Speaker 1: Hey, I feel like that went good. Ladies and gentlemen. Racing with the Boys is feeled by America's number one sportsbook, Fandel. Boys were off the Echo Park Speedway down in Atlanta, a fast, unpredictable track where just about anything can happen. One minute, you've got a line of cars working together. The next minute the whole field gets shuffled, and all of a sudden, somebody that no one was talking about is racing for the wind. And if you're getting in on the race this weekend, FANDL has an offer you don't want to miss. Fandel is giving new customers up to one thousand dollars in bet resets. Here's how it works. Bet five dollars daily to unlock two hundred two hundred dollars and bet resets every day. That's right, New customers can five dollars bet each day and received up to two hundred dollars back in bonus bets daily, up to one thousand dollars in total. With the way this race of this track races, nobody is safe until the checkered flag. It's the kind of race where one late move can change everything. So whether you're backing up your favorites, taking a flyer on a dark horse, or building out your own race card with props and matchups plenty, there's plenty of action to get in on. Just head Tofandle dot com Forward slash Busting, place your first five dollar bet and let's go racing fun episode today. Let's get into it. Do you just want to get to the show? Let's do it well it hurts and Zane Smith, these two individuals turn left for a living. They grew up together in the same area doing Baja. Also Noah Gragson, friend of the show, who's been on here as well. All these guys grew up out West, one in Huntington Beach, the other one and Las Vegas, Nevada. Incredible time, can't wait right apost the boys. Dude, you've already pulled the Jamie thing. We've brought up Noah, he's an absolute psychopath. He came in here just absolutely gritting his face off, Like, what is the relationship between you three?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: Basically tell me your love story, dude, tell me how you guys met.
Speaker 3: I met him in a park before the first day of fourth grade, and my life has been changed ever since. I don't know if it's good for the good or bad? But yeah, day school.
Speaker 4: Started on Monday.
Speaker 3: I met him on Sunday throwing a football in a park and yeah, there's a photo of the three of us.
Speaker 4: We made a first off right there.
Speaker 1: I mean kind of nice. Right, that's getting about a little deal with a little bass in your hand.
Speaker 5: The carp is crazy.
Speaker 1: We carp my bad. Yeah, definite crazy. I mean bass, I meant carp.
Speaker 5: I mean just off of sugar high right there? Just ripping life?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Is there anything better than just being eight years old and a bag full of sugar in your body, just getting after it with your boys knowing the crashes inevitably going to comment, yes, yeah, that's also was Noah? Was he the same way as he is worth? Yeah, I'm sure he's like the ad D poster child of Nascar.
Speaker 4: Yes, did he tell you he went to military school?
Speaker 1: I don't think he did. Did he tell us that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? He got he got sent away for a year and a half.
Speaker 1: He was a bad boy. He was being a bad did he just know?
Speaker 4: But a younger version of him, was he.
Speaker 1: Was he pedaling? Or was he a fevery? What was going on? He was he in the weeds in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: No, no, weeds all there he is left side.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's incredible deep down has that character in him? Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the military with the sore character.
Speaker 5: Did he'll just like go through I don't know times where he'll get on a kick and like you'll go over to know his house one time and he might just be dressed like that just for the love of the game.
Speaker 1: Did I do actually love that about Like I don't. Clearly I don't know him very well, but you just know, seeing his energy and just how he was bouncing off the walls left right and said, I can definitely see him playing a bit and just being a random Wednesday. But you know what, I'm gonna put some military clothes on and just maybe one of my boys will come over and see me dialed in like that. Wellw did. What's fascinating to me about the racing thing is like I grew up in traditional sports, right, I played hockey, baseball, basketball, football, and then clearly football ended up being my thing. How like, how did you guys find the love of racing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean, since we're talking about note like Noah didn't get his start in racing till he was like a he was late like probably.
Speaker 4: What twelve yeah, fourteen yeah, fourteen?
Speaker 5: Uh Like for Riley and I, I mean I've been racing since I was three years old. I grew up on VMX bikes and I wanted to race supercross, still really into supercross, but then got into karting and just we grew up around racing our whole life. And so my dad was a team manager for the Offred race team, which Riley is at the time raced. He actually raced, and so like we just yeah, grew up around it and that's all we've ever known, just going.
