Speaker 1: And it's drink chants, motherfucking podcast.
Speaker 2: Make he's a legends every queens rapper.
Speaker 3: He ain't say greed.
Speaker 2: That is your boy in O R E.
Speaker 3: He's a Miami hippop pioneer.
Speaker 2: Put up his DJ E f N. Together they drink.
Speaker 3: It up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And the most professional unprofessional podcast.
Speaker 3: And your number one source for drunk.
Speaker 5: Drink chants, motherfucking post every day is New Year's Listen.
Speaker 2: It's time for drink champs.
Speaker 3: Drink up, mother fucking mother.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, sagree over, it's your boy in O R What up is dj E f N And it's drink chance, motherfucking happy. I will make some fun.
Speaker 2: Right now he is in the building. We have a pioneer. We also have a component here. I want to big a component because the other guest.
Speaker 5: Host that we have tonight, I wanted him to be the guest host, but now we're switching it up, so that component is going to be the guest host. And right now we have a hip hop pioneer. Legendary.
Speaker 2: When when you think of.
Speaker 5: A godfathers, there's certain godfathers, but he's not a godfather.
Speaker 2: He is a father of him, and this is busy motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Going down tonight. Man.
Speaker 2: Also, who we have in the building. I want to be clear.
Speaker 5: We have a person who has four and a half mics, who has platinum and gold albums. He's part of the best group ever. His partner is the best name we got compone.
Speaker 2: And we love both.
Speaker 3: Yall tonight, baby, y'all listen, that was.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 2: We're not like, oh, I don't want them to share them, like, can't they can't get another one?
Speaker 3: You got it?
Speaker 6: You got?
Speaker 2: I want you to talk. Yeah, y'all, you got so You're not letgend like busy Be.
Speaker 3: You gotta.
Speaker 2: He's a real brox tonight he people like Busy Bee. What's happening? Let's take it from the beginning of that hip hop. All right, let's do that because you're from the Brons.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, we're out on the bron I'm from the boogie down brunch where the only ship really started from.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Street Boston Road, Prospect Avenue, tenth Avenue, Union Avenue, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: When the Grand Master Flash was doing this thing. Mally male thad or See Dealer was a little kid at this time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Grand Wizard, THEA or what he was a little kid at this time when Grandmaster Flash and Me and Jane was rocking, and they had only three mcs at this time. They had Melly Mail, Kick Creole and Keith Cowboys. So it was just a handful of MC's. It wasn't no bunch of MC's, you know what I'm saying. It wasn't no solo It was.
Speaker 2: A lot of DJ. DJs were for the DJ at the time.
Speaker 5: Back then, it was it was it was it was more classic, more fashionable to be a.
Speaker 3: DJ because from the DJ right because today there's no more mcs. You know, the mcs came with the DJ. You know, I'm MC that and this DJ blisey blise, I'm you know, the DJ came with the MC. Today you just got the m C or you got the rapper. Now put the CD in, make the music, and he's gone. He eliminated the DJ, so you don't have to pay him, you know what I'm saying. And I'm on my own. But see so the MC's is dead. You know, you have the m c's and the DJs, and you got rappers.
Speaker 2: So you know I go with hip hop.
Speaker 3: I'm three MC and rapper. Oh well, the m C came with the DJ. You know what I'm saying, I'm MC bliding this is DJ.
Speaker 7: Because the DJ wasn't talking on them, so he needed someone to wrap him right, And I'll give you a few MCS.
Speaker 2: That's you know that's still wrecked today.
Speaker 3: You got ll cool J with the Cut Creator, you got DJ Polo and uh Cool g rap you know, you got me with Dead or you got let me see all the MCS with with dj CK, you got being rock him, you know right, So so you know you have that right now, you have the new MCS and the new generation coming out.
Speaker 2: They just got music and they just rappers. Well what happened to the DJ?
Speaker 3: R said made the music?
Speaker 5: Ain't nobody this friend, this is my partner. He hates rapper goes on there and thanks everybody, Right, all.
Speaker 3: The guys a maze.
Speaker 2: We're not We're not saying look at us, we do the backbone, that's right, but and I agree, So.
Speaker 3: You know, at the of the day, you know, we need our DJ to help rapper, and the rapper need the DJ to do his thing. Too, because you got to promote that. This DJ helped me make this beat, to make y'all rack.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here's a crazy I'm so sorry everybody. I got two of my partners here.
Speaker 2: Cne. This is cn.
Speaker 3: CNE, this temptation.
Speaker 2: Have to describe the.
Speaker 5: Situation earlier today, I see Busy Be, Busy Be see me and said, he looked at me because we're both Champagne people.
Speaker 3: Right to crack a bottle ship, Yeah, crack up, be careful.
Speaker 2: That's very hot. This today is talking about today today. Yeah, yeah, yo, listen to all the rap is at allto raps iced team Big Mickey Benson.
Speaker 3: Right, Ali, who else? We got a big one. We did it.
Speaker 2: We did it Ice team making Mention team.
Speaker 5: And I see Busy be walking through the crowd and you had that v BO clicko and you got and you filled me up.
Speaker 2: That's what I do. I gotta fill you up right now. Okay, the whole bottom you take that.
Speaker 3: I how to do this ship.
Speaker 2: So we all right, all right? From from.
Speaker 3: Listen Mike Booth, Mike Boon is a Champagne nigga. We all king.
Speaker 2: Champagne nigga, all the Champagne niggas. We got the call that's he killed that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so busy me let me ask you a question right right.
Speaker 5: Right now, these brothers, the new generation is out and they don't want to do their history. They don't want to know who you are. They don't want to know who I don't want to They don't want to is. They don't want to know who he is.
Speaker 3: How you feel about that, Well, I don't feel about it. But I tell you what they do are they doing? They it's just a greed thing. It's just about a greed thing. And everybody is happy that they being recognized at this period of time in our culture. So at the end of the day, like you said, I might be the father, but then you're an icon, and then they got to respect that because of who you are and when you do what you do, you still do what you do exactly. They and at the end of the day, they fans. They're actually fans of what you do because some of them is made up. We was born to do this. Our fans created what we do to give us the energy to do what we do. So those people, some of them new generation is actually being made Because you look like a Noriego, I'm gonna make you do that. You just say these couple of rhymes and then that's what it is. But then the real MC's stand out. I've been doing what I've been doing three long, not too long. So I go back nineteen seventy seven, before records before to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was boring, busy be.
Speaker 3: No I was I was born at and all I do is just reinvent myself every two or three years. You know what I'm saying, and keep it rolling to where right now today I still roll with the Snoop Doggs, the wiz khalif was.
Speaker 2: You you understand what I'm saying. Smoking good and drinking champagne.
Speaker 3: That's what I did.
Speaker 2: Let me just tell you something I'll do.
Speaker 5: Two o'clock in the morning I land in Amsterdams. You already know what I'm going. Yeah, two o'clock in the morning, I landed Acidam. The only thing I didn't do was think about how I'm gonna smoke the weed. So I brought all the weed in the world.
Speaker 3: I bought.
Speaker 2: I went to the end there, every every weed.
Speaker 3: I had all of it, and busy became.
Speaker 8: I'm des sit in there, and.
Speaker 2: I said, yo, holy ship and busy said.
Speaker 3: Something noise or something. How you doing?
Speaker 5: I said, I got all the weeds in the world, theoes you ain't gonna hit to smoke of that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Why did I not think of that? He goes follow me and we an answidam.
Speaker 3: We walked through.
Speaker 2: I'm following, busy Bee.
Speaker 5: And not only did he show me what against cigars, I also got Marlborough Greens for people who smoke.
Speaker 2: If you smoke Newports, Marlborough Greens in Europe is the.
Speaker 5: Same exact ship as the New Boys, right, And this nigga grabbed me. I felt like in my mind he smacked me in the back of my head and say follow me. But that's that's the experience.
Speaker 3: I here's the deal.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal, busy Bee, right, what it is is that experience. I was proud to follow you. I was proud to ask you for help. I was proud. Do you think this new.
Speaker 5: Generation isn't proud because I am supposed to be the busy being of the Asat Robins to the little woozy verts. Do you think that they would do the same thing that I did with you?
Speaker 2: Because I know they don't.
Speaker 3: I know they won't because I mean they still think that they came into this game. And that's why, you know, I put together my own you know, like you know, I followed the Melly Mels and stuff like that in hip hop, and I say, and I always wear black, and I always will because I dress up for their fund of rules. And now heads will row and raptors will die, and whoever won the battle, I forgive them a try because I know I'm fresher.
Speaker 2: I was born to them.
Speaker 3: But being lesser small than the record in the show to me when I came here to set the world free from around the waves back in the days, I got beat so you can get paid. I may this's a job, you two bitch slobs, and now you die the word learned, still all robbed. You got a little bit of fame and wealth. Now you're thinking that all by yourself. I am you, but you ain't me, because you can start rapping to two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: I just tried to all stay together killed.
Speaker 3: So you know, I let them know. You know, I've been doing this for a little while. Respect the culture, just like when you're smoking weed. Now, you know, with a new generation of smoking weed, you have people that's sixty seventy years old, been smoking We call it pot marijuana before y'all start calling it loud and all that respect those people that smoked that weed, because they was doing this before you even got right to the legalizations came into this planet.
Speaker 2: And this is the reason why I'm sorry to cut you off.
Speaker 5: This is the reason why I love what we're doing today because there was a brother that walked in here. And now, earlier today, I was doing a show and a brother walked in here and said, so, when you're gonna have more pioneers on your show? And I said, do you watch my show? And he said yeah, And I said, it's kr Rests, not a pioneer. And I start naming names and he assisted that, you know, you know what, You're right, Lauri, but at the same time, you're wrong because I want the people that came before he wants to hurt, he wants to hurt, he wants busy.
Speaker 2: Will be considered the icons, you know.
Speaker 3: But I appreciate it, like.
Speaker 2: I appreciated what he said. I appreciate because he wasn't hating.
Speaker 5: He was just like, yo, look, Laurie, like you guys based it because we don't interview anybody on the thirty.
Speaker 3: If you're under thirty, you gotta relect.
Speaker 2: I'm a double nickel. I ain't afraid of my ship.
Speaker 3: I look, it's a.
Speaker 5: Double nickel, that's what. And you're looking good out here. I see Missy B not only in Amsterdam, but we seen him in l A. I'm in l A right and he's there in Roscoe's. And you're still looking good. You're still smoking with you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: I dream grapes, and I smoked good. You got that, sir rock, You know, I mean stuff. I don know, real hard drugs.
Speaker 2: I never did in my in my culture.
Speaker 3: So I always did define the grapes, you know, because I always stood around the people that said this is the rich stuff. I wanted the rich stuff. That's that's the scoop battle. Yeah in school, Yeah, just in case you're own some fly ship right here right now, school, I know you're doing some fly ship right now.
Speaker 5: With right now now, you as a person that was there in the eighties, you as a person that was there from the exception from the I don't even know.
Speaker 2: What that word was in the beginning beginning, right, So I got the lyrics, you.
Speaker 5: As seeing it, you as being there from the beginning right when you listen to the music.
Speaker 2: Now, are you disappointed or do you understand?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not too much of disappointed because some of the guys I do understand now I do have some of the new Generation. I mean, if you call like Ludacris new generation, which to where he's coming from, you know, to I listened to some of those. If you're making sense to the Kendrick Lamar's you know, I can understand that when you're just doing that what they call in the man or that that that crump or I don't even know, you know, it's just good music. Music speaks for itself. So if you're putting something behind it, then then you got an exclusive.
