Speaker 1: No one has all the answers, but when we ask the right questions, we get a little closer, closer to truths, closer to each other, even closer to ourselves. I'm journalist Danielle Robe and each week, my guests and i'd come together to challenge the status quo and our own ways of thinking by daring to ask what if, why not? And who says?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Come curious, dig deep, and join the conversation. It's time to question everything. Okay, I have a confession. I did something wild this weekend. I called my ex boyfriend. I haven't spoken to him in like six years. I've ignored all of his messages that he sent me, and there haven't been that many. But I just wasn't ready to talk to him, and I called him and I don't know if you care to even hear this, but I wanted to say thank you, and I haven't been able to say thank you because our relationship was like, I don't know, I didn't say this to him, but it was, like I think, in hindsight, pretty toxic and had some like insane things that happen. I've shared pieces or story like small stories of it on the podcast over the years and one day I'll dive in more fully or more deeply. Maybe it's for a book. I don't know. We'll see. It is a saga, though, and I went through all of the phases of grief. I was in shock and denial and then anger, and then bargaining and depression and acceptance when we broke up, and then I was over it, like fully over it. Never even thought about him, but every so often memories would pop into my mind, less about him and more about me, and I'd feel like this pang of anger towards myself for the way that I handled something, or like what I allowed or how I acted. And then sometimes I would be more gentle and I would think of my twenty five, twenty six year old self and hold her with more grace and acceptance. But anyways, I called him and I said thank you. And it took me a long time to find peace and meaning and understanding and everything that happened in our relationship and beyond. But I'm finally at a point where I can see so many good things that came from it, and to be honest, somewhere from him. But a lot of it was just the pain that it caused like forced me into growth. Either way, I wanted to thank him, and the experience calling him had me thinking about this episode with Tefi Psoa, because we often frame heartbreak as losing another person, but Tefi shared that the hardest part, in many ways, was losing the version of herself that existed before that person hurt her. It's like that version of you that trusted a little faster, that got excited a little easier, that believed what people said, that walked into love without looking for an exit. You know, Cheryl strad who is such a great writer, once said, you don't have a new heart after heartbreak. You have the same heart that's learned something. But when I was talking to Tefie, I was thinking, what if we learn the wrong lesson? Like what if heartbreak doesn't make us wiser? What if it makes us smaller or more guarded or less hopeful, less ourselves. I don't know. I think it's a journey. And that's the conversation you're about to hear. We are revisiting our conversation with Tefi Psoa. Millions of people know her as the Internet's best friend, the person who somehow finds the words for feelings that so many of us struggle to explain and say. Since we first recorded this conversation, she's become the host of Love Island USA Aftersun, which, unfortunately, Love Island has me in a choke hold. If you're watching, here's a hot take. Zach is my least favorite man in the villa and if you agree or disagree with me, feel free to DM me we can have a discussion about it. But back to Tppie, she has continued to build one of the most thoughtful communities on the Internet, and one of the things I love most about her is the way that she sees people. When I interviewed her, I thought we were going to talk about breakups and heartbreak, and instead we talked about refusing to let someone else's choices steal your tenderness.
Speaker 2: I told my ex I missed the person that I was. I like who I am, but that girl, I'm never going to know her again because you put me through things that I probably didn't have to learn. I'll never be that little twenty seven year old girl so excited to meet up with you.
Speaker 1: Isn't it so interesting that you're not just mourning another person, You're also mourning the version of your self that they took with them. And the beautiful thing is this conversation doesn't end there, because healing isn't about becoming who you were before. It's about becoming something wiser. It's about protecting the parts of yourself that make you hopeful and generous and open, even after someone gave you every reason not to. So if you've ever wondered whether heartbreak changes you forever, I think you'll come away from this conversation feeling a little less alone. It's time to question everything with Teffi Posoa. Okay, so before we jump into heartbreak, I need to know about your upbringing, who you were as a kid, where you grew up, all the things.
Speaker 2: So I grew up in Miami, small town. Not a lot happening there. It's only happened like once or twice that people were like, oh Miami, Ohio. I'm like, no, no Florida. And I think growing up there really kind of like truly molded me as a person in a way where I don't think people realize because when people ask me about like being Latina, I'm like, you don't understand, Like you come from a place I kind of compare it to like when you see your teachers at the supermarket and you're like, what are you doing here? Get back home to school? You live there, So like for Miami, I was like that was my whole world. So I thought that the percentage of Latin people that was like all over the world. And so when I think about, you know, things I've experienced or like, whether it be anger, pride, disappointment, heartbreak, joy, I've only experienced it around and with Latin people. I just feel like, growing up in Miami, there's a reason there are so many Cuban people. There's a reason there's so many Haitian people. There's a reason there's a lot of Guatemalan people. There's a reason there's a lot of Venezuelan people. So you're around a lot of people who have the courage to start again. And I think that really was something really influential to me too, because the idea of starting over again and getting up again was not foreign to me, you know what I mean. So there's a courage there and there's a sense of I can do it too that I grew up around. That I think definitely influenced me more than I realized as a kid, you know.
Speaker 1: I love that so much. As I was watching your videos and reading your tweets. You are so comfortable with your feelings, and it actually like pushes up against my fears in some way because I come from a family where they're not so comfortable with feelings. It's the exact opposite. And I look at you with simultaneous admiration and fright.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, Like, so is it It's just natural for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it's natural the way that I approach things. I think it's because because I was the oldest and my parents broke up when I was like in second grade, they immediately my mom immediately put me into therapy, and she put us all into therapy. But I think maybe I was the oldest that I like I took to it. When it came to feelings. I realized that, like, my feelings were getting hurt a lot as a kid, and the only way to make me feel better was if I understood what somebody meant by that. And through like years going by, I understood that if I could get them to tell me what they meant in a way where they felt safe with me, that I would be able to navigate things better. And it started really really young for me, like really young, Like I remember being in fifth grade and being like, I know sometimes we get scared, but why did you scream at me during heads up? Steven up?
Speaker 1: So when you're in relationship, do you find yourself excuses for your partner because you're really understanding where they're coming from.
Speaker 2: No, I've had people be like, not everything has to be such a deep dive.
Speaker 1: I'm the same people see me.
