Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Fries. Pick sign up today or prize picks and use that promo code leading Off. When you do, it's me Joey p Joe Piezabia. That of course is the Welsh and it's you and you know it's gonna be a hot show when the chat is going before the show even starts. There was like thirty messages in the chat before we even started the show today. I love that. And here's the best one. If you want to talk about leading off, here's leading Off. Here's Dan g leading off. I dropped lance Lynn and who picks him up? The guy I traded Brandon Lau to get Lance Linn for in the first place. If Lynn gets good again, I'm going to mail that guy some farts. That's what he said. That's how you start a show, That's how you lead off. That's the first comment. Does it get better than that? Welsh? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Do you think you can like logistically mail a fart? You think you can like put it in like a bag and like it opens up. It's not gonna make the sound, of course, but do you think the uh aesthetic of a fart can really be mailed?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, asking for a business venture, this is a business venture.
Speaker 1: I think what you do is you have to have the hybrid where I think perhaps you you send something in the mail that's smelly, and then at the same time you send an email and you ask the person to open both of them up at the same time, and then the other email has like a you know, the sound of one, so you're getting the full experience at the same time. It's a lot, it's very complicated, I think from.
Speaker 2: That, No, No, I think I think it's like similar to like saving the ocean the ocean air, you know, being at the beach and being like bottle up the ocean. You can just bottle up a good old fart and send it to the lancelid pick her up or or you know there's a company out there too that I don't know if you know this that you can send like elephant poop to people. You're gonna see that what a world we live in.
Speaker 1: So the you know, those are your options. So washing your farts and starts very very closely. This is why you tune into the show. Nobody's having as much fun as we are talking off baseball, the X plug of you know, Shell hal Coney. At this point, it's been slightly disappointing. Well, should I have to say, no, that's not this show. We're not gonna do that. We're gonna talk kind.
Speaker 2: Of on the other extreme of it that we're talking about fart.
Speaker 1: Literally let off with a fart thing this morning. But whatever, it's fine, but we're gonna lead off with a lot of other good things. Zach gallon Ouhi that the investment in saw Young's looking pretty good right now. Seven innings, one run. Great performance from him. By the way, he was also part of that trifecta yesterday. If you had the parlay of the day again, you hit again yesterday two and a half to one. So I hope you're following this show. I hope you're with us at Betty.
Speaker 2: There were some good bets yesterday. Who was it in the chat that was dogging me about my I was like, I like the White Sox total runs. I kind of like the first five over in that game as well, and they're like, no, no, both hit absolutely both.
Speaker 1: We'll find pretty much everything but Brown hold them out. Yeah, Hunter Brown. The only thing that Hunter Brown was disappointing other than that.
Speaker 2: And Unter Brown and Byby stunk, but like isab mitched.
Speaker 1: Kelley specifically didn't make investment in Bibby because whenever it comes to young pitchers, I know there's always these weird bumps in the road, like Gracy Rodriguez, Right, he looked great a couple weeks ago in his first win, and he threw up like it was worst start right after this.
Speaker 2: Funny enough, remember actually went up hardcore because when we did the show, it was four and a half and it jumped up to five and I jumped off. I didn't because I did some of my stuff after the show and it went to five five and a half, and I was like, that'll happened?
Speaker 1: What the hell happened to this?
Speaker 2: Because I think everybody was hitting four and a half, so I think a lot of people got burned by that, but not by Zach Allen, who was also in your parlay and my individual that total, it was a month I'm in bad continues to be awesome, by the way, eleven swinging misses in that one, even though it was a little messy early on, he looks like the dude. He had eight whiffs on the fastball thirty two percent. He had an overall thirty one CSW thirty one percent CSW magnificent.
Speaker 1: Look. Baseball betting sometimes is just not that deep. I mean I looked for who the A's were playing, Oh, the Yankees, and Nester Cortez, well, that's a check. I look for Zach Gallon start, that's a check. And Shane McClanahan start against the Orioles. Check. You put the three together, you turn yourself around, and next thing you know, you're winning money. That's what you do. Here's a here's a good one.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: This is a Brett Anderson. Mail him some fots some Brandon fought. Just mail him a Brandon Fott card.
Speaker 2: There you go that Yeah, well actually uh, Conka said that like you know, like those music cards where it's like uh and it's like.
