Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, this is the pet you Branson and you are listening to Eyes up here with Branson and my.
Speaker 2: Heart Leading Network or wherever you put your podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm not joined by my chochres chat today, I am joined by an icon in the world of professional wrestling. Everybody, help me introduce the lovely, the talented Hollywood from glew is here.
Speaker 2: My dear. How are they here? Geene? How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 4: We haven't seen each other for a little bit, so.
Speaker 2: I don't recall the last time. It has to have been at least you know what it was.
Speaker 3: You know what was in the Midwest. I think I get all those mixed up.
Speaker 4: It was above Kentucky, Indiana, Yes, I think it was.
Speaker 3: I don't know where's Circle expel maybe maybe somewhere the Midwest. So, but we did see each other, and then it was on the East coast, and now we're going to see each other, I believe on the West coast.
Speaker 1: I can't well, well we can plug that. Russell Con is huge this year Las Vegas. Yes, and I was thrilled to hear that you are going to be there because I am going to be there, so exactly definitely have to bump into each other while we're out.
Speaker 3: We're oh, and we will.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have to because we're going to You look beautiful.
Speaker 3: You look beautiful as always, everybody, the beautiful, Oh, Francine, don't forget well, I'll mention it in one more in a minute, but the beautiful.
Speaker 1: Everybody, everybody. Well, the first thing I want to talk about is your book. Never, I would not forget your.
Speaker 2: Book, if that's what you were referring to.
Speaker 3: I was because I want to tell everybody. I had asked Francine if she would like to do a little blurb for the book, and without hesitation, she said yes, I would love to.
Speaker 2: And I made the cut.
Speaker 1: Yea, I know I was gonna I get a signed copy.
Speaker 3: Yes you will when I see you.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm going to be bringing these to Vegas. But yeah, you did make the cut, miss.
Speaker 1: Honor, that you even asked me to write something so well, you know what you.
Speaker 3: And I had talked, and I could just tell that were a lot the same and side. We think a lot the same way, lots of respect. We don't take bullshit, but you know, we not tell the truth. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And I just knew that you were cut from.
Speaker 3: The same cloth as me. I'm like, I want this young lady, this icon in my book.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 2: I was honored.
Speaker 4: I was honored and being in it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, definitely. I hope I did you some justice.
Speaker 1: And I saw when it came out and I was just like, I have to get a copy of that, so I but I want it signed.
Speaker 3: So it's going to be signed.
Speaker 4: So it's uh, hooray for Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: First of all, wait a minute, you look gorgeous on the cover.
Speaker 2: Look, I love that picture.
Speaker 3: You know what. I decided that I wanted something that was going to stand out, and that some chick with a lollipop in her out.
Speaker 2: It's so cool about it. You look beautiful. Number one.
Speaker 3: John Beta is awesome. John A.
Speaker 4: Beta did this photo and he did the make and it was a little.
Speaker 3: While ago, but obviously it was before that one, the original. You know.
Speaker 4: I love year old, right, it's such a great job.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what stands out to me besides the lollipop is the black and white and the pink, right, margeous.
Speaker 3: And those are my colors anyway, because in Glow I started doing black and pink and I thought, you know what, the gray town because this was a color photo, and I said, in my design cover And she had asked, Genie, can I please do your cover because that's what she does and she teaches it as well, and I sent her this. The lollipop was originally red, the whole you know, red, and I said.
Speaker 4: Let's make that pink. And then she came up.
Speaker 3: I told her I wanted this fight club font, you know, the Fike Club.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: I said yeah, I said I wanted that, and then and then we went through eighteen revisions. I feel bad, but you know, Lily, when you're doing something like that, you want it. And it could be just tiny little things. Oh this up here needs to be darker or larger. Let's move this over to the side and up No, it needs to be you know what I mean, those kinds of things not right. I'm not that picky, but I wanted everything placed in the right position. And then I decided to come up with an limited edition color so on the limit.