Speaker 2: You wind up having a classic if you take that music is fantastic. At the end of the day, I used to know, if I'm letting you down.
Speaker 9: No, no, no way.
Speaker 3: At the other of the day, that's about the DJ and the producer. The music is right, then it speaks for itself because the DJ knows, and then the DJ helps the producer to tell the people, Hey.
Speaker 2: This is what they do.
Speaker 3: But now the consumer became the DJ. But we can change the equations. But we can change that because we're speaking on it now. You know, the DJ is the man period period in hip hop. But I feel like DJ became castrated in this. But I'm saying that hip hop please please, and hip hop don't. The DJ is still the god that should be now.
Speaker 2: Ap okay, he killed that.
Speaker 3: He did what two three? Now, A rap is a different scenario. So like you say, when you're driving, you stay in your lane. You're in hip hop, stay in your lane because you the god. As long as you got in them, see that will follow your rules. You still to God. And rap is a different scenario because you got so many industries now that this is a billion dollar industry.
Speaker 2: Hip hop took over planet Earth.
Speaker 3: If you're not doing nothing in hip hop, you not even making no money, you either a fast food worker, a janitor Wendy's, or are doing something that you illegal because hip hop took over the planet. If you're not working in the industry of hip hop taking care of a person like me or Noriega or an MC that's worth that money, you ain't getting a dying And I'm sorry to say that. But the hip hoppers and the hip hop ats, how y'all saying we killed it, you know what I'm saying. So that's what it is. When the hotel hip hop man, that's all I can say. It's peace, love, unity and having fun. And we took over the planet. There's no place on planet Earth that there's not a B boy a break series. Based on your feed, the artists something We're done took over. So PUSYV.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, like, as a person that.
Speaker 5: I would have to call you a pioneer even more than care Rest because we had chare rests on here, we had Big Day came on here, the King is.
Speaker 2: Coming out soon.
Speaker 5: But was there ever a moment in this music industry where you was disappointed when you were just like.
Speaker 2: No, because okay, I never hated. I'm not a hater, No I ain't.
Speaker 3: What if you disappointed about something in hip hop, then okay, yeah you could be a hater. You might not call it that, but then the guy like me who heard somebody, they'll.
Speaker 2: Call it that because you guys are older, so they look at you at the end of this day.
Speaker 3: I'm not that I look at it. Some people hear lucky breaks. Like I said, again, you don't even have to be a rapper you could just look like one and somebody can put that money in you and make you say two or three rounds that you have been in.
Speaker 2: And it happened. It happened with Grand Master Cash and Big Bang Hang. Let me stop you right there.
Speaker 5: Jermaine dupri got on our show and said he looked at Crisscross the Rappers see and he wrote, He said he wrote every lyric the whole Crisscrosshole album just because he looked at them.
Speaker 7: All right, but hold up, but he said, Rappers the Light one of the biggest records that at.
Speaker 3: The end of the day even rappers delight. It only lasts six months. If you ain't real, I'm good. If it ain't real, it ain't gonna last. You understand what I'm saying now, you can be made up MILLI Vally. If y'all that record skip, y'all be fucked up to day.
Speaker 6: You think.
Speaker 3: You understand what.
Speaker 2: My feelings when I'm fron ticket, So there it is.
Speaker 3: I'll be a perfect example of the realness because I go back that far and it's twenty seventeen, right, I'm still standing.
Speaker 5: Still to speak on business actually saifully and I probably think this is the best question and you're probably the best person to answer this, because real hip hop living Europe more than is living oh United States.
Speaker 3: FU.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they respect.
Speaker 3: He's gonna say this, bet our love so much, man. I mean, dressed by myself. I can go pack a house at eighteen hundred by myself to where. I didn't know that until I got there and thought saying. I looked in the crowd, I was like the Blues brothers and shit and so all the people and said, I said, yeah, who who else on the card? He said you and nobody. I said what?
Speaker 10: Just me?
Speaker 3: They said yeah. I said, oh shit. So you know you can't get that in America. Right here in the US right now. You know, I'll get y'all, my homies, my friends, they girls, and then we got to pack house. You know what I'm saying. But as far as the people that paid that money and came to see and appreciate that respect, they're not going to come into America, But in Europe they'll spend them U Rosy follow four months, you know what I'm saying. He was out.
Speaker 5: Now come on, let me ask you the same question. I apologize because you know this we got we got busy beat. But I'm going to answer you the same question. Does hip hop actually exist more in Europe than in America?
Speaker 8: I would have to probably agree I do.
Speaker 2: But do you do you mean fans or the culture?
Speaker 3: The culture?
Speaker 7: You don't know?
Speaker 2: No, I think if it is a culture you no, no, no, You're one.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent correct.
Speaker 5: And with you how you applied that, because when you said fans of the culture, but let me take the fans away, let me just just just deal with the culture.
Speaker 2: Do you remember we went, We was in Germany and the promoter we just we.
Speaker 5: Couldn't see him for thirty minutes because he went and put up with CNN, the Bamon, the nigga went and nigga FEEDI. He did a piece for the whole peace, the whole peace for us, big enough answers. Listen, we win and we're worried about our money.
Speaker 3: We're not, we're not.
Speaker 5: We don't understanding what yo? When the fucking brand is that, they're like it's coming. And he wanted to show us, so he went out there and did a whole piece. All right, A throw up, I'm Puerto Rican. A throw up is when you just a piece is when you more letters box letters, right, he did.
Speaker 2: A piece for the piece that's me and me and this nigga's like, that's why he lacked.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You can never get that right. You get that in America, you don't.
Speaker 9: You don't.
Speaker 3: You don't you get fans that drawed you and and and spend time on doing something for you and to come to give it to you, to show you what they do. In America. I mean, guys come to the show, they looking for the girl to go home with. They heard you and they gone, you know what I'm saying. And in the beginning it wasn't like that. The commercialized and the and the industry took over. That's why I say now to to this day, you could push a button down we could be millionaire. There's no more discrimination in hip hop. You could be green, black, purple, whatever, and then say I'm a millionaire because you could press a button. You can go on the internet. You could just be on TV YouTube right now and DJ and make ten thousand dollars. So I'm saying the hip hop culture took over. We are the world right now. Yeah, it took over so much.
Speaker 2: And sometimes you don't even know, right because it's just so I like CNN and they talking hip hop lingo. Right, So that's all I'm saying. It's over.
Speaker 3: We took over the planet. I remember thirty years ago, you had to wear that suit and tie for seeing Inn and you can talk like that. They would talk on us down like these people here is doing that. Oprah Winfrey is a perfect example. She was just she was fat with the AFRO and then Baltimore and they talked about her. She's a billionaire, you know, and at one time she didn't like hip hop. Donald Trump didn't like hip hop.
Speaker 2: At one time.
Speaker 3: Now know, little Kim, he know us, he know who we are, and now all of a sudden he don't know nobody. Now you understand what I'm saying. So I mean, you know our coach is strong man.
Speaker 5: So from you being from the beginning, right, did you ever think that we would lose control the way we lost control?
Speaker 2: Now, let me explain what I mean, because what I mean is.
Speaker 5: When we were doing hip hop, when Mob Deeper doing hip hop, Nave was doing hip hop, it was untraditional.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just the way hip hop and all that.
Speaker 5: Right, But now we us, we're supposed to be who you guys were, or who you guys is still to this day, and we can't control these new guys, but you.
Speaker 3: Are controlling because we look where we're at right now and some of them new guys can't do this. We're on the podcast listening to the list right now. You know what I'm saying. So I mean, we're still winning. It's no, it's no more losing. We already won and we win it. So now I do it like this. We want to go to the playoffs, get to the championship. And right now, you're always going to be in the playoffs, Norway, because you already won the championship a couple of years ago. When you you you was at your baby, so you got your props.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 3: It's gonna keep all rolling. You're gonna get money for the rest of your life. As long as you keep telling the people what you're doing, and you can show that you can still do what you do, they're gonna come see you.
Speaker 5: And this is the reason why I fuck with you. Because you don't know why I fuck with you. It's because after you have ten years in this game, it's either you gonna get up or you're gonna be better, right, Because the thing about it is we don't ten years, you can never ever judge those ten years of loyalty. But I mean by that is, if you work for McDonald's and you there for ten years, you can take up your McDonald's hat and nobody will ever bother you when But you can do ten years in hip hop, and you do ten years in hip hop, you can never take your mask.
Speaker 3: Especially if you was if good and hip hop when you came out. When you came out and do people respect that you, then then those people growed up just like you rolled up, and they're gonna tell these people, yeah, shit, my man, nor.
Speaker 2: Was this ship in the back then, And in some cases they grow up with you. So there it is. Don't never think that you lost nothing.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You're still a champion of your culture. You're still a champion your people. I'm still knocking that fly ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: What you're doing, so you know you ain't you ain't composed, you know what I'm saying. So I mean you got everybody eating the whole team, right, so everybody is happy, you know what I'm saying. So you ain't never lost me.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I'm thinking of When I think about it, I think I think of that, I think of the young generation because the thing about it is, right, I was fortunate enough to come in the era.
Speaker 2: Where you we had to respect y'all, We had to look up to y'all.
Speaker 12: Right now this era is it's like follow this children like you gotta look at the person who came out two months before them, but they know looking at saying that's my Harold and those guys came out to.
Speaker 2: The Gucci, but you came out yesterday. Respect him. I like, first off, I like that record was.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, you're gonna get they run. I seen the video. I didn't know as long as they're.
Speaker 2: Going to get it. And then it's a wrap.
Speaker 3: Such a person like you, such a person as I twenty years from later career, he's going to talk about you same as they're going to keep talking about me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. And that's the difference.
Speaker 5: But do you ever try to like reach out to like a person from a younger Yeah, yeah, like who let's give.
Speaker 2: Us what's my man?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: No, but he from the South, he did type of way that makes one. Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Like that ship like I funk with Kwan and I.
Speaker 3: Never met him personally, and he's very humble, right, but he saw me, his boy said, he busy b. I left the mess because I mean me, if I like your ship, I'm gonna find one of the guys in your crew that do know me and tell them, yo, tell him hey, okay.
Speaker 5: So somebou let's describe that a little more than that. So you've seen him at his right what was it b T hip Hop Awards? Because I do all the hip hop ship, I go to him and.
Speaker 3: You smoking everyone that them right, So I go there and then I look for the guys like such as Kwame and find all the guys that I hear on the radios that's right for me, and go and give them their props to let them know, hey, you on the right track.
Speaker 2: Keep doing what you're doing. I love that shit.
Speaker 3: And if you haven't heard from the Icons or the Pioneers, I'm one of them mentoring you got my motherfucking blessings, nigga, And then they'll say, my nigga, busy be, that's what's up. Man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, and that's it, and that's all I ask for. Man, respect.
Speaker 3: Now, at the end of the day, when I came up again, I didn't make a lot of money millions and thousands of dollars, but I got two point three billion in respect and I'll.
Speaker 2: Take that all there.
Speaker 5: What, yo, let me tell you something about you because I just mentioned Amsterdam. But I seen you right everywhere. Every time, me and Capone and you all they smile. You always was happy. Yeah, you never you never was bitter.
Speaker 2: Why is that the case?
Speaker 3: Because they always say, never let them see you sweat, never let them see you crying. Keep a smile on your face, keep it feeling good. And something always happened good. You know what I'm saying. So here, I am right now. I was at all rap chilling and you said your bits.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: Man, I want you my show man, So I'm right here.
