Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony Dorsett, Demntrey Moore, and new He Scrugs.
Speaker 4: Welcome into the Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming here from the Star in Frisco, SWBC Studios. I'm Kyle Yeoman's filling in for new He Scrugs here this afternoon. Please to be joined by the rest of the cast and crew of the Players Lounge. Extra spicy today right in locker room. Yeah, a little bit good. This is good for me. We had our podcast this morning on Talking Cowboys. We kind of went through it and ranted a little bit about the thirty one fourteen loss the Cowboys had at the hands of the Chicago Bears. Now I get to talk to the guys that really know what's going on, and I'm saying that's directly looking at Isaiah stand back from so.
Speaker 5: It's stand back.
Speaker 4: I love Isaiah.
Speaker 5: Standback.
Speaker 4: We've got Anthony dor set Demandray Moore, Barry Church PC over here, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. All right, Berry, YopE, you talked about it a little bit on post game last night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: It was rough.
Speaker 7: It was rough, and you know, we dissected it a little bit, you know, in the post game, you know, our thoughts offensively, defensively, coaching, We we went through the whole gamdid but after, you know, sitting down taking another look at the tape and seeing what's going on defensively, I'm even more worried about this team than I was after the game.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm not gonna lie to you, but when looking.
Speaker 7: At it, I just I just don't understand the lapses in coverage.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna start there first. I'm start in the secondary first, and.
Speaker 7: I just don't understand the lapses in coverage like I can under you know, one or two trick plays here and there, you might have a guy open, but consistently, you know, having wide receivers open where there's a ten yard gap between them and the nearest defender.
Speaker 6: Is just it's remarkable.
Speaker 7: And you know, I know this isn't the secondary that's littered with you know, all pros all over the place. I know you got Dad's out there. Malik Hooker is a solid player. You know, those guys got experienced, but man, they got to put up a little bit more than what I've seen.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: With saying that, I gotta say this as well. You can have Darrel Reeves, you can have Patrick Peterson, you can have Jalen Ramsey, you could have Rob Woodson at one safety and.
Speaker 6: Rida's other safety.
Speaker 7: If you can't touch the quarterback on the opposing team, it don't matter.
Speaker 6: It don't matter. Quarterbacks are too.
Speaker 7: Good in this league to where if you give them that much time in the pocket, to where they're just kind of chilling like, oh hell, let me see my options out here, your secondary is gonna.
Speaker 6: Get diced apart.
Speaker 7: And we saw that last week against Russell Wilson turned the clock back on him. We saw it this week against Kaylen Williams, a guy that had struggled the first couple of games.
Speaker 6: He wasn't touched. I don't even know if he had a pressure.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't have any prushure last week, and.
Speaker 6: He tore these boys apart.
Speaker 7: So as much as I want to get on this secondary about having you know, leaving guy Scott free and just being open out there.
Speaker 6: If you have zero pass rush, like I said, it.
Speaker 7: Don't matter who you got in the secondary, you're gonna get diced up.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it goes back to what I keep repeating and keep saying. This team thought they was gonna have Michael Parsons. This team thought they was gonna have any race in some shape, form or fashion that they do not have anymore. And it was lost at the last second. So you don't have the opportunity to go out there and say, hey, let me put a band aid on this with this guy here or bringing these few guys.
Speaker 2: It didn't happen.
Speaker 8: And so I hear you what you guys say about Eba Flush's defense and everything else like that, I know that in his back pocket he thought he had Michael Parsons too, and any defensive coordinating in this league right now that has a chance to have anybody like that, a star caliber player like that has as you like to call the big joker. Okay, and no more big joker, right. But then at the same time, just like you said, a church is just not happening up front, it's also.
Speaker 2: Happening in the back end.
Speaker 8: And unfortunately, you know, like in this building, what I'm seeing is like with money comes responsibility, and that ain't always the way it should go, you know. Fortunately for me, I was able to be a part of some older teams. We had some vets, you know what I mean, And so like the veterans in the locker room, if there were true vets, were able to establish the culture, establish some identity, and just teach you how to be a pro. There's not a lot of veteran leadership in here that can honestly show these guys how to be pros. And then when it goes down, when it boils down to what I like to say, talent or technique, Like we saw some bad technique, and we saw some bad talent as well, but we're seeing some bad technique, you know what I mean. And so with all this stuff coming together, it's, you know, like you like to say you're having a perfect storm.
Speaker 2: They are having the perfect.
Speaker 8: Terrible storm, the worst storm that you could ever imagine.
Speaker 6: Right now, I have to hesitate on that work.
Speaker 5: Yes, perfect storm. I agree with y'all wholeheartedly.
Speaker 9: And unfortunately the first few weeks, because I try to be optimistic, this is the players lone so.
Speaker 5: We do get real on here.