Speaker 4: So then we had to go back and add that little.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, if you can see that, it is limited edition. So I have about two hundred and fifty limited edition and those ones are going to be all all the photos here are in color.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's the one I want, of course.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to number them as well, so when you get them, they're going to be numbered in those So I don't offer these. I offer these on my Etsy side and my website right now.
Speaker 4: Amazon has the black and white. So black and white.
Speaker 3: But I I also did pre order a while ago, and I figured if I do pre order, then I can sit down and autograph all of them and then ship them out. Yeah. Sure, people couldn't wait, and I didn't know, but I the published date was Christmas twenty twenty four, and I was just like, what a great Christmas present for me because I've been trying to say, Okay, it's going to be summer, and then I want to shoot, it's not summer now, it's August, and here we are in the fall. I'm like, okay. I kind of think that people thought maybe I was not telling the truth when I said I have a book. I have a book.
Speaker 2: I really do, but.
Speaker 3: In writing one, I'm not that great of a writer to just go love and work on it every single day. I was like, oh, you know, I got to work on this and it wasn't like it was a chore because reading it, it just I was like, wow, that's my story, and you know, and what I did franc scene as I decided to make it in part art, I started doing a little more due diligence. So I went over to Paris's book and Prince Harry and I picked them up and I looked and I'm like, cool, they did it in parts part one. So for me, part one, with all the chapters in it, will be growing up, just you know, I had a very lively childhood, and then part two would be my audition, and then everything about wrestling and Glow. Part three would be when that ended, and then you know, what do you do after? You know? You know, and and then coming up with the different chapters and you know what I wanted to call some of them. I guess this book is like it's things that I participated in, suffered from, I don't know, gained from, and certain things that.
Speaker 4: I've achieved, and so I had to have all of that in here.
Speaker 3: So if you are a fan of Glow the Gorge, Ladies of Wrestling, or a fan of me, this is a perfect book I think too. For everybody and another thing that I thought to you. It wasn't just oh, I did wrestling for these for this particular company for four years, write a book. But I thought since I was the first one hired for the pilot, I mean, we didn't know what we were doing. Seriously, I had no idea the sport of wrestling because I didn't watch it. I really didn't. And what do you watch in the seventies, you know, I mean you're watching Wonder Woman and Batman and Batgirl and those kind of shows growing up. So I did remember my grandfather watching it, you know, but I don't know anything about wrestling. And so I thought this is a good story for me to tell because I was there for the pilot. I was there for a season one, two, three, and four, and I figured I would be the perfect person to talk about this, you know. And yeah, absolutely, And it's the truth. When you read it.
Speaker 4: I don't embellish anything. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: Exactly as it happened. I'm not making up anything. These are my words, my truth, and things that happen to me. So you'll just go, oh my god. I've had some people read it already they're like, oh, and they'll name something and they put they slapped their hand, you know, over their head.
Speaker 4: I'm proud of it because I made it classy.
Speaker 6: I didn't make it trashy. I love that, you know what I mean classy? I honestly do know what you mean. Yes, and I could trust me. There are some parts in there, you know.
Speaker 3: I was careful. You know, bullying. I'm a huge advocate of bullying, and and there are some things that are very hurtful, so you'll read it. I read it and I'm like, oh that hurts, you know what I mean? Yeah, but I was careful. I had a lawyer look over everything because, you you know, just in case there was a word or two that should you know. When you're writing it, you're like, because you're you're in it, sometimes you have to step out of the box again and reread it for the first time. And I will say for anybody who's reading, who's done hasn't done this before as far as errors and everything, have people help, have editors in there, go over on four different people doing it well.
Speaker 4: And I still so, I still there's like two commas.
Speaker 3: I'm like, there shouldn't be too commas.
Speaker 2: How do the right because miss happened.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then let me just let me just correct and you're an advocate against bullying. Bullying, yes, against it ladies and gentlemen. Sorry, no, no, no, I want them to know that you are one of the sweetest people I've met.
