Speaker 1: The second. Can opposites attract I think silence would say yes, Jeff. I mean, look at Brooke and Jose. For example, Brooke went to a non accredited college.
Speaker 2: It was very like one of the best journalism schools in the country.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Jose can't even spell that yes or for six seasons and we're not going to get onto that.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, but I don't know if I know how to spell it.
Speaker 1: Brook washes her sheets. Jose has never bought sheets. No, I do.
Speaker 2: I just after a couple of years. I'm not attracted to Jose.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying they still get along. You guys get along. You're like the husband and wife of this radio show. You work together, never sleep together, but they'll still kiss on special.
Speaker 2: Kisses. Give me a kiss away from.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what she says to her husband.
Speaker 2: Now. See.
Speaker 1: I'm more curious though about our listener today, Sarah, because she felt like maybe her date might work out because they were kind of opposites too. Sarah, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi, thank you. Please tell me it was better than the disaster you just witnessed. For the last thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: We at least got a forehead kiss it made me uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Oh exactly, like what we just did a glowing review.
Speaker 2: Why are you calling in then?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, you guys make me uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we make everybody uncomfortable. In fact, that's our goal.
Speaker 2: So I see, I'm also uncomfort.
Speaker 1: But we want to talk about you and the guy that you went out with. What's his name?
Speaker 3: Oh, she's lovely. That's Jake.
Speaker 2: J Okay, Jake's a good name. That's a hot guy name. Where'd you meet him?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Where do you think?
Speaker 2: Tender?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What did you and Jake end up doing for your date?
Speaker 3: I thought it would be fun. I'm really big into crochet. I don't know if you guys have tried crocheting before.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I used to do it in third grade. Really yeah. I had a babysitter that cut a whole brag.
Speaker 1: In the eighteen hundreds. That was a maze.
Speaker 2: That's nice because it's just one hook instead of, you know, like knitting is with two needles about it?
Speaker 1: So, sorry, but I don't know how did you How did Jake feel about it?
Speaker 3: I was really impressed because well the first thing is that he showed up and he was really confused because he thought it was croquet.
Speaker 1: Oh, you hit the balls with the mallets.
Speaker 2: He shows up in like athletic gear, ready to go, like you need for croquet. Wait, how did you turn croquet into a date? Though?
Speaker 3: Well, no, we didn't. We didn't play croquet. We crocheted.
Speaker 2: Let mean crochet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we ended up actually taking class.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it would be fun and I was like surprised he was so excited about it until I realized he didn't know what it was we were doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, little mild speed bump.
Speaker 2: I just picture you in a room with a bunch of gray haired granny Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, okay, so it was literally eleven women in him, but he was down to try it. He was definitely struggling with it.
Speaker 2: With the actual crochet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like we couldn't even get him to chain a row. Okay, it was pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Because of a miracle. Though, if it was just beginner's luck and he's able to knit an entire blanket and tried to act.
Speaker 2: Interested, it's not that hard. Hooked one, hooked two boring.
Speaker 1: That was really fun. Sorry, so give us some highlights from the crochet class.
Speaker 3: I was impressed by the way he responded to our teacher Glinda. She's like this really old pop woman, and she was correcting him a lot. So I felt like I was good cop and Glinda was bad cop.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: Every time she could come over and pick on him, I was like, you're doing great.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about old harsh women correcting a person. Sounds sounds like a great time.
Speaker 2: Je.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like to me, that was a HIGHLIGHTHO shows character.
Speaker 2: How long were you guys at this class?
Speaker 3: It was like almost two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a long time. Yeah, it doesn't sound like a quick thing. There's no like alcohol served or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what romantic aspect came into this state?
Speaker 3: I thought this was kind of romantic. Do you know the movie Ghost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Patrick Swaze and Devil Wore years ago. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. You've seen the iconic scene where he's behind her doing pottery.
Speaker 3: No, I'm so excited because that's what I did.
Speaker 2: You got behind him essentially crooksha. I love it.
Speaker 1: This is hot.
Speaker 4: It was like kind of silly, but also it got.
Speaker 3: Us close, you know. I thought it was.
Speaker 1: A good move, some physical touch. Yeah, okay, let let's fast forward to the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I was kind of down to get a drink or hang out some more, but he didn't invite me.
Speaker 1: That's weird. You probably thought you were gonna go so buttons or something.
Speaker 2: Or maybe he thought you, you know, you were so unimpressed by his abilities that you weren't interested.
Speaker 3: Oh I hope.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So what's happened since then? Have you stayed in contact?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I mean we just kind of had a hug and we went our separate ways, and I texted him later and said, oh my gosh, it's so fun. You know, I'm hooked on you that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Not really, Oh yeah, I'm hooked on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Unfortunately, I got it.