Speaker 1: Very just Here's a great question, by the way, from Bill Schmidt, how much longer are we holding Jordan Walker? And ToJ Bradley and Redraft, I'm holding Taj for a while like I'm not you know, you know, his pitchers continue to drop like flies. I know, Glass now is coming back. But I'm holding Tosh Bradley. Walker is more complicated now with this Contrera situation. That's my only thing. And now that he's clogging up d H. I know Gorman hasn't been hitting. I got some questions on Twitter about him today. But what do you do here with these two guys? You hold him both. So TODJ.
Speaker 2: Bradley is really tough because there's a couple of things with it. He has gotten uh, he's gotten litty. His last two starts after being sent down, it has not been good. I'm trying to pull it up here.
Speaker 1: Uh. That bothers me zero percent. It bothers me some.
Speaker 2: He's given up four earned run. He gave up foreign runs in his last start. The one before that he gave up it looks like eight. Yeah, it was eight.
Speaker 1: He gave up.
Speaker 2: He alimated out one inning, walk two, struck out two. Then he gave up four, walk three, struck out one. Here's the other problem. He's still on a six day schedule. He's not even on the five day schedule thing yet, which.
Speaker 1: Is it's not about because I don't think it was ever about that. I think it was a service time manipulation. Nonsense.
Speaker 2: That's thing that that is Jordan Walker. By the way, so tomorrow is the day Wednesdays of the day where if they bring him up, he can still qualify for the extra pick if he were to win Rookie of the Year. If they don't, he loses a full year of service and they gain an extra year. So he's not coming up anytime soon with their mess. So I would tell you this in a ten man, I think both can easily be moved off for re draft, and a twelve man with how things are going right now, I think you could probably move on from Taj if there's other options out there, maybe even Walker. Anything deeper or really deep benches, I probably not. I still really fully believe in TODs Bradley, but I'm very discouraged by whatever this is. I would you know what I would love to have heard if they said, all right, Taz, you're going to get sentient just a day. But yeah, but exactly that's.
Speaker 1: Why I want to I even look at the breakdown of what his pitches have been. But I get I guarantee you if it's like ninety percent fastballs, it's like just go get your work in, you know, just you know, let's let's not try to.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do that today. I haven't done it yet, but I'm going to go back and look at what his pitch mix is versus what the last two triple A starts are, because that's exactly it. I want to be like, have they been telling him we want you to do this thing right here and that's causing some of the blow up. So I just don't know what this management is of it. So it's like, listen, if you've got option. My biggest thing is always this, if you have options, I think both you could move on if you wanted to. If options are limited. These are both not just like Will and Nelly drops or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I'm holding those guys to Memorial Day. You got plenty of time there, especially in season long leagues. Let's get to more headlines. Shane McClanahan four hit ball for six innings. He was great. We talked about him. Mitch Keller, wells you were on this yesterday, prize Pickin' and Styland and profile and how good is Mitch Keller? Wow, eighth phenomenal. K's one walk He's now four and one. It's tremendous. Mitch Keller. I mean, and I like Mitch Keller's personality too. He's like, he's just a really good dude. So I'm very happy for Mitch Keller, just as a sidebar, not that that matters at all. Chase sil Seth, which I always struggle saying, and I could see it a million times, this is like the way Wonky can't say. So Rare sil Seth for me is hard to say. I don't know why is gonna replace Jose Suarez. He's twenty two, He's got a point nine zero era, a point nine zero whip and twenty to eight k walk ratio in twenty innings and four starts. Is still set a guy that you should be adding in leagues here as we know Suarez is going to be out for a while with that shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so this was that Actually this was a move a couple of weeks ago when I was out here talking about how Jos Sware is the worst pitcher in baseball, and then he pitched like the best game ever. He turned back into a pumpkin. He did exactly what. He got hurt, unfortunately, but seven and runs, two and two thirds. Still Seth was was a guy that was like dominating in the miners. They brought him up to kind of be the long relief guy, and I think he'll get the starter gigs right now. So that is definitely something I would take a look at. I'm not jump into the wire. Here's an interesting one. Are you dropping TOADJ. Bradley for for sil Seth.
Speaker 1: That's a tough one. I'm gonna say no because of what my eyes saw with TODJ. Bradley, I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's quite the move, my boy. I would I with Mitch Keller though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's Mike Patton. Mike Patten's funny Joe can't say half the names. Joe's dumb. Yeah, that's right, because.
