Speaker 1: What does brick mean and sneaker? As soon as they released, they dropped in price. Okay, I mean it's like an album bricks right, It's like an album that's Brickish shot, Brickish British shot, just falling like you can. I can't brick and shot. Actually I can only swish them. They called bricks shot Ferguson. Anybody is gonna get it if you're fucking down. If you have ever heard that name, it suck. Yeah, there's no way you heard. I don't even remember who that is. I just know the name. Call me to Brickish shot for a brickish the way I'm out here, you're just looking taking els bro. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, sixty four, Episode three of Dally My Guy, The Dean Scream, a production of iHeartRadio. I Blame the Dean Scream. I Do It was the start of it all. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness. We now have a YouTube channel, YouTube slash at Daily's Eeitgeist pod Boom. You can go check out one episode a week on YouTube. You can see us saying these words. Yes, he's exact words because this episode gonna be a video episode on but for you listeners, it's Wednesday, twenty twenty four. Yes, yes, yes, man, what a shitty there is.
Speaker 2: Fuck, there's only one day hat like National Holiday Animal Day. Yeah, and it's National Indian Pudding Day.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is do with that. It's a pair.
Speaker 2: I brought this up, I think in previous episodes because at there's a restaurant in LA that serves like New England Indian pudding as like a dessert, and I'm not like those two together anyway. Yeah, exactly, it's just listen to the description of this. In the seventeenth century, English colonists brought hasty pudding to North America.
Speaker 1: Was gonna guess raisins, Yeah, raisins in this bitch, and I think cashews. Although they initially made the pudding with wheat due to the shortage of grape, the colonists eventually used corn meal. Since the colonists had learned to cultivate maize from the indigenous peoples, the crop was readily available. And then it became something over time and you put a bunch of shit on it, and here we are November thirteenth, it's just oatmeal, but they were like trying to trick themselves into it being a dessert because they were starving to death because they didn't know how to farm. Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean the version I've had felt like an undercooked like like pie crust with ice cream.
Speaker 1: Oh you've had it? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm at it because I was like, what is this interesting? You're gonna the person's like, you're gonna love our Indian pudding and let's give it a shot. All right. My name is Jack O'Brien, AKA, what's this? What's this? There's natsies everywhere? What's this? Fourth rank is in the air. That is courtesy of Helseion Solid on the Discord. It's Nightmare before Christmas Season, probably the spookiest Nightmare before Christmas season we've had around these parts in a long time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Fascism is spooky. I've always said it. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gradkay macgu Chodes Madca Chodes. Don't get how terriffs would work. Shout out to salad and they don't have to no, and you don't have to you can you can figure it out for him. Blame Joe Biden when your tires cost a fuck ton of money. I don't know. Yeahrdon Miles, Yeah, it's drilled. It's been too long. One of our favorite guests on The Daily's Poet, a podcaster who you can hear on the American Hysteria podcast exploring the fantastical thinking and irrational fears of Americans. Huh, that doesn't sound like US moral panics, urban legends, and conspiracy theories. Please welcome the brilliant and talented Chelsea Webbers.
Speaker 3: Jessy's been too long.
Speaker 1: It's wonderful to have you. So, I'm so relieved that you're here. It's nice to see a comforting, smiling face on the other side. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this a new dimension.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, truly a new dimension. Maybe that's a fun way to look at it. We're merely going into a new dimension.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something's I like to think that when Trump came down that escalator in twenty fifteen, and it was like a rip in reality and we kind of like passed into a new yeah, because like.
Speaker 1: When he did that, he was having to pay actors to pretend to be supporting him and then it's like we whatever fictional movie he was producing for that, like media opportunity, we just like entered that fictional Yes, it was like there are actually everybody's excited about him. He doesn't have to pay anyone. They're just going to show up, like.
Speaker 3: Entire states, right, just like start too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think blending of reality.
Speaker 2: It's like one of those transitions in a movie where you're looking at the TV screen and it like pushes in and then it becomes the fucking type like the reality and like yeah, or there's options scarface montage where he's making a bunch of money and like having a ton of success, yeah, and laughing maniacally into the telephone.
Speaker 1: Hey, but guys, there's there's good news there. There's an option. It's called fighting. So that's fighting it back. You know, we don't have to we don't have to all perish. Maybe it may be difficult, but place and handle this one for me. I think he's got this one.
Speaker 2: I'm going to sort of use that as like an analogous everything riding on that very good, very.
Speaker 3: Good you guys that Jake Paul is going to fight Mike Tyson? Is that right? Did I make that tomorrow night, tomorrow night, Okay, I only like.
Speaker 1: To watch that.
Speaker 3: I got to find the illegal stream for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah oh yeah, yeah, you know it's going to be sold. That's just just put that out of your mind. That's the that's the circus. Part of the bread and circus is that they were talking about and beat up somebody who's way too old.
Speaker 3: Right, we just don't need.
Speaker 1: It's like they're like creating their own political cartoon of ass beating after the like literal ass beating that we just took, not we the mainstream Democratic party. Who can get No, I didn't lose, although we all didn't lose. Everyone sadly will I'm actually happy. Oh god, don't do that thing. I hate seeing actually happy. You think you think I'm These are Oh you're gonna you guys are gonna love it. And I'm like, don't condition yourself to be even more numb to human suffering than we already are. That's the that's the quickest way to help, like already something like yeah, and like when they're screaming in the streets on fire, like I'm gonna laugh, that's that mentality, will not help could be laughing.
Speaker 3: It's so hard you can't be a meme in real life.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, all right, Chelsea, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better at a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. Trump has started picking his cabinet. We might check in with that. Trump supporters are confused, why not so many live tears? Why more live angry? Why so angry? Mind? Whoa getting mad at me? We're they mad? This is just like fun. We will check in out. The one thing, the one story I know we're going to hit today is this Wheel of Fortune contestant completely uh making up a well known phrase that I fucking is now a part of my my, my vocabulary. I'm going let it heay go by where wherein I don't say this? You can you can find out what that is. And you can also see I think the most important video that I didn't see during the election that now explains everything I needed to know about the election is a Kamala Harris New York Fashion Week event that Miles found. It's it's everything, It's it's really going everywhere all at once. It really it's really going to make you ask, like, wait, how did they lose? They are so good at this all of that anymore. But first, Chelsea, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: This is going to double us a little promo. But my weirdest one I could find is Ectoplasm poppet. And I know I always bring this kind of content to you guys, And the reason I was searching that is because Sarah Marshall from You're Wrong About and I and then my partner and our producer and You're Wrong about producer Miranda's Fleetwood Mac cover band, which is fun that you guys were just talking about it. We're doing a live show on the West Coast in December and January, and it's all around spiritualism and seances and so we're kind of designing this whole show, and so one of the things we're doing is creating Ectoplasm puppets. And what these were is during seances and like the Turn of the century, you guys all know those like the tricks you lift the tables, things play on their own, right, Yeah, you know that. I feel like that was like the trickle down the slumber part of the yah, yeah, but yeah, same, same kind of.
