Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decided to drop into the show. Now here's your host, Paul Chargian.
Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. I am Paul Charchie and it's Fantasy Football Weekly.
Speaker 3: Joining me again.
Speaker 1: Like last week, thorn Eister Mischieval really put a rap on most of our very draft specific coverage. You know, at this point, now we're a couple of weeks out, and you know, I feel like we've covered a lot of bases leading up to the draft, the draft itself. We did a first round show last week. We talked about the ideal landing spots, guys that fell into spots where we think they can have immediate impact. Now we're gonna flip it overor we're gonna talk about some of the guys that we feel like good players, but guys that didn't really fall into spots or they have as nearly as easy an opportunity for immediate success.
Speaker 4: That's right. Yeah, you got to roll with the punches in life, and some of these guys their initial step acclimation into the NFL. They have some tougher situations to work through than some of the guys that we were talking about last week. So we're going to talk about those some of those situations today.
Speaker 1: So we're not suggesting these players are never gonna have fantasy value or that they're not good players. A lot of times we like these players, we don't like the situation. What we are saying is they've got complicated paths to achieve reliable fantasy success, particularly in the short term. Mostly I've done I've called this list together from players who have are that were taken between rounds two and four because I don't think there's a lot of value going well, this seventh rounder didn't really hit a great.
Speaker 4: Spot, you know.
Speaker 1: So you know, we're talking about good players that just fall fell into tough spots.
Speaker 3: And like last week, I want to start the running back position.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot of running backs that really fell into tough spots. So this was a thin running back draft anyway, right didn't have the big high end talent, and then some of these guys fell into bad So let'speaking with Blake coorm False goes to the Rams in round three. He's currently going off the board at picks seventeen in non superflex rookie drafts. And obviously the problem is Kyron Williams was really good last year. You know, Sean McVay, you know, middle of the pack. You know he's he's not a run heavy cours play caller. So the competition with Kavi Williams Williams is real. What are your thoughts on this spot for Blake.
Speaker 4: Korm Yeah, I think that they took him in order to try to protect themselves as an insurance policy against the Kyron Williams injury. Obviously, with the size with Kien Williams, using him as a bell cow every single season, with the usage they were giving them last season is not going to work out long term. You're gonna get him injured. And the way that they did this, it's interesting. With Korum, I think the quorum initially bites heavily into the early down work of Kien Williams. Kyen Williams will be on the field for all the all the passing downs and everything like that, and I'm not saying that.
Speaker 1: So you're saying Blake Koram is going to start. And if you think that's the case when well.
Speaker 4: I think right from the get it's the early down stuff. Okay, yeah, but the offense they're the constitution of it. It's so much of the passing and Kyen Williams. You're not taking him off the field for that, but in order to keep him on the field and guarantee that you have Karen Williams into the playoff theoretical playoff run. Yeah, I think you know, again the buying the insurance policy here with Quorum, and Quorum's thing is it's that stuff, the efficiency on the ground, which obviously they leveraged so much on the last year's national title team at Michigan. They're going to like the patience with him, the vision and then the agility, the way that he sets guys up and then forces the off angle attempts, the early down efficiency, and I think that that's what they're bringing him in for and again in order to increase the odds that they have Kien Williams healthy the entire season. Karen Williams, his owners probably didn't like to see that, but you're still going to get all the passing down stuff with him. But yeah, the early down work, I think Quorum takes a bit bite out of it as a rookie. All right.
Speaker 1: Interesting, So if that's the case, he's currently going off the board to pick seventeen non super flex rookie drafts.
Speaker 3: Is that too late? Do you think you should go higher?
Speaker 1: Most people, I mean, the consensus thinking is that Karen Williams was so efficient in this Rams offense last year, that Williams is going to be is going to be the primary and that Koran maybe you know, worked in a little bit here and there, picked their spots, maybe some passing downs, things like that.
Speaker 3: You're flipping the narrative a little bit.