Speaker 2: Joe I like how he's drags. I'm very no, he's dracts Mike Patten's draft track. Nothing goes over my head. It's my reflexes are too nat.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of names in my head. I didn't give it tie. You know, I do cover baseball, I do cover football. I do cover college football. You know it's it's it's a tougher thing than you realize.
Speaker 2: My brain, my brain one hundred percent switches players. Sometimes I will say football name for a baseball player. That's just that's how it goes.
Speaker 1: Here's the best retort. Let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about Fanimal. I love live events, but I hate buying tickets the hidden fees they suck. It's like paying for a whole other person who's not even there to be there with you at the event, and customer service is terrible, and coordinating with friends is a nightmare. But then I discovered fanimal and Fannamal has tickets to everything concerts, festivals, football, basketball, you name it, and Major League Baseball. And plus there's no fees. The price you see is actually the price you pay. What a concept. You heard it here first. Fanimal is the cheapest place on the internet to get MLB tickets. And we've all experienced how painful it is to coordinate going events with friends, and I always end up front of a bunch of money and then chasing down the friends to get reimbursed, and if they flake, I'm stuck with the whole bill. But f Animal's patentent group purchase makes it easy to split payments with your friends, so nobody's left holding the bag. And you don't have to commit until your friends do. So just pick the seats, pick how many tickets you want to pay for yourself, and then send the link to your friends. And when you join your group, everyone gets started separately and your tickets are secured, so you can stack cash by inviting friends ten bucks every time someone joins your group. Catching baby. So fanomal it has amazing customer service to don't take my word for it. Check out their hundreds and hundreds of five star reviews. The next time you need tickets, go to fanimal dot com or download the fnimal app and use the promo code fanimal MLB. That's fnimal MLB for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Check out animal and experience more and now back to the app. Gnostic baseball can say pizza pa either, So there you go.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people that struggle with your name, by the way, a lot of.
Speaker 1: The Leading Tower of Pisa. It's not that hard. I mean, let's continue on. Franmil reyes DFA by the Royals, only twenty seven years old, and he was terrible this year. This is such a perplexing one because when he landed in Cleveland, a couple of years ago Welsh he started to really pop and we're like, yeah, okay, friend Mill is gonna be that big boy d H kind of thing. He's gonna go smack thirty homers every year. Maybe I'll hit two fifty.
Speaker 2: But remember me last year, I was like, fran Mil might hit forty, Like he's gonna tap it, and you.
Speaker 1: Just didn't launch what happened to Franmil. This is one where I just I can't understand it because usually you don't see it happen a player of this age. You know, usually twenty five twenty six year old guys when they start going, well, it doesn't fall off the map. It's weird that he's twenty seven and it's just he's getting DF eight at this point. It's very strange. So I don't know if it's a work ethic thing. I don't know if it's you know, it's it's tough because you also, whenever more than one organization, you know, when you see guys start to bounce some organization organization, sometimes that's a little bit of a red flag on a player. So that's the only other thing I can think of that there's something else there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think what it is, and I would this would be another thing to like go and research if we really wanted to. But I think he was being pitched a certain way for a long time, and I think the league has started to adjust. You also can see new trends, you know what I'm saying. There's more splitters and more sweepers and stuff, and he doesn't have the acumen to adjust to these, and it's completely falling apart. I think that's a big Also, I throw out that Drew Waters has been rehabbing out here in Arizona and he just got sent out to a Triple A assignment, and that's a guy. Once he's done, they're probably gonna send right back up because he did make the major, so he will. I think the writing was on the wall that hey, there is no future here. Drew is a week or so away, and they just let him be free.
Speaker 1: Be free. Not a big Drew Waters guy, but we'll see. By the way, we got to talk about this too, because I know this is hot in the chat too. Earlier, Mason Miller write elbow tightness. Yikes, this is not good. Why does this happen? Why do good things always go bad? So quickly in Major League Baseball feels like this is like the one bright spot for the A's. So obviously, the concerned level whenever you have a Nobow issue is high. So I mean, there's no other way to talk about it. Like you if you're in redraft leagues, this is something where if sil Seth is on the waiver wire, go pick him up right now. You know, don't wait because I feel like if you wait, but.
Speaker 2: Are you saying to drop Mason Miller for him?