Speaker 4: It's you got it.
Speaker 2: We've all been here long enough now that they're catching on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he hasn't, so I thought maybe like he didn't like the activity, so I would be down to just do something more active, something more in line with what he's interested in.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a risky activity literally anything else. But here's the day. Here's the thing. When she told him about it, he was excited because he didn't know what she was talking about. There was a miscommunication.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's gonna be plenty more miscommunications when we call him ask him about the date. We're going to do that when we come back and do your second date update next. If you missed the first part of this call, we're doing an experiment to see if opposites really do a tract in the dating world. Because we have our listener, Sarah, who is a very nice woman. She's into crochet and crochet jokes, yeah, and romantic moves stolen from nineteen eighty's movies.
Speaker 2: You're not talking her up real well right now.
Speaker 1: These are the things that she does likes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And her date, Jake, who is a little bit more active in his lifestyle. He showed up wearing athletic wear to the crochet class.
Speaker 2: He misunderstood because.
Speaker 1: He thought it was croquet that they were gonna do. Say yeah, but he probably looked like a country club athletic Yeah. Became a little bit over prepared to and after their two hour crochet class, they shared a hug and Sarah has not heard from him since then. Brooke just let out a giant john, not even joking. There was a third second recap and she couldn't stay awake for it. Sarah, is there any message in particular you want me or perhaps Brook to deliver to Jake once we get him on the phone, if we can anything specific, you want us to say, just that.
Speaker 3: If he wanted to do a different activity, I'd love to go on a different date, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, you sound fun. You sound like you're up for pretty much anything, and it sounds like a different date would be a good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell him Sarah is down for whatever you want.
Speaker 2: I think we should deliver.
Speaker 1: What Sarah wants and we give her what she wants. Let's make the call to Jake right now. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Jake?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It is hey man. My name is Jeff, and there's a whole room of people here that is really excited to meet you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Well, you're you're our man of the hour for our second Date.
Speaker 2: J Jake, Jake, Jack, Jake, Jake, Jake. I mean that name always feels like you should it's a chair in a bar.
Speaker 5: No, Jake, Okay, what what's up?
Speaker 1: Sorry, we're a bit much. What's up is we're doing a segment called the Second Date Update, and we've had one of our listeners ask us to get a hold of you after you went out with her to a crochet class named Sarah.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, hot night, right. Uh, it was an interesting evening for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good start.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you said that with a smile in your face.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Our job today is to try and figure out what's going on between you and Sarah. I if there's any vibes going on there, can you tell us about your your date?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, there wasn't really a vibe, you know, like, uh, I don't know, I can't really talk about it.
Speaker 2: Why can't you talk about it? You just didn't like her?
Speaker 5: No, I mean like no, she was nice. I just you know, I just really don't see.
Speaker 6: Us going on another day.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think she already gets that vibe. It sounds like there's a big misunderstanding.
Speaker 1: The fact that you're not calling or texting or speaking to her at all is a pretty good hint. We're trying to figure out the reason why.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it's like I'm not supposed to so like.
Speaker 1: Supposed to What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Like, I mean.
Speaker 6: Like, well, I know you guys, you know it's a radio things, but like, don't tell her this, right, don't let this get back to her, but I.
Speaker 1: Can promise that I won't say it to her. Yeah, okay, that's what I can promise.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: So, like I don't know what she told you, but we went like pang.
Speaker 2: Yeah was that kind of a surprise, right, Yeah, like I.
Speaker 5: Thought she meant croquette, Like.
Speaker 1: We actually heard that. There was a misunderstanding. She felt bad.
Speaker 2: About but she said, you were a good sport.
Speaker 1: But what's the thing about you saying you can't go out with her? Why?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: So like we did the crochet thing, and I mean, I'm always willing to try anything once and I was having a hard time, and so the instructor like pulled me aside for a little bit, like while Sarah was like in the restroom, are you.
Speaker 2: Talking about Glinda old Glinda?
Speaker 5: Oh she told you her name.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She said Glinda was going hard on you and she kind of felt bad about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh you have no idea. So Glinda, she like she pulled me aside and she was like showing me how to crochet. But while she was showing me, she started talking about her son and how she's been trying to set up Sarah with her son. So she was asking me like questions like, oh, have you been dating Sarah for a while?
Speaker 5: And I was like no, this is her first day. And she's like, oh, I don't think Sarah is a good match for you. I've been trying to I've been trying to set her up with my son.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're you're scared of competition, No, Glenda's son.
Speaker 2: But why would you have to listen to anything? Glinda says, it's not like, first.
Speaker 5: Of all, I don't really like drama, and this already sounds like it's going to be a dramatic thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, I feel it.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want anything to do with that either.
Speaker 2: Crochet class, it's only going to be drama.
Speaker 5: There they were really like crochet okay, but number two Gunda offered me one hundred bucks to not go on any more dates.
Speaker 1: But there, there it is, Oh my god, that's what happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I took the money.
Speaker 1: No, you took the money.
Speaker 3: Wait, what is happening right now? Money?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You guys an tell me she was on the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah you told me not to tell her. Yeah what you said? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah you got me.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, that's how these calls work. They listen on the other line, but she wants to talk to you man. Clearly, Sarah a hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: I was like, first of all, thanks Glinda for carrying that much.
Speaker 1: I see, I mean, Glenda's probably gonna her son's back before she has yours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, g Linda really likes Glinda really likes you, She really likes her son. Maybe you should give her son a shot.
Speaker 2: What, Oh my gosh, bro, you're not playing matchms.
Speaker 1: There's something for Glenda's son.
Speaker 5: I get it there. Like one hundred dollars is a lot of money. It's like a gallon of gas and a gallon of milk. But the date wasn't going the best anyway, so you know, I just took some beer money.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's a little harsh. I mean, I personally wasn't on your date, but it sounded like you two were trying to have fun and do a unique activity. There was some nineteen eighties movies references thrown in. She got sold for beer money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought we were having fun. We were laughing, We're having a good time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, we were.
Speaker 6: But I just I'd rather take the hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Did you at least wait to the end of the day. To take the money or was that right at the beginning?
Speaker 5: Oh no, No, she slitted to me when she pulled me aside and you were in the restroom, so like halfway through.
Speaker 1: You knew what it would have been more awkward for him to accept one hundred dollars from her at the very end of.
Speaker 2: The thing is if he knew he wasn't gonna call her anyway. I mean, I wouldn't blame him for taking the money. I mean, yeah, but if you don't even give her a shot, right, you see the date through.
Speaker 5: I didn't even try to like kiss her, like go home with her.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, we know, I kind of mad at Glinda, to be honest. She's right.
Speaker 3: No, I'm thankful for Glinda because she helped me to weed you out her persistence and.
Speaker 4: Her son is a nice guy.
Speaker 1: But why have you been avoiding him then not going out with him.
Speaker 3: I just wasn't interested. But he seems like I'm much more viab option now.
Speaker 2: He's not cute going to pay you to I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: You could be Glenda's future daughter in law. Think about that.
Speaker 5: You might get future croche lessons for free.
Speaker 1: Have we ever had.
Speaker 2: A second date, or that's like pushing somebody away so hard.
Speaker 5: Now I can't, I can't go on a second date. I took one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Oh well good. I wasn't gonna ask you, Jacob, and I was gonna ask Sarah if you would like to go out on a date with Glenda's son. No way, Yeah, we're gonna pay for that. How is everyone getting paid to go on dates right now?
Speaker 2: We would make Glenda's dreams come true?
Speaker 5: Technically I'm getting I'm getting paid to not go on.
Speaker 1: A date, So you keep that hundred dollars. Agreed to continue to not go out with Sarah. Sarah, will you go out with Glenda's son?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I will?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Congratulations son. If you're listening, you just got a date with Sarah.
Speaker 2: Everybody, do we have to get an update? You knew there was so much drama in the Crochet class Real Housewives of Crochet.
Speaker 1: Sarah, congratulations, we got to your second date.
Speaker 4: I am actually pretty excited to go with anybody but Jake.
Speaker 5: Well, Benjamin Franklin agrees.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey in the morning, you know, it's funny Brook wants to get an update on this one. We never even spoke to the guy that is going to be going out on a date. Are you so interested?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Does this guy know his mom is interfering with his dating? Is this guy even interested in her?
Speaker 1: Actually, there's a lot there. It's just a bunch of questions that we don't know.
Speaker 2: This is the drama in the crochet world I've been waiting for. Do not take it from me.
Speaker 1: The son of a crochet master. That is what Brooke is excited about. I want you to hear me say that to you. That that makes you excited?
Speaker 2: It does? Okay, take a lot of dude, I know Glinda's excited.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Glenda's son, Rudy Nuthatch hooked him up on Facebook. It's gonna be a good time crochaning this. This show really has sunk to a new live sounds like a good TV crocheting with.
Speaker 2: The nut hatches. You say that until Glenna makes you a good scarf in.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to stand corrected on this. But until then you can always email us. We'll call the person who isn't call on your back. Make sure you go check out all of our Second Day podcasts online whenever you get yours at Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,