Speaker 1: I Am All In Again.
Speaker 2: Hello, let's you.
Speaker 1: I Am All in Again with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio Podcast. Hey everybody, Scott Patterson here for I Am All In Again Podcast. We had such a blast at our Mother's Day brunch in stars. Hello. Celebrating twenty five years of Gilmore Girls right on the lot at Warner Brothers and all thanks to Start TV, the brand new home of Gilmore Girls. You can catch a show every weekday at five pm, four Central and again at eleven pm ten Central. Go to StarTV dot com to see how to watch where you live. We're excited to share with you part of our conversation straight from the Gazebo with my Green TV daughter, April Nardini portrayed by Vanessa Maranha.
Speaker 2: Happy Mother's Date, everybody, you brought your mother's and it's a special day.
Speaker 1: I lost my mother in two thousand and eight, but let me tell you, she had the biggest influence on my life of any single person on the planet.
Speaker 2: Obviously, she loved me fiercely.
Speaker 3: She demanded excellence from me every day, and when I screwed up, she let me know it.
Speaker 1: But she didn't judge before it. You know, she was a great mom. I miss her dearly. But the thing is is she's still inside me, informing me and teaching me and guiding me.
Speaker 2: And protecting me.
Speaker 1: So to all you moms out there who work so hard every day at making your children the best they can be, this is your day. Warner Brothers is giving you your day to honor you.
Speaker 2: Thank you all, so very, very very much. Give herself a round of applause. Now I want to bring up a very special guest. She's my great friends.
Speaker 1: She's here with her mother, and I want you to meet the one, the.
Speaker 2: Only Vanessa Morano. There she is. Give her a round of applause.
Speaker 1: I loved having a different story to tell, a deeper story to tell about luc It really, I thought fleshed him out and humanized him in a way that hadn't been done before. There was and it still retains a mystery about who the mother was and what happened.
Speaker 2: And why were they estranged? And you know, why doesn't he know who she is?
Speaker 1: And yeah, I just thought it was brilliant and I loved working with you.
Speaker 4: You were thirteen years old, thirteen thirteen years old, and she would come to the set and she would know her stuff cold, and it would be.
Speaker 2: Like, this girl can't be thirteen.
Speaker 3: She's twenty three playing thirteen somehow. But there was a maturity and a sophistication that I had not encountered.
Speaker 2: Before, you know, So tell us about your first day on set.
Speaker 5: I was running around like a disclistle camera taking pictures before Instagram is before of that, not even realizing.
Speaker 4: Whether or not I was allowed to do that.
Speaker 3: I was, but it fell very annoying with something right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was great being in a diner having seen it.
Speaker 6: And what's interesting about you'll it is the fact that this is sort of practical in that way, like there weren't sets that were on stages for the interiors. But for the most part it was crazy that Luke's was you could actually walk outside and be in Star's Hollow and then walk inside Lukes and sheep inside Luke's. Like that wasn't a very common thing.
Speaker 2: That would happen on the sets.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: So there's a show a time that was calling about a trace that I was also playing a daughter on around the same time, and I couldn't do it because I was shooting Gilmer Girls. So they only invited my sister back, and there was one day in particular, my sister was working on that show and I was working on Gilwortirls, and my mom had to run.
Speaker 6: From sound stage to sound stage as.
Speaker 2: The legal guardian. Unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Also, as a fan, you don't really get to have a community with very many things the way that this show does, which is something that I just love about it and something that you can always go back to. That does feel like a cozy, warm hug. And in this crazy industry where we're trying to create content constantly, to have something that's as ever green as that is really special.
Speaker 3: So that's that leads into my next question. I don't think I've ever asked this. You've been on my podcast before. You're one of my favorites, if not the favorite. Why do you think the show seems to be growing in popularity quarter of a century after it was released?
Speaker 5: Cause it holds up it's I mean, look and andys writing is like however, it really is just like it's really good writing, and the characters and the relationships are so great and relatable and interesting and funny, but also very like dramatically real.
Speaker 8: And then like again, the xtaposition with the show of like you're watching you know, Luke and Lorelei have broken up and there's this tension between them and do they love each other? Oh, this is such a beautiful moment where they're talking about what it means to love someone. But it is being some like crooking a child.
Speaker 2: No, you can't make it up. You get make that up? Who is doing that on the WB at time?
Speaker 9: It's just like they were like, Okay, well, I guess we'll just let it go, right, there's just don't argue with her anymore, so just.
Speaker 3: Let it go.
Speaker 9: What a thing or the ratings are great, right, but she knows what she's doing. It's been a pleasure catching up with you. It's always good to see you. Thank you so much, and happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: Mom.