Speaker 1: I am, because he pitches for the A's anyway, and if Silseeth's going to keep this rotation spot for any length of time here, which it seems like there's a good chance he does, then what are the range of outcomes? Or Mason Miller news is good Welsh.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a great way to put it too. That's maybe the best way to put it right there, is what are the range of outcomes? My biggest miss on him the whole year was like the thirty innings, Like I didn't see how he was going to go bonkers and what they were going to stretch him to, so kind of this whole time as he's been pitching, I'm like, yeah, this is really fun. But how much are we going to get now you throw on this arm issue? They should baby living crap out of him. He already wasn't gonna get the innings. This does leave the potential if this is not like devastating for the back half of the year, that he can just be let go, as in like he's just gonna go, you know, fly free and we're not gonna have to worry about it. But yeah, I think this is very concerning. I'm I'm a little like, I don't know if I want to.
Speaker 1: Drop until I get devastating image of like you on a mountain side releasing Mason Miller with his wings and five or you know those things where they like release something and then like a bird comes out of nowhere and snatches it and then yeah, like.
Speaker 2: A hawk, Yeah exactly are scary, by the way, But I don't I think I'm a little and lesser. Okay, unless there's a cool option sitting out there, I don't want to be reactive quite yet, okay, because there's discomfort that was felt and that pushed off. If there's a good option, I think you can be a little bit more pushy about it. If it's kind of dicey. Then I'm just gonna hold for just a second and then maybe I can put him on the eye l and maybe I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make the move now. I'm gonna make the move now if there's something there, and I'm gonna be proactive, not reactive, and look at what's worst it can happen. Mason Miller goes on the aisle for fifteen days, comes back and he's fine, and then he's still pitching for the A's. Like that's the thing, Like Mason mill is really good. This is Redraft obviously dynasty, totally different situation. Like you you know, keeper league's totally different situation. Friends don't let friends drop to Oscarnandez Craig Johnson, I see your question. No you can't do this.
Speaker 2: That's like a ten team league. Like yeah, but I'm still not.
Speaker 1: I'm still not even in that scenario. More news too, that's really some interesting stuff going on. So Casey Schmidt got called up from Triple A today. This just happened like like an hour ago. You broke it to me.
Speaker 2: I hadn't even say I broke it to Welsh.
Speaker 1: Which never happens. Usually it's the inverse uh hitting three thirteen, three fifty two lbp just a four to ten slugging. So as Welsh was, you know, giving me the profile, this is a guy who's gonna hit for bating average, make contact, not a big power guy necessarily only as one homer does have a couple of stone bases though three steals thirty two games. The Pirates are calling up Josh Pelasios from Triple A as a guy he's been up and down a little bit before he was a role five guy. He's been crushing a Triple A. I don't know if that carries over. He's got four homers twenty RBI in thirteen games, hitting four thirty four with a five hundred opp so this could be just another lightning in a bottle guy. And then the other interesting note too, David Peterson is not going to be starting today a Triple A, so that start got scratched for him, and not because he's hurt, but because of the injury news that we had this morning or last night that broke. Basically, whereas Max Schurzer's talking about, he's dealing with discomfort in his right scapula near his shoulder blade. To me, this week's of something's wrong. If you've got Scherzer in a daily transaction lineup, you have to take him out today. I don't think this is a good idea. I don't think you start him. I know it, you could bite you in the rear end. I get that. But to me, this is a very clear thing of let's bring Peterson up, Let's let Scherza go out there do his bullpen today. If he feels good in the bullpen, we'll let him start. If he doesn't, boom, he goes on the il and then we have another circumstances. Now, I wonder, Welsh, do you think this in got exasperated by the whole I'm not going to pitch for ten days and instead of doing a rehab start or any other stuff, I'm just gonna go right back. And you know, b Max Scherzer, do you think that that ego centric move there could have dealt, you know, kind of impacted this injury potentially negatives?
Speaker 2: Sure, but he's also been very vocal recently about talking about how the speed of the game is going to cause more injuries and he's worried about it. This could be kind of part of that whole thing. I think because nobody got hurt in baseball the last five years. Yeah, but it's pretty bad right now. But again, we always need a meter though, because it's recency. It's like every time we do this, I do it every single year, we're like, oh my god, are there are more injuries than ever? And then you actually look and it's like last year they were double. I'd love to see what the metric is, but man, it feels like it's a just you can between pitchers and hitters, though, are wise.
