Speaker 1: The volume. Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 2: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's colled money moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 1: The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister Boostmobile himself asked me to.
Speaker 1: There's nothing funny about it.
Speaker 2: Boozmobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by colar Guard, a non invasive colon cancer screening test.
Speaker 1: Did you know?
Speaker 2: Colon cancer is considered one of the most preventable, yet least prevented cancers. When called in the early stages, colon cancer has a survival rate of ninety percent, so screening and early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer deaths. That's why the American Cancer Society recommends that if you're at average risk, you begin screening for colon cancer at age forty five, and the convenient way to do that is with coli Guard tests. The cold Guard test allows you to be in control of your colon colon cancer screening through prescription based tests delivered to your door with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy, liquid prep, no days off, no invasive procedures, Plus colon Guard test is affordable. Most insured patients pay zero dollars and if follow up colonoscopy is needed after a positive colon guard test, this is usually covered by insurance. Also, so if you're forty five years of older and at average risk, you can ask your health care provider about screening for colon cancer with the colon Guard test. You can also request a coli guard prescription today at coli guard dot com slash podcast. The colon Guard test is intended to screen the DOLSE forty five and order at average risk for col director cancer. Do not use COVID guard tests if you have had athenemus, have inflammatory biblesease, and certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family district of col erectal cancer. The color Guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopies. High risk patients color Guard tests and adults forty five to forty nine, if estimated based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older, false positive and false negatives can curve Colordgard is available by prescription only. A quarterback coach from a team drafted in the top seven retreferred to your Dr Sanders as brash and arrogant in his team inter you Josina Anderson posted a very lengthy, interesting post. I'm not gonna read it all, but you guys can see it. Here we go with this again, Oh Joe, that's.
Speaker 4: What That's what you want from your quarnerback on either listen, don't change. You know else's brash? Can I tell you one quarterback who was brash, especially come out of college, with the way he plays, the way he carried himself by the name of Baker Mayfield. He win't number one too, yep, number head Baker. Baker Mayfield was trash. Huh, Cam brash?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 5: You know else's brash? Johnny Manziel was brash. You know now, all of a sudden, there's a problem with having confidence in yourself. He's not brash. It's about having confidence.
Speaker 4: It's believing in yourself and believing in the work that you've already put in the resume.
Speaker 1: Speak for yourself. Turn on the film.
Speaker 4: There's a he's talking the way he's talking, I believe I can come in to change the franchise.
Speaker 5: How is that brash for feeling that way? If you're not serious about changing your franchise, that having a franchise change the quarterback. I'm not the one for you.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with saying that when that's exactly what the teams are looking for, someone with that type of confidence, not soft spoken. You are a leader of men coming in as a rookie to change the franchise.
Speaker 1: You gotta be confident, you have to be What are we talking about Kevinvestick?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, let's just say, for the sake of argument, O Joe, everything that he's said, everything that this coach said, that he's brash and he's arrogant.
Speaker 1: Can he play?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can he played football? That's all that matters. He's a football player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not in the politics, because the politics you need to be likable. Yes, that's why people vote for you in this situation.
Speaker 1: Can and he played football? Okay? What art? Does he have? Any issues off the field?
Speaker 2: Do you worry about having to have your phone on ring the entire night? Are you worried about a if you see my player here, give me a call watch out for him.
Speaker 1: Is that any such thing that you can need.
Speaker 2: To worry about. His dad was brash? I'm confused. At the end of the day. Can the guy played football?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can the guy?
Speaker 2: If you want a politician, if you want an elite, a cub scout, someone that's gonna be in the church. Okay, fine, I get that. I want a football player. I want him to have good character. I don't care about the brashness. I don't care about all this stuff. I don't want him to get in trouble off the field. Although I understand that young kids will make mistakes because I was young, so I'm not here to condemn for a first time mistake.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to see a repeat offender.
Speaker 2: That's what gets That's what that's what I get upset about repeat offenders. But I don't have no problem with you doing I don't have no problem with any guy.
Speaker 1: If that's what. If that's what we're talking about, that's what we're out of here. Now.
Speaker 2: You have to understand a lot of times, oh Joe, you we brag because we had to ay. We a lot of times we were playing against people that were bigger thanenough, older than us, and we did something good.
Speaker 1: We had to let them know every time. That's our coach. That's how we grew up every time. Every time.
Speaker 4: But listen, I understand, obviously, especially at the quarterback position, they want you to be and conduct yourself a certain way. They want you to be Palm Brady's the Peyton Man, the Drew Breeses. They want to lump everybody in the same category. You have to be a robot. You have to be politically correct. You have to know how to talk, not to answer questions. You have to know how to keep things in house.
Speaker 5: You have to know how to fall on the sword.
Speaker 1: But things don't go well, you put the blank. No, it's me.
Speaker 4: It all starts with me offensively. I have to play better. You know, when you win, you get.
Speaker 2: When you lose, you take the blame. That's the that's the part about being the quarterback. That's the ownership. That's the ownership that one has to have.
Speaker 1: O Joe.
Speaker 2: This is what Josina Addison second paragraph, according to league sources said, quarterback coach seem to have an issue with the culture of athletes who have broad faith and financial success before entering the NFL and their opinions appears to have to have them a problem with certain athletes.
