Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow, it's the clearinghouse of hot takes. Break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now in.
Speaker 1: The air everywhere. The Fifth Hour has arrived with me, Ben and Danny G Radio sliding into the weekend. A happy holiday weekend as we are hanging out with you and many people traveling today, well actually a lot of people were traveling yesterday, but people traveling today as well as heading out to all parts. I was looking at a story online and they were bragging about it's gonna set a record, like the most number of travelers in X number of years, and they've been all figured out and all that. But Danny G, I'm not going anywhere. I don't know about you, but I'm gonna I'm gonna hang out right here. I got nowhere to go. I already went to the Carolinas. I got another trip in a couple of months, so I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here.
Speaker 3: I am traveling, but it's for work. We're gonna be doing the Covino and Rich Show live from Tempe, Arizona at the Graduate Hotel, and that's later today. So this morning, after I produce this fine podcast, I'm going to bust and move to Burbank, fight with all the Memorial Day weekend travelers, and get my butt on an airplane.
Speaker 1: All right, I would how'd you schedule a holiday weekend? This is a terrible I trap by, wasn't my idea?
Speaker 3: Remember last weekend I told you it's the PAC twelve Baseball championship game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had mentioned something like, yeah, Pac twelve, this is it. They're done in PAC twelve. They said, it's like you know, a funeral. Yeah, last rights for the PAC twelve. It's all over. Is this the last championship for the PAC twelve or last tournament because football is a couple months away and then they that's when they flip over. The teams go to the Big ten or the Big twelve or wherever they're gonna go.
Speaker 3: This is it?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Interesting, enjoy Tempy. I like Tempe and fan. We remember last week we learned they're gonna get not in Tempee but in Goodyear, Arizona, which I think is the spring training home I want to see of like the Cincinnati Reds. I maybe I forget who's in good Year, but they're gonna get a BUCkies. But it's not there yet. So and today appropriate enough is National Road Trip Day. But you will not be road tripping. You'll be flying because that's how you roll, Danny. You will not be driving Arizona.
Speaker 3: Alther you could, man, the graduate gave me gas money for the jet. My man, you could take my personal jet.
Speaker 1: It's also National s Cargo Day today. Yeah, so you can enjoy joy that not a fan. That's clams. Is that clam? Oh?
Speaker 3: That's snail?
Speaker 1: Oh? Is it snail? Okay? Yeah yeah, yeah, I just know I don't want it. I didn't know it was some kind of shell thing and I don't really want it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Not only are the French a bunch of seas, they also like to eat snails.
Speaker 1: Racist. Well, we talked this week on the Overnight Show about those cicada bugs and that video that went viral this week of the two dudes at the baseball game in and I think it was in Alabama, and they were eating live cicadas. They were just grabbing them and dipping them in beer. And well, one guy dipped it in beer and he ate it. And then the other guy was with his daughter, you know, the girl dad, and he wanted to impress her, I guess, or he just wanted to get some some clout, so he then ate one. And then we had a bunch of people, I say a bunch. We had a few who live in like Nashville, who were saying that there was an infestation of these cicada bugs. They're just taking over as it's that time of the year and they're just massive amounts of these bugs are everywhere.
Speaker 3: So I wonder what they taste like dipped in ranch.
Speaker 1: Well, anything in ranch is terrible, now, I.
Speaker 3: Will tell you a wonderful that's wrong.
Speaker 1: That's a bad take. But if you deep fry them and maybe put dip them in chocolate. I know they were selling them in dipped in chocolate as a culinary delight a couple of years ago, remember that, But I don't know that that's still a thing. Probably is, probably is, But anything just covered in chocolate, if you can't taste it. You probably can't taste it other than old crunch. It's like eating chocolate almonds. I love chocolate almonds. I don't know that I want chocolate cicadas though probably probably not on my list. So we will have a battle update to battle update on this podcast. Also we have some foody fun and the word of the week if we have time for that, but we'll start with the battle updates. So you know, over my time at Fox Sports Radio, I do not look for battles. I do not. My mindset is not to engage. I am of the mindset that I'm a peaceful person when it So did this start, Danny? If someone challenges me, if someone takes a shot, a little potshot, then I have to respond. And we had a situation. We have a developing situation on the Overnight Show, and I thought this would be the perfect form since we have plenty of time here on the podcast. And this is where the hardcore listeners, the p one of P One's tune in because unlike the radios, are that you have to put extra effort in to get this podcast. So I consider you if you're listening to this podcast, you're like a higher level. Right, that's my own one man focus group. And when you know, you know, right, when you know, oh you know, and when you know that someone is challenging you, you have to respond. Otherwise what are you dan if you don't respond, If somebody challenges you and you don't respond, what are you a coward? Exactly? And who wants to be a coward? I don't want to be a coward. So the other day I got a message from one of my brigadier generals, Supermarket Steve. Now this guy is centially a lightning rod, Supermarket STEVEF. He doesn't call the show that often because he's working, thus the nickname Supermarcus Steve. But he sends me this manifesto and he points out that he's happy there's the pitch clock. And I'm paraphrasing this. I don't have it verbatim, so I know, Supermarket Steve, say, you got that. You didn't get that completely wrong? That's not exactly what I said. Well, kiss my ass, this is what I remember. That's what I remember, all right. So anyway, he sends me a message and he's like, Okay, I like the pitch clock because you're no longer covered up on A five seven. He lives in that, and you're no longer covered up because we would get covered up a lot, like three or four times a week. We'd get covered up because the damn Dodger game would go five and a half hours, and then they'd have an hour and a half postgame, and by the time we got on it was midnight or one in the morning or whatever. And so that doesn't really happen anymore because the games are all done in two and a half hours and they are able to put us on when the show starts. So he was happy about that. But then he tossed in that my good name was sullied by a member of the Dodger broadcast team on the airways of our affiliate in la AM five seventy. So this got my attention. So I had to unscramble this, and he mentioned the name David vassy is the name that he mentioned, all right, you mentioned David Vassa And he said there was something on the Petros and Money Show, which is the big afternoon drive show, involving my name. So this, this got me worked up a little bit. To her lather got me worked up a little bit.
Speaker 3: This surprises me just slightly. If I can interject for a second. I was up late with Big Baby CoA a few nights back. It's when you were rambling about Bronnie James. Oh yeah, yeah, we get your nights mixed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not gonna be the first night. The last night I ranked it about Bronnie James.
Speaker 3: So I had the Dodgers postgame show on, and Vasse ended everything. And as he ended Dodgers Talk, as he ended Dodgers Talk, he said, and now Big Ben Maller on Fox Sports Radio, and they cut right into the middle of your Bronnie James monologue.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, that's cool. He promoted him. Wow, all right, it was very nice of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe he was trying to make up for what it sounds like he did bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So again, get back to sum marg Steve. So he sends me this message. He's one of my advisors. You know, he's one of my guys, the p one p ones, you know, not a spy. You know, they just monitor. You know, in combat, you have to monitor, you have to monitor radio waves. Right, the term radio silence comes from from from combat. Right. You don't wanna you don't wanna talk radio silence, don't say anything blah blah blah blah, because they're always listening in So you mentioned Besse had mentioned my name with uh, with Petro some money and and and Besmirch kind of ripping my time slot. Was the way Supermarket Steve framed it and all that. So then to advance the story, and I took a little shot at Fassa on my show. He happened to be listening. Uh. I know for a fact that he was listening when I took a shot, and we were busting balls, and we were we were going back and forth. We were talking about this.
Speaker 3: Has been going on for years, by the way.
Speaker 1: We were like, what should we do with Fassa, you know. And then Eddie always wants to release the hounds and go to combat. Eddie's a warhawk and the Malain militia. He wants to just let everyone out and just attack. That's his first instinct. And I'm like, well, I've known Vassaie a long time. We go way back. We've been in the business a long time, and I mean, why would he I guess he's changed, you know. Now he's hanging out with Otani and the Dodgers. They're the rock stars of LA, right, They're the glamour team in baseball. And he's flying on the same planes and the same buses he's taking and all that stuff. So maybe this is he's gotten a big head. Now, maybe that's it. But we were just kind of busting balls casually and I had a couple of good lines. My favorite line that night was if we want to mess with with Vassay, we just I'll just get like a Bernie Brewer costume in a slide and that'll that'll really, you know, holy crap, that'll mess with him. He famous if you don't know the backstory Vessay as the Dodger talk guy, he broke his arm sliding down the Brewers slide there in Milwaukee a couple of years ago on a viral video. So I thought that was a good line.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 1: Well, then the next day I got called in out of the bullpen to work as one of Rogan's heroes on Fred Rogan's show, The Midday Show at AM five seventy in LA which I don't do that often because it totally fs up my week. Not that I don't like it, but it totally fs up my week. That is a time I'm normally not awake when he's on at least most of the show. But I was like, all right, I'll do it once. Rare in appropriate, rare in appropriate to it. So I did it. You want to take a guest who was booked as a guest on the show?
Speaker 3: Oh it was your buddy David.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So needless to point out, if you didn't hear it, you probably didn't. We were at Loggerheads. We got into it. We had a dust up. Now he's taking shots at me, and he said, I called you a freeloader and all that stuff. Then I pointed out, well, I can't be a freeloader anymore. The Dodgers won't let me out there because Botani and the Japanese media and all that. So I brought that up. But we were going back and forth. He was trying to throw punches. Then he starts taking shots and this really upset my guy. Alf the alien o Pinter. Alf was beside himself, an experienced veteran in many battles. All right, this guy's got a lot of stars. Danny in the Mala Militia, Alf Thealen Piner spats with shots and a bunch of other stuff, and he was annoyed. He was annoyed that this gypsy David Vassay is out there taking shots at the fun facts. He did not. He took a shot at the fun facts that we do on this show. How dare him? He also he took a shot at the people that listened to the show. He ripped me for talking about the Indiana Pacers when they were in a conference final game and I came on after, and what am I supposed to talk about? So he's taking all these shots, but then I came back. I returned fire. I returned fire. So I returned fire by pointing out he is he is such a dodger Homer that he's turning into a smurf. He's turning blow He's such a dodger Homer. And we were going back in.
Speaker 3: So that's an outdated reference, Danny.
Speaker 1: The Smurfs are still relevant if you go to Universal Studios. Don't they have like smurfs out there Universal Studios.
Speaker 3: Anyone listening under thirty five was like, what's a smurf?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: People know it's people know it's smurfsor hey, I'm relatable man, Smurfs were before my time.
Speaker 2: Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I watched them on the YouTube. I've watched the Smurfs on the YouTube. So we went back on YouTube. Yeah, yeah, we went back and forth, right, And I'm told the number of very important people heard that conversation. Well, now we had my guys were listening, and they were on the bleeding edge, right. They wanted they wanted blood, blood in the streets. So to set up where we are right now as we slide into a holiday weekend, la la la la la la la la la. The way I will describe it is a highly combustible situation, A highly combustible situation. To use the military lingo. We have a lot of guys that did time in the military. I did not. I lived when I grew up. I consider myself kind of like I was in the military because I grew up between two military bases. I grew up between the Eltoral Marine Base and the Tustin Marine Base. There were two bases a few miles apart, and I was in between them. And so when I went to school, all the kids I would go to school with were like military brats that had moved around and all that. By the way, both those bases completely gone. Neither one there.
Speaker 3: But when I was growing up, they were there in Orange County. They were there when the Smurfs had their TV run.
Speaker 1: All right, shut up. So to use military jargon, they have the def Con level now, like, for example, def Con five is normal readiness. You just you know. That's the lowest state of readines is def Con five. So I would like to alert all the Mali militia at this moment as we head into this holiday weekend, the Malord militia, my boots on the ground, my defenders, the battle with Vassa, we are at I'm all chunked up, Danny, I'm all chucked up even thinking about it. I gotta say this. We are at deaf Con three, not one, not to where deaf Con three.
Speaker 3: I hope Con three. I hope Vesse doesn't listen to this podcast. He'll make a drop out of that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Deaf Con three. As you know, Danny, because you did time in the service, unless you didn't, deaf Con three is air Force ready to mobilize in fifteen minutes. So within fifteen minutes at deaf Con three, if Vassa continues to use inflammatory language, if he continues to escalate the hostility, we will have to move all of our soldiers to a cyber attack on Vassa.
Speaker 3: Oh man. And just in case you're wondering, because Vassay is not your normal kind of last name, it's v ass e g H. I mean, I'm just spelling it, so you know how to spell his last name.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And in addition to that, I would also like to point out while we are at Defcom three right now, subject to change, subject to go higher. I also pointed out to a gentleman that I've known for some time, David Magdalenlo. I mispronounced his name, but David who worked He worked on the Dodger broadcast for a while. I don't know what he's do you know what he's doing now?
Speaker 3: I don't know what he's No, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's in the in radio. At least, he's not doing what he used to do.
Speaker 3: But he said he's probably actually making money now doing something else.
Speaker 1: But he's got summers off and things like that. But he said that Vassay is backed by La Doyers fans. Easy win against the militia, Easy win now with them some fighting words, right, That's what I'm talking about. This is this is a highly flammable situation, and the.
Speaker 3: Dodger fans do suck up to him though every time they call they're like, oh, David, my life's never been the same since you came on the radio to talk Dodgers.
Speaker 1: God stop, it's nauseating, yea a Vassay.
Speaker 3: When he interviews the players too, man, he strokes him hard.
Speaker 1: Well, he's all buddies with him. And also when I had my back and forth with him, there was a chain reaction from that when I was on with the Rogan with Fred and I confronted him because one of Vassay's baseball buddies, Blake Snell, loser, bra, I'm risking my life, bra, I ain't playing unless I get my that douche canoe Blake Snell is buddies with Vassay. How pathetic is that? That tells you all you need to know about the current status of Vassay. He's changed. I'm telling you he wasn't like this when I as a young guy, Dan, he wasn't like this.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if this is the Dodger fan of me talking or not. He does have some pretty good insight to the Dodgers. But maybe that's because he's so close to them.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not a brown noser.
Speaker 3: He's one of the guys.
Speaker 1: He's not a brown noser. He's a blue noser, is what he's blues. He's saying.
Speaker 3: When he strokes them really hard, he gets blue all over his shoulder.
Speaker 1: That's what you said. I didn't say that, but I didn't deny it. I did not deny, did not deny that. So Magdaleno, who who said that the La Doyers fans will take down the militia. I pointed out that we are a global machine here, Okay. I got Ozzie Wiz who will release the kangaroos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's at least ten listeners that will go hard.
Speaker 1: We've got an army of kangaroos. I've got Terry in England, army of ten. Terry in England will unite the UK branch of the MALLA militia. We've got our guy in Germany on the Autobahn and he will he will be part. I mean, we've got so many factions. The Vest crew is just mostly in southern California, right, most of his people and southern and the other thing that Magdaleno does not understand. Okay, and I like David, but he doesn't understand this. There are factions of the Dodger fan base that are my guys, because I hosted that Dodger talk Beforeassay years ago. So there are people that are on my side. And if they have to pick a side at the fork in the road, they're gonna pick me at the Clover Relief Interchange. They're gonna take me in that not Vassay me. So we have a group of Dodger fans and we've got the mal Or militia. We'll bring in Cowboy, and we got a cowboy cowboy and Windsor hollering. James will sit on top of Assay. He'll He'll have no chance, no chance. Okay, how about Marcel in Brooklyn? Yes, do you want to get in to an intellectual battle with Marcell in Brooklyn? No, you don't. You do not. Don't worry. It's just pay the tot, I'm telling you. So that's where I am right now. I did not plan on talking about this this long, Danny, But we're deaf Con three. That's the roundhouse level air Force, ready to mobilize fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes, and we've increased above normal level in the mal of Militsia. And I don't want to go to deaf Con two. I certainly don't want to go to deaf Con one. I don't. But if Fas say, if he comes back and he doesn't, you know, stay in his lane, then we're going to have to go there. And I don't want to go there. I don't. I do not again. I am just minding my own business. I'm twiddling my thumbs over here, and I get attacked. I get attacked by Vassay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just sitting there, so innocent.
Speaker 1: I am, that's exactly where. That's a correct take, completely innocent, minding my own own business. And then all of a sudden I get I get a shot from from Vassie. Anyway, all right, we'll move on from that. I think we've wasted way too much time talking about that, but we'll keep you updated. And I don't hear vass doing dodge talk because I'm doing my show, so I know you guys are going to be listening and let me know if he steps out of line.
Speaker 3: Well, usually when Dodger talk ends, I flipped the radio off.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, just getting slap you, slap you Now. I'm optimistic that Vass got the message. He does not want to mess with the militia. He does not. Okay, I know many guys want you don't want.
Speaker 3: Justin in sintent Justin, by the way, I know many guys well, but no, it's a sausage factory.
Speaker 1: I know many guys. Justin in Cincinnati has no filter. Okay, this guy does not play around, and he has a lot of free time. So you do not wit want Danny or Justin rather in Cincinnati to have a hissy fit because watch it, he throws a tantrum. Man alive, man, all live, all right. Time Now for the word all the week, the word of the week. Okay, the word of the week this week is appropriate in honor of the current battle. And if you have an idea for a name for this now, we had Spats with Shats, which is one of the all time great names. Can you believe it's been ten years, Danny, I think he's been ten years since Bats with Ya way, Yeah, somebody sent me a message it's been ten years since we got camp.
Speaker 3: Ten years because I've been with a network for nine years and I was on your show when that happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, so maybe it was the first salvo. I don't know. Somebody said ten.
Speaker 3: Years, he's gotta be no, I want to say eight years, six or seven years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well the guy gave erroneous information. He said it goes ten years, but apparently not. Anyway, the word here is shambles because my man David Vasse, who I've known for many years and I generally have a good opinion of until recently, he's he's gonna be a shambles if he continues this complaining and belly aching about the Mala militia and all that, he will absolutely be in shambles. And hey, you don't play for the Dodgers, so stop acting like you played for the Dodgers. All right, So the I like that, that's got that's got a shot. That's got a shot. So the origin, the origin of the word shambles, this is this is kind of cool. So this goes obviously goes way back. It was derived from the Latin term scammelous, meaning a small tool like a chair. But at the same time the word scammelous was being used, the word shambles in the form we have in modern times was also being used. That was to refer to a stool. So they're not exactly sure, those that study the language what happened why this became intertwined, they're not one hundred percent sure. But the meaning of scamulous was refined further to mean a stall or they used to say stool, but now or stall where meat is sold, like a meat market, and so it meant meat market, and then it came to mean a slaughterhouse. And finally, somewhere along the road over the history of humanity, human beings started using the word shambles to create witty puns and about how our lives are a bloody mess, much like a slaughterhouse shambles, And so the word of the week is shambles. We didn't do foody fund last week, I don't think, so we have foody fun. What do you say You're ready for some fund?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a couple of good stories, all.
Speaker 1: Right, footy fun. Well, this one I don't think we got through it last week, and I don't know if it's good or not. But several of you sent me the story saying I can't believe you did mention this to your podcast? Why didn't you mention this? Guess you must have recorded your podcast before before this story came out. No, I just didn't see the story. Stupid Mike, you know who you are. But the story out of the UK that McDonald's rebranded the Happy Meal, it's a few days old. We haven't talked about it on this show. McDonald's rebranded the Happy Meal as just the meal for Mental Health Awareness Week.
Speaker 3: So stupid.
Speaker 1: This is one of the dumbest ideas. One of whoever's in the marketing department at McDonald's should be taken out and slapped.
Speaker 3: Was it it's bad to be happy?
Speaker 1: Now? Yes? In the United Kingdom. We'll have to check in with Terry and England and some of our other UK listeners. It's it's got to be bad because dare you be when there's some people struggling with their mental health? Yeah, the mental health awareness they in the United Kingdom they remove this smile from the box and they want to encourage conversation about children's emotions. Yeah, yeah, let's go get a shitty meal. A meal. I'm in a shitty mood. So instead of a yellow smile, the iconic happy meal box contains a bunch of different stickers of different types of mouse confused, a swiggle, slanted line, a slight frown, even the traditional smile, along with a few others.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, and instead of a toy in the box, it's a it's a cat poop.
Speaker 1: Well, what happens, Danny, when you allow some wolster to be your marketing person? Ta dah, when you let the stupid people run your business. In my opinion, I can say whatever I want, Danny. It's my opinion. That's what happens. So, my god, these opinions are not shared by iHeartMedia.
Speaker 3: Are Well.
Speaker 1: There was another McDonald's story that went viral this week. Did you see the mop? The McDonald's mop story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was dry. The lady was drying it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, This female employee at this McDonald's in Australia was using a heating lamp over the French fry bin to dry a wet mop the top of the mop, obviously makes sense, which appeared to be used to just clean the floor moments earlier. Yeah, that's that's a great idea. That that's a person future MENSA member right there. That person's going.
Speaker 3: Places and now you know why sometimes when you treat yourself to fast food, because that is a treat nowadays, you're like, this tastes dirty. It tastes like dirty water. There you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just have to go in there blinded to the light, blinded to what you're probably eating wrapped up block a douche. Well, it's like we talked about the cicada thing the other day with Eddie. We're like, well, people, Eddie got all freaked out. I don't want to see the video. I don't want to see the videos. Like if you're already eating bugs, you know, and in our food it is allowed a certain percentage of bugs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's allowed protein.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what else do we have on foody?
Speaker 3: Oh, we got to do the b dub story, the bet all you can eat.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right. The buffalo wild wings free not freeloaders. You gotta pay for this. But how should we discover those piggy piggy update, I don't know, I call piggy piggy. Yeah, yeah, big news in the feed world. Buffalo wild wings. It is only for a month, right, they're only doing this I think for a month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's available now through Wednesday. July tenth, that participated.
Speaker 1: More than a month. That's like a month and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a month and a half at participating restaurants. So you've got to call your local b dubs to see if they're offering the deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what are the details on this? Exactly?
Speaker 3: Pay nine sense? Every Monday and Wednesday all you can eat wings and fries, so completely.
Speaker 1: Over and dull just go in there and blimp out.
Speaker 3: And I asked you the other day when we saw the story, I was like, how many wings can you eat in one sitting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I said back in the day, I could probably do fifty.
Speaker 3: That's impressive. Fifty, that's impressive.
Speaker 1: But now I can't. I'm soft, I'm old, I don't eat much. I can only probably do twenty, so it would be worth my time.
Speaker 3: That's weenie.
Speaker 1: So we know now, Danny that Buffalo Wow Wings does not do very much business on Mondays and Wednesdays? Is that fair to say?
Speaker 3: That's very fair to say.
Speaker 1: And how many could you eat, Danny if you were to go, if we were both to go to Buffalo Wow Wings? How many did you you know?
Speaker 3: I've been trying to trim down, so I would probably do eighteen to twenty. But in my ben mallor radio days, when I was blimping up because of my overnight schedule, I probably could easily dust off thirty of those bad boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd have to pace yourself. Is it a time thing? Is it a limit on it?
Speaker 3: Because ah, no, you know the move They tell that, and then they're never gonna admit this, but they tell their waiters and waitresses to go very slow and bring the orders out slow because they want to weight you out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they figure you'll get tired.
Speaker 3: They figure you'll you're you're gonna get tied, that you're not gonna be comfortable ordering more and more and more and sit there forever. Maybe you'll order two refills of the wings and then you'll get up and leave. That's what their hope, And that you'll add sodas and you know, other sides and things like that to supplement the bill.
Speaker 1: Yes, sodas and fries is where they're going to make their money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well fries are given for free. Oh yeah, so they're hoping on alcohol and soda and all that stuff that they obviously overprice.
Speaker 1: In a related note, Red Lobster did file for Chapter eleven bankruptcy protection recently, so we had the all you can eat trimp that put them out of business. And what is going to happen to the Cheddar Bay biscuits. Will someone saved the Cheddar Bay biscuits? Will we still be able to get our cheddar bab biscuits?
Speaker 3: Now? Rich Davis's theory was that most of us could only eat about twenty wings, so that's a dollar a wing, and the fries who cares, you know, and you got to pay for the soda obviously, so it's just an okay deal. Whereas the shrimp, as we know, Coop handled eighty five of those just on his own. So I think that's the reason why that backfired on Red Lobster the way it did years ago.
Speaker 1: Buffalo Wild Wings had I think it was on Monday or Tuesday, they had fifty cent wing night, So that that was a better deal than this fifty cent wing night, right, because you're probably payting you'd have to eat more than twenty.
Speaker 3: But at fifty cents, I was going to say, unless you're eating thirty to forty wings, that probably is a better deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what else do we have on the foody fun. Windy's has put together a new fifty piece chicken nuggets pack. You're inclined to eat the chicken nuggets? There? Why's the Nugs Party Pack? They're calling it the Grab the Nugs Party Pack. Very exciting and chrispyter spicy. Only available select markets across the US. According to the fine print, the Nugs Party Pack can range from forty five to fifty nuggets, depending on the weight of said nuggets. To celebrate, Windy's is offering three dollars off any purchase of the fifteen dollars or more or fifteen dollars or more through the Windy's app. I didn't see a price on how much this is. I'm assuming it's more than fifteen dollars, right, you're not going to give you that, man.
Speaker 3: You know the other day I treated myself to a bowl of Wendy's chili.
Speaker 1: Then, how is that? Did you?
Speaker 3: Oh man? I tootored my way all through the end of the week.
Speaker 1: Dude, dude. One of your favorite establishments, Nanny Burger King debuting the new Mazzarella file, oh man, which are just mozzarella sticks in a container that looks like a fry container.
Speaker 3: Cheese which is I'm thinking that fright, mozzarella stick would stay in your stomach for approximately ten hours?
Speaker 1: How about ten years? Am I just staying there for ten years? What else do we have here? Free McNuggets? You can get them at McDonald's this week, I guess, well, I think that's I think it's over. I know it started, it started, It started yesterday, a couple of days ago. This is a story that I had saved a couple days ago. They're offering let's see here. No, I totally forget that. Scratch that, Danny, I think that way. You really recorded this podcast last week. No, I put this story in my pile, and I thought it was this weekend. But I think it was already. I think it was just during the week.
Speaker 3: So let me tell you. It's really fucking early on a Friday morning right now. I haven't packed my bag yet, So let's get this.
Speaker 1: What else do we have here? Page down? Chick Fille going to launch a new maple pepper bacon sandwich.
Speaker 3: You had me at Maple June tenth.
Speaker 1: So that's a few days from now, well many days from now. Jack in the Box has revealed anew ice Cube Munchie meal featuring chicken tater melt. This is from the Food blog. It's a Cub's munchi meal man, it's nothing better on a gloomy day. And it does have a cartoon drawing of ice Cube on It says, get it Cube's way, No bacon, give me some damn pumpkin brist that's cool, Yeah, it says, selling California's favorite. Jack in the Box and ice Cube are set to debut a new Munchie meal. This is coming up June third. Jack in the Box isn't available everywhere. I know it's all over southern California. I don't think it's available past the west, right.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that. I thought it was all over the country.
Speaker 1: I've never seen one east of the Mississippi. I don't recall seeing one east of Misissippi. Anyway, it doesn't matter. It's not all over the place. But they've they're adding this to their collection twelve dollars. We'll be available Jack in the Box locations around the country where they have the locations as a year as well.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe we can do a Jack in the Box Malar meet and greet and David Vasse could be your guest of honor.
Speaker 1: There he can be the pinata. We have a chicken tater melt croissant sandwich packed with a fried chicken patty, shredded cheddar cheese, Swiss style cheese, bacon, white cheese, sauce, ranch dressing, and hash brown. You get a side one taco season curly fries and a mini churo and a small sprite. That's the that's the drink. Does that do anything for you? I sounds okay, okay, You're not gonna go run out of your house.
Speaker 3: It sounds like three thousand calories.
Speaker 1: So everything you got to a fast food place, that's what you're gonna get. That's that's how that works. All right, we'll get out on that, Danny, enjoy your trip to Airrizona will have new pods all weekend long. Here.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited because my group is A You can Southwest. You check in twenty four hours before your flight and either get in the A group, the B group, or the dreaded C group. And man, I was on it the other day and I got in the A group. I'm just walking around like I own the joint.
Speaker 1: Now, are you gonna lay down on a row of seats when you get Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I get there, I'm gonna tell everyone. Excuse me, I'm in the A group. Excuse me. Just push people out the way.
Speaker 1: Oh me. Yeah, I heard that the Vegan is going this weekend. Never heard of them, that's right, always.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Alex Tyshirt is going to be the engineer for our live broadcast later today.
Speaker 1: Love love Alex. He'll do a good job. I'm sure have a good time there in the See. How do my family lives? I got I got a cousins all over Phoenix. I got a cousin in Mesa. I got several cousins that live somewhat adjacent to Tempie.
Speaker 3: So that's right. The Mallards are big and easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do very well. They're all right. Well, I have a wonderful rest of your Friday. We'll be here all weekend, even though it's a holiday. What the hell? And we'll catch you next time later, Skater gotta murder.
Speaker 3: I gotta go.