Speaker 1: Track remember the number of people on the I L and the number the dollar amount paid to those players on the IL with something astronomical number. We did it every so often, but I'm sure you can look at just from now till like May first in twenty twenty two and see what the real difference is. I mean, to be honest, it's interesting because the minor leaguers who've been coming up for the most part, who have been conditioned to this environment, they don't seem to be having a problem with It's the old farts who are having a problem with It's lance Lynn who's having a problem with it. It's Max Sure's who And I'm a good part too. And that's and look, it seems like that's the theme of the show today, but that I think was to be expected and now it's coming to fruition. But that is something to really keep an eye on. Let's get to some more of the injuries. Max Free going on the fifteen day IL with the forearm strain. This is not good for Atlanta. Another injury here. All that means is that elder stays in the rotation for the foreseeable future. So if you still have that guy you held on and he's been pretty good, just keep holding because he's going to keep getting turns. Ramon Loriano in concussion protocol Suarez we mentioned left shoulder strain. He's on the IL. Nico Horner went on the IL. Christopher Morell was called up. He's twenty three, played one hundred and thirteen games last year for Chicago three point thirty, batting average four twenty five seven thirty with eleven home runs four stolen bases this year in Triple A. Is Christopher Morel somebody you would pick up right now because Nico could be out a while. If that hamstring news is a little bit more severe in terms, I don't think we got a grade yet on that hamstring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, absolutely, one of the better players in the minor leagues. They even acknowledge it. He's a speed option, good power option. Contact has been a little bit of the issue, but he's a total pickup in this.
Speaker 1: Case, total pickup. He's so dreamy, totally So besides the mac Suerzer news, also good news. Finally Corey Seeger being that rehab assignment on Thursday, so that's important. We finally got Travis darnoback you know, difficult stuff there for the concussion protocol and then iron Judge will return today. Rejoice against the Athletics. Here's a fun one, the Mets, who have a giant deficit of catcher since Omar Nevas got on the il Gary Sanchez.
Speaker 2: Now, Sanchez, time for your bullets.
Speaker 1: Am I excited about this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do I understand it? Yes, Tomas Nito can't hit water if he fell out of the boat. He's a great defensive catcher. And Sanchez looks a little overmatch right now. I think I'm Sanchez Alvarez, pardon me. It won't be a matter of time before Sanchez looks overmatch. But Alvarez overmatched as well, So I'm not taking too much out of this, but if you're in a two catcher league and he's floating out there, there might be opportunity here, so you might stash him and see what's going on. Uh, let's talk about three up and three down. John Gray one run over seven innings and it went over the Mariners yesterday. Logan Gilbert on the other side of that game ten strikeouts, he was great six, he.
Speaker 2: Was perfect through six And gonna maybe say it, but had you checked out the trade video last week, maybe a mister Logan Gilbert was at the very top of that trade list and he got Now, he did get whacked around after he lost the perfect game, a load of the bases up, but he was phenomenal in the strikeout were coming. And I don't know, this actually might still be like an opportunity out there, because my big thing was by if you didn't he was, you know, six perfect, but then it kind of leveled itself out, so there might be still a good buying opportunity. It is so interesting how he him and George Kirby are kind of like polar opposites right now, where Kirby is still performing well as I've been describing it like a Shane Bieber esque but he's not striking guys out, and Logan Gilbert hasn't been as good on the surface level, but the strikeouts look like they are coming, and he's a he's still a great buy right now.
Speaker 1: Uh, here's a good question, actually, Razor, you know, asked what is Rule five? And I know some people really, you know, some like casual baseball fans really don't get what that is. Rule five draft has a lot to do with the forty man rosters. So basically, if a player is I don't know, if it's out of options with their club.
Speaker 2: It's being three years, five years with the organization. What's what's wacko for a lot of people is when you see guys that are like twenty years old and you're like, what or more from.
Speaker 1: At sixteen or something like that.
Speaker 2: Guys that signed at sixteen years old and they've been with that organization that long five years, You've got to be on the forty man roster. If the guy's not placed on the forty man roster, then they become a Rule five eligible, which means the team can draft them, but they have to keep that person on their major league roster and if they don't, they have to return them to the team or they can like buy the player. It's really weird an odd It's one of baseball's mini odd like and wel were's.
