Speaker 1: Twelve of the NFL's finest quarterbacks have left the comfort of their stadiums and luxury suites for.
Speaker 2: The adventure of a lifetime.
Speaker 1: These brit iron heroes are used to leading their teams on the field, but can they outplay, outlast, and outthrow each other in the ultimate survival challenge?
Speaker 3: You ain't everything you have in the gobae tied you man, We find a way to win the No matter what.
Speaker 1: The stakes are high and the competition is fierce, only one can claim the title of the ultimate survivor. Who rise to the top and who will be sacked?
Speaker 4: They wrote me off, I ain't right back, though, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: I'm right back.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 2: This is Quarterback Island. That's right.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Quarterback Island, a magical place where only your imagination and your ability to read a cover to defense while being a killer on the field and a politician in front of the microphone can stop you. Yes, this is it your vision, Jordan Rodrigue, Steve Weiss with us too. We're wearing tropical shirts and we're going to decide what quarterbacks in twenty twenty four deserve to start the season on the island. This is a big moment for you, specifically Jordan.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy right now, like when I first heard that, Like Randy, let's shout out. That was some excellent work on the intro.
Speaker 5: There, you guys are all on his own, no direction, he just did it.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 3: You guys are on theme. We have props. By the way, these are going to be really important if you're watching on YouTube. We are. We each have a yes sign and a no sign, very beautifully done by ETP behind the glass. This is Quarterback Island. Shall I explain?
Speaker 5: Yes, and welcome Steve from you from your travels all around training camps.
Speaker 3: But Steve's like what it's like, Oh, getting to know.
Speaker 5: All the Hall of famers. That's great, this is the real stuff.
Speaker 6: But I will say this, I am disappointed and at some of the sound we didn't use, and not including Jameis Winston because.
Speaker 2: His hype speech.
Speaker 6: The week one preseason was almost as good as eating the w Okay.
Speaker 3: He's the chair of the Redemption House for those who watch reality.
Speaker 5: Hey, as we explain with Quarterback Island, there's no rules that Jamis Winston can't emerge and find us a lot on Quarterback Island by the end of the season. He's not eligible right now. He's not a starting quarterback. And that's the first thing. But do you want to explain, Jordan, how a guy gets on Quarterback Island?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So Quarterback Island magical place. By the way, High Honor. We're calibrating Quarterback Island right now. We're going to cut it at twelve, so twelve quarterbacks will be voted onto the island. We will do the voting majority vote. There's three of us. For those who are watching on YouTube, you can see this, but if you're not, if you're listening, there are three of us here in the studio, two very lovely Hawaiian ice patter.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so we're going to go around the divisions and we're going to talk through different quarterbacks and we're going to vote about whether or not they are allowed on Quarterback Island. We're gonna do this throughout the season. We also can vote people off the island. There's gonna be some politicking involved. There's gonna be some high stakes backstabbing. Mm down the line, I'm already trying to buy Steve's votes. So Greg, you better watch your back, man.
Speaker 2: I mean, so we're like on the island, I mean just survivor tech.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we are, we are there and I look at it and you can tell me if I'm wrong. Like what twelve quarterbacks as we enter the season. It's not just who's the best? There's it's a little it's a little vague, you know, I don't know if vegas the right word. It's a little nebulos, like what quarterbacks define the position? Right now? What quarterbacks do you want on that island with who are the best? But also who are the best long term? Who are the best short term?
Speaker 3: It's and we can have and that's going to be the fun part is debating over okay, but there are two rules that we are starting out with. I'm looking directly at you, Greg, okay, right now, I'm not worried about Steve. I'm looking directly okay. Currently injured quarterbacks do not qualify. So justin Herbert, who would be on quarterback Island currently dealing with planter fasciitis kind of situation is They hope to have a resolution of this, but situation currently has less of a conclusion than we'd like.
Speaker 5: This time of year, we don't want to start Quarterback Island with a guy who might not suit up there. We're going to reconvene. It might be as early as week one, week two, once we see some data. And then justin Herbert and good.
Speaker 3: Ga, yes, and he could, he could. Justin Herbert could end up kicking someone else off the island, which is this is where the stakes come in. But also no rookies.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll revisit that.
Speaker 3: We will not revisit. Let's no rookies until the season starts, because Caleb Williams could come in and kick someone off. Jayden Daniels, JJ McCarthy, your guy. I saw you tweeting about him like.
Speaker 5: I was very press.
Speaker 3: Oh, come in, But Steve and I are going to gang up on you here because they got to play some real football first.
Speaker 5: Greg, We'll get to it when we get to the NFC North, but let's start NFC East because look, maybe we all have different visions of what quarterback Island should be. But to me, I think we start with the NFC East and the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott And it's kind of easy to forget. Lamar Jackson last year unanimous MVP, but there was a second place into this of MVP votes, and he was the Dallas Cowboys quarterback. So to me, this is one I don't think there needs to be a ton of discussion about. I think Dak Prescott's a pretty logical just choice.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, is around. Yes.
Speaker 6: My question is this, what if we like don't even get like halfway through this, are we voting people off?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, if we get twelve people on and Eric keep us honest, because I think that's the best way to do it. If we happen to get twelve people we get to the last division yet, then we'll have to kick some people off. But Dak is definitely on. I think we can say Daniel Jones of the New York Giants is not a tough one here. He is definitely a no across the board.
Speaker 3: I hope he has his floaties.
Speaker 5: Even at his peak two years ago. I don't think he ever would have gotten onto quarterback Island. Would if we have been a top twelve quarterback at some point in the twenty two season.
Speaker 6: Maybe, but I yeah, he might have been on the quarterback raft.
Speaker 5: Okay, he was one of the eight remaining quarterbacks of the twenty twenty two players. We don't need to spend too much time on the guys who are obvious. Jayde Daniels you mentioned, is just eliminated. We don't even have to vote applicable. He's not He's not a guy. Jalen Hurts. I'm curious if we need to vote at all or talk about or if we're in unison here that we all have him on the island.
Speaker 3: Yes is Yes is all around across the let's talk about it.
Speaker 5: Because I welcome Jalen.
Speaker 3: Welcome Jalen, the second person. You would be good vibes by the way I think Quarterback Island. You want to it's a handsome it's a handsome man at it. It's pretty privileged island. Yeah, like that's that was a great mena Kime's reference there on that show. So I think with Jalen Hurts, I really cannot wait to see what this offense looks like. I can't wait what it will look like with more motion that actually means something, not just motion for the sake of motion, eye candy, that actually changes gaps, that actually realigns formations in space. And I can't ever discount what Jalen Hurts can do, you know, with that dual threat ability, especially when he's gonna have a really good running back with him in Saquon. Yes, But at the same time, the dude can throw the hell out of the ball as well. And he has played at a very high level quarterbacks, some deep, deep deep playoff team super Bowl loss obviously, but teams that when even when the defense was doing nothing to help him. Jalen Hurts belongs on Quarterback Island. Now, if this offense comes out and and you know, just craps the bed, then we'll revisit the conversation. But he is an outstanding quarterback on Quarterback Ey.
Speaker 6: He got like three awesome targets too. I mean, yeah, Dallascott and HJ. Brown and Smith.
Speaker 5: But do we take that into account, Jordan with Quarterback Island, you almost have to.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take that into account.
Speaker 5: Some of the arguments make Well, here's the thing with Hurts. I saw that ESPN Jeremy Fowler Executive poll. They had him thirteenth. But you know they they.
Speaker 3: Also thought that Josh Allen was overrated.
Speaker 5: So they well, no, but that was one guy thought that you know, they people like to pull, you know, but he was like second on that list. They had him thirteenth. I saw our guy, Stephen Ruiz, my guy, I'm not going to give him to you guys. I don't even know if you know Steven.
Speaker 3: I love Steve.
Speaker 5: He had him like thirteenth in his quarterback rankings too, So I do think there's an underappreciation of how much Jalen Hurts can do just as a physical threat. And I was really excited that when he got to camp. Everyone said after it was a little rocky picking up the Kellen Moore offense in the off season night and day, and the ball hasn't been on the ground that much at camp. And to me, he's he's a no brainer. People are too quick to put some of these other guys will get to above Jalen Hurt. So I'm I'm glad he's on. That's the NFC East. We have two on from the NFC East.
Speaker 3: Ten spots to go. Takes our rise.
Speaker 5: Let's go you're on quarterback guy, Let's go to NFC. Jared Goff is an interesting way. Let's talk about him before we do any voting, because I feel like he could be right there at the border at least he's in that area.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 5: Let's be real when we made our list. You guys tell me if you're different. There's about seven, six or seven are like, okay, that seems pretty He's on for sure. There's about ten that are definitely not on. And then there's about ten, yeah, ten to twelve that I think we got to talk about. And I think Goff is one of those guys. Does anyone want to make a case four or against Jared Goff.
Speaker 2: I'll make the case for Jared, Okay. I mean, one, he's a damn good player.
Speaker 6: Two he's got arguably I'm gonna put one of the top three play designers, and Ben Johnson can stuff up for him. You know, great offensive line. They've paid four of their starting five offensive lineman they should, They've invested heavily in the O line.
Speaker 2: And he's got like just studs everywhere you look to throw it to.
Speaker 6: I mean, so besides being a good player, having a great play designer, great offensive line, he's I mean, we're gonna we're gonna get into some debate and I'm not saying he's being carried here because I think he's a proper well.
Speaker 5: It is the first thing you brought up though, and to me, I.
Speaker 2: Said he was a great player.
Speaker 5: We all disagree maybe on what it takes to be on quarterback, and to me, the teammates don't matter because that much because I'm thinking he's on an island.
Speaker 2: We want that.
Speaker 5: I want the twelve guys who defined the position right who are playing the best right now. And yes, you're right, if they have great people around him, then we'll look smarter because he's gonna have a good season. But I'm more thinking about the guy I want a little bit in a vacuum, and so I think Goff maybe struggles in that front.
Speaker 3: You know what, though, I'm okay with Jared Goff and of in a vacuum, I'm less okay with Jared Goff against some of these crazy pressure defenses, but in a vacuum. To your point, Greg, just in a vacuum. I don't think Jared Goff is out here lowering any floors for teammates and is being He is doing what he's asked to do. But he is also at this point in his career, far less so than perhaps in previous years, elevating along with a group that is peaking at the right time. I think I talk about this all the time. I think pace is one of the sneaky most important things for a quarterback to have along with his organization, not to outgrow the pace of the organization, not to undergrow the pace of the organization, but to match it along with those playmakers, along with the collaborators that are helping this thing go. I'm not saying that, you know, Jared Goff can lift the you know, chiefs receivers that we've seen over the past couple I'm not saying that at all. That's a whole other conversation. I'm just saying he has the right pace. I do think he belongs on quarterbacky. I will also say, though, that I flip flopped a lot of times with a lot of guys sort of in that middle tier to the point where it was like a dunk tank situation. It's like you're in the water.
Speaker 5: I'll try to convince you out of it. Because I'm voting no. I'm voting no for Jared Goff. I want to see what you guys are voting.
Speaker 2: You're going on.
Speaker 6: But he might be the first guy to get to get pulled off the plane.
Speaker 3: I agree with Steve. I'm voting yes, but it might be he might just keep one pinky toad dipped in there.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I'm trying to avoid an embarrassing situation. If you guys say you like Jared Goff as much as you do, like, maybe save him the embarrassment of him being on the island and thinking he's all good. This is like when he was on Rams Island and they booted him off because they wanted a shinier model. Later, what if he gets kicked off for Matthew Stafford in.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: Jared Jared Goff tied for sixth in EPA per play zero point one one EPA p pass play with c. J. Stroud and Matthew Stafford. And yes, a lot of factors go into that. It's not going to be the sexy brand of throwing the ball that we see from other quarterbacks, but it's getting the job done.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, on this island, things can get bumpy. You get you know, hurricanes, you need food. Like you were worried about him handling a pressure defense, how about a pressure front coming in. It might not be able to anily listen.
Speaker 3: When you're on an island, you just need one person who you can outrun when the bear's coming all right.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wow, we're talking squalls.
Speaker 5: I don't know if Jared Goff might be the slowest guy on this island when we get to the end of it, so he might be the guy people are out running. All right, let's stay in the division. Let's go to the Packers. Jordan Love, do we want to talk about it or do we want to vote? Right off the bat. He's an interesting case because people that thought he got paid too early. I disagree with that because they saw enough, I think to know, they've seen enough in their building to know what they want for the next four to five years. It's not just about those nine games now putting him on the quarterback island of like twelve defining quarterbacks in the league. He's going up against some other player eventually that I've shown it over a longer period of time. But to me, I'm going to vote yes right off the bat because of the talent is just outrageous. Jordan, what do you vote?
Speaker 3: I'm voting yes for all the like a lot of the reasons you said, but also because we're going to talk about some guy. Oh, Steve's gonna have a chance to it to Rebut here we were talking about a lot of guys who are either peeking or potentially on the brink of descending a little bit. There's a lot of guys that we're going to get to that are kind of in that category. I think is ascending along with a really exciting core group of skill players of talent, a coordinator that gets him and vice versa in the in the head coach, and I think he's ascending at the right time. That's why I vote yes.
Speaker 6: I mean, I I agree with all that. I'm just looking at the other list and.
Speaker 3: Inviting about your fall, guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a tiny island. Yeah, the island you're.
Speaker 3: Going to be Sean McVay you.
Speaker 5: To me, I'm thinking about this island, not just of like who's the best, like who who explains the quarterback position? Who defines it in the year twenty twenty four. And to me, when I'm looking at who's playing on Sunday or it's Friday night to start the season, Jordan Love is right near the very top of the list of like guys I want to see and in that offense, which you know, just a great young I just feel like that's more sizzle, that's more QB island to me than Jared Goff. So I'm voting yes.
Speaker 3: I will revise 's on one small point, and you can still vote no if you know, if you are not are if you are so unmoved by this passionate speech here. But I think that Jordan Love, if we're talking about embodies quarterbacking, I think he embodies it in so many ways in terms of specifically the conversation about development about pace, like I mentioned about what it really takes to eventually put all the pieces together as a player and to keep growing and to continue to push and ascend even when all of the millions and millions of things that come upon these players the course of a career could break them, and adversity and all those things. Problem solving, developing and getting better, and that is one of the key elements that every great quarterback, eventual great quarterback has, and he's already showing very small signs of being able.
Speaker 5: To do that.
Speaker 6: I agree with all that I'm just playing island GM here. Okay, we'll really have fifty three spots on the island right well, I know that I'm just playing island G Yes, I.
Speaker 2: Mean I can't keeping spots, Okay, I hear you. So we're clearly in this.
Speaker 6: If we're taking two by division, well that would be sixteen so far we're taking.
Speaker 5: I just say that that Jordan love Man can throw the ball really far and it's really exciting. All right, let's go to the Vikings JJ McCarthy and or C. M.
Speaker 4: Donald.
Speaker 5: That's obviously a no. If we're counting Donald and then the Bears. I guess eligible. I guess the rules are saying that Caleb Williams is ineligible. I just got to say, like, why not get ahead of things again? If you're talking about defining the position. I've seen enough. It's not just the preseason. It's Caleb Williams as a prospect. Like Caleb Williams again, bringing the juice, bringing the talent. He is going to be such a big part, I believe, of all of our lives for the next ten or fifteen years. He is going to be building a high rise on quarterback Island. Like he's going to be there. We might as well just put him there now, because who's more important to the quarterback position in the coming year, Jared Goffer or Caleb Williams.
Speaker 2: I would just put Caleb agree without going to school first, bro to what.
Speaker 5: He plays one or two games and we put him on.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have that power. We so have that power and authority as the lords of quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no hate, no hate for Caleb here. He's going to be fantastic.
Speaker 3: Because I agree with you. I do think in terms of the zeitgeist of what football is and what quarterbacking is like, Yes, of course Caleb Woods.
Speaker 2: But I think it's going to be that good right off the bat.
Speaker 5: If CJ. Stroud can be that good right off the bat, and why can't Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: You build a foundation on concrete, not say and don't make that man build a foundation for a skyscraper on a sandy island. Greg, give him the tools to build a foundation on concrete. Then we'll put it over on the island.
Speaker 2: You gotta hit him with the.
Speaker 5: Sun on the end that you there that hurt am. I gotta give it to you, all right, I will.
Speaker 3: Some pink things, get some sunscreen on it.
Speaker 5: I feel. I feel chastened, is what I feel. Let's go to the NFC South. I don't think we're gonna fight too QUI no, Derek Carr of the Saints.
Speaker 3: I have no sign.
Speaker 2: No, No, I.
Speaker 5: Mean you need a guy who can withstand pressure, not just literal pass rush heat. I think he struggled was that, Yeah, we don't even have much of a conversation here. No, but also like you gotta a standing from the media to a little bit. I feel like sometimes he gets a little sensitive. So that's I want. I want a guy who's who's strong, you can stay.
Speaker 2: I love Derek, but no, now we're talking Top twelve.
Speaker 5: Bryce Young is a is a know all around. We all hope the best for Bryce Baker Mayfield. Nice turnaround. Did you did anyone think about Baker Maype.
Speaker 6: I did not think about Baker no respect limitations.
Speaker 5: And yet the closer I've gotten to the season, I've convinced myself that this Bucks team, who I'm going to pick to win this are a little more frisky and deeper in terms of their talent than people realize. So I think he might be set up for more success than people realize.
Speaker 6: That's all I agree. We're talking top twelve here. He may have to fight his way on.
Speaker 5: Okay, and the final quarterback in the division is Kirk Cousins, probably the most interesting one to talk about. You want to make a case for or against the start off.
Speaker 3: Jordan, I am not putting Kirk cousins interest on quarterback Island. I had some I had some thought about this. I had a real good think on this particular argument because I am willing we'll get to I know we'll get to him in a minute. I am willing to put Aaron Rodgers on Quarterback Island and both coming off of well, we'll see because we're getting tight on the numbers here as Steve a steam point and.
Speaker 2: Output, you got three on I.
Speaker 3: I just the streakiness. You and Ollie Connolly had a great show episode just talking about Kirk's streakiness. He's gonna do you know, I believe in Zach Robinson, but Zach Robinson is gonna have to learn. He's got a really steep learning curve, almost similar to that of what a young quarterback would have, and Kirk will help him with that. But I just think you're one of this. I know everyone looked at the Falcons as like, Okay, they're ready to win now. They're ready to win now. But I kind of tend to think that they might stall a little because there is relative inexperience on certain things, and I think they're gonna get scored on a lot.
Speaker 2: Prove it to me.
Speaker 5: Kirk Cousins, Uh, okay, you had said yes, I would have gotten no just because of your reasoning. You got you know, and I'm spiteful of like he's almost a little.
Speaker 3: Like the game is bringing the best out of Gray.
Speaker 5: It's like he's a little like Cale Williams. To me, it's like a new team. You're coming off an Achilles injury. You're thirty six years old, and let be real, for the majority of your career you've been about QB thirteen QB twelve anyways, So why am I even though you're always in the news giving you the benefit of the doubt, you're not getting on the island.
Speaker 6: Chains is not. He wear the change on the plane. But I'm with you, he's not.
Speaker 5: That's the first surprise to me. I thought, for some reason, I would be on an island.
Speaker 2: But there's a couple of guys Gregg Island.
Speaker 5: Couple guys got Greg Island would be sneaky fun. It'd be lawful, but it'd be sneaky fun.
Speaker 3: God, it would just be constant noise.
Speaker 2: It would be annoying. Law I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to make sure islands have been getting a bad rap lately, so I'm just wanting you know, it's all all kosher there on Greg Allen, great food.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 5: Let's take a quick break and then we will come back and go through the rest of the divisions and determine who is making it to QB Islands to start this. Oh yeah, we're back on Quarterback Island.
Speaker 2: Man, What the name of lot.
Speaker 3: Going on with the drumps lords of Quarterback Island? I feel power, much power.
Speaker 5: I am having so much fun, but I'm having even more fun seeing how much fun Jordan is having. And I do want to apologize to anyone that knows Derek Carr in the car family who heard a sound effect that sounded like a man drowning. That was That was a sound effect we weren't expecting to use. We had decided against. It was a little too large. Let's actually hear it again now that now that I've brought it up, Okay, that's it's too far. First of all, he was never on Okay, y, we're not going to do that again. But I did make me laugh that you hit it by mistake and I just wanted to explain it to the.
Speaker 3: My shoulders have ten stuff.
Speaker 2: But that was a little much. It was a little much.
Speaker 5: NFC West Matthew Stafford. You know a couple of years ago, I would have thought he would have taken a discussion. You say, yes, Steve, Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, slam dunk.
Speaker 6: I mean Anthony Stafford over the back half of the season was one of the best top two quarterbacks in the NFL last year. We know how good he is. He's got he's got too over the back half of the season last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and with with Pooka and the cool and Cooper Cup, now tight end situation is going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: And he is.
Speaker 5: He looks a little thinner.
Speaker 3: This's Ginny Stafford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 5: Little different moves so well, I kind of don't get it. When I was at the practice, I was like, I don't remember. I know he moved well last year, but then even better. How was he getting better twelve They're.
Speaker 3: Saying it's the tennis for Actually they're saying it's all the tennis he's playing in the off season.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he was playing. That's really good for an elbow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe he's going lefty. Yeah. Maybe, Well that also tells you how good that elbow feels, I think, because you know how hyper fixated he is on any little thing that might be possibly wrong, you know, with the arm.
Speaker 5: You know he's pickle No, we're not into pickle ball on QB, Islander or in the Chris Westling.
Speaker 3: Only real sports only on QB.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: And I do love that Drew Brees and Matthew Stafford were both big time tennis players. But it kind of explains what's happened to American tennis. We lose a lot of the good athletes, you know, to the to the bigger sports. Disappointing. Stafford is on what a what a career arc. Honestly, for most of his career he was bouncing around around that number twelve thirteen spot. And yet I'm with you, no brainer. Kyler Murray is anyone does anyone want to make a case that he belongs I I am a big Kyler Murray fan. Steve says, yes, Wow, Yes.
Speaker 6: I'm going to argue this to the Crows come home. I think he's a dynamic player. When he's on the field, they win. Like when you look at the losses Kyler Murray has been off the field or d Hop or James Connor, like they haven't had anybody else since. I think Kyler Murray is a top twelve quarterback in the NFL. They've got him some weapons, They've tightened up the offensive line a little bit. I'm not saying Arizona is going to be a playoff team, but I think we're going to see Kyler Murray be able to play his best football. He's not going to be escaping the free rusher that came with the head coaches blocking schemes.
Speaker 2: He's going to be able to do his thing. We know he's got the Bazouk of an arm. We know he's a dual threat.
Speaker 6: You guys talked about defining the position or he's the ARC type.
Speaker 5: Now, Jordan, as someone who came up with QB. Allen to begin with, do you see any projection in our ability as voters because he is you know, he played the second half of last season. And I feel like I'm about as high on Kyler Murray this season as I could be, and I had him as a no. And yet I think for the first time Steve has convinced me anyone has convinced me of anything. So good job, Steve.
Speaker 3: This is a really big day.
Speaker 6: This also helps been taking any quarterbacks from the Enfercy South is that's true.
Speaker 5: We got five guys so far now that we have Stafford, we have Dak Jalen, Hurtz, Goff, Jordan Love and Stafford. We have five on. But I think you just swung me because I guess I'm viewing it. Maybe we should have a little bit of a projection that I think he's going to be there in the end, so why not put him there right now?
Speaker 2: He gets me juiced up. I'm saying, yes, he's on.
Speaker 3: My problem with this and I have my no sign up. My only issue with this because I am fully willing and ready to vote him on to Quarterback Island by like week three, because I think he's going to have an outstanding year. It is inarguable what he accomplished last year. But I am doing the math, and I've got my names written out here. I'm doing the math.
Speaker 5: Yea, you took Caleb away from me. Kirk was on the borderline.
Speaker 3: So now Quarterback Island is not about retaliation, Greg, It's about quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: It's about getting We're on the slippery slope pier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I gotta say if I will say, and I'm gonna put my you know, I'm not a mom, and don't get my mom voice here, Greg like, Yeah, if we're not arguing projection with anyone else, we can't just change that for one person. I will tell you I'm fully ready by week three or four to watch him play his way onto the island. I think he has the gifts the skills to do it. Short king, we love that. But also if we're not arguing, if we're not allowing arguing of projection as a fundamental principle of the previous what six people we've just voted on the island, then we can't just ark the rule a little bit.
Speaker 5: For one, he's like right on that borderline.
Speaker 2: The numbers he may be coming off. It's tough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think just for the show entertainment, it'd be fun to kick some people off too. And so I don't appreciate you saying a guy that's five eleven is short because.
Speaker 2: I love five eleven.
Speaker 3: Kyler Murray was yeah, yeah, breaking here push back on that.
Speaker 5: One, all right, I love that, I love it. Could we go across the border how many NFC West We have two more quarterbacks in the NFC West?
Speaker 3: No, I mean how many?
Speaker 5: How many spots left? Because we just voted Kyler on, So that's six at six.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. He's coming off. There's no way, So should I change you?
Speaker 5: Kind of did change my mind a little bit with the whole projection idea, so we got to save him the embarrassment.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's no.
Speaker 3: It was so wait was I the second person to ever change you?
Speaker 2: Now have changed my mind back Tyler?
Speaker 5: Steve.
Speaker 2: This is a big date on the same QB who knew.
Speaker 3: Steve and Ire This is a big day.
Speaker 5: And that's because I want to make the case for Geno sith. I think he is right around that twelfth quarterback mark over the last two seasons combined. So to me, that's a nice track record. Steve lifts up a sign that says no. Jordan lifts up a sign that says no.
Speaker 3: Like Kyler, I am ready to watch him play his way onto.
Speaker 2: The ie he played it.
Speaker 5: I watch the twenty twenty three season, I watched the twenty twenty two season.
Speaker 3: I did, I did, and I heard every minute of you honking about Geno's.
Speaker 5: We threw her forty four hundred when he was when he was top five VP in the league on first and second down, and they can't protect him on third down.
Speaker 2: It all falls apart.
Speaker 3: This is all numbers. This is all numbers to me too, in terms of the math that we're that we're doing here on on quarterback Island and the predetermined spots available on quarterback Island. I like Kyler. My no is not like a firm no. It's it's a bit of a wobbly no in that I am fully ready to watch Geno Smith play his way onto quarterback Island and get one of these twelve spots.
Speaker 5: I mean, is that just what you're going to say to let people down gently when you.
Speaker 3: Are No, Because I believe in Geno Smith. I think he's outstanding.
Speaker 5: I think, well, because I'm annoyed by this, I'm now putting Kyler back on as a yes. I don't know if you were finished as a yes.
Speaker 2: No, he's off.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at the numbers. You haven't party AFC yet. We haven't got the AFC yet.
Speaker 3: AFC is the majority roll, get get fined.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get to the next guy.
Speaker 5: Hey, Okay, Brock pretty see. I truly do believe you know, it's been a top twelve quarterback over the last two years. You make the case. Party was one where I didn't have a yes or no. I just wanted to listen to what you guys said.
Speaker 3: I am, first of all, not going to give brock Purty negative marks for his own success and for his own development over the last couple of years. I think he takes more risks than people think he takes. I'm and I also am not going to Like we've argued from the start here, I'm not this has been the parameter I've judged through. Now it's okay if not everyone judges through that parameter, but through what I've judged through, I am not going to punish a quarterback for accentuating the system around him and vice versa. I like I said, I don't think he's dropping anyone's floor. I think the pace of this offense is that it all raises together.
Speaker 5: Is he better than Kyler?
Speaker 3: I don't. I think that they're both going to be on queer back measured differently. Yes, okay, Steve go so, I.
Speaker 6: Mean my thing when it's the first time about Kyler I mean, you talk about all the athletic things, so that's Kyler, but you talk about somebody who not only runs this offense. You watch Rock Party. I watch every one of their games. He is a killer. He has got that Joe Burrow Final two minutes. I'm taking your teeth out approach to him. And I am a huge Rock Party guy because at the end of games, at the end of moments, he elevates people, and well, the hardest thing to do when you have a superstar lineup is to get all of these guys rocking and rolling consistently at the biggest moments.
Speaker 2: I am. I am Team rock Purty all day.
Speaker 3: I will also tell you Steve spent a lot of time up there. I've spent a little bit of time up there as well in previous seasons as he was still developing. And this is not a quarterback who simply does what Kyle Shanahan tells him to do. Maybe he started that way and that's what helped him really see football in that way and really develop in a very specific way. Very specific by the way, too, all of the little micro details of that ecosystem that is how they developed him. Is like you are basically the AI program of what Kyle Shanahan wants to do. And that's fine, But I don't think he just simply throws points where Kyle points, throws ball where Kyle wants ball thrown. Like. I think there's a legitimate collaboration starting to develop there.
Speaker 5: I'm with you, and he's an improving player. And the reason I vote yes in the end too, is you're, oh.
Speaker 3: You had us in the first half.
Speaker 5: I wasn't sure he was up in the air. But to me, it's more important that he helped. If we're talking about the position in twenty four defining the position, I think he really makes it on that count too. And when you said about killer at the end of the games, I just started think about it. I just double checked it. I mean, they needed a touchdown at the end of the divisional round or they would have faced absolutely terrible upset. They get the touchdown. They needed a touchdown and or a field goal five straight drives against the Lions. Yes, and they or else they wouldn't have, you know, and he struggled. He set them up for that definit but he gets it. And even in the Super Bowl where you know their defense played great through three quarters. He needs a touchdown and a field goal to get them two overtime, and a field goal in overtime, which it shouldn't be dismissed. He gets them all. I mean, that is pretty kind of amazing if you think about it.
Speaker 3: Very clear, we're not saying that because he's on quarterback Island, that he's like sitting in the throne on quarterback Island, which I've just developed and built in my mind, which that's a whole other that's a whole other show. I'm saying he is on quarterback Island. Okay, he could be off quarterback island if he plays poorly or someone plays better.
Speaker 5: Okay, we have gotten through the NFC, so we're six on. We've done it nice and evenly. But I don't know if that's how it's all because the coming off is deeper in quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: He's coming off.
Speaker 5: Let's go to the AFC East. I don't think Josh Allen needs any discussion. We are all around giving him a Yes, he has earned his right, whether he's QB two, QB three, who knows he's he's up there to a tongue of Iiloa. To me is one of the more fascinating ones. We can talk about Steve. Let's just talk about him before we voted.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 5: You've had a lot of time around to it. You saw him get paid. What are your thoughts.
Speaker 6: I saw him play a full season last year and lighted up. I saw a dude whose teammates roll with him. Okay, this is a guy. Let's not forget. He came in his rookie year where the head coach you didn't want him, overcoming an injury fully healthy. The next year head coach you didn't want him has to change ocs still puts up numbers. Now he comes in with a head coach, he says, Okay, I got a guy who can run my system. I got a guy who's who's good. We got him some players around and any lights it up. This is an ascending player. This he is a top ten to twelve quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I mean you could do this. Oh he's not this, or he doesn't have the strongest sign. There's a lot of.
Speaker 6: Teams that will like to a tongue of my load. There's a reason why they paid him, because if they didn't he went elsewhere, there'd be someone else who paid him and that's another barometer here. So we're on the island. We're not gonna put the Samoan dude on the island.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 5: I'm a little confused now because we've put Jared Goff on the island.
Speaker 2: Who I didn't He's on it. He's on the potentially I didn't want.
Speaker 5: He's actually had above Jared Goff, but probably below the cutoff line for the island. I do want to say, so now that you guys have forced golf on me, that makes me less likely Am I the swing vote to vote for two.
Speaker 6: Of you can't have six NFC dudes on Now that I'm looking at this, We'll see.
Speaker 3: I don't think we will, Okay, Yeah, I I all when I was going back and forth, he was one of the people who I flip flopped on so many times thinking about this, and I interchanged him with Jared and also even with brock Perty I interchanged them together, certainly with Kyler a little bit with Gino as well, but with Tua Steve. I know you know this because you spend so much time out there when you stand, if you get to stand, if you ever are lucky and you get to stand behind the way that they run that offensive operation in a live best on best ones period, and you hear all of the things that Tua does before the snap in terms of orchestrating all of the moving pieces of that offense, I think he is being asked to do more pre snap than almost any other quarterback in the league, first of all. Second of all, what a lot of people don't understand about motion is that every First of all, there are a million different types of motion that most of which we never even talk about, and they all are timed off of the quarterback's cadence, the spacing in between certain words, the way that they manipulate to sort of send a signal to the offense that we're gonna run this motion even though it sounds. The defense like this motion, timing it with the exact snap, the quarterback building that rapport and trust, with the receivers changing gaps, and the quarterback understanding which way the defense is going to move, because, like I said before, with Jalen Hurts and that previous Eagles offense, it's not just moving a guy just to move him. It is picking up a gap, putting it under your arm, and or running with it to another place and moving a defender and then so understanding the way that the defenses and the voids, especially in zoning defenses change at that point the space underneath the shell of the zone defense. And so with Tua tongue of Ailo, I've flip flopped so much because I do think that he is being asked to do more than most quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: Into what's your answer?
Speaker 3: My answer is yes, and I know I'm gonna I know I'm gonna kick someone off, but I also have him, Like I said, I also have him like right on the fringe because you're looking at you know, the record. The struggle is late down the stretch of the of the collective.
Speaker 5: And don't consistently, and I do think that should matter somewhat that he can survive a season and play at a similar level throughout. That's the next level. That's the you know, you got to play an entire season and be consistent year after a year, and he hasn't quite done that.
Speaker 3: That's why he was right on the.
Speaker 5: I'm on the borderline on one hand, like I want to avoid all the Dolphins fans seeing the list where there's only two. On the other hand, I kind of want you to come after me, So I kind of want to kick them off just to hear about it because it makes me feel good.
Speaker 3: Don't tag the rest of us, just tag Greg.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so let me just put this out there. Now, he's on. You guys voted him on, So let me just put this.
Speaker 6: Out there just because we think some of these guys can n us here in shallow water. If you put two on Detroit or put two with the Packers, is he putting up same or better numbers than.
Speaker 2: Those other guys.
Speaker 3: I think he's putting up similar numbers. Yes, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: So two is on. That's good.
Speaker 5: That's a good way to put it. But but I will tell you, Jordan Love would be more aesthetically pleasing. But everything you're saying reminds me of like Kurt Warner, and Kurt Warner always is a to a defender, I believe because to win that way pre snaff and then with touch, timing, anticipation. I mean, so many of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of the game I've won that way. Joe Montana half history. Our people were like, how is he getting this done? And I'm not saying two is at that level, but that type of player sometimes does get a little undervalued by jokers like me who just look at the physical traits.
Speaker 3: And I want to say, and I'm honking now, I understand that, thank you for being such a great mentor to me, Greg, But like this is also it goes even beyond like all of the different It's a conductor of an orchestra. You're hitting the timpanye in one part and you're doing a little pinky point. It's someone else that's getting the violin, and you've got the clarinet going off and doing some crazy shit, and it's just like you have to know what all of the pieces are going to do and how the defense is going to react. But then you have a second play, so you get them to react to the first play, and then you reorchestrate the entire thing.
Speaker 2: Did you go? Can can?
Speaker 3: Right there, I'm like, wild, did you go?
Speaker 2: Can't? Can't? Second place?
Speaker 3: And can water water go back to the first one, and so I think here's the here's the thing though, it's also about all of the different ways he could throw the ball. I know we talk at nauseum about the arm strength with Tua, but the way that they're able to do some of the no hitch throws because of the speed they have it skill players and again parameters that that I'm using here as I'm not punishing a guy for the skill players here and all of the speed they can go no hitch. So you're you're not hitching in your throat YouTube. You can watch me awkwardly do that. You're not hitching with your throat. You're going quick game, but you're actually going intermediate and deep routes because you have that speed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 3: Still can hit that even though all of it, all of that orchestration that I just talked about, is happening in half the time. And that's miliciny.
Speaker 5: It's fast, he's fast, he's on the he's on the island.
Speaker 2: Not quickly.
Speaker 5: You convinced me, impressive. Honking Drake may not eligible. Jacoby Brissett is a no no with whichever Patriot. Aaron Rodgers is a weird one. I actually thought Aaron Rodgers would be a relatively easy no at this point because he's at a prove it season to me. For me, not just because he's coming off of such a serious injury orthough that's into it, but because he didn't play that well, the last season that he was healthy. So I'm not just rubber stamping Aaron Rodgers onto this island when I've seen guys like Gino Smith and Kirk Cousins out play him the last couple of years and they didn't make it on the island. He's a big fat no.
Speaker 2: He's a big fat yes.
Speaker 6: Mark seriously telling me you're taking Gino Smith over Aaron Rodgers right now for.
Speaker 5: Who would deserve to be on this island. Yeah, show it to me. Everyone's excited because he's he's winning in practice and everything.
Speaker 2: He struggled in famer who got hurt?
Speaker 5: I get it, But he played through the injury in twenty twenty two and he played worse than Genus of that year. So that was the last time they were both on the field together. I don't want to make it about Gino. What I mean is, like I think, if you really look at his twenty twenty two season, he would not have been one of the top twelve quarterbacks. He wasn't top twelve in any possible metric that you could use, whether it was PFF, whether if it was qbr DVA. Like in my eyeballs, he was good that year. But not great. My eyeballs eyeball, So he's got to prove it. He's no, you're the deciding vote here, Jeorgane.
Speaker 3: I know, and I gotta tell you I had him as a yes. But Greg, I think you convinced me on a no.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 3: But Steve, I'm giving you. Do we have time, Steve for one more? Do you have any could you could you pull me back to your side? Here? Is there any? I mean, I love being wound.
Speaker 6: My whole thing is my thing. The whole thing is very simple. I mean last year what they won seven games? Yeah, with Joe Donut and Jack Rabbit playing quarterback. Right, if Aaron Rodgers was healthy, they're going to the playoffs in a very tough AFC.
Speaker 2: But Greg is thinking, you know that Aaron's gonna come in there and have a one to one.
Speaker 5: No, I think it'll be fine. I think it'll be fine. I mean I don't think it's I mean, I'm just sitting here.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe I can see Greg's starting to maybe.
Speaker 2: I'd be dazzled by my whole.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't think it's cool that you just called Tim Boyle, Joe Donut or oh Trevor Simeon.
Speaker 3: Yes, Timporton, Am I right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I I no, come on.
Speaker 5: The only reason I would put him on right now is because he'd be a fun guy to kick off later.
Speaker 2: But that's what is You're such a Patriots fam.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just having fun, all right.
Speaker 3: I'm putting him on.
Speaker 2: What yes, thank you?
Speaker 3: I might I might kick him off later, but I'm putting him on.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: We just put three in from that division. That means we have nine. It's gonna get we have real crowded Lamar Jackson is on on, Joe Burrow is on.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, suddenly we're up to eleven. We have only one spot left. Because you mean between two guys.
Speaker 5: No, between two divisions and two guys that the stealers don't have an option between Justin Fields and Russell Wilson. We can all say no, right, no, So I think that was the no that was. It wasn't that he's on. Well either way, that's.
Speaker 3: A not You know what though, when we hold up upside down, it does stay.
Speaker 4: On for the first couple options.
Speaker 3: Cat than just getting really heated.
Speaker 5: We're starting to we gotta we gotta pick.
Speaker 2: It up here.
Speaker 4: I don't know who that bows for. We're there is one for you.
Speaker 5: Steelers is a no stealers is absolutely no Deshaun Watson. Does he deserve any conversation?
Speaker 2: Negative? No, he's not on.
Speaker 6: No quarterback or no player coming into twenty twenty four has more of a spotlight on him than Deshaun Watson. We could talk about Aaron Rodgers or anything else. The fact that the Houston Texas have gotten fat off of the draft picks they got from Deshaun watching trade and the fact that the Cleveland Browns will be them a playoff team have gotten no ROI okay, number four the island lists, Yeah, the mainland Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the pressure he's not on the island.
Speaker 5: It is just crazy. All the Browns fans and Watson, everyone say.
Speaker 2: Why are you? Why are you so tough on Watson?
Speaker 5: Like you're just a hater.
Speaker 2: It's like that's a real split audience up there, because the whole I'm.
Speaker 5: Just saying, like, at what point have you seen anyone resembling the quarterback he was in Houston? Because as much as I don't like it, if you saw that quarterback for about three straight weeks, everyone like me would shut up. They would have to. They wouldn't, They wouldn't like it, but they would have to. But that quarterback hasn't been there so yet, we don't need to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Uh, CJ.
Speaker 5: Stroud does he take any conversation or is he already just like obviously on there?
Speaker 3: I think yeah he is, but we're gonna have to now kick someone off. Yeah, we're up to twelve, so well we haven't got have we. Wait, we're at twelve, so I didn't circle first.
Speaker 4: CJ should be number twelve on my countra thank you.
Speaker 5: So we're up to CJ. And that was part of the reason I did not want to put Rogers on, was because I knew the okay, we are so okay.
Speaker 2: So right now we basically have we have twelve guys.
Speaker 6: Ree Cannadas possibly for who are on the inflatable slide on the aircraft.
Speaker 5: Okay, so let's go through the teams that are remaining. The Tennessee Titans have Will Levis, you know, no, stop taking hits and the goal line. That's a no across the board. Obviously. Trevor Lawrence is an interesting no to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love him, though I think he's going to be hell a player.
Speaker 3: I wish I wish he's not there.
Speaker 5: It's a disappointment.
Speaker 3: I have to see him on a different team there.
Speaker 2: I would really yeah, I would too. I'm not putting it.
Speaker 5: All on the team.
Speaker 3: I'm not putting it all on the team either. I think a chain of change would be at some point fine for all parties involved. Team quarterback, like, just get just get a different system, get some different juice, get just different.
Speaker 5: Different, different building. Peterson heat. I'm picking up from Jordan without her saying it. So that's interesting. I just think it's crazy that we all agree that Trevor Lawrence entering year what is this fifth year? Five is not top twelve to us, show me something. I mean he showed, he showed something. He's above the Dalton line, not on the island. He's in a special it is.
Speaker 3: Above the Dalton line.
Speaker 4: We like.
Speaker 3: There's no argument about that. The Dalphin line is like the safe little like raft zone for the like if you're.
Speaker 5: Off the Bermuda triangle, that's between the Dalton line and not on the island. So this weird zone where him and Kirk Cousins are hanging out.
Speaker 3: It's not a place where you disappear though. It's a it's a safe it's a safe area. It's like Redemtion House almost. You're you're not on the island, but you are ahead of the Dalton line. That's where we pull from together.
Speaker 5: Okay, Anthony Richardson is a no right now, just because we got to see it. The Raiders clearly don't. We're going to go to the AFC East and i AFC West to wrap up. The Raiders clearly don't have a quarterback, whether it's Minshew or O'Connell. You eliminated Justin Herbert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, working like the accusation, and I.
Speaker 5: Wasn't sure about that. Executive rookies and injuries.
Speaker 3: Wait for this to play out.
Speaker 2: I just I'm I'm mccauye's gonna have one hundred can I still.
Speaker 5: I think Caleb Williams deserves to be on this island.
Speaker 3: I think he and Justin Herbert will be on this island.
Speaker 5: You keep saying all these people will be on these Well they can't all be on the island.
Speaker 2: The island's an exclusive play. Some of these guys, some of these guys are.
Speaker 3: Gonna, you know, we will be removing people.
Speaker 5: Okay, Bo Nicks or Jared Stidham is not an option. So we're really just down in the Hollack Wilson, Yeah, that was going down. I'm kicking your Jack Wilson take on this show from four weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Off the island.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's can we can we punt it into space?
Speaker 2: Gone?
Speaker 5: So yeah, we got Mahomes and he's definitely going on, and you're right, I guess we only got to thirteen now. I just you know, the listeners are out there and they know that on my Geno's on my island, Caleb's on my island.
Speaker 6: Okay, So are we safe? Are we safe to make the argument that that that the slippery slope guys?
Speaker 2: Okay? So we only have to kick one guy off. You're golf Jordan Love.
Speaker 5: I don't think Jua yeah, or come.
Speaker 2: On, Bra can't be on the fence like that.
Speaker 5: I don't think Jordan Love is on the fence.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So because just the just the physical skill set. Also it's such a great name, too overwhelming. So Mahomes is on. We now have we now have thirteen guys on and I hate to do this for the first time in the history of QBA, and this will be the first time and the only time ever that we populated from scratch. From now on, they're hanging out there.
Speaker 2: They're having.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're having the night where they get to what do they say when you bring in your your wife conjugal visits? You know, like like in jail, they bring on the significant others come on to.
Speaker 3: The Quarterback Island is a wonderful place open to all.
Speaker 5: No I know, but you know it's like, but one guy has to get kicked out.
Speaker 2: So we're playing white lotus here.
Speaker 3: Everything's fine until it's super not okay.
Speaker 5: So Pretty, I'm gonna say, Pretty has to stay on. He's got anythings I think I think I'm saying. So it's down to Rogers too and Jared Goff. Can we agree?
Speaker 6: At least those are the three I would agree with that, And to me, I'm gonna go ahead and this Jared Goff of those guys, would be the guy I.
Speaker 2: Have to pull.
Speaker 5: Why is that.
Speaker 6: I'm not pulling to him? And I'm not I'm not pulling Aaron Rodgers. When you look at this list right now, he's the only well him and Mahomes is the first bout Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: But it's not about the Hall of Fame though, it's not about the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: About your you said it at the top of the show, what is it to be a quarterback? Right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Defined, Okay, okay, So let's let's let's let me throw this out there. If you're looking at our candidates on there, who is the most likely of these guys are not likely to not win an MVP or at least be in the MVP conversation this year? Well, and let's say with Jery Goff, two are Aaron Rodgers, Which one of those three is most likely to not be an MVP competition?
Speaker 2: It's m.
Speaker 5: I don't know, because I actually it's a tough question. I don't know if I have like an obvious things. I feel like we have to eliminate because remember Rodgers versus one of those guys makes sense. But someone we should decide between Tua and GoF who's safe because to me, they're kind of in the same category.
Speaker 6: I guess like Tua wasn't that conversation for like twelve weeks last year. Jared Goff was in it for like maybe one or two, And I mean, I'm just this is all this is last year solely and again like this is painful because I love Jared, But I mean, I'm just saying, I.
Speaker 5: Think we got to decide before we decide between the three, we have to decide between two and GoF who's safe because to me, they're those two are in the same category. You know this the system and kind of what they're ceiling has been really so I think we have to say one of those two is safe and then just decide between them and Rogers who is getting kicked off. I don't have a strong take. I lean towards Tua because if I was starting a team, I think I feel like I love watching Jared Goff spin the ball, and I actually think I would prefer to have Golf. I just feel a little more comfortable with Jared Goff than Toua. But I could be convinced.
Speaker 3: What do you think? I, oh, man, this is tough. The inventor of the game suddenly Sophie's choice. Oh my god. I gotta say, if if I'm building an offense, I would really want to build it the way the Lions have built their team. I love all the speed that Miami has. I I stand by my take. Look at Steve Space.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm listening.
Speaker 6: I'm interested. I no, no, I'm reading it. I'm reading Let's go.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: No, Here's how Jordan's thinking.
Speaker 6: Okay, twenty two Offenser, run too tight, two tailbacks, and they're gonna throw a go pattern to I'm already Saint Bron out of a run formation.
Speaker 2: That's how she's thinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so, but that literally is what my brain was doing. You're the best, Steve, Okay, so I am, And if it comes down to me over, I have to think about the durability factor. I love for Tua that he is healthy. I love for Tua that he came back from some horrible stuff mentally and physically. I love that for him. Jared Goff came back from some horribly mental stuff as well. Jared Goff has improved over time, particularly when he has been at the correct pace, with the team growing around him, with the OC, with the protection he is. I'm not punishing. I'm not gonna punish either of these guys for succeeding with the players around them and also everyone lifting each other in many many ways. Jared Goff with the durability, I think I got a lean toward Jared Goff's staying because of that durability.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, good argument. So I'm out.
Speaker 6: So two is off, but I'm I'm keeping Tua on because if Tua got to play thirteen games in domes, which Jared.
Speaker 2: Goff gets to do this, Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 5: Two is known for five thousand Okay, So I think we've determined, and I didn't feel that strong about this.
Speaker 3: I'd rather have two.
Speaker 5: I think you'd rather have to.
Speaker 3: Guys, let me do Greg's face, I said over time, I'd rather.
Speaker 2: Have who's on QB Island, Jordan.
Speaker 3: Jared I already said, Jared, Yeah, you guys have golf to to us on QB Island.
Speaker 5: What we've determined, Jared Goff is on QB Island. He's staying on QB Island to find out who does get thrown off the island. Come back. Right after the break, we are back on QB Island, and frankly, we had to get back quickly before Steve made any more politic thing and trading votes and feelings are getting hurt.
Speaker 2: Old called whipping votes man.
Speaker 5: And we've determined Jared Goff, I believe season the island, and it's down to Aaron into a tone of bylow and before. Yeah, we do determine who's getting kicked off and who gets to start the season on QB Island. This is going to be something we revisit often during the season. We're gonna talk on the show. I think Tuesdays would be a great day for it. Well maybe not every Tuesday, but pretty semi regularly. We'll revisit who deserves to come onto the island, who deserves to get kicked off the island. Will be our way of kind of talking about the quarterback position of.
Speaker 4: A question about QB Island. Yes, so we often. We're gonna windle this down at all, so there's gonna be less spots on. We can't have twelve the whole season, right, So.
Speaker 3: We can have twelve spots the whole season because we will be adding rookies at some point.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, like some point gets the playoffs, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a winner, like I do.
Speaker 5: Think you've hit upon possible twists that we can add during the season, and.
Speaker 2: At some point we need to. We're starting at twelve. That's fun willing down like the NCAA playoffs, I think.
Speaker 5: I don't think we're gonna win all to one or anything, but I do think it doesn't have to stay twelve forever. The key is we have to surprise Jordan and not tell.
Speaker 2: Her about it.
Speaker 4: Make it hard.
Speaker 3: I love how this is.
Speaker 2: Greg cannot wait till.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gregs we're expanding the list.
Speaker 5: H'll earn his spot. Aaron Rodgers to a tongue of Iloa. I guess only there's only room for one right now, and shout out to Jared Goff just for you know, making it. This is a nice career achievement through a lot. I don't have a hot take here because I wouldn't. I wasn't really in favor initially of either of these guys, making I had I had a couple people ahead of them. I had Caleb ahead of them, I had Gino ahead of them. I had Kirk case.
Speaker 3: I know I argued for this earlier. As we kept talking, though, I just kept going back to you know, Kirk's streakiness was the reason and the Achilles together were the reason why I did not put him on Quarterback Island, plus the age the Achilles. If I used it, I'm almost like, is it not fair if I used it for one to reason with one older quarterback, and they're not in the same category of talent. They're not Steve's got that face again. And if they're, I mean, they're not in the same caliber of talent Kirk and Aaron. But if I was going to argue in Achilles recovery and return for one, then it's almost like unfair for me.
Speaker 5: You won't even let poor Justin Herbert get on.
Speaker 3: I feel like, I like, I'm trying to create, like you know, rules for quarterback Island when it's going to devolve into pure nebulosity? Is that a Is that a word?
Speaker 5: Probably chaos and chaos. Steve Axe all nice, He is nice, but you know to him his to me, my Gino is his Tua. So he's just like sticking up well to me, is Rogers defines a position where if I had to choose, I'd probably keep Rogers. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean to me, I mean, if it's between those two, I'm keeping Aaron Rodgers. The guy's got how many MVPs got Super Bowl Championship And now I know you made the argue the durability argument against Tua. Well he's been healthier than Aaron Rodgers the past. Yeah, but at the same time, I would have Tua on instead of Jared Golf. But I can't put Tua ahead of Aaron Rodgers. I cannot do that.
Speaker 3: I think that's that's a well reasoned that's that's rational. I would probably I'd probably say I'll go with Steve on this, Aaron Rodgers over Tua.
Speaker 2: But again, oh, I thought we were getting Golf off the island.
Speaker 3: If you want to reopen it, we don't have time.
Speaker 2: This is the initial this is the initial twelve.
Speaker 5: Look, there's only three of us. We're the only voters. Who are you voting off the island? Tua Golf or Aaron Rodgers Golf.
Speaker 2: I already told you that, but I got I got voted down.
Speaker 5: I thought I had created an alliance that was unstoppable. You go first, Greg, Well, now I'm confused. I'm I'm voting too off.
Speaker 3: I'll vote too off. Good, But Tua will be back on. I guarantee it.
Speaker 6: He's got four people coming on so this list, So Kyler Murray is going to be on.
Speaker 3: Jordan I said, I'm excited for him to play his way. I don't think Rogers stays there the whole year.
Speaker 2: Okay, real quick, who who?
Speaker 5: I'm changing my vote. I'm going back to my list. I'm voting Rogers off out of those three. So now we're so now we're still maated, we're still MATD only.
Speaker 2: So let's go back to work. So we're now Tu and Rogers.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna flip flop like a freaking fish right now.
Speaker 2: Don't you do it? Don't you do?
Speaker 3: Vote Rogers off? It can come on?
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, I'm.
Speaker 5: I on Survivor. I don't know how to play this game.
Speaker 2: What's okay? Real quick?
Speaker 3: I kind of lost the plot, like.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what's going on, like the borderline people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, could work their way back on Kyler, Murray, kirk Cousins, Trevor, Lawrence, Rogers, Rogers. Who's gonna be the first one to work on?
Speaker 3: Between Rogers and Kyler? M okay, we're putting them in the in the safe raft.
Speaker 2: What about with kirk Cousins in there too.
Speaker 5: I think Caleb's gonna have a chance. I think Gino's gonna have a chance. It's almost harder to get on the island to start with, then it will be to kick off, because it's gonna be hard one once we get there to.
Speaker 2: I think Kirk Cousins will be on.
Speaker 5: There's a big moment for.
Speaker 2: I think Kirk Cousins, he's got a better team than those other guys. What Gino's got a good team?
Speaker 5: What a first episode of Q. Do you feel satisfied? I know we got a little confused there at the end.
Speaker 3: I feel scared.
Speaker 2: George did not.
Speaker 6: Right now, she's thinking about like twenty to personnel. She's thinking about everything going on. She's knots right now.
Speaker 5: The final list of the players.
Speaker 3: Turns out Quarterback Island is my personal.
Speaker 5: Health on Quarterback Island. Dak Prescott, Jalen Hurts, Jared Goff, Jordan Love, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purty, Josh Allen, to a tongue of Iloa, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, c J. Stroud, and Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's a hell of a list. That's a freaking good list.
Speaker 5: It's a hell of a list that we're leaving Justin Herbert and Aaron Rodgers off. But I'm looking forward to discussing her.
Speaker 3: Quarterback not on it because he has an injury, Greg and it's sending people after me.
Speaker 5: It's not a ranking Jordan want to be sure this is not a ranking. We're not ranking them. She doesn't like rankings, but this was a fun other way. I appreciate you guys for being here in the Chris Westling Podcast studio got a message from one of Chris's great friends, Rosie Laney today. It was fourteen years ago today. She had put on her Facebook congratulating Chris Westling for getting a promotion at Rootal World, which I remember he was elevated to senior editor and their Dynasty Football experts I Chris. She sent that right before we came into the Chris Wes Podcast. So just thinking of Chris Westling today and thinking about Quarterback Island. It's a lot like Tybee Island got hakapoos. Yes, yes to Quarterback Island. We will see you next time on NFL Down