Speaker 1: Well, I think we officially did it. Welcome to the Second Date Podcast with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Yes, we are officially ranked on Spotify number thirty third. Wait is that how you say?
Speaker 2: No, that's not it.
Speaker 3: You lost us a spot bro Also, this is not a brag.
Speaker 1: We're the thirty third best comedy podcast and we love that you love this and we just want to let you know if you want more of it. Okay, we've got like a full show, one hour, brand new every day, forty five more minutes of this dumb humor. You could have it. All you got to do is search Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Many other bits, stuff a little more.
Speaker 1: All right, now, let's get it to your favorite, the Second Day podcast.
Speaker 3: Second Date, Up Date. Do pickup lines work anymore?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Pies are supposed to be silly and dumb, not taken seriously. I know they had a good run in the late eighties for sure. Yeah, Like, don't worry were you born in the late eighties?
Speaker 4: Es?
Speaker 3: Thank you very much people trying to pick you up. I know the line that led to me, oh god, oh god. You know the line your dad's yeah, girl, are you a boom box because I want to turn you on and take you everywhere. And then I came yeah, wow, well you're the only one that kid. This is awful.
Speaker 1: Jeffy, why are we doing that batteries for your boom box show. I think a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people think pickup lines aren't like really serious, they're kind of dead. But one of our listeners may have just revived them, okay, because he says he tried one and it actually worked. His name is David. David, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: You did not use the same line that Jeffrey's dad did.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't use that one.
Speaker 3: Okay. We got to hear what was the pickup line? So what's her name?
Speaker 2: Her name is Jennifer.
Speaker 5: Okay, so to pick line, it went like this, Hey, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I think another account is using your photos.
Speaker 3: That would get some attention. You're not like hitting on.
Speaker 2: Her exactly, be freaked out.
Speaker 1: Send me the link.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what she said, Send me the link. Who is it? That's when I say it's at NASA. Because you're an absolute rocket. I felt like you.
Speaker 3: Were gonna send her a picture of a supermodel. Tell you this is way more clever.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're rocket you out of this world.
Speaker 3: What was her reaction?
Speaker 2: She went for it. Okay, she said that he never falls to pickup line. That's something about me, and this one just seemed to work this day.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so she was drinking. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: I think it's innocent, it's fun, complimentary.
Speaker 3: Were you able to parlay the pickup line into an actual in person date.
Speaker 2: I absolutely did. I arranged the meet.
Speaker 3: Up right away any time NASA tour. What did you guys do?
Speaker 2: Okay, this it may seem a little weird. I took her to a gender reveal.
Speaker 1: A gender reveal?
Speaker 3: Who's gender reveal? Please don't tell me yours or a random persons.
Speaker 2: It was my cousin. It was my cousin.
Speaker 3: How did that? How did did you? Did you run it by her beforehand?
Speaker 2: Well? I told her while we was on all way.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, Oh okay.
Speaker 3: That is a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was she cool with it.
Speaker 2: I mean she seemed like he was cool with it because I was only supposed to pop in, so she didn't come in there initially with me. But I saw how live the party was and I was like, well, I could catch on her family, so I just waved her in. I told her that he ain't come in.
Speaker 1: Come on, like, so you said wait in the car, I'll be back in five minutes, and then decided to just waver in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, my family looked like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean, I bet it is.
Speaker 1: It's just a lot for anybody, right, how did it go?
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the kicker. She actually cut the cake for the revealed what.
Speaker 1: Was not by choice?
Speaker 4: Ers, Like, everybody's chanting her name, making her dude, it's.
Speaker 1: Hungry, and she didn't realize she was cutting the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 2: Hey, it just happened. And my cousin he thought it was the funniest thing ever because he thought it was just a great idea to have a random woman that nobody in the family knew. What this is?
Speaker 1: It like the first time ever I actually want to be at a gender reveal party.
Speaker 3: What happened? Do we know? Girl or boy?
Speaker 2: Oh? It was a boy.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to your cousin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but is that the date? Did you guys do the other thing that you had planned? Ever?
Speaker 2: Well, seeing that kind of turned into the date because we ended up staying for hours. I mean, my family had food open bar, the DJ was bumping.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, was there like an even like romantic vibe. That's the one thing that seems difficult to achieve when you're at a gender review.
Speaker 1: Okay, with you, if you just want to be friends.
Speaker 3: Are you grinding up up in your cousin's backyard right now?
Speaker 2: Now that's now. See you got a point that that's where things kind of start getting hazy because we actually didn't speak much, so I was so involved with my family.
Speaker 1: Oh no, does that feel like a regret, like you did something wrong there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably should have spent more time with her. But she seemed like he was having a good time because she was talking to all my female cousins, like all the ladies at the party. She was like a hit with them.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, well that's a good sign.