Speaker 1: Been some great guys. Joan Santana, I remember, was a Rule five guy. Josh Hamilton because of obviously the drug issues and you know other things, he ended up being a Rule five guy. Shane Victorino was a Rule five guy. Dan Augla who had a lot of good seasons there for the Marlins. He was a Rule five Nestra Cortes. Oh, that's interesting. George bell I did not Wow, that's that's one I did not see on this list. But yeah, we have some quality players over the years who've been Rule five picks. Anthony Santander actually playing now for the Orioles, so r A Dicky ended up winning a Cy Young for the Mets. That's a pretty good Rule five draft pick. Glabor Tour is the last of the three stars yesterday, he went yard, got that. That was another one of the bets yesterday. The total bases in the runs, Boom got it. One swing of the bat. It's all you need. The downs yesterday to ask Hernandez we mentioned earlier over four to three k's, just just stay true, just Benjamin until he gets hot again. Corbyn Carrol over five with three k's and Dylan Ceese seven earned runs. Well, she had to feel really good about this one because you were negative, Nancy about Dylan SE's going into the year. How can a man with a mustache that good pitch so bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. And also I continuously think about as I do because I don't let things go. Was that very first game where he was awesome and lots of tweets about like, oh as your Dylan cease now and he has kind of been mediocre this entire time through. I think Gila might be down a little bit. It's the way he commands the pitches. He's a he's a walk machine, and he's given up a lot more runs. He's getting away with a lot less stuff. It ain't good. It's not good now. I don't think I'm my bold prediction is right where he was going to be the third most valuable of the fantasy guys. But we are in a world or Lucas gi Alito might be more valuable when Dylan Cees, you know, give three or four more.
Speaker 1: Start might I'll say it right now. If he is right now, well, look he's going to be more valuable when all said and done. In draft capital, Dylan Cez was going as a top ten ish starting pitcher. Lucas Gelito was at what twenty four, twenty five. I want to say in ADP overall, I.
Speaker 2: Mean from a value perspective, value perspective, right now, g Aledo makes more sense. But yeah, I mean, and looking here, Dylan Ceese is getting smacked around. If you guys want your big differences here, this is probably the biggest one hard hit percentage. He had an awesome so he was controlling you know, how guys were making contact last year top seven percent of the league in hard hit percentage only thirty one percent last year. This year bottom three percent of the league fifty three percent hard hit. He's also his strikeouts are down to the lowest it's been in the last two years. His walks are back up, and it was kind of the story about you know the expected era too. It's even though he's got a five to five VRA, it's four seven one, so it's not that much better. So he is getting hit a lot harder than he was last year, and that's a big key. Plus the fastball is down over a full mile per hour as well as the slider, So you've got Velo down ticks and he's getting hit hard. It ain't good.
Speaker 1: It ain't good. And you can pick your friends and you can pick your prizes, but you can't pick your friend's prize picks. So you gotta do it yourself, which means you gotta go to Prize Picks, download the app or go to prize picks dot com. Use that promo code leading off, and you get one hundred percent to pause a match up to one hundred dollars. Welsh, what do you have for the people today?
Speaker 2: Oh right, I've got four plays for you today, even though I don't like a lot of the bets today, I don't have a bunch of bets.
Speaker 1: I do like. The last two days were much better Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm gonna not try to overdo it today. But here's what I've got. Houston Angels, no run first inning, frambur and show Heyo Tani. I'm gonna obviously you're gonna have the big dogs in there, but I'm gonna play that one. Logan Webb Fantasy Square thirty two and a half. It's a good matchup, and I believe he's hit this like four straight starts. Pete Alonzo one and a half total bases versus Luke Weaver, Yes please, And going back to that Houston game, Framber Valdez strikeouts five and a half. This is a great play against Houston as long as they are not tagging him a whole bunch. But these four plays, I all like them. I think I like them equally. Maybe the one I would be careful about for all you guys is like total bases. I've been pretty brutal about you know, k's. I've been decent. I can find some of these others total bases have been tough, So be careful. But I do like Pete Alonzo a lot today.
