Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong.
Speaker 2: And Getty and now He arms Strong and Yeddy.
Speaker 3: The trials centered around a track meet in a Dallas suburb last year, when Anthony walked under a tent belonging to Metcalf's team. After Anthony was repeatedly asked to leave police a Metcalf pushed him, and then Anthony pulled out a knife, stabbing him in the chest. Metcalf died in the arms of his twin brother. Defense attorneys argued Anthony acted in self defense, but prosecutors called it murder, plane and simple, saying you can meet a shove with a shove, but you don't get to meet a shove with a stab.
Speaker 2: Well, prosecutors and jurors yesterday said it was murder, plane and simple.
Speaker 4: Yeah, incredibly unfortunate trial, seven long, three hours of deliberation. Murder, you know, clearly murder.
Speaker 2: So you go to a track meet and you're gonna go into the other team's tent to like try to be uh intimidating or whatever. You bring a knife with you, my knife with the out of track meet his inte.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, the first part, maybe he was just looking for a place to sit and decided I'm gonna sit under this team's tent and they asked him to leave. But yeah, he had a deadly weapon with him at a track meet, and then as soon as he was asked to leave, he said, you touch me, you're gonna find out, and he reached into his bag, which meant that was like his go too when guys were saying, you gotta get out of here. And then finally the guy shoved him and he did find out with a stab wound to the heart.
Speaker 5: And the idea that that.
Speaker 4: Was legitimate self defense is just it's it's self evidently ridiculous. Wow, it was very sad because this is a teenage Drew who I have a feeling thought he was being a tough guy, thought he was going to be a gangster or whatever, and by god, his life is over.
Speaker 2: Well, certainly the victim's life is over, so as the kid that got stabbed uh to death. We haven't mentioned that there's a race issue to this, a racial component, which makes the whole thing as jazzy as it got. You got a black kid and a white kid, and immediately the families turned it racial. A lot of immediate turned it racial, and there are family and the lawyers raised a tremendous amount of money by making it racialized. Carmelo Anthony's mom shouts racist as riles up crowd as she leaves the court after the verdict. Jasmine Crockett, as we mentioned last hour, black congress person from Texas, suggests she would have stabbed Austin Metcalf in stunning defense of Carmelo Anthony. I would have also stabbed him because he said get out, you didn't and then shoved you.
Speaker 4: She's a racist and a monstrous human being somebody to death. There were the yeah, yeah, absolutely ugly. So it was so discouraging watching the news last night. I was you had the reaction outside the courthouse, rival groups screaming at each other's faces. Most, if not all, of the conviction was righteous folks being white, and all the people angry about the conviction were black.
Speaker 5: Twenty three Michael, I'm sick.
Speaker 2: I'm sick.
Speaker 1: As a jury considered punishment for nineteen year old Carmelo Anthony, who claimed he killed seventeen year old Austin Metcalf in self defense emotions flared on the courthouse steps.
Speaker 6: I just feel like there was so much that wasn't taken into a consideration.
Speaker 2: It was so fast a sad outcome.
Speaker 1: But Justice Weser Anthony is black, Metcalf was white. Last night handed Carmelo Anthony a thirty five year prison term.
Speaker 2: Thirty five years well, first degree murder oughtibi. Yeah, yeah, a lot of those people. I looked at them and I think you or I listened to them, and I think you lack the capacity for rational thoughts. So I'm not going to stand on a courthouse lawn and yell at you and try to convince you of something that just don't have the capacity of for rational thought.
Speaker 5: What are you going to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't get it. I don't understand why why you can't overcome whatever racial feelings you have and think, well, this would have been a shoving match except for one guy had a knife and stab the other guy to death.
Speaker 4: You can't do that when you're asked over and over and over again to leave somewhere, leave, but you know that doesn't enter into the crime. Who is polite or impolite or had a right to be under a tent or not. That's not the way the law works.
Speaker 2: Right man, What an ugly story. I don't know if there's anything more to say on that.
Speaker 4: That well, the only thing I'll say is that there was an absolutely horrific crime in which a Somali man tried to be had an irishman in the street and.