Speaker 2: We go way back, way.
Speaker 3: Back to when this one was thirteen years old of them and what a spectacular woman she's grown into.
Speaker 6: Producer definitely not a four year old in person, and he has our ten year old all over work then definitely not.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, the one and only Vanessa Morano.
Speaker 1: We love hearing from our fans, So here is our Q and a portion straight from Stars Hollow, this time with both of our guests from Sunday, Vanessa Morano and Aris Alvarado. And remember you can catch Gilmour Girls on start TV every weekday at five pm, four Central and again at eleven pm ten Central. Start TV is easy to find, stream it, catch it on cable or satellite, or watch it free over the air. Head to StarTV dot com to see how to watch where you live.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go to a Q and A.
Speaker 2: We've got some We've got some questions from the audience.
Speaker 3: Whoever has a question, to raise your hand and there's microphone up here.
Speaker 2: Hi. What's your name? My name's Emily.
Speaker 3: I'm went from Colorado, all right.
Speaker 2: I wanted to know if you.
Speaker 5: Weren't Luke and you went and sat down at Luke Steiner, what would you order drink and food?
Speaker 3: Cheeseburger, fries, coffee or a black.
Speaker 2: And white milkshake.
Speaker 3: Nothing special.
Speaker 10: I think that's very special. I mean for me, that's like a great day. Your Hello, Hello, thank you, thank you, thank you, love you too.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: I'm Maggie.
Speaker 12: I'm from Utah And I was just wondering, like, when you guys are filming, was it this caught outside and did you have to wear like the fall of jacket?
Speaker 3: Did you deal with that?
Speaker 12: Bye, magnitudes hotter than this in winter, clothes, scarves, loves hats in a tent doing a town home meeting in winter when it's actually one hundred and twenty degrees in there.
Speaker 2: Yes, Nike, Yes, and we did it for you. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Speaker 13: Hi, Hi, there, I crossly lean from la I with News TV. I'd like to know with the revival of it's seen as controversial to some viewers who adored the show growing up. So did you have any feedback to Dan and Anny when you were approached to return to the.
Speaker 3: Show, only to shout yes through my phone, Yes, I will be there, just tell me when.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I trust them completely. I mean, look at what they created. I mean, it's two people created this marvelous show that.
Speaker 14: Will is so deeply woven into the fabric of American culture that it will it will never become unloud. They've created something that's gonna last forever, and it's just a remarkable achievement. And it really just comes down to their writing, right, I mean it could have been I mean, I know people can't imagine any other actors being in these parts.
Speaker 3: But I think any other actors could have been in these parts and it still would have resonated.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that?
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, look, their writing is incredible that like any actor would just be dying to say it and.
Speaker 8: It elevates the performance.
Speaker 6: But I do also I don't think you can sell yourself short.
Speaker 3: No, no, right, that's why they have That's that's why they had the audition process.
Speaker 2: Because we smoked them all. That's what it was. He right, Sorry about that. Hi, what you day? My name's Batti. Hi, I'm from Colorado to Nice.
Speaker 12: Yeah, this question is for like both of you guys. But do you guys ever take anything from set, like as a keepsake that you really liked?
Speaker 6: I mean, I have my red glasses, but also I purchased them, so if they were going to keep them, then they were essentially stealing them from me.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I have an entire storage facility filled with things.
Speaker 2: That I borrowed from water Brothers. It borrows, That's the rhetoric is important, right, Never not borrowing, just borrow it.
Speaker 12: I borrow it, right, that's all Waiting for the Smithsonian to call and I'll just ship it over there.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 13: Hello, miss Wendy, and I'm from San Diego. This question is for Luke.
Speaker 8: I'd like to know if you'd.
Speaker 2: Like to marry me. That's right, I'm all right, can.
Speaker 11: I no, no, But I'd like to know how the show influenced your life and how you feel about being part of such an important show for everyone.
Speaker 3: I feel incredibly lucky and incredibly privihiched to.
Speaker 15: I mean, it takes luck. You've got to be in the right place at the right time. And I had another career before I did acting when I never was in the right place at the right time, or maybe I wasn't the.
Speaker 2: Right person when the right time came up, or whatever. You know, it just didn't align right.
Speaker 3: But I made a promise for myself when I got into acting, and I said, you know, I'm not gonna have a plan, dad, and I'm gonna work harder than everybody, and I'm gonna let the.
Speaker 16: Work speak for itself. And I'm not gonna chase fame. I'm not gonna chase it. I'm just gonna try to be as good as I can become.
Speaker 3: Because I started late in the game and develop a skill set and it landed me here twenty five years later, which is like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, a testament to hard work.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 5: It really is just.
