Speaker 1: Welcome to the Thanksgiving episode of Podmet's World.
Speaker 2: We're coming to you from a very.
Speaker 1: Special place, a place you've heard a lot about, a place you've seen occasionally on our socials. We are coming to you from Redwood Shire, writer's childhood.
Speaker 3: Home under the Weird Weird.
Speaker 4: I feel like it needs its own theme music. It does, it does, it would just it's like a Lord of the Ring.
Speaker 3: Game of Thrones opening kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was absolutely shocked, pleasantly surprised by how much I did remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we pulled up, I was like, yes, it's still the same house I remember from thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: Absolutely beautiful. The trees are incredible. Everywhere you turn there's another story and another. You know, your mom's art that she has, the sculpture she's built, that all represent little moments or memories from your life.
Speaker 2: It's so much fun.
Speaker 3: There's a pet cemetery, literal pet cemetery.
Speaker 1: A literal pet cemetery. Yeah, where every dog is described as sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it gets me is the perfect dog, Yeah, he was perfect. And then there's Gordy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gordy just gets a statue of himself at the life size statue of him, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, it's so great to have you guys up here.
Speaker 4: I it's like, will you've only been here once in the Yeah, like thirty years ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you probably don't remember much of anything.
Speaker 7: I didn't remember literally anything until I pulled up and got into the house, and then I started to remember things.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, okay, yeah I remember this. I remember that.
Speaker 7: What I did not remember because I was I'm in Shiloh's room, right, and there's so much gym equipment in there.
Speaker 3: Makes sense. Shiloh was in such good shape when he was growing up.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was that way.
Speaker 3: This is why Shiloh was so technically.
Speaker 4: That was our room that we shared at first, and then we both moved up to the third floor and we realized that because if third floor was just an attic, and then we we finished it, you know, like put dry wall and painted, Peter braded it, Peter braid. I guess I just want to get the reference. And then we moved up there, and then Shiloh was like, oh, I want my own room, and he moved back down to that and then I had the whole third floor of my SNS, and then I had like a minie pool table for a little while sharper image.
Speaker 6: So I had that. I begged my parents to get it for me.
Speaker 3: And then never learned how to play pool. Now still like we.
Speaker 4: Would sit there and like, you know, hit the balls like and I like, I definitely played it with my friends. Never got good at pool, and I was so I was just in Ireland and my friends were.
Speaker 3: Like, cool, let's go play pool because the.
Speaker 6: Local friend that we were like hanging out with, you gotta play. It's like and I'm like, no, if I play, like I will ruin the.
Speaker 4: Night because I'm so bad that it takes forever. So like I just opted out of pool, and I'm like, why did I.
Speaker 6: Never learn pool?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you had it, Like I grew up with a with a like a full sized pool table. It's one of the few things like we we didn't have a lot of toys and games.
Speaker 6: You were good.
Speaker 3: I even did the table.
Speaker 7: I mean the move on the show broke a world record, that's true, Yes, I know. I I then I had a pool table in my apartment in Burbank, but every time I touched one of the cues of the balls, the guy under downstairs would bang on the thing, knock it off up there.
Speaker 3: It's three o'clock in the afternoon and I'm playing pool. So yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 2: Never really get to do that.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 7: I also have a correction, an apology for all Brady bunch of fans out there.
Speaker 3: It was Greg Brady that moved up to the Everyone's.
Speaker 8: The wrong, the wrong Brady because we've gotten ten email exactly.
Speaker 3: I felt it felt a disturbance, Brady Forest. If a Brady moves to the attict, does anybody hear it? Yeah, that's the question.
Speaker 1: So, because we're here to celebrate Thanksgiving together, we kind of just impede it on your family's Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 6: We always have people like you know, We've always been a house that we're like anybody we can come, come. But yeah, this, I'm so glad it worked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, because we're here to celebrate Thanksgiving, why don't we talk about a few of our favorite and not favorite Thanksgiving traditions.
Speaker 4: Not a fan of turkey, okay at all, It's just a waste of a meat.