Speaker 2: You pull up.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm scause.
Speaker 2: You know why. You know why my father's were cutting you off. But you know why we owe y'all generations.
Speaker 3: They owe us.
Speaker 5: But instead of me telling them to owe us, I want to show a perfect example.
Speaker 11: I want to show love to my forefathers. I want to show love like not just your forefathers. It's hip Hop's forefathers. Thank you talk that ships all of us.
Speaker 7: Is it's drink champs or none of the nonether should we do if y'all would you know, pave the way for all of us.
Speaker 5: So we want to show love to the people that came before us, the big Daddy Kings, the rock camps, the busy beings, the chuck chillouts, who else we've seen tonight.
Speaker 3: We've seen so many people brucie bee uh.
Speaker 5: We want to show love to y'all because the thing is, we don't ever want y'all to feel unwelcome.
Speaker 3: Why ain't gonna do it to myself? When I see y'all, brothers, even if I don't know y'all, I run up to you hate because I be your flying motherfucker sometimes my giant ship.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 3: You know you've always got and you always got liquor. So I run up on the brothers even let them know because they might have seen The Beast DVD or they might have seen something saying, oh yeah, that's busy, you know what I'm saying, And then I let them know, Hey, though love is love, man, I'm not knowing no hate the ship be I congratulate, I appreciate what you're doing. I'm here, I'm gonna have a drink with me, smoke something. Then they say, yo, be that shit was dope. Busy d came here. He smoked sham and you smoked that good ship with us. And just because some of them they don't smoke good, but they smoking like a motherfucker man, But they don't good. Man, I smoke good.
Speaker 2: I want you to break down.
Speaker 5: The difference from rap and hip hop, okay, because earlier we alluded to it, right, and you said it right, but I would like you to detail it, Okay.
Speaker 2: Whoever's speaking back there, I love y'all, but.
Speaker 3: Can okay, well, the difference now because rapping hip hop, Okay, rapping now everybody's just rapping about what they got, who they fucking, how much money they got and and and what kind of car they driving. When we started, we was telling y'all stories about just made believe stories, fairy tale that sounded good to the beat and made you rock to it, such as the Jimmy Spicers to Slick Rick, the Rulers.
Speaker 2: Are they heavy d's, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: People like that will tell y'all stories to the funky beat and susch as myself, I keep you smiling and rocking to the funky beat. You know what I'm saying. To Right now, they're just talking about what they got, who they get ready to have sex with, or how many babies they got, and then at the end of the day they going to jail, They're.
Speaker 2: Going to child support. You know what I'm saying. They making the TV just like that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So you know, hip hop then was fun with the peace, love, unity and having fun. To now rap is just about how much money a person is getting at the end of the day. All you gotta do is make a mistake and then the lawyer you're gonna take it away. Producers is gonna take it away, you know, So you're gonna lose, you know what I'm saying. So me myself again, I just like having fun. I make my money, I take care of my family and enjoy myself. Man. That's it. That's what it's all about. That's what we came in here when we started was peace, love, unity and having fun. If you're not doing that, and then you're not doing it, and that's not hip hop.
Speaker 2: You you think you think industry divided the culture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well the industry like again, the industry could be anywhere and again like right among us and say, hey, you look like busy be man, I want you to do something.
Speaker 2: You think you can talk to me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that person's gonna say yeah, because that's an opportunity for that. You know what I'm saying, I can be ready to feed my family for ten minutes because as soon they catch on that, I ain't really busy be and I can't really do that shit busy be doing because you don't know what bisit be doing because at the end of the day, you don't even know busy be right, you know what I'm saying, So you know, commercialize that money as a motherfucker. But at the end of the day, I appreciate it all because at the end of the day, they feeding black folks. They're feeding families of the black folks, and some of the white folks is getting some of the money. You got eminem you got, you got frost you I mean, you got white MC's they making money, but it's feeding us, it's helping us, helping some.
Speaker 2: Of Carris One kind of said it the best. I think I'm pretty sure it was. He said, rapp is something you do.
Speaker 3: That's my brother. So you know we Parker's I'm just David Parker. That's Chris Parker and Kenny so we like the Jacksons, we just split up.
Speaker 2: He all on that side. I'm on this side.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: First off, let me just say we're in Stingrays right now. What's the ad mister sting Rays Second Street, thirty second Avenue, come to sting Rays the world the best host he.
Speaker 2: Got on Spurs on his show. Hear him on fucking Cowboy. I love this this guy.
Speaker 5: Listen, you gotta come out here. You gotta get the whole experience and do it. So, now, what's your favorite ever hip hop?
Speaker 3: Phus?
Speaker 2: He be the early nineties? Very think you would say that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be honest, I had this question in my mind as soon as I knew that he was coming here.
Speaker 2: I thought you was gonna say, Earl eighties. No, man, come on, man, no, I can't keep it.
Speaker 3: No really than it it is, man, I'm not gonna front they said the Early Night.
Speaker 2: So what what groups to mark? The E P M D.
Speaker 3: You know what? Try yeah, ship that ship was fun. Man, you know what I'm saying, Easy, in the n W A, they changed the whole ship because before before that you said, before.
Speaker 2: That, I've always said, I guess, I'm sorry, Well guess. And when they said NAS album and Gotti and you said, oh, you're not telling.
Speaker 3: N W because you said exactly the same, you said, didn't finished.
Speaker 2: They changed you change you said, you said it, but.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you how they changed it. Because see, from the East Coast, we were scared, they're not gonna use that word skin okay, but we were scared to say, hey, bitch, you get the fun off the record. We wouldn't say that on the record. Easy, you know what I'm saying, Hey, bitch, suck my dick and come on to the podect and people win crazy for that.
Speaker 2: Changed.
Speaker 3: I want to you, Easy, I want to you too. Changed everything that was on their record. Now now now East Coast wrapping now oh yeah we're okay, bitch. Yeah, and now we started that. That changed everything.
Speaker 5: So so I apologize because these people hate me when I cut people off.
Speaker 2: I need a cigarette. That's something just right now, I imagine. But you know, in your opinion, Gainst the rap was invented.
Speaker 3: With on the West. Explain that, brother, because Ice t was Ice Tea was first what's.
Speaker 2: One Nigga from the Bronx?
Speaker 3: Then just Tim Dog, just Tim Dog, Tim Dogg went to l A. Tim Dog do it before Tim Tim Dogg went to l A back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, y'all talking to the icon.
Speaker 3: I was there.
Speaker 5: Did you say this movie Ice Team in New York?
Speaker 3: Ice Team with us back in the day?
Speaker 5: Okay, oh everybody, everybody be quiet, please please, please please now, so busy Busy Beach, listen.
Speaker 2: Your pioneer, Busy Beach, your icon.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: We've been debating this on the podcast for so long, and you're saying that the gangster when it comes to against the rat right one hundred percent right. The first time you witnessed against the rat right came from the West coast, came from the West, and it came to Ice Tea with six in the morning.
Speaker 8: So he was on this show.
Speaker 3: We love Ice Tea. Call your story, bro. He came with Ice Tea was because he was from the West, but he recorded the ship over here on the east because that's where the vibe was at.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, So I'm sorry, So can you tell us what we were recording at that time on the East coast, because.
Speaker 3: We were still recording party flavors. We was talking on reality because you had the tribe called Quest, you had ever you had Rod Kim Rock Kim was talking to the guards pieces you know what I'm saying. And then so so now we was cool right there. Now you had the guards had a little something to talk about. Then you had the regular people that had something to talk about. And then when you mix the day, our souls in it and right you know, so so now we have a whole rainbow of culture. We have everybody now so far so in this movement West coast. Now, now on the West coast, you had iced tea, that was it. Then give it about four years because this is like eighty three. Then you got eighty nine easy e two shot.
Speaker 5: King, you know, okay, bad, But describe the first gangst the rap rap you heard.
Speaker 3: In w A so not.
Speaker 7: In the morning.
Speaker 3: It wasn't actually against the song. It was just a real story. Because we knew about Larry Davis in New York from school. D's right. We knew about it when I see said sixth in the morning, police at my door, right, away. Everybody in New York knew about Larry Davis because that's when it happened. So we threw that in. We were talking about Larry Davis. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Never knew that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you know that little story right there went for Larry David who made him famous and known, and made Iced Tea famous known and Iced Tea had the kind of voice now and hip hop the difference between the rappers. When somebody asked me that the difference is voices, okay, and hip hop you have strange voice. You have to the day your favorite rapper has a distinct voice. Facts, so every day everybody want to sound the same. You're only gonna last six month, get your money fast.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you. They say some of that is reality rapped or gangster. When they said Reilly Mel did reality wrap first?
Speaker 3: What game first? Reality rapp gainst the rap?
Speaker 2: Reality?
Speaker 3: And who who was the first reality rap?
Speaker 5: Because you said the first gangster rapper had to be Ice Team, I would say Slick Rick because he had the story with Lottie.
Speaker 3: Dottie, we wanted to party, don't trouble, we don't. We don't bother nobody.
Speaker 2: Just when we get it up on a message. The message to be wouldn't be reality rap but messages.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be reality wrapped for the elder.
Speaker 2: Them niggas doing coke back then, you don't know what.
Speaker 3: They agree with everybody for that you could say that, but Loddie Doddy would agree because it's for everybody you know, stick with. And then you had a London person rapping in America. Right, you never had nobody talk like that, and you had a different it's the voice of.
Speaker 2: Pronunciations that one now one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: I love to interview people like you, the people who came prior to it, because it doesn't sound like me.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: They ain't gonna tell you the truth because they don't know. I'm not gonna tell you what they You.
Speaker 2: Gotta relax, you got you know what you want to relax because we love you. Busy b and this is your format and this is this is where you gotta do.
Speaker 3: But this is his a thing.
Speaker 2: But tell us to ask the question. This is the reason why I love the.
Speaker 5: You're our first pioneer, right, we had care of us. He's like, you know, damn there, yeah, but care us is. But he's a pioneer but he's the little brother. But I'm one hundred.
Speaker 2: Percent love to speak to people like you, because.
Speaker 5: Back then going to l A was a totally different expiritce r right, Like they enjoyed you motherfucker's coming out there. They said, Yo, what New York motherfuckers in LA. They embraced them. Nobody shot nobody back then like switched.
Speaker 3: I would love I would love you.
Speaker 2: What do you mean because ship was going down?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but but it was love that you're talking about talking about the music, yes.
Speaker 3: Because we were talking just like he said before before that we can go to l A and were It was still known for you to getting robbed whatever. But if an MC came from the East Coast and went to l A, you was like the guard that day for that week.
Speaker 2: They appreciated hip hop. They appreciate it, kind of like the European thing y'all talking about. The West Coast was appreciated him right right now.
Speaker 3: Now, after that, you know what Pop and Big started the you because it wasn't none of that ship. It was just like you said, you we can go to LA and have a ball because it was a different mix. Now we bought some East Coast girls had some West Coast girls.
Speaker 2: Now you know, we all partying together.
Speaker 3: But then when poking pot started that West Coast and East Coast and Biggie fed into it again, it fucked it all up because then when somebody died, it was like East Coast guys was like targets. You go over there and use somebody and you talking that gangster ship they talking. If you got out of there safe, then okay, good, But you didn't have a good time. And before then we had a good time in La. You know what I'm saying, We had a good time. I did exactly the way I went all the way, and.