Speaker 2: So she's not a bully, not a bully at all.
Speaker 1: No, that book, let me tell you, playing a heel I got.
Speaker 3: But for U ever, I understand, don't don't. Yeah, don't think.
Speaker 4: I'm weak because I'm not.
Speaker 3: I will always give the benefit of the doubt because I hated growing up when kids judged You don't judge a book by its cover, right, Its beautiful. I love this.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I asked my boyfriend Ole Ryan.
Speaker 3: What do you think of this?
Speaker 5: Oh, oh my god, he goes, that's the one that is that.
Speaker 1: That's listen, guys, I'm she's holding up the book right now. For those listening, it's thick. Book is thick. So she has four hundred pages.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: How long did it take you from the beginning to end to complete this?
Speaker 4: So I started writing down notes in nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's when I wrote the notes. And you know what, I'm glad I wrote those notes down because later on, when I'm remembering, I went back to those notes and I went, oh, more detail. You know, sometimes you lose is the detail.
Speaker 2: So did you write those notes as a journal or were you planning to write a book from it?
Speaker 3: No? Not as a journal. Okay, so I was planning to do a book anyway, I'm like, Okay, the show is over. I need to talk about this.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: There are stories about going to jail.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know there are two. I mean, these things are actual things that happen. These are things that here.
Speaker 4: I am an Italian family.
Speaker 3: Mom and dad go to church. Hello, exactly, right, So you know what those values are.
Speaker 4: You're you're born, you're raised a certain way.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: Right, there are rules and there are many famous dinners that we have, and we're a family and we're very tight and we're very close and we always have been and that's such a wonderful thing.
Speaker 3: And also my parents they are still together. My mom is eighty two and my dad it's going to be a eighty six in a couple of months, and it's like wow, you know, and good jeans and that's a good thing with mom and dad. You would look at them and not think, you know, they Mom never got sun, so she stayed out of the sun. But she's gray. And oh they're sweet. There's pictures of them in the book. That is just a door that I had to put in there. But yeah, they taught me right from wrong. But they also let me have a lot of independence because you know, back in the seventies, i'd say bye, we're gonna ride our bikes and we would take off.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it's funny you mentioned that.
Speaker 1: I try to tell my kids because my kids now, my daughter is fifteen and my son's going to be thirteen next month.
Speaker 2: Right around here, I know, Oh my gosh, all.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm sorry, scary.
Speaker 2: No, kids don't play outside anymore.
Speaker 1: It's dulced because of all these friggin' devices that they have, and they're glued to the computers and the iPads and whatever. I would tell them like when I was because I was I was born in seventy two, so like.
Speaker 2: I was in three. Okay, I was a kid in the seventies a little too young.
Speaker 1: But then the eighties is when you know, you go out, yeah, and you would listen, you would play outside and you would listen for your mother to call you, and that was when you used to come home. And all the Italian moms because I lived in the little Italy part of Italy in Philadelphia, all the Italian moms would scream our names and you listen to your mom.
Speaker 2: And then you would go home. So I wanted to tell my kids like that was the way that.
Speaker 1: But they don't get it because nowadays nobody does that anymore.
Speaker 2: And it's sad.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like childhood when we were younger, was so much more worthwhile than what it was.
Speaker 3: Free. Yeah, I know it's a terrible word, free and easy, but I mean mom and Dad already told us someone comes up to you, someone does the scream, run the other way. We already had that embedded already. Yeah. But I think if I have children, young children today, I'd be like, I'd want to give them that freedom as well, but I'd be scared to death.
Speaker 2: I just it's terrifying. And I'll tell you what. I don't know if you know this, but we pulled our kids out of school.
Speaker 3: We homeschool good.
Speaker 2: I've been home schooling since the pandemic four years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's every other day it's a school shooting or you know, something's happening and I can't.