Speaker 2: Oh I love turkey too, I love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but then why don't we eat turkey any other time of the year?
Speaker 7: Because my wife says it's for Thanksgiving, and I'll say I want second Thanksgiving and third Thanksgiving, and she says that's not a thing.
Speaker 2: Well, here, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: My brother's birthday is in June, and my brother loves Thanksgiving and he loves turkey so much, and for his birthday, he said, all I want is to have a Thanksgiving meal for my birthday.
Speaker 2: Yes, you cannot buy turkeys in June.
Speaker 3: What what there were.
Speaker 2: No turkeys to be had. That's it. There's just you turkey in June. She could not by a turcause.
Speaker 6: Everybody knows it's a crappy meat.
Speaker 4: It's not it's just worse chicken.
Speaker 7: It's like, so you don't like like a nice like even at the grocery store, like a turkey sandwich, you're not.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's fine, there's nothing wrong with it, but I would never select that over like, yeah, chicken sandwich or ham or.
Speaker 2: I love turkey too.
Speaker 6: I love turkey.
Speaker 3: Turkey's grown.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're not a fan of turkey, that's a Thanksgiving tradition you don't love.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about when you do love stuffing?
Speaker 6: Okay, we're talking food, but traditions.
Speaker 3: I don't really have like many.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess just the tradition of like, uh, people getting together and cooking stuff, you know, like when we cooked.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, Like it's so fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like hanging out and you know, realizing that it's like three in the afternoon and you have nothing to do and there's like no responsibility, and you're like, oh, but we we have.
Speaker 6: A whole day together. Still they just eat. That is like truly relaxing. And I remember that as a kid.
Speaker 4: It was excited, you know, to see all the adults and everybody like in a house together and like having nothing to do.
Speaker 6: I just love that. So that's kind of generic answer. That's like the whole most Susan.
Speaker 7: Susan got sick and couldn't come, and so Danielle and I went to the other part of Redwood Chire, which is in where you're another cat, and we were on stuffing and I think I think we did.
Speaker 6: Okay, oh my god, that's stuffing is probably the best stuff you be.
Speaker 3: That's suit cook.
Speaker 7: So that I mean, that was but I think we did agree show pretty pretty darn well together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So yeah, I was I was happy with that.
Speaker 1: I was concerned that it was going to be a difficult recipe because I'm not I'm not great at difficult recipes. And then I read the instructions and we started doing it, and I was like, oh, this, if this is tasty, this is worth too bad, but this is worth the effort.
Speaker 7: Juice is worth the squeeze. Yeah, and you also took the recipe. You're like, I'm keeping that.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was a handwritten recipe, which I also appreciate. And I was like, you don't need to go home with this because it's your wife's recipe.
Speaker 2: So I'm just taking it.
Speaker 1: And then Sue asked me, I mean to Alex asked me to take a picture of it. Yeah, so I'm going to take a picture of it. We're all going to be making Susan keeping this.
Speaker 8: Or can we give this to the audience.
Speaker 3: I will have to ask the lady, the chef or something.
Speaker 2: I mean, my instinct is we've got a gatekeeper exactly.
Speaker 6: It it's merch.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's the only way you can get it is it's stuffing.
Speaker 3: Oh that's kind of great.
Speaker 6: I love that. Did you guys have any unique traditions growing up?
Speaker 1: I mean, we have a very unique one, which is that we actually celebrate Thanksgiving on Friday, which.
Speaker 3: Is why no matter when it falls, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: We celebrate on Friday. My cousins work in the service industry and they always have to work on things giving makes sense, or they work in a profession where it benefits them to volunteer to work on Thanksgiving and then they can get Friday off for sure, and then they get definitely get Christmas off.
Speaker 2: So we we.
Speaker 1: Have just decided as a family we're going to sell it. We do Thanksgiving on Friday. So for the last couple of years, we've had a free day on Thanksgiving. We used to spend them Thanksgiving Day with Jensen's family, but after his mom passed, we were then like what are we going to do with our day?