Speaker 1: I'll leave it at back.
Speaker 2: This is how the pre draft evaluation can get jacked because of evaluators don't seemingly possess the discernment to detect intangible traits that are connected to the will and drive to win without being a state or delineate it delineated.
Speaker 1: In an analytic report. I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean if you're not, if you're not familiar with said culture. See somebody from a different culture, if somebody from the Asian culture or the Jewish culture.
Speaker 1: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: But I know, I know my culture. I know how we talk. Yeah, that man, think about it, and I've always said that. You've heard me say disciplined numerous chime chat. What I respect so much about guys that parents that had money, his dad's time. He said, now I want your money. I want to do it myself. Peyton Manning, parents have money. He said, Noah, I want to do this myself. Bronnie James, dad is lebron James.
Speaker 1: He said, nah, Dad, let me put the time in. I got it.
Speaker 2: That says something because a lot of times we see people kids of famous or well to do, they don't have that kind of drive. It takes a special type of person to go up living in an ivory tower with and silk pajamas say I want to get it out the mother like my dad or like my mom did I got to everybody wired like that. Yeah, for your door, and his dad did everything. He put him in the right situation, had great coaches, had a cultivated relationship with Tom. Tom would talk to your door, probably checked them out on film, probably work with him.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 2: Wouldn't we If every parent could be in a position to make sure they kid got the best the best teachers, the best coaches, the best physios, would we or would he or she not do that for their child?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? That's the whole point. That's the whole point in being a parent. A fault with being a mother. That's what you that's what you want to do. I'm oh, it goes without saying. But just for the sake of an argument, you have the other side that creates stuff like this.
Speaker 1: But don't care.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's not conducting himself the way the way we feel he should.
Speaker 1: Without your kid, you didn't raise it. I love it. That's all that matters.
Speaker 2: I don't think there will be a situation that he's going to get in trouble us. He seemed very level headed to me. I know he's gonna be level headed because I know it's dad. I know it's dad. Extremely well, and his dad jokes around, but they know he no nonsense.
Speaker 1: They know he no nonset. That's what it's time for business.
Speaker 4: When it's time for business and perfecting your craft and getting better at your craft, putting the work, the homework, the studying, the training.
Speaker 2: Man, Come on, man, how many times do you heard Time say I'm two things. I'm coaching dad, but I'm dead first. Make no mistake about that. His kids are very, very of the utmost importance to it. He's always been this way. Y'all think he's this is time, this is who he is now. He behaved a little different when he on the phone with me, but he I don't get it. But you know what O yoe hey, I guess I. Bucky Brooks responded, thanks for sharing Dashina. Every year we watch high profile quarterbacks deal with the nonsense. No one expects your door Sanders to be perfect fed for every coach in the organization. But the unnecessary character attacks by NFL personnel and some media members with NFL backgrounds, it's garbage.
Speaker 1: These unflattering and unfounded remarks.
Speaker 2: Remarks hunt prospects beyond the pre draft process, including containing the fan based opinion before the players takes the field for us.
Speaker 1: Why it's stupid. It does right right. Perception is a person's reality. Wait, whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. You ain't finna get it. You ain't finna get away with that one. Hold on now, all right, somebody has stole up now you know. I I traveled with that that you travel with that.
Speaker 2: I got all your stuff in there. Perception is a person's reality. But perception is not always the truth.
Speaker 1: Oh are you in your bag? Wait a minute, h Perception is not always the truth.
Speaker 2: I look, he's been dealing with this his whole life because guess what he's being deone Sander's son.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: He's been dealing with this his whole life. Yeah, he's gonna deal with it for the rest of his life, no matter what occupation. That precedes him. Right for the longest time. And I still get it. I'm Sterling sharp little brother. Yeah, hey, Sterling, I said, bro, you loud and wrong, but you're close.
Speaker 1: You with that boy? Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just hey, well they called me Stla. I said, yeah, yeah, you played for Green Bay. No, I played for Denver. Oh yeah, that's right, you the one that play with farm No, I played with Elway. But okay, but go ahead, keep it going.
Speaker 5: Hey, they they used a mistake you, for sterling.
Speaker 2: They still do what you be used to. They still do I like bro, you know, and gets what they tell me. Man, y'all don't look nothing to like I say, my brother, not my dad.
Speaker 1: Hey, what the hell? You know?
Speaker 5: People people today still and most of the time it's women.
Speaker 1: Most of the time it's women. Is very funny.
Speaker 4: Obviously they're fans of fans of me, and they confuse me and TiO all the time, and I sometimes they miss I'm not sure how you mistake me for TiO. Till is about two inches taller and he got about forty forty pounds on me. Yeah, he's six three, two thirty.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, I'm un confused.
Speaker 5: Now, you know, I'm one good looking brother.
Speaker 1: I'm one good looking brother.
Speaker 5: Now I'm not saying my brother from another mother is is ugly and nothing.
Speaker 1: But he don't look like this. I'm not sure the two.