Speaker 3: To the race track, just spending time with your fan family. I don't know, we were talking about being eight years old. We always kind of like thought that everybody went to the racetrack on the weekend because we didn't go to football practice. And then you start to get older and you're like, oh, people are going to prom and shit, you're skipping everything high school?
Speaker 1: Now are you as homeschooling this or you guys like and we're doing public school.
Speaker 4: But we're just kind of yeah, we're like I got kicked out actually in high school.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're also the bad kid.
Speaker 4: Well, I missed doing days of school. They're like, Yo, this is not going to cut it.
Speaker 1: Really, When did you kick out of.
Speaker 4: School halfway through sophomore year of high school?
Speaker 1: And that's when you're going ged route all the way?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No shit, Yeah, I don't even know if I got one, honestly, Like, and you bailed.
Speaker 1: To like okay, so we just had a bunch of bad boys out here, huh.
Speaker 5: Well, Like, so I moved to North Carolina when I was like fifteen years old pretty much, and I was like going back and forth, but was out there, and I just raced all the time. Like you go from on the West Coast you only race, I don't know, like a couple times a month, and then when you go to North Carolina, you race like a few times a week. And so there was no time for school and so not good. But I mean I graduated eighth grade, went to like and did online school, and pretty much did my freshman sophomore year and then sort of just kind of gave up on it.
Speaker 1: Hope she just gave up on school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, like, I just what you're gonna do, man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if yeah, you love what you're doing, just go ahead and chase that dream. It's also like the it's like, uh, you see so many people even in their late thirties, like having like an identity Christ, who they are, what they want to be. It's got to be like the most free thing in the world to be fourteen years old. Fifteen years old, but like I know exactly what I want to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's nervous too because if you don't, if you don't get to the top, then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then then you're in your twenties with no no high school degree. I was hopefully figuring it all out. Then you were saying that you did supercross a little bit.
Speaker 4: I wanted to.
Speaker 1: That was so you, Like, so were you Like I grew up in Arizona and like, my I'm clearly older than you guys, but I was all until like Krusty Demon's minimolit Nitro circus, like Travis Shawn and Brian Degan, those are my heroes growing up. Were you getting on the bike and doing a little.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I never like, I mean I probably the biggest spike I rid was like a pretty much like a eighty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little too show after a little bit.
Speaker 5: Like do Krusty demons. Want a throwback, I'm like, I was probably like five years old. The spiked hair sitting on a crest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably some frosted tips taking place to dude, so pop, dude, you pop those little DVDs in there and you're like, how do I live the life at these?
Speaker 4: For hours? After school hours?
Speaker 1: Dude, it would always be I would come home and it would be CMT on the TV. I would watch whatever was on, probably Dukes of Hazzard. As soon as like that episode ended, I would put in. Usually Nya's Circus was my go to krusty Demons I had to put on. My parents were on date night or something like that. Yeah, dude, Nysa's Circuits.
Speaker 4: Came, you had to go, Dude.
Speaker 1: I went to it in twenty fifteen. Yeah, and it was awesome.
Speaker 4: I hit up A Travis.
Speaker 1: No, God, I didn't have that kind of connection. It was twenty fifteen, so it was my second year in the NFL in Nashville and it was Adam Jones. He like I DMed him and I was like, hey, bro, I'll be the thing. He's like you should come before and I go down and we're in the like we're like walking through, like to the Predator's locker room and there's like a pull up bar and I tell my boys, like, hey, you should do a pull up. My buddy, he can't do a pull up to save his life. Travis Pastrano walks by, he gets in on it, and I'm like, this is fucking incredible. And we went in the locker room. They were drinking some some bud lights, having a good time. I'm like, should you just be should be doing this when you're about to do at the bathroom stuff Like, oh, dude, this is this is easy. This is like riding a bike for this is nothing. And we went out all night, dude, and just got after it with them. It was like one of the greatest core moments of my entire life. Yeah, this is not a podcast about me though, so you guys.
Speaker 4: I love to hear it.
Speaker 3: Man, I was gonna ask you about Big Blue. I was gonna ask you about Tennessee. Yeah, stories, where's Willie boys see man.
