Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the Kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 3: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat and now joined by bad Larry Shayan Irving and Dylan the graphics guy. I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: There's no love, it's called respect. Why would you respect a man who has one ring with a four time MVP quarterback? Like? Why why Jan Gaily? When you get into the NFL? For example, Robert Taylor, he ain't done nothing, he ain't never done nothing. He followed Brian Kelly from CMU. He's never won anything, has never done anything. But now he's got an interview with the Cowboys. Why because he's got experience as a head coach. Okay, great, your experience is fucking losing and being a loser. That shouldn't count for shit. I'd rather have Well, I don't know why they're interviewing Robert Salah. That says more about Jerry Jones. Mike McCarthy has eleven seasons of ten or more wins, one playoff win in four years with the Dallas Cowboys. Who know? Who know? How many playoff wins does Mike Tomlin have in Pittsburgh. That's a completely different story, Mike. No, no, it's one super Bowl fire. He got one super Bowl fire him. I don't care about that. But the fact that they replaced the Ginger with somebody who they thought would get playoff wins and they didn't. He failed again after sitting out a year. Mike McCarthy failed in Green Bay with one of the best quarterbacks of our generation. Okay, how much do you put that on Aaron Rodgers who was Oh, come on, Aaron Rodgers was terrible. He had home field advantage in a lot of those games. He is the only fifteen win team to lose in the first round of the playoffs against sling Blade. That is true, But Mike McCarthy is a mediocre coach. Should never sniff Canton, Ohio and should be Mark said, I said, it's Sean Payton, a Hall of Fame coach. If he wins in Denver, he will be Yeah. Well no, no, he's got one Super Bowl. I wouldn't call him a Hall of fame coach right now. No, absolutely not. Well, if Mike Tomins a Hall of Famer, then Sean, I don't think Mike Tomas a Hall of Famer. Neither, he's gonna be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: He shouldn't be sustained above averageness is Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 1: But that's my point, is that the sustaining part is just because you've broken into that elusive club. It ain't because you've dominated that club. It's because you what Deon Sanders as your coach.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a terrible Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't want it, but I think it's gonna happen. Who do you want Ben Johnson? You don't even know if he can be a head coach. I don't care. I know Mike McCarthy can't. I know Chang Gaily can't. I know Dave Campbell can't. I don't care. Throw the fuck dice, let it hit the back wall. Let's roll so bad.
Speaker 3: It speaks more to the Cowboys, I think, being like a death sentence of a job than necessarily the people that they've hired.
Speaker 1: Just fat Man's dead, okay, long live okay, anybody else? Fair enough? Fair enough, by the way, Congratulations on James Franklin. You all in on James Franklin. Yeah, happy about that. Congratulations. Maybe he could be the next head coach of your cowboys? Why not? Why not him? And Stark? Stark plus nine hundred. That'll never right. You were you were? You were always against James Franklin, always, and then you jump on James Franklin and what happened? He disappointed me once again, proved that I was right in my bones. He's a battered housewife. It really is. Really, I don't know. It's bad. It's bad. Marvin is bad. Larry with us? Dan, Where where were you?
Speaker 4: I was lying in my bed waiting for the call and I never heard it.
Speaker 1: Why are you in bed?
Speaker 4: I got a little chill, So I'm just on the covers, Mary Beth says, and I don't want her here the conversation, So I'm just upstairs having my conversation with you guys. I don't know what I missed earlier, but Dylan fabulous.
Speaker 3: Wait many Yeah, I was due for one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't miss anything, Larry. We didn't go around the room and vote on whether you should still be on the show. We did not do that. That's okay. Uh, well it was a majority that they didn't want you on the show anymore.
Speaker 4: Just to let you know that's fine, okay, anything out real, well anything recap?
Speaker 1: Uh Dylan was great? Uh Dylan almost Yeah? You did you? You took the Vikings against the Rams, you got Notre Dame to win the national title. You could hedge this bet.