Speaker 2: It was a great tign. But only if they didn't start running their mouth and telling her about my last way ships and scare hand off. That's the only thing I was concerned about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say, of course they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's why.
Speaker 1: I mean, you had to bring her home, right because you brought her to the party.
Speaker 3: Was there any romance then?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 2: Man, it wasn't really no sparks at that point because I just drove her and I didn't get out or watch. She just kind of said thanks and just jumped out and the car wasn't moving.
Speaker 3: Okay to declare, all right, how long has it been since that gender revealed date?
Speaker 2: Man, that was probably like a week ago.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, I'm guessing you haven't heard from her, and neither have your female cousins.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know. I'm too afraid to ask my female cousin.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I guess we're gonna have to step up and do what your family didn't, right, We'll hook you up. Yeah, we're gonna wing man for you, try and get you a second date update right after this.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you guys, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Second date update. Most people wouldn't call gender reveal parties romantic. No, neither would our listener David. But yet somehow that's where he ended up taking his date Jennifer. Yeah, and then they didn't really talk much. She did cut the cake and reveal that it was a boy the show, So that's cool. They'll always have that moment.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's kind of wild to be a woman who's cut a gender reveal cake and never actually had baby yourself.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, that was a week ago and we're trying to get another date for David and Jennifer Brook. What do you think is a salvageable or unsalvagable.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the positives. Is you sound like a really fun, really kind dude, and your family sounds awesome. So those are all positives. The negatives is maybe the shock of it all is probably finally setting in. Like I would be so shocked at where I was, what I was doing. I feel like it would take me a couple of days to even process.
Speaker 2: I mean, it makes sense, but it's all about being spontaneous. And I mean, like I said, it was a good vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drink like a big party, like big barbecue on Maybe too good of gossip about you.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of worse first dates a per a half.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's true, that's true. Don't take her criticism like that either. Dude, Brook is just jealous because her family didn't throw her a gender revealed party.
Speaker 1: Want a gender sure, now you.
Speaker 3: Say that, but if they had thrown one, you would have been really happy, and we've been too confusing, like wait, who's the cousin or the father? But we need to call Jennifer here. I'm thinking date number two with the brists. She holds the scissors.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize what that was for a second.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll just start with a date idea and see if she's open to it.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Yeah, man, call it. I need to know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk with Jennifer.
Speaker 4: This is Jennifer.
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 3: Hey, Jennifer, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: We're doing a segment here Jennifer called a second Date update, and that's where we try and help out listeners who've been out with somebody that they really liked and they want to see them again, but they're having difficulty arranging that second meet up.
Speaker 1: And I gotta say, your chill reaction to us being on the phone maybe Yeah, she's with punches.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that true? Jennifer? Are you someone who likes to roll with it go with the flow?
Speaker 4: For sure? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: And this actually changes a lot.
Speaker 3: This makes sense because we heard about your date with a guy named David recently. There was a lot of going, a lot flow, it sounds flowed right into his gender reveal party with his cousin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, David got in touch with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, it's it's a good thing. It means that he enjoyed the time you guys spent together.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, to be fair, he did say that he regrets not spending more time with you because he got so wrapped up in the family at the party.
Speaker 4: Oh no, he told you about the gender of your party, of course. Yeah, David's David's a good guy.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Well, if he's such a good guy, then why not hang out with him one more time? Because he's been trying to arrange a meet up. I'm relieved to hear that. I mean, you've already met all of his family.
Speaker 4: Yes, I got to meet all his family, and that Darren lies the problem. What, Oh my gosh, that's gonna sound so bad. He really wanted to take this to the air.
Speaker 3: Well, he's he didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 1: Well, he was worried about what his female cousins may have said.
Speaker 4: Oh, they were a trip. Now his family is awesome. I hope they keep having baby.
Speaker 3: Seriously, that's sweet, weird. I wish a baby on you.
Speaker 1: It's like, if you have a good family, you want the good family to keep you get pregnant.
Speaker 3: Okay, you love his family, They're all wonderful. What's the problem with David? Why aren't you talking?
Speaker 4: There is no, it's not a problem with David. I just I got to meet all of his cousins, and I kind of have a crush on his cousin D.
Speaker 3: His cousin.
Speaker 4: Do you like his cousin one of his cousin D his cousin. He was at the party. He was the one having the baby.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, what the baby dad?
Speaker 1: Is the baby's dad single?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a baby daddy. He's not he's not married, and his and the mother isn't with him.
Speaker 3: She wasn't she picked up another woman at his own baby's gender reveal, like.
Speaker 1: And there is no pregnant mom there.