Speaker 9: I'm always I'm always optimistic perceptions everything, glasses have full half empty. I was talking to one of my really really good friends. He's like an honorary father to me, big Cowboys fan since back in the day with the oilers, and he texted me he said, I don't see how you can go in the show and talk about them today, like literally, this is what they're doing. And when he's talking about that, I felt his energy. I felt the cohesiveness, like exuberating from this text message. And it's like I couldn't help but think about that locker room and what Ad is always saying is that you have Michael Parsons, you have that. Well, we've been a part of those good defense like you said, don't matter if you got a Derel Reeves this and that. Like if you got that, what they say, that's a that's a band aid, there's covering the real cracks behind that. But now that you don't have that eraser, because we know a raser. Whe does an eraser come from a mistake? A lot of mistakes have been shown out here and unfortunately Michael Parsons in the past, like he will be able to disguise that by getting the sack here, or at the end of the season you're top five in sacks and or you lead the league in sacks and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh, that defense is good. They're only one play away.
Speaker 9: Like you got your bat Man, you got your Robbin, and we thought these were a lot of role players. But now that Batman is gone and you see these role players, it's like, Oh, it wasn't what we thought it was. And like you said, it gets back to what you were saying that ibra Flus. I've been around this guy. Is he probably upset that he lost Michael? Yeah, but I know that he loves taking on challenges. I know that as much as he loves celebrating the big guys, he's one of those guys that loves celebrating the smaller name guy. Like he's like, yo, my system is an energy and effort system. But what I do see is I really want to know who it was that did the quote when knew he posted in our group chat yesterday. It was one of the captions that was a still frame from after the game. Post game, one of the DB's was like, oh, yeah, man, if we're not getting past rushing, you know, in the defense of where they tell you to go get past rush and then turn back around and go chase the ball. You know, you can't get down the field or something like. It sounded like it was kind of an excuse that was going And then when now that you're hearing a lot of these now that you're seeing people pointing but not pointing, you don't have somebody directly saying you or let me see the camera somebody saying you. But you got somebody hitting Adam Sandler saying hey on rowd the brothers.
Speaker 5: So it wasn't me, but we just.
Speaker 9: As the secondary, we gotta have better communication and we got to be in our spots. But also with that, we need Past Rush to come help us out. Oh Past Rush is sitting there saying, yeah, we just gotta do better and this and that. But we stopped here and they're like, I'm starting to see those nuances of people pointing out at each other, and it's like, unfortunately, it may be come to time to say that regardless of whatever things have been coming out the locker room, Michael was the glue. Michael was this guy this whole off season fiasco. I think it's starting to seep over there to where now you're having guys with built in excuses saying, oh, like he wouldn't hear this, Oh he wasn't there, and like now I'm starting to the energy that I am seeing from guys given comments. It's not the comments so we're about to come back and do this. This is the more of the comments. Like you know how it gets when people start losing or you feel like the team in there, let me go get mines now, and like you, I can't help the great vests that I've been around, like being in the locker room like Seattle Seahawks. You had Cam Chancellor, the Cliff Aprils, the Mike Bennetts, but the real guys that held that stuff down, the kJ Rice, the douve.
Speaker 5: Ball blue piece, like the glue pieces. These are star players within their own perspective.
Speaker 9: But these are guys that said, hey, I'm so much of a vet, I don't care. I know what to do. Hey de Montre, tighten up. Remember you can't do this. You ain't bobbying this and that like you don't you lost Michael. You got Trayvon doing what he's doing. You got Dak that is a leader but not leader. But and when I say leader but not leader, it's from what I'm seeing in the media. It's not when I was in that locker room when you had Tyrone Smith, that was the silent giant.
Speaker 5: He didn't say much.
Speaker 9: But in that locker room or in that meeting room when the O line came here, let's get this done, you had Travis Frederick. You had a young Zach Martin det got ushered into this the right way. Hell, even when Denz was here, you had theirs that taught these guys how to be a Dallas cowboy receiver, embraced that Drew Pearson mentality, teed.
Speaker 5: Up Terrence william over there on the sideline.
Speaker 9: And right now, I don't see that big vet that's saying, hey guy, this let's go get offensively.
Speaker 7: I would say they like that.
Speaker 5: That that's one of the leaders.
Speaker 9: And I take that back about for it. But it can't just be one leader. It's a it's a cohesiveness. It's usually a guy in the front end and a guy in the back end, and then your role piece.
Speaker 4: Well, since you're talking about defense, who's the leader on the defensive side, You don't that's.
Speaker 9: Where you don't and you don't have it, and so that's where it's like in the past. Typically I felt like they had the defensive presence as leaders, Like you had a guy like Terrence Crawford that was a.
Speaker 5: Silent leader that did get in their respect.
Speaker 9: But then you had a guy like the markets lawyers that were the big voice, say hey, when we need to charge somebody up, we knew how to charge him up. He knew how to charge him up in the media without giving them too much bulletin board material. Then you got the young guys that gavilanized around them with young Trayvon dig those guys of Vanderbosch, that was the vendors. You had those guys that filed in right now, now you don't.
Speaker 5: You don't have any of that.
Speaker 4: You got probably your two guys are Kenny Clark, who you just traded.