Speaker 3: I'm a big hedgings for Pussy's guy. Yeah yeah, I will probably be more. I'm way more likely to double down on that than to hedge it, because like, like, does that even really feel great? If you went you hedge out and you're like all right, cool, like I made a little bit of money on it.
Speaker 1: That's where you don't tell anybody that you did it.
Speaker 3: No, you just celebrate the win.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you just bad Larry. Uh kind of hit or miss there. You didn't have anything really noteworthy.
Speaker 4: Uh right up two units, Dan, Just keep keep plugging along.
Speaker 1: No, I know, very impression.
Speaker 4: I gotta get. I gotta give it a shout out to Ray. I thought I was only up one unit. I went four and three and I said, I think it's only one unit, right. He texted me back, are you forgetting you two units? On Notre Dame. So I'm a national apology. I was wrong, Ray and you were right.
Speaker 1: That's very big, the new new year, new layer. Let's see, let's turn a rettention to this week. Dylan, you got Notre Dame Ohio State? You want to start there in national tonic?
Speaker 3: Yes, Dan, I've got Notre Dame plus eight and a half. This does scare me because my initial thought was Ohio State's just gonna steamroll them. But after sampling some idiots that I know, it seems the dominant trend is Ohio State. So I'm gonna fade all of them. I'm gonna stick Rock with Notre Dame plus. Like I could semi hedge and take Ohio State with the points, but like then Ohio State wins by seven and I lose my future and the games, and I'm not gonna lay like minus four hundred on Ohio State money line.
Speaker 1: All right, So you've got Notre Dame plus eight and a half.
Speaker 3: Yep, and just a little sprinkle on this one, Dan, Yes to overtime oh plus thirteen hundred? Oh some well, fireworks at the end of the game. I can see it. I'm picturing it in my head.
Speaker 1: How many units that were we betting this one? Okay, bad Larry. I can't imagine you'd go against Notre Dame, so no, and.
Speaker 4: My bet is just Notre Dame money line. I don't even want the points because if they lose and cover, I'll be just as angry as you know. I don't care about the money, so I want Notre Dame money line. I guess I'm getting three and a half or four to one.
Speaker 1: I got plus two eighty five?
Speaker 4: What eight and a half points?
Speaker 3: Drafts they'd uice that money line pretty good?
Speaker 1: Righty? Plus two eighty five plus two eighty five? That is correct?
Speaker 4: All right, okay, all right, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I guess that's rude.
Speaker 3: Rude you get dogged on the money lines. Do you have to lay like one to four with the Ohio State and then that's all you get for Notre Dame?
Speaker 1: Shay you ready? Yeah, Buck, guy's on laying eight and a half against Notre Dame. I think this is reminiscent of USC versus you in the BCS National Championship Game, where we want it to be closed. But it is a fucking ass whoopet Georgia. Ye. By the way, we found out Larry while we were trying to get a hold of you that Shay's room. Shay's wife is a fan of you, big fan, Larry.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she thinks you bring a lot of I don't know, possession pizzazz Riz the show. He's a fan. Wait what possessed? Does he bring spunk drunk uncle Pozzaz? I don't know, but Drunkel, she's a fan like Larry is the best. You guys are so mean.
Speaker 3: To have local vagrant energy.
Speaker 1: That's enough. Roommate, by the way, Danny, go into the Bahamas next week. You and the roommate and a couple other friends.
Speaker 2: No kids, very nice.
Speaker 4: Very nice.
Speaker 3: Are you going to like the Epstein one or No?
Speaker 1: That has been just a few couples met Alan. No, but we are going to the same place went last year when I did all those shrooms and called in. Remember that was not good. I was at a great place.
Speaker 3: But there's there probably isn't a better place to do Boomers.
Speaker 1: Will you go to the Bahamas? Danny as a white man barving. Yeah, here, most you go to the Bahamas is a white man and you know, hey, welcome to the Bahamas. But they just start throwing bags with drugs at you as soon as they see you. Boom boom, Hey here's some here's.
Speaker 3: So do this that you think that's every white man or a clear mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you might see me coming a mile away, but you.
Speaker 3: Forgot to imagine that you got off the plate and it was like, who has cocaine here?
Speaker 1: So it'll be a struggle for me this year, is all I'm saying. So it'll be a real benefit. You can replace Bahamas with the World Fair. You know, I always we said as a white man, I was like, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually walking around Europe, it's not that much difference.
Speaker 1: Used to brag about how I could score like anywhere in the world. But really, if you're a drug dealer and you've seen me walking down the avenue, I mean that's a customer, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've done business long enough. That is a Martin not only is a customer, and he's probably a repeat.
Speaker 1: He'll be here tomorrow eight am. Here in three hours, mon, Dylan, you ready, yeah?
Speaker 3: NFL NFL, Dan, I got the Texans plus eight and a half against the Chiefs. This is another one that scares me. But I know Chiefs coming off of Bye they have been pretty unable to cover a spread, particularly a large one this year, and the Texans just they live at home. At four point thirty on Saturday m I've got the Lions minus the nine and a half against the Commanders. Commander has been a nice story, but I think the Lions blow them out. And then Eagles minus six against the Rams. I didn't really know what to do with this one, but I feel like the Rams with six points is going to be a popular pick. After last week beating the Vikings team that turned out to be pretty shitty, and then Ravens minus the one and a half in Buffalo, this one I feel like could be flip flopped. But the Ravens dunked on the Bills earlier this season, so I think they're a.
Speaker 1: Problem for him.
Speaker 4: Bad Larry, all Right, I like Dylan's analogies.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: I take the over.
Speaker 1: I think it's analysis.
Speaker 3: I think I don't think there was a an They both have an well can't score.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about taking Houston also, but I just said, you know what, I'm going to take the over in that game.
Speaker 1: So it's analysis. Is the Texas analysis? Whatever?
Speaker 2: Kansas, we don't care.
Speaker 1: Never mind you were on a roll.
Speaker 3: I actually do think Sha Kwan is a cooler sounding name.
Speaker 1: Shae Kwan's better. Yeah okay? Uh so tex.
Speaker 4: Over forty one and a half.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you've got a bad phone connection.
Speaker 4: The same phone we've always used. Detroit mons nine and a half over Washington over you guys still there?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, over over.
Speaker 4: Philly the Philly Rams game over forty four and I have one and a half, thank you, Dan, three and a half, forty three and a half. And then I had the bills plus to one and a half against the Ravens all one units.
Speaker 1: Right okay, And that leads us to Shay club Sha Shay yeah de Rock City Redskins under fifty five and a half bills plus one and a half against Heroin Town, and then I got Stroud plus eight and a half against the ambiguously wait Baltimore is Heroin down? Oh yeah, kind of everywhere? Yeah, junk everywhere, Danny, okay, ha Ron they call it heron there they don Yeah, you can say, uh, Texans plus eight and half against Cheeves, right, all right, Uh Dylan, did you want to bet on darts?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, the Bacher and Darts Masters is this weekend, Dan and uh, my favorite darts player is Peter snake Bite, right, which you've probably seen a picture of him.
Speaker 1: I've seen the side of his head, that viper. Yes, he's got a snake tattooed on the side of his head, the rainbow mohawk. Yeah, but he but he's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is he good? Or is he just? Hey, I'll get a lot of attention if I put a tattoo of a great great.
Speaker 3: He's all right. I think there's some young talent in the mix that he's been at it for a while, so he's probably lost a little bit of his touch. But eighteen to one?
Speaker 1: What about that? What about that seventeen year old?
Speaker 3: That's right? Yeah, I can't even go to a bar for another four years.
Speaker 1: He didn't even buy a hooker? Well yeah, probably can't actually no legally, I mean in Europe, not buy a hooker. Legally you'd have to go in the dark web, you know, find a girl from what I hear? I don't know, you mean like here, never heard of Okay, So he's eighteen to one man to win it all? He is? Yeah, Also he's in there, okay. Yeah, that dude finished runner up at sixteen years of age, and then he won the Dark Championship at seventeen.