Speaker 2: So last year we.
Speaker 1: Went to a friend's house and did another friends Giving on Thanksgiving Day, But then we had a full blown next day also Thanksgiving with our family, and it was like, guess what forty eight hours too much? Is too much Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: When you say free.
Speaker 7: Day, you mean like the purge, like no rules, Yeah, murders legal.
Speaker 2: Exactly, That's what we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the actual Thanksgiving days when we commit all our crimes and there are no consequences.
Speaker 3: All. Yeah, that's awesome, that's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the actual Thanksgiving Day is kind of just a relaxing Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 1: Can start prepping. I can start I start doing these before in your family at gathering then so, gosh, it used to be more, but some people have passed. But it's my aunt and her husband and then her two sons, their families, my brother, myself, my mom, it was up until this year, my grandfather who was ninety nine and a half, right, yeah, and then Jensen's mom.
Speaker 2: So yeah, a little little bit of a smaller group.
Speaker 7: And you do the cooking for everybody. Absolutely not, That's what I was wondering. I was like, wow, you're cooking for twenty people.
Speaker 2: No, my aunt, my aunt does most of the cooking.
Speaker 1: My mom brings pies, and everybody kind of, you know, similar, everyone kind of brings the thing they love my family stuffing. Because my mom's side of the family is Maltese. It isn't stuffing, it's dressing. But we always called it stuffing.
Speaker 6: What does that mean.
Speaker 8: It's flavorful grease, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: So you meet it's like meat and rice and celery, and it gets stuffed inside the turkeys, cooked inside the turkey, inside the turkey, so it's got all those juices. Yeah yeah, which is really good, delicious, all the juices and whatever. So it is kind of greasy, but it's also meat.
Speaker 8: It's like, what type of grease. It's very greasy. It's very.
Speaker 2: Carefully careful, so it's okay.
Speaker 9: What I'm saying is like when I saw a very tipang of Christmas, I was like, wow, what what a what a mean girl forcing everyone to do her traditions. And then I realized the first time I ever went to official holidays, well, you know, you can't do this stuffing now that someone a non alien is here. It's It's truly it was an insane way to celebrate. And now I think I fixed it.
Speaker 1: I told that he's still the only person who I make. I make regular stuffing for him, and he's the only person who eats it. No one else eats it, No, no one else cares at all. Old top like, yeah, okay, he just stuffing. Yeah, he just likes box like stovetop.
Speaker 2: Well, now I'm going to make you yeh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I would rather have Susans. But I'm saying, yeah, that's the style.
Speaker 3: Right right, yeah, stuffing, stuffing, Yeah, I get that. We didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's dressing, yeah, but we we don't call it dressing. We call it stuffing. So it was also very confusing because it was like, yeah, we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have stuffing, and is that maltesean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's like I think it's a Maltese dish. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: We were as kids when we hit a seven or eight, were stripped and put in loincloths and then sent out to hunt our own dear.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: That's a tradition with just a butter knife.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 3: I had another brother who disappeared to wild turkeys that you and so funny.
Speaker 7: I was talking to your dad because we were last night having which is another debate we can talk about. We're having a dark meat light meat conversation. Yeah, and what family you know who grabs the dark meat and who grabs a light meat. And your dad was so funny because he's at the kitchen and he's just like, well, obviously people aren't talking about wild turkeys.
Speaker 3: He's like, because dark meat is disgusting. He's like you don't want to the darkt Wilkey in general is disgusting. Well, he says, really, maybe that's.
Speaker 6: What turned me off.
Speaker 4: Of yeah, I mean having to clean your own animal too, Like it was never fun, Like I just never.
Speaker 2: I wonder you were a vegetarian, well, you know, honestly.
Speaker 4: Like, so I was raised a vegetarian and then started eat trading lunches and eating meat when I was like twelve or thirty.
Speaker 6: My parents didn't really care, you know, they weren't like enforcing it. So I started eating.