Speaker 2: Like everything not everything has to be such a deep dive, And for me, I'm just like, but you don't understand. If I don't understand, then I have to accept that you're an asshole.
Speaker 1: I don't know your why.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, and you have to tell me your why, because if you don't tell me your why, I have to accept that I've wasted a year on an asshole. It's only with age that I realized everybody has a why, but everybody is to me like shit. So that was really fucked up for me to think about. For a while. I was like, why would you come to that truth, Teffy? And I was like, I don't know. I'm really pissing myself off. But a lot of people have. Nobody has a perfect story, right, Like everybody has their issues, Like everybody has something in their lives that molded them, whether they liked it or not. We've all had terrible things. But I don't think I would ever be able to hurt somebody in the way that other people have chosen to hurt me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's a really hard thing to accept.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think also something that young people think, and I wish I could shake it out of them. What do you mean that you'll be the lesson and they'll treat the next person better. It is such a farce. It is such a lie. Yeah, there is one thing in a person that I believe is like a stain. It's like bleach on clothing, and no matter how much time has passed, that will always remain, especially the longer it's left to like fester. If you meet a man in their late twenties early thirties that is selfish. You're looking at a selfish man.
Speaker 1: What age do you think? That's? Because I agree with you, but I think when you're young, young, like eighteen nineteen, people are still growing into themselves. I think if you meet a man at thirty five.
Speaker 2: This is selfish.
Speaker 1: He is who he is.
Speaker 2: That is it? That person is doneloading. I want to say, because of the the brain development from a biological point of view, maybe twenty five. But if I met an agily young, it's really young. But that's when your friendtal lobe stops developing, right, I know, I googled it.
Speaker 1: I had like the breakup that like obliterated my heart, and I've learned through therapy it was really more about like the breakup. It wasn't so much him. It was like it broke It brought up a lot of inner child stuff for me that I hadn't known or worked on. But that breakup, he started dating a person living in my building, which was wild.
Speaker 2: Out of all the fucking people, out of.
Speaker 1: All that I live in like a small building, it was so.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I literally say that. I'm like, there are so many people in the world. I don't know, you couldn't have picked one of them.
Speaker 1: Why in my sixteen person unit did you pick her? It was like a little too coincidental, but whatever. So the point is I said to my therapist, like, she seems like I've seen her in the elevator. She actually seems like young and really nice, Like I hope it changes for her. And my therapist was like, don't count on that. I was like, what do you mean. Maybe it was me, maybe we brought out, you know, bad things in each other. And she was like, she just accepts whatever limitations he had. Her limitations match up with his limitations. It just works for her. But nothing has changed.
Speaker 2: I was like, I always say that. I always say, like, whenever I see somebody with like a younger person or a person less experienced, I'm like, it would take them. Like I always think about people who are with these like older stars, Right, there's a reason they go for these like twenty two year olds. One. They won't say, oh my god, you have a fucking drinking problem. It is nine in the morning, Where the fuck are you drinking? Like, why are you putting whiskey in your fucking coffee? Yeah, A nineteen year old three year old goes, he's so spontaneous, he's so fun.
Speaker 1: And doesn't have enough experience to know that that's not right.
Speaker 2: That's not right. Because if they did it when you said, like, eighteen nineteen year olds are selfish, if I met an eighteen nineteen year old. That wasn't I would be so concerned. There's a time in your life to be so selfish. But I feel like with a partner, there's a difference between being selfish and taking advantage or not suffering consequences. So being selfish, for example, you could have a boyfriend of a year in college, but I hope you go to that study abroad in Barcelona. That's selfish of you. You're not thinking of other people. You're thinking of yourself, and that's important. That's important, you know what I mean. I think there's a part of me that sees a little selfishness in other people, and I recognize it because of it within myself. I just I think as I get older, I'm starting to differentiate the kind of selfishness that I I'm looking for, and the kind of selfishness that I'm looking for is for your own personal development, you know what I mean? And your peace of mind? You know what I mean. Like if I invite you to a party and you're like, no, I got to take care of myself. I have an early class tomorrow and I want to take care of me. Fine, be a stick in the mud. Whatever. I'll see you on Friday. But if it's something where it's like if you're a man and I buy you a dress shirt and then you go on a date wearing it behind my back with somebody like that is a selfishness that like I can't unteach you, and I've had many exes that I've taken back. I'm never somebody to not give somebody a second chance, you know, Like I think that idea of like now he's going to be the person that I've always wanted him to be for somebody else has like plagued me a lot. And it's funny because they may have sworn up and down that they are different, and I might see some real differences. Maybe this person doesn't party anymore. Maybe this person doesn't drink anymore. Maybe this person you know, has proven to me time and time again they deleted their dating apps, whatever the fuck it is, you know. But there are certain ways that like selfishness creeps up in ways that you could never erase, like coming home with food and not asking you what you wanted. Oh, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It looks like a bomb.
Speaker 2: It's abominable, Yeah it is, yeah, Or like I talked about it on TikTok, like ordering food for everybody, like for you and him, and then like them not cleaning up and being okay with your place being a mess, Like there are little things that I'm like, it's too deep rooted. Or I've had friends also tell me like, oh my god, but like he's going to be this person, and I was like, you know, he might be terrible, but he deserves to be with somebody. Let's say he does change. He deserves to be with somebody that'll see him with fresh eyes. And you don't respect him anymore. You mom him, but you don't respect him. And I don't know if it's worth the paranoia of it, because for the rest of your life you're going to be wondering who is he at dinner with? Did he go to dinner? Why didn't he text me good night? Who is he with? Like those things are not worth it. So he could change, but he ruined it, you know what I mean, Like it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Today's episode is sponsored by Cotton the Fabric of our Lives. I have a question for you. Have you ever looked at the tag on your favorite T shirt? Not the size tag, the fabric tag. Because I learned something recently that surprised me. I think a lot about the food I eat, the products I put on my skin, the ingredients in my beauty products, even my cleaning products. You all know that about me. But I realized I had almost no idea what most of my clothes were actually made of. And then I learned that many synthetic fabrics are essentially plastic. I know, I had the same reaction as someone who basically lives out of a suitcase. I have a handful of things I wear over and over again. My favorite white T shirt, the pajamas I travel with, the matching sweatsuit I wear to the airport in back. And when I started checking the labels, I notice something. The pieces I reach for most often are cotton. They're comfortable, they're breathable, they feel good on my skin, and cotton is a natural fiber that doesn't shed microplastics when washed. It's one of those tiny pieces of information that changes how you shop forever, not in a dramatic way, just enough that now, whenever I'm buying something new, I check the label. Which brings me to this this plastic free July. Start with a simple habit. Check the label for cotton whether you're shopping for a new T shirt, summer dress, or fresh sheets, looking for cotton is an easy way to choose a natural fabric that does not shed microplastics. Cotton it's the fabric of our lives. Learn more at the fabricoourlives dot com. I want to ask you actually about you just said you mom, meet.
