Speaker 1: NFL Game View is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Everybody Love in the Game debut was about her savings did have to play? I'm back with Fred Rose Withal and Cynthia Freeland week nine on the way we start on Thursday night and now we start to know more and learn more and maybe get some better picks.
Speaker 3: Greg, what are you talking about? I mean, uh what?
Speaker 4: We got to give Cynthia the love here. She had the picks last week, twelve and four.
Speaker 3: She's the queen again, crowner.
Speaker 5: What's this hand?
Speaker 3: I know at the beginning of it.
Speaker 6: Was such a negative tone. We gave you a cannon. But you had a perfect week.
Speaker 7: We've celebrated you, and then you can't.
Speaker 3: We're celebrating you. Put the crowd on.
Speaker 5: Let's let's look at the graphic.
Speaker 2: And Cynthia went twelve and four in the picks last week, jumping back into first place in our standings. I dropped a game back because the Chicago Bears didn't defend the Hail Mary.
Speaker 5: So that was a tough one.
Speaker 2: But Cynthia winning in life, not only because she's in first place in our Picks competition, but her Detroit.
Speaker 5: Lions have also won five straight.
Speaker 2: The Detroit Lions destroying the Titans last week fifty two to fourteen. The running game rumbled despite passing for just eighty five yards in the game, Jared Goff had three touchdowns.
Speaker 5: The Lions currently sit at first.
Speaker 2: In the NFC North at six and one, and so now they've got a huge matchup Sunday with the Packers, the top two teams in the division. Jordan Love back at practice Thursday. Lions playing their first outside games Cynthia.
Speaker 5: Does that matter?
Speaker 6: I mean, sure, but it's very fun, But it doesn't matter if we're the final score. I have Detroit winning this one by one easily. Point they need to wear those all blue jerseys more often because they don't lose when they wear those. My ferocious lying, Yes, that was fantastic, But when I'm looking at this one, I want to point out something about twelve personnel.
Speaker 7: So those two tight end sets.
Speaker 6: Not only do fantasy managers get a little bit mad that Sam Laporta is doing more in the blame game in this situation and not catching as many passes, but it actually makes both the run game and the passing game more efficient. So in the run game, like almost two yards per attempt more that's bananas. And in the passing game, this is an area where the Green Bay defense is top five most generous in both passer rating allowed and yards per play when opposing teams have used twelve personnel. So this is going to be a big key in this matchup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm right there with it.
Speaker 2: We can get that run game video going back, Cynthia, because I've got the Detroit Lions winning this one by two, twenty six to twenty four, because David Montgomery and Jamier Gibbs. Fun fact, the last five games, this offense has more touchdowns and incompletions. Montgomery has five of those. Jamiir Gibbs has five of them. Coincidentally, David Montgomery, where's the number five? They're both averaging over five yards a touch in that span.
Speaker 5: The offense is just really good right now.
Speaker 2: And I understand the memes Jared Golf Outdoors, I don't care. I got to pick the offenses playing this way right now.
Speaker 4: It might be a weather game though, if there's rain, but when you look at the two quarterbacks, one is fully healthy ones not. I have the Lions winning. All of us have the Lions threading the needle. So we have the Packers covering, but the Lions winning. And one of the reasons is the Lions are so good on the margins special teams. They are the best special teams unit in the entire league, according to DVOA, number one, partly because of this guy Khalif Raymond, who's been getting it done on putt returns. He had the big one last week, but he's been getting chunky returns even when he doesn't take it all the way to the house. Okay, you lose Jamison Williams on offense, you get Khalif Rayman in the mix on offense as well. But when you compare the special teams number one in the league compared to number twenty six or the Packers, Rich Basaccio was brought in there to save their special teams. They have a good punter, everything else is poor. Their return units are bad, their coverage units are bad. Maybe that's where the Lions win this game.
Speaker 6: If I'm ever in a bad mood, I just want that Khalif Raymond touchdown video because it's electric.
Speaker 2: Thank you got emotional talking about his wide receiver Leaf, who he affectionately refers to the Lions offense been on.
Speaker 5: A tear lately. You know who else was on fire?
Speaker 2: Last week again against the Bucks. Kirk O chains oh fun factor. Kirk highlight video against the Bucks was seventeen minutes long. The Cowboys and the Falcons in Atlanta on Sunday. Kirk O's squad is one four of their last five. The Boys have dropped two in a row.
Speaker 5: Is it three in a row? Cynthia?
Speaker 7: It is? It is in my math.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry Cowboys fans, I have twenty eight to twenty three.
Speaker 7: Congratulations Atlanta fans. In this matchup.