Speaker 1: I'm mostly familiar with slumber party culture, so I know you you're.
Speaker 3: Always in a slumber party every time and stuff.
Speaker 1: Next guest.
Speaker 3: But yeah, ectoplasm was this this trick that mediums would do when go into trance, and they would like regurgitate cheesecloth and it would like look like some sort of spirit was exiting their body. And sometimes they would make puppets so it would like look like they'd do this illusion where this really wild looking and disgusting looking puppet would kind of rise out of egg. But listen, guys, any orifice.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Sounces were a lot weirder and more sexual than we talk about or think about, because why would we really even think about salces from the turn of the century. But yeah, they would like there were all of these tricks that they would do. Houdini was super involved in bringing down this woman who had all this these ecdoplasm tricks that she did, and a lot of times they'd paste from like a newspaper or magazine just a face on the puppet and be like, look, it's Abraham Lincoln. So yeah, we were kind of building a puppet of our own for the show. So it's definitely like.
Speaker 1: And you're and you'll be able to like exercise this spirit from out of your corpse.
Speaker 3: And maybe yeah wow, maybe maybe not.
Speaker 2: You have to see I mean talent on the stage. I'm like, Okay, that's a Camus show.
Speaker 1: But now we're talking about spiritual puppet and I'm not going, Yeah, it's scare.
Speaker 3: We got all kinds of tricks. We got burlesque in the show. It's going to be like it's a it's kind of a theater. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's sexual liberation definitely. The show is cheese cloth, the very light cloth that kind of looks like it like flows in the Is that kind of what the idea was matched.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like really thin and you use it. I don't even really know, but yeah, it's just this. It was like a very common material.
Speaker 1: I always use it in the making of cheese. But I just well, I didn't realize you could funk around with it.
Speaker 3: There are no rules when it comes to cheese cloth.
Speaker 1: What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Ooh, I'm gonna go with the Blair Witch Project, which maybe I've.
Speaker 1: Sessed you the hat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I just got this hat because they just finally gave rights to the three main actors and they were able to make their own merch. So I got this limited edition hat. Oh and you guys should check it out. It's from Michael what's his name? I want to get it right, Yeah, Michael C. Williams. He has put out a line of March and it's dope and I love them. And they're reputting out the Blair Witch Project in this like in its original form, so like the way. I don't know anything about technical movie stuff, but it was like shot in this particular way. They didn't work in theaters, and now they're putting it back out and it's supposed to be way scarier, like just because you can see more in the depth that you couldn't see before. So I'm very excited about that because it's one of my most favorite movies. So I thought i'd wrap it today and people just get and I think it's because scary movie really nailed the parody. People just.
Speaker 1: Was not something coming out of nose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like so much snock.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. It was funny, take much.
Speaker 3: It doesn't take much low.
Speaker 1: Bar yeah, yeah, that movie. I did not believe it was real, and I was still freaked out in the theater. I walked very quickly to my car after that one because that last shot was so confounding. Yeah, the last shot was like no shot, no single shot has ever been more important to the guy phasing the corner. For people who aren't yeah, spoiler alert, sorry, so spoiler alert referring to the guy. It's a twenty five year old movie, it's still I don't want to four people who didn't catch it the first time. Yeah, the first time it came out like part of what is affecting about it is that you you don't know what's going to happen, and but yeah, you're filling in the blanks of your mind, which is what there's that one shot. The whole movie I think rests on that. Up to that point, I was like I don't really get what's so scary, And then that shot, I was like, I never want to be alone in a room ever again, right, and that happened.
Speaker 2: I just remember my partner, her majesty, she went to it's like she's from Maryland and she's like yeah, Like she's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: That that like I know about stuff in Maryland. And I was like, wait, that's real. And I'm like Blair, like Montgomery Blair, like the there's a high school called Blair High School. And I was like, it's a witch. It's like no, no, no, I just remember being so Blair witch brain that I would hear Blair in Maryland and Francis, the legendary Maryland ter basketball player Steve Francis went to Blair High School Maryland.
Speaker 3: You can you can go to Burkettsville. You can go to Burkettsville, which is the town. It's a real town. And I did go there and I went to all the little places that are in the movie.
Speaker 1: It was great, nice place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great place. I'm sure they resent people like me ain't going there, but you know, I tried to keep a low profile.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They're like they spend money though, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't think I bought anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh you're just like looking like and yeah.
Speaker 3: Just taking a little picture with the sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah yep, yeah yeah. Do you guys ever have a spooky a spooky wood by your home, a spooky wood that you explored as a I had a spooky wood behind my neighbor Cross Street, neighbor's house in Dayton, Ohio, and they would just like randomly be like these like like these like drums that like sounded. I don't know, it's like mysterious drums that we would just like sound in the woods every once in a while, and I didn't know where they were coming from. It was like some some like Genesis cover band. No it wasn't. It wasn't like a drum kit in some that you know sounds like a drum circle, yea circle before I knew what that was. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but anyway, I did not have a We had the l a river. Yeah, you had that river where you went and out. Yeah, the wizard and colorful characters. We've been here before. That's my woods. What's something you think is overrated? Oh?
Speaker 3: I wrote down a little hare. I'll just read you this little line. The false reality we have created that just that destroys the beauty that lies beneath the stories we tell about the world. Okay, there you.
Speaker 1: Actually it's just I think that's great. I just yesterday's guest to used that exact same one ship. That's really can you say that one more time? For my brain?