Speaker 2: My nerves are bad.
Speaker 3: As it is as it is, right, I couldn't.
Speaker 1: Deal with that stuff, so I find it. I mean, they're safe, but they're more sheltered. That's the that's the point. They're more sheltered. But at least I know they're okay.
Speaker 3: You know, then they're safe. And even yeah, I wish that I had though, and I should have. I just didn't push it. There were so many rules in our family. Yeah, you know there was coming home at midnight.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll guess what I do. As soon as I came home at midnight, you.
Speaker 3: Went back to that windows? Did you really I did that? Oh I'm trouble, you know. And if my if I had children and they did that today, oh I would ring.
Speaker 4: I'd probably put chains all over their doors windows.
Speaker 2: You don't share your stories with your kids, right, you don't.
Speaker 3: Well, communication is what I would say. Right, Please tell me if you're gonna go out with your friends and you guys are going to the movies, if you go somewhere after, I'm not mad.
Speaker 4: Just tell me where you are.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: I get my parents. I wasn't like that. Oh no, no, oh no.
Speaker 4: Me neither.
Speaker 1: And if you were on my porch, like if you were on the porch with the boyfriend, the lights would flicker, yeah, like to tell you to come inside. And I feel I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh my god, really embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Tilly was back then. You know, I had to be home, Mike. Curfew was eleven thirty. I had to be on the porch by a thirty and then the lights would flicker and.
Speaker 2: I had to be in the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the house.
Speaker 2: That was it. So yeah, I get it. But you know, the kids today, they have it too easy for lazy. They don't want it.
Speaker 3: They don't want to work. That's for most of them. Don't want to work or have a job.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't.
Speaker 1: I mean, my kids are still young enough because they're still in school. And I told them, as long as you're in school, you don't have to work. Once you're eighteen. If you want to live here, that's fine, but you need to get a job.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it with me.
Speaker 2: Told I die, I don't care, you just.
Speaker 3: Work, just work. Yeah, mom, you know that's a good way to keep them responsible as well. Yeah, and my parents are the same way, only though at sixteen, my dad goes, you have to get a job. I'm like, what, Oh, yeah, I wanted to show responsibility. I already had a car. Now, I didn't have a brand new car. My dad bought this car that you will see in the book. Okay, but it's okay. It was a seventy three Plymouth Barracuda. And when I saw it, I'm like, Dad, I go, it's a weird color. Don't worry. Don't worry. Susie Santoyo's dad's gonna do a job for me, and I'm gonna do work for him because he painted cars. Okay, Oh my god. They made my car look so cool.
Speaker 4: But it was this you seventy three badass fast car.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know cars, So you're lucky.
Speaker 3: At least it was far inder Bucks. That's all it was. My dad made me get a job, and I waited, sweetheart, to the last minute, to get a job. And it was a drive through, and I learned never there's nothing wrong with working in the drive through of fast food. However, what is wrong is maybe don't do it right next to your school. Go to another city, please, where nobody knows you, because here comes the bullying. Yeah, it's making fun. I was called the French fry queen.
Speaker 2: But just what French fry queen? You had noney and you had a car, and I had a car.
Speaker 3: I had to put bass in it.
Speaker 2: Screw those kids, you know, kids are so cool. I hate them.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they're selling me.
Speaker 1: They very mean, yeah, very very Oh my god. Well listen, I cannot wait to read this book. It's it looks beautiful. It's on Amazon.
Speaker 2: I have it up here now.
Speaker 1: You can get it in paperback, or you can get it on Kindle, which is exciting too for those of you who don't read. It's coming to that okay, on Amazon right now?
Speaker 2: On Kindle.
Speaker 3: Really you see Kindle? Yes? Wow, I guess it's between last night and tonight. Maybe it's up.
Speaker 1: I mean they're selling it, so I guess it's a pre order. I don't know, but it is a Kindle.