Speaker 6: I want to point out something about why Dak Prescott's throws have been being intercepted. So he has eight interceptions, which leads the league. They're all on downfield passes. But look at how much space his receivers have you ready?
Speaker 7: None negligible.
Speaker 6: The answer is all of these plays that you're watching, you're gonna see tight window throws. And when you have this many tight window throws, I don't care. If you are better under pressure than you are not under pressure, which Dak Prescott is according to all of his stats. Eventually things go poorly if there is no separation. So because they have so many injuries to their wide receiving cores and they're not really being super effective on early downs in the run game, this is leading to tighter window passes, which is leading to interceptions.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I look at this matchup and think like, this is a game. Actually the Cowboys off and should get it going somewhat, but this is going to be a shootout. Every Falcons game is a shootout. The Cowboys aren't built for this life. Kirko Chains is thirty to twenty four, and it's because he has so many weapons. It's not just the Cowboys with one player, it's the Falcons with Yeah, Drake Lendon's the one, but how about their number two, Darnell Mooney. No receiver in the NFL has run more yards this season just on the field running around than Darnell Mooney. He's on pace for over one thousand yards. When your number two is getting a thousand yards, When you're taking a guy who did not have a lot of production in Chicago recently and getting him that many buckets, that's what Kirko Chains does. Just assists Kyle Pitts is relevant. The running backs getting it done. I don't know how it's gonna go against good defenses, but the Cowboys are not a good defense.
Speaker 3: Falcons win a shootout.
Speaker 2: I've got a Falcons win as well, a lower scoring game than you guys, because I think the Falcons keep the ball on the ground a solid We were treated to the third ever by the way Bijon Robinson one hundred yard game ever in his career a couple of weeks ago against the Seahawks. I think Dallas Cowboys will provide another one here, also a solid potential for a Tyler.
Speaker 5: Algier game as well. Twenty eighth.
Speaker 2: The Dallas Cowboys are stopping outside runs, Atlanta's top ten in that metric. I think the trend holds here, and also think the trend of Dak Prescott under pressure holds here because, like Cynthia points out, if there's more pressure around Dak, he doesn't mind that because means there's less people to defend those passes. It's just a rough situation. We are all aboard the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 5: Let's do some math.
Speaker 2: Calculator outs in the Ceedee Lamb a season high one hundred and forty six.
Speaker 5: Yards against the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Does he go over or under eighty five and a half this week, Well he's.
Speaker 6: Gonna go on under one hundred and forty six, but over eighty six yards in this matchup, I told you that he's throwing. Dak Prescott's throwing into these tight windows. Well, it's because there are a lack of options. So if you're talking about where the volume's gonna go, it's absolutely gonna go to CD lamb.
Speaker 7: We've seen that before, we'll see it again.
Speaker 3: And by the.
Speaker 7: Way, if our scores hold, they will absolutely be throwing in the second half.
Speaker 6: So that kind of accentuates what we're talking about here for seedam.
Speaker 2: All right moving from that matchup in the NFC to a battle of five and three teams in the AFC. Considering how the year started for Denver's rookie quarterback, maybe the most improved player since Week one Broncos and Ravens, Denver has won five of the last six. Baltimore saw it's winning streak come to a close last week against the Browns, but I do think they bounced back here and get a twenty six to nineteen win, because let's honestly take a look at what it took for the Cleveland Browns to beat the Baltimore Ravens a week ago. Drops on offense, there was this one by Nelson Agilar. Here's one from Zay Flowers. Of course, there was the drop on defense. This one hit Rashad Bateman in the face. Kyle Hamilton had what would have been a game ceiling interception. The defenses, the defense of the Ravens staying late after practice to catch balls.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that necessarily works. Sometimes, as a.
Speaker 2: Couple days can happen when you try to catch the ball. Sometimes it doesn't work out. I think they actually hold onto the ball and gonna win twenty six nights.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, and yet I'm almost disappointed.
Speaker 4: Patrick's the Ravens guy here, and he has Broncos keeping it close covering this spread. Forget that we got the Ravens by twenty points in this game.
Speaker 3: You think that's disrespectful. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: So's that nine point spread, especially them getting over it. They added weapons to the number one offense in the league. Deontay Johnson is a Baltimore raven How.
Speaker 3: Much can he do in one week? We'll see this is a matchup.
Speaker 4: I think he could help them out quite a bit because He got Patrick Certan on one side, but can he really take out two receivers. No, he can take out Zay Flowers or Deontay Johnson. Then you got the other one getting after it. You have Rashad Bateman. Mark Andrews is playing better. The key point here is that they were the number one offense in the league before all this, and as good as Denver is on defense, here are the offenses that they've been going against. Gardner Minshew and the Raiders, Bryce Young and the Panthers, Spencer Rattler and the Saints and whatever you want to call the New York Jets, and what's happening there. This is a real offense their facing this week. I don't think they're going to be so great. I think the Ravens.