Speaker 4: It might it might be a little bit. Yeah, Koran could have found a better landing if.
Speaker 1: Dallas, Dallas would have been great, Chargers would have been great.
Speaker 4: The other side of La Absolutely there was ones that were better. But I think that he's going to get a bit more work as a rookie than people are giving it credit for. And if Karen Williams gets injured at Cours, then now then it's game.
Speaker 1: It potentially a top ten for fantasy running back at that point. Next let's go to Ray Davis, who drops into Buffalo. Now, I like Ray Davis, and I texted.
Speaker 3: You about a week before the draft.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I finally up on Ray Davis and I'm looking at his games. I'm like, man, this guy was productive. They used him a lot of different ways. There were a lot of things I liked about Ray Davis's game. But he falls into Buffalo where James Cook is the established starter and he's earned the right to get first carries, and most of Sean McDermott's tenure a Buffalo, he's employed a committee backfield, and then of course, on top of all that, Josh Allen steals a lot of close in touchdowns.
Speaker 3: So I don't like this landing spot for Ray Davis.
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts as far as the evaluation itself? And I'm rooting for Ray Davis a kid. People look up his background. He's an inspirational story. And not only that when he gets to college, he fought through bad situations throughout. It was at Temple at the start, and then later on Vandy and then he finally gets to Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he was getting ganged up on initially at those spots because he was the only offensive player that they had, and he would fight through all these loaded boxes and then when he got to Kentucky, especially the last season, you saw a little bit different. Where earlier on been more the short yardage grinder guy and had a bigger build. He clearly worked on his body to try to improve the athletic testing, got a little bit smaller, got down to two to eleven, bowling ball type guy, another one of those five eight and a half. My is my concern with his EVO is is he maxed out? Is he another key Sean Vaughn. That is what we'll have to see going to Buffalo. If it works out for him as far as early on, it's because he has taken the early down work and James Cook, you know, essentially becomes what I was just suggesting that Kyron Williams will be, and then Davis can steal some of that Blake Korum early downwork here because Buffalo doesn't have a lot of early down candidates for that. But like you mentioned when when we're talking about fantasy, you want some of those those high leverage opportunities to be a clear pathway to that the touchdowns if it's going if you know, he's not going to be getting any catches, which in Buffalo they're not going to be using Ray Davis as a result, you want to note that, Yeah, around the goal line, we're gonna have that opportunity. I think hit the nail on the head. I don't think that's going to be there for him. Maybe between the twenties you see a little bit of that stuff with him being used in that area. But yeah, not the best landing spot for him.
Speaker 1: Yeap, Ray Davis picked twenty seven in non superflex rookie drafts. All right, let's go to another guy who another running back that we were pretty excited about, but we really don't like the spot. It's Marshawn Lloyd falls to Green Bay round three. He's picked nineteen in non superflex rookie drafts, and he's just plastered on the bench behind Josh Jacobs. I don't think AJ Dillon's a huge factor here, but man, the fact that they even resigned AJ Dillon is anyway. Jacobs signed through twenty twenty seven, but the nature of his contract means that he's cuttable after two years. But man, I don't want to wait two years to see Marshawn Lloyd.
Speaker 3: And Josh Jacobs.
Speaker 1: Is I assume the clear number one based on what they paid him in the pedigree. What are your thoughts on Marshawn Lloyd in Green Bay?
Speaker 4: This might be the most annoying landing spot of anyone. I was very excited about, like you were mentioned, very excited about Marshall Lloyd. Almost five nine, two hundred and twenty pounds, eighty six percentile athlete, and he has four or four wheels and he knows how to use him. He has the combination of make you miss and power that gets him out to the second level into open grass. The change of direction as well, and then he can get to the top gear real quick. Once once he is into it to open grass, he runs mean. We asked him about that down in mobile, like why do you run so mean, Marshawan, And he goes because I'm from Delaware, And that's what we had to do.
Speaker 3: We had to show but what it's like to Delaware.