Speaker 2: It's just doing the work.
Speaker 16: And when it's not about anything else, it's not about marketing myself or who I knew.
Speaker 2: Or anything like that, it's just good at what you do, right, Try to be good at what.
Speaker 17: You do well.
Speaker 11: I love your character and I enjoy the show and you're one of my favorite one with Laura.
Speaker 2: So thank you.
Speaker 8: Okay, when are you going to take you on the Coca cola date?
Speaker 3: Remember she wants to have a Coca Cola with you.
Speaker 8: I'm wondering when that's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Un checked my schedule.
Speaker 3: I want to give you one am I free for a Coca cola date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wife keeps my schedule.
Speaker 12: Perfect sss because that's.
Speaker 3: What my my my It's like Fresca orange, Fanta pepsi and then the colts are coming up.
Speaker 2: But one we'll look at that. Okay, thank you, love you, thank you so much. One more question, yeah, sure, sure sure.
Speaker 8: Favorite person has a question for when did you start acting?
Speaker 3: I started acting the moment I was born I said, Now, you know when I.
Speaker 2: Started thing.
Speaker 3: Is when I was just a little guy, and I was pretending to.
Speaker 2: Be one of the Beatles.
Speaker 3: And I was standing on the record player console, which was really just a coffee table and you open it up and there's a record player in there, and I was singing Beatles songs to my parents. So I was about four or five years old, which.
Speaker 18: Beetle It was probably their John or Paul. Yeah no Ringo yeah, nah no, nobody wanted to be Ringo. Thank you so much for your question. Where are you from, young.
Speaker 12: Man, I'm from California?
Speaker 19: Okay, great, thanks, thank you for your question. That's my son, by the way, right there, that's my pride and Joy. I think that's the greatest kid in the world. And he's with somebody else's greatest kid in the world. That's Dean Armstrong's daughter. Anyway, listen, thank you so much, and listen.
Speaker 3: Just get ready to fall in love again, okay because Star TV has got you covered.
Speaker 2: They got your back. Check it out on Star TV. Gilmore's from beginning to end all the best.
Speaker 3: Everybody, love you, thank you for coming out and braving this heat. And listen on one last thing, I want to thank everybody, Warner Brothers, David Finch for putting this together, this team, Joanne, Jerry, Danny Khan, the great great friends that I have at Warner Brothers who are so hard working and so visionary to put this together from one day for the best fans on the planet. So a shout out to the Warner Brothers team who none.
Speaker 2: Of this reponsible.
Speaker 3: And if you haven't done Holidays made here yet, do it. This place is converted, there's snow, there's lights. You can't believe what this place looks like in December and January. So when news tickets become available, book you will not be sorry.
Speaker 2: So once in a lifetime experience.
Speaker 10: I also want to give a shout out to somebody who has been working very close with me for a number of years, who's one of the great moms of the world.
Speaker 2: Her daughter's here page spin up right there.
Speaker 3: We're all Philly fans, we're South Jersey people, so do not mess with us. Elaine Espinoza, thank you for all of the hard work that you do and for how much you care and for also being a part of making all of this happen. Okay, much appreciation to you and she just got a big fat raise and you know a lot they're going to keep coming. Love you guys, Thank you so much. Remember fall in love again, start TV.
Speaker 2: No more girls, Wallla Wall love you, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Now over to my buddy, my other half in Luke's Diner, Aris Alvarado's.
Speaker 11: Q and A.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're gonna do a little Q and A. Now, thank you for allowing me to do this.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, now I want to take the hat off.
Speaker 2: What do you say? Can I take the hat off?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: No, that's a big no. All right, okay, all right, calm down. I won't take it off. I did. I did a convention in two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: Funny story and uh and there was there was a line, and there was about a forty five minute line, and there was one young girl who got up finally got up to the front line and I did not have my hat on, and she said, I waited forty five minutes for this crap.
Speaker 2: Three people. All right, so let's start the Q and A.
Speaker 18: Hi.
Speaker 2: What's your name? Hi, Loretta? Hi, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing fine? And dannam a little warm, just like everybody else.
Speaker 12: You know, that's a question, quick question, Who do you think is Rory's baby Daddy's so.
Speaker 2: I know better way to put that. I mean I kind of think it's I think it's Logan.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I mean I don't know, you know, teams you don't want to you know, I don't know. I'm like team everybody now, I don't care, you know, But it's like, I think he's the logical choice. You know.
Speaker 2: Here's my thing about Logan though, versus Jess.
Speaker 1: The question I ask myself is, in ten years of marriage with either Logan or Jess, hey, how many kids are there going to be? And who's more likely to cheat ten years?