Speaker 1: Tread lightley, but still be ready. Now let's continue on with my prize picks for the day too. I'm gonna keep this one pretty simple. Max Sure's are under six and a half picture strikeouns. I see what I did there, and this is before this other I just read about the news. Now, the problem is if he doesn't start, obviously, this is gonna be Yeah. If he starts. This is a great one. Yeah, please get in there now, MOOKI. That's eight hitter Fantasy points over and Fernando Tatist Junior eight and a half over bets today, I've got a double parlay for you. So two here, the two legs, which is you know it's yesterday was about money lines, today is about overs. I think there's a lot less good pitching on this late today, which typically means you're into either bads learning pitching, and then early middle relief, which is typically where you get a lot of good runs. So nine and a half on the Brewers Dodgers game, I'm gonna go over on that one, and over on the Minnesota Twins Padres game, where you've got the Varland and Waka and the other one who got lower and cindergard. I think those are two environments that should produce more than nine runs or nine and a half. So if you put those two together get plus two sixty five. If you look at Zach Efflin's number four and a half k's on betting pros, you're getting plus one twenty four. You take the over on that. It's a small number. Four and a half's a small number against Baltimore. It's a team. You've got some k's in there, and Lucas Gidlito, the afore mentioned best pitcher on the White Sox. Five and a half kays, I'm gonna go the over on that. You're getting plus one ten Welsh. What do you have on the betting line today?
Speaker 2: I'm only got two plays currently that I'm jumping into. Again, yesterday was pretty good on any of the totals and stuff like that. So my two plays are Arizona Miami, so the Diamondbacks and the Marlins. First five so through the first five innings four and a half overruns, so I'm projecting out for five runs. Hasus Lozardo obviously good, but both of these teams, as far as what they've been giving up, especially the Marlins giving up and the Diamondback's been scoring, Brandon Fott is a huge question mark, you know what it's It's actually kind of a masochistic play because it's like, if I don't hit this, this probably means Brandon Fought is pitching really well. But Fought hasn't looked super good. So I just need five runs out of this, and the Marlins have been giving that up. So I'm going with the first five over and Framber Valdez strikeouts. It's the only play I think Otani, I'm very tempted to get into. I think that's playable, but Framber is a it's a good value five and a half over.
Speaker 1: Those are my I'm staining away from that game today that I don't like those four outcome games, that it'll always scare the crap out of me. Maybe you take the under in that game. Maybe that's the best way to approach that one potentially.
Speaker 2: Feels a lot better too.
Speaker 1: Kevin Cotrell here in the Chat and the Penis and cracker Jack, saying, I really wish I did more research on Ceas before I drafted him. Kevin, this is why you subscribe to the MLB channel here in Fantasy pros because I don't know if there was a show where Welsh didn't say how much he did not like Dylan C's going in, like, I really don't it was Corbyn Kenall is the greatest player that ever lived and Dylan ces is the worst. I'm pretty sure that was. I just have an entire off season, right.
Speaker 2: It's like that scene in Guardians where it's like you're missing a few key details, but for the most part, as far that's it.
Speaker 1: That was a great line too. Well, you know what else is great? So rare So rare dot com is amazing. Go to Fantasypros dot com slash collect to sign up today for so rare uh and build and manage your own fantasy baseball teams just like a pro. It's the ultimate fantasy baseball platform where you can actually own your cards and win or lose your cards of yours so you could buy, sell, trade, scout, do the whole thing. Fantasypros dot Com slash Collect play so rare MLB today. The next era is yours Welsh in terms of DFS. Here's what I like today. Lucas Gilito nine point three, Aaronola eight point eight, Hazeos was Zardo. Let's get with the Lizardman nine point five stacks today again. Minnesota, San Diego, New York. That's I think where you're looking. Milwaukee could probably throw in there against Cindergard too. He stinks. Matt Murvis is a value two point three, Alex Kiroloff just two point two, and jaj Bleday two point seven. He's hitting Boss Hart all over the place. That guy home run boards today taking a look at the home run leaders again. Fantasy Bros dot Com slash chat to join our discord. We've got MLB, We've got NFL. It's free to join. If you want to go premium, you can go participate in the home run called contest Primetime at the top at fifteen, Zerto at thirteen, Razor Ramon BHB and Calson at twelve. Right now, I'm going tonight Welsh with Aaron Judge returning Aaron Judge against the Oakland A's sign me up? So the Judge comes back and I got a home er and yesterday from Jose Ramirez, I broke this. I'm alive again. I think that's five now for me. So Welsh, where are you going for your dinger? Today?