Speaker 4: So we got to kick out of that very thick lower body and it's a loaded spring where he just snaps the arm tackles. He's a fighter. I love his contact balance. The thing with him though now you had here it's a guy in college that was never used on passing downs and that was the thing with his evaluation, It's like, was that just because the usage first at South Carolina and then at the other USC when he went and played with Caleb Williams last season? Was it just because of that usage? And then he got dig up throughout college, had an acl tear nagging injuries here and there. The upside with him as the pure runner on the early downs is just about as high as anybody in this class. I don't think that they're going to use him whatsoever on the passing downs. But the situation that he got into on the early downs, what are you going to be shoving aside Josh Jacobs or aj Dillon. That's his mission if he choose to accept it. But this is a tough, tough landing spot for Marshall Lloyd.
Speaker 1: It is all right, Let's next. Let's go to running back Jalen Wright, who drops into Miami. A brutal landing spot for him. Fourth round selection going off the board right now, pick twenty in non superflex rookie drafts. Obviously massive problems here with Raheem Moster, Devon h Chan, Jeff Wilson. And he's a Miami kind of run.
Speaker 3: He's a Dolphin style runner.
Speaker 1: Super fast, right, Yet he's got some of the solid build abilities and he can run inside. I mean, he fits what they like to do there.
Speaker 3: But this is a up. It's a brutal spot to fall.
Speaker 4: Into, and it's too bad because we were so close to getting the ideal one. Dallas had done a lot of work on Jalen Right during the pre draft process, and Jalen Right at five ten and a half, two ten with ninety eight percentile athleticism as a guy that I compared to Tony Pollard in the middle. How about that that would have been pert You would have had your Tony p Yes, Dallas, strangely in that pick elected to go with this long arm, Notre Dame linebacker who misses a bunch of tackles. And I wasn't terribly impressed with this tape, which then Jalen Wright you fall into Saturday when when Miami ends up taking Jalen Right, a lot of people were surprised. I wasn't I have been told in the pre draft process that Miami was all over it. Yeah, they were the number one team that wastes all such a good fit for what they like to do. Mike McDaniel fetishizes running backs like this, and I think people when they look at the fitt devonan Chane and then you re signed most of it, they're like, why would you invest draft equity into a guy like Jalen Wright. I'll tell you. I'll tell you why, because I asked around. It's because you have Devon Chane. You have to limit him to twelve around ten touches that's per game. Yeah, you have to because if you do more than that, now you are to break him down exactly. The injuries are going to come. So you have to do that. Number One, Jalen Wright is being brought in I believe, and you know the conversations that I've had for the passing downs initially, that is how that they can mitigate the times where aucchains on the field. He's the early downs. You can have moster coming as well a little bit on the early downs, but Jalen Right's going to handle some the passing down stuff. Initially. Jalen Right very good receiver. He's also a super duper underrated pass blocker coming out there. Jalen Right freak athlete, was on the Feldman Freak Class multiple times. Thirty five carries of ten plus yards on only one hundred and thirty six attempts last season. That means that more than one quarter of his attempts went for more than ten yards.
Speaker 3: That's nuts.
Speaker 4: He had the fastest track GPS time on a run last season amongst running backs twenty two point two miles per hour. You're talking speed for days with that kid, and he proved it down in Indianapolis at the NFL combined with a high four to threes. And he also can. He's elusive as well. He breaks tackles. One hundred and thirty two point two elusive rating last season was near the top of this class. So you have all that stuff. What they have to work on him with it's the vision and working in a conventional, more constricted area as a runner on those early downs because Jalen Wright comes from this Mickey Mouse spread offense where it played right into his strengths. Because Jalen it's like a Tevin Coleman as a runner where he wants to see that crease down the field yea, and he wants to hit dingers, which was great, a great fit for that Tennessee offense. But initially in practices that is what Miami is going to be working on him with but he doesn't. They're not going to need him for that, I think right away, because Auchan's gonna be handling that you use him on the field as a rookie for the passing downs. And then of course he's injury insurance for aud Chane as well.