Speaker 4: Oh and then I also discovered fast food when I was around that age, like I would get whatever. But then in biology class, so this is when I was like fourteen fifteen, we dissected a rabbit and I was like, this is disgusting. I was so turned off, and I'm like, if I can't do this, I don't have the right to eat meat like that was. I should be willing to kill an animal and eat it or just ethically. And so I became a veginarian because of that, you know, because of my disdain for you know, I.
Speaker 1: Could help you the animals that we eat, that we get from the stores and stuff, they've all died from natural causes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of old age, usually being loved by a family.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: They died of being too loved yea, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Too well fed, too well fed to love, to close their eyes, they give their friend. They're like, it's natural, Please use my body to sustain you. And then as they die, they automatically are cut into pieces. Yeah, and skinned.
Speaker 3: They it's only that's the circle of life.
Speaker 4: That's so much creepier and like like any of the actual factory farming vicious, that's worse.
Speaker 6: Like that exactly.
Speaker 4: It's so funny because I sacrificial animals, like happy meat animals. What that's our company, Happy animals. You know, we're growing synthetic meat, Like that's like chicken. I guess it wouldn't even be synthetic. It doesn't that make.
Speaker 6: Sense, Like if you could just grow meat and blockers like gas.
Speaker 3: And they can grow diamonds. I mean, I guess they can grow meat, right, but I.
Speaker 6: Mean if they can perfect that, that makes so much. If it's not a sentient bean, but it's still producing the flavors and the like. I guess. So I did.
Speaker 7: I dissected something in school and I was just the opposite. I was like, I didn't want to stop. I was so fascinated by everything that I seriously wanted to be started, Chili Cats, I, the Body Works. It was just, you know, everything was incredible. And so I thought to myself, like, I'm going to be a surgeon. That's what I'm going to be. And my mom was like, you got to get really good grades. And I was like, I'm going to be an actor. That's the best thing I'm going to do because I just you know, you but the the actual cutting into a body and fixing something and then closing it is so fascinating to me.
Speaker 6: So I can't I can't even watch like people. I know people watch like videos or like medical stuff.
Speaker 3: No, no, that doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother me at all.
Speaker 2: You know, that doesn't The videos and stuff don't bother me.
Speaker 1: And my dad's had multiple surgeries and we get the videos of inside, you know, like, and I can watch them.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, look at the carte.
Speaker 6: Such a whim.
Speaker 3: You never watch your Kolonoy videos. They're awesome every year every year.
Speaker 8: About writers, I love.
Speaker 3: Merchant.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't like them. I don't like everybody's but but writers videos are very good.
Speaker 6: Aren't they amazing?
Speaker 3: There's always that twists and turns.
Speaker 2: All right, well, what's one of your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
Speaker 7: You know, I think it's it's it's okay. So I realized this again last night, and this is so stupid, but it's something again. Your dad and I were talking about some people have a love of this, and I do. I love cleaning the kitchen afterwards. Oh yeah, I love washing dishes every night. I do. I just I like hum away and my hands are in the warm water and I'm cleaning everything up. I don't there's something about it that I just I enjoy and I usually clean up the kitchen at our house. My wife and I cook together, and then I'm always doing the dishes. But there's something I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: And it's funny. Your dad was like I was.
Speaker 7: He told me He's like, I was a professional a dishwasher for a while and he's like, I.
Speaker 6: Just enjoy it.
Speaker 3: And I'm the same way. I just kind of enjoy the process of cleaning up the kitchen.
Speaker 6: Totally, so totally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then all the little.
Speaker 7: Stuff, the conversations that break out in different groups, and yeah, it's just the whole day is pretty magical. And I was never a huge Thanksgiving person because when I moved out to LA I didn't go home at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Speaker 3: I just went home for two weeks at Christmas.
Speaker 7: So Thanksgiving a lot of the time was me by myself, doing like a fast food or Marie Calendars or something like that. And then when my brother and I moved in together, we started cooking a real Thanksgiving dinner and having a couple friends over and that became more of a thing.
Speaker 3: But Thanksgiving was never really a thing.