Speaker 3: I will look and also, you guys, if you're interested, it's at my website.
Speaker 4: I have geniebosoone dot com.
Speaker 3: And then there's Hollywood Botanica with a K, which is my soap.
Speaker 4: And then there's Etsy. So I've got it in different different places.
Speaker 3: And when the Queen of Extreme and I are in at Russell Con in Vegas, there you go, it'll.
Speaker 2: Be We'll not letting you go yet. I have a couple more things that.
Speaker 3: You're doing here.
Speaker 1: You're not done yet, are you? Are you watching any wrestling these days? Having kept up with the products and.
Speaker 5: Here, and they're one of my favorite girls, and I'm behind I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I I love Sasha Bank. Always thought you your money with the little Hollywood. Uh. So I know she's gone to is it ae?
Speaker 2: She's in a w under a different different name.
Speaker 7: Yeah, huh Monet money or yeah, I can't even remember, yeah something, but yes, she works over there now.
Speaker 4: She's pretty successful.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so I don't watch a time. I have to be honest. It's just you know, I'm like wrestling. I'll watch it though, and when I do have a chance to go through it. Look at the girls today, Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you there.
Speaker 1: I was called about a month and a half ago to go to NXT for WWE, and I got to go there because it was at the ECW Arena and they were doing like a throwback to Extreme.
Speaker 3: Oh I love it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, they had a bunch of ACW alumni there and I was lucky enough to be one of them that was invited. That's great, And it was pretty funny because they wanted me to referee, but I couldn't referee because.
Speaker 2: Of my abdominal problems.
Speaker 1: Then they wanted me to do backstage interviewing and I was I had larynge Johnaths and so I ended up sitting in the crowd for the woman's ten person.
Speaker 2: Match that they had.
Speaker 1: Okay, the girls work their asses off, and they're so nice and they they all just seemed happy to be there.
Speaker 2: I remember they're all on girl in their twenties, you know.
Speaker 1: We were Yeah, yeah, but it was just fun just looking at it from a different perspective because I didn't have to I wasn't really working.
Speaker 2: I was just there so.
Speaker 3: You could enjoy the show. Notes.
Speaker 2: I didn't have to worry about.
Speaker 3: You do you do when you're sitting in the audience and you're looking do you say yes?
Speaker 5: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I would have done that, or I would do you start doing that a little bit at all?
Speaker 1: Not really, I was just like because they they put the tumor on me just to announce that I was there, and I got out and I waved and started an ecw chan or whatever, and then like there was so much action because there were ten girls in the ring all right, there was so much going on.
Speaker 2: So I was just like whoa hey, yes, whoo.
Speaker 1: And then I had to deal with the men because like it was me and like another girl, and then there were all men.
Speaker 3: So I'm gun you around.
Speaker 1: Me and uh twenty things who half of them were probably like who is this broad coming in at the last because they want, you know, they walk you out.
Speaker 2: Before the main event.
Speaker 1: So there was a seat for me, so they they placed me, and then most people knew who I was, but there were a couple of guys that were probably too young to know where I go hot. You know, They're screaming, like for the girls that were in the ring, like I love you, blah blah blah, and I'm like settled down, like she's not looking at you right now, she's a spot.
Speaker 2: That's what I mainly doing, was like laughing at the people around me.
Speaker 3: I love that, That's what doing. Yeah, it was but this way, a little bit this way and a lot that way exactly.
Speaker 1: But it was just fun to like observe today's product because I dabble in it. Like I don't watch religiously, but I because of the podcast, I try to have to. Yeah, Like you know, I keep up on X and Instagram at what certain people are doing. And like I try to watch some of the pay per views because I do enjoy that. But it's a lot of wrestling in a matter of seven days. Like I do have the time, Yeah, watch like twelve hours of wrestling, Like that's not a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't either. I mean just this book took me so long that you should have seen my office because I had pictures over here. These pictures have to go to part one.
