Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a.
Speaker 3: Look at some of the stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Ja's Walcock here with Stephen Carroll and we're joined by Bloomberg reporter Louise Moon. So, Louise, European carmaker shares they're falling this morning after Trump raised tariffs on EU cars and trucks of twenty five percent.
Speaker 1: What are you watching?
Speaker 4: Indeed, Yeah, so we're watching the likes of BMW, Volkswagen, Mercedes, Benz, Stilantis. But really across the board, they're all falling into the red after this.
Speaker 1: As you say, Trump race Harris is twenty five percent.
Speaker 4: He said that won't apply to cars that are built in US factories.
Speaker 1: So those four companies that I mentioned, they do all.
Speaker 4: Have a have a presence in the US, but of course it'll make they don't make all their models there and so as I say, weighing on their star price this morning. Obviously this is all part of Trump trying to force carmakers to move more production at a faster pace to America, and it's fresh volatility for a lot of these stocks. There's been you know, whipsaw trade policies around this from Trump. So as I say, they do all have a significant footprint in the US, but only for certain models and already struggling to make profits because of all these headwinds are facing, including tariff. So BMW down about two percent, Silantis slightly down, Mercedes and yeah, Mercedes over about one percent, So slight falls, not drastic, but we are seeing falls there across Europe for carmakers.
Speaker 5: And now to a brand that I suppose was really the top of everyone's mind in the arts and the twenty tens, Nokia or Nokia depending on your pronunciation, guys, lots has happened to the company since then, but it shares hitting their highest level since twenty ten. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're up over eight percent today, as you say, really rallying. They're seemingly caught up in this wider tech rally that we're seeing in Europe, and also it's been playing out in Asia as well. So Asia totally rallying on the back of this tech and AI trade. It's partly after a lot of these megacap earnings in America last Friday, adding more fuel to this wider tech and AI theme. Analysts are saying that investors will continue to chase down what they perceive to be the winners within that space, So returning that again to the forefront, and then this is now playing out in Europe. Obviously European markets closed on Friday, so Nokia seems to be caught up in that wider rally. Also looking at the likes of asml B semi Infinian also rising as well this morning, not quite as much as Nokia, but they are also in the green. Infinian's also got their earnings latest week, so we'll be keeping an eye on that to see, you know, how they're doing and if this rally actually plays through in their numbers. But Tech more widely, Yeah, rallying across Europe and Nokia right at the top of that.
Speaker 3: And do you have an industrial engineering from tist and Krupp. It's on mouth this morning tell us why.
Speaker 4: So news over the weekend that so they have been in talks with a company called Jenelle Steel, an Indian company who was going to buy a stake into some crap steel unit.
Speaker 1: So they first offered in September.
Speaker 4: Since then, there's been a bit of doubt whether or not that would actually happen and play out, and now those talks have been paused. Tust and CRAB are saying that, you know, the original assumptions and prerequisites around a potential deal have changed. They say they're making progress on their unit, on realigning their unit. There's a more favorable regulatory environment, so a bit more stabilization there and a bit more growth. So those talks have been paused and shares actually taking higher on the back of this, so potentially well investors are kind of welcoming that positive sentiment from Tust and CRUP despite that m and a deal at least for the moment not happening.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.