Speaker 2: Him, mommy, everybody.
Speaker 1: It's something that I've seen you talk about a lot you've said. I want to read the exact thing it says one of your deep posts on TikTok. You wrote, women are forced to face themselves, They're forced to parent their partners, and you feel like that's actually why a lot of your past partners have resented you. Yeah, I want to understand better what you mean.
Speaker 2: I think there is a moment in time where men think I want a woman just like my mom.
Speaker 1: I think that they almost all do subconsciously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even it's a hater. Even if a hater, it's just a case of familiarity. Like maybe how people say, like you find your father and everyone. I don't know if that's necessarily true, but there are traits about my dad that I definitely look for. I don't you would never have to babysit my dad, for example, at a party, like he you can leave him to do his own thing, and people come back and they're like, what, he's so funny, you know what I mean? Like, my dad's that kind of guy. So I do look for that in other people. But I feel like there will always be a sense of she'll take care of it. And I feel like when I start, especially at a young age, if you start dating really young, you find yourself kind of falling into that, saying like how much Look how much easier your life could be if I was with you, Like, look how comfortable you are. And what I didn't realize is that men didn't see that as like, oh, I have to take care of this. Men saw that as a starting point where it's like, oh I don't even have to try, and look how good she is to me. Like, men did not see that as something that they had to, like, something precious that they had to like water and nurture.
Speaker 1: I just feel like that's important for them absolutely.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't want to be excused, who doesn't want to be like viciously babied viciously. I remember one time this person said to me, oh my god, you're just like my fucking mom. And I said, who the fuck wants to fuck their son? Like, shut the fuck up? You know so? And it's also like I'm also a fucking kid. I'm the same age as you, or maybe like two years less. You don't think I want to be fucking babied beyond like taking me to dinner, Like I can take me to dinner. Right, I've shown time and time again how like comfortable I can make your life. You have shown me only the ways you've made my life harder. Yeah, you know so when I say, like mommying somebody, I mean like, are you okay? What do you need? See? I remembered, oh I love that. See I've remembered oh, you can count on me. And for some reason, I don't know if dependability is also like a muscle. I like to say confidence is like a muscle. I don't know if dependability or being a reliability is a muscle, but I for sure.
Speaker 1: I think it is. It's a habit.
Speaker 2: It is a habit. That quote how you do one thing is how you do everything drives me fucking nuts because if I showed you my apartment right now, you would think I was squatting. I have so many packages that a delivery guy, my Uber eats driver, said, happy moving. I've been here for two years.
Speaker 1: That's I sort of feel like that quote haunts me as well, because you're a person of excellence. I strive for Yeah, we all. I strive for excellence too. My life is not excellent in every area. It's impossible, right, So I hate that quote too. Did you also have an eating disorder? Yeah, when I was younger. Yeah, And infectionism is a drug. If I could put control into.
Speaker 2: A pipe, yeah, I would book it to the filter. Okay, but that's something else that my therapist told me about people who have eds. Instead of nourishing ourselves, we nourish others because at least then we're busy, you know, And that really fucked me up.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: It's like I rather avoid, and also dating gives us an excuse to being control of our appearance, you know. So no, what do you mean, like getting dressed, getting ready to going to the gym looking cute, you know, like putting an extra effort or whatever. There's certain ways that people with eats like we cover things, you know, Like I used to tell people all the time, I was training for a marathon, and that's why you know I wasn't doing that, or I was doing too much of this or whatever. I used to tell people I enjoyed just walking to work, but I had, like, you know, my calorie counters and stuff. We all cover things up. So when people are like like taking care of my body, like working out too much, I'm like, well, I'm dating again. I don't want to gain the extra way, you know, Like for me, like dating was something that I could hide. I could hide behind my partner instead of talking about me. I could talk about how exciting dating was, you know, how I met somebody. Everything you don't like talking about you if I'm actively like avoiding nourishment or like taking care of my body, like if I'm not if I'm slipping into old habits, yeah, I'm talking to you about everything else or fascinating. My friends will know when I'm avoiding them, because people that you don't know, you could talk about whatever and they think this is just you. Right, people you sit down there like, bitch, what the fuck is happening? Like you, what's going on? They know you sit down You're like yeah, and they're like, what's going on? You know, and I'm like, I'm losing control. I'm losing control. So there's a part of me also where I think with dating it's hard because you tell people these things, like you share your hurt with people you know, and then they hurt you and you're like, I told you, like I told you, and so like for men, whatever, for your partner, if they told you like a trigger of theirs, you know, like let's say they got cheated on with their exes coworker me, I would make it an extra effort that they met all my coworkers, but they knew all the office gossip. I wanted them to feel as comfortable as possible. Right, for men, you could say, you know, like my ex was always on dating apps, and they're like, I'll go home and download Tinder. They're just so far removed from like, I don't know what investment means to men, or like to there's a lot of selfish women and a lot of selfish but non binary people too. It's just that the only people have truly broken my heart are just men.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, I also think potentially they're wired differently because it is a whole different level even good hearted people. I think men are just a little bit more selfish. They comme at it from a different angle to begin with. Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: It's a selfish angle. It's a selfish angle. I'm trying to share myself with somebody, you know what I mean. I'm trying to share life with you. I want you to meet my family. I want you to share memes with my brother. I want you to, you know, read my birthday cards from my grandfather. You know. I want my aunt to make her famous charcouterie board for you. It's fantastic, you know. But men are just like you know, they want to make sure that they are still validated. They're obsessed with validation.