Speaker 2: Donnie was killing me. If people have noticed it, my shirt has been bugging me. It's like Welsh has fixed his collar today more than Rodney Dangerfield, no respect, no respect. My shirt has been driving button nuts. I can visually look at it like the shirt we got.
Speaker 1: One hundred and something. You know, got a overwhel over one hundred and fifty people watching live right now. Maybe you take another button down. It goes up to one eighty.
Speaker 2: Well I did see no, I had the button down, but like the shirt was falling. It was just driving me nuts. So if you guys were wondering what the hell I was doing, it was just absolutely driving me crazy. Which intern drove you crazy? Home runs drive me crazy because I want them to get out. I wanted Julio.
Speaker 1: Yes, the numbers just went up. By the way, when you all right, let's go there we go eating off all.
Speaker 2: Right, farts in a jar and unbuttoned in the shirt. Today, I'm gonna go with Peter Loss. You probably could tell where I was going to go that I should don't. I don't really know where to feel out any of this stuff. There's a little part of it. And also that looked at Jazz Chisholm with Brandon Fott homers. Brandon Fought gives up a lot of homers, so there might be a play with the Marlins. That's again me being like, but I'm gonna go with beat Alonzo going up against Cincinnati. It's a great destination. Luke Weaver a little bit dicey here, So let's go with Alonzo and a big fly trying to get closer to double digits. I want to get on that board. I've got seven, let's get eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still behigh. I get the six today, that'd be good. Here's one from Chris in the chat. How long are we holding Matt Mervis for? Have been striking out a lot since he's been up. Look, this is what you gotta do. You gotta just be patient with these kids, Like this is if you can sit him, you sit him. You wait till he shows you a little bit of life. But nervis. I think we know he's a guy who's gonna have some swing and miss, but he's gonna have some big power as well, So I think you kind of know what you're getting into.
Speaker 2: You can't pick up any of these guys and be frustrated after five games, like you just gotta roll. Like my if I'm going to invest in any of these rookies, if it's a hitter, you gotta do minimum two weeks. You got to not even think about what's going on after two weeks. You really, especially with bigger prospect names, you should commit to like a month pictures. You got to get like three or four starts, you know, like Brandon Fott last week. Lol, haha, Brandon Fott suck, but like, let's see what happens today, and let's see what happens in the next start. It's two decent matchups. He keeps giving up four homers a game. Say you kick it to the rocks. I'll send him a jar of farts if he does that. Otherwise, let's wait it out a little bit, all right, respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one other thing too wonky was questioning if anybody knows who Rodny Dangerfield is in this chat, and that would make my hard reference if he didn't the references in here. Yeah, but I will say this, if you don't go watch Back to School. It absolutely holds up. It's still hilarious. I think I'll watch it, like a year ago. It was one of my favorite movie. I remember as a kid being taken to that movie when I was probably too young to see that movie. You also see a young Robert Downey junior playing the other with his friend, his son's friend who lives in the dorm with him. It is hilarious. It's a great eighties movie.
Speaker 2: Gonna hate about me School.
Speaker 1: School.
Speaker 2: I just don't recall I wasn't my most memorable Rodney Dangerfield movie. This is very nineties of me is natural born killers. When he plays what's her Name is?
Speaker 1: Dan? Some people saying lady bugs, I mean Caddy Shack. He's brilliant in I mean, of course he would be Caddy Shack. That I wonder about what you're doing with your life. But another easy money him and Joe PESHI that's a fun.
Speaker 2: Great group. My actually favorite thing about Rodney Dingerfield is I'm a big comedy guy. I listened to lots of comedy podcasts. I like hearing comedians relive their experiences with Rodney Dangerfield. That's actually my favorite intertwining with Dangerfield because a lot of people have had time with him and funny interactions and the roads.
Speaker 1: And he was such a great supporter of comedians, which was so cool, Like so many careers launched because of him. In that nightclub he owned where you know, he gave people shots and opportunities. So there you go, and we appreciate you giving us a shot an opportunity every single day. Here and again. Subscribe to Fantasy Rose MLB Welsh's trade video Is it out yet? Where? It's coming out soon any minute now, could be tomorrow. The Waiver Wire video, So get on that subscribe today. I see we're up to three point three. We're closing in on fifteen K. We get to fifteen K, it's the week of wigs here. I will wear a different wig every single day. We get to fifteen K, it's gonna be a beautiful thing, a great time to be alive. Thanks for joining us today. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, and enjoy baseball.