Speaker 7: And then when Susan I got together, it's her favorite holiday, so it really took off and now it's like now I love it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, three years while you.
Speaker 9: Were taping, boy means world, you would sit a load of Ree calendars on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: No God, that's sad. They would deliver it to our house, deliver it to my house.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wouldn't even leave the house.
Speaker 3: No God, that would never leave.
Speaker 7: It usually because then it was like we'd have because then I'd fly home again, like what, it's a three weeks later because.
Speaker 1: We'd have a well, and we weren't usually off for two weeks at Thanksgiving. We'd be off for just the one week, right, And so, I.
Speaker 7: Mean I think I did occasionally, but it was rare. Thanksgiving was just kind of another day. I watch football and I'd hang.
Speaker 1: Out in a minute, now that I think about it, how would that be possible with our weeks starting on a Friday. We had to have been off for two weeks at Thanksgiving because they weren't going to make us go back to work the day after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: So we must have had.
Speaker 7: I don't know, because it was like me come back, I wasn't rider was flying, you know, going home for lunch like so yeah, no, but yeah, we'll talk about Christmas.
Speaker 3: I have a great Christmas.
Speaker 7: Tradition Susan than I have, which is a giant NERF gun family NERF gun fight, oh, which takes place on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll go and everybody.
Speaker 2: Because everybody who comes, right.
Speaker 7: So the last time we did it, it was my self, Susan, my stepdaughter Lexi, my son in law Ben, and Susan's ex husband, Lexi's dad all get along very well, and we buy each other different guns and then you get off into the house and there's times where it's like Sue and I one year hid the fact that we each got like giant rifles where everybody have these little like pop pop and then we're coming out like Rambo Lakes spraying the living room so stuff we're diving behind and then we take our.
Speaker 3: Picture of everybody holding up our nerf guns. So that stuff like that was cool. But yeah, it's been it's been nice.
Speaker 7: I'd like to go back and do a nice Christmas in Connecticut, which I haven't done.
Speaker 3: In years, so that would be cool.
Speaker 6: Really, you haven't gone home.
Speaker 3: To no, because you know you Now, I live in la and I've got a wife out here and have our own traditions. That's the thing about traditions.
Speaker 7: It's so interesting is you kind of incorporate some, but then you start your own right and it becomes a whole new things.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: So nobody's had any like like like, do you go around and say what you're thankful for kind of traditions or any of that.
Speaker 3: We do that, Yeah, we do that just before.
Speaker 7: But again it's like last night, there's fourteen of us around a table, so go around and say what you're thinking?
Speaker 2: Well, getting forty.
Speaker 3: Minutes without eating, Yeah, where there's four of you around the table. It's easy. Yeah, I'm happy for you. Let's eat, you know, let's eat your cranbery sauce.
Speaker 1: You know what's a good idea that I might start doing this year is that asking everyone to write down something they're grateful for on a little piece of paper, putting it into a bass get. Then after dinner, before dessert, everyone pulls one out and reads idea.
Speaker 4: I also like the idea of that of something that you could save having like a book or something that, like at the end of the meal, because it would be nice to like commemorate totally, like here's what everyone wrote down in the Thanksgiving journal?
Speaker 1: What it is Thanksgiving journal? But especially when you have small kids, because it's cute to be like, what is it? What are they going to be thankful?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 2: At five? You know, like, what's he gonna what's he gonna say?
Speaker 3: I loved what we did last night. I loved your family's tradition.
Speaker 6: I thought that was great, just holding holding hands and saying like we're so happy to be together. Yea very simple.
Speaker 4: But I also like, if you guys ever been to a cafe gratitude Yes, no, yes, Gratitude.
Speaker 8: Did get investigated for being an actual what I am without.
Speaker 6: Them telling you. We have to order.
Speaker 4: All the things on the menu are called I am, I am something and so so they you would hate this place, say I am blessed.
Speaker 6: They have to tell you what you have to say what you're grateful for before you can order.
Speaker 8: You can skip it.
Speaker 6: Where is this there's I think it started.