Speaker 2: Now, my sister and I we look alike. You look at my sister and you tell okay they brother and sister. My brother looks just like my mom, me and my sister look like my dad. But it's okay. But I understood that growing up. Won't you imagine? I got a brother that's three years older, so he's a I'm a freshman, he's a senior. He's good at everything. Yes, naturally, Bro, you ain't gonna be like your brother. You can't rob run your brother like that.
Speaker 5: That ain't number of motivation though, you know hearing that ain't number of motivation.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: What your NIXT doing had to deal with being at Jackson State will do that?
Speaker 1: You can't do that? Well, maybe you could do that. The at the at the HBC level can do it. So we go to Colorado.
Speaker 5: You know he gets done there?
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 5: You're still hearing all the troops and the terms and and and all the negativity.
Speaker 1: Now draft process.
Speaker 4: You're showing your confidence based on the work that you've been putting in for who knows how long. Now that tag you to change because they don't like the way you conduct yourself. Because you believe in yourself, you have confidence. We talked about Travis Hunter and it's comparison to plant both ways in the NFL, comparing it to sharehold shayol a time.
Speaker 1: What are we talking about? What are we talking about? It's okay. That's the confidence.
Speaker 5: That's what you need to be.
Speaker 1: Great at whatever it is you do.
Speaker 4: You know, he didn't have to be sports, didn't have to be football. But the kind of confidence that your door has, the kind of confidence that Travis Hunter has. It's okay to be like that because that type of confidence is what had driven them.
Speaker 1: To the point where they are in life. Because guess what.
Speaker 2: So he went to HBCU, he lit it up. Oh he should he had an HBCU. He go to Colorado, he lights it up. Oh week conference? You see, I can't wear it.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: How do we wear o Joe? He goes to an HBCU, does what he does? You say the level of competition? Now he goes to a D one and now you say, what the conference's weak?
Speaker 4: Now when he gets to the NFL, I wonder what's going to be the excuse? Then when he comes in and actually changes the franchise around. Same thing with Cam Wore, Can Warri's a little different. Cam Warri's approach to the game and the way he conducts himself is a little different. Everybody's personality is different. Yes, person not easy, then I all won't be the same.
Speaker 1: Some are.
Speaker 4: Noah, I wasn't quiet, It's sure, but who you're telling? So expect me to be TD Listen, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: That wasn't quiet.
Speaker 2: I'm joking. I'm talking and walking yep. But for talking and walking. Yes, Quinn Yours says he is the best quarterback in the draft. Overcame it should do. I think I'm the best in the class and the most ready for an NFL and most ready for the NFL because of what I've been through. I think I'm the most ready for the for the situations that occur in the NFL. Injuries, playing through tough injuries, having a big name behind you, continue to play through that amount of pressure, continue to be confident after being bitched.
Speaker 1: It's hard to do.
Speaker 2: I'm matured a lot, and then all the injuries I had to deal with and come back from.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't trade it. It's the reality of the position.
Speaker 2: Stuff's gonna go wrong, and I have a plan of attack for pretty any situation that can arise.
Speaker 1: I like it. You got to be at seat. There we go. Yeah, once again, he's spewing it in a different light.
Speaker 4: He's spewing the same type of confidence and brashness that they're talking about that you do or did, but in a different way.
Speaker 1: He just spinning it in a different way.
Speaker 5: Yep, he was in his history, his past experience. I'll tell you why he's available as the best player ahead of the two that.
Speaker 1: Might be in front of him.
Speaker 4: That's very brash. Why are you telling us that same thing. The delivery in just different.
Speaker 2: Every player, every player in the draft believed they're the best player in the draft.
Speaker 1: He did go through a lot. He went to Ohio State, couldn't get on the field. He leaves and go to Texas.
Speaker 2: Uh. He came with much fanfare, got booed and wanted arts. Yeah, he had to play through Andrews. Yeah, he's gone through a lot. Now you have to, I mean, you have to be resilient. You have to be able to come partmentalize the I'll love you one week, hate you the next. But you have to believe, have a strong belief in yourself.
Speaker 1: O Jo.
Speaker 2: That's the number one thing. Never let them take your confidence, even all the bulls, even if you get benched. You made it this far. You made it this far to give up, to quit because now you have a little bit more adversity that you've ever gone through.
Speaker 6: And it said it take a totally your mental too. You know, it take a totally you mentally. You get Beck still for sure at the quarterback position. Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Well, I wish mister EWR is the best of luck. Jimmy Johnson retired from NFL coverage after thirty one years. Jimmy said, the most fun I've ever had in my career, that's counting Super Bowls and National championships was at Fox Sports. But I've made an extremely difficult decision that I've been thinking about for the last four or five years, and I've decided to retire from Fox. I'm going to miss it. I'm going to miss all the guys. I'm going I'll see them occasionally. It's been a great run starting thirty one years ago. Who do you see replacing Jimmy on Fox NFL coverage? Probably Gronk. The problem why they had Gronk sitting up there? You want that job now, I don't want to do it. I'm gonna do as many things as possible. I'm not sure if I could do it.
Speaker 4: To being be in two places, and one can imagine first take inside the NFL Fox Nightcap huh.
Speaker 2: But probably you have to understand normally networks like that, they're not gonna let you cross do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, don't worry about it now, mine, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna Stay'm gonna stay on the sacker. I enjoyed. Let me tell you what. Let me tell you something. I enjoy it.