Speaker 3: It's like wearing the same outfit to a premiere just uh, you know, the day after the election, the only thing I could do is go to the woods and like just try to And I'm not only like I'm not a hippie, but I like touched the earth. I just said, like, remember that, like this everything is bullshit. Every single fucking thing is bullshit. But you can like find those moments where you are like of what I think is like the true world, and it feels really nice, and then it goes away and you only get it for like one second, right the clouds return. But I think it's a good reminder just to to you know. I mean, it's like a long way to say, touch grass. I guess we got off the internet everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and more realistic and more truthful then all of the narratives that you'll see on MSNBC exactly since the election up until probably I don't know, three years from now. Yes, and now we can be unburdened by what has been and yeah, what has come before one spooky woods. So I've gotten really into birds Chelsea. And one of the things that we recently talked about was the raven call and like how ravens are really good mimics of human voices. Have you ever heard like a raven copy of human's voice. It's pretty cool and it did like made me think of you because it just feels like a real thing that must have caused like must have given rise to a thousand different urban LEDGITSHD in the sev eighteen hundreds, because they can mimic any human voice. They mimic like sounds, they mimic like the sounds of our electronics, and so just people walking through the woods and hearing like voices like coming in on the wind or you know, just doors slamming behind them in a place where like there's no doors.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, raven Like ravens are better mimics than parrots.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there's one clip Jack played and even just like with them fucking with their like throat, they're like it just has like the most paranormal, freaky sounds that I'm yeah, and I'm like, now, if I ever get scared, we're inside.
Speaker 1: But like the voice sounds like it's coming from the bottom of the well in the ring, Like it just sounds like it's like even though the words are being spoken forward, it's like coming it's like backwards somehow. It's just so strange.
Speaker 3: I wonder if there's any way it could be loud enough. I'm sure it's not, but you know, the the bigfoot sound that everybody hears, it's like, I can't.
Speaker 1: Didn't be that loud. I mean it's like like aie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, a little wookie a little bit. Yeah yeah, but they probably couldn't do that. Let me tell you guys. One woods thing. I went out again in the woods for my birthday and I was trying to find this abandoned gold mine, and I thought it was just going to be like, you know, like a hole filled in, like something stupid. And I was like, but it's a fun. It's always fun to like scavenger hunt for something full blown. Gold mine went so deep I couldn't keep going because I was alone, and I was like, my family will get me.
Speaker 1: I go to you people love me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't go, but I couldn't see the end of it. And I'm going to go back with a group of people.
Speaker 1: And really, do you have to worry about the structural integrity of like an old mine, because look, I love the gold places. I'm not allowed either. But like I first saw it as like what if this ship collapses on here, and this is the questions you get on our podcast because Miles and I are both parents. Now, yeah, you were true.
Speaker 3: Thanks for parenting.
Speaker 1: I love that. It's so fun. I love it. I see it. I love the curiosity. I love the question floor. Yeah, yeah, I sty There's a story where a person got wedged in, like they were trying to crawl down through a cave and like got stuck there and like the authorities were notified and they're like there's nothing we can do, like they're they're just there forever.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: No, I won't go into it.
Speaker 3: I won't go into like a crevice of any kind.
Speaker 1: I'm going to stay in the where humans have been before. Yes, Chester Copper pot Chester Copper pot, little Goony's reference for all the kids. Let's take it a quick break and we'll we'll come back and talk about some news. We'll be right back and we're back. I'm still spooky. I'm still spooky. I can't get the spooky as I deal with it. However, you got out of myself. Yeah, deal, motherfuckers. I'm still feeling spooky. Okay, it's a bad world. So this is a trend that I've noticed is people being like, why is everybody? I feel like this was happening before, but they, oh yeah, but it's a fresh round of maga victimhood. Yeah. I think they really had built up in their mind that they were going to actually get to drink our liberal tears out of their liberal tier coffee mugs. Yeah. Yeah, that there'd be like Eyemilking stations for you to just put your mug under and be like great, fantastic movie. Yeah. But yeah, I think people are more angry than anything right now.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, obviously, I think the twenty sixteen was absolutely just a shock because it completely went against all accepted wisdom in terms of how campaigns or politics work. This time, people knew what was at stake, and we're just like, oh, okay, so we're truly like this white supremacist capitalist patriarchy that just will be.
Speaker 1: Like what are the options? First of all, hold on, you say black, No, So what are my other options? Okay, I'm I'm fine with this other stuff. But yeah, like I'm sure all of us we've read articles, seen tiktoks, seen anecdotes on social media about how people have cut off Trump voting family members this election, especially, Like you have stuff where there's like the grandmother's like, why won't you come to Thanksgiving? It's like your grandchildren are gay? Do you understand what you are doing? And they're like, but that's not why I voted for him, And they're like, you, mother, you don't what. And you see these like really.
Speaker 2: Frustrating exchanges happen, you know, and they're all being posted everywhere, but they're like you're also seeing things like searches for divorce have gone up, searches about child support have got like increased, like how much could I owe child support? And I'm not saying there's a tidal wave of divorces like like on the horizon or anything, but it's clear that as people have made their political choices clear, there has certainly been a lot of soul searching, and I think a lot of conservatives. There's like a lot less celebrating from conservatives, I think because the reaction has been so angry and been like this place is fucking cooked. It's not like, oh I'm so afraid from it's like this, holy shit, dude, this this thing is cooked fully. And they thought it was going to be like the crying like liberal meme from you know, twenty sixteen outside like a Trump protest, and they just seem to be totally caught off guard that people are just telling them. Their response is like, hey, Trump won.
Speaker 1: It's like yeah, good, I hope you get a front row seat to all the bullshit that's going to inevitably hit everyone. They're like huh huh, whoa. And I think, because you know, a lot of the true MAGA supporters, all they all they know is like the sadistic pursuit of inflicting pain on your political rivals. That's it. They know nothing of actual governance. The whole thing is pain is pain, and now people so like so when people don't offer up the face water and instead they're just like saying stuff like yeah, do you know what the fuck you've done? Now, they're like confused and doing.
Speaker 2: Stuff like like like searching tariffs or you know what is denaturalization And they're just kind of now acting like a confused dog that has been scolded for like shitting all over the house. No, yeah, yeah, And I think you know, it's just it's just interesting to see this sort of energetic exchange happen because I think it really does reveal what it's like again that this was purely about being like, yeah, man, but like let's get Trump all wins, just to see how like how shit goes for everyone else, completely ignoring the fact that this is everyone is on the same is in the same but well most of it, aside from like the top like one percent are in the same boat here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was definitely I think added to that of fuck the system, like haha, look at the trip the triggered mainstream media, look at the triggered libs, Like whenever Trump says something that makes people like laughing point and you know, he's kind of quiet right now, and it does feel and the mainstream media has just gone into a mode where they're like, we're wrong, We're sorry, we actually think he's smart now, and so yeah, I feel like they don't quite know what to do with it until he starts fucking shit up again, but right till the pain is really tangible in that way.