Speaker 3: How do you think he got into Dark? Like, well, at what age was he?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: His parents were like, here's.
Speaker 1: A dart board. He grew up at a bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah in England, right, yeah, he just lived in a back behind the bar.
Speaker 1: But if you go there are certain places like Ireland, you go into a bar on a Sunday night, the parents are at the bar and the kids are running around behind them.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, topia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you bring the family there and then parents sit at the bar and the kids are just running around here.
Speaker 3: After thirty they're like, no kids in the bar.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. I remember, oh in America, Yeah, I remember sitting at the bar with my dad when I was young. Yeah. Yeah, got some bars stories, yeah, yeah, better time, you know. Yeah, that's when America was great, right, Danny. Yeah, that's when you can have.
Speaker 3: Fun, bring back kids at bars.
Speaker 1: I don't worry. We got four days. Don't worry.
Speaker 3: You're gonna walk into a bar. It's gonna have six year olds everywhere.
Speaker 1: I think that's it. Shane Irving podcast, seems like you and your wife are doing really well. She listens to the podcast, give her a shout out there. We do have an upcoming episode, Danny, where the roommate and Shay are going to face off, take questions from the crowd, and live call in on relation. So this isn't like Skip Bayless with his wife on their podcast that they opened up their show to questions from the audience. It didn't go well. I didn't know that, no idea.
Speaker 3: Is there any for that to go well?
Speaker 1: Not considering this you know what's been going on. I was gonna say, did they bring up the fact that he tried to well that they didn't. They didn't take all the questions like they chose what you sheltered them. Oh, we're not filter nothing, Danny, just.
Speaker 3: As they come in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're going to have a what's.
Speaker 3: The hotline that you guys use.
Speaker 1: We'll have a number set up. Don't worry, I have no fear, but it'll be coming up, Danny. So you're not taking funk. You're taking phone calls, not just a I'm gonna submit an email or live calls to oh boy, you can call in, Danny.
Speaker 3: That whole area on the phone is gonna be backed up. How many lines you're gonna need twenty lines going.
Speaker 1: It'll be the roommate's debut. Well, people love her, Yeah, she's all right. Yeah they will, Yeah, they'll they'll love her. She'll they'll be like, man, you're lucky to have her. What's your problem? What do you do with that loser? Yeah? Yeah, why are you with him?
Speaker 3: It could be it could be the key to figuring out everything though maybe And yes, you guys realize like, wow, we really are just so perfect for each other and.
Speaker 1: Shaid, Okay, all right, but you're doing great. You're doing another vacation, happy, healthy, going to the pajamas, gonna figure out. No kids coming. I don't know who's watching them, but I'm sure we'll be paying for the goddamn nose. Yeah, but you'll stay sober. I'll stay sober. Yeah, I'm going to the beach, Danny. I'm gonna hang out, drink some virgin Beanie Colatta's, hang out in the pool, mushrooms. Apparently I'm not allowed to do those. Like, we'll see the roommate. You know, you get her on a beach, you get her a couple of drinks.
Speaker 3: You know those are therapeutic.
Speaker 1: Though. Yeah, rules change She's like, maybe you should we'll figure out.
Speaker 3: Maybe you should get fucking wasted.
Speaker 1: Maybe you should just do drugs. One of us, one of we'll see. Well, thanks for joining us. On Dan Patrick takes a Gamble Shay and Irving podcast wherever you get your podcast, So for Ray, the producer for Dylan, the graphics guy Marvin who has to put up with this Shay, and of course Bad Larry undercovers in the figure at the Jersey shot at the Jersey Show. Get off the exit and just ask where Bad Larry lives and they will what exit.
Speaker 4: Eighty ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Ninety eight ninety eight right and then right under the covers.
Speaker 1: Everybody in bed with Bad Larry. Have a great weekend, everybody, thanks for joining us, and until next week, well fart it.