Speaker 3: Yes, this all makes sense and it's it's a dude. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I mean so cute though that d is celebrating that way.
Speaker 4: I do think that.
Speaker 3: That's really sweet that.
Speaker 2: His family was fun.
Speaker 4: Will you take care of the baby I mean when I said when I said, it happened fast on a first day to be cutting a cake for someone else's baby.
Speaker 1: And now you're into somebody who has a baby coming and not like I see like the like I'm the one who's got to discover that we're having a boy.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, you're crazy for me.
Speaker 1: We are Wait, I understand that you have a crush on d Did de you reciprocate this crush at the party.
Speaker 4: So we've been texting like, oh man.
Speaker 1: This is going to be a family mess. What were you going to do? Just show up at the next family event with d instead?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wish he didn't. We could look through it. I didn't think we'd be telling the whole city about it today, Okay.
Speaker 3: Didn't expect a phone call from us. Yeah, I definitely don't know if David knows any of this. Probably not. So the thing is Jennifer right now. Yeah, it's a good point the way the segment works. Jennifer is David is listening on the other line right now?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, oh yeah, God, I'm really at a loss of words. It's damn Jennifer, like for real, Like I can respect the game that you know, she feeling somebody else, But this chick is bogus.
Speaker 4: I need to belaime your cousin more than her, he's more loyalty.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it's not that I don't blame my cousin. You know, he's not the most reputable person in the world anyway.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on a minute there.
Speaker 2: You're not the first one to send me pictures of the moon treeing.
Speaker 4: Hey, you're out of this world. You're not the first fun Oh you don't think I'm going to know met him. He's got a better job than you.
Speaker 3: Here what benefits like?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, true unemployed.
Speaker 4: I want to say that I didn't really mean that, David, because I think you are. I think you're great. But Cole, I'm like, you know this, like sometimes chemistry just happens, you know, you know what.
Speaker 2: But that's not what I'm mad at. What I'm upset it is you could have came and told me.
Speaker 4: That after the baby was born at Leeds. You know, I don't want to get that bad energy in the family before the delivery to tell.
Speaker 3: Him on the right home at least that you met his cousin or something.
Speaker 4: Well, we were drinking. I mean we were drinking. Actually, your cousin asked to take me home and I was like, no, no, no, no, Wow that light.
Speaker 3: That's kind of nice.
Speaker 2: You know what, Jennifer, You're right, you do deserve to be a step mom. You definitely.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, David, how about this? How about I help you land the girl, and then next year, when I have a gender of you for our baby, you can invite her.
Speaker 3: To be your cousin in law.
Speaker 1: She be allowed to cut the cake and everything.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, as long as she looks better than you bring on Okay, so you're open.
Speaker 4: To it.
Speaker 2: And you know what, that won't be too hard to do, Jennifer, So you.
Speaker 3: Do that, will What happened to the pickup line when she was a NASA rocket?
Speaker 2: That's all right, it's other rockets that go to the.
Speaker 3: Mole start, you know. Okay, Well, this has definitely been one of the weirdest second day calls that we've ever done. Confused, you let the.
Speaker 4: Other cousin know that he's gonna have another baby.
Speaker 3: Soon again, Jennifer, I'm sorry. Normally we would, but I can't even offer to send you out on another date with David, because your mom Mom now already moved on to his cousin. Okay, so I don't even really know what to do with this gift card for dinner.
Speaker 4: Okay, David, why don't you take it and we can help you find a good girl on the internet or something, just how you found me.
Speaker 2: You know what, I will take the gift card because now I could spend money on somebody, because I didn't spend money on Jennifer.
Speaker 1: So it's all it's still not your money money smart business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, is the lesson. Don't bring women around your family.
Speaker 2: You don't know. No, no, no, I'm gonna bring whoever around my family. You just gotta have enough class and not hit on my family.
Speaker 1: Worried about the female cousins.
Speaker 3: Nothing else.
Speaker 1: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Man. I know, I said that was one of the weirdest second dates ever, but I can't remember one where a guy gets as badly crushed as David did there, I know, but like he wasn't crushed though, but that's the thing, he was stomped though. She was like, I found somebody else in your family. He's got a better job than you. He's currently doing to have a baby with another woman. I still pick him over you.
Speaker 1: D He was crushed, he was demolished, like that was terrible.
Speaker 3: Mean, Why he is smiling through the whole thing, like yeah, sure, okay, fine, Yeah, He's like, did you all say free gift card? So now I think this makes them step cousins. We're not that, which is crazy. I'm just saying it is pretty impressive in one phone call to go from prospective love interest to step cousin. We get a lot done in a short amount of time. I know you usually go backwards. Yeah, it's weird to switch it up for this, but we can always help you switch up your dating life. You can email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning