was so few though. I mean, yeah, they didn't cover with anything substantial. It was just like you put your hat over there. I think that's going to stop a batterfield.
Speaker 4: That was the Bounty Bowl or b Bowl. Right after they.
Speaker 2: Took out a kicker. They took out a kick because he used to kick for Philly. So I mean, uh, that's when you would take That's when you talk about taking receipts. Yeah, buddy, Ryan took receipts all year that year for the they.
Speaker 4: Were supposedly and I think the supposedly should be in lower case because I'm sure it happened. Whoever took out the kicker was going to get extra money. Oh yeah, wow, a little under the table pay. So yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was the kicker how petty.
Speaker 4: Well do you remember the eighty seven game when they beat you guys, and then Randall Cunningham did the fake kneel down. Yeah, you know, throw a touchdown pass. Hopefully it wasn't over you you know it wasn't.
Speaker 2: I don't fall for that. I don't trust anybody. Every time a field goes up. I'm looking for a fake.
Speaker 4: Every time the game the game basically was over and they were running out the clock and they had kneeled to run the time, and they kneeled to run the time, and then they did a fake kneel and threw a touchdown fan to make it look either.
Speaker 2: Anytime you saw Randall Cunningham having issues in the future, I had no sorrow for what's so?
Speaker 4: So anyway, that's where the Cowboys will play on Sunday. Huge division matchup and maybe that's why you know, these two teams playing each other is huge, But when both of them are successful, uh, and it's a game so down the road losing whoever loses this game could have ramifications on you know, if there's a tiebreaker or a home field advantage in the playoffs. So that's why this is such a big game. From an injury standpoint, Cowboys had Oh I grabbed the wrong one.
Speaker 7: Oh here I'm updated.
Speaker 4: Very good, look at you.
Speaker 8: You take Okay, great, okay. Chuma Doga with the ankle knee. He was limited in practice yesterday. They did have full pads on.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, and at least he was out there.
Speaker 8: Yes, he was out there. Michael Gallup, he did participate in practice yesterday. Jay Ron Curse he was full in practice. And Tyrone Smith he did not participate. He was with the rehab group still. So we're going to see if he was out practice today.
Speaker 4: And they were doing a walk through and Mike McCarthy said he thought he would do the walkthrough on Friday and then they would judge what he was able to do on Saturday when they have it's a non padded practice, but it kind of a spirited, upgraded walkthrough on Saturday. They least get their helmets on. So tomorrow when they do that Saturday practice member day.
Speaker 2: Today they have like half of them have helmets on and half don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, today today is a true walkthrough and then tomorrow is what you guys used to do on Friday. And he's decided that he wants to keep them engaged on Saturday and not have them be two days removed from practice. So yeah, so that was important. So we'll see tomorrow, probably will find out when we get on the plane how they're going to list him. I'm guessing he's going to be questionable that way, if it doesn't turn out well on Sunday, then they don't get fined fudging the injury point. And I think, uh the Eagles had their cornerback was Brad Bradley Roby had a shoulder and he has not practiced this week, So we'll see where that one goes.
Speaker 2: Sidney Brown, would that be his replacement?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think that's right. That's their their nickel guy. Uh so. Uh So, anyway, from an injury standpoint, that's where the Cowboys stand right now. The Eles and that's the one that I saw as they've got two of their backup tight ends have one of them didn't practice Calcataria he has been out with a concussion, but he's one of the backup guys. Jordan Davis their defensive tackle, and Jalen Carter their other defensive tackle. Carter practice fully. No, uh he practiced fully and Davis was limited, so they're in pretty good shape at this point going forward.
Speaker 2: So no excuses then for me to side.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yes, and Uh, as we've been talking about, we mentioned the bills not here because of the parade. Uh. Jerry Uh was asked about, you know, the Rangers, you know on his one oh five point three segment this morning with K and C Masterpiece, and I thought we'd play you at cut on what he thought about the Rangers and how that might affect the Cowboys, you know, inspiration going into the Philly game. So let's hear what Jerry had to say.