Speaker 6: He was just here and I love, I love right at the beginning, but he just got here.
Speaker 4: He just got here, so you got to establish it to a certain extent. The other one's probably Demone Clark, who's been in and out of the lineup, and he doesn't say much either. So when you piece it all together from a defensive standpoint. And I love the way you use the term eraser because you thought you were going to have that guy to finish that eraser mentality of Micah Parsons. You don't have that, But you know what you do have. You do have an eraser that you can take to the chalkboard and try and find a new game plan. Because whatever's happening now through the first three weeks of the season, whether that's eberflus or execution or scheme or whatever it ends up being across the board, it's got to be a different because both exactly and when you don't have a sack against the team like the Chicago Bears, which allowed sixty eight sacks of their rookie quarterback who was a number one overall pick last year, sixty eight the tops in the NFL, most sacked quarterback of all time, and you didn't get a sack on him. There's no other team in the NFL where you can confidently look up and down the schedule and say this Cowboys team's going to be better against them than they were against the Bears.
Speaker 2: You gotta change something.
Speaker 9: And if you're not to cut you off, but if you're a former or we're all former players, but you know how it is in that locker room. If there's blood in the water, like hey, we starting to hunt. It's crazy. The interesting fact was this man, Caleb Williams, has been sacked in every single game that he played and up until yesterday. If I don't care if I'm not Michael Parsons, I don't care who I am, but me as a defensive player, I'm taking that on the chin, like, bro, we look, that's the first game that that man went ungrazed. That's the first game that that man felt safe as a defensive player.
Speaker 5: There are okay, yeah and shot me look at it.
Speaker 8: And one of these things we always used to say, you know what I'm saying, either from from from a from a higher level, either you're coaching it or you're allowing it to happen. Either you're coaching it or you're allowing it to happen. Like that, all right, So now we pray to God that then that coaching bad techniques like coach Majors Johnny Majors was my coach at University of Pittsburgh. Came back to pit. He coached my dad when my dad was in so he comes back right. I remember one to day coach Majors was going off with practice. He's like, I know when I recruited these boys, they had talent, y'all.
Speaker 2: Coaches then coached all the talent out these kids.
Speaker 8: So it's a thing whereas were laughing about it, but leave Dallas and they go somewhere else and they might ball out.
Speaker 4: Happen career right now this year Warren's Armstrong Dante Valor Junior, And.
Speaker 8: So like it was one of these things, like as I was sitting here this morning and I'm watching the game over and like it was something that jumped into my head, and like it's gonna sound crazy to y'all, but.
Speaker 2: Is it systematic losing here?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Is it so entresed? Is it so entrenched in the DNA?
Speaker 8: And just like in the makeup of this organization and what's going on is that it's just like inevitable to get out of right now?
Speaker 2: Can they just not get out their own way some kind of.
Speaker 9: Way that is not as crazy as you make it sound, because we all know that don't do that. They come to the players line to get the facts when we in the locker room. What every year, right when the season's coming. You know who's in the playoffs, who's not, and we know who's a free agent. When you're a free agent, you already said, hey, man, I know they ain't got that over there. I know they ain't got that over there, But if I go over there, I'm gonna get paid, but I'm about to lose for the rest of my career. There are certain organizations right now. The Browns are trying to turn it around, but we all know that.
Speaker 5: During the off.
Speaker 9: Season it was like, hey, you go to the Browns and get paid, but you know you're losing over there. The Raiders tried to switch it around, but before Max Crosby got there, what.
Speaker 5: Were people saying about the Raiders?
Speaker 9: Now, back in your date, they was cold, But when I was it was like you lost those fights. You go through those those spells and you see them turning into those organizations where people don't want to be a part of them, Like, yeah, you might have won in the past, but right now we know they're not winning.
Speaker 5: Their facilities are horrible, or.
Speaker 9: You know what all they care about over there is the star player needs to get his touches, and it's not a team atmosphere and So when you say that, it kind of makes me think about this, and I think about it because I think about my time in Texas and them right when I was leaving, you know, you had guys like von Miller. We were starting to be on the up and up. We beat Bama and stuff like that, to where when I left, everybody was like, oh, and it might be competing for a national championship, and it was like, y'all aren't hungry no more. Y'all living off the past of what other people have done to where this program like you're just you're around and you're relevant enough to people say, ah, they're gonna do something, and then you just don't turn that corner. And it's like, what are you living off of? You're living off Johnny Manfield, You're living off de Mantrae, You're living off Vaughn like these pasts, what are we doing? Or we still living off of the great eighty eight Michael Irving, Emmis Smith. And when you think about this stuff, Oh, because they had the top offense. Oh because you had the guy that was the top pass rusher. Now it's like we're only one play away, and it's like, nah, you gotta get hungry. You gotta that eraser was tooking and the found Unfortunately, the foundation is being shown right now and it is shaky. You got one big domino right here and the rest of them are falling. So at teeter tides. The first two weeks, Dak Prescott best quarterback in the NFL. This last week, Dak Prescott, he ain't there. So when your strong domino shows that he's human, who else is there to pick it up? When Michael Parson is not there, we don't have nobody else on defense to pick it up. You Romadouzier got a Player of the week by Good Morning Football.