Speaker 2: Didn't they determine it's not Somalia. Oh I think it was oh Sudan. My apologies, Yeah, an s named Africa country.
Speaker 5: But anyway, there was a second night of great.
Speaker 4: Violence in Britain as the rampant open immigration, particularly from Muslim lands, which has so twisted British society.
Speaker 5: Is the true meaning of that.
Speaker 4: The impact of that is becoming more and more clear to more and more Brits, and so they're acting out and rioting and breaking stuff which I never condone. But I have said this many many times and will continue to say it. If only extremist quote unquote groups talk about the real problems the people are feeling, people will gravitate to those groups. If your mainstream in British politics isn't ready to say, you know, this has caused enymous, enormous problems and disruptions people are going to act in ways you don't like. And you caused it center right in Britain. You caused a lot of it. More on that another time.
Speaker 2: I want to talk to this about some stuff that's a little less serious. Jeff, did you see the Uh, I've got all the details on this that Seattle Mayor that we like making fun.
Speaker 4: Of the Katie Wilson socialists, Katie Wilson woman child socialist. Yes, her latest thing with all those tiny homes that she built, well not near as many as.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to build. But what a disaster this is turning into and going to turn into a pretty funny story actually that we'll have to get to. And uh. And then I got a question for you. Does this ever happen in your life? That got from a Robbie suave of reason? But does this ever happen in your life? He asks that question, We asked that question. That's a good one too. A lot of stuff on the way. I hope you can stay here. Okay, that sounds like you got faulting in. Joe is going to tell us before we play the clip before what that is? What is it?
Speaker 4: There's a couple of dip asses who go out at night and hit golf balls into oncoming trafficking it the windows of buildings.
Speaker 2: Then they they.
Speaker 5: Tape it and they post the clips to Instagram.
Speaker 2: Did the police immediately show up and say you're under arrest and you have to pay for the damage you've done, and that's illegal and you've committed these crimes.
Speaker 4: Surprisingly, yes, they're not hiding their faces. They've got over followers peared to be doing this nightly across LA, joking in the comments about never getting caught.
Speaker 5: Wow, all right, and they quickly were.
Speaker 2: Caught, speaking of idiots. Seattle Mayor Katie Wilson is being criticized for her tiny homes likened to porta potty drug dens. So one of the many people in blue cities that have decided, you know what we need to do for the homeless, the unhoused drug addicts, is building these tiny homes so they have some place to live. These things are tiny. They are about the size of a big porta potty. She had promised of a jail cell. She had promised a thousand of them in time for the World Cup. Since they're moving the draw it at drug addicts out of the way. I don't know why you have to put up with it if you're a citizen of the city and you live there all the time. But if TV cameras are going to be there and foreigners are going to spend money watching soccer, then they move the drug addicts out of the way. I don't quite sure.
Speaker 4: That citizens, no f you Romanian soccer fans will do anything for you.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to build a thousand, and they got fifty so far. You're supposed to build a thousand before the soccer match started, they got fifty. There's seventy square feet, which isn't very many, and equipped with just a single bed and a desk. I thought a desk. I suppose it so well, so you can fill out your resumes, applying for your jobs and all the stuff, you know, so they can go out because all they need is just a little help to get back on their feet. Write your memoir on the desk, right, your memoir. And the first thought you might think is there was a toilet in there, though there's not a toilet in there. They're sharing toilets and other facilities, showers and that sort of stuff. So it's just a bed and a desk. In this tiny little place and homeless advocates. I think it's just awful that we're giving the taxpayers are giving them these tiny little places. People on the other side of it are saying, what a waste of money. They're just gonna pee and poop in them and do drugs in them, and they're gonna get destroyed and nothing will get accomplished, which is true, by the way, because they're drug addicts, they're irresponsible.