Speaker 6: You couldn't have red blood in your veins and have the chance to compete for some thing, especially if it involves sports, and not be additionally inspired by the Rangers, And I'm inspired by their manager, I'm inspired by their ownership. I'm inspired by the numerous guys that stepped up to make all that happen. It's the consummate consonant definition and description an example of a team, and it shows how many things have to come together to make it hit just right. And then it's like catching a falling star. It's hard to have it fall together, but I'll tell you one thing. Give me these Roague Warriors and I'll take on about anything in sports or out of sports. If they'll play the way these Rangers did on the road.
Speaker 4: There you go, maybe he needs to use that. That was before the game, the team meeting tomorrow, right road. Yeah, how about.
Speaker 8: I will say, if the Rangers winning the World Series this week and bringing that momentum to Dallas, if that doesn't inspire you, I don't know what well.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just.
Speaker 8: Great energy going into this game on Sunday. And then yesterday we talked to Dak after practice and he said, congratulations to the Rangers to see what they've done in this turnaround the last couple of years. The faith and trust in one another is what I took from it.
Speaker 9: Trust right, trust and and you know, if you look at how they won this World Series eleven straight wins on the road, which no one has ever done in MLB playoff history, it's.
Speaker 4: It's hard to do that in the regular season, let alone in the playoffs playing the best teams. But you know, and you know, Ceedee Lamb talked about it about you know, and Dak has gone to the game, so they're quite aware of what's going on right about now that parade should start in. We should We should have got Bill to call in a live feet from a reporter mix shots, But we will continue talking Cowboys and Eagles, and I'm gonna explain to you why this game is so big to the Eagles. Next here on mickshots, I'm.
Speaker 10: Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the press scout who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll want a perch down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 5: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Gets started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping.
Speaker 7: Of fool pepsi.
Speaker 11: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte What a pairing can cracks A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning Swager, Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Cook, America's team playing America's Greatest School. Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas, de vict Shots.
Speaker 8: K Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And we continue here on Mixed Shots with Mickey Savannah and Everson Walls. And I saw an interesting story today that made me think of you ever since. Jackson State, one of the HBCU schools, has a full time female kicker.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, the football team has a sum kicker. Yeah, so how she doing.
Speaker 4: I didn't read the rest of I don't know if she was making a dating, but I saw.
Speaker 7: That Jackson State, Jackson State of believe.
Speaker 2: I mean it would have to be new because I mean they would have said something early in the season, correct, right, Yeah, that's Dion's We're going to find out that's Dion's old school. Savannah, I guess you knew that. And so yeah he just left. See what show stats? What's the status.
Speaker 4: She's actually kicking?
Speaker 7: You're going to find out.
Speaker 2: That is pretty cool.
Speaker 4: But here is why this game. Think think about this So the Eagles are playing the five and two Cowboys next up after their bye, they got to buy next week. So like, if the Cowboys can win this game and win next week against the Giants, when the Eagles come out of the by, they'd be tied for first place in the NFC East at seven and two. But here's what the Eagles have after their bye. They have to play Kansas City, Buffalo, San Francisco, the Cowboys again, and Seattle. So if you include the Cowboys game this Sunday, they are next six. Opponents are thirty one and fourteen, so they've got a tough stretch coming up, and that is why this game is so important to them too. It's a big game for them. It's not just a big game for the Cowboys. It's a big game for the Eagles too. And one of the things that the Cowboys have to deal with is aj Brown. Right now, he has sixty receptions, which is fourth most in the NFL, for nine hundred and thirty nine yards, which is second to Tyreek Hill. After eight games, he's number two, and he's tied for fifth with eight eight touchdowns. Yeah, typed for fifth. So he's been awfully good and My question to you is what makes him so good?
Speaker 2: Well? Number one, he's got the biggest back I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: I mean think that's bad.
Speaker 2: I mean did you see him in his uniform? I mean it's his shoulders are out here. You know, his uniform is extremely tight. But yet this guy is he doesn't run tight. He was great routes. He's very very precise in his routes. And that's Jalen's goal. That's Jalen's go to God. Just like what CD wants to be that for Dak, he is that for Jalb.
Speaker 4: So is it his size, his speed? Both?