Speaker 5: And I'm looking at the highlight.
Speaker 9: I said, man, I didn't realize how boys was out there playing playing connected.
Speaker 5: This one thing.
Speaker 7: If you ain't got it, you know, it's one thing. If hey, you know what, this team just ain't talented enough. You got the talent. You're hurting yourself, man.
Speaker 6: And that's the that's the more mind blowing and the.
Speaker 7: More frustrating part about all of this defense, because offensively they gonna get right. I think I mean that he's too good of a quarterback. I mean they got wet on that side.
Speaker 9: You'll be offensive line with the line played well, they opened up the holes.
Speaker 7: But defensively, you hurting yourself blowing coverages like it ain't like you're just getting routed. Except for that one crazy technique that that digs did we try to jam and turning his own. Other than that, you're hurting yourself with these blown coverages, and that's that's gotta be the frustrating part with eba flus in this defense.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about that on the other side of the break, because Hey, I've got three defensive guys here, so we're going to dive into the defense a little bit extra Whenever we go into that matchup against the Bears, we'll talk about the offense and the third segment. But when we come back here on the players lounge, what is going on with the scheme and the thought process? Is this just a coordinator trying to learn his guys too late in the process. Let's talk about that when we come back right after this. Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a prown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over. It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Crownroyal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 11: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 4: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 9: Celebrate Octoberfest at Rally Day presented by seat Geek on Saturday, September twenty seven from ten am to five pm. Get ready to cheer in your Dallas Cowboys towards at the AT and T Stadium, Plus enjoy the festivities, games, German inspired food, beer, yes you heard it right, Beer in the Cowboyson and more. A visit at and T dot com slash rally days for tickets more information.
Speaker 5: German food and beer man.
Speaker 9: I'm not even a beer drinker, but that sounded good.
Speaker 4: Barry was excited.
Speaker 9: That's a good I you see, let me marent.
Speaker 8: Called beer and soft press was like in Pittsburgh, go.
Speaker 5: If you don't understand anything.
Speaker 9: Lad, guys in taxes.
Speaker 5: We're in Texas. Heer barbeq, tailgates. It's all us.
Speaker 4: I don't need to hear about Pamanti Bros.
Speaker 5: And all that.
Speaker 4: At gonna walk down the street to bos downtown.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, I know about the burg like that. He just trying to entertain y'all. Just a little bit.
Speaker 9: He's trying to entertain y'all. I would say, like this defense is trying to entertain, but I don't know if they're entertaining us or if they're entertaining the other fan base.
Speaker 6: How dare you?
Speaker 4: I'm filling in and you're comparing me to that defense.
Speaker 9: It's all we're all under one umbrella right now. We're trying to get them together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you say? You gotta challenge this? True?
Speaker 9: Apparently with the type of team that we got, you gotta challenge them through the media, So just be careful watching because you might get something.
Speaker 5: For it's a little joking joke. It's the players.
Speaker 9: But I'm gonna tell you like this, like I said last year, don't send me no d I am a player.
Speaker 5: First, Barry is a player first. Eight is a player first. And whoever sits in that check.
Speaker 4: We're emmy winners, all right. Like you said, going into the break, you're talking about the the the defensive side of the ball and the scheme that gets it there. You were talking about coverages and and the way that they were playing off the ball in certain situations where they're playing on the ball in certain situations. When you look back at the film, was it as bad going back through it today as it was watching it live when you were in the studio.
Speaker 7: I would say it was just because the same mistakes are reoccurring. And when you go through an ebra flu system, it's not difficult.
Speaker 6: Like that's the thing that simple. It's very simple.
Speaker 7: You know, it's a three bout one check, bout two check in the secondary wise, I don't know what y'all go, but it's very wise.
Speaker 8: Like taking me through a real quick So ebra Flu's defense. You're going to a game plan with your defense. How many coverages y'all gonna have them?
Speaker 7: We got a man maybe two or three different fire zones, which means a blitz, but the zone behind it, and then you got your basic cover two.
Speaker 6: Cover four, cover three.
Speaker 7: And it's really simple because it's like, all right, they come out in three bout one, All right, this is what we're checking to. This safety's dropping down versus the you know, on the open side, Roy, Lou.
Speaker 6: That's the communication.
Speaker 7: Roy, I'm coming down on the right side, Lou, I'm coming down on the left side.
Speaker 5: It's really simple.
Speaker 7: Two by two you're going away from the nickel, so the nickels on this side, Hey, I'm coming down, Roy.
Speaker 6: And when it's two by if you down, you gotta carry the seams like. It's super simple.
Speaker 7: It's not like a Rob Ryan or Rex Ryan defense where they come out in three boy one.
Speaker 5: You're checking X y Z.