Speaker 6: Role, well, I'm just the buzzkill here. I'm going to go back to a score this a little bit more like Patrick's. I have Baltimore winning twenty seven to nineteen this week when I'm looking at what's going on in this bow Knicks situation where by the way, he leads all rookie quarterbacks in terms of offensive touchdowns, which I had to read that one three times just to make sure because those like Jaden Daniels. Nope, it is actually Bo Nicks. And why because he's really turned it up with Courtland Sutton.
Speaker 7: Courtland Sutton is.
Speaker 6: One of my favorite receivers in this entire league. You never hear him talk, you never hear him chirp, You never remember that he scores touchdowns, You never remember that he finally had one hundred yard game. This is an opportunity for him to again exploited defense that has been very generous in the passing game. It's not like the Ravens have sat there and been super strong against the pass. There are still a bunch of injuries to the defense too. As we're sitting here right now, we don't even have the final injury report on which defensive backs are playing. So I think Courtland Sutton could be in line for another big game.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll see how these scores shake out.
Speaker 2: But we are all, yes, you beautiful children, we are all aboard the Baltimore Ravens. The tennis reference from Sean mcman, we kind of get Steve Weisman in there. We gotta get some more Greg Rosenthal in the press room.
Speaker 4: It made no sense, though, it made no sense, and it wasn't a joke like he asked for laughter. You've been in that position too long. If he expects courtesy lasts.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that takes us to the Drive to Excellence presented by Mercedes Beins. Yes, time for the Drive to Excellence presented by Mercedes Beins. The Rams and the Seahawks at Loomenfield. Saw mcvay's team looked legit last week against the Vikings Seattle hoping to have DK metcalf back.
Speaker 5: What takes place in THEIA.
Speaker 6: Well, it's the upset technically, because the Seattle Seahawks win at home twenty four to twenty three, to a one point win in this matchup. Why well, when you look through all of the data, one of the things that was happening early in the season when they were winning was a lot of pre snap motion.
Speaker 7: You know who else says that, the Rams. But you know what happens when you do that.
Speaker 6: You get Kenneth Walker involved in this really interesting way. So once he starts to be a little bit more productive, especially on early downs, it opens up the playbook for later down play. If DK Metcalf's back, this makes it even better. More space on the field to work with but I think that if this game's going to kind of go the way Kenneth Walker goes, so if he goes well, plays well, then it goes by way of the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a lot of chaos in the game against the Buffalo Bills, including two malfunctions, a.
Speaker 7: Lot of chaos. Also a lot of chaos in the RAMS game too.
Speaker 6: We didn't even know until ninety minutes before a game that Puka and Aku was even possible to play, really.
Speaker 5: And so we know this going in more for Mike McDonald to prepare for.
Speaker 2: He did say on Halloween that he's optimistic about DK metcalf, which I think is huge. That may be close enough for me to make this pick. I'm going with the Seattle Seahawks as well. Well, just give Gino some options. I got a twenty six twenty five win, and maybe that return of Puka and Cooper Cup kind of taking attention away from this RAMS secondary and how they are dead last according to next Gen stats against the Play Action Pass. Also the Ernest Jones ultimate revenge game after being besmirched by the team, and now it goes to a division rival, Greg right before he gets a chance to play against.
Speaker 5: This old squad.
Speaker 4: How dare you you know who else is bad against the play action plass?
Speaker 5: Who's that?
Speaker 4: The Seattle Seahaw linebackers. I'm just scregging it up with the Rams. Love this Give it to me twenty seven to twenty four. Hey, it's two things. I love Gino Smith and my daughter Elis, who's a Rams fan. But I'm keeping it all in the family.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: I believe in this Rams team, and it's not because of the return of Pooka Nakua and Cooper Cup alone. It's because of the improvement in the pass protection for the Rams. And this turnaround started before they got Nikoua and Cooper Cup back. It really happened after they got out of their They've settled down those injuries. They're putting out the same lineup every week. Matthew Stafford hasn't been touched. I was up there in the cheap seats for this game against the Vikings and their offensive line dominated. If it wasn't the Rams, I think that would have been the story that Matthew Stafford was not touched at all. They were doing great things in the running game. I think they're a better offense in Seattle and they're maybe just as good a defense the Seahawks teams struggling on defense right now, all right, we're going to.
Speaker 5: Keep it in the NFC and move on to the Bears. Chicago. Avert your eyes. We're gonna play the thing again.