Speaker 2: That is both because he is extremely strong. So when you're talking about getting the ball to him, not just in space, because in space means that you could be matched up with a guy want on one as he comes towards you. They like to catch him going through the seams, and once you catch him at full speed going through those scenes, no one can bring him down. It's like I try to bring down Jerry Rice like that one time, and he's not really that big. But when you're going against the grain, when you have that momentum going for you, it's hard to bring someone even if he's smaller than you, It's hard to bring him down like that. He's very in tune to what Jalen Hurst wants and when he's when Jalen's in trouble, he looks directly for Brown. First of all, he's a great athlete. The guy can jump, he can run. So if you talk about a fifty to fifty ball, most likely aj Brown's gonna come up with it. Those fifty to fifty balls are extremely important. You see the way Jalen throws the ball deep, He throws it high. He done through a far. He throws it high because he knows that his receivers have the athletic ability to go up and compete against the dB.
Speaker 4: So in two games last year against the Cowboys, he had eleven receptions for one hundred and seventy yards and one touchdown. So what do you do with a guy like that. You're the corner and they tell you, Okay, Everson, you got.
Speaker 2: A man, a man. I Am not going to let him build up his momentum. I'm going to have to press him every play, and you have to be careful with that because you're going to be the guy that's on the stress. If you're a defensive back. You miss him at the line, he's gone, So you have to worry about not letting him get the momentum. So I'm going to squash that and press technique at the line of scrimmage so that, in nothing else, he's going to have to come through me. I'm not going to open the gate for him because that gives it momentum. He's going to have to come through me to get into his route. Hopefully that would throw us to throw off the timing between he and the quarterback. And also, I wouldn't mind having a little help over the top. Every once in a while, we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna ask you little help over the top? Can you do that with the guy on the other side? With Dante Smith?
Speaker 2: You can do that on both sides. But then what you worry about now is ken your boys up front handle to run right? Do you need the safety down there? Let's hopefully you don't, and then we could be comfortable back here and not necessarily have to take any unnecessary chances. I don't mind being hooked up with the number one wide receiver, that's okay, But if we don't have to take those chances, then.
Speaker 4: Why yeah, because then DeAndre Smith Swift has been pretty darn good for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm hoping my cornerback. You know, we got good cornerbacks on both sides. We got good wide receivers on both sides. So the matchup is going to be exciting. But you don't always have to put your cornerback in a stressful situation just so you can say I want the matchup, you want to win the game. I don't worry about the matchup.
Speaker 8: And I think what's going to be key is getting to Jalen Hurts as quickly as possible. Dallas is the highest pressure rate in the league. It's forty six point seven percent. Nice, So I think it's going to be up to our defense at the start to get hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah. They got it at the front, you know, And everybody tells me, how do you cover these guys when you put pressure on.
Speaker 2: The Jalen's been having problems. Yeah, he's been having problems this year. He's not nearly as sharp as he was last year because now you're the team to beat, right and they they've been checking out whatever his weaknesses are. I remember we were talking about the last matchup he and Dak had back in the day. You said the game was too fast for him, and I said the game was too fast for his offensive line because he never had help. But if you look at the potential that he has, you look at that touchdown that he threw his last touchdown in that game. I came in talking about it the next day. He's falling out of bounds and he heaves it to the end zone and all of his receivers. I think he went up and got it fifty to fifty ball, right, He went up and got it over three defenders, So that was it was an old by the way touchdown. But it was all about the potential that he has. So you want to make sure that he does not live up to his potential at all, and he hasn't been so far because everyone's been coming at him with everything that they had.
Speaker 4: So going back to Brown, he's got six consecutive games of at least one hundred and twenty five yards. First time I think anybody's done that in the NFL. Wow, that's incredible. Yes, right, not, so, no one's really figured out how to handle him.
Speaker 2: He beat a double team. It was clearly a big play in the game. And he beats a double team and what you do as a big receiver, you can run down the field and create your own space if you're bigger than the DV right, you know your stability. You know his like I said, shoulders, his muscle structure up top allows him to be more stable running down the field. If I'm running with a guy down the field, the strongest guy most likely is going to get the advantage for those fifty to fifty barsnest he's the strongest guy going down the field.