Speaker 4: There was so much going on and people.
Speaker 3: You know, I have a really great friend in Canada's name is Bob Harris, and Bob mentored me on this book. This is the reason this book looks so good. It doesn't look like it is a self published book. I needed to make sure that this book looked like you know, random House picked it up and I didn't no disrespect, but I it had to be perfect. It had to be like something that I would find in the bookstore. And that's my next thing is it's called ingram Spark, and so I have to upload all of that. And what ingram Spark does is it will offer the book to all the mom and pop and the big bookstores if you're in the airport like Hudson, So those people get it from Ingram Spark. I had no idea about this, but I learned that that's where other where this is. But I can't even say it. This is where this will be next in bookstores as soon as I fload it. So okay, you know, and I'm correcting a couple of things in there, which is great that I can do that. You know, I might add a little bit or just correct those two comments that shouldn't be there.
Speaker 1: Oh so for the next publication that goes to Hudson or wherever.
Speaker 3: It's to the bookstores, we'll just yeah, it'll be uh, it's the same photos, everything's the same. But if I saw an.
Speaker 4: Error or an indentation that was incorrect, that little.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that got you. Got you.
Speaker 1: Well, when I think of Glow, you're the first person that always came to mind. And I told you this before, like yeah, you know, I was too young to experience it the first time around. So I watched it in syndication reruns and whatever. And you know, I was always I was my career. I was ninety percent of heel. So I always gravitated to the Fells. And you are one of my favorites. Like your look, your persona, just your character, like I loved you and I told you this. You were one of the ones Hollywood and Vine. You guys were my favorite tag team. I loved watching you perform. You worked there for four years. Right when you get out, do you get offers from WWF, like, hey, we saw you do this, Why don't you come do it for us? Because I can't believe that your only time in wrestling was for this promotion.
Speaker 4: Well, there is a story about that in this book.
Speaker 2: In the book, can you give us at bit without giving away too?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course a lot of people know it already. So I was right in the middle of a broken leg. So I had a broken leg timfip right side and from working in the ring working, yes, yes, And I thought that could never happen to me. Well, it does happen, and so it was, you know, for me, a tragic accident. I thought I'm never going to wrestle ever again. Of course, I'm going to wrestle again. But when WW, I guess it was f at the time came to Los Angeles. It was nineteen ninety nine, and I'd broken my leg in ninety eight, so I'd already I'd still been wrestling after glow.
Speaker 4: I was doing small independent.
Speaker 1: Shows right right, So when I do that, but I'm just saying the bigger state, right right, So here's the bigger.
Speaker 3: One, Rick Bassman. Rick Bassman sent me there and I told him, I'm like, Rick, I'm right in the middle of a broken leg. So I went down there and I hid my leg. I wore sweatpants. Nobody was wearing sweatpants besides me. But I just didn't want them to see the atrophy and the leg and how much I was limping. I mean, I couldn't keep the legs straight out at all. They started asking me lots of questions. Jim Ross was down there, and a couple of different others. Who's your trainer, I'm like, Manda Guerrero, Oh.
Speaker 8: And they're writing down notes. I'm like, oh my god, they like me. I have to tell them right now I have a broken leg. Then I never heard of them again. However, friends oh no. But let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: At that time, I've been working for four years straight and I just wanted to be a regular twenty year old, not having these curfews and to wrestle. I wanted a boyfriend and to do the stuff that I was missing in my twenties.
Speaker 4: And so I was like, screw this, I just want.
Speaker 3: To live life. I want to party with my friends. Now. Do I regret that? Yes? And no. So I was in the mindset like that's okay. When I'm ready, I'll go back. But I never was really ready to go. I just couldn't fathom that. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: Maybe I was afraid.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It could have been afraid, or it could have been like being on the road constantly, like the back in the back of your head. Too.