Speaker 2: You know? Right, that's the question. That's the question you gotta ask.
Speaker 13: Are you ready to be your grandfather on the show and show that whole?
Speaker 2: Oh? Just bring it. I'm ready to be anything. I don't care.
Speaker 13: Can we get season two?
Speaker 3: Can you start?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get right on it. There we go, I'm gonna get right on it for you. All right, Thank you, Thank you?
Speaker 2: Hill. What was your favorite memory filming?
Speaker 1: What was my favorite memory from the show. Having a steady job. It's extremely difficult having a steady job in this town. And let me tell you something about you know, when you dream of something that you want to do in your life and you take the small steps to get there and you put the work in. Okay, this dream that came true was so much bigger than I had ever imagined and so overwhelming that the first time I drove through a gate two to come to my I had my own parking space with my name on it at Warner Brothers.
Speaker 2: And it hit me like a I pulled in the first time.
Speaker 3: I just sat there and the tears came, and I called my I called my mom.
Speaker 2: And I said, I'm sitting here in.
Speaker 1: My car, my crappy little car because i didn't have a nice car yet, and I'm sitting in a parking space and warn Bros.
Speaker 2: Got my name on it. So milestone moment in my life. So yeah, you also miss playing baseball.
Speaker 1: I missed the fellas. I missed the camaraderie. I missed the fun we had. I miss the feeling of people having your back in a physical sense and also in you know, cheering you on. This business is a little not like that, you know, it's it's it's egos and it's like people get I mean, you can have that kind of chemistry.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of rare. But in sports it's essential to have that. Right.
Speaker 1: You have to have that or you're not going to win. There has to be real unity. Yeah, it's just, you know, it's a fun.
Speaker 2: Thing to do.
Speaker 1: It's a kid's game, right, and you're an adult and you're playing a kid's game. And what's the in that movie that that great Moneyball movie? Say, you know, there's gonna be a day when somebody tells you can't play the kids game anymore. And that came for me when I was like twenty six years old and I decided to walk. Nobody told me, but I walked. But yeah, I do miss it a little bit, but I enjoy it now from a distance, and I enjoy watching a game or two. I have a friend who is on the Philadelphia Phillies twenty five men roster named Weston Wilson. You should cheer from him because he's a five tool player. He can hit for power, he can run, he can play any position. He's got a great arm based steel bases.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: Great dude, Thank you got a buddy. There you go. One more question? Hi, Hi, Hi? What name my name is?
Speaker 11: Savannah.
Speaker 2: Hi, Savannah, I.
Speaker 8: Have a question for both of you. Yes, if you guys were garden vegetables, which garden vegetables would you be.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let Caesar handle that.
Speaker 17: I'll be lettuce because I have a lot of layers. You have to get down to the center. And Caesar said, and dive a little, and dive.
Speaker 2: I want to. I'm a carrot because I want you to always.
Speaker 1: Always see me. Thank you, thanks for your question. Now we know I was always wondering what kind of vegetable I would be. Right, it's like a psychology test we just took.
Speaker 2: We revealed a lot about her. I know now I've got to look that up. And what does let us be together about?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 2: We're kind of a little little solid like you know, red lobster.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody, Look, it's been a pleasure enjoy each other's company. The great thing about the fan Bait is you're going to make friends here because everybody's here to celebrate and maybe some of y'all keep in touch over time.
Speaker 2: But enjoy each other, enjoy the food.
Speaker 1: And it's been a pleasure serving you for twenty five years, to serve you.
Speaker 2: For twenty five years more. Okay, all the best, much love, Thank you so much for all of the support and all of the love.
Speaker 1: We feel it, I feel it. It's fantastic. It's just such a great thing to be a part of. I got so lucky getting this part. It has been a joy and it's getting better every single year.
Speaker 2: Anyway, just remember get ready to fall in love again. With Start TV.
Speaker 1: You can watch Gilmore Girls now on start TV. Gilmore is spreading all over the place now now it's start TV, so enjoy, much love, Thank you, Thank you for your dedication and your fandom and your loyalty.
Speaker 2: Love you, guys.
Speaker 1: We had such a blasted Warner Brothers. Thank you to all the ants who came out to celebrate Mother's Day with us. Thanks to oursel Dorado and Vanessa Morano for joining us in the gazebo. And thanks to start TV, the brand new home of Gilmour Girls. You can catch a show every weekday at five pm four Central and again at eleven pm ten Central. Go to start tv dot com to see how to watch. Where you live and remember where you lead, we will follow. Stay safe everyone.
Speaker 2: Everybody, and don't for guest.
Speaker 3: Follow us on Instagram at I am all in podcas asked an email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com