Speaker 4: I have no problem flying to New York every Sunday night, you know, in joining you and steven A on Mondays and Tuesday. Now, the more comfortable I get in that setting, which which I felt, okay today a little shaky my mind.
Speaker 5: I got to be honest with you, because we family, I could talk to you like that.
Speaker 1: It's new for me.
Speaker 4: Inside the NFL. There was a certain level of comfort I had there. It's a different ball It's this is a totally different ball game. So I got in rhythm, you know, as we got towards the middle in the back end of the show. But I need to hit the ground running like like you and him. Yeah, I need for y'all, y'all do that. As soon as we out the gate. Y'all hit the ground running. I said, God damn, now I got to catch up. I got to catch up.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get better as time goes on. But man, listen, I enjoyed that. I enjoyed that a lot. I enjoyed it a lot. Now I thank you again.
Speaker 1: Huh you hear me.
Speaker 5: I've been begging for a long time.
Speaker 1: I thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm like love, brother. Hey, you ain't no better. You ain't gonna be able to get rid of me.
Speaker 1: Broh, we'll be ready. Take me about eight weeks off. Whoa whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 5: So is it gonna be Nightcap just me by myself?
Speaker 1: No, it will be first take you by yourself. That's fine, that's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna take that kind of time off consecutive with uh with Nightcap. But you know, maybe a week I have a guess you and a guess. Then when you take off, I have a gas something like that. No, I'm not taking off eight straight weeks.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: Jorge fan posted a picture of set with Sammy Soci this weekend, and it's gone viral.
Speaker 1: Then it's gone viral. Yes, Sammy, Yeah, are you're trying to say what you want. Sammy. Wait, Sammy got on cubs outfit cubs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, they say, they say, Sammy, he's black again. Yeah, I saw that earlier.
Speaker 4: I thought somebody played around and photoshopped the picture, because how do you go from being black again?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, Sam it looked like them looked like the way brother the white chick. Oh yeah, Samon, darker whatever.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: You listen, Once you stop bleaching yourself, doesn't your doesn't your normal pigmentation come back on its.
Speaker 2: Own, not if you bleach it too much. He was probably on the abbit that altr that esoterical. You you remember the bleaching creams. They used to be bleaching cream Hey, anybody anybody my age older, nobody them bleaching creams. There was altru, there was Amby, there was no zema, and there's esoterical. Anybody know about them. Can't even know all of that stuff? You know?
Speaker 1: You know, oh bleach? Uh huh? You used to bleach. I'll been our life, kid, was a what a time, won't Joe? Okay okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Nah. I've been black my whole life, even when it wasn't popular it's back in the eighties because you know, back then it wasn't popular at all, od Joe, it wasn't populative like the Night Is where Michael Jordan hit, Wesley Snipes hit. Oh you know you had you had the the Barge brothers. You had a l and Chico de Barge. You had al be sure you had all the all them brothers with the good hair and the skill.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So nah, I've been black by popular man since sixty.
Speaker 5: Eight, same same since seventy two.
Speaker 2: Glad that you're back, Savy and Ohio school basketball players pull the Draymond watch the video, Joe.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, that that was no accident. No, they don't know that.
Speaker 4: That was no accident. Now, what was the point of doing that? Hey, buddy, buddy who hadn't bringing the ball up. Must have been given him that work. Huh he did it in the playoffs. Oh boy, must have been cooking them.
Speaker 1: That's what I just said. That's the only time.
Speaker 4: That's the only time they try to slow you down or do something. They do some egregious that had nothing to do with the game, had nothing to do with playing defense.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I'm just I wonder if they threw buddy out after that, or you just get a get a flavoring.
Speaker 1: Nah. Hell, they probably threw him out of the game. What do we know what happened? And you know they ain't got no insot replay. I mean he folded up like a lawn chair quick.
Speaker 5: Any time you hear.
Speaker 1: You're going down. Every time.
Speaker 2: They called an intentional file he wasn't ejected or a flagrant file man. They're doing too much. We'd have to, oh Joe, we'd have to get him back, but.
Speaker 4: It's hard to do that in the game of basketball, sat The only thing you can do is set a screen.
Speaker 1: Real rip, that's it, and I'm about cool. No, you set a screen for him and then he run into that elbow. Can't put your elbow up on the screen. Huh you can't. Got by your side. I get it back. See I just got it back. Oh yeah, shoot shoot me. I ain't saying it's gonna be a legal screen. Running mans did running man did? See right now? Look, I think nice is sharp.
Speaker 5: And hit him right there on the side of on the side of the head.
Speaker 2: We ain't looking to open him up like a right mellon, Oh Joe, New York spoil the Athletic Commission is ruined the tank versus Roach kneel down the all decision could be overturned. The New York State Athletic Commission is reviewing the matter involving Saturday's match between LaMonte Roach and Javonte Davis doing the riding question following the Commission's requests for a replay video. Uh, there was a technical issue preventing the Commission from receiving it within the allotted time for the review.
Speaker 1: Right, would you be okay if they overturned the decision? No, I wouldn't. It's a draw.