Speaker 1: But I think it's really like, I think we have really multi pronged wants and needs, and for them it feels like it's sex, food and ego.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then and then they wonder why we think about them so like prehistorically, and I'm like, well, yeah, but also like, how would you it would It would hurt my heart to live my life knowing that you were this multi dimensional person and I just never did it well and I and you didn't find me either worthy or you know, you didn't share that with me. But then I go to sleep and I'm like, I think we always think about the things that we could have done. Like I had a boyfriend once that used to come home at like seven in the morning, and he used to come home so fucked up, and I would like scream and scream at him. It'd be a huge fight. And I look back and I'm like, why didn't I bolt the door? Why didn't I let that motherfucker sleep outside like a consequence because I thought the consequence was disappointing me. That didn't mean anything to him. And then I also tell myself, because that's not you. You would never let anybody sleep outside with nowhere to go in the winter. That's that's just not within.
Speaker 1: And is that something you like about yourself?
Speaker 2: I love that about me. That's why relationships. You're not going to change that about me.
Speaker 1: That's the key, right.
Speaker 2: You know. I would go on these dates after these like tremendous heartbreaks. I've had like three tremendous heartbreaks in my life, and you're so brave, you know. Like one of my relationships didn't work out. I'm like, I wonder who, like I look just like him, you know, And she's like and I was never brave enough to get back out there, really, and you just really pick yourself up and you go out and I'm like, I leave before they take that for me. I know a lot of people who are really bitter. I know a lot of people.
Speaker 1: But you can always get it back.
Speaker 2: You can always get it back.
Speaker 1: But it's expensive, yes it is. It's expensive emotionally and financially potentially, Babe.
Speaker 2: You can be like, I could date somebody for a year. Who's to say they won't date some But in my building, I'm not doing that shit.
Speaker 1: Again, do you really have control over it?
Speaker 2: Exactly? But the only thing I have control of, the only thing that I have control of in my life is how I love people. You know what I mean? Yeah, So I have had heartbreaks in my life where I have walked around Central Park in a robe and slippers, open mouths crying. Yeah, I looked like SpongeBob's grandma.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's real heartbreak on the phone.
Speaker 2: My mom, and she says later, I would talk to her like every hour on the hour for days, And my mom later told me I didn't understand a word that you were saying. It was hysterical. I've had heartbreaks where my cousins have to fly in to ensure that I'm eating, you know what I mean. I've had heartbreaks where I leave the country for like months, you know, But I've always, even though it broke my fucking heart, I was always the one to say, even though they said, you know, I'll never love you this way. You know, technically, technically I'm always the one to leave. But it's not out of nowhere, you know, Like I'm not like this mysterious, like I'm not this person with that leaves like a letter on the bed saying like you know, I'll see you in a dream or something. No, you know, I leave right before. I feel like you're about to imprint on me, like you're about to mold me into somebody fearful. And I can't do that because if you take that for me, I can't be happy for my friends who fall in love. I can't be happy for my siblings. You know what nice it is to see your siblings in love like that, To see somebody love your siblings, or see them not the way that you see them, but cherish them, or feel like they're irreplaceable the way that you feel. That's such a gift. I say it to my siblings all the time. I love seeing you guys in love. I see. However, to my brother, I'm like, I see, however, you got her a glass of water. Whenever she asks that kind of hurt a little bit. I've been asking you for thirty two years. But that's okay, you know what I mean. But like, there's a point about loving love because people I know and we go through it when we're going through breakups too, where you see people in love and you're like, he's cheating on her. I don't want to be like that, No, it's going to end. Or like you see an old guy and you're like, I'm getting flowers, you know, and like it's probably for his mistress. I've had friends like that and I'm like, you need to talk to somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I guess you bring up two things. One is it sounds like you refuse to betray yourself, which I think is really valuable. But two, you refuse to let someone bend your spirit.
Speaker 2: I just feel like I fox so hard for it. The reason I am the way that I am is because at one point I was not. You know, there are ways every day that we betray ourselves. There are little ways every day that we don't act to our best interest, you know what I mean. But I will say, maybe it's because I'm a cancer, maybe it's because I'm Latin, maybe it's because I'm a woman. But I do believe in the idea of a tribe, of a of a community. Rain. Yeah. I always tell people, if the people who love you the most and have nothing to gain from your unhappiness are telling you that you can do better, I think you should listen. They have nothing to gain, you know what I mean. So when it comes to my mom or like my exes, when I'm ready to break up with somebody, I tell them everything. I sit down and I'm like, you have to help me leave this man. You have to help me whoever it is.
Speaker 1: Oh, you tell your people.
Speaker 2: I tell my people because you can't.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so hard because there's no unwinding that.
Speaker 2: There's no unwinding that. So it gets to the point then where if I see them again, and of course I have, I have to sit with that feeling of I betrayed them. I betrayed the people who were on the phone with me when they could understand me.
Speaker 1: Oh, my god, my head's exploding down.
Speaker 2: I betrayed them. So because it's easy to betray ourselves, we can forgive ourselves, you know what I mean, over and over again. But when your mom calls and she was like, how is your weekend? I miss you, and you know that, You're like, this woman has listened to me. She was there for me. She did everything. I can't tell her or and my mom does this thing too. It's a little mafio so but it really works where she'll sit me down. She's done it in a couple different ways, but the most recent way was I want you to know it could be ten years down the line, you could get back with this man. You could have children with this man. I will never see those grandchildren. I will never speak to you again. I cannot bear to see you with somebody who doesn't know what you do. And I'm like, bitch, it is day two of the breakup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not day one hundred and two, you know.
Speaker 2: But it's also important for me too that she comes here and she sees me, because she reminds me. She's like, do you know what you were like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we don't see ourselves when we're in that state.
Speaker 2: I look at pictures of myself and I'm like, you look like a white walker.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: I know it always shows up physically always.
Speaker 1: You said you've had three heartbreaks. I think there's different kinds of heartbreak. You can break your own heart, there's family heartbreak, there's romantic heartbreak. When I say heartbreak, what comes up for you immediately?