Speaker 2: Oh gut punch for Bears fans right there. Now, they face off against Kyler and the Cardinals, who won three of their last four is it four of their last five coming up?
Speaker 6: Since it's gonna be Chicago, so whichever way that one goes, we're going to go. Chicago wins this game twenty four to twenty two. I want to talk about the Bears blitzing, and I also want to talk about how the Bears defense is going to use last week as a quote teachable moment.
Speaker 7: When you blitz and you get an opportunity.
Speaker 6: To get after a guy like Kyler Murray, who is great when he outside of the pocket, outside of.
Speaker 7: Structure, that's awesome.
Speaker 6: You get a few wins in that part of the game, that phase of the game, things just start to go even better. Also, the secondary last week was a little out of control. However, that is where the good players become great players when they take that kind of moment, that bad moment and turn it into a really good moment. This is a great opportunity to turn that into an excellent moment for this whole defense.
Speaker 2: I've got a one point Bears win, Cynthia, going down from your two point win. I would feel a whole lot better if Kyler Gordon and Jakwan Brisker were off the injury report. If the Bears don't win this time, I will officially wait until those guys are back before I picked the Bears again. But I do think that they can lean on a solid ground game from DeAndre Swift powering the Bears to a win. Here in my pick, the Cardinals defense one of the worst teams in the league at defending runs out of the shotgun formation, and on two thirds of the opponent's rush attempts, runners get beyond the line.
Speaker 5: Of scrimmage before they are touched.
Speaker 2: I think that means good things for DeAndre Swift and good things for Caleb Williams in the passing game.
Speaker 5: Greg, I got a Bears win.
Speaker 4: I had a hard time with this game. I thought it was the hardest game to pick all week. It's the rematch of the they are who we thought they were a game. When you give me a chance to go with two straight favorites, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know who to pick. But let's take the Cardinals. Why not at home home favorite Kyler Murray Man.
Speaker 4: If he's playing his very best, it's like he can just solve the world's problems. I mean, he looks like the best quarterback in the league when he's playing that way that he did in Miami last week.
Speaker 3: This is a better Bears defense.
Speaker 4: Certainly, but I think some of the issues that you could create are on the ground and what Kyler can do there as well. So he made plays outside the pocket. He needs to be able to run the ball because I think it could be a big James Connor game. Let's put a pin in that for later. But ultimately, I just trust the quarterback more than where Caleb Williams at is at in his part of his career.
Speaker 2: Let's go Cardinals, all right, We've all got very very close games either ways. Let's get a little deeper in that and go this guy or that game guy, Cynthia. Which receiver more likely to have over fifty five receiving yards? DJ More or Marvin Harrison junr.
Speaker 6: Well, both of them is my answer, however, I think Marvin Harrison Junior is the one I want to go with in this matchup. I know we talked about I think the Bears defense is going to be good. It's a teachable moment. I just said all that stuff. Yeah, but fifty five receiving yards, that is a very low number, especially considering Marvin Harrison gets targeted.
Speaker 7: On deeper passes.
Speaker 6: So those are just bigger numbers and fewer amount of catches. We talked about Nodra Kwon Brisker, no Kyler Gordon. Potentially even if they're playing, maybe they're not one hundred percent. So I think the rookie has a really good game. Fifty five yards, that's that's that's a low ball, snowball right there.
Speaker 4: And they started to use Marvin Harrison Junior in more varied ways last week. They were using them on crossing routes. Have just been a lot of go balls deep down the field. But you saw the variety. He can do everything, so let him do everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of people reacting on social media website Twitter dot com in the first st half, Oh, they don't even use Martin Harrison Junior. Much to this chagrin, of the Miami Dolphins said they certainly did in the second half. Up next, We're going to believe land Jamis and the Browns shocked the Ravens last week.
Speaker 5: Can they do it again Sunday versus the Chargers.
Speaker 3: Is the sky the.
Speaker 5: Limit for this Browns team? Or is it the moon? Shout out to Jamos our thoughts coming up there.
Speaker 2: Timon sees the season presented by Caesar Sports Book as we look at whose soul is.
Speaker 5: Escaping through the hole that is gaping into the end zone?
Speaker 2: The first touchdown score odds Nick Chubb leading.
Speaker 5: The way with JK. Dobbins and then last.
Speaker 2: Week's Fantasy wide receiver two Lad mcconaukee at.
Speaker 5: Plus eight point fifty.
Speaker 2: Let's talk more about this Chargers Browns matchup. James has the dog pound, believing he's quoting Detroit legend Marshall Mathers.