Speaker 5: So there was now will I love you just a little bit more details to describe how La was loved because prior to us, we used to hear like New York was just they loved us out right. And I never got to experience that. I never got the serience where La was.
Speaker 3: So you got the part where you was the target.
Speaker 2: I was a target. It's regular l A l A.
Speaker 5: I know, I'm just saying, but I never I never got the experience where he just described what he means is when I went to hoods, I went to New York, was.
Speaker 2: The birthplace, and LA appreciated that. L A appreciated that.
Speaker 3: I went to hoods and went to the neighborhoods, you know where described to some people. I guess, like you said, can't go now because it's not good. But back then, I went where people were selling the crack, at where the hoods was at, brothers was on the corners and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was in hoods where they had the cars that jump up and down and stuff like that. I hung around with the dogs, the pit bulls and like that while they're shooting dice and but yeah, I was doing all that. You know, it was good. It was love because they'll say, yo, my bids in town. So everybody put out the grill. It was like a block party. It was like Mardi Gras, East Coast rapper with no really little respect, and you come in there, person hood ship, whoever ran that hood was like, yo, we put out right, You're good for that that day.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It was just love. But then after that, you know, even some of those guys, you know, they either went to jail or died or they don't run the hoods no more. You know what I'm saying, Things change, you know, so me, I rolled with it. Man, I try to reinvent myself again. Do what I gotta do. Know who is who respect that? Because me, I'm not the one to go around trying to I'm a boss. I'm just a person. At the end of the day, the boss would say that person is all right with all of us, and then I'll get love from everybody.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, And that's that's me.
Speaker 3: That's all I asked for.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm saying, let's make so much busy. Be got that.
Speaker 5: Your busy, be your Bronx legend, right right. Well, let me just ask you, like why it's hip hop so different from every five years? Why do we change hip hop?
Speaker 3: Well, hip hop don't change, it's just the industry change.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 3: See, the industry took over some of us rappers MC's which like, I don't have a contract with a record company today because a record company can't tell me what my culture do. I'm telling you you can follow me and still pay me, but you can't tell me to get up at six in the morning because my people not up at six and no goddamn morning my people up at five in the afternoon, partying and chilling.
Speaker 2: So you know, they don't know, they assume they know.
Speaker 3: And then for people who's not real or who's been made up, they gotta follow that because they don't know, so they think that's what it is. And then they get and they getting paid, so they think that's what it really is. So they tell their crew members that, hey, this is what it is. This is how we get down to. When you find out the real ship is too late, you're too far in, you're don't talk the wrong stuff, you made people mad, and you didn't even give a fuck, you know what I'm saying. So then you got one hit wonders that don't last.
Speaker 5: You have a few guys that one hit wonders, I'll be seeing them in the way spot by Juice.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: So, you people of the culture are running the industry, run the industry, and they care less about cultivating the culture.
Speaker 2: That's the bottom line.
Speaker 3: Because at the end of the day, the person that's giving you that big check, they're telling you, hey, listen, I'm giving you this money. Make sure you don't give If you give that to your tony, that's not going to be good. But you know what I'm saying, because they know Tony gonna do the right shit with that money. You just getting paid, and you happy. Tony gonna take that money and turn it over and do the right shit. And we ain't gonna need us, you know what I'm saying. So don't fuck with Tony, but go ahead and pay your family, make sure everybody good, make sure the kids is good. And you're happy with that at that moment, because he right, I ain't had no money. I think family right, have a few extra dollars too. That's the American dream to pay the bills and have a couple of extra dollars.
Speaker 2: But I mean, you know, it is what it is. I don't hate once again. I congratulate you. That's why we love.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But listen, let me ask you the best error to the nineties, the nineties, nineties, the early nineties as a pioneer, right, I wouldn't be a guy doing a good job if I didn't ask you this.
Speaker 3: Well, come on, what is the worst error? Right now?
Speaker 5: You're gonna say that, Let's just make some noise for him saying it. Why is it the worst ever?
Speaker 3: Because nobody nobody following now nobody, no money.
Speaker 2: They're just following the money right now. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They're not even thinking about what's really real. But you know, they said, fuck it sound.
Speaker 2: Good, put it out. It's a melody, you look good.
Speaker 3: Put it out.
Speaker 2: Were even some pictures. Put it with one of them pretty bitches, and you got a good melody.
Speaker 3: Right now? Is that it could be social media, but at the end of the day, it's still the person that got that money. So is that is that it is?
Speaker 2: Is it nowadays? It's just like a melody and a luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because the real ship is underground. We're the ones just looking for the real people underground. Were looking for that diamond in the rock. And then it's not even the diamond because they coming right at us.
Speaker 2: We just have to have time. And then you're still so busy. You see.
Speaker 3: That's how busy you still is. You can't even see the diamond in the roughs at times. Well, that's why they call them the diamond and the roughs because they're hard to find.
Speaker 5: And when you're looking for one, two, three, you'll visit me. Man, let me tell you something. You're a pioneer. I'm trying to roll up, you roll up, hold up, and let me just tell you something.
Speaker 2: Let me just tell you something.
Speaker 5: When we started, everybody relaxed when we started this podcast. We started this and we wanted to do something for our pioneers, for our kings, for our legends.
Speaker 3: That's something for me.
Speaker 2: I'm happy for it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: We needed you, well, we didn't want you, We needed you. The spirit brought me right here because you're a great person. This is how we always bump into each other always. We don't have to call each other nothing always. I never had your number, but you're bump into out.
Speaker 3: Right there.
Speaker 2: You know, you're a great guy.
Speaker 3: And why don't.
Speaker 5: People salute our legends? The rock and roll gets saluted.
Speaker 3: I really can't answer that one question because I'm still trying to figure that out myself, because you know, you know, I've been inducted to the Hall of Fame, so they say, But then rock and roll is not recognized as I am the hip hop's first solo MC. You know when I came in this game, it was no solo. It was three mcs. You had Grandmaster Flash with Mellie Mail, Ki Creole and Keith Cowboy. Then you had if you want to use band body. He had mister Biggs and mc globe in Pow Wow. There was no solo MC. And for me to be that, I didn't have a friend to say, come on you, me and you Tom and Jerry, or me and you Darsky and Hutch. You know what I'm saying, Let's do something together. So I didn't have that, but I liked it what they was doing on the microphone, so I know I can do that. And then again I have that distinctive voice that people remember because I mean, you know, at the end of the day, they still remember that ball with the ball, the dang, the dang, diggy diggy diggy, shake the boget, do the bang bang boget, do the.
Speaker 2: Ball with the ball and the day.
Speaker 3: So that that went from seventy seven, it's two thy seventeen.
Speaker 2: You understand what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, and it's right now my good Yeah. So see, and this is where I got my props in nineteen ninety eight from when I made the record. The original record was called making Cash Money on sugar Hill label. But then Kid Rock Rein did the song and he used my Ball with the Bob and we sold eleven million copies.
Speaker 2: You got to say that again, you got to say again, you got say it again. I made Trump Trump's hold me.
Speaker 3: I made a household word. Make some got that visit.
Speaker 6: You got that.
Speaker 3: Because Kid Rock had two albums before on Warner Brothers. He had two albums. It sold sixty units. You know, he made a little noise. But when he did the Devil without a Cause and then my song was the main song. I mean, it proves in the certified I gotta I got.
Speaker 2: A diamond out that I never went just I'm diamond.
Speaker 3: So kid Rock became a household word off of some black ghetto hip hop ship. But they let you know that even if he had to sample that, right, he has an about it, right. But he came to me. He came to me in ninety eight. I was in l A doing The Wild Style, and I was this movie called The Wild Style and we was doing the reunion and Kid Rock was there and and me, I was on my star ship.
Speaker 2: The white boy came up to me, you.
Speaker 3: Know, busy bee. You know, I want to use the ball with the ball.
Speaker 2: I want to put it on the record, and I'm on my star ship. I'm paying it no mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, put the ship on. He said, nah, I need you to come. I want you to sign so there don't be in no trouble. I said, mann, fuck it. If I make some money, then fuck it. You you came to me. I want some goddamn money. He said, hey, b okay, I'm gonna treat you right, man. And then all of a sudden, ninety nine I heard the song. I was in the cab doing the race. I'll get ready to do a podcast. I never signed, right, he did, be right, I'm rich. Shout out to keep for that right, so she shout off the kid rock. Because he definitely kept a hip hop.
Speaker 2: He's on hip hops.
Speaker 3: The most important for he kept his world. He definitely kept his word because he's I told his world. I said, Yo, just go aha and do this ship.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: If we make some money, I call you motherfucking you hit me off. He said, be okay, no doubt, no doubt. Because I was in my star ship. I was doing wild style, you know, and I was all my sho, I'm smoking and drinking the fuck out.
Speaker 2: Of here, you know what.
Speaker 3: But the ship blew up and then and then I was doing the podcast. I was going to eighty eight point nine in New York with me there. I saw he was good to do the same ship. And I was in the cab and the song was on the radio, and all of a sudden, I kept hearing Bob with the ball but and I'm singing along right, and I said, wait a minute. And then you know, so my I called my he said he I told you the white Boy kid Rock.
Speaker 2: I said, oh, ship, yo, I didn't know. I didn't know it's sold, you know, as many copies.
Speaker 3: So at that point in time, it was already a million copies with million point five and I was like, oh shit, wow. And then ship time went on. When I got the plaque, it was three point five. So I'm like, oh ship.
Speaker 2: And then I finally got a check. I got a check for the.
Speaker 3: First check, said keep it one. My first check was seventy five thousand dollars and I never I never through hip hop, I've never received a check over ten thousand dollars. So when I saw that, I fell to pieces because I know I don't have a bunch of kids, and I know nobody's gonna get under this money. So it's gonna work for me and my wife and you know what I'm saying, and my friends like that, right. So I didn't have no kids. I had two daughters, and so I was cool with that and I went on with that. And then after that time went on and they said, be well, it's still climbing, and this is like two thousand and two. I'm like, still climbing, damn, what the fuck? And then kid Rock was blowing up, you know, if he was on TV every fucking web, and I'm being mine, so my ship is real today, you got to check basically. So then when he did that, like after a while, I just forgot about the ship for a while because you know, it wasn't my ship. I seen him on TV.
Speaker 2: I was happy.
Speaker 3: And then they hit me with seventy five million. I said what they said? I said, that's more than three platinum. They said, b y'all on the almost a diamond And I didn't know what the diamond was, well.
Speaker 5: Diamond, ten million, diamond.
Speaker 3: So the only person that was ten million was Hammer Shaggy. Shaggy did, what what's that ship?
Speaker 2: It wasn't me.
Speaker 3: It wasn't me. That's what your grammar at that time. At that time that that was the only people that was diming. I'm like, wow, we almost die, so that's cool. And out of that, I'm gonna see damn near half a million dollars. I said what, and I just went, you know, it's just time went on.
Speaker 5: Then we were letting clear your record. That's that's that's the point of the story.
Speaker 2: And that kid rocks real. Mother, we can't say kid rocks real. I'm just not saying not basically trying to run for.
Speaker 3: Crazy. Now that.
Speaker 5: The thing is, he did represent but at the same token, it was like Viz didn't know, he didn't know how far it was gonna go, but he did keep it real.
Speaker 3: And this is what I say about D. I go back to D because Kumo D started that bullshit in nineteen eighty eight. Yo, yo, bj B put the bob to the barll bullshit on hole. I put it on hole. I put it on whole to nineteen ninety eight, and then I brought it back out and I saw eleven million.