Speaker 5: It came out of draw. Regards to how we feel about the fight. The outcome is outcome.
Speaker 1: You would be okay if they overturned it. I wouldn't be. I wouldn't be. Dun't don't don't know overturn anything, don't No, So you would be You would be against it if they were to overturned.
Speaker 4: It, Yeah, I would because I want I want to see the rematch. I want to see the rematch. I wanted to stay a draw despite it, despite them where it should have been a knockdown with the knee. Now, I think if they got it right the first first time, if they got it right the first time. I think Lamart wrote to Wins on the score card because they ruled that as a knockdown. But since they didn't, I don't want you going back and reversing the decision after the drawer has already been made.
Speaker 5: Let's set everything up.
Speaker 1: For the rematch. I'm good. I like that. Yeah. Oh yeah, that was a good That was a good fight.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That was that was a good fight. Man, Lord had mercy.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, Granny says, don't come back over unless you bringing back her containers. My grandma said, don't bother coming over if you don't bring back her containers.
Speaker 5: Granny, don't play by that tumbleweare now you talk about tub ofwap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody took my tumbleware and just want to take their time and just oh they ain't real tupperwar back. They did that for a couple of months. Oh but hey listen, well you know I got it. Yeah, I know you got it, but I want it. Put my food in my hands, so you're my food like this, put my hands in the freezer off.
Speaker 1: My grandma ain't played by her tuplewear boy, y'all.
Speaker 5: And she got to use to take a lunch to the work now, and please.
Speaker 2: Man, we just put we ain't have no tuble wear like that. Man, we put looming and fall on top of everything. You we have no lids, hey, y'all. Maybe y'all did we ain't have no lids in the seventies and eighties. Food just be all out or you put looming and fall over the top of it. Yeah, I bet, I bet, I bet you have.
Speaker 1: I bet you didn't.
Speaker 5: You didn't keep your grease and the and uh and the coffee and the coffee being the coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah that Maxwell put it on right on the right on the stove. Now we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't live the same life. Come on now, yeah, hey, like I said, I ain't know nothing. I ain't no tuberwar. We ain't have no tuberwear, right, I mean we had. You know, our drinking glass was old, great junk, was a great jelly. Jo yallah. Water it's creaty, it's creating the thing off the side of it. You ain't brought no drinking glasses.
Speaker 1: Same shame. Yeah, I remember the whole thing all.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I don't. I ain't know nothing about this until I got there, till I was in the NFL. I ain't know nothing about no tupperware. I heard people mention it, but we didn't have that. Like I said, my grandma put looming it for Hey, cover that dish, boy, looming them for cover it up.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm just thinking about breakfast man back in the days. I don't know if you know about quake olds. Listen, I remember my granddaddy man either. I asked for two things for breakfast, are either quake olds old meal or cream and weat. I don't know if you remember Queen Marie and he would use the evaporated milk and that come in to white cans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, yeah, I didn't know you weren't supposed to drink that milk. I didn't know you wasn't supposed to drink it. I didn't know that you supposed it blends you made you make cakes and stuff with that. I didn't know you weren't supposed to drink it. But I wanted me and my brother to wonder, like, man, while we have a time we drank this milk, our stomach be told.
Speaker 1: It's too damn thick. I don't know what. I don't know what was in there.
Speaker 2: That's all we had, Hey, we get some get some water and that can milk. Boy drank some of that can? Okay, put a little water now, yeah, hey now, and uh it had to be the milk had to be really spoiled. I mean it almost had to be claver. You know what clavert is like it's coagulated.
Speaker 1: It was like that.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't drink it. But hey, if it's just a little spell. Oh you got to go into cereal. You got going up in here. Hey, my girther like you be okay boy, yeah you but uh yeah, my grandmother wouldn't. Hey, you're gonna be told the dish out there were looming the fall over. You weren't getting no tumbleware, so.
Speaker 1: You were good.
Speaker 2: Oh your nine. Time for our final segment of the evening. It is time for Q eight. Thanks grabbing on time Marley's five JB. JB did guard Luca in the finals, but the MAVs put their worst defender on him, Luca on the other end of the court. That's not giving the best player on their own your own team. J T all the way.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, bring that to me one more time, she said. JB did guard Luca in the Finals.
Speaker 2: But the MAVs put their worst defender on him, Luca on the other end of the court.
Speaker 1: That's not giving the best player on your own team.
Speaker 2: J T all the way he said, Yes, JB guarded Luca, but Luca in turn guarded JB.
Speaker 1: So JB had a weaker defender guard him. Okay, I like that.
Speaker 4: Well now that just that's just one series. Now, well it's just one series. Now we talk about the complete series. JB looked like that guy, not just that one scenario she's talking about. Yeah, yeah, yeah, look like that the entirety of that playoff series in general and its totality.
Speaker 1: Isaiah Lancaster, what's good? O Joe?
Speaker 2: Two questions? What's the greatest Super Bowl run in league history? And what are your top five cities with the best food?
Speaker 1: I mean, I ain't. I ain't the best super Bowl run. Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean you got to take somebody with a wild card. I mean, it'd been pretty good, but I mean we were a wildcard team.
Speaker 1: Somebody went nine and eight.