Speaker 2: I think heartbreak. I think being in love is feeling like a kid again, and being a kid again feels vulnerable. So whenever I think of heartbreak, I think of being a teenager, because that's really what love feels like, you know what I mean. I hate the reason I love. I love astrology, I love all of the occult. I love all of it, you know what I mean. I love prayer. I love when people are like, oh, I don't believe in God or whatever. I'm like, I don't care. My sister's atheist. I rock with that, bitch. I think we're going to go to the same place. But it would just be lonely for me, you know. And I love the idea of life having magic to it, little things, little things like being in the mood for ice cream and then you are walking and you see an ice cream shop, you're like, oh my god, you know, like things like that. I like the magic in life and when you're in love, life does feel magical.
Speaker 1: What a beautiful way of describing it.
Speaker 2: It feels like a gift, it really does. You talk to people about heartbreak and love and the same thing. No, this is different. Yeah you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Like you feel like it's so it's someone could possibly understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's unique. It's like you like, like, I understand you've ben heartbroken. Like I look at my mom and I'm like, no, you don't understand. She's like I had three children as married and I was like, yeah, that's cute, but you don't. That's sweet.
Speaker 1: You don't understand what I'm going through.
Speaker 2: You don't understand. So there's that thing where it's like the people that you are during those like three four hundred heartbreaks or whatever, they're different people. And I told my ex, like, I miss her, I miss the that I was. I like who I am? But that girl, I'm never going to know her again because you put me through things that I probably didn't have to learn.
Speaker 1: You never heard anybody talk about that.
Speaker 2: She was so protective of me. She waited to date you. Know, like she found the guy that she really liked. She waited to sleep with him, like she was really really confident. She knew that she was smart and that she was funny, and you took her from me, you know, you took her from me. So now i have to do that all over again.
Speaker 1: But I'm never going to be that person again ever.
Speaker 2: I'll never be that little twenty seven year old girl so excited to meet up with you because because I felt something and I thought, okay, like he's really nice, he taught, he calls his mom all the time. Like that person that was so that person was trying to protect me and I let her down.
Speaker 1: I'm like so emotional hearing you say that. There's like, I think so much grief wrapped around that.
Speaker 2: It is grief, it's morning. But people are like, oh, everybody more a relationship. I'm like, no, I'm mourning.
Speaker 1: The hope I had, the hope and the version of yourself.
Speaker 2: I think I wanted magic so bad that I or I was so used to everybody having a little bit of magic that I may have made it up for you a little bit where you were lacking, you know what I mean, And that and I love that she did that for like, I'll look at somebody like, I love that she did that for you. But another thing that you took from me when you cheat on somebody or when you betray somebody is I've never met a woman that I didn't want to be fucking friends with. I meet a woman and I'm just like, this could be my friend. And now for the next few months, I'm going to meet new people and wonder if they're your fucking type. You turned you, you turned women you You made me turn my back a little bit for women.
Speaker 1: So I can heal when I can even like question my friends, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Were you attracted to my friends to do you f with my friend? And I feel like there are some friends that there are some partners that definitely did, and some partners that definitely did not. And my friends would never but they, you know, my friends say something, They're like, we trusted him with you, and that really hurt me. Yeah, because I trusted him with me too. The way that they treat their friends, the way that they treat their family, the way that they talk about their friends, the way they talk about their exes. When you're young, you just think it's so nuanced and it's not he's not nuanced. It is those people are just normal, everyday people, you know what I mean. Like the way that this guy, like one of my partners, would talk about all his friends' success almost like they didn't deserve it. I'll never forget that because one day he woke up. We were sleeping together, and he woke up and he said, I had a nightmare. And I was like, what was your nightmare? And he was like, I had a nightmare that you were on SNL and I was like, that's a weird thing. And then when I got signed to UTA and there was an announcement on Variety, he messaged it to me on what's up and we haven't spoken in years. Yeah, look at where you are now. Remember how poor you were? And I was like, I was never special. I was just not successful and that made me perfect for you. You were always the one that was more successful than me. At that point, Oh, I went off. I texted my mom that she goes say this, I'm like, Mom, I can't say that.
Speaker 1: Oh, So you were never poor, you were baby broke exactly.
Speaker 2: I was beginning. I was beginning, you know, And now I realized, oh my god, I wasn't special. I was in a safe place. I was just, oh my god, comfortable. I was easy, and I was younger and I just moved to New York and he had been here his whole life, so like he could show me things he loved. I always say it to girls when they're going on dates. Just let him teach you something. Ask him about his interests, and then ask one thing about it and let him talk, and he'll be obsessed with you and then love to teach you things.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, and to show you new stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, they love it, they really do.
Speaker 1: Like, Oh, this restaurant is incredible. I've never been here.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of this vegetable? It's called eggplan? No? Like, oh my god, Like it's so. But if you were to do something better, I feel it's weird because this one, this one person I dated for a little bit, I would show him things, and then I went through his phone and he would send girls the songs I would send him and the memes I would send them, And I was like, I was like, this guy doesn't even know she's dating me.
Speaker 1: And it's because he had no originality. He took on your personality.
Speaker 2: Nothing I've also dated people who, oh were intimidated by me and I didn't realize and they thought the only way that they could hold my attention was fighting with me. So I would sit down and be like, I'm a terrible per like I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. And then it took like my friend to sit me down and be like, the only time he has your full attention you're so busy is when you guys are fighting and he's ringing it in other than talking about it. And I would go through conversations I'm like, oh my god, this guy is a fucking vampire, you know, And no wonder I don't want to talk to him all the time because I felt bad. I was like, I want to resolve with him, but I just don't want to talk to him. She's like, he's programmed you that every time you talk to him is going to be unhappy about something, and that way you dedicate your whole life, your whole day to making him feel better and apologizing. Heartbreak is normal and heartbreak is part of life. I get it, but I think in the future, your standards change. Every fucking heartbreak, your standards change. I always say standards are your neighborhood, and boundaries are your fencing. Standards are where you live, and the fencing to your house are your boundaries. So you know what I mean. Like a standard for me is I'm monogamous. That's a standard for me. I don't want to be in a poly thing, and everybody who wants that should be with somebody that wants the same thing. And I don't want to get in the way of you finding that, you know, But.