Speaker 4: So to put in context of what he's doing along with by the way, Tyreek Hill the single season yardage record for receptions Calvin Johnson of the Lions nine and sixty four yards. And if you remember before the season started, Tyreek Hill said I'm going for two thousand this year, right yes, well, right now, Tyrek Hill has one thousand, one hundred and fourteen receiving yards in eight games.
Speaker 7: So he's on track.
Speaker 4: So that means he's got nine games left, right right, Your math is very good, Savannah, because he is on pace for two thousand and fifty yards. But aj Brown, with the amount of yards I just said he had, he's on pace for one ninety five yards. So both guys are on pace to break the single season record.
Speaker 2: Right Nowags, I don't care about one player, I really don't. I mean, we can let aj Brown go off, right and we can still kick their asses. So that's the way I look at this. This is this is a team. This is a game that's going to be more than.
Speaker 4: About started what Jerry was talking about.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a bunch of different factors in this game that's going to add to winning it well.
Speaker 4: And the key thing, obviously for the Cowboys is well, okay, if they're going to score, you got to score.
Speaker 2: You gotta score.
Speaker 4: And I noticed that the Eagles defense that everybody makes a big deal about, they're ranked twenty sixth in pasteas right. They've been giving up two hundred and forty seven and a half yards game. And in the last two games Dak Prescott against the Eagle, so it have been one last year and then one back in twenty twenty one because he missed the first game in twenty twenty two. In these last two games, I mean for the Cowboys, Dak has completed forty six of sixty one passes. That's a seventy five point four percentage completion rate. Five touchdowns, one interception, and he has a one twenty four point seven quarterback rating. So the coaches, the Eagles coaches have been all talking about how well Dak's playing and that they've got to try to do things. Sirihani said, we got to try to confuse him because once he gets going, you know, he's.
Speaker 2: Will they will, they will press obviously.
Speaker 4: And tried got right. Yeah, and right now, Dak's completion rate for the season is seventy one percent. He's number two to Josh Allen who's seventy one point seven percent. So what what's got to happen here is Dak needs to play like Dak and you gotta love his confidence after the game. I can't remember if we talked about it early tonight after the game against the Rams, when they were talking Jerry didn't want to poke the bear and he said, if I'm fighting a bear, go ahead and pour honey on it. Yes, So I think that was and that wasn't him bragging. I think that was to kind of show his teammates, Hey, we got confidence, we can do this right right, We're not tippy toeing uh into this game.
Speaker 2: We talked yesterday now that that that front had that those those guards. Yeah, that little little threesome right there.
Speaker 4: They got to play.
Speaker 2: They gotta play. They got to keep him out of his face, because you're not gonna be I don't care who the quarterback is. First of all, he's not tall enough to see above all of these guys coming in his face, right. And if you got them coming around the outside behind him, and then they are in his face as well, there is no escape but to try and go retreat even further, and we've seen that it doesn't work. He's better when these guys are stifled at their line and he can go out this way or escape that way. That's when. That's how we see Dak at his best, and he's been conscious of that lately. You can have it there for you all the time, but lately I'll go I don't know who talked to him, but Dak has been conscious of that escaping Okay, that route, he's been conscious of that as he keeps his eyes down the field. He didn't have that in San Francisco. He still could have escaped, but as he did escape, he didn't seem to be in tune to his receivers down the field. I don't know what they've been working on. But he not just Seeee Lamb, but all the receivers Tony Pollack included. They seem to be able to find open space while dak is escaping.
Speaker 4: One of the neat drill. And I didn't see it as much this summer as much as I saw it last summer. They would when they were in offense, they would call a scrambling session. So basically you take the snap and you kind of sit there for a while and then you start scrambling and then your wide receivers got to scramble with you. And that was one of the things.
Speaker 2: It has to be effort. Yeah, I don't care one person, three people that it has to be a coordinator coordinate effort on what are you going to do CD to find my whole for us? If I'm do Michael Gallop to find the whole for us? If I'm going this way, you want to come come to the sideline. I don't want to go back to the middle too often, you know, So you try to be get open, but you want to be safe about where you get open because the defenders are smart too.
Speaker 4: And you know Washington. The Eagles beat Washington in this past week thirty eight thirty one. So Sam Hall through for four touchdowns against that defense, So they've got to be somewhat thinking we're pretty susceptible. Well, I'm to the past.