Speaker 4: I can't remember what year it was. Somebody went nine and eight, they were wild card and won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Maybe lighting them. I think light was about have been ninety ninety ninety.
Speaker 2: Seven clients Steelers. Yeah, and the Broncos the ninety Yeah, that's tough. I'm gonna say I'm biased. I'm saying ours because we beat the defending champs on at the end of our Super Bowl run, right.
Speaker 1: Uh, we were twelve and four, so we beat a thirteen and threeteen. What was the steal?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh, the Steelers. I think the Steelers was twelve and three. Was for twelve and four to two.
Speaker 1: But they won.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Oh, Jo, they won the division, so obviously they got home home field.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, best one of your top five cities with the best food, O Joe. I'm not a foodie like that, so I don't really go out. I got you, okay, what you got New Orleans first? Okay, But nobody said we can argue Chicago Miami because it's a melting pot. It's a melting pot of every culture and every ethnicity. They have restaurants there in their own communities. LA.
Speaker 4: You can get a little bit of everything in l A and five the round things out. Ah, I said Chicago, I said in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: You don't like New York. I'm gonna go I'm gonna I'm gonna go in New York. I'm gonna go in New York.
Speaker 5: New York has some really, really really good gems. You would have to really know and.
Speaker 4: Understand the city, and especially if you are if you're a local and't know where they hit all the spots. But but those those those five places, especially New Orleans, we talk about four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that.
Speaker 2: Man, give me Memphis, I'll take I'm gonna take Memphis, Houston, New York, Chicago, I'll give you New Orleans.
Speaker 1: I don't really care. I ain't in the shell.
Speaker 2: I ain't in the shellfish like that, and they put them out of crab and stuff in it and all that. But I can see a lot of people say New Orleans. But I'm gonna go. Kevin, You're up. I'll bet you the Calves go farther in the playoffs than the Laker, whoever wear is getting the fifty two hundred from out Yo, want to go out on the mam cava.
Speaker 4: Every time I think you forgot about that fifty two hundred, somebody in the chat bring it up cause they know you old pook. Yeah I'm not, Oh, but listen, long as long as that long as I owe you. You know what you talked about you saving, right, So I'm saving.
Speaker 1: I'm helping you save. I'm say that money for you, my money drawing interest in your pocket.
Speaker 5: Listen, whatever the interest is, you let me know what I'm gonna get to you.
Speaker 1: No, give me my money and let me draw interests on it. That's that's what I need. Dude said.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe had a smile on his face seeing you, had a smile on my face seeing you on first take and grabs.
Speaker 1: Oh, how do you think?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yo? Did the first is?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Did today on first take? He did well?
Speaker 2: He was there for the entire show, so that that lets you know he wasn't just there for football segments. He stayed through the entire they of the show.
Speaker 4: A matter of fact, my my weakest part of my game, especially when it comes to conversing and talking sports, basketball, fastball. Look, I'm trying to get to the point like you and Stephen they can get for Listen, y'all get to go in and get the talking and and diving deep in And I'm like, man, what the hell?
Speaker 1: What well? When I can do when I can do that, listen, I can get I can reverse in soccer. I can converse in football, I can talk.
Speaker 4: Baseball, I can talk hockey. But if I can get to the point where I can talk back basketball the way you can the way he watch it or Perk or Jeorge so Dono or uh Tim Legger Man listen, but y'all ain't gonna be able to put me off TV.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Uh Doctor Frankiel Bellaman O Joe pulled up at first take looking like he was about to debate sports. Signed a max contract and close on a mortgage all before lunch. Happy to see y'all together on first take things, Doc, appreciate the support.
Speaker 4: I clean up well now you know I'm a representation of Nightcap, so I gotta be shown you cleaned up now, I gott I gotta.
Speaker 2: Be Shawn Sir Kate's said, what's up, guys To questions, O Joe, how can the Bengals this offseason change up?
Speaker 1: Uh the slow starts so they can get back into the title picture?
Speaker 2: And who should my Panthers look for the draft to help Bryce Young and the team A wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Office aveliabment? Go ahead, Oh Joe, what do you think the Bengals can do? I mean listen out the gate.
Speaker 4: Just be a little bit more aggressive after gate, be aggressive through everything in the kitchen, sing at whoever it is we playing.
Speaker 1: There's no reason we should have lost that game to New England.
Speaker 4: There's no disrespect to no disrespect to the patris. I think they maybe want what four games all season along something like that. You know, there's no reason why we should come out the gates slow. And not only did we do it last year, we did the year before that and the year before that. You know, even the year when we had the Super Bowl run, we lost the first two for the season. We got to find a way to start fast.
Speaker 5: We're not playing behind the eight ball having to rely on teams to lose on the back half.
Speaker 1: Of the season. Yes, hope so and so lose because they give us a chance to squeeze. Then no, take care you bit this early in the season.
Speaker 4: You know, in the back end, you don't have to worry about nobody else. Yeah, everything is in your control, like control of my own destiny. Yess u, Kimber know what jun you said.
Speaker 2: Oh my question is, would you, oh cho be a guest star on the sitcom like Neighborhood or Popa's house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 4: I was like, listen, no, I'm I'm I'm a regular on sitcoms, you know, making guest appearances for those that don't know. In the chat, you know, I was on the game.