Speaker 1: Also, don't lie to me and tell me you want to be monogamous.
Speaker 2: Don't to me and tell me you just don't want me to see anybody. Yeah, you know what I mean. That's usually what it is. And oh my god. You know how many times I've met a guy that's like, I'm in an open relationship and she isn't.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, yeah, say that to you. It happened to me a bunch, But not like they don't say it on Riyah.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all of you motherfuckers are married, a lot of them.
Speaker 1: There's all thing with girlfriends.
Speaker 2: All of them.
Speaker 1: My ex was on Riah, Like the whole time we were in a relationship, I had no idea.
Speaker 2: It was for friends and networking no, I didn't even know like he was on it. People are people, swear people. That's what my mom has a saying to light in my face is to call me an idiot. And I like, i'd be like, why are you on this app? And they're like, oh, I'm looking for casting. For the you're looking for casting. But it's part of the casting process showing them your dick. Oh and in an apartment you don't pay rent for, it's like my apartment, Like, I get it. The lighting's great, but not No.
Speaker 1: Well I read that you said hurt people hurt people, which is a common phrase, but you said that sometimes the only way people know they exist is if they hurt people.
Speaker 2: There's a moment where people realize that they're not going to be that they're not special, you know, And I think it happens with me. Men. There's a moment where a man realizes he's not going to be a rock star, he's not going to be the Wolf of Wall Street, he's not going to be this pro athlete. He's just a person. And I feel like women, for us, it's different. It's like the the friends we have, where we live, the clothes we wear, like those things are more statusy you know what I mean, Oh than men. Men. It's like an ego thing, like the status for men is different. It's different, and there is a moment where men realize, I'm not going to be I'm not special, you know, I'm just a regular guy with a regular job, with a regular a part. And I think that's fine, but for them it's not. And I think there are people in the world, including women. I know a lot of women who go this route too, for different reasons. But they realize that if they are the main character in their movie and no one's gonna watch it, they rather be the villain, or they rather be the victim. They rather be pitied, and they rather be hated than not be seen at all. And those people are the people where we confuse and we're like, oh my god, he's mean to everybody but me, or like I'm the only one that understands her. I'm the only one that's there for her. They designed it that way. You're now the supporting character in their movie that they've been writing for years, like the person that you know runs away, traveling everywhere alone, post about like being alone and whatever. They want it that way. They knew that here, or they were just a regular person, but they had to create this idea of.
Speaker 1: Them, so they carved this out.
Speaker 2: They're a voyager, you know what I mean, they're brave. Theyre or a girl who just like she just can't get it together and like poor. Have you ever met somebody that can't stop dating shitty people? If they didn't date hitty people, who.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't they the job? What's your story? What do they talk about at dinner?
Speaker 2: How somebody fucked them over?
Speaker 1: Oh, I've never thought about this. This is interesting.
Speaker 2: I think there's courage in being normal. There's courage in normalcy.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of courage in normalcy and consistency.
Speaker 2: The courage to be who you are. I think people think like, oh, the courage to be a star, to be who you are, they mean like the courage to draw attention to myself. What if you're not What if you're not that person? Are you brave enough to face that and be okay with that? What if you're not that person?
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean and what if that's actually weak?
Speaker 2: I think there's this a Real Housewives quote Lisa where she says quarters in a money box make a lot of noise. But dollars are quiet, and I think that way about confidence sometimes, and everybody has confidence differently, right, right.
Speaker 1: So I saw on Twitter in September of twenty one you said you went through a pretty public breakup, and you said, I'm trying so hard to be graceful about this. This is the worst heartbreak of my life. Please stop dming me and all this other stuff. I first of all, kudos to you. I don't know how you went through a public breakup. I have like so much love for you. It's so hard to go through it at all, let alone publicly thank you. How did the heartbreak leave you? Because I think it manifests differently depending on what your childhood wounds are. I think it can leave you feeling unlovable. It can leave you feeling insecure, It can leave you feeling empowered. Like there's all these different ways heartbreak can leave you.
Speaker 2: There is something that a lot of people don't know. The reason A big reason that I was quiet about it was because it was there was a lot of stuff that was pretty private. It wasn't my story to tell the reason why we had really not worked for so long, and it was rooted in like addiction and like substance abuse. I thought it would be tacky to like talk about that when it affects like someone's whole family and like all this stuff and whatever. And but second of all, there was a point in my relationship where it got very cloud chasy. So I didn't want to I didn't want to drive any traffic. I wasn't gonna do it. So there was a there was a point where I was like, this person loves being my partner, but I don't think they love me necessarily. They love the way that I love them. They love the way that I show them off. They love that people who support me and interact with me and follow me view us, but I don't. But we would be in a room together and he wouldn't speak to me. He'd be like on his phone the whole time, going through his dms, going through like you know, his photos, seeing what he could post a lot of selfies. And so when we broke up, I was like, I'm not driving any traffic too, I'm not telling anybody anything. I'm going to be really really quiet about it. I'm not gonna I'm not going to do you any favors. I'm not going to give you a platform, because the last thing I'm going to do is give a man a platform where he can talk about me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what does it feel like to feel like I actually don't think I've I did feel that once where I dated somebody and I didn't feel like they actually loved me after Because you guys were together for a good amount of time.
Speaker 2: We were we were and some of it was good and some of it was nightmare on Elm Street, but it was like it was just a lot of There was a lot of stuff that I was unprepared for. There's a lot of stuff I was unprepared for. There was a lot of stuff I didn't have experience with. And I guess when somebody says, oh, I'm only like this when I'm fucked up, and then you're like, but you're fucked up all the time, So I think this might be you. And I think that they liked that I I don't have anything like that in my family, So they knew that I was. They knew I was going to if I had now if that happened to me, I would say either get help or leave. But at that point I had to have no experience in that, so I was like, come in you know, let's talk about it, what's going on whatever.
Speaker 1: I was just more empathetic, even hard to identify sometimes.