Speaker 6: They come out you're checking this, that and the third.
Speaker 7: It's extremely simple, and it ain't make it that way so your defense can play fast, because that's all the Marinelli flus. They want you to play fast. They want you to play like your hair is on fire, and it want you to just go. And the less thinking, the more reacting, that's what they want. So when I see this, these defenses, and granted the pass rush is non existent, but when I see this and he saved these they bad eyes. You see it all over the place. The division is just wrong. You're not reading the keys question.
Speaker 5: But I know it.
Speaker 9: I know the pass rush is not what it used to be. But let's not say non existence. But no, no, no, no, he didn't know. He did not get touched. He did not he did not know. No, No, I'm gonna sit there and say that. I will tell you there is no consistent past rup none. But the few times that there are some wins, it's like you, like you said the holes in the defense, It's like it's both of the guys to where I feel like collectively they're falling down as a whole. Like how many times have I told you I like what I seen from the young pup, I like what I seen from Houston, Like he had a mean chop, like coming around the edge. But on the same play, I believe that was the play that Malik Neighbors got went over on digs and it was bombs over bag that so the few pass rushers that are winning is getting the game by misplaced and miscommunity.
Speaker 4: Think about that touchdown to DJ Moore in the red zone. Noody Williams was bouncing out of a collapsed pocket, but because he was able to extend the play and he had some level of exit there, that's when Dj Moore snuck was and that egg cooker and the bad eyes got him.
Speaker 9: And that's why I think for me, I think it's more so technique. This is this is just sloppy technique, Like what did they say and scramble Drew is when we do pursuit d get your eyes off the quarterback, find a receiver and grab and put his hands on him. Once you scramble out the pocket, you can put your hands on him and jack him up. When he scrambled out the pocket, everybody's looking and floating. But if you're gonna float, go attack, Go be the spy guy and really go get him. But don't have those bad eyes. And then as far as the pass rush, like you, there is zero. It is none on the edge. But you've been getting constant penetration up the middle of the nose weekend and week out. So it's like this is this is really just technique, and we all know that once. It's like, hey man, I didn't hit this guy with my best move and you not doing your job right now, it's like, all right, I'm trying to be the hero and right now what I see personally, and y'all can tell me if you're wrong, but I see too many heroes right now. I see too many people saying, hey, I'm pass rushing and I'm a win or whatever.
Speaker 5: Those other three need to do what they doing.
Speaker 9: I see too many people in the secondary like, oh, I'm trying to go for the big hit, I'm trying to do this and do that, and you getting put out of play on top of the sloppy technique.
Speaker 5: It sucks over here.
Speaker 9: And I think with ebra flues, like you said, when you don't have that eraser in there, like right now, you're trying to galvanize the guys. You're trying to show them that you're schematically is going to work. But they're in such dire needs where they saying this ain't working, like it is so simple. If it was a complex system, I could say, hey, you took your biggest eraser out here, and now guys are doing this other stuff. But we all know when you're in ebraflus. Once it's checked, its stay checked, Go do this and play.
Speaker 6: How is is that to change, Anthony?
Speaker 4: When you look at bad technique and what's tuck specific about the secondary when it's bad technique on the backside, how quick can you make a switch there? So is that something that takes time?
Speaker 8: No, to a man, and Barry can tell you and Tray can tell you this too as well. Like the one thing about being a professional athlete is that we could be hyper focused.
Speaker 2: And so it doesn't take two to three weeks.
Speaker 8: Like you can honestly watch some video of yourself, it gets so like just perturbed about what you're doing and what you're seeing.
Speaker 2: It just be like, no, I got to change this right now.
Speaker 8: You know now collectively as a team, it takes a little bit longer because like once again, we don't know why this person's eyes are bad, or what he's not seeing or what he's not hearing or whatever the case may be. But no, like it can happen that fast, Like if you want to make a change, you can decide to make a change, but you know the whole thing about it is just like what we said, it's not just one piece. It's so many different pieces here there up front, the middle.
Speaker 5: And the back.
Speaker 8: So you know it's going to take some time and to hear how simple this defense is. You know, Like I had Greg Williams as a decoordinator and then my first year in the league, I ran We ran the forty six, which is the hardest thing you could ever magine, Okay, and so like and so to have the communication and to have all this stuff and to make everything flow together, well, it can be done. You know, like if that if that defense can be successful, any defense can be especially with one with one or two checks at the end of it. So, I mean it goes back to like what we talked about before. You gotta make it so simple, and I don't know how we make it any easier than what it actually sounds like it is.
Speaker 2: Besides guys just making up their mind.
Speaker 5: When you want on, man, you can't. That's exactly what he's gonna do.
Speaker 9: Is that all these coordinators that run this type of style of defense, when they get to the level of pistivity, they go in there and what do they say, Man, this is the most simplest defense that you have right now, run this Like, what else can I do?
Speaker 5: I can't do anything for y'all?
Speaker 2: How are you grading out?
Speaker 5: And like so, I've always I've checked part of your offenses.
Speaker 8: That you had to grade out at least a certain number to even keep your starting position for the next week, You know what I mean? And so what I'm seeing on video nobody's grading out. Yeah, No, one's like literally played in that in that space to say, oh, I deserve to be back out here next week.
Speaker 2: It hasn't happened.
Speaker 7: Is that more of a question of what the depth they have behind them to where cats are out here getting burnt left and right? You got mental mistakes in the secondary. You got guys along that defive line not being able to win on one on ones, not being able to get to the quarterbacks. You got linebackers you know, missing tackles, not getting up depth in the in the zones, and that's reoccurring. Does that go to show you that the depth behind them is that that bad or the coach is just like, man, we go, we don't trust those guys.
Speaker 4: To be all the whole. Yeah, you talked about the talent in that first segment. Right, you said, this team has talent, that's plain and simple. You do at the top, you do from one to ten, one to eleven. You feel pretty good about stacking your one and eleven going anywhere else in the league. But from twelve to fifty three is where you've got a little bit of shake. So and it's a steep drop drop.
Speaker 8: I think that, Like we talked about this before, and I don't know how the league. Well I do understand how the league got to this, because money speaks loud, you know what I mean? What there was a point in time where people actually use the preseason to get some cohesion with the players. Now preseason here has turned into like the celebrity hangout thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm not playing today, so let me go over here.
Speaker 8: Like I'm not a DeVante Adams type dude, but let me go here rough shoulders with him, you know what I'm saying. Like, because it and the whole thing that is transpired here has gone away from like keeping what's first supposed to be first, and that's football competitiveness.
Speaker 5: Say it, that's the game is getting soft. I said, it's too much for.
Speaker 8: You know, bumping going Hey, I'm sitting over here and I'm watching stuff, and everybody that I see that the cameras in front of is a young dude, is a young player.
Speaker 9: I'm not even gonna say it's just because the young dudes that this and that it just goes to heart and that competitive nature, like just the coming over it like hey, I understand safety and all this type of stuff, but the mentality, like the aggressiveness that I fell in love with football watching guys like Jesse Armstead Michael straight Hand, like were talking about two different caliber players, one that talk trash, one that don't.
Speaker 8: You're worried about with sex and sex satan about them.
Speaker 5: They might not be. They might not be.
Speaker 9: But even if I can't even say that, because you got guys like Chad Johnson, trail Owens like they they were on the social media, they were active in that, but they were still competitors like that competitor like, but they still were competitives. Like it was like what they say, this is my craft. What Ocho said came, no corner hold me. I got the sweetest feet out here. They were so confident in their skills and they worked that hard in it to where it was like bam.
Speaker 5: When it came to the off season.
Speaker 9: You've seen Santana moss O, Cho Terrell and young Antonio Brown.
Speaker 5: You've seen them out there competing.
Speaker 9: And now it's too much of when you get out there, Oh I got beat. Ah, man this happened, or man, we'll get a fix. Like it's too much of the polished answer. And you don't see people putting that onus on they self where they say I gotta do this, because at the end of the day, this is a warrior's sport, This is a warrior's mentality. I come over here and I dominate you. Too many times we see people getting dominated and what coach you used to say back in the day, if you end up on the ground, you better pop back up. Well, now, when I turn on that Cowboys film, I see people getting dominated and.
Speaker 5: It's the I'm gonna roll over real quick.
Speaker 9: Let me fix my jersey, and it's like, nah, I need to get up and boath somebody and go hit somebody. What they say on Friday, Hey, I know y'all ain't gonna arrest nobody, but just whoop a little A double snakes on the way down to the police station and that's where we're starting to get to. At this point, you were talking about ten wins. Shoot, I'll be over there. Can you please just punch somebody? Can you please name on my little.
Speaker 4: Roan?
Speaker 9: I mean, shoot, you might as well send this man an Instagram like and a TikTok moji. The way that we're being out here, and that's what is going to We don't have that better. That's why I love watching y'all play. That's why when I came into the league, people was like, man, you were you was born in the wrong generation, because I've seen the change of people still competing, like justin Tuck matthis Ke Jason Pierre, Paul Sean Rodgers coming into a room like that. Then in the back end you have Aaron Ross, Corey Western and Trail roads like these.
Speaker 6: Are all faller like here.
Speaker 5: No, no, this was on the end of that. This is on the end of their career.
Speaker 6: They like, these dudes are trying.
Speaker 5: They don't have the talent.
Speaker 8: You see his interview A there was it was it was orange just a little bit ago. I didn't so he like, so he's talking about I've been seven different places and ain't never seen nothing like this.
Speaker 2: These boys are spoiled.
Speaker 8: That's the first thing he said talking to the media, and he asked.
Speaker 6: Them, you're talking about clowning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's like, he's like, all this that they got you are you do get spoiled.
Speaker 9: I can say it from being here to leave and going to the Raiders before they had the new facility to go into Canada and planning in the CFL where you barely you have to pay for your own.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't know. I've never because I can't.