Speaker 3: What a weird thing to go through your life just being like, oh, I hope I see someone fucking cry today. I just desire that so much. It's just such a like it must be it must feel really bad to be in that body of like a person that is just hoping for tears every day, like.
Speaker 1: If like yeah, if your like life force is restored by watching others suffer, like purely for like the sport of it. Like we're just in such a bad way. We're in a bad yeah, how our society is working and where empathy goes or just doesn't even come up at all. Jesse Waters on his show, admitted that his Trump support has also affected him too, And this is him on his show on Jesse Yeah, people.
Speaker 4: Are taking some space in the Water's household. I'll have you know that I was not invited to my mother's house for Thanksgiving. Apparently there wasn't enough room. She said it was a scheduling situation. And then at the last second invited me to come over on Black Friday. I told him, no, thanks, I'll be a best Buy, all right.
Speaker 1: At least he got that, you know, at least he got that in he'll be at best Buy? Will you? Will you? That's cool that he gets to like go on and say the insult he wished he had thought of to his mother, Yeah about it, like I And then I told my mom like, actually, you know what, fuck you, mom, Like that's thanks for nothing. Giving let me a Best Buy buying a Nintendo switch, like maybe two of them.
Speaker 2: Mom, I don't even care. That's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna by iPad fuck you. Uh yeah, I mean I think it's again. So many conservatives just clearly thought that there there are consequences of of electuring Trump were merely that just saying Trump won and not again the raft of policies that this brings, and it's just a very I don't know. I mean, like I guess, like you know, a part of me has always wondered, like what is it gonna take for most American people to understand like shit is bad and it needs to change, and like whatever insulation you think is protecting you is very tenuous.
Speaker 1: It is not. It is not gonna hold forever. And part of me is like I think, just.
Speaker 2: Like anything, especially American people, it's like we don't know until we've fully just fucking burned ourselves on the fucking fire that were like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh fire's bad. Oh everybody said fire's bad. I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, my dad he was he's a fire guy, so I thought I could touch it, and now I'm burned.
Speaker 1: That maybe that like, I don't know, Like, it's also it's just also fucked up to think them like, well, I guess maybe if enough of us suffer that we can move past it. But I think that's what also makes me a little bit weary when you see people gloating over the fact that people are about to suffer for the ill informed decisions or fully informed decisions they've made, because that is just fully like when all bets are off like that, that's truly when the system won't change at all, and people are going to just fully go to their corners and be like, well, if I have to kind of change my beliefs in this way to protect myself from that, as long as I'm not those fuckers getting completely beat down, then I'm fine.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's a very i don't know, yeah, very delicate balance that we have right now. And I totally get why people are fucking so angry because so many people have been talking. But again, I think this also speaks to the kinds of like who watches the news who doesn't, and just because it's being said over and over on MSNBC or maybe sixty percent of the time on CNN or something like that, that doesn't mean everyone is hearing that message either, and just but I get the anger that because this is going to bring so much suffering to many people that you want to be able to sort of singularly be like, yeah, well fuck you, and it's going to be all you, or it's all going to be the people who decided to vote in solidarity with Palestinian people, or it's all the fault of people who just felt that trans rights were actually human rights and those kinds of things. It's completely ignores like the real the damage that has already been done that we're not continuing to acknowledge. So I don't know, it's just precarious at the moment, and I hope that we're able to sort of, yeah, fully understand that, like the options aren't going to be let's point and laugh, but we actually are going to have to like resist in a way and not the twenty sixteen way of resisting.
Speaker 1: Like count the mainstream media to do, yeah, to be like such a big part of it, because they are badly weakened and also seem to be very easy to knock off the message and just be like wait, what, Oh, I guess he's right yeaheah, Like I mean one of the historical presidents that what like was going through my head is like should this give me hope? Is that Richard Nixon was had just run for president for the third time in nineteen seventy two, his last election, he won five hundred and twenty electoral votes out of five hundred and thirty eight. He won five hundred and twenty electoral votes, sixty percent of the popular vote, and like just an all time like destruction. He was running on like a racist message like back then he called it the Silent Majority, but it was just very racist messaging. But people like also he was very like kind of personally. People were suspicious of him. He resigned in disgrace about like two years after being sworn at like less than two years, about a year and a half. I think things are much different now because we don't have a strong media and we don't have a media that anyone's going to listen to. I've also been thinking about two thousand and four and just how demoralizing it was to have George W. Bush re elected after like the Iraq War was happening. We knew there were no w we knew like that it was a disaster and he had lied to get in, and like the fact that he still won like fairly decisively was incredibly demoralizing. I just it. I think if this loss can be clarifying to people who aren't Republicans, I think that's the only thing that's actually because those historical precedents I think we're are just two different. Things are too kind of fucked right now, the information economy, like how people are getting their information, who like the weakness of the mainstream media. But like just the Democratic Party completely cratered in this election, and like maybe it needed to, and like it it feels like there are clear and learnable lessons for whoever is going to come next, whether it be the Democratic leadership or not. But I and like one of the lessons is, like you need to target, not like Trump can't just be the target. In fact, like it might be helpful to not make Trump the main target and instead focus on the mainstream Democratic Party, the billionaires who fund it, the mainstream media, because like those are all, truthfully the structural things that are standing in the way of getting like making any progress.
Speaker 3: Right, all things that have kind of started to swing right anyway, Yes, exactly, you know.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, it's just it's really bad right now. I've heard people say it's been bad before. I don't think it's ever been this bad. But you know, when things are bad, like things can swing in a hurry. And I think this party, like this Trump presidency is going to be an absolute shit show, you know of like billionaires like just grabbing everything that they possibly can, and we just need people who are willing to stay focused and what work locally. But also I don't think it's like and we give up now because Trump won this one election kind of convincingly. I think there are just like very a handful of very clear messages that you could run on, and like the Democratic Party completely fucking up in this last election might actually have like lit the way for like a future of like what not to do if anybody's willing to learn that lesson.
Speaker 3: But I feel like looking at the historical pressens is really comforting, even though it's you can't really draw a conclusion decisively, but like that's I think on American hysteria. That's kind of what we do as we go in the past and we say, okay, how is the past? How these through lines, continued on how do we then take these through lines and try to understand how they affect the present moment? And I mean what comes to mind too, is like Nixon and Bush, is that so much of their platform was like against protesting and against Vietnam protesters, student protesters, and Bush against Iraq war protesters and just using that. And now of course we're seeing that obviously with pro Palestine protests. And I think that that's like just that just came to mind as like a very clear thing that was happening in each of those elections, and it's just that's demoralizing.