Speaker 5: Two home wins in a row, Cynthia. Did they keep that going? Did they get to in a row?
Speaker 6: What they have to do is say and Manda bellionis because she's the real hero. She did not even laugh once during that whole interview. I don't know how she did it. Anyways, Cleveland wins twenty one to twenty. In my math, Jameis Winston's volatility works both ways. It's good and it's bad. We've seen this guy throw all of these amazing touchdowns. This time now to Cedric Tilman. You saw that nice deep one before. Here it is again and both he was wide open. Those are the playmaker in terms of pairings. This is who he's looking for, David and Joku and Tillman.
Speaker 7: That is it. So when you're looking in this game, in this.
Speaker 6: Matchup against the Chargers, who their injury report was long this week, so there was a lot of people potentially banged up.
Speaker 7: You know, West Coast team's coming East. I don't care about that as much.
Speaker 6: But I do care about the fact that they are missing some pieces, and I think Jameis Winston has enough of that kind of I'm gonna do this no matter what in him, that hoodsport, whatever you want to call it, that he's going to actually make those deep passes again targeting Siman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there were some just errant passes from Jamis.
Speaker 7: With it both ways, baby, normally.
Speaker 2: You know it's sometimes is the decision. Last week was the execution for Jamis, and he had the Browns singing for a moment, But I don't think the curtains close on the Browns win here. I think it's nineteen seventeen Cleveland and let's not lose ourselves in Jamis Mania. This pick is about the Browns defense. In the past three games, they have played three top twelve offenses three weeks in a row, held them to an average around twenty two points. Miles Garrett, this Brown's defense. I know the big loss of Jeremiah Wilson Cormoa last week is going to have a factor here, but the Chargers only average about eighteen points. Anyway, Greg, it's just tough for me to pick them in this instance on the road.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not tough for me.
Speaker 4: Once again, you guys are giving me a favorite, Just Gregg.
Speaker 3: It's a just Greg kind of show.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 3: I like James Rae, now that's.
Speaker 5: Three piling up.
Speaker 4: I like Jameis Winston, but I'm a justin Herbert stan I mean what he did last week against the Saints it got me really thinking this is going to be a different Herbo. That's Carl Granderson, about two hundred and ninety pounds.
Speaker 3: Draped all over him in the end.
Speaker 5: Zone.
Speaker 3: Get off me.
Speaker 4: I'm not taking that safety. And then later in the game, all right, he's back to pass. How about we see the Justin Herber of old who would run like this. Actually, this servert never existed. This is the longest run of his whole career. He's not even going out of balance, He's lowering his shoulder. I just love the aggressiveness. I love the arm strength, I love the athleticism. These two quarterbacks are not the same. They're both ugly teams. Good defenses.
Speaker 6: Charges are better Herbo or Gino Smith. You have to pick what you can only stand for one of them.
Speaker 3: I guess I go Gino there.
Speaker 6: Okay, just make sure. I just want to make sure my world order is still intact.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that's why he gets out of bed at all.
Speaker 2: That was seized the season presented by Caesar's Sportsbook. Folks, download the Caesars Sportsbook app, official sponsor of the NFL. New users places your first bet up to one thousand dollars. If you lose, you'll get it back as a bonus bet. Use promo code TV one thousand. Must be twenty one or older. See Caesars dot com. Backslash promos for the full terms. Folks, election is coming up. We all need to be ready to show up big for our country. Make sure you know your states voter registration deadline and requirements, as well as have a plan for Tuesday. For more resources and information, visit NFL dot com slash votes. Time for us to make some quick picks here. On game day, you will start with the Dolphins and a rematch against the Bills in Orchard Park. Any chance to what in the Fins get the upset here?
Speaker 3: Great, there's a chance, yes, but it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I got the Bills winning this game twenty seven to twenty, so I have them covering the spread too, because look, Mike McDaniel has a Sean McDermott problem, and this Dolphins defense is gonna have a James Cook problem. The whole AFC might have a James Cook problem. Running behind one of the best offensive lines in the league, steamrolling.
Speaker 3: What's in front of him.
Speaker 4: Can run tough, can run fast, And I just think defensively, the Bills are so solid that they can hit you different ways. Offensively, McDaniel's offense is kind of the same year after year, and the Bills have done a good job against it. Whereas the Bills offense, it's different week to week. They just have a lot of different flavors. I think this is a tough matchup for the Dolphins.
Speaker 5: All Right, we're all on the Bills. Let's go to the Jags and the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Once upon a time, Doug Peterson led Philly to a Super Bowl win. There's a statue of him outside the link. There's also a statue of Nick Foles. Will Dougie p get revenge?