Speaker 1: That's Jalen Wright ends up in Miami.
Speaker 3: I think he hits.
Speaker 1: I think this just turns into now like a three headed monster. But at some point they're gonna be games or series of games where moster's hurt, a chans hurt, and there's gonna be you know, he'll have some opportunity and he used to go together like the twenty carry game, and he's gonna go nuts.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: The Jets surprise many people by spending fourth and fifth round picks at running back. They took Brailen Allen, Isaiah Davis. They're currently going out the board is picks thirty three and forty seven in non superflex rookie drafts.
Speaker 3: Okay, the problems here are many.
Speaker 1: They're stylistically similar, so they'll bad each other stylistically, and then of course they're behind Breeze Hall and maybe is he about a Conda who with many people at this time last year we're super excited about So you get the feeling here. And by the way, and if you're gonna have to wait a while for them to be a starter Alan or Davis.
Speaker 3: Well, who's the Jets quarterback?
Speaker 1: If you're waiting two years down the road for one of those guys to pop, I don't know what that offense is going to look like. Posts Aaron Rodgers, and we you know how big of a setback is that going to be? So thoughts on Brailan Allen and Isaiah Davis for the Jets.
Speaker 4: I was so confused by what the Jets did over the week, and I was under the assumption that this was a win now team and really none of the decisions they were making were way to win now this one. These two as well, we're confusing to me. I like Isja Davis, he was my rbaight. I was bullish on him. Braylan Allen was my RB nine. So they were there right there and like you were setting up there. They are similar ish in the utility that you would use him for in the NFL. With Isja Davis, I compared him to Tyler l Jeer you have the power and the contact bounds and he's super patient and then he's like he has this upright running style. He's sort of unique. It's like a slalomy thing. You know, he's waiting, waiting, and then that's how he changes the angle of the guy coming in on him to force it from a flush tackle attempt to the off angle thing. And he was playing in the FCS. He was the belkow for the colossus South Dakota State team that just just rolled over everybody, and when defenders would have an off angle on him sometimes it was like in the cartoon where they run into the side of the mountain and they just peel off down on it. Like Ija Davis's contact bounds with the power he runs with is so nice. The receiving utility, I'm not really sure with him. I know that Brailan Allen doesn't have any of that. Brailan Allen is your classic Wisconsin hammerback who was miscast in the system that they change into last year under Phil Longoor is this spread thing and throwing a little bit more. I compared Brailan Alan six one two hundred and thirty six pounds to Rashad Jennings. They're very similar, and like you said, it's a terrible landing spot for both of them, and then you wonder can both of them make the roster with what that room looks like right now?
Speaker 1: All right, I've got a few more guys that dropped into bad landing spots.
Speaker 3: Will highlight them when we come back in just a moment.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, segment number two Fantasy Football Weekly, talking about some landing spots that have troubled us for a variety of different players. It's been all running back so far, and I got an all of it for you.
Speaker 3: Will Shipley ends up in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: He was a fourth round selection by the Eagles. He's going after the word right now, pick thirty seven in non superflex rookie drafts. So a lot of people have the same concerns I have because they signed Saquon Barkley, and then of course you got Kenneth Gamil in there. Philly always uses that rotation runners, and to top everything off, anytime the balls inside the five yard line, the easy touchdowns are getting swept up by Jalen Hurts. So a lot of things working against Will Shipley here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the situation he heads into, that's problem one. Here's problem two for me. The issue is Shipley's evaluation is he's never going to be his NFL team's best early down runner. He wasn't that at Clemson. That was film offa. So for Will Shipley to have NFL utility, it has to be on the passing downs, and then he has to offer it on special teams as well. He can return, He categorically cannot pass block, which means that the utility on those passing downs it has to come as a receiver. Well, here's the issue there. In college, he never brought one yard flat per route run and he dropped five balls the last two seasons on the dump offs around lineup scrimmage for it. Yeah, people went nuts about him because he was the five star recruit and he's five ten two oh six and he tested as a ninety seven percentile athlete. I did not see it with Will Shipley. I I don't know how long he hangs on that roster of Philly.