Speaker 6: Cause now I hit Kumo D back with his ship because on D made a song all all right, look like me now right, okay, hold, because you gave.
Speaker 14: Me the ali Okay, you gave me the allio. How did the ship start with you at cool? He was jealous because I was getting money. I was a flying motherfucker he was. He was with the Treacherous Three. He wanted to be a solo MC so in order to do that.
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait, because y'all was down together effort no hell, he wanted to be sold from his.
Speaker 3: Group right because they had to split that money. Man, they made five hundred dollars. Man three motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: Man, I was the highest back then.
Speaker 3: I was the high. It's paid called the solo n C. So if I made five hundred, do I made five hundred dollars? You gotta remember you got the Cold Crush, the Cold Crush four. They made five hundred dollars. God you and advantage. You have the Punky four plus one more before they made it.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, though, So I'm sing.
Speaker 3: With these groups while they getting checks. They see me get my check. They going to White Castle. I'm going to be say, Charlie, you know the decision and then it went on the Apple Bee's and all that other ship. You know what I'm saying. But I was eating doing thing like that all on one second.
Speaker 5: Busy Be You're roll, Love you live on the podcast Happy Birthday, you live on the podcast where you at All Love.
Speaker 3: That's my love, Death Jam, that's my dog. That's why you called.
Speaker 5: You're on Houston. I have no idea why you're on. You gotta come up town. Sting Rays. We over here with Busy Be, nigga, I said, I'm here with Rob Love. You know what Busy Be said? He said, Rob Love from Death Jam. You gotta come over here with your fake death Jam card had sting Grades come through. Happy Birthday, Rob Love, you love you like Busy Be on your way.
Speaker 2: Let's go all right? One Love Lil.
Speaker 5: You know him and Port is the only niggas that they had the great ship right there, the great shift, The great part.
Speaker 3: Went too far.
Speaker 2: I feel like I went to.
Speaker 3: So Busy Be.
Speaker 5: Hip hop has grown soul much right, you've seen it from his infant stage. Is there anything that you could say?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 5: If I could do it over again, I would help change this part of hip hop.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I would try to keep the corporate people out of our business. They jumped into our business and then they did that for their sake, for their greed to save their companies, to save their jobs. Because the producer that found that guy saved his job because he was about to lose it because he wasn't creative enough to find out something commercialized to make us some money. So he found a fake rapper, or he found a real rapper and put him on TV and made him some money. Now again, I'm not mad at that, but real is real, and that other stuff is what y'all want to call it, So separate that too. Here here is a real MC for hip hop celebrating Coca Cola or Sprite or or Sony, whatever the case may be. Or here is a god we found that look good blindly blising. Separate that. Let us know because hip hop is strong. Man, you come to us for everything. Y'all need our help. We got the black people, We got the white people that will do anything we tell them to do on the record if they agree. But if y'all do it the wrong way, y'all use us at the end of the day to blame us for your fault. And that ain't our fault. Rap is something we do. Hip hop is something we live. That's what it is, man.
Speaker 2: So if you could change anything, what would it be.
Speaker 3: Again, the corporations tell them to come come see the real roots of what y'all are producing on the street that's not real. You can help the real people because the real people need that help with that same thing that you have, that same idea you have. There's a real guy that can do that, and if the real people see him do that, then they'll believe in what you're saying.
Speaker 2: But you got a fake guy doing that. They don't even believe him.
Speaker 3: Because that fake guy was on tvm Z that wasn't on y'all commercial at this time and told us the real shit we gonna want him. Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 15: Yeah, do you think that without the corporate people coming in the way they came and you think that like rappers or musicians to make will be as will make as much money.
Speaker 2: As the Yeah, because the talent speaks for self. Okay, music speaks for self.
Speaker 3: You got Stevie Wonder records, Ray Charles records that y'all still rocking to today, James Brown today. They made them forty years ago, so when I'm older than y'all, So it speaks for itself. The talent speaks for self, authenticity. Guys. You know, the fake stuff don't last. It'll last two years, three years. So if you're lucky, then you get caught on something and then it's over right, right right. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: God damn, I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I'm seventy seven, y'all, it's two seventeen.
Speaker 2: I'm born in seven. I'm forty years old.
Speaker 7: I was born.
Speaker 3: I'm a snoop dogg.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me tell you, clubs, I'm gonna tell you something about your yourself physic be I've seen you everywhere, different countries, different states, different properties, different cities, different whatever. And you're always happy. And you always got the weed too. You always got the weed. You're always happy. And in case you don't understand how important you are to the culture or important you are to hip hop, important you are, we're gonna tell you tonight, and we're gonna tell you, in front of your face, how much we fucking love you.
Speaker 3: How much anywhere I see you, I drop whatever.
Speaker 2: The fuck I'm doing. I'll give you a fucking hug, and I'll let you know I love you.
Speaker 5: But in case you didn't know that, or you didn't understand how much hip hop has to sit.
Speaker 3: Down and bow to you.
Speaker 5: Literally everybody that's doing hip hop from a Bugie to them Jones to whatever.
Speaker 2: When they see you, they should literally go like this.
Speaker 3: Shut up fact.
Speaker 2: And if they don't, I'm gonna do it for them.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: But that's what it is, man.
Speaker 3: I mean at the end of the day, again, that's just respect. I respect that and all I can do is just keep going. No, but your hip hop riorty, that's what's up.
Speaker 5: And the thing about it is if we should all bow down to you every single time we see you, because you don't ask for your bow that, you don't ask for your respect. You just sit there and you show love to everybody. I see you, I watch you show love to everybody's regardless.
Speaker 2: But that's not tonight. Tonight it is we're showing love.
Speaker 3: To you God with Diamond, that's what's up.
Speaker 2: And he's still getting kid rock money.
Speaker 3: Let's make.
Speaker 5: This nigga listen. Man, you gotta be respected, you gotta be saluted. You have to be because in every other genre of music, when a person gets old or a person has a certain amount of years, they salute them. Hip hop is the only genre, the only generation when you get older and the mother, well, we got this guy, this guy, I want to change that.
Speaker 3: That's what this podcast is about. That's what this ship is about.
Speaker 5: Like, yo, let us let us salute us, right because we know that. So they've been ticking us. They've been telling us you don't know me, yo, yo, why you don't interview new artists when I say they got how ninety seven right, he got power on five. I choose to interview motherfuckers thirty and upright because I want.
Speaker 2: To interview legends. You want to hear the real stories, and I want to interview people that innovated me, that motivated me and said, you know, I come to the Browns. You're brown smitherfucker.
Speaker 3: All these niggas.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow, but smoking but busy me. I don't want you to ever forget or ever lose focus on how much hip hop you every day.
Speaker 3: That's the only person paid me is kid rock. Hip Hop never gave me no you know, I traveled around like that. You know, I never got no shows and stuff like that regularly on TV show change that.
Speaker 5: We're gonna change that like that, you know, but that's what it is. But basically, Bing, I just want you to be clear. You're a legend, right, Capone knows your legend. If it knows your legend, we all know your legend, and we're gonna sit here.
Speaker 3: We're gonna celebrate your life.
Speaker 5: We're gonna celebrate your accolades, We're gonna celebrate your accomplishments, and we're gonna celebrate you and for you being who you fuck you are and giving your whole life to fucking hip hop right history.
Speaker 3: It's just like perfect my birthday, I'm a scorpio. My birthday Saturday was Saturday. That's we ain't gonna pop out a yeah, we didn't have far.
Speaker 2: We're doing it like that. YO, give me, give me that, give me that topic. What is that top?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 16: So?
Speaker 3: So? How did how did the battle go with you? And see that wasn't a battle, It wasn't. It was called it was called a DJ convention. It was the MC and DJ Convention. Was that in nineteen eighty one? And that was like when me and AJ we we did all of those parties back then. We was the one hiring everybody, We was the one paying everybody. And then again it was only a handful of us. You had the cold crush, you had did all the fantastic fives, the four and D it was. It wasn't a lot of hence pioneers, why right, so and then you know you didn't have a lot. So we used to always give conventions and MC convention, so everybody that was in m C and the DJ come on that original out conference and show love and everything, and then we have a little contest on the mic and see we do that, and that's what that was.
Speaker 2: That's all. That's all that was.
Speaker 3: No he came at me because I didn't know nothing about it. It was like ambush. I got ambushed it that night by coom o D two. Where is that? After all the thing is over and everybody happy and we get ready to party and then the person get on. I say, oh, hold y'all, hold up, don't go nowhere.
Speaker 2: We got one more at your event, right, we got one more person.
Speaker 3: We got Coolmo D from the Treacher's Tree want to get down. And everybody oh okay because they know about the treacher stree and then you know, so cool o D so Kumo D get on stage. Right, Hey, y'all heard about Busy b rocked the party. I give it to him.
Speaker 2: He's the greatest of doing this this. But I just want to say this, about this and this and that.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, busy beef, but I don't mean.
Speaker 5: To be bold.
Speaker 2: Put the ball, Put the ball bullshit on hold, and everybody just starts back.
Speaker 3: Then you know where they say laughing weed to say, oh, he's snapping on you. So we say, oh shit, he just snapped on busy crazy and everybody went crazy. And then he went into his little rhyme and everybody just went crazy. And I'm downstairs, I'm smoking weed and drinking champagne, doing the same ship right now, and I'm hearing all the ship upstairs. I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: And Nigga yr Bez, Oh shit, your MODI upstairs?
Speaker 3: He going off on you. I'm like, you deal. Yeah, I knew more D from church the street. Okay, you know, but he wasn't no friend of mine, no ship like that. You had no idea what he was on you, right? No? No, hell, you know the promoter has something to do with it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm telling you what up.
Speaker 3: And he wanted to leave his group.
Speaker 2: He got tired of spending that money.
Speaker 3: You understand what motherfucker? And you see this, you got to be mine and doing getting money all the time, right, I was the only I was the highest paid solo m C. He said, ship, I gotta try to get some of this ship, somebody some retrospects.
Speaker 2: Are you mad at him because he's fat and ugly?
Speaker 3: Day?
Speaker 10: But you know the facilities, and you know, I didn't even get to hear the whole scenario into the tape. I had to tape the next day and I'm like, oh wow, So I had to call him back out and come on, you want the battle now?
Speaker 3: We're going to battle now, motherfucker. We go to go to the Fever where everybody was at and known for the disco Fever. Bring your ass on Jerome avenueomet Yeah, bring your ass to the motherland.
Speaker 2: And that's good damn.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: So and then after that people understood, Okay, see rockets back, where's from? He's from? He from Harlem? Remember what the juice? You remember where the juice with Tupacs right right from there?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You made him come to the Bronx, right, so you gotta come to take it from You gotta come to the Bronx now. But this is where everybody going to be at mud and let's do this ship start from a scratch. Then what happened?
Speaker 2: And then I just did what the funk I do?
Speaker 3: So, so what was the boss like when you when you came?
Speaker 2: What was the boss.
Speaker 16: I got?
Speaker 3: What was the balls like when you went at them?
Speaker 2: What happened? What was the first thing you said? Bars the first because it's deep you want.
Speaker 3: I think I'll be aginning telling him from the streets to California to the show is the main people. They're like the way I run my game because I got style and I got classed, but I don't pop my ship too fast, got the PhD, got the master's degree, I'm being talked about off for coffee and tea, and I float like the butterfly, stain like a beach, and there is no other than rocks like me.
Speaker 2: And I think that was about the.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a It wasn't a Battle with the Marie in seventy seven. No, no, no, now.