Speaker 6: I'm sitting here. I'm like, it's not like.
Speaker 7: I don't see these guys hustling, and he's I don't see hustle. Like sometimes you just ain't adult, Like sometimes the talent is just that big of a gap. It ain't like these dudes are just going out there like, man, you know what, I'm gonna get paid this week? Who on that defense is just getting getting unbelievably paid, you know what I'm saying, Like, Okay, but but that's the old trying to grind to get to that point. But the mentality that they're trying to But you know as well as I do, none of them was showing you the work that the day that it takes to get to that point.
Speaker 6: But who shown We can't say that.
Speaker 7: Who can't say that because we we're not there, we're not we're not out there with them each and every week or on the field with them.
Speaker 5: We can't say that, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna I'm gonna say all right, I'm not gonna say that they're not trying. But I'm gonna say is I don't see the frustration. I don't see the certain will factor where it's like if I got beat, I come over here and say that, like, Okay, George picking messed up. That pick was solely on him. But I've seen the passion, don't You don't got to throw your helmet, breaking his helmets. But I'm like, but I know it doesn't make it. But I'm saying here, every time that we've seen George have these tender tantrums, you say it's a tentra tantrum, but it shows me somebody that's passionate and been trying to work because every negative stereotype he has had, he's worked hard to try to do that. They said he wasn't blocking like he was supposed to on what he became famous off of what he do. He going there and block he came in here. They said he wouldn't be a good No. Two and his ego would take into place. No, he did everything that he was opposed to. Now you're seeing the frustrated player that's been working his butt off to do that thing.
Speaker 4: And he might have to be the number one now as ces on to it. Let's take a break. When we come back, we'll flip to the offensive side to wrap things up here on this edition.
Speaker 5: Of the Player's Lounge.
Speaker 12: Already, life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 5: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 12: Overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of addage sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie.
Speaker 6: Kit Hey, They're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 4: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 13: It's game day and raising kains. If you want to order like a child, it's action off the field.
Speaker 5: You need to focus on.
Speaker 13: The only play you're running is chicken. So what CONLRD you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to order online or on our app. This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 14: Hey Cowboy fans, Keith Davis here former Cowboys saving.
Speaker 6: Keith Davis hifter.
Speaker 14: They also, you know what separates Hamptons from the rest, Making the right move at the right movement the Blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: That's never been easy.
Speaker 14: The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn evist like your icub with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys.
Speaker 4: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedule is officially here. Limited tickets are available now. You heard it right now. Get ready to bring the noise as you watch the Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host the NFC East Rivals, Eagles, Giants, Commanders plus the Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings and the Cardinals. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot Com slash ticket or seat geek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This week's gonna be a hot ticket in town. But even with the performance in week three, people, we're still going to be excited and what the heck happens, I'm.
Speaker 9: Gonna tell you right now, Siria and Alexa be talking to me. Sometimes I'll be like bro, I got to turn off all these electronics. But when I got up this morning, all I heard was Siri play Return of the Map.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 9: When I tell you Michael is coming back here after what he's seen, Oh man, he's looking at the job.
Speaker 6: She definitely.
Speaker 8: Let's let's let's let's talking to one of my boys this morning, and he brought this up. He was like, yo, he said, could you imagine if Michauld come in and hurt da? Oh man, it ain't even it ain't even a wish nothing, It's not a wish.
Speaker 2: But it's just to say what Jerry would happen?
Speaker 5: What they say at that point? Hey what because Jerry said?
Speaker 2: What did Jerry say?
Speaker 8: We'll take one of these packer picks and use it on somebody special right now?
Speaker 9: If they if I'm a dep if I'm a defensive player, I'm gonna tell you my mindset.
Speaker 5: I'm not going out there to play dirty. But when I tell.
Speaker 9: You that, you're gonna use that to go get a generational talent.
Speaker 5: Bet you better go be looking for a new QB. I get hired for one thing.
Speaker 9: They paid me to do it extremely Well, Well, guess what I'm gonna make sure you get your money's Worth.
Speaker 5: You ain't gonna get another Michael Parsons.
Speaker 9: You need a new Dak Prescott messing with me or offensive lineman, whoever I'm going against, I'm making it a point to drop them.
Speaker 2: Green Bay, Who's like they did? You know they're gonna come in here on one.
Speaker 6: There's no sneaking up on hold up lash Jacobs.
Speaker 5: He didn't get a he didn't get a tub last week. They kept him out of that.
Speaker 9: But everybody was talking craazy to him, said, I'm making it a point to break your streak.
Speaker 5: He about to reactive back the streak. Knew he.
Speaker 9: I wish he was here right now because you know he'd be talking about my one of my favorite special team coaches all the time, Richard Bassasi over there.
Speaker 5: He coming back over there? You think BASASCEI ain't coming back.