Speaker 1: Cool, yeah, right, but again that was the Democrats this past Yeah, that was running the most clear like quote the quote that they were fucking putting on T shirts is talking now or like whatever she said when somebody tried to interrupt speech, Like, yeah, that was what they were fucking rallying around. I mean the Cheney like focusing on having like a Cheney endorsement was not like an accident. It wasn't like that. It was part of their overall thing, which was, you know that they were going to be what neo conservatives were. They're like, yeah, we're going to be the old your grand you know, Trump swept to power on this not your grandpa's Republican party. We're going to be your grandpa's Republican Party. And it just again like seems like very learnable, huge swings and misses that in like retrospect of a week a week and a half are like, what the fuck were you good thinking? Yeah, yeah, so well.
Speaker 3: And Democrats did the same thing. Was the you know, with Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam. It's like there it's a more as a bipartisan issue, I think, And so it's kind of like just not.
Speaker 2: Right because yeah, the people who are objecting to the Iraq war fair few and far between you and those few people who have been like I actually knew that back then this was some bullshit. But again, the ye, it's when you're you're going against machines that have been fully in like just running at full tilt for decades now, and to just like one person is just going to get crushed by it unless you know, we have a more of a plurality of people that first of all, can articulate. I think that's the biggest thing, is being able to articulate what the danger is what the evil is because right now you have a lot of these establishment liberals offering all kinds of different explanations that are avoiding clearly articulating what where the rot is coming from. And it's a lot of stuff like, I mean, do we acknowledge that sex is a biological truth, but we also respect how other people want to like no, no, no, like get off that shit.
Speaker 1: It doesn't like we don't need to be so bothered by these kinds of things, or not that I'm bothered, but like the idea to think that other people are gonna be so bothered because guess what if your bills are paid and if your grandma doesn't have to toil till she's nobody five fucking years old, they're not gonna give a fuck if other people have their rights like or getting gender affirming care. That won't matter to one person. But when you are, when you are lacking so much, you start looking at what other people. Why are they talking about these people? What are we talking about my grandma has to work till she's eighty, Like how often are we seeing elderly people working so much? And you're this happens all the time. You see this everywhere you go.
Speaker 2: In to strangle Oh my god, I cannot like I can't believe this person is working, Like I can't believe that this person has to work, and we don't we're not taking care of our people.
Speaker 1: These kinds of these are the things that people see and reinforce these ideas that there's something has to change. But if you're coming in and because in this vacuum, because clearly the parties on its knees, you have these people trying to either prop up the same neoliberal nonsense that doesn't get to the heart of the matter, or trying to dismiss people who are actually clearly trying to articulate it, because that's truly gonna upset the balance of power. And in terms of what is the quote like left or whatever you want to describe this, And that's kind of the stage rat because you see you have like the Matthew Iglesiases of the world who are like these reporters who are all in on this centrist shit and they're like, I have a new I've behold my new manifesto that's like that's like so broad, but still filled with these things like still kind of like you know, bowing to the things that irk conservatives, and they're trying to thread the needle without like properly getting like to the heart of the matter, because so much of the stuff is about, like we need to have like a better social safety net, but not one of these points says that we need to tax the fuck out of the wealthy, right like exactly, that's fine, that's fine as an idea, But if we're not, if we don't actually buy in on how we get there, then that shit is just words. Yeah, it needs to be. You need to have a villain, you need to That's what I'm saying. Like the thing that trust like the first villain that Trump like killed, And I think it's the base that his entire movement is built on was the mainstream Republican Party as it existed in twenty sixteen. He talked about Cheney, he talked about Bush. He did he went against the mainstream Republican orthodoxy, and then from there was able to build his movement. Like the Democrats' brand right now is to change what they say based on what they think is going to be popular, Like that is what their brand is. Somebody needs to come forward and say that and fucking at attack, attack, and be the person who is opposing tru who is built on like you know, tearing the Democratic Party as it exists to the ground. Like they change their position on whether racism is bad, they change their position on whether immigration is bad, like based on what they think people are going to think about that, And that sends the exact opposite message from what people are responding to with Trump, which is like with Trump, the thing, like the free media that everybody talks about is the mainstream media saying how could he say that? Saying that is against the rules, but by god, he's saying it anyways, and that makes him look like principled and like he believes in something. The thing he believes in is fucking horrifying, But it does send a message of like authenticity at a time when like politics prior to this was defined by just like bullshit and obfuscation and like playing this game that everybody knew was a game, but they were playing it like they like we didn't know it was a game, so like it just there can't be like we we It's not just like we need somebody who focuses on economic populism. We also need somebody who focuses on how broken the Democratic Party has been up to this point and is willing to like say that out loud. The Democrats are still suffering from the fact that, like the last time they had a successful candidate who actually like touched on economic populism, that candidate then went and like bailed out the Wall Street banks in like during the financial crisis. That's like a people remember that shit too. People remember that and like you can't just come out and be like, well, this this policy here, it reflects like we could you know, and like come forward with more. It's complicated policies. You need a central message that is fuck what those people were talking about. Yes, Like fuck what Obama is talking about, because what he did was said hope and change and then poisoned the words hope and change by bailing out Wall Street and like doing the same shit that Clinton was doing. Like you need somebody who's willing to fucking stand on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because right now everyone who's been like you know, holding the banner up for the Democratic Party, they are not gonna they're not gonna let go. No, So they're they're gonna do whatever they can to say the right mix of words to make it seem like they're like, well, look, I'm Chris, I'm Senator Chris Murphy, right, you know, like I I and I do get what's happening, and I'm gonna say I get what's happening. But it's like, no, motherfucker, you are a fucking ghoul. You are also a creature of this political machinery that operates in DC, and you've done it faithfully, and there's no way that we can trust you because you've already compromised that like any values you've had. Because the thing is, any if you have, if your values are negotiable, you have no values.
Speaker 1: Right, That's plain and simple. If they're negotiable, you have none. You have none then.
Speaker 2: Because anyway, so I think I'm I'm looking forward to whatever this fight is going to be within the Democratic Party because it will be because that's also going to say a lot about what our future, like what our stakes are for the future.
Speaker 1: But if it's someone coming with that weak ass shit again, it's like, oh boy, yeah, just something that I find myself wanting to say. Like Democrats tried with Bernie, they wouldn't let Bernie win. Yeah, that was a start, But like it's like we need to do better, we need to learn from that and move forward, Like it can't just be and that's the end. Sorry, Chelsea.