Speaker 8: I mentioned yesterday too. So the Eagles secondary has they've given up twelve touchdowns this season. That's at a ninety six point nine percentage rate, So that's twentieth in the league. So if you are giving up you know that amount of touchdowns, and like we saw with Washington, there's an opportunity. It's just a matter of fact of Dak being able to get the ball out and get somebody that is open.
Speaker 2: Are they a good running team? A running defense?
Speaker 4: They were? Where's that at here? They were eighth against no first against the run.
Speaker 2: I was going to say first against the.
Speaker 4: Run with those twenty six against the pass. Yeah, so maybe you just say, no sense banging my head against the wall trying to run. Let me just go against Tapa.
Speaker 2: Remember Tapa come away.
Speaker 4: And we will continue here on mix shots. We've got our picks and picks to click coming up next.
Speaker 2: Nothing from Bill.
Speaker 4: I did hear my phone ding in?
Speaker 2: Nope, he didn't.
Speaker 4: Why is somebody on my roof.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lte and the Cup the America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: As they Schnapper, the fresh scout who looks right, it's not there. He escaped fleift. He'll look full fresh down.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 5: Prescott's gonna rub thish show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 7: That's what I like.
Speaker 8: Shots experience the most electrifying event of the holiday season, Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Reliant every Friday and Saturday night from November seventeenth through December sixteenth. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza ignites the Star in Frisco with an unforgettable holiday performance showcasing sixty five performers, including the world renown Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, Santa Claus, and appearances from your favorite Dallas Cowboys football heroes. Visit the stardistrict dot com for more info.
Speaker 2: That was flawless.
Speaker 4: You got any responsibilities in that?
Speaker 7: Actually I do. One of them is Santa Claus.
Speaker 8: He's a very good friend of mine that I get to, oh, you know, coordinate his movements for the show.
Speaker 4: When you first said that, I thought maybe she was, Oh it's gone. I walked in. I walked into CVS this morning to get something, and the last time I was in there they had all the skeletons for Halloween.
Speaker 7: Think now, oh, it's all Christmas.
Speaker 4: Now it's a Christmas. We just skipped it. We just skipped it, right, There was no turkeys in the CVS.
Speaker 2: What's out?
Speaker 4: You just, I know, be careful.
Speaker 7: Christmas starts earlier every year.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we should probably get going on our picks and picks to click. Bill was supposed to check in, but I'm sure he's uh up to his knees and parade right now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I gotta say we we should go over last time, last week's pick to click.
Speaker 7: We can't we have it right here?
Speaker 2: I bet you do. Miss.
Speaker 4: By the way, not only is he the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week, he ended up getting the NFC Special Teams Player of the Month award.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 7: That's great.
Speaker 2: So Savannah, you picked you had? That was your pick to click right there? That was your guy, That was your guy, Spags, you had Fouler.
Speaker 4: I didn't show that that didn't work out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bell? I had Bill out there, but he didn't force a fumble, but he was he was who the bill? Have you had that?
Speaker 4: Bell had a good game? He had like seven tackles?
Speaker 2: Yeah he didn't for we had to force I have for Yeah, come.
Speaker 4: Here, and who got the score closest?
Speaker 2: Well, Bill thirty seven.
Speaker 4: Well we won't tell him, no, we won't since he's not he's not here, he doesn't he doesn't get clicks to pack. Well, Savannah, do you want to start us off or do you want.
Speaker 2: To use you go first step back, Savannah, all Right, I am looking at since I've been talking about him all week and how he needs to protect himself and how he has been protecting himself last two games. I'm looking at Dak being my pick to click guy. I'm looking at him having two touchdowns passing and one rushing touchdown. He's been using legs a whole lot these days. He understands that that's his way of survival, so he's he trusts his lineman, but only so far because he knows he's going to have to escape. So that's why I have the one rushing that he's going to have. All Right, And I look at the score, and I know I'm giving that defense a lot of credit, but I think we're going to expose Hurts for his lack of good passing ability this year. Thirty to twenty.
Speaker 9: Cowboys, all right, thirty to twenty Cowboys Europe.