Speaker 1: But I was on a game. I did Shark Hand do.
Speaker 4: God, I'll see it's another's three more shows I did and I can't remember, but it's something about, Hey, when you do TV like that, there's a saying. It's called hurry up and wait? Unk you be there all day?
Speaker 1: You do? You be there all day? That's that's the anything. You don't have to tell me anything. I know.
Speaker 2: You're being on commercial shoots for thirty seconds, You're out there twelve hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, jl Aker, what's up about disturbing? Ever?
Speaker 2: Flex on you for snitching on him? No, caud guess what I would tell again? I mean, snitching is not a one time thing for me.
Speaker 1: I was good.
Speaker 2: I did it for a number of years and I didn't even have to go into the witness protection. I was walking around there broad daylight. Do what I tell again, I'll do it?
Speaker 1: What? Hey, why are you laughing? They already know? Hey, Dad said great job, night cap? Uh?
Speaker 2: How did you handle leaving CBS Sports and Oh Cho? How did you handle going from the Patriots? Basically adversity and a new system. Look, I appreciated the opportunity that CBS gave me, uh Sean McManus and Tony Batiti. Sean mcman just retired from CBS after twenty five years. Tony Pettiti, he runs the Big ten now, he was my first boss. I went in and slot down and talked to him, had a great call with him, had a great talk with him. They basically offered me the job on the spot. To this day, every time I see Tony Ptiti, nothing but love. He ended up leaving going to the MLB Network and so Sean was there. Look, they wanted to go. Tony Gunzales was a fresh face. He was a bigger name, and they wanted to move in a different direction. I appreciate the opportunity they gave me for ten years. Although I knew I had a lot more knowledge than just football knowledge. I needed something to like what they were doing on first tape, but they had all the slots. So I had to do my own thing for two years and with Skip left, I went on. I filled in for steven A for a week, filled in and the rest of it, as they say history. I don't begrudge leaving any place because you gave me an opportunity.
Speaker 1: I got ten years out of that ten years.
Speaker 2: It kept me close to the game of football, allowed me to talk about the game of football. I meant one of my best friends, fred Shamisu camera three. You heard me talk about it the other day. Look, I got along with everybody, Tony, everybody. Greg was great to me, Boom PK Pat Kerwin, we got along great coach Kyward, Danny.
Speaker 1: It was just time to move on, and I don't begrudge it. I love that.
Speaker 2: I love my time to see JB. I still stay in touch with some of the guys, Me and j mainly me and JB, Me and Freddy. We talk occasionally, not like we used to. But nah, it was a great opportunity.
Speaker 1: And you learned.
Speaker 2: But yo, man, after a while, you can't get mad at every time. You know it's time for you to move on. Keep your head high. I leave the same way I came in there. I came in there as a prideful I came in there with my head high, with dignity. I'm gonna go out the same way. Got seven years, seven years at Fox. Appreciate the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Man, the friends.
Speaker 2: Look, it was different because when you go somewhere every day, oh Shoe, like I did at Fox. You know the wardrobe, Autumn and Tracy, you get to know them on a first name basis. You see them all the time. And when you with bread and jumpsuit and all those guys in the stage manager, with Johnny and Karen and oh man, it was great wardrobe. They asking me, you know, what do I do?
Speaker 1: What I need? Man?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't trade I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything because it helped me get better at what I do currently. Nightcap Club, shay Shade, going on first going on first take, it's different. It's not as debate, it's not as much one on one as that I used to it first undisputed. But man, all those experiences helped me to get right here. How was your experience at the Patriots?
Speaker 1: I mean it was awesome. It was awesome.
Speaker 4: The transition obviously coming from Cincinnati seeing the way one organization is running and going to New Wing and understanding what the Patriotay was and being able to see and I have a great understanding. Okay, this is the way they run things. You know, it's very, very militant, very militant style. Never been part of the Navy, Seals or the Marines.
Speaker 5: But if I had to take a guess on what it's like being there, it was something like being part of the Patriots.
Speaker 4: Every instructure, everybody's very disciplined. Everybody's expendable keyword. Everybody's expendable except twelve except everybody is held accountable as well. Everybody's on the same same plan field. No special treatment for nobody. Obviously, I got there a little late. I wish i'd have been there a little earlier so I get a better grasp of the offense. A lot of people say, well, he didn't know the players listen from team to team, nothing changes from an offensive perspective, outside of the verbs and the way the players are called.
Speaker 1: Nothing nothing different.
Speaker 4: So it is so what what you do want and which I was hoping I could do was pick it up fast enough where I could play fast without thinking. You saw in Cincinnati, so you can't get that with so many other weapons around me and me trying to catch up to everybody else in the offense.
Speaker 5: Where Okay, we got to go, you got to go, and that and that, and that's what happened in that one year.
Speaker 1: It was it was.
Speaker 4: It was a great fit for me as a dominant, a predominantly outside receiver. That offense really didn't.
Speaker 5: Suit me well, even though Tom Brady is my quarterback, for the simple fact that my last name is a no.
Speaker 2: He'd liked to throw inside the numbers. That's why you say Edelman a mindola. You see Wes Welker. Those were the guy that kind of led at the tight ends always.