Speaker 3: Yes, that did, because here I am trying to maintain or get a relationship. I'm like, it's never going to work if I'm on the road. Now.
Speaker 4: Later on, my.
Speaker 3: Sweetheart that I've been with for twenty two years, he's music entertainment and I'm sports and it works perfectly.
Speaker 4: But my mind was not there yet then.
Speaker 3: Too immature, too young. Plus if I would have had someone really to say, hey, you can do this, this and that. Why are you not doing that? It would have been nice to have a mentor back then to say, well, you could do this, and you can do this and do this. I kept thinking that I would be on the road forever, forever and not be able to do the things I wanted to do.
Speaker 4: You know, But that's what I get for not.
Speaker 3: Asking questions and and moving forward that way. So I'm good with it. I'm serious, you know. Uh, I think there would have been a good opportunity for me to be there and that wow, I should.
Speaker 1: Have Well, I mean you had, yeah, your broken leg.
Speaker 3: That broken leg, that right then, and you're right. I told myself, I'm never doing this again.
Speaker 4: I was scared.
Speaker 1: Was that your first major injury that you I broke arms when I was a kid, but in wrestling, wrestling, and that was the end of your career, that's right, Okay? Yeah, ok yeah, bad timing girl.
Speaker 3: Even Glow Glow, you know, I look at that. They were so ahead of their time, but still the timing was not right because we didn't have these and you know ourself, we just didn't have social media, so it was a different time.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know what, we had no social media either.
Speaker 3: No, but the power of television wasn't that great? Yes, the power.
Speaker 2: That's all we had was TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we're lucky we had that. But you know, back and glow, I don't think they really wanted us to know that we even had a fan base. Because when I went to pick up a check in season three and four, this is when I was going back and forth, they allowed me to go home and then come back to Vegas to do the show. I saw a bag of mail, bags of it, and I said, who's that mal for and our and our secretary Jackie goes, oh, that's your guys' mail, like a what why are we not getting it? We never even got to see the mail.
Speaker 4: I pulled as much bail out of there as I could.
Speaker 2: Why would they not let you see fan mail?
Speaker 3: Probably didn't want it to go to our head. I mean, they had a different way of thinking back then, and it.
Speaker 1: Kind of didn't that suck Yeah then, I mean you would think it would motivate you guys, like people are like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there was a.
Speaker 3: Lot of negative sense. Being a heel as you know, Oh god, I was reading some of those people, They're like, you don't know how it is to be in a fight. I'll come over there and kick like, oh shit.
Speaker 1: Well that just meant you were doing your job well exactly, yeah, absolutely, But back.
Speaker 4: Then you didn't know either.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh, how do I react to that?
Speaker 1: You know, did you watch the glow show that they wad a couple of years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yes, yes, what did you think that?
Speaker 2: How how accurate was that to the actual product?
Speaker 3: It is not a cookie cutter of okay show so much, but to bring back something and some things are right on and some things are not. But I thought to myself, well, anything that promotes our show, unbelievable. It brought us back into the spotlight. We were honored at CAC I think in twenty seventeen at the Califlara Alley Club. The whole night was ours and that was just that was really sweet. The conventions that I've been doing after that, like La Comic Con We've done ten years in a row, Rhode Island Comic Kan, and some of the wrestling ones Big Event uh Rust. The cool thing is you'll get people coming up that are younger and either some will go oh, I love the show, and I look at them, I'm like, are.
Speaker 4: You talking about Glow Netflix or Glow right?
Speaker 3: When they're young? Some are so smart, but go, no, we're talking about you. We found out that there was a show that they're talking about when we looked at all the YouTube videos. So you know, you go, I've got on Glow Netflix.
Speaker 4: I did it thirty some years ago, right right, But it's.
Speaker 3: Just amazing, and it's always awesome to see our fans and new fans.
Speaker 4: As you know, by the end of the day.
Speaker 3: You know, at the end of the day doing one of those conventions, you're a little tired. You've smiled and your cheeks are hurting.
Speaker 2: You've worked your ass off getting up.
Speaker 3: And it depends too on the promoters. Because I also did a video in a game video in nineteen ninety four called Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.
Speaker 9: That game became Yes, you don't even know anything about that, No, what is it? So it's a video game called Plumbers Don't Wear Ties? I talk about it in here. It was on a platform called.
Speaker 3: Three D and I'm not sure what a three D O it was or it is, but anyway, all of a sudden I had this huge following, and I'm thinking, where are you guys reading this? Well, on YouTube, there's a guy named the Angry Video Nerve who did a whole thing on it, and I looked at it. Back then it had seven million views. Today it has over nine million views. I played the character Jane, so listen to this. So then a company called Limited Run Games on the East Coast.
Speaker 4: They reformat these video games to like, what is it, PlayStation five, all.
Speaker 3: Those different ones. So I came in for them and we did some commentary through the whole thing, and then we did a reboot of the beginning, but we didn't change anything else. This thing is the oddest thing you'll ever see in your life. It doesn't make sense. It looks like a pre present some kind of presentation show. But it's interesting. So anyway, I started doing the conventions for them. Holy, let me just say I thought wrestling was big. Oh my god, the video game industry is super huge as well. Unbelievable. These people are coming up with their three dos. By the way, the three do the original three d oh? Do you remember when CDs were box set long box set? Yeah, those those are like seven hundred dollars on eBay for that. But anyway, I signed autographs for the new format PR and they're PlayStation five and that is amazing. So I've got I've been doing those, which are super cool. It's so and it's a different genre. So people come up for they're either wrestling people or major video game and I'll look at major video game people. I'll look at some of them that are like in their twenties. I'm like, I don't think you were were you born? No? But I'm a huge video game, you know fan.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me ask you this. So this video game Plumber, what was it.
Speaker 4: Called Plumbers don't wear ties?
Speaker 2: Okay? Are you a playable character in it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I am a character as Hollywood or as well, the character Jane Jane Jane.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, okay, you do voiceovers and you can hear.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I'm just in it. There are video of me. So it's a I'm trying to trying to explain how the video works. Basically, my character's Jane Jane is getting is getting interviewed, and the player gets to choose what she does. A does she go for the interview or B does she you know, accept this or that or does she go here, go here? Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: So it's role playing.
Speaker 3: It's role playing. Oh then, and it's so old, that's what I'm telling you. It's just this vintage nineteen ninety four game. But first of all, you do these jobs, right, and you forget it's like a modeling job. You do a job and like, oh yeah, I did that, But then it gets popular. You're just that's crazy, right there?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yes, that's great.
Speaker 3: It's it's interesting. I forgot. I would have brought them down here. This isn't my office. My office is upstairs. But I would show you the the that was cool.
Speaker 4: So limited run games is uh.
Speaker 3: I'm always giving them kudos. I even thank them here in the book. You know what, there's a picture of it. Right. Wait a second, but am I thinking?
Speaker 2: And because that's a whole different thing. You can you can have a double career. You can do this for wrestling and the Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know what's interesting. If I would have known about that before, right, I would have like went that direction too?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: See everyone who?
Speaker 1: If you are enjoying the interview so far, please tune in on Thursday for part two.
Speaker 10: Fran Scene France Scene Queen Extreme Extreme Odds up here held head The Queen Extreme Podcast. Odds up here, Hey head, the Queen Extreme Podcast. It's the Queen of Extreme Bruin and the legend. She is the woman nifty dreams legend on the Scene franc Scene Podcast. What you mean with your tramplads to show you what your needs you find the stand of Queens from the beginning of time. Odds here our heart Radio, shine only a head and tell you stories from the where the legend odds up here, the Queen Nobody's like fresh scene eies up here here here The Queen Extreme Podcast odes up here here Head The Queen Extreme Podcast.