Speaker 2: But you know you know that.
Speaker 7: Also he's involved in one of the first hip hop movies, also Wild Style. We didn't talk Wildstyle because that that set a whole new HP hop as well, because at the end of the day, you got fabulous who is.
Speaker 2: Which is crazy? That and then, so I run into people like.
Speaker 3: Fabulous to say, b I watched that movie Wild Style, and see, people don't understand when we was rapping back in the days after the party, people went home and stuff like that. I came to the parties because see, you know, we got ouva today, but back then we had old Jay's the Godfathers. Those was our uvas today, you know what I'm saying. So we could pick out a luxury car called Godfather Kole Jack. He was from the Bronx to get the nice ze, right, which is.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: So I when they called me to do that scene, I came in that and they when I pulled up in that, they said, oh shit, Yo, we're gonna keep that right there.
Speaker 2: Yo, this is a documentary right here.
Speaker 3: That's my calf. Driver made a couple extra dollars because I said, hey, listen, they gonna pay you a couple of dollars, stay with me. And back then with just twenty dollars for one hour, and I'm riding around in town giving forty dollars. I'm riding around on a limo looking like Hollywood anyway from TV. Now, I'm just trying to play, you know what I'm saying I'm going to the scene in the limos, and they was fucked up with that, so.
Speaker 2: They said, let's keep that right there.
Speaker 3: So you know, pull up in that bi you get in the car put lically and all that, y'all drink the champagne and y'all stay in the car and talk.
Speaker 2: And that's that's how that scene came in.
Speaker 3: When I'm staying saying fabulous, and I was saying, be that was the fly ship over the mall.
Speaker 2: You get to the hotel, you put the money on the bed, start talking to b ship.
Speaker 3: So they use that as swag back then for me, they say, yo, that's some flash because everybody started doing that after the whole after they party, they go to the hotels, get some girls, smoke some weed, get some champagne and go to the hotel.
Speaker 2: Because that's what I did in the scene, and I want to throw it out there. My peep was Burgundy just now definitely definitely sick in a different way.
Speaker 6: My friend.
Speaker 2: That it came up burgerdy, that it came out looking like that loud fuck job your stuff back. You got drink. He was way too loud over there. You you can do the Hennessy ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Almost Champagne got me.
Speaker 2: That's why we connected. Don't get that. Don't get that. Every time you drinking, you're a Champagne nigga.
Speaker 5: I remember.
Speaker 3: School nigga drinking smet.
Speaker 2: You want to do some rock you drink? You know you know that rock rose?
Speaker 5: You said, normally drink flowers. Give listen, listen, got to relax. The reason why I starting this show is we want to give our legends. They flowers when they can smell them. They they trees when they get hello, the trees when they get hello.
Speaker 2: The drinks and they thoughts when they can think of them, and they drinks.
Speaker 3: When they can drinking.
Speaker 2: I'm drinking mine, man.
Speaker 13: Better because we are sting Raised. Let's not forget where we are. U s a sting rais drink chances and.
Speaker 3: Up you look.
Speaker 2: Look do you see him the owner?
Speaker 3: He got spur.
Speaker 2: Yeah that jingle. I think you're walking around ding ding You know I to a ram, but I say, sperm right here, right here, you.
Speaker 3: Only put your.
Speaker 2: The only country nigga love jackons sting Raise.
Speaker 3: What's the address? Give us the address?
Speaker 5: One fifty fifth Avenue, twenty one fifty fifth Avenue.
Speaker 17: If you never had lemon wings. I don't know what kind of wings this, but rocher joints, so rocher. I'm not gonna lie. I finger lick to my liquors. I have no idea what I meant, but it's so fantastic.
Speaker 8: The wings go.
Speaker 3: And this guy he's such sting rays. You gotta come up here. You gotta come up You gotta come up here.
Speaker 2: You gotta visit me.
Speaker 3: I'm here in Harlem, y'all. You this is your first time the sting rays? Yes, my first time. Okay, well it won't be it won't be.
Speaker 2: Yes, And you see we got the magnums might move. Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: We love you know. But I didn't see it that far in the beginning, Okay, I didn't think like that. I just thought it was almost something, almost something like what our parents was talking about.
Speaker 2: It's a fade. It's not gonna last you like that.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't. And then because I saw the Pepsi commercial quick you know Mter Freeze from the Breakdancers. He did a commercial with Pepsi and they had a movie called Flash Dance. And when I saw that, I said, it's on I knew it was on because if they started with the breakdancers, they're going to get to the m c's. And they did with Sprite. Sprite made us rich, Sprite made us happy, you know. And then it went on from Sony.
Speaker 2: One of the life big sponsors and their Gap. You know, they start they started reaching out. Then Gap got ahold of it.
Speaker 3: So whoever is that was in those industries that was the corporate person that had to make commercials or to make their person some money, they came to hip hop to save their jobs and to save you know, help us get money, but to save their jobs. So if they was making one hundred thousand a year for what they was doing, when they finally found a rapper or a breakdancer or an MC to help their people make some more money, they probably presidents now somewhere.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Now most artists I probablyized to cutting you off from my brother, but most artists that has been down as long as you've been down.
Speaker 3: People say that they're better, right, They say that most of these gods, some.
Speaker 2: Of them are, some of them all I bump into my peers. Yes they are, and they have good reason to be better.
Speaker 3: Do you think no, Because again, if I can wait, I'm just like you. I am you be together your period. If you haven't just bumped into the right person at that right time, or if you're not running around to chase what what we invented to let people know who you are, then you're not going to get it because nobody's gonna wake up.
Speaker 2: And say, oh well, I thought about BLO and call you.
Speaker 3: But if they see you, you got to create your own look.
Speaker 2: And if they see you and.
Speaker 3: You look like you're supposed to look, because I mean again, I'm a double nickel. I'm still happy, I'm still drinking champagne, I'm still smoking the same shit. I mean, what the fuck? But but why?
Speaker 5: Because I mean, to be honest with you, your attitude is one of the most beautifulest pie is ever right, So why like you like.
Speaker 3: The pickest lid? Why are you like Okay, I'll do it like this, Okay, hip hop changed when we'll be the Negro League, not the major league, not the major league, and you got the.
Speaker 18: Negro League league and then we came I would be sat you page in the Negro League and I'm fucking He's a famous picture still top grade and he was at the top of his prime.
Speaker 3: But he was forty, right, Jackie Robinson. Jackie Robinson was twenty right, he was younger. That'll be run in d m C right for me killed.
Speaker 2: They came out with the second three.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to whereas they said, Okay, we want to make records and put ourself, but you too old because maybe I had face shoes stuff on my face and you cut that. That wouldn't appeal to the people as we put on TV for our stuff. So these young guys can save the suck MC and then they got the didas with no strings. Nobody was doing none of these things to people start wearing. The coaches start changing because people start hearing these songs and hearing these people, they started visualizing seeing it. It was a difference. See, MTV wasn't showing what we was doing. They got a chance to people start seeing that. The Beastie Boys didn't even wasn't on the radio. So they sold a million copies of records. How because they was being seen on TV where we couldn't see it. Black folks didn't have cable.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: Right, that was the yard era of hip hop right and in my in my mind, I could be wrong, and you correct me anytime. But then NAS came out with it out right, and when Nanas came out with out in my mind.
Speaker 3: But we had MTV, we had your MTV rats, we had Ralph McDaniels, we had more rights.
Speaker 5: But when n came well to me, it felt like to me and I could be wrong, and you can tell me you're totally wrong, but I wonder I would love your opinion. When Nask that album came up, did it change the error like it changed the course of hip hop?
Speaker 2: You know, it changed the east Side. It came back to it the east side.
Speaker 3: It helps what you just said.
Speaker 2: It came back with the east Side to Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now you gotta talk that fly ship, that real ship, because this kid here is bananas. If you ain't talking with this motherfucker talking about then you just making records. But if you're trying to be a hit, follow this motherfucker right here, and that's what's happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel I feel so hip hop right there, because that's exactly the way I would have answered that question and make some thought.
Speaker 2: Now compone, you're here, Boom, why are you coupon.
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 8: How you doing, black man?
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 2: You got you drinking a lot of ship you too, and you're looking good. And we made you change your shirt earlier.
Speaker 3: Keep it.
Speaker 2: I didn't change it.
Speaker 3: Change. Don't say why.
Speaker 8: We're not going to say why, so change my shirt?
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 5: So hip hop, so hip hop, hip hop has gave so much to everybody, right, what does hip hop owe anybody?
Speaker 3: Well? Hip hop owe me nothing, really, because I mean.
Speaker 2: This hip hop anybody anything, Well.
Speaker 3: I doubt it because I've been around the planet and I'm not in the army, never been in the army, Navy, Marines, and I've seen all I've seen.
Speaker 2: I've been around the planet. The only place I haven't been on this planet Earth is Russia.
Speaker 3: I've been to Russia.
Speaker 2: It's not great. It was the worst experience of my lify, Okay.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to go. Don't go, trust me, don't go to Africa. In Africa, I mean, everybody say, be you got to go, but I don't want to go because they say you got to take news.
Speaker 2: I'm scared of it. I'm gonna be there. You gotta get that, you gotta.
Speaker 7: Come to.
Speaker 3: So those are only two places I haven't been. I've been to Australia, I've been to Germany. I've been to London. I've been been like several places there with you right right here, I've been everywhere. But other than that hip hop, do me up, because I saw the I saw the world to where I can come home and tell my friend, I understand where that Chinese person don't want to talk to you because I understand. I've been to China to where it's like now I understand where I'm in America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all got me now because I say, hey, you.
Speaker 3: Give me French fries and and they don't understand me till where you're in America, you just know short fried rice and that's what you want, and they're going to serve you that. So now when you for something different, I said, hey, do you know where Tony City at? I gotta go to that And they say shoe Shane Shange, Shane height. I said, is that that way? Height? That means no, motherfucker, I'm going that way. He said, yeah, Hey, hey, I'm thinking, yeah, that's the right way to go. That's the wrong motherfucker. So you know, you learn coaches you learn, so when they come back, that's there and you go to certain places and say, all right, hold up, I'm gonna respect everything you want me to do, so I get the right ship. You know what I'm saying, because at the end of the day, you ain't trying to listen to what they're saying. They trying to talk to you, dcent you still distance your dissing them. They hear that ship, but you don't hear that ship they telling you.
Speaker 5: So you know you have the bandage us one hundred percent the truth because I kid you not. I'm in Absida.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: I said the story earlier. But I went to the bike lane, this mad bike lane, so I stopped. Somebody in the bike land said you know what to get cigars? The busy beacon downstairs, and I was stressed. He looked at me and said, what's wrong, little nigga. In my mind, that's what he said. I said, I find no fucking cigars, no please, And he said you want.
Speaker 2: Papers, because you have papers? Want papers.
Speaker 5: I said, I'm a cigar, nigga, Come on, and then Nigga said follow me and he and not only he gave me.
Speaker 3: Cigars, well, he also showed me that Marlborough Greens. It's new points and you're right, make some.
Speaker 2: Noise that.
Speaker 3: Said. I said, he's the same ship. I said, give me, he said, give me, he stops, he said, oh ship, don't give me another pack.
Speaker 5: Listen, man, I can't appreciate you so much because the thing about it is this, But me and my partner E f N started this podcast. We wanted to honor our legends. We wanted to honor our pioneers. We wanted to honor the people that most people don't really look at and say, salute you and the people that inspired us and the people.
Speaker 3: That inspired us.
Speaker 5: So when we have a person like you in the building busy for want the fucking be we want to salute you.
Speaker 19: I want to let you know how much you appreciate. I want to thank you all for the block party. I feel right party pop.
Speaker 2: That magnum to because these two is going with like.
Speaker 3: Both right part we can't P'm gonna take this to the cribs. Keep that.
Speaker 2: I'm dropping that right now. Drink that.
Speaker 3: Drink that I gotta give it to Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen to me, right yeah, right back to me and the wife. We don't got no more about us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we gotta take a shot. We gotta take a shot down. Come on, take a shot, take a shot. Come on, where where the shot glasses?
Speaker 9: Come on?
Speaker 5: Brother, you've been looking at me the old time to make sure I'm good. And the shotglass bar you're not You're not involved.
Speaker 3: He did not kill that.
Speaker 2: You're a busy Bee man.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you something again. I thank y'all man, and then I int mind like this, let's not get it twisted. I am hip hop and I have always existed throughout these physical forms, in these new presents and times. Yes, I am still the chief rock of busy Bee. He don't want to thank y'all for y'all time. I want to big up.
Speaker 5: I want to big up my people zero minus. I want the bigger my people, Mike Bull, I want the bigg up chin being. Because at the end of the day, we didn't know that hip hop started out in the Bronx and Queen's right, because we listened to mc shan record he said hip hop started out on the dark, and we thought we really did it started there. But then when we did our research and we realized that it did start the bronx. The only thing we can do as human beings. It is big that up and sit there and respect it. But let me let me finish because you know why I want you to let me finish is because our legends don't be saluted. Our legends never is looked upon as if.
Speaker 2: As if they shouldn't.
Speaker 5: This is the problem with hip hop, Busy b is when you get old, when you get whatever, these people wanted to tell you.
Speaker 3: To go home, right, that's changed that.
Speaker 2: Me and you can do this. I'll tell you what. No, we're changing it right now, changing it right now. What we're doing. Let me finish business because you know why.
Speaker 5: Because in drink Champs, you don't have a fucking age, right, you don't have a fucking liability.
Speaker 2: That's what's up.
Speaker 5: We're sitting here and we fucking respect our fucking legends and we love them.
Speaker 2: This poem gun on the yellow hat.
Speaker 5: I have no idea why I just do that out there, right, ship hard yellow hat is hard for busy me. You one of the pioneers I see everywhere, and you always smiling, You're always happy, you always sit there and you show me love. And if I have a platform where I can give love back, and EFN could give a love back.
Speaker 3: There's no motherfucking way in the history.
Speaker 2: Of niggerdom.
Speaker 5: That I will not have this platform and not show you the love that you fucking respect you deserve. I appreciate that and you fucking honored. We on behalf of all of us because the CNEFN CNE, Drink Champs, Murder Unit, Dog Down, Millertainment, crazy Hood, crazy Hood one Left, Rock City, right fifty seven and a Vernon Boulevard, Tim Street, Twelfth Street, we all want to collectively come together and say busy Be, we love you absolutely, We're going to continue to love you. And tonight I wanted you to be my guest host. I wanted him to help host rock him.
Speaker 3: But but.
Speaker 5: Right, But guess what that means, That that that that this is not going to end. We're going to continue to do it. It's sting rays. What's the addressing race? Get twenty one, fifty come over here, nigger, come over here.
Speaker 2: You know you say it, Mike say it, even Mike twenty one. We're gonna come ahead and stay with and Harlem and we're gonna do.
Speaker 5: It because you know why if the people ain't gonna respect our people. Guess what, fuck them people, and we're going to continue to respect our own people.
Speaker 2: Right and Busy Be. We want you to know you could come anytime you want to.
Speaker 3: Come, right.
Speaker 2: You can guess host, you can co host, you can bro host. I'm coming man, You can do.
Speaker 5: Whatever you want because you want to see the impact that this has when you on here.
Speaker 2: But we love you, Busy Be. Thank you.
Speaker 3: We will never ever ever stop loving you. And hip hop has to love you as well has one coca. So he got give me my Oh my god, you know, I feel like I gotta relax the phone.
Speaker 8: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You ready? Shallow Lollo? What busy b one? Two?
Speaker 2: Great business? God he killed that he got? Oh dear the fell right other stuff, the.
Speaker 3: Chase hang what baby?
Speaker 2: That one lets I feel like dark day?
Speaker 3: So we got another.
Speaker 2: Let me tell tell my niggas. Forty dames were you at I'm.
Speaker 3: Come Monday?
Speaker 20: You know over there right right right right one nigga you got get right right one nigga w forty forty thieves, Big Dude's forty thieves.
Speaker 3: Rest in peace.
Speaker 2: Small and Brando we love.
Speaker 16: Camera.
Speaker 3: Everybody makes him.
Speaker 21: Now, So what's going on my brother being a part of the legendary You were signed the violator, correct, No, No.
Speaker 22: We were signed to initially rough House, RockA Block Columbia initially, and then rough House dropped out and there was RockA Block Columbia.
Speaker 5: So how does it feel, man? You got there'll be because you're still a hip hop legend. People you gotta respect you.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we're a legend.
Speaker 23: But one thing that I want to say is rest in peace to my man Molon Brando. We salute a lot of a lot of our fully heroes. My Man Brando died a hero.
Speaker 5: A lot of people play into that, explain that, well, you know, we we should, we should live up a lot of hip.
Speaker 2: Hop heroes that.
Speaker 3: Got murdered. My man died saving a child, God bless you know what I mean. So he's a hero, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And and you want to detail all that exactly how that happened.
Speaker 3: Well, so that would be somebody in the hip hop culture that represented we we we remember I remember with Tom christ right right and not and be more right so so so so at the end of the day, when when you say that that's one of the members of the group passed away.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, Chris hit me with that. And so so when you say.
Speaker 3: Because he is a member of the hip hop culture, you know, doubt and sporty thieves exactly that, and and and and we a shout out that. But then you said that he did something and my brother, he did.
Speaker 23: His selfless love, selfless, selfless as which is super dope, super dope.
Speaker 3: Right. Unfortunately, the culture that we live in, right, took him out for that. People.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, What what I'm saying is for hip hop, right, a lot of people get killed.
Speaker 3: It's part of it's part of the culture that we live. Right. For someone to.
Speaker 23: See a car coming, push a little kid out the way and take that head, that's super dope.
Speaker 3: That's that's super dope, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean. And we didn't you know, sporty thieves, chief skate pigeons and all that.
Speaker 24: We do have a illustrated career whatever, but you have we have we have a hero for hip right, And that's what you know what I mean, right, That's that's what's And.
Speaker 3: Never hear.
Speaker 2: King Kurt was gonna happy birthday, King Kurt know, And what I gotta say to you because I feel like you need to hear this as well.
Speaker 25: You shout it us out on the podcast before when he was talking about the whole hip hop union and all that, which was super dope, which.
Speaker 3: We need, we need, we need.
Speaker 5: Well, I want to say it to you in your face. Okay, sporty things, you your whole brother, your union. You'll appreciated, of course.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 3: We love Y's right, and we love hip hop.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 5: And we love hip hop and we love we love love my brother. What I want to do is to make hip hop shoulders.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 26: And hold on, hold hold hold on, hold on you know, you know we just shows together all that. Yeah, I just want to say, yo, I'm.
Speaker 3: Proud of you, my brother, thank you. So I'm proud of you, my brother. Thank you. So Yo, we got Rob.
Speaker 6: And I did.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something, Robbing. Rob can't go bath, Rob Daddy, Rob puff Daddy.
Speaker 5: And my mother has the same fucking birthday, So I always text you two days before your birthday.
Speaker 2: I always seasons here.
Speaker 27: I always hit Rob mother fucking Rob Love in the buildings and Rob Love when he when he had it, he had it, and he was holding us down here.
Speaker 7: Artist me on the on the promo side, and we girls all waiting were all today. I love you to.
Speaker 2: Drink yap side.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: How you feeling?
Speaker 3: Rob great man?
Speaker 2: Great to do you nineteen nineteen and a half and half and half half older me half someone that.
Speaker 4: Look, man, can I can we do a birthday shotty?
Speaker 3: My love?
Speaker 2: He said, is good with me?
Speaker 3: BF? Did he work birthday?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's that's how I get it.
Speaker 3: You got to take you.
Speaker 2: You were really good.
Speaker 3: I got you know what. I'm not a.
Speaker 2: Dickhead, and I'm waiting the end.
Speaker 3: I represented. So did he changed his name?
Speaker 2: But lovedy man? Probably so?
Speaker 3: Did he?
Speaker 2: Did he change his name?
Speaker 3: And love?
Speaker 2: Did he change his name?
Speaker 4: Love?
Speaker 2: I appreciate that respect that.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: I respect that in front of you and let.
Speaker 3: Anybody up. You're my man.
Speaker 16: I need some wings and my other shrimp joints. Shrimp joints off the chain. You want to shout this mother shouting shot holdie.
Speaker 3: So lit'sten.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. I gotta speak.
Speaker 3: I gotta speak, single bro, tell these people they gotta relax.
Speaker 2: Hold up, listen, go ahead, the fact is.
Speaker 5: We are representing hip hop every single moment of our fucking show, and hip hop will be represented every single morning.
Speaker 3: Off can shut and Rob Love. If we don't.
Speaker 5: Represent you, we ain't hip hop. Rob Love, we love you. I don't know why I'm taking the another shot.
Speaker 2: It's not the business.
Speaker 3: Got not win them. It's not good.
Speaker 2: Daniel is amazing, but not right now. I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: That's not a good.
Speaker 2: That's not at what you did today.
Speaker 5: What was going on?
Speaker 4: Went to the fight, you know what I'm saying. It was like a Tyson fight, real real ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It was exciting, you know what I mean? The first thing I did got up let.
Speaker 2: Us ask you.
Speaker 5: Let's actually because you know this is industry ship. How did you get in the business? Music business?
Speaker 4: Rob loves and foremost I wanted to be like Yo, I wanted to rap you got I got bars, I'm gonna do it. Come on, brother, I'm busy being I'm justa do anything. I'm behind the ropes, washing sneaking up on the Bronx and the last few bars. But you know there was better bars out there, so I said, hey, let me go behind the scenes. You know, what I'm saying, I know what the bars will do, but if you do it better then I do it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let you do it. I'm not gonna say nah, I'm gonna do it, and I'm just gonna be better than you. I'm gonna say, Yo, I'm gonna let you do it, but I'm do it this way or go or put it over here.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And that's how I kind of like caught the bug. And I was like, damn, you know what I'm saying. You need promotion, don king in it, and then you need marketing.
Speaker 4: Then you need a budget, then you need a platform, then you need a label, then you need T shirts.
Speaker 3: You you know what I'm saying, your dudes in the hoods and T shirts. That's definitely the greatest marketing plan I heard.
Speaker 2: He just broke down the whole market, the greatest market and.
Speaker 3: Most and most most of most of the cats that worked with me a death chain. They they were all wrappers or producers. You know, Skis because.
Speaker 28: On my team he started producing for you know what I'm saying. You know, on my team you're trying to say, you know what I'm saying, No, I you know I helped it. You gotta pass telling them you made that?
Speaker 3: Bro to who you said it? Tell no, I didn't make that getting together No no, No, that wasn't one doing, not at all.