Speaker 2: There's one in Large, there's one in Orange County.
Speaker 3: I'm grateful. I have never been the exactly. It's your nightmare.
Speaker 2: It's like the food is so good.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 9: It's a pretty famous story is that the owners were these like hardcore vegans and they created really truly was investigated as a cult, like it's a it's a pretty big deal, a lot of cleansest whatever, and one.
Speaker 8: Day they woke up and now all they do is eat me. Really yeah, they run a full farm like they It obviously affected the restaurant, like people picketed outside it.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm only in there like once or twice. But the food is good.
Speaker 4: It's actually a good, you know, and like you know, the water is blessed or like you know, been like had a ritual over it kind of thing.
Speaker 2: It's I don't know about that. I think you just made that part up.
Speaker 6: No, maybe I'm confusing with another restaurant.
Speaker 4: I definitely remember like somewhere getting like the person bringing the water and being like it's been somewhere, like.
Speaker 8: Gratitude to medieval time.
Speaker 3: Can you believe I've never been to medieval time? What? Well, now the trip, I have never been?
Speaker 2: They back up and running or not?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, I think so since the strike? Yeah there?
Speaker 3: What when did the nights strike? Oh god, a yie old strike, old strike.
Speaker 6: Old Junion collection like organizing. Yeah, no, man, it was it was yeah when we went, so that was like three years ago.
Speaker 4: I guess it was post COVID that because they were they were like picketing outside in full armor.
Speaker 3: Please tell me, Oh god, that would have been great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a great. It's a good show.
Speaker 4: It's incredible horseback riding. Yeah, like that's the part that's the most impressive. Like watching them sword fight.
Speaker 6: It's it's a little hard, you know.
Speaker 3: It's like they're heavy weapons and the heavy armor. God, I do want to go though.
Speaker 2: We should do that. We should do a pod trip.
Speaker 6: Yes, there's one in Vegas, right, is there's one in.
Speaker 2: Your nots very farm.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh yeah, yeah, that's a crazy horse.
Speaker 8: You guys ever had bad Thanksgivings?
Speaker 7: I mean I've had thanksgivings where that all the food goes wrong. You know, I've had thanksgivings like that. Well it's like, you know, you go to you try something slightly different, like oh, we're going to smoke a turkey, we'll be it'll be ready at three, and it's eight.
Speaker 3: O'clock and you're still not even close to being done.
Speaker 7: I've had stuff like that, or you pull the turkey out and it's you've overcooked it by two hours. I mean, I've had stuff like that happen, but never anything like somebody gets drunk and angry. I've never had any of that kind of stuff happened.
Speaker 4: I definitely have had like sad thanksgivings, like where I couldn't go home or was separate, But those are not being kind of nice. Yeah, like the one I'm thinking in particular, we were shooting cabin Fever and our schedule got completely screwed up because we were shut down because we unionized, and anyway, the whole schedule got messed up. And like me and Eli and a couple other cast members like got stuck into North Carolina. Well, none of us could go home, but like a lot of the crew was having Thanksgiving with their family because they were local. So we had like this like kind of sad cabin fever Thanksgiving. I don't even remember where we were. Somebody and like took us in, like us orphans, and I remember being sad, like missing my parents and Shiloh and like not being home because it was like probably the first Thanksgiving I had missed. But that it's also like in retrospect, it was really cool because it was like we were together as like this film, you know, trying to make this movie, and it was just like that in weird way, like the sadness makes it a good memory.
Speaker 8: We had a Thanksgiving at my aunt's house.
Speaker 9: Well, and through marriage, like kind of like an in law situation, like we don't have a whole lot of places to go back in the day with not a lot of family, and so someone married into a family that we could then join. That makes sense, yeah, and always enjoyable, always a good time. And then halfway through dinner one year, the phone rang and that person's grandma died.
Speaker 8: We all just stopped eating and went home.
Speaker 2: That's not idea.
Speaker 8: Obviously. Yeah, we stopped, got in the car. I think we may have picked up like a KFC all the way home.