Speaker 5: And that's one of the few offenses in the NFL where where the offense is run from the inside out. But it's completely different than any other team.
Speaker 4: Most teams, obviously, you know your first reads or your outside guys and you work your way in. When it comes to New England, inside inside out, Gentelman, Welker, you had Gronk, you had Aaron Hernandez.
Speaker 1: Boom, Yeah, yeah, Troy Brown, yes, yes, So the office has always been like that. Listen.
Speaker 5: But I enjoyed my time there. I enjoyed my time there.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 5: Despite me not being a part of it from a productive standpoint, I still enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I really did. I really did, Big boy toys.
Speaker 2: Chad is low is a Chad is a low key genius. I think we need to start listening to him more.
Speaker 5: I need, I need, I need better context on that, on why he thinks I'm a genius.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't. I want to know. I want I want to know why he thinks that. I don't need no context. Yeah, I appreciate that. I appreciate it. Tell why you think I'm a genius, yeah, Kevin Brooks said.
Speaker 2: Coach Prime said, don't allow my confidence or to offend your insecurities. Also, the twins Ryan and Riley are now hitting homers in softball. Ryan qualified to compete at the Texas High School State powerlifted me. Don't supposed to know this, Kevin Brooks. No, I don't know if I know, keV, I was supposed to know. You broke well, I know, I.
Speaker 1: Know you're not cav What they do? Baby? Tell him boys, I said, congratulate you know it, won't you? No?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 2: Now? Oh, well, I'm thinking if they're hitting homers and softball, they're they're girls, they're women.
Speaker 1: The twins. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Hey, I got a question.
Speaker 5: Okay, can you can you say that that quote you just said from Prime that just just read.
Speaker 2: Off he said, Oh, don't allow my confidence to offend your insecurities.
Speaker 5: When people always say he's so humble or you need to be humble.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That quote fits very well with that. Yes, that quote fits very well with that, because you're telling me you want me to be humble, you want me to dim dim.
Speaker 1: My life, stop being who I am so you can show yes, So why you want me to dim my life? Why you want me to be humble? Does it?
Speaker 5: Does it offend you? Does it make you uncomfortable?
Speaker 1: Come on, now, get you get that?
Speaker 2: You get that a lot o yo, because a lot of times they look at people, look at people to have money.
Speaker 1: Man, I wouldn't have bought that. I don't know why he bought that.
Speaker 2: So if he doesn't buy it, does that make you feel better about yourself because you couldn't buy.
Speaker 1: Because see that's what you run into. Oyo.
Speaker 2: All right, now what I buy it? But I'm not gonna say if that's your money. Somebody works hard for the money. Who am I to tell what they should or shouldn't do. There are a lot o yo, coming from where we came from. Look at the stuff. I never thought I would spend twenty thousand, thirty thousand and fifty thousand, one hundred thousand dollars for a watch? What or one hundred thousand, two hundred thousand for a car. It's easy to say when you don't have it, what you wouldn't do, But when you have it, I'm just confused. So I don't do something to make you feel better about you? So time not cost. So if time doesn't be who he is, does that make you feel better about yourself? Does that give you more confidence? Or does it mask your insecurity that you possessed all along?
Speaker 1: I said, I hate when people use that word. Be humble, child, please?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh you need to be humbled, Oh Joe. That concludes this episode. Nice, nice love. Oh I got this some time to give me some sleep tonight be.
Speaker 1: To me too, me too, me too. I gotta be a early I know this is when the show started last night. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, we just concluded this episode of Nightcap brought to you by Boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boostmobile dot com to join their nationwide five G network Today y'all know me. I'm your favorite unc Shannon Shark, the Liberty City Legend, the Benga Ring of Fame, Artery, the Route Runner Extraordinary of the Pro Bowl, of the All Pro as Chad oh Yo, Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you for your support. We really appreciate that. Last night we had over twenty thousand to chat tonight. You got show up for us. Every night that we come on, you got show up for us. We appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. That's what I always say. Hit the subscribe button, hit the like button. Tell family, friends of loved ones man, y'all need to check out Unkno Joel Nightcap Man them Joe will be clouding. They give you some real life spell but they talk about a lot of stuff. Make sure you check out Shade by Laportier. We do have it in stock. What better way to celebrate a momentous occasion in twenty twenty five than with a bottle of Shade by La Portier. If you can't find it in a city or state near you. Ordered, we'll shiver it directly to your door. Please drink responsible and stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of its platform that's Shayshed Media and my clothing company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. Everything is restocked. We just dropped out souper shirt, show shirts and hats Lincolns paying at the top of the chat. Supplies are limited, so make sure you purchase yours before they're gone, because once they're gone, they are gone. The thunder beat the Rockets thanks to shay Gil just fifty one points. It's his fourth fifty point game this year. It's his fourth one in the last six weeks. I think with Tonight's performance and the way he's played all year, he's gonna be your MVP. And I don't think anybody's gonna argue about that. So that concludes this episode of Nightcap. Uh, he's old show. We will see you Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, we'll see you tomorrow morning. Yeah, we'll see you tomorrow morning. Nightcap will see you on Wednesday.