Speaker 2: No, there's a point where I was like, ah, I'm fucked. Yeah really, yeah, there was no And I think in the beginnings of things, like you're just getting sucked up all the time, you're going to dinner, you're having a bottle of wine, you're doing this, you're doing that, you're going out all the time Friday night. But I remember just it was like getting in the way of someone and their vibe was like being called by like a tiger, Like there was an anger there, like there was like a like there's a switch that happened, like if you were to deny them, or if you were to restrict them in any way, or even the word sobriety gets popped up. It was like it was like a tiger. I think that relationship taught me, taught me a lot about how much I'm willing to take. And I'm really proud of myself that I had the patience to love someone like that. And I'm I'm happy to have seen my bandwidth, but I don't I don't ever want to be stretched that far ever again. And publicly. You know, it was hard because there were people who were supporting me, and then I would go through his phone and they'd be like, hit me up when you and Teffie breakup, So I don't think I'm ever yeah, And I went on my page and I DM them and I was like, I know what you're sending this person. You're disgusting, You're like vile, and I blocked them. But I think that was one thing too, where it's like the support, the support that I would get if I talked about it, I could go I could go viral for that. I could talk about, you know, a bunch of different topics within that breakup. I could talk about, you know, dealing with somebody's angry, dealing with somebody who's like has substance abuse, or dealing with heartbreak in general, dealing with like somebody cheating on you, like whatever. There's a lot of stuff I could have talked about, but the support would be so cheap, the support would be so cheap, it just wouldn't be. It just that's not what I want to be supported for. I'm not like this weak person. I know what I'm doing. I can I can handle it. And there are things that I learned, that relationship that I can tell you about without having to tell you about it.
Speaker 1: You know, I actually think this is tangential. But I often think about like the longevity and health of influencers, and that distinction you made, is it? Because it's so beautiful when you like, the whole point of a great speech is somebody teaches you something without you having to learn the lesson yourself. Like that is the mark of a great book, a great speech, a great something, like a great podcast. But if you're processing it while we're learning with you, there's no lesson there.
Speaker 2: No, it's just it's performative.
Speaker 1: Do you think that women experience heartbreak differently than men?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I literally when I was going through my last breakup, I said, I have to say goodbye to these children I've imagined in my mind. I have to say bye to them, you know, And for a woman, there is this timer. Now we have like all these advancements whatever, but I don't want to freeze my eggs. I don't want to you know, like, and it sounds fantastic and maybe you know, I think that women can have babies later. But when we broke up, I was like, I'm probably not going to have kids, So I'm like thirty seven now maybe if I do, And there's that clock. Men can be seventy something. But you're saying goodbye to like an era in your life that only fits like a certain thing if you want children. That's how I know I'm in love too, Like right now, if children happen for me, that's amazing, what a blessing. And if they don't, that's okay, you know what I mean, Like, I don't think it would be detrimental to me. When I'm in love. I want to give somebody a baby really bad, you know. So there was that point where I looked at him and I was like, it's hard of like you wanted a family so bad, and you want a family for the first time ever, like a functional family, and my family's very functional and like very normal and boring in the best way. So I was like, I gave you something that you were looking for, and you used it against me, you know what I mean, Like you took the norm we'll see and the foundation that you were looking in someone for and you jumped on it. You wanted to see if it could crack. And I told you, and I'd say to all my partners, I will leave. You think I won't, and I know there's going to be a point where you think, oh, she can handle anything. I will leave. I will go, and then they never believe me when I'm like, no, it's done. You know.
Speaker 1: So there's I think that's actually a gender difference. I think women will like they'll endure a lot, but once they're gone, they're gone.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's a part of us too where, even if we have children or not, the idea of having to protect a child from someone doesn't mean to me anymore. That's interesting, you know, Like it's that like instinctual thing for me. Also, I have to be with someone i'm proud of. If I'm no longer proud of you, I can't do it. And it's not an admiration thing. You could be a fucking carpenter, I don't fucking care. You could be a cashier at Target. I don't give a fuck. But it's something about character, about doing the right thing. My mom says kind people are so kind even when it's hard, you know, Like that's something that I really really admire in people, because it's so easy for me to be nice to you. But if you looked at me and you were like, well, everybody thinks you're really stupid. I can look at you like i'd be so, and but I would need need to like dig deep and be like, I'm really sorry you feel that way, you know what I mean? Like that was something that's something I admire in people.
Speaker 1: My friend is a divorce attorney.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she got married and her husband they were at the altar and her husband, like previously, had asked her she put this in her vows. Her husband asked her, like, you see all these people for years getting divorced or in the thick of it with them.
Speaker 2: What have you garnered?
Speaker 1: What have you learned? Like, well, what advice can you give us as we move towards marriage? And she said the one thing that she said to him was you need to marry somebody who not only does the right thing for you, but does the right thing for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I was deeven heartbreak, I would find myself googling like how to feel better? And I knew I wasn't going to find anything, but I just like I was doing all the things. I trained for a triathlon, I did therapy, Like I was being so proactive about the heartbreak. I didn't want to sit in it. No, And I'm wondering if you have found anything that you can share that you think actually helps you.
Speaker 2: Got to sit in the ship. I've been avoiding it. I avoided all the time. I dove into work, and my mom said, everywhere you go, you will follow.
Speaker 1: Your mom sounds so wise.
Speaker 2: She is so annoying. Enough, stop stop it.
Speaker 1: With that being right, Teffie's mom, I mean, like, you know.
Speaker 2: There was a there was this movie with j Lo and Robert Redford on Netflix, and my mom came to visit me. I forget I think I was moving and she kept She came and helped me move, and we were in bed together and I had to leave for an appointment and she was like, I'm going to keep watching the movie. And I was like, okay, rude. And she's watching the movie and she text me and she's like, call me after your meeting, and I said okay, and I called her. I'm like, hey, I'm on my way back. She's like, you know, I finished the movie. She's like, you know j Lo in this movie she was in an abusive relationship. And my mom was like, you know, Robert Redford asked j Lo why she stayed with a man that hit her, and she said, you know, I know that he was bad, but I didn't think I could do better. And I was quiet, and she's like, did you hear me? She stayed with somebody that she knew she was better than, but she didn't think that she could do better. And I was like, I heard you, mother. I'm like on sixth Avenue, like I cannot cry right now. But she was like, we watch her and we're like, she is so kind, she's so generous, she loves her daughter, she deserves the world, but it doesn't matter because she didn't think that she could do better than man who beat the fuck out of her. And I think about that all the time.