Speaker 1: All right, that's that's that's some damning stuff right there. Next we switch over to the wide receiver position. Donnie Mitchell ends up in Indianapolis second round pick, currently going off the board pick fourteen and non superflex rookie drafts.
Speaker 3: But the problem is the competition, right.
Speaker 1: So you know, Michael Pitman's great Josh Downs looks promising. Alec Pierce hasn't panned out as hoped, unfortunately, but he's still in the mix a little bit here. There are some things to like about Mitchell. Not a big bodied guy, but you like the acceleration, his fluidness, he plays with. He plays with some swagger and some nasty to him that I like. Uh, but this is a it's a tricky landing spot with a young quarterback who's effectively on a reboot of his rookie season. What are your thoughts on a Donnie Mitchell in this landing spot with Indianapolis?
Speaker 4: So I spent all the spring arguing with people about a Donna Mitchell because they were you know, he's a first, He's got the ceiling of a superstar in there. You just have to assume a little bit of risk if you take him. My take on him was the exact opposite that inverted. I think he is a lower ceiling guy who has a high floor. I thought he was sitting dead red on the evaluation as your prototypical pop the top NFL wide receiver two, where the opposing defense has to keep a safety high on that side of the field, which has the effect of helping the spacing of the other players on the field. The guys who could tell you about this are Xavier Worthy and Jatavian Sanders, who benefited from that extra spacing of having a Donna Mitchell on the field. But he doesn't. A Donna Mitchell does not win in the intermediate area. He doesn't win in the short area. The reason for that is he can't change directions without telegraphing. Yet he's not a good rout runner. But he also just doesn't have agility period. What he is is a size speed super free. He has the four wheel four to three four I'm sorry wheels ninety eight percentile broad jump. But I mentioned before or a little bit slower of that ten yard split, which was equivalent to Jalen Kulkers, Yeah, who ran a four or five to seven. It was also a co equivalent to Jalen polk Rana four or five two. He needs some grass in front of him to get to top speed. But what he offers for Indianapolis it is that popped the top boundary guy on the one side, I'm sorry, mister Alec Pierce. This is the end of the stuff for your Donna Mitchell has been brought in to take your job, but with a DONNAE. Mitchell. As far as the NFL fantasy utility, which is what we're here to talk about, it's this, he either hits dingers or he strikes out right. It was that case the entire time in Texas at Donna Mitchell last season on awesome passing offense, he finished with thirty five or fewer receiving yards in half of Texas's game seven to fourteen couch thirty five or less. Thirty five or less.
Speaker 1: By the way, this guy's got guillotine disaster written all over him.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean, you have to choose right, right, And then he went so, then how did he get all the stats that he got, Well, he went over one hundred and forty yards twice and he cracked one hundred yards in a third. In those three games, he averaged sixteen point six yards per catch. When he is not hitting balls out of the yard, he's striking out and he's a non factor outside of force in the defense. To keep that safety high on his side of the field.
Speaker 1: All right, another receiver in a tricky landing spot. Jacob Cowing ends up going in the fourth round to San Francisco picked forty three is where he's going in non super flex rookie drafts.
Speaker 3: So there's not a lot of people that like him here.
Speaker 1: He's small, He's five eight, one hundred and seventy pounds. He's a track star guy. He plays in the slot primarily, and unless Deebo Samuel leaves, I don't see a pathway for Cowing getting a lot of playing time here.
Speaker 3: In an ideal.
Speaker 1: Scenario, he can be tanked del in a really good offense. But I think a lot of things have to drop into place here for him to get onto the field. What are your thoughts on Jacob Cowing San Francisco.