Speaker 9: When we talk about guys in that last segment of those that had that killer mentality, those guys that go out there were talking about taste their own blood. I love this. That is what you have in a coach in rich Basachi like that man is a leader of men like It's a reason why it's a special Not too many special team head coaches get nominated to go even interview for a head coaching job and should have got it. So you think that he ain't what they say. You see your old ex girlfriend this and that, I love my new situation and this and that. But hold on, let me put on this clone and make sure I look real good. You know what you lost. You lost two cowboys, like two key pieces at one point in time. Everybody knows in this building that they didn't want to lose Rich Bassachi. Then on top of that there's hit or miss. But as far as talent wise, forget everything else. But you don't lose talent like that in Michael Parsons, you got two of them going for you.
Speaker 5: Over there. It's about to be a good week rivalry.
Speaker 9: There's with the Catchers the last Hey, that's three of them right there, Holy trinity right there.
Speaker 5: That this Green Bay game is about to be special.
Speaker 9: Within his own rights, They're going to be so many different headlines that's gonna be popping up this week.
Speaker 4: They are one of two teams in the NFL through three games that have not allowed two hundred and fifty total yards in any.
Speaker 2: Of their three games.
Speaker 4: They're one of two teams. The other team it's the team they lost to this week in the Cleveland Brown defense. They got some defense coming And it's not just Michah Parsons for Sean Gary had yeah RG last week.
Speaker 5: I mean the secondary.
Speaker 4: It's really good, Anthony. When when you look at the offense and you look at the way that they've prepared and the way that they played last week compared to this week, what's your confidence level going up against that defense?
Speaker 8: The confidence there for the Cowboys? Boys, Hey, it's it's going to be a struggle, okay. I mean, and we saw some some minor cracks. You know, Dak has been playing exceptionally well.
Speaker 6: How do you feel like you played yesterday?
Speaker 8: I feel like he had the press towards the end, and I feel like that's what we were seeing a little bit of, you know. And then of course when you got CD go down, you lose, You lose a major target like that on offense, and it basically almost kind of push you almost one dimension on so many kind of ways. But it's going it's gonna be tough. It's definitely gonna be tough. I haven't seen anything any consistency to say that, you know, like, well, I actually have seen more consistency over the past few years, but I haven't seen anything to say, Okay, the run game is going to definitely do this this week. We know without we know without CD we're going to be missing something.
Speaker 9: But we do it as much as real hard.
Speaker 4: They didn't go away from it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not they got away from I'm not hating on the run game at all. He's actually playing a great playing really good right now. But if you're first of allf you're down, you ain't gonna keep running the ball all right. And we haven't shown like the balance has been there, but it hasn't been to the place where like we could just sit up here and say, Okay, we know they're gonna be able to run the ball down they throw, we know they're gonna run right a MIC or anything else like that. Green Bay's defense, even though with it being as young as it is, them young boys in the secondary, is making plays.
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 8: When you ask me about how confident I am with it, I'm gonna just keep it one hundred. Like, I'm not confident in the cowboys on either side of the ball right now. The only thing I'm confident in is the kicker.
Speaker 5: He's a good one.
Speaker 4: Even Dak said that though he said, we can't rely on Brandon get points when we have an opportunity.
Speaker 9: You relying on field goals win, win you the game. It's like you you're desperate right now. But as as much as I say that I'm gonna I'm gonna be Devil's advocate, I'm more so confident in the offense than I Obviously the defense is the weak point. But what makes me so confident in the offense, Besides the last game, Dak showed me, which I've always said, he was a top ten quarterback in this league. Now, do you have higher expectations for him, yes, but he showed me what Barry has been banging on the drums since the season is start those first two games, he put the team on his back.
Speaker 5: He had that cape.
Speaker 9: And with that being said, I look at this Cowboys team, at least the offense coming in this week kind of like I was looking at the Bears, like we went from having all this success and now we lost to the We lost to the Bears. And then Dak, I know him and the competitive leader that he is, he's gonna sit there, He's gonna bring up all those first that happened this week.
Speaker 5: We don't have CD. Now.
Speaker 9: Guess what, George, we need you to show them that you are the number one, that that really is a one eight and a one B type guy.
Speaker 5: Hey, Ferguson, keep being that guy. Jafonte.
Speaker 9: You have revived your career and showed people that, hey, you're looking at rookie year four and the old line who we thought, which I was trying to do it earlier, but I'm gonna do it now.
Speaker 5: I am giving y'all y'all flowers is early.
Speaker 9: Do not do that, but hurry up and get this thing going to where I think these guys are gonna make this play. The offense is gonna be there. I think they're gonna bounce back like once you get punched in the mouth. It's how you respond, I think, and Dak has always responded. So the offense is the it's the defense. I'm really worried about.
Speaker 4: Big game coming up on Sunday, but lots the breakdown. I know you guys will be back tomorrow to break it down here two pm Central Time from Dallascowboys dot Com Radio for Anthony Dorset, for Demontre Moore, Barry Church Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomen. Thanks for letting me fill.
Speaker 6: In for new he scrugs today with more.
Speaker 5: Of the players, Emmy replacing the
Speaker 1: It's been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.