Speaker 1: When you think about it, because I think that that idea does not discriminate between women with confidence or without. It's not this, it's not the lack of confidence that spurs that. Like there's women I've interviewed offline, like they're powerhouses, and they tell me about these like horrible relationships he's been in where men steal money from them, like things you would never think of. What gets us there?
Speaker 2: I mean, love is hopeful. You always love the person that you feel like they're loading to be, you know what I mean. The person that you fell in love with is rarely the person that you end up with. It's as hopefully love grows together as you guys discover each other, but it's rare, especially when you're with insecure men you know, or an insecure partner.
Speaker 1: I think heartbreaks like a really important part of love.
Speaker 2: So I have a few temporary that's the thing that fucks you up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're in it, you don't feel like it.
Speaker 2: Is and it's very temporary.
Speaker 1: So I have a few rapid fire questions for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Okay, a movie you put on when you're sad the holiday. The worst betrayal is the worst betrayal is a mission. Omission is a sneaky form of a lie.
Speaker 2: I think I hate a person that lives on technicalities. Yes, I technically was in disrespectful. I technically didn't lie. I was like, well, you're technically a coward.
Speaker 1: So a celebrity couple that you like that you're rooting.
Speaker 2: For, Goldie Haun and Kurt Russell love.
Speaker 1: That brand, romantic gesture, intimate, romantic moment.
Speaker 2: I'm a Leo Moon. I need both me too.
Speaker 1: When I read that, I was like, yeah, saying both your favorite date spot in New York.
Speaker 2: My favorite dates spot in a central park. I'm pretty pretty uh. I love an outdoorsy picnic moment. But we have to be near the bathrooms. The bathrooms have to be like an eye distance. And please don't make me do that. I have a very weak bladder. We can't. I can't piss myself in the bushes.
Speaker 1: Second, especially if we're drinking wine. Like, please, what's something that you see in yourself that you haven't shown the world yet?
Speaker 2: I think maybe how mean I can be? I can show us well I'm People are like, what do you mean? I'm like, I'm a big sister. I can get creative, you know what I mean. But I can definitely be vengeful. I can be vengeful. It's not something I'm proud of, but it is something where like I'm not gonna let you walk around. I'm always gonna get my lick back, you know what I mean. Like that's what I mean by that.
Speaker 1: I also feel like that's Miami of you. Yeah, no, I mean it in the best way. A quality that you always look for in a.
Speaker 2: Friend inclusion, like if we're with other people and there's an inside joke and you turned me like it's funny because I like that. I like that right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a book that changed your life, something you think everyone should read.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, mister Fox. It's my first chapter book. I have like thirteen different versions of it. I love that book so much. It was my first first like chapter book. I was like seven years old, and I think I've read it like a million times. I just love that character. I love us. I love solution based thinking. You know what I mean. I agree.
Speaker 1: Have you ever thought about becoming a therapist? Like does it like every day of my life?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It in your mind. I just be able to not get involved, and I think that's where that stops. I would love to be like a teacher, like a professor of something, Like I'd love to like teach something and that way I can get a little bit more involved. But like a therapist can't, like you know, like you can't hug your clients like unless but like I would be like to Bozom.
Speaker 1: Come here. Yeah, okay, card game fifty two questions. So because we're virtual, just tell me when to stop stop. What expert do you want lessons from?
Speaker 2: What expert do I want lessons from? M There are a couple people that I have in my mind. One is Rita Moreno, who's like, you.
Speaker 1: Want to learn how to be an egot.
Speaker 2: I just feel like she was around in Hollywood where I'm sure a lot happened, and there's a Latin point of view that I really look for, you know what I mean. And Michelle Levon Robinson Obama, mm hmmm. I love her a lot, and I would love to talk to Samahayek for a while. I feel like she's just someone that tells you like it is, you know what I mean, and great enough to do.
Speaker 1: It whatever comes to your mind. First, the smartest decision you've ever.
Speaker 2: Made, The smartest decision I've ever made was to go to that audition. The reason I'm on TikTok is because I went to this audition and for YouTube. This company was like starting their own like channels. They were looking for talent, and I was a receptionist. I was like twenty eight and I wasn't an actress. I'd never done anything, and everybody that was going were like food critics and bloggers and podcasters and I was just like a receptionist and I went and out of like one hundred people, I'm the only one that got the job. So I think that's the smartest thing I ever did. Was like, I think you could do that. Or people love to make things so complicated, like the training of it, the broadcast journalism of it, like the speech, how you talk or whatever. But there's an it for people that people look for, and I think it's like Zendea has it. I'm not saying that I have that, but I think I know how to make people feel comfortable and I knew that I could do it. I knew that I could do it, and I just wasn't going to let people technicality me my way out of thinking that way. So I think that's the smartest thing I ever did. Was like bet on myself that one time, and once you win that bet, you know what I mean, You're just like, what if I did this? So if it was for that, I would have never uploaded my first TikTok if I didn't. If I was if I wasn't, like, let's roll the dice one more time? You did well the first time, you know.
Speaker 1: You listen to the whisper whatever it was right here.
Speaker 2: The whisper. Oh yeah, I call it my weeping willow like in Pocahontas. I like that well because I was a Disney girl. Yeah, and that was like the nicest fucking tree anyone ever fucking seen.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Sometimes not Sometimes every week I go and I visit teenage meet in our childhood bedroom and I tell her what we did that week.
Speaker 1: You do yeah, sublatively, it's like a yes.
Speaker 2: Yes actively actively. I sit and I make time for it and I pretend cool, and sometimes at the end of it, she'll be like, are we happy? And I know that if I say no, then she's gonna beike them, what the fuck is the point of me going through all that shit for? Because she hasn't done it yet, like telling somebody what like a what a racetrack is, what a marath's going to look like, you know, like the uphills, the downhills, whatever. So I have to make it worthwhile for her to keep going because she's been dreaming, dreaming about me her whole life. She like what I'm doing now, She's been thinking about her whole life, you know. So I think that's something too, where I carry fifteen year old me around with me so when it comes to the audition, I can hear and say, like bucket, who cares? You know?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what time it is. Today's a good day. To have a good day. I'll see you next week