Speaker 3: No, I was just going to say, it's like I love all of this, and I just don't know how anyone breaks through the brick wall of the Democratic Party to actually run. Yeah, I don't know, and that's hope. Like maybe that's four years of whatever we're going to try to figure out.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's I mean, at this point, it's like you just have to outright be like I'm not going to fucking buy whatever the fuck you put in front of me.
Speaker 1: I don't get fuck what it says. If it's if it's coming from the same fucking place, I don't give up. No, No, I think it needs to come from outside, like I do, and I know it seems unlikely at this time, but so has so did you know the strength of the Sanders campaign, so did the strength of the Trump campaign. Like people like the system. The people are like begging for this message, and it might be that the Democratic Party is not gonna be willing to deliver it, but somebody needs to and I should be someone younger. I mean, like you know, Bernie definitely helped crack the door open. But at the same time, he also did the thing that people do on Capitol Hill, which is like, let me duck low real quick. What was Biden doing? Okay, I'm not gonna really speak up too much. Okay, oh y'all took an l I got something to say. No, Like that is just how shit moves in DC.
Speaker 2: And but at the same time, I think that the other, the other disconnect really comes generationally where it's like people need to really understand what people have been through and seen and what their prospects look like on the horizon, rather than octogenarians who are like, I don't know, I'm probably gonna die in five years anyway, so whatever that that doesn't help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, part of the thing that is making me like giving me not even a glimmer of hope, like a shard, like a little like a sparkle, a single sparkle of hope, is how weak the Democratic Party is right now and how definitive and clarifying this loss could be two people if like the messaging just starts coming consistently like this is what the people are saying, this is what the Democratic party isn't as currently constitute, isn't willing to say, and I don't know, hopefully hopefully something catches, but yeah, we should make a break and come back and make fun of Wheel of Fortune. And we're back, and at least we can laugh at this dumb asshole on we all fortune, all of our angers like this fun. I'm sorry, sir, you know I would. I did thee my one game show experience. I went on Jacquise's comedian feud like family feud with you know. My episode was like comedians and improvisers versus podcast hosts, and I got up there and did not I did not like have my I was like just fucked up. So like I get it, Okay, I get it. Ain't like, look, I love Wheel of Fortune because it's precisely one of these shows that you watch and you easily start pumping your own ego up and you're like, I am way fucking smarter than this motherfucker, are you for real? And there are those moments are like I got it and you say it out loud and then you've clearly used a totally like incorrect spelling that just only exists in your mind, and then you immediately take a seat because you're like, okay, yeah, yeah, that was before problematic things about Italian people. Have you seen the one that happened in May where the guy was talking about the butt. Does this real? I don't think so. Okay, I just want to I just want to highlight some wheel fortune people being very bad. I just want to make sure.
Speaker 2: I just want to get this out of the way, so we we realized that this is a thing that happens all the time. This is this is from May where a guy was trying to solve a puzzle again a phrase, and this is how he decided to solve the phrase tomorrows right in the butt.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: Shocked they aired it this maybe blob.
Speaker 1: They write a number of letters in the first no, right the butt. Right, that's five letters right in the butt. I just love again. It's also like this weird rors test too. Right in the butt. I saw button. I'm not gonna lie next to exclamation exclamation point, but just that this is something in the butt. The way this man's face fell, but he says it, no, wait, are you telling me it's not? Yeah, that's yeah. This is the best, great, great great.
Speaker 3: I love watching people catch up, like catch up with themselves after they've spoken, and you can see like hold.
Speaker 1: On right five, Like the shot it's like the shockwave from an explosion. It's like you saw it and then you're like huh and then it's like, oh, exactly right, yeah that was maybe that wasn't just the audio TV right. The audience is like, oh, I think the Wheel Fortune audience does tend to be even older than Jeopardy, right, Like it's the way I mean people who used to be able to keep up on Jeopardy and now they're like, I like my crush words right right.
Speaker 2: So Monday, there was a contestant that again in the time honor tradition of just taking liberties with a very well known phrase. This was what the board looked like, and again apologies for those of you listening to it, but it looks like a one, two, three, four, five six word phrase.
Speaker 1: And you're like, Okay, I'm starting to maybe figure out what the first is blank except for the E at the end. Second word is obviously yourself. Yeah, next a round of and then the next one a U S E. Ending. So this is how this puzzle was solved. I like to buy you well you're gonna get three u uk. Okay, he's feeling good and he's like, I think I know what this is. Okay, well let's hear it. Treat yourself a round of sausage. That's not it over to, okay, give yourself a round of a plause yourself a round of sausage. Like you hear him lose the confidence. I think he said no immediately to himself. Is that him? That was Seacrest? But I was like, Seacrest does too much of a professional to be like, oh, okay, this you get. I just love hearing going no. I like to solve a problem. Okay, well let's hear it. Treat yourself a round of sausage. No to say, treat yourself a round of a sausage.
Speaker 3: I'm so furious that Ryan Seacrest is the new host. Also, it's just there's gotta be someone out there.
Speaker 1: There's even hates doing this job.
Speaker 3: And he's been doing it for forty years now.
Speaker 2: Is he addicted to hosting? Like this man has just fuck you money? But you're still I mean, that's probably how What was that phrase from the documentary that Crofton Wassonis about was like a thirst like a starvation of popularity or something like that, that that that maybe encapsulates Seacrest thinking where he's.
Speaker 1: Like, dude, if I if I'm not hosting, I'll die more night numbers on the board. I was cursed by a warlock, I said, the moment I host less than five things. Well, that's why I'm here. Fuck, treat yourself around of sausage.
Speaker 3: I've been watching Celebrity Jeopardy or sorry, Celebrity Wheel Fortune with my granny every week when I visit her. Such an angel and yeah, we like I've grown to like Pat Sajack because it was his last like stint, and I never liked him. I was he always found like, I always found him very annoying, and but this time I was like, I love him. And now he's gone and it's Ryan Seacrest and he just doesn't have He doesn't seem human to me. He doesn't actually like interact with the subject in front of him really in a way that is meaningful to me. But maybe maybe I don't know Seacrest as well as I think. Do we have seacrest defenders in the house.
Speaker 1: Kind of floating through the world in a bubble of just like slick, you know, like it's just like everything nothing touches him. Maybe by design, but yeah, I don't know. I don't. You do not have a Seacrest defender in the house. You do have a pat say Jack hater in the house. I would recommend if if the feeling of missing him ever gets too hard, I would recommend just like googling some of his political.
Speaker 3: Oh good, Okay, I didn't know about if.
Speaker 1: You ever miss him too much. I remember getting so fucking triggered by seeing him in the behind home plate in the World series.
Speaker 3: I'm like, alright, I didn't know ship like, like.
Speaker 1: I think Johnny Carson had good politics, like these are just people who, like we didn't have to think about. I don't know why I went Carson. I'm not eighty years unlovable. You think Ed McMahon, I think my boy, Ed McMahon. Oh, you think you thought Bob Hope was doing it for the troops, doing it for the imperialism.
Speaker 3: I got one more good Wheel of Fortune mistake, and that was a friend of mine whose sister was on Wheel of Fortune and the puzzle was up. She tried to solve it, and she said salmon and wafers, but it was salmon and capers. It's not a great one, but it is like it was pretty devastating and we were all just watching it too, like, wow.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, just having my Sunday salmon and wafers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, delicious.
Speaker 1: I love those cookies, the ones that are like the little wafers and then they just filled with salmon in between. I just thin slice and you're like, are these strawberry? What is the fuck? And that's why they're fun. It's like the gum that turns your mouth black and great aff I do want too quickly. So we talked yesterday about how the Hairs campaign blew through a bunch of money. This being the video episode I do. We just have to watch this video briefly of the New York Fashion Week event that the Hairs campaign spent. Do we know how much money they I don't know how much money they spent on this, but it's it ain't cheap to throw an event during fashion Week, and this based on the amount of infrastructure that it wasn't just like hey, let's set up some tables at this other event like this was like, oh, you're invited to the Kamala HQ Fashion Week party. Generally, they spent one billion dollars and ended up twenty million in debt. I believe where we closed out, where'd that money go? We're about to see one of the places we talked yesterday there was like a bunch of like paid celebrity appearances. Like not necessarily they weren't like here's a briefcase of cash Oprah claimed that you vote blue, but more like we're going to pay for like to throw a concert or to like have a Oprah like show, like a livestream. Yeah, yeah, yeah, basically like doing all the production for these massive media events with huge celebrities. And then they were also throwing sick parties like the one. You're about to see a lot of activations, a lot of activations.
Speaker 2: As we're like saying that these are called activations, Jack, Yeah, and this is a an activation this marketing speak right now. But yeah, this like tech talker, who I think is from France based on his accent, is just kind of like completely gobsmacked at like whatever this is. And you know, it's just so again, this I think fully underlines how bad the decision making was and how over the top and out of touch.
Speaker 1: Jen O'Malley Dylan is one of those names that if they are attached in any way to the political cause that you are hoping get some tailwinds behind it, you might want to freak out because that's who ran the Hairs campaign. And let's see, let's see how that went party.
Speaker 2: This dude is so fashionable though, I just have to say that hat is I'm like, man, I never look like I'll never have that kind of sweat.
Speaker 1: It's like a little page boycotta how dystopian this. So there's a graphic on a dj boot.
Speaker 2: Abortion rights are hot the loads or whatever. This is a Jenga set where the Jenga pieces. The pieces are labeled national Abortion Band, far right, authoritarianism, cut medicare, no abortion ei in alls okay. And so it's a Djenga tower and each Jenga blode has a different right that might tumble to the ground. Yes, Donald Trump wins.
Speaker 1: It's precarious our situation, and we don't know if we remove one of these things, how the rest could tumbled. So on the nose and just fucking weird, and you can play. It's actual. It's a real thing. And so we'll go skip ahead a little bit. Oh yeah. Then there's the bar, the themed bar. There's also the cocktail Madam President, what is American forty seventh forty seventh president?
Speaker 2: But those are weak aster botties for Harristies for Harris. Then they're like, oh, then there's this one, the grab them by the dot dot dot like claw grabber game.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool. And it's a bunch of cats in there.
Speaker 3: It's cats in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is good. Was that I just said?
Speaker 3: I was just asking if they were cats.
Speaker 2: In the Yeah, of course, of course it has to be, because it's a it's that we're talking about.
Speaker 1: I have to say, I.
Speaker 3: Think that's where I would I would have been parked. I would have been parked there all night. I love claw machines.
Speaker 1: Turning the whole thing into like a Disneyland attraction. It's like, what what if the Simpsons had a theme park? What if then there's like property of J. D Vance Couch and I will never make another jd Vance Couch And like because all of the hotties what dude, who what? Who the fuck are what? Anyway, It's like one of those things too, where you can tell just by this setup that they are so flippant about the right center at Steak that they clearly didn't have. They the Steaks weren't even clear enough to them.
Speaker 2: But they're like, what if we memifi your lack of access to healthcare or having agency over your body?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what if those are games? Because that's how we look at it. I mean that's like what's revealing is that I think it goes into the fact that they think this was the this was the fucking wave. No, no, I do just want to take back. Earlier I was saying that, like the thing that was really off putting about the Democratic Party was that they made it seem like they were playing a game with like our rights and like you said, of like having actual convictions. But after I see the blue state red state plinko game, I have to take that back. They seem real serious about this. Yeah. Yeah, and I get like trying to make things fun or whatever, but again, who are these events for and who are you talking to? Because this is some this is some just echo chamber nonsense, like who's going to that and be like, oh my god, dude, I went to the commum of fashion Week part already, I'm at fashion Yeah. So fucking nukes like ninety nine percent of the electorate. And then then you're like you expect them to be like, oh, then they they grab them by the dot dot dot little kiddie grabber game. I just like, oh my, I'm like I get it now, I get it thanks to this fucking whatever this event cost. And that's just so infuriating. Where this is like, let's just talk to ourselves, and the people that are running the campaign are like, yep, this is where we need to be, this is where the markets to go boom. We are the last ten people to read Malcolm Gladwell's Tipping Point fifteen years after it's been debunked, and so we're actually trying to persuade the taste makers here and you will some maven some connectors, and we think the way to do that is with hotties. For Harris and what was the one abortion writes our hot spinning on an LED screen with like ms paint level like flames underneath it.
Speaker 2: This was definitely some power point ass like three D graphics, which I get. I know that's the like esthetic you know what I mean for like merch or like other stuff, but not sucks like this actually looks like abortion rights are burning up in flames.