Speaker 3: Did you have a bad Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Not really, not that I can think of years ago, you know, Yeah, there's still there's still a chance they're still to have a bad one.
Speaker 3: There's still time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say.
Speaker 1: I'm not as I'm not as into the Thanksgiving meal as a lot of people are.
Speaker 2: And it's not because of the turkey. I actually love the turkey.
Speaker 8: What is what?
Speaker 3: What is too much? Start? Too much carbs? But I don't understand where you're going.
Speaker 1: I think I just always fill up on snacks. I like snacks, I know, I like snacks and sides. And so there's always chips and dip at my family's house, and there's also bowls of eminem's and I go over there and so much chip and dip and so many m and ms. Yeah, and then by the time dinner rolls around, I'm like, I kind of.
Speaker 3: Get the chips and dips, but where are the what's pilgrimy about the eminems? I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's not pilgrimy. They just know I'm coming over the.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: They sit in a bowl in front of her and they just they do yell her name.
Speaker 2: I admit that peanut, peanut butter.
Speaker 3: I love pretzel. Okay, I have a question. I already know your answer because it's turkey obviously. No.
Speaker 7: Actually, I'm gonna work strike that. I'm gonna I'm gonna switch it forget the stuffing, because we all agree. What if you sat down at somebody's Thanksgiving table and they didn't have a specific thing.
Speaker 3: What's the thing that would make you go like, wait, what? Who doesn't do that for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: I don't have one nothing, nothing.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, Jensen already told you when you have a family that calls something stuffing and then people come over and they go, what the hell is this fluid?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, the stuffing is the one thing I would be like, I'd be potato, really really mashed potatoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right, mashed potatoes would be one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I'm also I'm not a big fan of it, but I would be surprised if your Thanksgiving spread was lacking yams. Yeah, like I find with yams. But also like it's supposed to be there.
Speaker 2: We do corn and peas, which we can get rid of. Okay, let's just get rid of those. Let's do something else.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm I'm judging on no pumpkin pie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, absolutely no pumpkin pies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense too. I didn't have any.
Speaker 2: You didn't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do desert so full.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm never never too fun.
Speaker 3: I had the one marshmallow last night that ended up on the back of my pants.
Speaker 2: That was so funny. So that is a tradition that if you guys don't do it, do you do the fire pit every year on Thanksgiving when you can.
Speaker 1: After dinner last night, we went out into the gorgeous woods where they have a fire pit, which I also loved the story of your mom.
Speaker 2: Where did she go visit the whole reason she had a fire pit she went to?
Speaker 3: She said, She told us last night, she said she went to.
Speaker 6: Betsy Randall's house and they.
Speaker 1: Had a fire pit, and she said they came back up here and she said, King, build me a fire pit, please, And he built that fire pit. And so last night, after we had this amazing dinner and Will had cleaned the dishes, and we had put away all of our stuff. We all went out, put our jackets on and went out to the fire pit and sat under the stars. I of course was itching everywhere, thinking there must be spiders crawling all over my God, and we played charades by the fire.
Speaker 6: Indies loves the charades, you guys.
Speaker 4: If anybody else had wanted to sing, it would have turned into karaoke, because that's.
Speaker 2: Where that would never will and I would have been like a night every.
Speaker 6: Time we're up here within the last couple of years.
Speaker 4: That's what it becomes, is like, you know, hopefully somebody can play a guitar or whatever and you can actually have live music, but now we have the karaoke speaker, so it becomes a big singing.
Speaker 3: It was fun, you know, I'm really but daniel doing wild Cats was one.
Speaker 7: I just was watching Danielle and Jensen because they were just both It's like you can see a couple that knows each.
Speaker 3: Other well because they're both.
Speaker 8: Just losing it.
Speaker 3: I thought for sure it was just cats the music right, because she was doing a cat.
Speaker 6: We all got it, and she's like they all got a cat.
Speaker 4: It was one word wild, but she jumped up went away from the fire and to starting praying, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, yes, cats the music, and then she pointed to your and then she pointed the house and.