Speaker 5: It kind of goes with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So anyway, we'll see how that turns out. Yet another experiment and dumb blue ideas. I wanted to get this on. I thought it was really good. I came across it online yesterday. Robbie Suave didn't We used to have him on regularly. I feel like we used to talk to him from Reason magazine. He said, I'll read what he said before I get to what Ezra Cline wrote. Robbie Sabe said, I have never once in my life encountered someone expressing this sentiment, either I live in a bubble or as Recline does. And I thought, well, I guess we all do. And it's really interesting. None of us know the extent to which we are bubbled. But we're all bubbled a little bait. I try really hard not to be because of this job. If I didn't have this job, I probably wouldn't try near as hard. But but no, I think that the time Hownard argue, it still stands. Conservatives cannot help, but it's hardering. The arguments of progressives thought harder growing up.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only way you could do it is if like you didn't watch TV, go to movies, listen to music.
Speaker 5: Go to concerts, newspapers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, taking any media, go to concerts, anything. Ezra Kline wrote, he's the Opinion college and opinion columnists for the New York Times. Over the past few years, I've been asked one question more than any other. It comes up at speeches, at dinners and conversation. It's the most popular query. When I opened my podcast to suggestions time and again, and I thought, Okay, I'm interested in this. No matter what he's doing, this is the most popular question. It comes in two forms. The first, should I have kids given the climate crisis they will face? Oh? My lord? And the second should I have kids knowing they will contribute to the climate crisis the world faces? Holy?
Speaker 6: Yes? I know.
Speaker 2: I know, so if Ezra Klent is being on honest, that the one I don't question more than any other speeches Dinners his podcast and Robbie Swabe. He says, like me, I have never once in my life encountered somewhat expressing this sentiment. So I mean, that's quite quite a difference. Yes, I have never heard that in my life either ever, And as recline, it's the number one question no matter what he does. Wow, And again I don't actually know. He might be telling the truth, which means he runs in very different circles than the rest of us.
Speaker 4: It's like you're describing, you know, some native culture with plates in their lips and then no motor cars or whatever, and talking about how they drink ox blood for their religious rituals. I mean, it so foreign, it's crazy. I saw there was an advice column in the New York Times I hang. I hung on to it for a while, but never brought it up on the show where this person says, I'm really feeling guilty about some of the things I do. Is it more environmentally irresponsible irresponsible of me to use an AI chat bot or to eat red meat? They broke it down, and I'm like, shut up and give me a hamburger. I'm talking to Claude.
Speaker 2: If you weren't an atheist, which you probably are, you should get down on your knees and thank God that your life is so pleasant and easy that you can worry about whether or not you should eat red meat or use a chatbot, because your life must be pretty great. Should get down to that concern. Yeah, good God on the whole. The number one question everywhere I go, no matter what I do, over many years, Ezra Clin says, your answer, I hope your answer is you're a moron.
Speaker 5: Man up your.
Speaker 2: Baby, even the women man up. Should I have kids? Given the climate crisis they will face? Oh?
Speaker 5: For God?
Speaker 2: If Ezra is not, is that a real question, then you're doing it wrong. Should I have kids knowing they'll contribute to the climate crisis? What in the hell.
Speaker 4: There is such a quas eye religious thing going on there? Yeah, articles of faith, sacred doctrines. You dare not question it, lest do you be labeled.
Speaker 5: In an apostate. It's just an infidel.
Speaker 2: How much time? How much time you got here, Michael three minutes We played it earlier talking about it, Trump just answered some questions about the whole war in Iran and specifically the last forty eight hours where Iran shot down one of our Apache helicopters, and Trump, to my mind, very tepily replied verbally and tepidly replied militarily. Although it may be, according to David Ignatius of The Washington Post, a shaping operation. It's when you take out various things before you do the big hit. I hope that's what it is. But anyway, the story that we now know that the rocket, the drone lodged into the helicopter and didn't explode right, and they landed the helicopter in the water and got out of the helicopter, the whole time thinking this is going to explode any second, We're gonna be dead.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 4: They had already pably come to terms with their own debts and survived miraculously.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd make you religious. I get so tired of saying this, But I guess we'll have to give it a day or two to see if the the repercussions are appropriate. There is there is reporting that Hegzeth had to convince Trump, hey, we got to respond to this. Wow. This Trump didn't want to Hey.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: So there have been a lot of graduation speeches over the last couple of weeks, and we've played some good ones, some great ones, and some horrible ones. But there's a good one we got coming up. I can't wait to play that I really liked, and I'm going to think about a lot in my life from a tennis player, maybe the greatest tennis player of all time, Roger Federer, but he spoke at a graduation yesterday and his little spiel was really really good.