Speaker 29: Okay, it's awkward. This is an awkward conversation. Just the energy, just the energy of the people that was, you know what I'm saying, supporting the team you know, you know went on to do different.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite era? Hiprop rock? I don't think I reached it yet.
Speaker 2: He's optimistic now he's dope.
Speaker 3: So you want to say that when you wasn't running around with death jam, that wasn't your favorite? Eerr, I think that was my sleep era.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, because you know you also called up caught up in the passion of it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know, the light wasn't bright enough for me to be waked to see all the business things that opportunities that could and the other opportunity.
Speaker 3: No, we created other opportunities, but you know what I'm saying. Just like.
Speaker 4: Just like hip hop, when people were putting Hennessy and different products into their lyrics, they didn't know that there.
Speaker 3: Was a check that they were supposed to get.
Speaker 4: Even the people that made Hennessy didn't know why they was, you know, selling a whole lot of more Hennessy for some apparent reason. I wasn't in their marketing playing that ship came from the streets, you know what I'm saying. So once they started evaluating the street, then they said, hey, the street guys are under something. We need to throw some money into them. And hip hop started eating everything that was in the Let me give.
Speaker 3: You a Rob Love story and after you, I want to have a person.
Speaker 2: Busy Bee, come over here, Busy you ain't got you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know what?
Speaker 5: Look look let me tell you. Let me tell you Rob Love right, I had a record, no records.
Speaker 3: You're not go home boy.
Speaker 5: I came to the party, had that record, I think right now, you know, and I went to everybody and I played it to them.
Speaker 3: They was like, that's it go. When I went to Rob Love's office.
Speaker 5: And I played it and Rob and you could stop me anytime lying. I played it for Rob Love. Now mind you, I'm supposed to play it for leol. I'm supposed to play it for Kevin Lows. When I came to Rob Love's office and Rob Love said, I played it for Rob Love. You tell me from lying at any moment. And Rob Love said, we're going to Flex tonight.
Speaker 2: That's what's you. You stopped me from lying at any point? And I said, damn, I kind of played for lee Or and Kevin Lys and.
Speaker 3: Rob said, fuck him. Stop at the point you stopping.
Speaker 1: I didn't say fuck the check right, No, I didn't say that, but in my mind I was like, I'm freaking what happened. What happened was okay, please?
Speaker 3: What happened was.
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: So you know, we just did came off the Grimy tour and we went all across the country. We should get up, ship the streets up, you know.
Speaker 6: It was dark.
Speaker 4: And then we came back and it was trying to schedule the album, right, nobody stopping. No one was scheduling the album.
Speaker 3: And it was like okay, and he was no.
Speaker 2: He was concerned.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, yo, but what do you got? What you got in your back pocket?
Speaker 2: And he was like, yo, I got this for real record, let me hear it.
Speaker 3: So I throw it in.
Speaker 4: Two seconds later, I'm like, so I called Flex automatically. It's just like I said, talling, Yo, yoe, he got the record. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Let's be clear. He says, YO, bring it to me. So at the time, now the station was.
Speaker 2: A little off limits. What happened.
Speaker 3: Happened.
Speaker 2: It was a shootout that I have no idea what.
Speaker 3: Happened was, but anyway, he wasn't allowed to come into the hot night it was.
Speaker 4: So we get to the station, We run out the building, you know, fools beat ahead. Get to the station and Flex opens a crack to.
Speaker 9: The door, like a crack, like, YO, give me the record. So we just lid it through the crack of the door and we went back downstairs.
Speaker 4: So we listening, like you know what I'm saying, seven o'clock comes you nothing going on.
Speaker 3: There's nothing going on, And I was like, yo, fuck that, I'm out here. So he leaves back. I said, fuck it, I'm gonna get some nice So then basket Robbins get his life drink.
Speaker 2: And then and the calls me like, yo, you know listening to the radios?
Speaker 3: No why He's like, YO, you're gonna turn on the radio.
Speaker 4: Flex was just talking for about half an hour straight, just telling people.
Speaker 3: I think this is where he probably got the Yo, if you're on the west side all the way, if you, if you, if you, if you, if you're doing something right now. It was a different it was a.
Speaker 2: Different wave right listen.
Speaker 3: Even for Flex to announce this record, it was so discussed.
Speaker 5: He was telling his poll over you niggas don't deserve to be driving and still into this record.
Speaker 4: So he's like, yo, I'm not going to commercial.
Speaker 3: So he fucked up hot night. He's having money on the advertisement side. He's like, yea, listen, I'm gonna talk about this record.
Speaker 4: Right now, and then he goes, yo, norwy, I need to hold this. So now everybody young was listening to Flex whatever you played it and drop bombs on. They like, Yo, that ship better be in my inbox. Philly was calling.
Speaker 3: Everybody's calling me, yo, what's up to this record?
Speaker 5: Because because Flex is playing with a record saying big Rob Love.
Speaker 3: So now he's in the building that was Flex with the the bus that wasn't me, so that he was on me for the record, right. So when I was like, when they pulled me in the office, yo, what's up. He's just taking record.
Speaker 2: It's going to radio.
Speaker 3: The fuck you think I can?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't why because the world needed to hear that record. The world needed to hear what the fuck I heard, which was nothing. Now that sounds crazy like hearing nothing, but that ship was the bomb.
Speaker 3: Yo, listen to me.
Speaker 5: Rob looked at me and said, we gotta go tonight. This is I went and played the records the four role and then all the CEOs was like, this is this one, and then Rob Loves came to me and said, listen, fuck everybody, we're going to flex tonight.
Speaker 3: I said sure.
Speaker 5: Because we had just got the master back, and Rob said, yes, we're going tonight. Fuck them and I could one hundred percent tel me and you was both in show damn.
Speaker 3: So we was so in trouble. So I made sure that it wasn't get that slip record.
Speaker 2: Technically. You definitely I did give it.
Speaker 3: Were definitely blamed it on me.
Speaker 5: It was my idea, but they never ever ever complained about it because it worked and Rob Love, we.
Speaker 4: Want to thank you for that ten thousand plus plays on commercial radio. It opened up the budget, the album was scheduled, he went on another tour.
Speaker 3: The money opened up. We just it was nothing but love. We love you, We love you.
Speaker 2: I want to take it down twenty notches. This is personal actually a personal question.
Speaker 3: No, it's not that serious. Maybe is not gonna.
Speaker 7: Probably air this part bucket but online version. But when when when you hired us to be me to be the street team manager in Miami?
Speaker 30: Definitely let me let me just yeah, because I'm going to say my brother, my younger brother, I'm a little old man and we're born on the same day and you know, you know.
Speaker 3: But definitely, where is going.
Speaker 4: I don't even know where he's going with yeah ship, if it wasn't deaf, it wasn't ship.
Speaker 3: Good, so that boy is good too.
Speaker 7: I ain't gonna you know, but it's my question because this is I've been debating this in my I don't know where this goes. I know when because I was working the Tommy Boy account when when they was in penalty and when he moved over, he told me, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To bring you over.
Speaker 7: I want you to work my ship at death jam but also my homie rest in peace, Doc Fresh.
Speaker 3: Yes, and matter of fact, his birthday is today too. That is my brother.
Speaker 7: And he told me also he I'm gonna give you the account. So I want to know because it's It's like, I don't know how did it happen? Was it a combination of both?
Speaker 4: I can tell you absolutely, I'll tell you exactly what happened. But let me just salute you, Gene, Doc Fresh, Robinson and Fat Green shout out to him, d J Well trust you negatives in Miami. And the interesting thing about Doc Fresh, he.
Speaker 2: Told me he had a rapper fat Man Promotions is his.
Speaker 3: Tram fat Man Promotion.
Speaker 4: He told me he had a rapper that he wanted me to look at because he he knew that he'd be a great fit for death Cham And before I can go down and sign Florider, Doctor Fresh passed away. So rest in peace to Doc Fresh fat Man Promotions. But to answer your question, yes, he said to me. He said to Lee, he's in too me.
Speaker 16: If anybody has a car parked on Fifth Avenue, this is drink Cha is the way it goes down Fifth Avenue the marathon.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, Just talk to me.
Speaker 3: Let me, let me tell you, Let me tell you, tell you how it was a combination of Freshness.
Speaker 4: You're right, your friend approval without a doubt. And definitely you know because me and Nor we were so in sync on what was needed to win. God, God, if I needed that, you know what I'm saying, Like that was a no brainer.
Speaker 3: You know, if he was cool and comfortable with you, he was cool and comfortable with me. His people was my people. So that's how it was. So whenever, you know what I'm saying, it was like, yo, who you work with? I rock with E f N.
Speaker 5: But let me describe that moment. Listen that moment it was. I had I had the record. I knew the record was crazy. I went to Rob.
Speaker 2: Loves office.
Speaker 5: And I said, Rob, and then Leo and everybody said, I like to other version.
Speaker 3: But I played it.
Speaker 5: But now Leo doesn't hear his version. Kevin Lobs doesn't heard the version. The only version horror. The version is just me and Rob Love.
Speaker 3: So I come and play it. Rob says to me.
Speaker 5: He looks at me. He says, nobody heard this. I said, nobody heard this. He says, are you ready to law? And I knew he meant we could get a dropped if it doesn't work. If it doesn't work, we can all go down the worst we ever went down. But he looked at me, he said, you sure you love it? I don't even remember if he actually listened to the record. He looked at me and said, this is it? Said, yeah, this is it. Rob, He said flex tonight. I did not agree with him at all, but I wanted to be like yes. I was like, yes, flex tonight, and we went the flex one hundred percent. I never agree with anything that.
Speaker 6: Rob.
Speaker 2: This is the first time I even telling you, and Rob said, fuck that, if you believe it.
Speaker 5: I really did believe in the record, but I didn't agree with going on the flex at that moment. And then this you have to This is the beautiful thing about that record is Flex played it three times, and you can tell Flex didn't listen to no three times when he played he just played there.
Speaker 2: He just going like this.
Speaker 5: And then the third time he goes holder, Rob Norri, you motherfucker's really good at records. And then he played it for three more hours, and they all looked at me and Rob Love prior to that and said, you motherfuckerss don't ever come back to the belt there.
Speaker 3: I got to coach it for you in him.
Speaker 5: And then after Flex played it sixteen times, they said be in the building first thing in the morning, because you put your job on the line.
Speaker 3: For me, and I did it every fucking day I walked into that building.
Speaker 4: Man, if I didn't believe in what I was doing, then I would say, fire me. If I didn't believe in you know, the Red Man mascot, then fucking fire me.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. If I ain't believe in Rapping Shine's Phantom, then fire me. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So all this shit that I did while I was there, I really believed in it, and you know, and I stood behind it. But a question for you, you okay, when you was recording that record, right, because it's kind of hey, it's got a dumble meaning, right, it's called nothing, and then your lyrics were it was.
Speaker 2: About nothing exactly.
Speaker 3: So I just thought it was genius.
Speaker 2: For I got he got on my nerves. He told me to do something.
Speaker 3: I did it, and that's it.
Speaker 2: I got a relax. Tell me, I got a relax.
Speaker 3: Tell me I got to get a new single. Cayenne to the Happy Birthday, Rob Love, thank you, I appreciate it. I love the drink.
Speaker 2: Chance No, we love you, we love you. We wrap it up. We have no idea while we're still here. Seventeen hours later. We've been here since o'clock. We're doing what we gotta do. Tall TV.
Speaker 5: We love y'all, and then we gotta do it. Happy Birthday one love y'all. Want to take another shot, I'm in.
Speaker 3: Next shot.