Speaker 4: You said it, there's been all the trade rumors with the top two San Francisco forty nine er receivers. I think Jacob Cowing is going to need chaos there with both of them probably getting pushed out to have at least early on utility when that probably is not going to happen. He's an interesting evel in that you were mentioning the size five to eight one sixty eight, which is the thing that reminds you of Tank Dell and he has four three eight wheels. Early on in his career at Utup, Jacob Cowing destroyed the Conference USA. He was like a killer down there and he won down the field. But then it was interesting the last couple years he goes to Arizona and he's playing next to a guy that charge one year from right now, we're gonna be sitting here talking about a whole heck of a lot TETAROA McMillan, who is going to be a top tenser.
Speaker 3: McMillan is a.
Speaker 4: Absolute monster a right people watch Arizona this coming season. This kid is amazing, but he's going to be a top ten, top fifteen at worst pick on next season. But Cowing was playing next to him. McMillan got everything down the field. They turned Cowing into a close to the line of scrimmage type guy. It was that that was all the stuff. It was the quicker timing concepts. So Cowing's a doots plummet to eight point four and six point seven the last two years. Now he still got pounded with a ton of targets. But again McMillan's getting all the downfiel, so Cowen getting all the short stuff. I was hoping when when Cowing went to the Senior Ball that he was going to harken back to his usage at start winning down the field more. I didn't see it as much with him. He was getting pushed around a little bit. It wasn't the same thing that I had seen with Tank Dell the year before, when Tank Dell was destroying everyone and no one. Everyone started wanting to tie their shoes in the one on one. The defensive backs when they get the up front of the line, they're like, oh, no, coach, I gotta go and get some water. Now let him go. It wasn't the same thing with Colling. I saw one rep where cam Hart, the kid from a Notre Dame who's like six foot two and a half and two hundred ten pounds, he was staying with Jacob Cowing in the intermediate range, just staying in his hip pocket. So and then Jacob Cowen got injured on the last day at the Senior Bowl. He has ability and he can separate. His separation rates have been very good throughout his career. But you're you're wondering about the body type and then going to the next level. But it is a good in terms of San Francisco. If if stuff clears out ahead of him, that's what he's going to need to have that utility early on.
Speaker 1: We've got just another minute here. I want to I want to ask you about this, and we limited our focus here to just from rounds two through four, basically because.
Speaker 3: These are good players, promising players.
Speaker 1: But I want to hit you with the one first rounder, Rock Bowers, the oddball landing spot. I don't think an anybody saw the Raiders coming as your as the landing spot for brock Bowers. I would have assumed the Raiders are traded out of the spot or they'd have done something else because they put that high second round pick and the first tight end taken in last year's draft in Michael Mayer. So you know it's an oddball spot. What do you think about brock Bauers And do you feel like this.
Speaker 3: Bowers is awesome?
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong, but do you think this slows the progression a little bit or changes your outlook fantasy outlook on brock Bowers having fallen to Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: Not at all maybe a little bit for Mayor, although they can play on the.
Speaker 3: Field like Daggers may right, but they can play.
Speaker 4: On the field at the same time to see the way that that shakes out. But no, not for Bowers. I'll tell you why. Brock Bauers walked into Georgia when he did their receiving court, they had George Pickens, they had Donnie Mitchell, they had lad Conky, Kiris Jackson, and Marcus Rossomi Jack Saint. They had all these NFL guys. Then in the tight end room, they had Darna Washington, NFL tight end. Yeah, their starting running back was James Cook, an awesome man, pass right guy on So he was there for three seasons as a true freshman. He leads the team in receiving. Was there clear wide receiver, which is pretty crazy wide receiver one. I'm putting that in bunny quotes. And then it was a first team All American. He did it again the next two seasons. What's so crazy about that. It's not just that he shoved aside all these different NFL guys to assent immediately to become the number one guy for that. It's it's coming right out for these teams that were dominant. Georgia won the national title when he was a true freshman, but he was clearly their best offensive weapon. They did it again when he was a sophomore, and they may have done it again last year if brock Bauers hadn't gotten nicked up. People don't talk enough about that. The middle of the season, he gets injured, anyone else in his position shuts it down. He wanted to come back as fast as he could to try to give Georgia a shot for the three beat. He did tight rope surgery, this emergency tight rope surgery back for the end of the season. He was not one hundred percent when he came back. They end up Georgia ends up losing a close decision to Alabama in the SEC title game. They didn't get that shot. Despite that, Guess what, brock Bauers led the team in receiving again, even though he would played ten games and he was compromised most of the time. Not only that he was amazing on the running concepts, They would do different stuff with him, bring him into the backfield. During his career, nineteen carries over three seasons. Those went for one hundred and ninety three yards. Five touchdowns. That's over ten yards per carry. Kirby Smart, who is not a man known for hyperbole, one of the best coaches we haven't college football, probably the best right now, said that if Georgia had shifted brock Bauers two running back when he was on campus, he would have been the best running back that they had to.