Speaker 5: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: So we'll play a little left for you. Hopefully it'll be inspiring and like something you can take from this show that is not, you know, misery and depression. What's the advice, Get to the net as fast as you can be born tall and strong and handsome and handsome. Then apply it to tennis, and if you're not, try harder. I was playing pickleball the other day. We actually read the rules. We actually read the rules, and we're trying to play it by the rules. Yeah, that's that's quite the game.
Speaker 5: It's incredibly popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. I don't quite get it myself, but we prefer tennis anyway. Feature own.
Speaker 5: Look at you.
Speaker 4: You're purest that's why you're wearing your whites today. And your head band doesn't look good.
Speaker 2: Can't wear a visor when you're blonde or bald, not blonde bald doesn't do you any good. Roger Federer with some advice for life coming up. It's really good basketball game the other night was the most expensive NBA game for a ticket in history, the fourth most expensive sporting event of all time in terms of tickets. Who went to the game pays that kind of money. Got kind of a funny thing on that. I see that nutjob Nancy Mace one and are lost in South Carolina and is probably done with their political career.
Speaker 5: Yeah she was a distant third or fourth or something like that. Yeah what a kook. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I had one other thing I was gonna mention, but I'm sure it'll pop it into my head. Came across this yesterday, one of the many graduation speeches making the round. Some of them are insufferably dreamy liberal crap that people say up there.
Speaker 5: Or like gripped from today's headlines.
Speaker 2: Politically, oh right, right, just like the politics of the day. Anyway, this is Roger Federer. I don't know if I ever watched a single point of him playing tennis. I used to love watching tennis back in the day. But Roger Feeder maybe the greatest tennis player of all time. Speaking to some group at a graduation, I thought this was really good.
Speaker 5: Perfection is impossible.
Speaker 7: In the one thousand and five and twenty six singles matches I played in my career, I won almost eighty percent of those matches. Now I have a question for you. What percentage of points do you think I wanted those matches? Only fifty four percent? In other words, even top ranked tennis players when barely more than half of the points they play. When you lose every second point on average, you learn not to dwell on every shot. You teach yourself to think, Okay, I double faulted, it's only a point. Okay, I came to the net, then I got past again.
Speaker 5: It's only a point.
Speaker 7: Even a great shot, an overhead back and smash that ends up on ESPN's top ten playlist, that too, is just a point. So here's why I'm telling you this. When you're playing at point, it has to be the most important thing in the world that it is, but when it's behind you, it's behind you. This mindset is really crucial because it frees you to fully commit to the next point at the next point after that, with intensity, clarity, and focus.
Speaker 2: I really like that. And I'm something I've been terrible at my whole life, and I hope I can get better at in the last quarter of my life, assuming I don't get run over by a bus or murdered. That happened you anything to learn from that? Maybe? Yes? No, whatever, Okay, let's move on to the next thing. The end of that thing is over. That thing happened. Oh, I'm done with it. I thought you meant on the show we're going to move on to the next thing. I was like, no, I want to talk about this. No, no, no, no, the event that I'm just whatever happened in my life, big or small, or like he said, and if it went really really well, anything need to learn from that? I remember? Okay, now let's go forward. It's over. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They call it having the memory of a goldfish in golf. Uh don't don't. Don't dwell on your past failures. They don't help you learn from them quickly and then move along.
Speaker 2: Can you can I apply it to life? Though? God, what's amazing. How much of the of what we do is our brain was wired that way in the womb and we have marginal control over and how much of it is a personality tendency that we developed for And nobody knows actually on all these things. But god, dang it. The the dwelling on something bad that happened is pointless once you've you know, squeezed any knowledge you can out of it. But that happens pretty quickly, true enough, Yeah, yeah, yeah, fair enough. I was just thinking about to what extent is that metaphor useful for life?
Speaker 5: And it is?
Speaker 4: It definitely is. I mean, if you like, spend your entire life savings on three magic beans, well that's that's more than a point Roger.
Speaker 5: That's the match, that's your career.
Speaker 4: But in general, yeah, I mean, the future happens while you're doing about the past.
Speaker 5: That's good. That ought to be on a poster or a T shirt or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if I agree with you. Even if you spent your life savings on three magic beans. There is one Well that was really stupid, stupidest thing I ever did, But there's no point in dwelling on it anymore. There's just no point.
Speaker 4: Note to self, don't buy magic beans and then move on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Maybe put a post it note on your mirror say no to magic beans salesman next time. But yeah, move on with your life. Yeah, even a bit bankrupted you.
Speaker 4: I'm reminded of the dozens hundreds of game winning shots Michael Jordan missed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he.
Speaker 4: Kept shooting, because that's what life is, you keep shooting. Yeah, speaking of basketball, this is not a basketball. This is about who spends all that money to go to the most expensive sport.
Speaker 2: There's a game that's ever happened. I thought this was kind of funny. It's a map of Madison Square Garden. You got celebrities, that's obvious, finance tech bros obvious by the way it has you outside of the arena, that's most of us, right, we didn't spend the money or go celebrities, finance tech bros, your boss's boss's boss, and then real fans who are terrible with money. And I would say that that is probably a good description about everybody in the arena, if.
Speaker 4: You could put Well, let me just preface it by saying this. I have been hardcore sports fan at times in my life.
Speaker 5: I'm not now.
Speaker 4: I just enjoy it as entertainment. I don't take it seriously. If my team loses, I think and I go do something else. But I've betten the other guy. Why do you think that is because I'm the same way. You think it's low t Yeah, it's complete lack of testosterone.
Speaker 2: I have none.
Speaker 4: As I've mentioned on the show more than once, I believe I am totally testosterone free. I think part of it is having moved a bunch of times and gone places where I can't really follow my favorite team practically anymore, so I pay attention to a different one and all. But you know, I grew up being an absolutely hardcore Cubs fan, for instance, in Chicagoland. Loved the Cubbies, lived and died with them when they'd lose a playoff series.
Speaker 5: When they finally got into the playoffs, I was just devastated.
Speaker 2: So if I'd stayed in that environment and was still a hardcore Cubs fan. The cachet I get from saying yeah I was behind the plate in Game seven, people.
Speaker 5: Were like, wow, dude, what Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was there.
Speaker 4: When you know hood at Carrie Woods through his fifteenth strikeout or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. See that that sort of pride, whether it's justified or healthy or makes it any sense or not once, yeah, exactly, the discussion for another day. I could see that, over the course of a lifetime in that culture being worth a lot of money.
Speaker 4: I'm the king of the hardcore fans. Everybody knows it. I was at Game seven. Yeah I don't know, Yeah, I get it. I'll bet there is a lot of that though. Oh yeah, people who were oh yeah, yeah, that too. But New York sports fans who are please they're a different level and a perennial loser like the Knicks, and they finally break through. Oh yeah, they probably get their ticket, the replica their ticket tattooed on their chest, have it blown up. It's on the wall of the man cave in the garage, and they said they'll they'll bring it up at the local deli.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, give me up, Astrami on ry And I was at the Knicks game, you know, right right? So game did I go to recently? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, So my financial investor got me his ridiculous suite tickets for the local NBA team where I live. I will not be specific, even though you can figure it out. It's Jeffrey Epstein as his financialist and hide the shame of the team. I wasn't exactly rooting for them, but anyway, I took my kids to the NBA game and we got to sit in this suite, which was really awesome. I mean, and we sat in the row in front of the suite where you have these big recliners, I mean big giant leather recliners feet up and oh, you have your waitress bringing his stuff and so like.
Speaker 5: It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: But not only that, because I was thinking about this with Timothy Shalamay and all the stars are of the game. There's a different entrance on the ticket. I didn't go in the normal way. I went through some door that's like on the side street that you wouldn't even know as an entrance to the arena.
Speaker 5: Enter with the poor people walk. Can you show up and.
Speaker 2: Now you look at a camera and you hold up your special ticket and they open the door and you take a special tunnel thing.
Speaker 5: You go to your seat with a come on in brother foot rub.
Speaker 2: Before you you go, you go through an empty hallway to like a mostly empty elevator and go up to your thing. You don't have to fight through the ground. I had our own bathroom that was always completely empty and clean. Manicure while you're riding up in the elevator, sir right, I thought, that's quite the that's quite the deal. You hold her rub perhaps a trim while you're sitting in your easy chair. Does your hair need a trim? Anything for you, your highness.
Speaker 4: I go in with the poor people and drink the poor people's beer, and it's good time.
Speaker 5: I'm down to earth like that.
Speaker 2: I have had more. This is memorable in its own way. Obviously, the special entrance in the elevator, in your own bathroom memorable in its own way. But I have had. My best sports memories have been the not the best seat with the riff raff, me me being part of the riff raff, you know, standing at the trough, waiting in line, half drunk. You know, those are great sports memories.
Speaker 5: I hate troughs.
Speaker 2: That's funny. We're at a burger. I don't mind the trough. I feel like I'm home. This is my people. The meantime, I'm urinating in a trough. I think I am home. This is me, this is my life. I love this. But we are at a burger place yesterday that has a trough, and my son wanted to hold it because they didn't have to use the trough. About how did things change in so many generations?
Speaker 4: So I have a number of questions in your primitive trough society. Do you use money or do you trade beads and trinkets and seashells.
Speaker 2: I know I'm at a bar. I like if it's got a trough in the bathroom. Oh, good lord, that's the way to go. I used to work at a country bar at a giant trough because it's a place. Put three hundred people in there on a busy Friday and Saturday night, so you needed a really long trough. There'd be twenty guys around them.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Speaking of vexing questions, a couple of really interesting property rights cases for you. I want to get your opinion check because I know your big property rights guy, including the infamous dog walking feud in Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: I don't know this one. Oh it'll tear, it'll tear families apart. I don't know vexing that and other stuff on the ways. Figure, Oh my god, I have got a good final thought. I got a good final thought that tells you everything you need to know.
Speaker 5: So staying wow, Wow, that's a tease.
Speaker 4: A couple of property rights stories in a way, both of them interesting. Wyoming. And I did not know this is undergoing an enormous boom in these giant data centers, these monstrous computer facilities. For instance, they're building this one near Cheyenne, uh that they they have so many workers needed to build it. They're erecting a temporary workforce housing complex for as many as fifty six hundred laborers and trades people. The complex would be larger than eighty four of Wyoming's incorporated cities and towns, according to state data, would instantly become one of the biggest towns in Wyoming. And here's these folks who bought this beautiful high deserty spread of land with nothing but nature in every direction.
Speaker 2: And they're gonna be staring at that data center now that's right out their back door. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'll be driving.
Speaker 2: I'd drive through shy In a couple of times a year headed to Kansas, so I'll have to I'll check that out next time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, for two hundred bucks and just take the loss.
Speaker 2: Oh, you'd be so unhappy. Yeah, he used to watch the sunset that direction over the plains now to the Giant Data center.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just sad. Here's the one that's kind of controversial. It's pretty interesting. So you got these two people in Shorewood, Wisconsin, and it's right on the banks of Lake Michigan. I'm sure it's very, very beautiful. And this guy Floorsheim. He's a retired I think academic or something like that.
Speaker 5: He walks his dogs every day along the shore.
Speaker 4: And one of the neighbors has he bought the place, I think a couple of years ago. But he walks his dog past the Lake Michigan property of Dennis Daniel Domagala, known locally for the time he spends in a tiki style boat house in deck that doubles as a surveillance post. From there, Domagala monitors traffic and sets off alarms to scare walkers, swimmers and kayakers away.
Speaker 5: He has signs that read private property.
Speaker 4: Beyond the sign, only water access beyond this point, and he keeps calling the cops over and over again about his neighbor who walks his dog by on the beach.
Speaker 2: Sounds like he's really enjoying his life.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, he seems like a miserable son of a bitch. In his defense, there is a public beach like very close and so as he says, look, my backyard, my property is this sand, and I got members of the public just camping out in my backyard. Wisconsin law says free passage in the water. You can boat, you can kayak, you can do anything you want, go back and forth across the water, or even what walk through the water. But if you come a foot beyond the water's edge wherever it happens to be tidally, at that point, you're on this guy's property.
Speaker 2: So it's different in California. Must be then, right, because we've had this story many times, like in La Area where super rich celebrities sometimes have put out signs saying private beach. But you can't really do that. The beach is not private.
Speaker 4: Likewise, Hawaii is our recall, But yeah, it varies state to state. But this is happening all over the country. They mentioned Florida, Rhode Island, a couple other ones. It's an interesting legal question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so much of it would be about degree a guy quietly walking his dog through once a day, who cares people camping there, and like having a party would be a different thing, right, But I have known people like this. There's a guy I knew, a guy who sat outside his house, a retired guy. Neighborhood that I lived in years ago. Gladys, do you still work here? Years ago? I knew this.
Speaker 5: She's tuning up her harp.
Speaker 4: It goes out of tune quickly this time of year.
Speaker 5: It's so hot.
Speaker 2: In human she uses real catgut strings, so it sounds so good. I knew this guy lived on the corner of this nice, quiet neighborhood I lived in. He was retired. He'd sit on his porch and man, he just was vigilant about making sure nobody let their dog when they're going around that corner pee on his lawn. Hey, just all right, you know, I understand why you don't want that, but that is not how I want to spend my life. Yeah, it just seemed like he seemed miserable trying to stay on watch for that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Wow, now that's even better than Roger Fetter or speech that we just featured all right. Granted, the dog's pee is bad for you, lawn, it can cause you know long to look bad. On the other hand, vigilance against it. I decided a long time ago playing golf, there are guys who cheat, and I don't get it.
Speaker 5: I'm talking to you, what.
Speaker 2: Do you want my ten dollars that much or however much money? Or or does your ego think, wow, I'm a really good golfer even though you cheat? Or is it that you just can't accept that you've got a really bad break anyway, quit cheating. But I decided, want to know what kind of cheating is it?
Speaker 5: Usually what's most improving your lie?
Speaker 4: Oh, bumping the ball, so it's sitting up because you got a crappy liar, you're right behind a tree and yank you not get a little bit. I decided a long time ago I was not going to waste my life constantly vigilant against guys cheating.
Speaker 5: Figure cheat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna enjoy myself great, definitely a better life. Now.
Speaker 4: If a dog peede on me while I was playing golf, I would have a problem with that.
Speaker 2: You's final, so beautiful harmonies comments closure for the show I'm not sure I've ever paid attention to the lyrics. Give us closure, that's what we do. He delighted. There's your old for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 4: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up today. Michael Angelo in the control room will lead us as always.
Speaker 5: Michael final thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been gotten very good at messing up and just forgetting about it. I've become very comfortable with being mediocre.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, I will I will debtail off that final thought. I've said this several times. The key to being an idiot is not wishing you're not an idiot. It's crafting your life to minimize the impact of your idiocy.
Speaker 2: That's been my motto for a long time. Jack final thought, My final thought that explains everything. Here's a poll. So they're talking on Fox about, uh, what it costs to watch this game or that game or whatever, and you have to have Netflix to watch this in Amazon, and then this football game is there Fox poll? Most major sporting events should be legally required to be free on TV, saying a majority of people, all right, that makes you a moron. It's unworkable, and that's why democracy will faire correct arm Strong and Getdy raight bick of another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 4: So many people who thinks so little time go to Armstrong getdy dot com. We have some hot legs for you. Pick up the Enforced the Law t shirt, drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong giddy dot com.
Speaker 2: We will see you tomorrow and there'll probably be lots of news. God bless America.
Speaker 6: We have a podcast of all times.
Speaker 2: We'll drop it on song Joe.
Speaker 6: Getting They got the news, They got the news of that I get ready on the song Okay, lots of that.
Speaker 2: Song, Okay, lots
Speaker 5: Of Armstrong and Getty