Speaker 2: This cat does not live in a house.
Speaker 3: This cat is.
Speaker 2: And then I would prance around wildly, but then just.
Speaker 6: She wouldn't be able to continue because she'd be so like laughing at herself.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was gonna be my pants.
Speaker 1: I was laughing so hard, and everyone, truly, everyone was yelling things like homeless cat, this cat cat.
Speaker 3: She keeps like wife like waving us off like it's one word.
Speaker 2: It's one word, guys. One were not homeless cats, unhoused cat.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, man, that was fun though, Oh that was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Well, I wanted to say new things Giving tradition. We come up here every year. It's not gonna work. We're not gonna be able to do it every year.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But I do think we could do it once every five years.
Speaker 4: You know. I mean we tend to celebrate Thanksgiving here early like we do, so you know it wouldn't intrude on other Thanksgiving plans.
Speaker 6: I'm all for it, man, I think.
Speaker 7: No, wait, do you guys will there be a regular Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving Day here too or no, this was.
Speaker 4: Actually I think my parents might do something with other friends. I'm not sure, but the reason we do it is so we can have Thanksgiving in La because Alex likes to do a big friends giving. Yea and her parents are down there. So this way we've all you know, yeah, we've We've done this for like the last basically.
Speaker 6: Since Indie's born.
Speaker 4: I think I'll come up here for a pre Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving, then go down there if we can't scheduleise, you.
Speaker 1: Know which, so great, Thank you so much for having us up here. A special thank you to Lennon King allowed us to come up here, had all of our rooms already picked out for us, with where we were going to stay, clean, towels, sheets, comfortable beds. What you didn't speaking of, which will you take your sheets off your bed because I'm going to start laundry?
Speaker 3: I didn't know if I wanted to.
Speaker 7: It's fine, I already made my bed, but I can definitely strip. And I was curious do we strip or strip or not?
Speaker 1: I would strip, strip, and I'll want don't worry about it. It'll be so much easier for you if all you have to do. I was thinking we can get it done before we leave. But if all you have to do is take it out of the dryer and put it back on the bed, that's easy.
Speaker 3: Let us do it. I'll figure this.
Speaker 6: This is quality, this is podcast this is information every podcasting.
Speaker 7: This is sponsored by do you strip your sheets or not at the strip or not to strip exactly?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails podmeets World Show at gmail dot com, and we have merch sue stuffing Merch.
Speaker 2: Pod meets Worldshow dot com.
Speaker 1: We also have a Part two at the Redwood Shire, which is a walk around the property from the day we first arrived. It has some funny moments and some things you're not gonna want to miss, so make sure you check.
Speaker 3: Susie's bar, Justice for Susie, Justice for Susie. Daniel wouldn't even go in. She she literally said, I assume there are spiders in there are not.
Speaker 2: So many spiders in there. It's very narrow and I wasn't doing it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I had just been attacked by a spider as it dropped down from the roof of this strong van.
Speaker 6: So nacked attack like the spider had a vendetta.
Speaker 2: Indeed, I dropped down directly in front of a little mine and its mouth.
Speaker 3: You screamed like like a random shot had taken you in the shoulder.
Speaker 5: In the.
Speaker 3: It was like, what's happening?
Speaker 8: What's happening?
Speaker 2: Will was stopping his feet next to me.
Speaker 7: He was like, what.
Speaker 3: The what am I supposed to be scared of right now? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was a complation of you wanting to save me, but also knowing what you needed to be scared of.
Speaker 8: I want out, but I'm so scared.
Speaker 6: Do you want Do I swing?
Speaker 3: What direction am I swinging in? What's happening? Oh god?
Speaker 8: It was funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, writer, send us out?
Speaker 6: We love you all. Pod dismissed.
Speaker 4: Podmeats World is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischl Wilfredell and Rider Strong. Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Taras Sudbasch, producer, Maddi Moore, engineer and Boy Mets World Superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at Podmeats World Show at gmail dot com