Speaker 8: Savannah, Okay, I am going to go with Michael Gallup from Mike Day.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 8: Yes, Now, I know that there's been many conversations about mister Gallup not doing the most in some of these games. Yes, ever since I think that his time is coming, and I think it will be on Sunday.
Speaker 7: I think he's going to.
Speaker 8: Get the ball more, finally get some yards, and I believe he's going to get at least a touchdown this game. So I'm going to go with Michael Gallup for my click to pick, and I'm going with the Cowboys twenty seven to twenty all right, And so you got me.
Speaker 4: A pick for Bill? No, Bill, he's out, he's out, all right, here we go. My pick to click is going to be DeMarcus Lawrence. I think they will get after Hurts, and not only get after Hurts, but do a good job of getting some pressure on their running game. And as we know, it's not all about the sacks. DeMarcus Lawrence pretty good at playing the road. So I'm gonna go with him, and I'm gonna go with Cowboys thirty one the Eagles twenty four. Okay, And by time we get through next week, we're gonna have a tie first in the NFC East. So yeah, I just think, you know my and some of my reasoning is last year they split right right, Eagles beat the Cowboys with Cooper Rush, and then the Cowboys beat the Eagles without Jalen Hurts exactly and so this is the rubber match, the one that I was pulling for in the playoffs last year, and the Cowboys didn't get there. And then Philadelphia ends up beating San Francisco, which beat the Cowboys, but they ran out of quarterbacks, ran out of guys that could throw the ball in that NFC title game.
Speaker 2: And what I remember about the difference between when we played San Francisco versus when Philly played San Francisco, we couldn't do anything with their defensive line. We couldn't do anything they will run or pass. They were giving us all kind of hill. Oh yeah, and I recall the first drive by Philadelphia against San Francisco. I saw all kind of holes opening up. They did not have a problem blocking that forty nine the defensive line at all. So to me that obviously that's where it's going to be. The game's going to be warm there. But you have to show some type of competence against this defensive line to have any chance of winning this game.
Speaker 4: Right, No, absolutely, And they're awfully strong defensive line. So if they can at least hold them up so Dak can operate in the pocket, I think if Washington score thirty one, I think the Cowboys should be able to score thirty one and this will be a great, I think game for the fans to watch. And before we close, we're going to go back to one more Jerry Jones quote about the Rangers and what they did for their fans by being able to win this World series on mix shots.
Speaker 8: Maybe well just passed by.
Speaker 2: Up the program.
Speaker 4: Hopefully somebody is in there listening to me right now.
Speaker 2: Did they notice they did?
Speaker 4: Jazz knew it was coming.
Speaker 2: She's scrambling right now, I can hear.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, trying to find it.
Speaker 2: Hell, what did he say?
Speaker 4: Well, basically he was talking about how sports inspires people, uh, and and that you know, for for a fan base, uh, it's huge to be able to uh celebrate like this and talked about how in his his career that sports has meant so much to him that it's helped him get where he is today.
Speaker 2: It was he was he was a national champion, were national champions at Arkansas? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was, it was. It was really good. Unfortunately, I think we're running out of time right now. I'm kind of scared to end the show because don't we usually end it with no, no, no, We don't end it with anything, Okay, just me saying okay, thanks, thanks for being with us. So Jazz, is it okay if we in mix shots here this? Oh so it's okay? All right, Well, well we'll go out strong here, Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Rough times that you have with Spore, everybody has, everybody. You can't really play unless you have some hard times. But it is the absolute glory hole to have that elusive win, to be the champion. And I'm so proud for every fan is out here that's edded that way and the ones that are at home. I'm proud for every one of them. And it has really been, I might say, one of the reasons that I wanted to spend my every day in life in the world of sport. Obviously there are a lot of hard days, a lot of days that didn't go your way, but I've always known that given a chance, there's millions and millions of people that would like to be in your shoes. If you're a participant, so that gives your responsibility to it. So bottom line is this, I'm so proud for our fans. I know are players, the players of the Rangers feel honored, the management, the whole team feels honored to have this kind of support, but they earned it. That's hats off to them, and it is inspirational life. There's no way I could have in any way done some of the things that I've gotten a chance to do, as lucky as I've been, There's no way I can could have done it without the inspiration of sports.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.