Speaker 1: Brock Bowers his size as a running back exactly.
Speaker 4: It's just incredible, his vision, the agility, of course, the speed he can take it to the house there and he's the tackle break and berserker guy, you know, even better than Senate of course, and even better than Laportovs. So with him, people think about because you have to call him and just with the position designation, so in their head they start to evolte Kyle Pitts. It's different with Kyle Pitts. He was the big guy that you send down and the team and that was the utility. So that's dependent on other players on the field. Brock Bauers is dependent on nobody else. He is idiot proof. I heard people tossing on Oh, their offensive coordinators are dope. It doesn't matter. He's going to make that guy and he's gonna make Gardner Minshew look like a better quarterback than he has by far, because all you have to do is just shuttle the ball off to Tobauer short. He will take care of the rest, just like he did throughout his career, from the day he stepped foot onto those Colossus Georgia teams for in the middle of their dynasty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 1: It's all right, So you made me feel better about that. Right now, he's going off the board in dynasty drafts at pick eight. I'm thinking to myself, Okay, wait, I mean is I don't think it's I don't think it's unfair to say if I had to put one player in this draft to go to the Hall of Fame, I would I would pin my hopes on brock Bowers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: Right, So okay, I have to start a tie down. We always know every year there's about six good ones, and sometimes there's even less than six good ones.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why brock Bowers is going pick eight right now in fantasy drafts. And it's still early, but I think it'll change. But what are we missing here?
Speaker 4: You get an immediate four or five step head start on your opponent every single game. Now you have Brock Bowers in your tight end slot against whoever that guy has. I mean that that's what it's going to become. It might be a little bit into the season when when the usage starts to get I mean when they find out really like okay, when Minshoo's like every single you know, between him and Adams. But that's where all the usage is going with that and with Bowers, it's going to be the short intermedia and then again you can shift them into the backfield, do cool things with him around the goal line, speaking to the fantasy thing. He can run the ball in, he can He's absolutely comfortable doing that. We saw that at Georgia in very high leverage spots. The Raiders are going to see this immediately. The Raiders juice their passing game way more with one slot later than their division rival did. Take in a cornerback one spot higher than they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, well, all right, you maybe feel a lot better about Brock Powers.
Speaker 3: I love the kid.
Speaker 1: Didn't love the landing spot as much, but you know, we don't have a great quarterback. We got Gardner Minshew's okay, and then the Michael mayerth thing. But you've you've You've got me totally energized.
Speaker 4: Now now I'm in Gardner Minshew's gonna look better than competent with rock powers.
Speaker 1: It could be, it could be he might turn into a sneaky fantasy starter. I think he could. He could, I think he could. All right, thank you, my man, great job, Thank you. I can follow Thor at thor k you I'm at Paul Charchie. And also, if you want to join our discard Discord channel, you can do that with you can talk about this episode, talk about anything fantasy football related. We talk about whiskey board games, video games, all kinds of stuff. Look in the show notes for the link to our discord channel as well.
Speaker 3: Talk to you next week, everybody, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows