Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Hey, I gave my name is Debts, Debts.
Speaker 2: You gave your name as Debts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to the to the phone program.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, what's up, Debts? Uh?
Speaker 1: Not too much. I'm packing up for a Lego convention right now.
Speaker 2: A what convention?
Speaker 1: A lego convention?
Speaker 2: What the fuck is? Where? Where? Where is this lego convention?
Speaker 1: It's in Virginia. It's in Chantilly, Virginia. It's called the Brick Fair Chantilly.
Speaker 2: Is it at the dol Is it at the Dola Dulles Convention Center?
Speaker 1: It sure is that the one.
Speaker 2: Fuck Yeah, I used to go there for a Smash Brothers convention. Okay, what happens at a Lego convention? What's going on over there?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, the the way that the ones work that I've been to is that it's it's a several day convention, and one or more days are the public day where just anyone can buy a ticket and come in and look at the stuff. But the rest of the time is, you know, the adult, mostly adult Lego fans come, They set up their creations, they look at it, they ask questions to each other about it, and then there's activities. There's speakers. The one I'm going to, there's one twenty one plus night where you're allowed to drink on the floor and people get real into that.
Speaker 2: Ooh, that sounds very salacious. Twenty one plus Lego night, we got more. Yeah, there's definitely gonna be more things fitting into each other than just Legos that night. I'm all right, well, come on, I've come on.
Speaker 4: I've been to.
Speaker 1: Ones where there's area.
Speaker 2: Sorry, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I've been to ones where there's a blocked off area specifically for the creations that are are a little too racy for the public to see on the public the public days.
Speaker 2: Well, how could you Well, you know, the Lego figure hand was perfectly designed for jacking people off.
Speaker 1: I know, I've seen comics about that too.
Speaker 2: It's perfectly phallic. If I had a honestly, if I had, if I could take a shrink ray and make my penis like the size of a little Lego peg, I would definitely fuck like a little Lego hand.
Speaker 1: Man. When I was in I was in like middle school, when I first got like internet access, I started getting I was on a bionical forum. I mean, I still am. I'm meeting up with a bunch of the guys from that forum at this convention.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: But when I was in middle school and just starting to explore that and realizing that I could like send my creations out with people from that forum to be displayed. H and first of all my parents being like, you can't just you're just gonna send your lego to people who are just gonna take it. But then also exploring the adult lego community online and like when there's when there's one like racy lego comic or someone builds something fallacious out of Lego, like the fear of uh oh, my parents are going to see this on the Internet history and just shut it all down.
Speaker 2: What what Let me ask you this, what kind of like are do people want to fuck legos?
Speaker 1: Not not really no, but you know people do build sexy anime girls out of Lego.
Speaker 2: But how do you build a sexyan Like, oh, like you make a okay when you like they make a sexy anime girl figure out of Lego, but they don't make like It's that like rule thirty four with the Because I'm thinking about the Lego people, not the people that you make out of the break because I'm talking about like the Lego the Yellow Lego people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like people want it. Not my scene, but I mean the Lego Princess Leigh I'm sure was somebody's awakening.
Speaker 2: Because I guess you can like draw because most of that stuff is not that there's no form, it's all textures. So like if you want to draw, like if you want to give a Lego figure big breasts, it's just like two D drawn on top of a standard cyling troll cylinder ish Torso.
Speaker 1: Well, when was the last time you looked at like a licensed Lego minifigure of a woman from a TV TV show or whatever.
Speaker 2: I'll do it right now. Look at I'll look at Lego porn right now. I have a computer. Hold on, no, just like.
Speaker 1: The Lego figures that come out in Star Wars or whatever, because it's actually.
Speaker 5: On it.
Speaker 2: Uh oh look at this. Okay, I gotta go whoa wait, this is crazy? Oh oh wait, yo, look guess what? Oh okay, all right, folks, I gotta shout out. I gotta shout out. I gotta shout out. Pornhub dot com slash h wood Rocket they made a they made this porn parody. It's called the lay Go Movie Porn parody. That's a little that's a reach. Don't you think they should call it the late like lay you know, like sex Lego the Lego movie and look at this there. So it's actually I like the way they did it. So the actor they start out, Okay, so you got this guy and he's starting out and it's this is a human being and he's wearing yellow face paint, and he's wearing a big boxy Lego head thing and he's dressed like what's his name?
Speaker 1: Wait, these are people in cobs play.
Speaker 2: Well, oh yeah, this would be a constant. But then okay, but then when they have sex, they're taking oh wait, look at this. Okay, all right, So if you go to porn Hub and you go to the lay Go movie at four fourteen, there's there's they have like a human being that's taking the Lego figures and mashing them together and making them fuck, and then this is actually creative. It's so they're making them fuck, and then cuts to okay, now the real people are having sex, and they're still they're not wearing the bodies anymore, but they're wearing the Lego heads and the Lego their whole bodies are painted yellow, and they're having sex with a condom and they're wearing these big yellow things on and they're fully painted. Yeah, they're fully painted and yellow. Even the condom is yellow when painted. Or nipples. Yeah, I think this guy painted his dick yellow either is that the condom or is that the dick? You're not you're not also on here, right, You're just you're waiting for me to stop talking about this.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, give me a little give me look may look at let them look at the end credits. Guess how many people it took to make this? One? Two three, four five written by what do you means who? Someone wrote this? This took at least ten people to make.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 2: Had a production manager, production manager George Glass, cinematographer Chad Lee, somebody this set took a lot of people to make this, had a sound mixer.
Speaker 1: How many of those names are the same?
Speaker 6: Repeated I? I.
Speaker 2: That's just a good question. Oh wait, where does he come? What the fuck? Why? What does hold on? Oh? Oh okay, that's actually that's kind of cute. Okay, so he comes? Okay, So it shows a close up of the guy's face and he's making like an ejaculation face, and then it shows him like and then it has like little you know, the little lega what you know what these are called the little they're like little caps, you know, like little Lego caps.
Speaker 1: Little caps. Are you talking about the ironically named uh studs?
Speaker 2: Like just yes, yes, yes, yeah, the ship that you would collect in like the Lego Star Wars games.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they have a close up of him and he's coming and then you you can't see his dick, but they have like a bunch of white studs that are like being shot up in the air as if he's like coming Lego. And then it cuts to the lady's back and it's just like from off camera, like they're throwing yet white studs on the lady's back and she just has like all this like all these like white studs laying on her that I guess are supposed to be like Lego. Come. Okay, let's see how many of these names are Okay, a few of these names are, yeah, but a lot of them aren't. Okay, Donnie Rock, that's a real person. No, I mean that's yeah, that hasn't been Lee Roy Myers. Did he did he direct it to.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think these are a lot of individuals that made this. I think this took at least ten individual people to make. Are you still there?
Speaker 1: I am still here. No, actually into it to have access to enough of the white studs to do that, not just as a gas.
Speaker 2: So what's your favorite set? Before we go? What's your favorite Lego set?
Speaker 1: Oh man? It's a bionical Terracava. It's one of the Beast sets from two thousand and one, and it comes with two wizards that they're back legs are treads and they can punch each other like rock and sock and robots and knock each other's masks off. I remade the set a while ago, and it's one of the things I'm bringing to this convention.
Speaker 2: Actually, that's awesome. That's sick. Yeah, it's like that seems like a good way to meet people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: What's your Do you have a dream set? I know that. I know they're expensive. I know that, like they kind of get up there. Do you have a dream one that you hope to get one day?
Speaker 1: Oh man? So it was just anything the Legend of Zelda. But they came out with the Lego Decu tree and you can either build it to be from Operno time or yeah, it's Operato time or Breath of the Wild. There there's like a bifurcation in the instructions. You go one way or the other, and it comes with the minifigures for Breath of the Wild Zelda Breath of the Wild link and Young and Adult link from Operative time. So that way, like, that's what I wanted, and.
Speaker 2: It was that's actually really sick. But that's really sick. Hold on, hold on, Lego Dekou tree. Oh oh, this is like a license and shit, oh this is like, bro, this is three hundred dollars. That's crazy. I see why this is three hundred dollars. This is probably like one of their like big dick exclusive ones.
Speaker 1: Well, it actually feels pretty small for three hundred dollars, And part of that's because of the license bumping up the price, and then part of it is because so many of the parts only get used for one or the other decu trees, So you end up with this bag of leftover parts that you paid for but you can't display.
Speaker 2: There's so much Zelda porn. Wait, dude, hold on, the get the fucking the same people who made the lay go movie parody. Would Rocket also made a Legend of Zelda one. They call it the Legend of Zildo. I don't like their names. They're reaches because that's like, what, that's like a hold on? Why is it not? It's not coming up the legend of Zildo because that's like, I don't know, it's a reach. I guess it's supposed to be is a dildo, But why should there be a dildo in there? Wouldn't they just be two people having sex? What's your name?
Speaker 1: Anything can be a Zelda game name. Just do the like of Zelda Colon and then put whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if yeah, if I were, if I were, if I were the CEO of woold, what's the name of this company? Wood Hunters or some ship? If I were the CEO wood Rocket, if I was the CEO of wood Rocket, I would just call it the legend of Zelda Colon sex. What's your name again?
Speaker 1: Debts?
Speaker 2: Debts. I hope you have a good time at this Tornent tournament. I hope you have a good time at this convention. It sounds like it's gonna be a fun time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I will. I think after doing it for a few years. The Uh, it takes less and less energy to have a good time and you can relax and you know, be around people doing you know, one of your favorite things.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that. That's his anything else you gonna say? The people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 1: Uh read Land of the Lustrous. The manga, uh, underrated manga. I mean watch the anime, but the manga gets way better after the anime drops.
Speaker 2: Rock and roll. Thank you very much, good luck at you. I have a fun time at your at your convention.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I will.
Speaker 2: By that's it did sound fun going to uh going to a Lego convention. Dude, you guys really honestly, you really I need you. Guys gotta go on porn Hub and look at the Lego movie because it's a bizarre thing. Here's what I want to say is it's like it's clearly supposed to be funny, but also like I don't. I don't because people must be jacking off to it. What's the point Because it's supposed to be like funny, but it's also supposed to be like horny, So who's the target demographic? Also, I think this video has a million views. Let me look it up. Let me look at it again. Yeah, this has one point one million views. A lot of people have watched this, and how many of them? How many of these views are views of people being like, oh this is funny lol, or like actually, or like jacking off to it? I LEO, convention does sound fun. Maybe I'll maybe I'll do something like that. I don't know. Hello, Hi, Hi, what's your name? My name's Barney, Barney.
Speaker 6: What up?
Speaker 2: Barney has life?
Speaker 4: It's going good man. I just got off work. I had a pretty nice day.
Speaker 2: Yeah you sound like you had a pretty nice day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going great.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: My son's at the doctor right now, is two year check up, so a little said that he's not home yet, but excited to see him later.
Speaker 2: You have a son, Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah you're parent. Two July seventeenth.
Speaker 2: How's having a son?
Speaker 4: It's pretty cool, man. I mean I think it's like, you know, it's like the ultimate experience as a human is just like being a parent, you know, experiencing them and like teaching them everything.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: You know, it's cool.
Speaker 2: I don't have I don't have kids, but I imagine that that's when you become an actual adult. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I I'm only twenty, you know, so you're.
Speaker 2: Only twenty Yeah, Oh my goodness. Okay, I'm glad. Okay honestly because when you said you were having because when you said you had kids, I was like, this guy is probably like in his thirties, but I am imagining him wearing a Monster Energy shirt and a DC snap back and it doesn't really fit well with what my image was of you. But now I'm thinking you still could be wearing those clothes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'm not wearing them right now, but I do. SKay, And so that's kind of the fast Okay, they're in the wardrobe. Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Damn man, what's up with the wife girlfriend, baby mama? What's what's going on?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, I refer to her as my wife, but we're not married yet due to like you know, financial reasons and like legal reasons, so it's just not the right time for that yet.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: By I love that. By the way, why the fuck not? It's all of it. It's all made up. It's all completely made up. It Why you can start, You can start as long as she agrees, like any you can start calling a woman you're in a relationship with your wife. As long as she also agrees to be your wife, it can be that easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really is. I mean there's no reason to go and spend a bunch of money. I mean there'll be a time where we'll be able to do that, but just not right now.
Speaker 2: Right, but for all intensive purposes, she might as well be your wife.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean what what what did it mean? What did it mean for somebody to be your wife?
Speaker 6: In like the.
Speaker 2: When did monogamy really get going? Do we know the answer to that?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 6: Like in.
Speaker 4: I have no idea, but I would assume that it's like a pretty early thing, you know, because I feel like parenting the child and stuff like. Typically both parties would be involved for that, even back in like the Hunter Gathered Days.
Speaker 2: With the Hunter Gathered Days, monog I wish we had a Yeah, a lot of a lot of podcasts they have, like a guy at the computer, Well, I guess that's me. I'm at the computer. All right. Let me let me look at this all right? What we're hunter gatherer tribes monogamous or hunter gather Okay, Hunter gatherer societies generally practiced a form of monogamy, but with significant variations and accepts and exceptions. Okay, so they were swingers long well, well, no, it's it's just a joke.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: While long term pair bonds were common and socially recognized as marriages, polygamy particularly polygony okay, okay, poly okay. Polygamy is it's a free for all. Polygony is when just the guy gets to have multiple.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes sense. Back in the day, you know, the warlord or whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, apparently, okay, monogamy was the primary form. There was a little bit of men having multiple wives. I'll get this. If you were a successful hunter, or you had higher social status, you had more wives. Yeah, okay, that's that. That tracks. Wait what is it? What does this say?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Unlike some primates, hunter gatherers didn't have consistent sex specific dispersal patterns at maturity, meaning the sex that leaves the natal group varied across different societies. What the fuck does that mean?
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I asked if you would have any idea if I would have? Yeah, Okay, well that's enough googling. Let's get off the computer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the computer's bed for your brain.
Speaker 2: How long have you been with your wife?
Speaker 4: We've been together for We were together for like about a year before my son was born, for like like three years.
Speaker 2: Was it an accident or was it planned?
Speaker 4: Well, so, the interesting thing is it was like kind of both. You could say you had.
Speaker 2: Unprotected sex and when if it happens, it happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much, because at the time we were kind of you know, we were doing a lot of drugs and whatnot, and you know, we kind of thought that was a good idea. We were like, let's just have a kid. Fuck it, we'll be parents and probably make us stop doing drugs, which it did. It worked.
Speaker 2: Not my favorite sobriety plan, but if it works, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I probably wouldn't recommend it. It's not easy, but works for us.
Speaker 2: How long has it been. How long have you guys been sober?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: She pretty much. I mean yeah, it's kind of crazy because we both had been doing drugs since we're like, you know, middle school age and stuff, and then when she got pregnant, she just quit everything cold turkey pretty much, and it was pretty impressive. It took me a little longer to wean off but yeah, pretty much, ever since she was pregnant with them, we've been.
Speaker 2: Sober, pretty good, pretty good. Uh Man, you're twenty. What do you guys do for work?
Speaker 4: So I'm like a maintenance guys, So I like work in an apartment complex and I just go around and like flip apartments and fix people's ship. And then my wife she works at the daycare that our son goes to, so we get a nice discount there. She makes pretty good money teaching over there, the lead teacher.
Speaker 2: That's nice. Should we uh not not should do? Is our our parents helping out or are either of your parents helping out with stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah? My mom will buy me groceries every once in a while, and then my dad will help out if we ever need help with bills, which right now we've been doing pretty good. But it's nice to have that support. And most of all, it's just like the babysitting support. You know, I'm really grateful for that because we still kind of get the chance to go hang out with our friends and stuff and we're not having to, like, you know, pay for a babysitter or anything.
Speaker 2: Man, do you have what what?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: How old is your wife? Same age twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's the same age. She's turning twenty one next month.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Well, you know, let me ask you this. Let me ask you this. Did you call in today to want to talk about something specific? Like is anything going on in your life? I guess that's new.
Speaker 4: I mean kind of because I know you've talked about it on here before. That you go to like a Smash Bros. Tournament.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I don't know why. Just that wasn't the That wasn't the direction I thought this was going.
Speaker 3: To go in.
Speaker 4: But go on, Yeah, but yeah, I don't play Smash Bros. But I play another fighting game. And I was really hyped till I go to this tournament this one time and I went There's like a monthly tournament in my town, and so I went there and played this. It's Dragonball Fighters, the pretty firefighting game. I'd recommend it. But I pulled up to do the tournament and it was pretty cool. But like, I don't know, I'm just a pretty like socially awkward guy and it was just weird. And I haven't gone back since, and it was like a few months ago.
Speaker 2: See the superpower of going to a video game tournament as a socially awkward, guy, is that like you've developed I assume like you went to high school and you have you have friends, and what you developed social awkwardness at like a regular like an normal baseline, you know what I'm saying. So when you go to like a video game tournament, you have to understand that your social awkwardness, like your level of social awkwardness is above the baseline level of social awkwardness at this event.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess that's a fair point.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. So, like I mean, you can go, you can go up to anyone and start talking to them at this tournament, and if if they're being weird, that's on them, you know what I mean. Your when you when you go to what I believe this, By the way, I fully believe this, And this is I'm not just trying to be whatever about like video game tournaments. I love going to video game tournaments, and there's actually are there are a lot of really cool people that uh hang out in the Smash Bros. Scene that I've met. Any social event Smash Bros Tournament, a party, uh, you know, a bar, some some settings, not all of our settings, but some bar settings, you know, But specifically at clubs or whatever. In any of it, you know, if you go out of your way to make conversation with someone, you are abiding in good faith to the social contract. Okay, you're not breaking any for saying interacting with a person in and of itself is lawfully abiding by social contract. Okay, it because it's only if only if, like, you're talking to someone there and they're making it pretty abundantly clear that they don't want to talk to you, then you start to break the social contract if you continue to talk to them. But a lot of people do that because they they aren't aware of the cues that somebody doesn't want to keep talking to them. But you know, generally, I think if you're lawfully abid it, you're just you're not being a dick. You know, if somebody is being cold to you at a fucking thing where people go, sure to play video games, sure to knit, sure to whatever the fucking thing underneath everything is. But really, people go places to meet other people. I think, I assume, so you're playing the rules of the game here, So if someone gives you the cold shoulder, that's on them. Fuck. I want to say, damn it, I don't know if I told this. I don't know if I talked about this on the podcast before. Maybe I did. Stop me, do you listen to this podcast or did.
Speaker 4: You find all the time at work? I'll let you know if I've heard.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me know.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me know if I've talk because I feel like I've repeated myself a lot on here anyway, but I'm okay, do you okay? Do you remember I did an episode in the park where, uh, this woman invited me to like a party afterwards afterwards? Yeah, yeah, so I went. I went to this party. Shout out, shout out, shout out, Rachel. Rachel's cool. But she invited me to this.
Speaker 3: Thing.
Speaker 2: And she invited me this thing at this guy's house, and I show up and she's not. At first, she's not there, which is funny. She's not there. And then but there was like, I'm just like in some guy's house and there's four people sitting at a table and I'm just in this guy's house and nobody knows who I am.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 2: I start talking to one of the guys and I'm like, hey, man, what's your name? And I don't remember his actual name, but he goes like on Brian, and I'm like, okay, uh what uh, how's how's your how's your day going? What's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: How's life? And he's like us, you know, it's all right. And then I'm and then I'm like, oh what do you what do you do around the city? And he goes, oh, I I'm a hairstylist. And I'm like okay, and now okay, and so and and and then in that moment, right, okay, and that that's a key That's a crucial moment for me in that evening because in that moment, I am in a stranger's house that that I was invited to by a different stranger. I really shouldn't be there, and that and and and that interaction with that hairstylist guy is a clear for like, I didn't want to talk to me. And that's but if and here's the thing, if I had interpreted him not wanting to talk to me as I should not talk to anyone. I'm I'm a freak. Why would anyone want to talk to me? Of course, this guy I doesn't want to talk to me. You know, why would anyone want to talk to me? I suck? I'm a freak, I'm weird. Nobody this is I shouldn't be here, you know. I would have gone home and that would have been the end of my evening. But I stuck around for a little bit, and then more people started coming to the event. Okay, and then I went up to this one lady at the event and I was like, Hey, what's up. How's your Shabbat going? And she was like, oh, it's going good. How about you? What's how's how are you doing? And I'm like, all right, here we go see, you know, and then we had a conversation. I started talking to other people. It was good, it was fun. I had a fun evening. I met people as a fun party. It was a great time. But if but if in that one moment where it was a little bit weird and I there was the one person I mustered up the courage to talk to, I was rebuffed by if in that one moment I had been like, designed that I am a weirdo and I shouldn't be here, I would have never tried again. And then met somebody who is who and then met another person who is like, oh yes, I also came to this social event to socialize, you know, they're out there. But but yeah, so everything most of you have to just remember and understand that so many of the interaction this is the part I think I've talked about on the fucking show a bunch of all the time. But like, so many of the interactions that you have have nothing to do with you at all. Yeah, so yeah, next time I've talked about I feel like I've talked about this. We talked to the anime guy. I think that was mainly when I talked to Yeah, I don't you remember that guy you wanted to go to an anime convention? But he was yeah, And it's like, yeah, I said, I fucking said that to that guy, Like, yeah, you know you're gonna go to this anime invention. If the first person you talked to is kind of cold to you, you can't let that stop you from, you know, putting yourself out there because uh, you know, you might who knows when. And also I try, I know by the way I'm I'm I'm gonna throw myself out here in a way that I try not to, you know, within the best of my abilities. Sometimes maybe I'm like, uh, my brain has many you know I have I'm crazy and my brain has short circuits a lot. But I try. I try, really, I do try. Like I try to be mindful. Like if I'm in a social situation, if I'm at a party or an event or a tournament or a meeting or something, and I see somebody and somebody start talking to me, and I'm like, Oh, I'm the guy that they this. I'm like the first person that this guy has mosted up the courage to talk to it.
Speaker 6: This thing.
Speaker 2: I'll try. It's really important to me that I I want to reward or that, you know, because if I see it from that end, I think that's an important thing to do too, is to be mindful. If you're at a thing, if somebody's coming to you with the energy of like, hey, what's that man, what's your name, to be like, Hey, I'm Loyle, what's your name? How are you doing? What's up? You know, try to make people feel welcome. You know, if I'm if I'm in a if I'm talking to a circle, if I'm talking to like a circle of people, I'll try to look at everyone in the circle, you know, make eye contact with it, because you know, we've all been there, we've all been in a circle of people and everyone's talking, and you'd notice that nobody's who's talking is looking at you, and you're like, oh, I'm not I don't even am I. I don't even know if I'm a part of this circle right now, you know, So try to do that. I'm trying to think I had some experience recently that was reflective of this, but oh yeah, well no, this wasn't recent. This is an old story.
Speaker 3: I was. I was.
Speaker 2: I was in uh I. I was in uh Rome. I got to study abroad there, which was nice, and uh I was didd I was with like some one of some of the other kids from the program, and we were like eating. We were like standing outside of a pizza place, just like at like a standing table, and this random Polish girl who was probably around our age, we were a little older, just walks up to the table with her pizza and she goes, I'm here alone and I don't have anyone else to eat with, so I'm gonna eat with you guys. And I was like, I remember, I remember being like, whoa, that's fucking wild, that's wild. I respected that so much. I was really like, oh my god, what a what a fucking swing. I gotta uh, I wanted I gotta reward that swing. I think the other one of the whoever, the other kid I was with, was more like, oh, that's a little fucking weird. But I was like, no, that's a that's a this person's gonna be fine for the rest of their lives. You know, this person's gonna have a great rest of their life. That's such a fearless thing to do. We had a nice conversation, and you know, we I ate with them, and that was good. I was that I only met that woman once, but she continues to inspire me for the rest of my life. That was when I was like twenty I'm twenty seven. I still remember that I had. That's something similar happened.
Speaker 6: I was the.
Speaker 2: I was like eating alone. What this is when I was like doing comedy in Philadelphia. I was eating alone at this like burrito place, and there were no seats left except the one across from me and this guy he's older than me, and he was like, there's nowhere else to sit, so I'm gonna sit with you, and then uh, he just we just start talking and again he that harkened me back to the girl in Rome. I was like, this is a confident move and he he was like, what are you doing. I was like, oh, I was doing comedy and he was like, tell me a joke. And I was like, no, that's not really how it works, you know. And then it was like but he was just so confident. I felt like a jerk, because if you tell a comedian to tell to tell you a joke, you're kind of being a jerk. But I was the jerk for not so I just tell him joke. And I told him a joke and he was like, that's not very funny, and it made me, like, it made me laugh a lot. I was like, who is this guy? I want to be? I want I want to sprinkle of what this guy has. This is really good. Yeah, but yeah, throughout I just throughout my life, I've learned a little tricks too. Occasionally, like I'll be at a little some social function or some thing, and if I'm in the right headspace, I will like go up to a group and be like, again, if I'm in the like, if I'm if I'm like depressed and anxious and weird, I wouldn't I won't ever do this. But if I'm like if I got a little bit, if I get a little bit of caffeine and it's just been a good day and I'm i self esteem is coursing through my veins. You can I'll just go up to a group and I'll be like, hey, can I join this conversation? You know, it depends on what it is. Like, if it's like a bar, I wouldn't. I won't do that because that's you know what it could be a group that came out in and of themselves to have a good time with each other. I don't want to disrupt the sanctity of that. But if it's but if I go to something, but if I go to like a I don't know, I go to all these weird things around New York, Yeah, where it's like come meet now. Well, like if it's if it's a thing where like the point of the thing is to meet new people, then it's very easy for me to go up and be like, hey, you guys all doing But yeah, that's why it's it's best to go to places like that where the point of the context is important, right. I would never go up like because you know, the bar is different from the place where if I'm at an event where the point of the event is to talk to people, then I'm you know, I have the benefit of the doubt when I attempt to have a conversation with someone. So anyway, that was a long rant.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 2: I believe at your dragon ball Z I believe at your dragon ball Z tournaments you have the benefit of the doubt when having a conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the odds are probably stacked in my favorite.
Speaker 2: Odds just ACKed in your favor. Yeah, just keep going to places where odds are stacked in your favor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good idea, Thank you, GAK.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's weird. Some places are someplaces odds are clear, Like like like if I see sometimes I'll be at like the the park and I'll see someone I want to talk to, and I like have a fantasy in my head. I'm like, what if I went over and talked to that person? And then I'll be like, yeah, but the context of the that's too iffy of a context, you know, because who knows this, Yeah, they might just want to be alone. But if it's like at some fucking a bar, is a bar is a weird in between context because one can reasonably expect that one goes out to bars to meet people. One could also reasonably expect one goes out to bars to just be hanging out with their friends. That's a little like that. Context takes a little bit more courage. But if it's a thing where everyone has a fucking name tag on, that's easy.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: What's your name again? I wish I could put name tags on the callers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'd be pretty sweet, if there's a way to do that.
Speaker 2: Of my name is Barney, Barney, Barney, you have you have a two year old son? That's insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that. I mean that sincerely. I don't mean that in a uh you know away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Someone called into shout out, Shout out Stavros Halkius. I'm a big fan of his podcast. I listened. I listened to it to sleep and uh. He had a caller on once who talked about like having a kid when he was eighteen, and he brought up he was like, yo, when you're thirty six, because like if I like, if I have a kid when I'm like I'm twenty seven, if I have a kid when I'm thirty six, I'm gonna just be getting started with all of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, but by the time you're thirty six, you'll be I mean, you're never done, but you know what I mean, you're you'll be done ish.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's pretty that's pretty cool. That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is pretty cool that it works out like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were, there were there. I think there are a lot of advantages to you know, they're they're not talked about as much as the disadvantages and the hardships of it, But there are advantages I think to being a younger parent in that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I see all the bright side of it, you know, I like to look at it with the positive perspective.
Speaker 2: Well, but do you say your name is Brian.
Speaker 4: It's Barney, Barney like the Dinosaur.
Speaker 2: Thanks for letting me talk to myself and you for yeah, I minutes, Sparney. I appreciate it. I did have one Oh yeah, go ahead, please.
Speaker 4: One more thing? On the recent podcast, man, why were you so weird about the hand guy? I thought it was cool.
Speaker 2: It was a little hold on, it was a little bizarre.
Speaker 4: It is bizarre, but I thought it was cool.
Speaker 2: Were you the one that do you make a comment on Spotify or something.
Speaker 4: Perhaps I did make a comment that yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Was okay because I did. If that wasn't you, I was gonna be like, why are multiple people saying this?
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, I'm probably just the one weird guy that thought the hand thing was cool.
Speaker 2: I thought, I really want to know. I wanted to talk to the hand guy, but he didn't want to like sit down and fully talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just trying to get his hand picks and get.
Speaker 2: Out of there, and he can have if he wants to. Honest honestly, listen, if that guy wants to take a picture of my hand and jerk off to it, it really hurts me in zero wait shape or for him.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's jerking off. Man, I did not get them.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We'll never We'll never know. I mean, maybe i'll see him at the park again. Who knows. Maybe he's the hand park guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe maybe he prowls there for hand picks often.
Speaker 2: Barney, good luck and I will see you around the universe.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I will see you around the universe while have a good day.
Speaker 2: Man you too. Bye Barney.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah, talking to people's the whole thing. It's something I'd like to be good at. It's way easier to do it on a podcast. I think, I'm I think I'm pretty good at it, not on a podcast, but it's way easier to do on a podcast. And it's all it's it's not about confidence. It's about context, or I guess it is about confidence, And the amount of confidence I have is based on the context, right, you know, like if I'm in the gecko suit and I'm chatting with somebody, I have more confidence in that context because I'm you know, there's a reason for me to be talking to this person. If I just go up to somebody randomly at the park, if I were just starting to ran, If I just went up to somebody randomly at the park and just started being like, Hey, can you tell me about your life, that'd be a weird that would feel uncomfortable. But I but if I'm ware, But if I set up a bunch of cameras and I if I set up a camera and I wear a gecko suit and a person comes over to me and we engage in this thing to make this podcast, then the context is completely different, even if the actual conversation is the same. Boogers, Hello, Lyle, Hi, what's your name, sir?
Speaker 6: My name is CJ.
Speaker 2: CJ. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Man? Man, so much is going on. I'm glad you answered. I feel like I'm just stuck at this point in my life and I don't know I could I could use some advice on maybe what to do or to know maybe I'm going in the right direction or I don't know, man, I just feel really stuck in the sense of hopelessness.
Speaker 2: I can ponder this with you. I can ponder this with you. What do you feel stuck about?
Speaker 6: My job? So right now, I do like hard labor, and you I make decent money. It's nothing incredible. It's not like I rolling in the dough or anything. You know, I have three kids and a wife, and you know, we have all all of the the bills that go with that, and right man, I just I wake up and I just hate like just waking up and knowing I'm going to go spend all day in the heat. It's just absolutely miserable. And it just sucks because you know, they've promised me so much there and because I can do other stuff you know, like I've built them a website and you know, all the stuff, and you know, they promised me, oh, you know, we could do like a hybrid schedule with you where you can work in the office and you can you know, do your regular job, and all the promises have just gone to shit. So now I'm just stuck doing my regular job and I'm going to school. But like, I want to start my own business because I'm I'm so sick of feeling like this. I'm so miserable. And my wife works opposite shift, so like today, you know, I worked all day just to come home and see her for thirty minutes and she's been gone for an hour now, and I don't know that that is how I feel stuck. I just feel like we're in this cycle just repeating itself over and over and over, and it's like, hmmm, we can't ever get ahead financially, you know. I'm you know, we could pay our bills on time and stuff, but it's not like we have a bunch of money left over.
Speaker 2: Howl. How old are kids?
Speaker 5: Four?
Speaker 6: Two and five months?
Speaker 2: Shit?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 6: I turned twenty nine in June.
Speaker 2: Man, Well, here's I'll look I'm gonna tell you something real quick. What's your name again, CJ?
Speaker 6: C J.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you something real quick off the bat. Your life situation is very different from mine because you have three kids. So I'm not qualified to give you advice in any way, shape or form. But we can talk. I'm curious, I have questions, I have maybe thoughts, but yeah, I'm not qualified to advise about this in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You said that your promises were not fulfilled like this company? Yeah, yeah, talking with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, like over the winter, it gets a little slower because like I work outside, but we do like snowplowing stuff.
Speaker 2: But you know, they're like, and you're going to and you're going to school, all right, So I'm gonna just I'll just cut to the chase on that one, and I'm gonna say, look, this company is telling you things and they're not keeping their promises, and there ain't a lot you can do about that, right, So what what what are you going to school for?
Speaker 6: I'm going to school for marketing.
Speaker 2: You're going to school for marketing. You said you're going to school and you want to start a business.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to start a marketing company. I have a lot of experience. Me and my wife lived in the Denver area, and I started and founded our own little cleaning company, and you know, I did all the marketing, and you know, I grew it within a year where we had two employees. You know, I was doing all the payroll, just you know, every single thing within a business.
Speaker 4: I was doing.
Speaker 2: What happened to the company, And.
Speaker 6: Well, we moved and it was during COVID, so it kind of we moved and the business was kind of slowing down because of COVID, and so I just I just shut it down and we moved back to where where we were from.
Speaker 2: So where where are you from? Where are you from from?
Speaker 6: Utah?
Speaker 2: Okay? Which place is cheaper to live in?
Speaker 6: I would say Utah. In Denver, we were paying the same price what we're paying right now, which is like twenty two hundred in Denver, though it was a one bed, one bath, like eight hundred square feet, and here in Utah, twenty two hundred is getting us a three bed, two bath and it's about sixteen hundred square feet.
Speaker 2: So I really Utah, I really feel like I'm on the Dave Ramsey Show right now. I don't know how my show ended up accidentally becoming like Dave Ramsey Show, except instead of an old Christian man, it's just a just some dumb guy. It doesn't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 6: But I.
Speaker 2: Okay, man, So I got well, I'm curious about this. Why are you, like, are you going into debt to go to school?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I am hold on?
Speaker 2: Why the all right? All right? Why the fuck are you doing that?
Speaker 6: Because I feel, like I said, I feel stuck. So like I've been doing you know, hard labor and construction like all my life, you know, right right.
Speaker 2: Sorry started to interrupt you, but I get the notion of you're doing because you feel stuck. You're trying to extend outside of your routine into something greater. I think that's awesome. I think that's great, right, But to me to go get a degree in marketing to like what to like, are you getting a degree in marketing to start your own business or to like get a job or.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I just kind of both, Like I would want a degree to start a business so someone knows that I'm credible, you know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But yeah, but dude, okay, actually I do feel I do feel fairly confident in this advice is like, Okay, you know you're in a rut and you're extending outside of your rut to try to do something, which, by the way, man, what's your name again, I'm sorry I bod with names.
Speaker 6: No, you're fine. CJ.
Speaker 2: CJ. By the way, CJ. Just so you know, I really, truly I commend you for doing that because you have a tough life, having three fucking kids, barely seeing your wife, always working, and still finding time to change because a lot of times like there's only enough time and energy for maintenance, and then to act some kind of change is like you have to dig fucking beyond yourself and it's really really hard. So I commend you for even trying to do that.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it. And that's why I'm trying to start a business or something.
Speaker 2: Because but here's the and so here's the thing and the reason, and I'm getting a little fired up about this is because if I don't get why you're it with all the effort that you're exerting to do something outside of yourself, I don't understand why you would do something that ends with you being in more debt. I I, it's twenty twenty five, my friend. It's twenty twenty five, my friend, it's twenty twenty five, my friend. You don't need a marketing degree to show that your business is credible, you.
Speaker 6: Know, right I.
Speaker 2: And also you've already you've already started a business.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did previously.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know, man, I just feel like that piece of paper, which maybe I just eat up all the propaganda that we've gotten since we were young, that piece of paper will maybe just help me, you know what I mean? Because right now, it's just what's going on isn't working. And you know, I've applied for marketing jobs and I've had like multiple interviews, and uh, it just never pans out.
Speaker 2: And we're we're at a weird place. I think I'm totally talking completely out of my ass with nothing to cite anything at all, because you know whatever, I'm a dumb podcaster. But uh, it's it's it's well, it just I was gonna say, is that it seems as though we're getting not a weird inflection point where like economically, people without degrees and people with degrees are having similar struggles.
Speaker 6: Right, And I see that and it kind of it kind of frightens me, like of course with everything AI, It's like, why would someone hire me for marketing when they can just fucking type into chat GBT and we'll do the same fucking thing.
Speaker 2: Well sure, but I here's here's what I would say. My your dream is you want to you want to be a white collar guy. You want to be on the computer at home with your kids. You want to be doing that. I would love that. Son, how many hours a week them? How many hours a week are you in school?
Speaker 6: So it's all online, so I do it full time, so you know, like so like right now it is like a perfect example. So I got home, my wife went to work, my kids go to bed because they're young, around like seven thirty, and then after that I will kind of sit at my desk for two three hours and do it to do school and then or like right now, like I said, I'm trying to start the business, so like I can build a website.
Speaker 2: So what are you going to do a little? What do you do in school? Like what do you actually do?
Speaker 6: Just learn about mark marketing? Like the last one was about professional communication. I had to write like two papers and do a presentation on PowerPoint and this one is all about power Uh PowerPoint Excel. No, not PowerPoint. What the hell am I saying? Microsoft Excel. Yeah, so like this one is kind of more like, uh, I guess like this term is more techie. It's all like stuff on the computer. But like last time it was like fund Like last term was like fundamental of marketings and marketing management and all this bullshit.
Speaker 2: So how much how much money do you are? You do you spend to do that?
Speaker 6: So it's a little bit cheaper than like I would think you would assume. So per term, there's two terms, so like it's just like six months. I don't know what a regular college is. I've never been to a regular college anyways. So every year, let's see, so I think every six months, it's about thirty seven fifty So three thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars every six months, Okay, And yeah, it's not horrible and it's go it's go at your own pace. So like if I really wanted to and I didn't have like all these outside variables, Like I know this guy who went to the same college, he wasn't doing the same degree, but he got it done. In six months, So like he got his whole degree in six months.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so you go, how and how's he doing? Does he have a job? Is did his degree help him? Because I'm actually okay, but it's actually now that you say that, it was only like, you know, three seventy something for six months. That's not that's not horrible.
Speaker 5: What what?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, your boy, I mean your boy. He got the degree, Like what was he doing?
Speaker 6: Now? Yeah, he's doing he has a corporate corporate life. Now he's I think last time I talked to him because I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say, you gotta ask him for job, dude.
Speaker 6: Well see, and that's the thing. It's like, you know, I ask around and like that's kind of what happened. Like I asked him, and he got me in touch with the CEO, and then the CEO got me in touch of like with the marketing director, and then I went and had an interview and then just nothing. It's just like, oh man, like all that effort, you know, redoing my resume, Yeah, just absolutely just for nothing.
Speaker 5: And it's so like disheartening, Like okay, and you're at the same time as you're doing school, you're also working on a business like you're you're also working on a business, like for marketing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I haven't started anything yet. It's been something that's been in the works. Like I said, I'm building my own website, so I'm not hiring someone to do that. And then you know, I'm coming up with a business plan, which I have, and then I have like pricing models and pressing structures for different things, cause I already specialize in digital ads. So like when I ran my queening company, I got all of my business through Google, So I did like my own Google Ads, and I optimized, like you know, my website that I made it once again, you know, like on page off page SEO, like all this structured data, the metadata, all that bullshit, like I'm really proficient in. So I'm doing that right now. And then so I'm guessing in one to two months, I'm going to try to get the business license and then utah, it's like sixty five bucks and then I'm just gonna man, I'm just gonna fucking wing it, you know, because I feel like in ten years, if I don't do it right now, I'm gonna regret, Like what if what if? Like what if I could have built something for my family.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna ask, is do you are? Is your is your dream life? Like you build something for your family or your dream life is you clock in and then at five pm you put turn the fucking computer off.
Speaker 6: No, Like, I know, working for myself is probably gonna be way harder in a sense, not physically is going to be way harder than what I'm doing now, but because like, like when I worked for myself, I worked seven days a week for like a year until like I got those two employees and then I kind of could take some time off. It wasn't a lot, but that was the most money I've ever made. So like, you know, my my goal in life isn't to be a billionaire or a hundred millionaire. Like my definition of rich is someone who can pay their bills and not worry about like their financial area, Like oh yeah I could pay rent, I could pay this, I could pay this, Like all my bills are paid, and maybe let's plan a vacation. You know, in my definition, that's rich. And right now, okay, like like we're just not there and.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but we're getting were getting ahead of ourselves here is like we're just trying to figure out. I don't know. I'm just thinking about like those those hours that you're extending beyond yourself.
Speaker 6: Dude, it's exhausting.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, well I'm sure. I'm sure. I'm sure it's exhausting. And that's why I'm thinking about what the best thing for you to be doing with that time is. And it's probably Oh, I don't know, man, I I'm I don't know, is is I and I don't I don't know the industry, but I have to gander that like that, I don't know how worth while it is for you to be, like, like, how worthwhile is it for you to be like writing fucking papers? You know? Like no, I get it, Like like because you because you're because you're a tinker, You're you're a tinkerer.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: There there, you're you're. I mean that, that's I think that's what everyone wants they want to I mean not everyone, but you know, tinkerers. I remember I had a large period of time in my life where I was a tinkerer and I was like, how the fuck do I make money that I don't have a real job, And I was fucking think about all kinds of ship like whatever Facebook, ad marketing or drop shipping or all that kind of a ship. And I don't know. I I think, well, I can't, I can't. I'll say that. I'll say this, and you you ultimately get to decide what is right for you. But I would sit with yourself for a little bit and go, Okay, of all the options of all the things that I could maybe this is redundant, but whatever, of all the options of all the things that I could do, which one by the end of me doing the work, will I have really built something? Is it you working on the business for longer or is it you writing the essays. I kind of think it's you working on the business more than it is you are writing the essays, right, I don't know because I haven't spoke. I I mean, go and talk to go find five people who graduated from your program and say hey, did you get a job because of this thing? And if they're all like, yes, you should do it. But I don't know what that guy in the lizard suit on the podcast is talking about. But you should do it, then great, go with them. But I don't. I think you should ask yourself some more questions before you blindly say oh, well, this is how it's always worked. You get a degree and then you get a job, because we all fucking know that that's not that's not the world we live in in twenty twenty five. But I don't. But I don't think that. I don't think you're fucked, and I don't I don't think you're fucked, and b I think that there does exist opportunity for you somehow, some way to make money in an air conditioned room, right, and yeah, just and I again, I really commend you because what you're doing is so extremely hard. I think as long as you don't give up, maybe give up for a little bit. If you find yourself being like I can't tip into deserves this week, I can only do maintenance this week, that's okay.
Speaker 6: I find myself doing that more often than not.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and that's okay, because you got your are you're you can't over exert yourself or else you'll fucking die.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just so burnt out.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, And I'm sure. Yeah, I mean, listen, you could also take a couple of weeks and be like, I'm gonna just fucking go at maintenance mode. It's a bare minimum I need to do to keep my children and me and my wife alive.
Speaker 6: And do that.
Speaker 2: If you need a break, if you need a break, and you do that for a couple of weeks, and then it'll be like, Okay, let's reassess, and now what do we do? But ask I don't. I wouldn't. Your time is super valuable you specifically because you have all this stuff on your plate. So just just really poking prod and pick at the thing you're doing with your with your energy reserves and make sure that it's got some legs to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, That's that's what I'm trying to do. That's like literally just a couple of days ago, like I was just like, Okay, I'm really going to do this business because like I, like I said, I've been thinking about it for a while, but lately I have just got to the point where I'm so goddamn sick of doing my job, and like it's like every day I'm just miserable. You know, from like the minute I get there, I'm just sweating until the minute I get off and it you know, like today was like ninety eight degrees and I'm just like just pouring sweaty, and I do agree with you, like I think the business would do. Focusing on like building the business would probably be worthwhile, a little more worthwhile than just doing school. But at the same time, I've been in it for a year and another another thing that's been on my mind is if.
Speaker 2: I stop the sun cost fallacy.
Speaker 6: Well, just the thing if I if I drop out right now, hold on, hold on, You're fine, hold on, I'm.
Speaker 2: Talking about c J. I'm gonna I'm gonna let this be the last thing you say so that you can go hang out with your kid because I feel bad. I feel bad that you're neglecting your children to t have this phone call with.
Speaker 6: No, You're fine, they're just chilling. We're watching Monsters, inc.
Speaker 2: But okay, cool.
Speaker 6: What I was gonna say is another thing that's been on my mind is because I have been thinking about stopping doing school. But if I drop out, then I have to start paying the student debt, right.
Speaker 2: Dude, CJ. CJ, I don't know if you heard what you just said, But being like being like if I but yeah, but yeah, I mean I don't know, CJ. Like, Hm, I could go deeper into debt. But if I quit, I have to pay the Like what do you like that doesn't make any sense, man.
Speaker 6: No, No, it's just like right now, I'm looking out for us right now, because like I understand what you're saying one million percent, but like right now we're scraping by, Like you know, we could pay everything and we could get groceries, but we're left with so little at the very end of the month that if we had a bill on top of that, it's just like, could we really do it? You know what I mean? Like, like, I get what you're saying. If I say that for another.
Speaker 2: Year, sure, but yeah, but I'm but like, yeah, but I'm I'm like, if I'm living in the like in the reality that you're putting forth for me right now, you have to you have to do that no matter what. And so and also if you keep going and you don't take the time to reassess, that bill gets bigger.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So I'm not I can't. I'm not gonna tell you what to do, but I just think that you should, you know, assess it and understand that, like a degree is not automatically gonna get you out of the rut. And maybe it will, I don't know. I don't know the program. I don't know these people, but you should have you at minimum, at minimum, at minimum, you should find like five other people who graduated from this program or faculty or whatever, and like really do some deep diving and and not like just take it at face value. And that's what That's what I would do before you drop out, is go find people who graduated and if they I don't know if you've done this already, but I would go talk to some people who were in your shoes and were in the degree, and if they and how they're because if you talk to those people and they're like, yeah, I got that degree and now I'm in more debt and I'm fucked because the job market's fucked, then you can cut your losses and and you know, yeah, you have to pay the debt, but you have to pay the debt no matter what, because yet you enrolled. So if if now's the time to be like, all right, let's let's find out if now's the good time to cut our losses, and if it is, then great, and then you can and then you can be like, okay, great, we got out early, and yeah this is gonna suck for like a little bit. But now I can spend my extra reserve time working on this thing that is really gonna, you know, hopefully eventually grow to be my ticket to you know, not having to be fucking underwater. For now, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna let you go. CJ. Is there is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before.
Speaker 6: We go, you know, just uh be nice and live your life to the fullest and be grateful for what you have. And also to you, Lyle. I liked that video that you put out about you going to Tijuana. Man, I thought I thought that was a cool video. I watched it on YouTube and me and my wife actually watched it, and she she every time we watch you and like, you're out of your suit, She's like, he looks so weird not being green. I just I think it's funny.
Speaker 2: But get used to be a lot more. I thank you. I appreciate that that. It's actually that's really nice here hearing from another human being that I've been working like crazy NonStop on making that video, so I appreciate hearing another real human being that enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I look forward to what you're gonna put out. Like I've been listening to you for a long time, and I watch your YouTube, Like I'll listen to your in real your like real life where you're in like the park or whatever, and then I'll also watch the video because I'm curious to see what these people look like like, you know. So yeah, man, I just appreciate you. I listened to you at work all the time, and like, even when I'm having this shitty day, I know it's like I know, I just put I just put you in my ear and I'm just like I just like kind of zone out and I don't know you You're doing God's work.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, and I commend you for working really hard to you know, uh, maintain the sanctity of your children's life and your life and I and I I hope that you figure it out and I hope you make you know, whatever decisions right for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I appreciate it. Maybe one of these days, when I, you know, do get a business and I have some money, maybe, uh, I'll go to New York and catch you. And what is it called Washington Square Park?
Speaker 2: Is that where you go yeah, yeah, yeah, come hang. If that does happen, I'll be like I would like that. I'll be like that's crazy. If that does happen, I will be like, damn, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, me too, honestly. But all right, man, we'll have a good day and uh yeah, as you say, I'll see you around the universe.
Speaker 2: Take care, CJ.
Speaker 6: You too.
Speaker 2: I do say that a lot. I say i'll see you around the you. I say that in my real I don't. That's not even like a show caller sign off. I just say that now. Anytime I say that, after like a date, i'd like, see you around the universe.
Speaker 6: They're like what.
Speaker 2: I say, see you around the universe? And I say, what's up, gangsters? That's what I that's how I enter. I enter with what's up gangsters? I exit with see you around the universe. I don't I now, I just I just do it to I don't know. I think if you're if I think if you intentionally say something weird, it makes it makes things feel less awkward, right, because if I if I intentionally say something that sounds normal, I just know it'll come out weird. So I'll just start with something weird. I like that guy, Ceja. He's really exerting himself. It's hard. Don't have a fourth kid, if you That's my main advice to you, CJ, is to not have a fourth kid if you can. If you can hear me still, thanks for calling, CJ. Hi. Hello, what's your name?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 3: Jenna?
Speaker 2: Jenna?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 2: Jenna? How's life?
Speaker 3: I can't believe I'm talking to you right now? Life is good? How's life for you?
Speaker 2: In this very moment? Life is good? In this very moment, life is good. I'm enjoying. I'm enjoying doing this today. I feel I feel in a nice flow state. I mean, life in generals is kind of crazy, but I don't know if it's ever supposed to not be. I don't know if the time time never stands still and you can probably waste a lot of it waiting for it too.
Speaker 3: Hi, I totally I totally agree.
Speaker 2: What's up, Jenna? Would you want to talk about today? If anything? We can also just talk about nothing. Well.
Speaker 3: I've been thinking about if I ever got on the phone with you, I would tell you about the time that I saw you at Electric Forest. So I didn't actually get the chance to see your set. Because of the group of people I was with, we were just on a whole other journey in that moment. But I had made you a bracelet, like before I even left Pennsylvania to go to Michigan for Electric Forest. I was like, if I see Lyle, I want to be able to give him this bracelet. And I was walking through the forest and I could see you didn't have your gecko costume on, but I could see the paint on your hands and legs. And I was with my friends and I could see that you had like an artist's bracelet on too, and I was like behind you, and I was like, guys, I think that's a therapy gecko. And I was like, I have to make a run for it. So I like bolted over to you and I stopped you and I said I barely even said hello. I said hi, can I give you something? And you were so kind and you said, of course, like what's your name? And I told you my name, and I did the little like peace, love, unity and rect like a handshake. Yes, we plurred, and I gave you the bracelet and I think it's just a therapy gecko on it. But I was just like on a off chance that is so like heartfelt and it was like such a big moment for me. And then I went back to over to my friends and she got a video of it, and I was like, thank you so much, like it was it like made my day so and it made my whole weekend. I was like talking about it forever.
Speaker 2: So that's so nice. That's so nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know I probably have it.
Speaker 3: I would love if you still have it, that would be amazing. I am also wondering how your experience was there, Like how did you How did you like the forest? It's one of my favorite places, like to be honestly ever, like I love going there every year, and I was wondering, like how you liked it?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I have a I have a thing and I've always had this my entire life where I I feel like I always have to I always have to be like working in some way, shape or form, and I I like, I need my This is a good thing. It's not a bad thing. But and it's like if I'm going to go on like a big trip or do a crazy thing or go to a festival or whatever, like uh, and if I'm if I'm doing that and I'm working. That's the best. That's the best I ever feel. And so was so like when I did when I did my little festival run where I was doing like bon Aru and Coachella and Electric Forest and I got to do the shows and also like hang out afterwards. It was fucking awesome. I don't know if I would go back just to just a vibe. I'm not like I mean maybe, I mean, certainly, if I got invited back to like ever do something, that would be cool. But even if I only got to do it, that would be amazing. But it was great. I mean, I love the music festivals. I love you know, I love the vibes there. Maybe I would go to another music festival just to vibe if I had, you know, I had like a reason to go or something like that. But you know, I mean, I love I love ecstasy. I haven't done it in like three fucking years. But it's fun.
Speaker 3: Me too. That's one of my favorite parts is to just kind of be able to be out in the woods exploring and not worrying about like any of my problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't know if I'll ever go back to Electric Forest, but I mean, yeah, I had a fucking great time.
Speaker 3: Well that's amazing. And I know you've been doing a lot of traveling lately, so it's been awesome to see all of your like recent endeavors. You're you've been exploring a lot of the different things, and it's really cool to see.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. Yeah, I haven't been doing I've been doing as much this year as as the past. But I'm I'm I'm hankering for it. I don't know where I'm gonna go next, but actually I do know. I'm gonna go to the Gathering of the Juggalos. Yeah, the Gathering of the Juggalos. That'll be my next festival.
Speaker 3: That is badass. You are very excited, such a good time.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited for the Gathering of the Juggalos. I don't know what I'm gonna make yet. I don't I'm either gonna make I was thinking about making something more along the lines of that Tijuana video where I'm like, you know, it's kind of like trying to edit for story or just like doing on the Street podcast or both or one or I don't. I don't know yet, but I'm gonna make something there. But that was fun. Yeah, I've always wanted to go.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see it.
Speaker 6: What is your name again, Jenna?
Speaker 2: Jenna? Well, shit, Jenna, I don't want this to all be about me. What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Another thing I've always wanted to tell you about is I play roller Derby. It's a pretty cool like hobby to have as like someone in their mid twenties.
Speaker 2: You say, mid twenties is if you're like a grandmother.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess in late twenties. Now. I'm twenty eight now, so I just turned on the eight this summer. So yeah, I don't feel like a grandma, but sometimes after a weekend of roller Derby, I do.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about being twenty eight? I don't know why. I'm like, I felt it's very young my entire life. But this year I've just started to be like, oh, yeah, none of this is forever. It's I don't want this whole episode. I feel like I've been able to avoid getting into nihilism. So but when I else talk.
Speaker 3: About it, yeah, let's talk about it. It's it's very daunting to be twenty eight. I'm like, you know, supposedly a full blown adult, you know, from like a societal point of view, but I don't know, I still feel like a kid most of the time.
Speaker 2: It's cool though, because, like I mean, you go to a place like Electric Forest, and I have to you, you do encounter a lot of like, you know, motherfuckers in their thirties hanging out and doing drugs.
Speaker 3: It's awesome. It's like you see adult kids everywhere, like having the best time. Everyone's face is lighting up at everything they're seeing, and like all of the crazy characters that like float around the forest just to entertain people. Like the way that they organize that festival is very like, come play in the forest, everybody.
Speaker 2: I think my buddy sax Squatch just did just did a set there in the Honeycomb where.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know the sack Squatch. That's pretty sick.
Speaker 2: He's the man. He's the man.
Speaker 3: You were at the Honeycomb too, right, I was at the Honeycomb. Nice, it's iconic.
Speaker 2: Let's see, Jenna, you said your name was right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good memory?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Roller Derby?
Speaker 6: Tell me what do we do not have to.
Speaker 3: Talk about Roller Derby? What do we need to talk about it?
Speaker 1: What do we mean interesting?
Speaker 2: What do we need to know about Roller derby.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a super high contact sport, but at the same time, it's like you're out there just hitting your friends, and when the whistle blows and the gem is over, you like pick your friend up and like give him a high five. Like it's all in the like love the game. Like it's not like super like scary competitive, if that makes sense, Like you just kind of enjoy hitting each other.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, when you say that it's a high contact sport, is it not, You're like you're shoving each other around, right.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what what's the is what's the goal? Is the goal of it to like beat the shit out of each other?
Speaker 3: Well not necessarily, so, like the goal is to each player has a jammer quote unquote, and that's the player that has the star on their helmet. So if you've ever seen like pictures of roller derby or something, or like a video of it, there's like a player that has a star on their helmet, and their goal is to like gain points by passing players on the other team.
Speaker 6: So each player that.
Speaker 3: They pass counts as a point, but those players are like actively trying to stop you from passing them, So It's kind of like it's kind of like football on skates without a ball or end zone, if that make sense. Like like there's no race, Like sometimes people think you're racing around the track. It's not necessarily a race. It's like each time you go around the track is another opportunity to get more points or to like stop the other jammer from getting points, if that make sense.
Speaker 2: It does make sense. That does make sense.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of like camaraderie and like team bonding, like we'll you know, have a beer after a game, and like we have lots of parties and stuff. It's just like a cool, fun way to like socialize when like you don't have like college anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah that we talked to a guy about dodgeball on the show a while ago, and.
Speaker 3: He has any recreational I encourage. I always encourage.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's it's important to have something after like high school and college that gets you in and around other people in some way shape or for him, you know, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And roller Derby is also fun because people have like names like that are not their real name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your Derby name?
Speaker 1: Rhythm and Bruise, that's.
Speaker 3: It's like a pun. A lot of people have like many words in their name. It's not abnormal. So rhythm and bruise, Like I used to be a dancer. I guess I kind of still am, but like I used to be a competitive dancer, and I wanted to kind of like tie that into my derby name somehow, but also make it like a.
Speaker 2: Pun rhythm and brew.
Speaker 3: Bruise, like like if you got hit and you had a mark on your arm, like rhythm and bruise.
Speaker 2: Ah, okay, that makes sense. Huh uh huh, Yes, Jenna, you're still there.
Speaker 3: I'm still here. I just didn't know if you were going to say something else.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like I do have that bracelet I have like a I keep. I keep all the stuff.
Speaker 3: I was wondering that that probably get a lot.
Speaker 2: Of stuff I'm lucky, lucky enough to get. I'm in a room with a bunch of stuff, but I keep all keep a lot of it in like a big drawer. Like the small stuff like little bracelets and chatchki's, I keep it all in a like a big drawer of stuff. I'm not good at decorating, like I had, I'm not good at decorating. Thank you, I'm not good at decorating, but I have I have some stuff up, but I'm I try to keep keep my life simple, I guess. But Jenna, thanks for go go ahead.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, I like the thought of my little bracelet being in a drawer with like other people's things that they like put a lot of thought into for you like it. It's a nice thought.
Speaker 2: Your bracelet is likely to drawer with a bag of somebody's hair that they gave me back in twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's even better.
Speaker 2: That's even better, Jenna, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: If you're thinking about joining a recreational group, hobby, activity, sport, this is your sign.
Speaker 2: Beautiful. Oh hey, wait, what's your favorite Derby movie? I feel like there's a lot of them.
Speaker 3: I'm blanking because I'm really nervous on the phone with you.
Speaker 2: There's one with I felt there's multiple.
Speaker 3: I literally just watched one.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's only one.
Speaker 3: I think there might be only one, like super famous one, and I literally just watched it and I can't remember the name of it, so I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: It's someone put it in the comments someone put it in the common Yeah, someone please put.
Speaker 3: It in the chat. I'm sorry and my brain is like blank.
Speaker 2: Take care of Jennet.
Speaker 3: You two lyle, have a good rest of your stream.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye. Wait, I have it. I have a computer. I'll just look it up. Uh oh, whip it, whip it. I feel like there's more? Is that the one?
Speaker 6: Is there?
Speaker 2: Only one of them? Jimmy Fallon is in this? What the hell is Jimmy Fallon doing in this? How old is Jimmy Fallon? He's fifty. Now this is a stupid Wikipedia. It just it just they just know how to They just know. You know, what's funny is like Meta and YouTube and Google whatever, like all these tech companies. They spend all this time trying to figure out the science of how to get us like addicted to their apps and whatnot, and they're always changing and they then they're you know, their public companies, and they put research into it and whatnot. But Wikipedia does the same thing and all they do is make stuff. Blue shout out to Wikipedia. Rep Kid goes on the line taking your phone calls every night. There bec goes to what his 's teaching you. Cloud in the mean of your life. But he's not really an expert