Speaker 1: Some donkey to day is just sud themselves. I've been watching Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Man, I was ready for.
Speaker 1: I heard them Donkey say it again, Charlay, are don't Charlotte? Yes, Donkey Today for Wednesday, December eleventh, goes to a thirty six year old woman from Memphis, Tennessee named Stephanie Samuels. I'm telling you right now, times is hard and they're not getting easier. Okay, no time soon.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: If you're blessed enough to be making a couple of dollars, you should thank God for that every day drop on the clothes box. For everybody out there just making a couple of dollars. Okay, you don't have to be rich if you got enough to keep some food on your table, a roof over your head, and you can treat yourself to things. And when I say things, I'm not talking though dy am burking bags or the latest Jordan's. You know, if you're doing that, you really winning. I'm talking simple things like a manicure, petticial, a haircut on a weekly basis. How about getting your hair braided? Okay, that might be something that a lot of humans on this planet takes for granted. Having a couple of dollars to get your hair braided. Yes, you have some amazing looking braids in your hair right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: How much did they cost?
Speaker 2: Five seventy five?
Speaker 1: She's a blessing. Yes, that is a blessing, Philly. Okay, because there are so many people out there right now who would love to get their hair braided but can't afford it. Okay, and Stephanie Samuels is one of those women. Now, just when you were younger and couldn't afford bridge, how did you make do? Or were you never in that position?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I was definitely in that position. I said, a little side ponytail with the sprout, okay, And I thought I was cute.
Speaker 1: I thought I was killing this. Whe you couldn't afford braid? What did you do? You just didn't get them?
Speaker 2: Put my head in a side ponytail, like I just said that, I was looking struggly.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, well so I want to know. That's why I wanted to ask. I wanted to know your story because I would assume that if you couldn't afford bridge, you just do another protective hairstyle like you just said. Right, are you find a cheaper option. Are you gotta work for the braidge, pick up an extra job something? But what I do know is whatever you chose to do, or whatever you choose to do, is smarter than what Stephanie Samuel did. See. Stephanie was just getting the finishing touch she's on her braids, and she told her hairstylist four words that a hairstylist never wants to hear, especially after she already finished the work. And those words are I can't pay you. What happened next? Well, let's go to Fox thirteen for the report. Please.
Speaker 4: Latasha Dickerson has been braiding here for more than twenty years. Dickerson says Stephanie Samuels has been a client for seventeen years. Samuels came to her home to have small, extra long box braids done last month. This cellphone video shows how Samuel's hair came out after nine and a half hours of braiding. Dick Dickerson says she charged Samuel's two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: She gave me fifty dollars and said that's all she has right now. That was it, and then she was like, I can't give you nothing else.
Speaker 1: I gotta pay my mortgage.
Speaker 4: Dickerson says she was at a loss for words, especially because Samuels is a childhood friend. Please say Samuel's bit. Dickerson's right arm pepper sprayed her and pulled a box cutter on Diggerson while her children were in the home. Diggerson says she was looking forward to using the money towards Christmas gifts for her children. She advises hairstylist to request a deposit and have clients pay up front before starting the service.
Speaker 1: I feel so sorry for this handstyllars. What is it name, Latasha Latasha Dickerson. Yeah, not only because she didn't get paid. I know Dan well, I know Dan well. She couldn't properly fight either, okay, because she was tied as hell standing on her feet all that long time, nine and a half hours doing this woman's braids. Hairstyllars be exhausted after they do a head of hair. You ever see that meme with a Popeye's Chicken lady sitting outside looking tighty. That's how every handstyle is in America. Who does braids be feeling and then you're gonna tell me you can't pay me, Then you're gonna bite me. Pull out some type of chemical agents, a pepper spray, okay, and spray me with it and pull out a box cut on me. I ain't got time for all that. And what's crazy about this is all projection. Okay, Stephanie got mad because she broke, and I understand. I get it. People out here doing bad, they're hurting. They broke. Stephanie probably didn't bite the hairstyles out of just pure anger. She might have been hungry too, okay. And it don't help that Lotto out here making songs calling people brokey and it's about can you imagine you riding around bumping Lotto album that beat drop verse fire and fifty two seconds into the song you realize she's talking about you. Come on, man, we live in a world with a gap between the haves and have nots is so wide, and the have nots have to go on social media all day and watch a bunch of people lying about how much they have. That can cause you to go crazy. But I would like to tell people this. You can fix being broke, but you can't fix being poor. Okay, being broke is temporary a lot of times, being poor systemic but also having very poor character because Stephanie, this just shows how poor your character is. A Latasha was a childhood friend, all right, Sometimes you have to learn to do it out. You're not entitled the braids. You can't get mad at this woman because you can't afford the hairstyle you want, and for you to book in a appointment, get your braids put in, and then attack her because you can't pay her and you wasted her time. She had every right to beat your ass. You didn't have no right to throw hands with her. Now you charge with aggravated assault, and you have a bond that's one thousand dollars. Okay, if she couldn't afford to pay two hundred dollars for braids, you think she can pay a thousand? You think she can afford to pay a thousand dollars for a bond? Huh? Come on, man, comorrold Of. The story is being poor leaders, the poor decision making. So don't let temporary circumstances of being broke land you into a permanent place called prison. Please give Stephanie Samuels the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 3: You. Oh the day, ye, oh the day ye.
Speaker 1: By the way, nine and a half hours, two hundred dollars. Lord, have mercy, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: My girl took three and a half to nine.
Speaker 1: Yours is amazing.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Look at Stephanie. She wasn't know, she wasn't know. She was only she was only gonna pay fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: No she yeah, she probably looked at them and was like, oh no, I only got fifty dollars for this.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, animal about you, bitch, because that's not what I paid for. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh my god. Or maybe she just had a rough night and it's the way she got them place.
Speaker 2: Now, No, no, that's not that. Looks like we have to see one of the things that what I wanted versus what I got. Now, I'm looking at the I'm looking at it. I'm like, I don't know the bitch, that's crazy I was for me to still get up looking like that, damn I know.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you for that. Donkey Today, Yes, indeed, Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull, Lamb and Soft. Don't be a donkey when you need to fight her on your side. If you ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot that's Michael the Bull dot com. And when you mess with the Bull, you get the hauns. Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club