Speaker 1: Yeah, abortion, and maybe that's what they meant. Did you ever think that about that, Miles? But yeah, they like that. They just have an innate capacity to take everything that they're supposed to be representing and like make it seem uncool and alien and inauthentic. Right, these things that are just like very straightforward, like these are things that matter to people, and it's like, well do they matter to you? Now? You know that I've turned them into a spinning graphic over fucking cartoon flames at a party with like people who all look like the bad guys from the Hunger Games, Like, now, how do you feel We're terrible? You've made the Seal terrible about all these things? I found.
Speaker 2: At first, I wasn't sure if this event was real, because I'm like, this surely has seem kind of like a piece of ass propaganda or something. And then like I looked because I saw reporting on it. But then I found like the website of a creative director who worked on this event and it was part of their portfolio, and I'm like, oh, yeah, this is real. This is how they described it.
Speaker 1: Quote in addition to our love slash rules, pop up wall of Weirdos and Hall of Hotti's activations from the previous event. We added in some new creator moments. Creator moments okay, just photo ops for influencers, like a tattoo parlor with temp tattoos. I designed a reading nook with models, reading band books, phone booths where people could call and write to friends to encourage them to register to vote. Games including Your Rights Are Tumbling Project twenty twenty five, Jenga corn hole where the bags are votes for Harris Wall's football toss, Wacko weird policy, grab them by the claw machine, and loads of little moments around the space to encourage voting. We also created a whole slew of new merch for the men, including jumpsuits, hat, sweatshirts, match boxes and more. Yay yay, yay yay.
Speaker 2: This was everything's on the line, but you still decided to do this ship of like what if we Like the people who did this were like, I want to.
Speaker 1: Be a fashion week. You know how we're gonna do that. We're gonna throw a campaign there and that's it. That's that, that's it. The only person who thought this was good.
Speaker 2: Was because they wanted to stunt a fashion week and that's where the fucking money went. So like and then they and they're still asking for people for money.
Speaker 3: Did you guys notice that the model is reading bell Hooks?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's a guy.
Speaker 1: Guy? Was he shirtless? Shirtless guy? Shirtless shirtless guy? It was a woman? Was it? No? Could you imagine reading like the bellill woman for the guy the male model? Oh my god, yeah, wow, yeah, can you get that? We we do probably need to see the male model reading. Yeah, dude, the guy can't even He doesn't even look like. I don't mean to fucking disparagus me, he doesn't look like he knows how to read. He does have a shirt, he does have a shirt top, and.
Speaker 2: He's got his little Clark Kent glasses on, and yeah, all about love Bell Hooks.
Speaker 3: He's even got he's even got his finger on his chin, like hmmm mmmmm.
Speaker 1: Because he is an actor, he is a professional. He knows how to sell. Yeah, and then you asked the model, all right, so what was that book about? I had my I had a I had my glass eyes. The joke's on you. Yeah, I mean, I don't know what to say other than like this is the most illuminating thing about the campaign that I wish we had seen a week and a half ago, Like this actually looks worse than in that Maga fashion show. We were laughing. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, because it costs because so much much and you got way worse. Also, shout out to that the dude who was singing there like it started dming me. He's like, I heard you talk about me on your podcast about my performance. I will see Yeah. I was like, all right, man, good for you. Bro. He's definitely like on some like hey, I'll take the attention and yeah yeah right that looked like that was up there with Fat Joe at the World Series. It's just like uncomfortable performances. Yeah, you're just like, now you got this guy reading bellhooks right and people he's seen his comfy Yeah yeah he's not he's not sweating. Yeah, Chelsea, what a pleasure of having you as always on the Daily's eye geist. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Well, you can listen to American Hysteria anywhere. And uh, I only have Instagram at this point, none of the others, And that is at Americansteria podcast. So come in, come in, like, swipe through our catalog. You'll probably find an episode that interests you.
Speaker 1: Check it out for sure. It's a great show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: Well, hmmm, I've been really liking. I saw every horror I'm just talking about horror movies as always, but I saw every horror movie this that was in theaters, this, uh, this good October. Yeah, I'm doing important work. And Smile too. I'm gonna shout out Smile Too as one of the best horn theater, which I never would have thought. No, I think it's fantastic, So take my word for it.
Speaker 1: All right. And then best horror movie of the past like five years? What's Her? Not? Not like definitively but like just first one my opinion. Barbarian Barbarian, Okay, yeah, no one broke through those good one miles. Where can people find you their working media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, find me where they got at symbols, Miles of Gray also on Blue Sky.
Speaker 1: I think that's miles of Gray dot Besky dot Social I think that work. I don't know it just fine. Find me over there.
Speaker 2: I did one tweet or one one sky sky Blue one Sky Anyway, I just do appreciate that the feed looks normal, like you actually get stuff from the people you follow and people that might be relevant rather than like suddenly weird hacks on how to whatever.
Speaker 1: Let's see. You can also find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Myles and Jack on man Boost. You can also find me U dissociating on four to twenty Day Fiance with Sofia Alexander, where we talk about ninety day fiance.
Speaker 2: So check that show out. I do like a couple of tweets because they are just super dumb and funny. At user Moose on.
Speaker 1: Twt tweeted white people be like, yeah, just come in through the garage. A coming in through the garage. Come. I love that. Hey it's great, it's different. I love it. I love coming into the garage. I'm not gonna learn garage based people. We like. That was just so much. We fana size that all the best companies were made in them, truly truly. Another one is from at Krona Key, tweeted Fisherman Kendrick Lamar Me and I rider trying to get you you fish, you fish just I appreciated that. Let's see, I don't think I've been enjoying much on social media. I did just go sign up for a blue Sky account. Jack ob one oh j C kob the number one. Okay, it's an obi wan reference. Yeah, obi wan o D. But I couldn't that that one looks weird and so that's where I might change that later, but we'll see. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist, at d daily Zeitgeist, on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, daily zeikeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnote where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people mind? Yeah, it's by the artist Kendreza q E and d R E s A.
Speaker 5: And her music's like kind of fusiony R and B sort of throwback kind of energy. It feels very like eighties R and B kind of stuff this and very like breathy vocals.
Speaker 2: Again, one of those songs where you hear it and it's like not so modern that it roots you in our world now, but maybe takes you back a couple decades, or you can pretend that you're.
Speaker 1: Not here right now. So this is too much The number two muc H by Kendreza. All right, we will link off to that in the footnote Daily I Guess a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio ap Apple podcast or wherever you get your favorite shows. That'll do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what's trying to thing, and we will talk to you all. The Fight by m