Speaker 7: Sinthy No, the revenge will be gotten on him.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 6: Twenty eight nineteen is my score in this matchup. I want to talk about AJ Brown and Jalen Hurts connection because deep passes, the touchdowns. In terms of a duo, they lead the league in these metrics. I like a deep pass in this game. I like several deep passes in this game. And that's an area where the Jags defense has had plenty of issues. So I expect another massive game for AJ Brown.
Speaker 2: All Right, again, unanimous, We're all on the Eagles, Raiders, Bengals in Cincinnati. Joe Burrow says this is a must win game, and that's why not. I don't think the Cincinnati Bengals are going to try extra hard and win the game. But I do think Joe Burrow as well as Jamar Chase are going to have solid games they get the win here twenty six to twenty three. We love coach lou we love the Bengals. We want them to be better. Here's the good news for the Cincinnati Bengals defense. They're going up against the offense.
Speaker 5: That is dead last in rushing efficiency. They are orders of magnitude.
Speaker 2: Worse than a team like the Dallas Cowboys at running the ball. It's rough for the Raiders, and I think that's enough for Cincy to feel good about a win.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: Mahomes and Bakers square off again Monday night in Arrowhead.
Speaker 5: Congratulations to Patrick Mahomes. He wish he would have won that game.
Speaker 2: He's won every game against Baker Mayfield that he's had in the NFL.
Speaker 5: And I think that.
Speaker 2: Trend continues in Tampa Bay Falls twenty five to eighteen here because I know that there's a lot of people stat watching and look at Patrick Mahomes and being like, ah, this is it. We got folks tweeting at Greg saying, get Patrick Mahomes off. Quarterback Island. Look at the Chiefs on third down. They are number two in the NFL in converting their third down attempts. Coincidentally, Tampa Bay the only team that's better. But a lot of those third down conversions came when they were fully healthy at wide receiver. I think that would help. I'm not even sure it would matter, because the Bucks defense has really fallen off.
Speaker 5: I got a chief swin here, guys.
Speaker 4: I have a Chiefs win as well. I'm going thirty one to twenty two, and part of it is it's about this Todd Bowles Bucks defense. It's just not the defense we're used to seeing. At the linebacker position. They're getting picked apart. I mean Kirk Cousin his eyes get big when he sees the Buccaneers come to town. I think Patrick Mahomes will too. I mean Mahomes said he wanted to be like Aaron Rodgers. I mean he's topped him in titles. He's catching up in MVPs. And I think this is the night because of this Bucks defense and all the big plays that they give up in the run game and especially in the passing game that come Tuesday morning after this one's over, everyone's like Oh, the Chiefs are back the offense that we expected to see, the old explosive Chiefs. They are unbeatable because a lot of offenses look unbeatable when you face this Buccaneers defense.
Speaker 7: I love that. That's funny.
Speaker 6: I have a win to with only eight points more modest twenty eight to twenty. In this matchup, I want to point out some differences on defense. But first, Drew Trankwill needs some love for last week's game.
Speaker 7: He showed out.
Speaker 6: When you're watching this defense and you're thinking about all the different ways that they're really excelling this season, sometimes we forget about that linebacker level. Drew Trankwill in this particular game against the Raiders was ever reware and it was really interesting and good to see him. Plus he's really good at chess, and so that's how I know him, which is fun to watch. He's a very good chess player. He's out there playing chess. Everyone else is playing checkers. And they also got josh Ucha and that's going to be interesting because some people were like, oh, he's a situational pass rusher type of thing. Sure he may not plan every down, but you know where he fits really well.
Speaker 7: The situation that the Chiefs are in.
Speaker 6: So I'm curious to see how that's going to fit in this matchup, specifically because we know Baker Mayfield's going to want to slang the ball and we know Katetton is going to be his target because they always like to look at the tight end, and tight ends have been in an area where the Chiefs have had some yardage deficiencies. So I'm curious to see how it all pieces together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of chess, not checkers. Brett Veach, the GM of the Chiefs. Oh, he's doing the moves that the pay fits used to do. You bring a guy in at this time of the season, he wasn't doing much else. Or suddenly you'll see Josh Uch with one and a half sacks in the divisional round for the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: In another one, mark.
Speaker 6: My words, they're gonna go like get a corner and then make this whole thing, And you're.
Speaker 7: Like, what is why are teams letting him do this? They're running away for that Breth Beeach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, other teams in the AFC, you can try to the seven and zero of the Chiefs, the only remaining unbeaten team. It wasn't too long ago, the Vikings also had a perfect record.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: However, since then after that five and zero start, Minnesota has dropped their last two games, despite all three of us picking them to beat the Rams. Last week, LA put it on the Vikings, Darnold looked off, Matthew Stafford smoked Brian Flores' defense for four touchdowns, bringing us to Kevin O'Connell's team needing a bounce back Sunday night against the Colts. They benched Anthony Richardson in favor of Joe Flacco earlier this week.
Speaker 5: Does that work out for a win, Cynthia? Nope, Nope.
Speaker 6: Twenty five to nineteen is my score in Minnesota wins this one, justin. Jefferson still on the team as far as I'm concerned. And if you look at where the deficiency in this Colts defense is, if you're gonna give him single high which they do at the eleventh highest rate this season, it's not going to go well for you. He averages four yards per route run. That's the second highest in the NFL.
Speaker 7: By the way.
Speaker 6: Overall the Colts have been giving up oh you know, a measlely thirteen point two yards per reception to wide receivers. This year, Justin Jefferson averages ninety two point three such yards.
Speaker 7: In a game.
Speaker 6: It's just not a good matchup for the things that the Colts defense has been doing or maybe not doing in this case, and it is a great matchup for Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 4: So I agree Vikings win this game, get back on track, but I don't agree about the posts brand.
Speaker 3: I think the Colts keep it.
Speaker 4: I don't agree it's twenty six to twenty three, so that the Colts cover and the Vikings win in part because they're adding another weapon to their offense.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to football. TJ.
Speaker 4: Hockinson just a trusty pair of hands for Sam Darnold to throw to mean what a surplus of weapons Darnolds has having Hockinson as an outlet in addition to the great running game that they have in addition to Addison and Jalen Naylor and obviously Justin Jefferson. Hockinson's very good at finding the zones and settling into them and finding open space.
Speaker 3: That's what the Colts give you.
Speaker 5: I do think the.
Speaker 4: Colts are a better offense with Joe Flacco, especially against the Splits, and I think they're a better defense than they were about a month ago because they're healthier there. DeForrest Buckner will help them out.
Speaker 2: It helps them out, But I still have those concerns. It's tough to look away from the rush defense stats and see the Colts giving up the second most running yards in the entire NFL, right there behind the Carolina Panthers. I'm looking at a man that we call the barometer. Aaron Jones is the barometer for this Vikings offense's fewest yards per carry, and that Rams defensive line kind of kept him down to under three.
Speaker 5: Point two yards per carry.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the Colts can muster that kind of activity against Aaron Jones in a solid game from here.
Speaker 5: And I'll point at Greg because my score it's a.
Speaker 2: Lot like Cynthia's score in this one twenty four nineteen Vikings win. But yes, we are all aboard on the Minnesota So it come.
Speaker 5: The legend of Jayden Daniels keeps growing. The number two overall pick pulled off.
Speaker 2: The improbable last Sunday. Do the Commanders have any more magic left? Or could this week's match up with the g Men be a letdown? Our picks for the Commanders and Giants coming up next.
Speaker 5: We're back on Game Day.
Speaker 2: You upgrade your Sundays with NFL Plus Premium and watch live local and primetime games on mobile devices, plus NFL Red Zone game replays, shows like ours and more. Sign up today at plus dot nfl dot com. Subscription required for NFL Plus Premium. Terms and conditions apply. It's time now for Active Mic, presented by the Wells Fargo Active Cash credit Card.
Speaker 5: I love people looking for somebody to hard in moments like that. We all remember where we were when PJ.
Speaker 2: Walker hit DJ Moore and we came twenty two the longest air distance on a completed pass. All these happened in the final thirty seconds of a half, by the way, but Jayden Daniels now number three in the next Gen stats era.
Speaker 3: I do remember that PJ.
Speaker 4: Walker throw is maybe the best throw I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: It was a bomb on a big spot too.
Speaker 2: Not being facetious, it was an incredible throw, just like Jayden Daniels was. And now his commander's back in action, the Commanders taking on the Giants. How will Washington follow up last week's huge wing.
Speaker 4: Greg with a comfortable when in MetLife stadium. There's no home field advantage for this Giants team. I love this Washington Commander's defense. They've really turned things around since Week four. They are actually fourth in the NFL in EPA per play. Now, part of that is the opponents that they face, although Arizona and Baltimore's in there. But part of it is they've just simplified what they do and you got guys like rookie Jerry Newton coming in and playing fantastic. He created a lot of pressure last week, so you're developing young players. That's what Dan Quinn is really good at. This is a tough team who doesn't make a lot of mistakes, and they're gonna be booing Daniel Jones if you're trailing here, I would not want to be the home team when it's Giants. Commanders, Commanders, They're gonna win this game easy.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the Patriots in Nashville. We all agree on the Commanders, New England coming off of that big win over the Jets.
Speaker 5: But I do think Tennessee wins this.
Speaker 2: One eighteen to seventeen because of a guy that we're maybe forgetting, especially last week when the lines were going up and down the field. We saw Leif Raymond scoring all those points, Tony Pollard at ninety four yards in that game, Tony Pollard averaging right around four yards and carry this season playing very well. I don't necessarily know which quarterback it's gonna be. I would prefer Basin Rudolph for this one. If I get Levis News, perhaps I call our state producer Hythelm and I'd say, hey, maybe I'll switch my pick. But we all agree the Tennessee Titans get the win in Nashville.
Speaker 6: The best days are days when you pick a one point win. That's my favorites like nothing.
Speaker 2: Like confidence exuding on those fix of the Saits and the Panthers. Derek Carr should be bad for New Orleans, Bryce Young starting again for Carolina.
Speaker 5: Bryce Young get a win here or something.
Speaker 6: No New Orleans gets the win twenty four to sixteen.
Speaker 7: But I want to point out Chris.
Speaker 6: O'lave and on intermediate passes, specifically, who leads the league in terms of passing yards for play on those ten to nineteen air yard passes.
Speaker 3: Chris Olana, well Derek Carr.
Speaker 6: Chris Olave has been the subject of that and has about fifty three percent of his passes come at this distance. Point being it is a really good matchup for him against a defense that gives up almost twelve yards for play on such passes. They are the second most generous to those intermediate passes. The point is is Chris o'lave is going.
Speaker 7: To be in the end zone. We just know it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still think the right answer to the question is Chris Olio.
Speaker 7: Okay, fine, the right answer whatever, whatever you say. Pointy point ten.
Speaker 4: I know the Saints haven't won a game in a long time, right, it's been since Week two. But remember who they beat up on and one. It was the Carolina Panthers. They solve your offensive problems for you.
Speaker 5: Funk.
Speaker 2: Sunday at nine am Eastern, the Game Day Morning Crew gets you set before Week nine kicks off with Kyle Brant going with Jared Goff one on one ahead of his divisional matchup against the Green Bay Packers. Plus the guys explained what's wrong with the Dallas Cowboys, All that and more Sunday at nine am Eastern on NFL Nework.
Speaker 3: We've made Cynthia too short. Now She's not shorter than Ian.
Speaker 5: Come on, bring back giant Cynthia.
Speaker 6: I'm not I'm as tall as Gerald, but no, I'm actually just not short with an ian.
Speaker 2: We need Cynthia to be the exact same height as Gerald McCoy on that graph. I'm requesting that now as we get to write this down here on game debuts.
Speaker 5: Some predictions for Week nine lead us off good.
Speaker 4: Okay, we talked about James Connor and that Cardinals rushing attack. I love him getting more than seventy point five rushing yards.
Speaker 3: In this game.
Speaker 4: I think Kyler Murray helps set up James Connor with some of those rushing yards. And you think about where the Bears defense is vult I do believe it is against the run. They're built to stop the pass, and it makes you wonder are they built for twenty twenty four football? Because this Cardinals rushing attack they throw a lot of different things at you. They're very creative and James Connor breaks more tackles than anyone in the league.
Speaker 6: Speaking of breaking tackles, Vijehon Robinson is going to absolutely have more than twenty five receiving yards. That is somebody just maybe didn't see the number. It should be a lot more than that. But Ultimately, I think his opportunity here to break tackles against this Cowboys defense.
Speaker 7: Yards after the contact, yards after the catch. Both of those things are deficiencies of the Cowboys defense. So I think absolutely, Jean, go ahead, have it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's one catch, all right, win catch.
Speaker 2: Greg has a running back on the ground, so that they has a running back through the air. I'm going to take a running back through the air as well. Devon Hham. We'll have over thirty four and a half receiving yards against the Buffalo Bills. But Patrick, he hasn't hit that number a lot of times this season. Those are in games without Tuatungue of Ailoa at quarterback. With tua is in, thirty five is not even a concern. He had seventy four yards in the opener this past week. Devon han going well over thirty five yards sixty nine yards against Buffalo as well.
Speaker 5: I feel great about this.
Speaker 2: We feel great about all our running back picks here on write this down on game deviut and all our picks as well.
Speaker 5: But it's a very just Greg week.
Speaker 7: So pay it great folk three Just Greg to lead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's either gonna make or break my season. The last couple of seasons.
Speaker 2: Let's Go jes break this season a lot of the run I must win week for Greg Rosenthal.
Speaker 5: Next watching Game DEVIUT for ZIDEBA Mercedes Vin.
Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.