Speaker 1: Willie boy See he's in foreign territory right now. We uh America Center around America sent him to try to do God's work to help out with the World Cup. It didn't work out last dude, I popped in it out. One of my favorite things to do this past couple of weeks is put on the World Cup but on Telemundo and just listen to the Spanish. You guys, just get after it. But it was a heartbreaking loss.
Speaker 4: Heartbreak.
Speaker 1: Were you guys following it? Yeah, that's really all you want and it's It's the worst part is like this game going into Belgium, we were all thinking to ourselves, like, I think we could win this. Yeah, I think this is the Finally the time I was on the bus yesterday doing an intro that came out this morning after we lost it, like we can look past Belgium. Let's focus on Morocco or Spain now to whop yeah and no doubt, Yeah, yeah, okay when did when did you guys? Okay, so your your family was in it?
Speaker 4: Off road?
Speaker 1: Yeah, off road and so it's very Uh, I know a lot of guys grew up racing and stuff like that, but off roads kind of a more unique game to get into.
Speaker 6: NA.
Speaker 4: It's very different. It's like running through the deserts of Mexico, like wide op overall on exactly that's what it was.
Speaker 5: It's so much different, even just like the depth of like the people and like I don't know, like the vibe of like that go left, right there.
Speaker 4: Or all the way off to the top, Yeah, to the top right, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's if you're in position in bad spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, you're not supposed to come off the ground like that.
Speaker 1: So this is what this is the origin story of my two boys here. You guys were into Baja type of racing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean like when we were younger, we were I mean, yeah, wanting to do this when like we didn't know about the sport sports. You're going to do this for a living?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't do that for a living. That's a hobby. Doesn't make sense, Like I hate to say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you just don't make a lot of money. There's no money yeh yeah. And at the end of the day, like we'll have our passions, but also we need to make bags as well.
Speaker 4: Those are those are businessmen who do that on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are yeah, exactly exactly. Did you guys ever, the only thing I know about Baja racing is the Baja one thousand. Like growing up in Arizona, it was like, hey, it's taking place for blah blah in November whenever it is. Did you guys ever race in that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I do it. I try to do it every year.
Speaker 3: Oh for real, because the NASCAR season ends like the first week in November and the Baja on thousand starts the week and half after that, so it lines up pretty good.
Speaker 1: What's the How different is it for you to get in a.
Speaker 4: On the top right, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Well you get a little lit.
Speaker 4: L aired, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Not bad, dude, not bad at all. How hard is it? Like kind of going from NASCAR completely different car, completely different type of driving, completely different team to this.
Speaker 3: Quite honestly, that's just I go to like kind of unwind after the year, Like my cousins are doing it. We're down there drinking beers before the race, like it's super low key and yeah, Nascar is like a job, like it's high pressure. That's relaxed, have fun with your family and friends and go on fun.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the pressure of NASCAR, Like how hard How much pressure did you guys put on yourselves when you first got the nod in the Top Series?
Speaker 5: I mean a ton for sure. I mean like you work your whole life to get there and then it's like, all right, now it's even harder to stay here. And so that's where that level of pressure comes from. And you go from like racing guys where it's like you're normally racing ten guys for a win at like a lower series. Now it's like everyone is super good and you never know like what the weekend is going to bring, Like you could so easily just be a little off and it's the difference maker in your weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the crazy thing for me is like learning from guys that like you'll know early in the race how competitive you're going to be, how like.
Speaker 4: How frustrating the first lap in practice?
Speaker 1: In practice?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean like recently practice at Friday, sometimes Saturday. It depends if you have like a full practice because then we're able to like make adjustments and like think on it, uh and then qualify the next day kind of like what we did this past weekend in uh San Diego. But like normally it's twenty minutes of practice and then you're like fired into qualifying and you're like you just don't have time.
Speaker 4: You can't change the car.
Speaker 1: Really, why not you have a thousand? You have a thousand guys. COVID, Yeah, COVID, Yeah, too many masks. These cars are a triple boost.
Speaker 4: And now I get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: COVID.
Speaker 5: They took our practice away, the mass deal man you're being they and just pull that thing down.
Speaker 1: Just absolutely brutal, especially in the summer time, just sweating on yourself in the steamroom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look like we had a thong on our face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So COVID. COVID changed the entire game.
Speaker 4: For you guys absolutely because who was who was on here?
Speaker 1: Was it last week or the week before? Somebody was talking about how was it? Chase Elliot, Larson, Kyle Larson, he was talking to us via zoom, talking about how much it's gone from you used to practice like Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, like understand your car being the car more and now it's like you got fifteen minutes and rip. Has there ever been as drivers? Would you guys like to go back to like the old school way?
Speaker 3: I would like that, but like me and Zane never really got to experience the old school way, Like used to be able to go practice and go test.
Speaker 4: All you want, and now it's against the rules. You're not allowed to.
Speaker 1: That's so odd.
Speaker 3: Like if you are a kid wanting to go play basketball at Michigan, you can go to the backyard and put up a thousand shots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, and it's every single day, over and over and over. You can't do that son, you guys, but you can do the sims correct. Yeah, but like that all day every day? Or is there a time limit on that as well?
Speaker 4: Not from NASCAR, but the manufacturer puts a time limit on it because there's so many drivers that they have to like, oh no way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And like honestly, like sim or SIM is so hit or miss, Like some weeks it's like okay, that actually like correlated pretty well, and other weeks is like man, this like might have hurt us. And so like that's it's a little bit of a guessing game. But that's what makes like rookie season so ugly sometimes too, Like I don't know both of our rookie season's sad. It's like the back half gets a lot better. But like I know you're seeing it with Connor too, but I think that's from like we just don't have time to Like, the next gen Cup car is like so much different than anything we've ever driven, and so yeah, you get twenty minutes to figure it out.
Speaker 1: When you guys are in the off season, are you allowed to get in behind the wheel a little bit more in your cup car?
Speaker 4: No, can't touch them.
Speaker 1: Can't touch them. That's a weird rules.
Speaker 5: The shops are in the off season. The shops are like a ghost town because the cars are basically getting.
Speaker 1: And that's where we go and have Baja, Yeah, and get after. Yeah, have a couple of bls. Yeah, yeah, wax a little bit, put up one thirty five ten times, like it's nothing.
Speaker 4: Mind if a white boy gets a little motion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tell you what, dude, I was worried about you when you got into that bar that was gonna squeeze you for a second. You put up no problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Mostly, what do you like to do on the in the off season?
Speaker 5: What's your honestly like? Yeah, pretty much just the deleting beers and uh, I like, I like spending time just fishing, being out on water. Yeah, typically go down to like the Florida Keys and spend some time down there and yeah, just do a whole lot of nothing, a.
Speaker 1: Little off shore action.
Speaker 5: Hell, dude, the Florida something, but the Florida case, it's so much fun.
Speaker 1: That's chickens running around wild. It's so awesome.
Speaker 5: It does not feel real.
Speaker 4: No, And it's just.
Speaker 1: Like everyone just so much more laid back, like Jimmy Buffett understood before all of us facts.
Speaker 5: And it's honestly like I was just down there right before the season started, and it's kind of it's turned into like a like a mini Nashville. Like everyone's playing live music, everyone's having a great time, always some great weather at night.
Speaker 4: So it's ton of fun.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. Last time I was there, I went into this like small bar, like there's like a I was walking down whatever the main street is and there's like an alley way and it has like four or five bars. At the end there was a band playing like some forty one blank what a Twood like some yeah my, like this is my number one genre of music. And that is like kind of a viot. It's kind of just a spot out there to hang out. Yeah, besides smacking beers and getting roudy. What's your what's your go to in the off season?
Speaker 4: Like Snowski?
Speaker 1: No, you can do that contractually.
Speaker 4: I actually I don't know. I've actually never really read it.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 4: I've just been snowskiing since I was like four, So I just no way. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Like in football, when you sign a contract in the NFL, you're not allowed to do essentially anything that could possibly hurt your body. Like if you get hurt off the football field that you practice on on you your contract could possibly be void out down. So Snowski, Yeah, I love it, dude.
Speaker 4: That's what happened because Laski before the season.
Speaker 5: No, he slipped in. He says, that's close. Chase Elliott broke Chase Elliott.
Speaker 1: No way from just slipping on black ice.
Speaker 4: Uh did? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, got you.
Speaker 4: Night mere scenario, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nightmare scenario.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 5: He was walking on a cane for like half Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're a cane, you can't do that. That medical bullshit gray one dude, you have to have one.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, get like a carbon fiber, a little little six on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that kind of goes hard. That stands as powerful to media day. Yeah, I like that a lot.
Speaker 4: What he was mad at me that day, dude?
Speaker 5: Yeah, off, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I went for the win of the Daytona five hundred and he was trying to go for the win as well, and big.
Speaker 1: Wreck, big wreck. Big We end up winning that race.
Speaker 4: My teammate, Tyler Reddick.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it ended up working out for you. Yeah, team, Yeah, what is what is like the vibe after a race when you wreck somebody and you guys are both clearly going it's competitive. I'm assuming it's not intentional, but one of you guys gonna feel some type of way.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean Zaane was up here too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is a hectic glass lap, but I mean this is this is our super Bowl. I've you've probably heard that a million times.
Speaker 4: Looks good right there.
Speaker 1: That is that you and the.
Speaker 4: Eight up top.
Speaker 3: You'll see the old three five coming into picture. Oh that's the white flag lap. We need the next lap, just.
Speaker 4: A couple of here we go. Yeah, Zane's pushing Jase Elliott.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought I had this for a minute.
Speaker 3: So you're the second car right, Yeah, I'm fourth, right out of frame.
Speaker 5: So I tried to set this up to win where you kind of like got a back up for help.
Speaker 4: I'm pushing my teammate.
Speaker 5: Just Chase was all over it and it just kind of stalled.
Speaker 4: Get up to try to.
Speaker 1: Get and oh damn yeah, I bet Reddick was stoked though home piece of that bonus or anything like that. Okay, yeah, sadly. One thing I've learned about NASCAR selfish industry. We don't We don't hook up our boys at all, do we.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're teammates, but we're not.
Speaker 1: That's that's understandable. I'm more talking about the pit crew boys.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I have Paul Swan in here and we've talked to Bubba and the fellas, like we need to start normalizing giving gifts, gifts to your boys on Christmas. We got to start doing stuff like that. Especially you help your boy out, you wreck the entire field so he can just go.
Speaker 4: For him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something like that pay contract? Everyone's contract. There's not like a buy race.
Speaker 5: Sometimes like, uh, it could be like your set of mouth, or it could be a piece.
Speaker 1: What if the days five hundred takes home and estimated one point that six one point six to two point two plus million dollars, I couldn't break you off a hundred piece, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I mean, we set the record this year for the biggest purse for a thirty one million bucks for what the race? That's what it paid out from first to fortieth.
Speaker 1: No way, Yeah, that is just crazy. What did you finish in that race?
Speaker 4: I actually got eight. That was eight across the line.
Speaker 1: So you're sitting there in second or third.
Speaker 4: And it was a huge pay cut for me, huge.
Speaker 1: Huge bag from third to eighth.
Speaker 4: But if I would have won it, I would have been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would have gotten broken off.
Speaker 3: I would have got broken off. I would have got the biggest trophy, the ring, the rolex, all of it.
Speaker 5: You get a rolex, you get a Rolex.
Speaker 1: That's gotta be like the nicest little bonus, Like, oh shit, I can get this. I was gonna buy this anyway. Yeah, two million dollars gives you instead. I'm just gonna rip it up.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: I was looking at these notes before and I read something terrible. Herbst Oil Company, your family. It is yes, okay, Like we looked up the estimated revenue from twenty twenty two. Yeah, you're talking about it. We listen. We sat here and I'm like, yeah, it's crazy. You know what you want to do. You're like, yeah, but it's scary because what if it doesn't work out, I'm thinking of myself and it's gonna be all right for you. We're writing a quarter billion dollars in twenty twenty two. No more than that, more than that. And what was the It was the God the Greatest Showman P. T. Barnum, Pat Barnum of the oil Over hist Have you seen greatest Showmen?
Speaker 4: I haven't.
Speaker 1: It's basically and I don't If I say it the way I'm thinking, it's gonna sound disrespectful. But PT. Barnum he like started the Circus Act.
Speaker 4: That's fine, and.
Speaker 1: People were like upset about like his shows back then should be like more classy and there's a way to live if you're off.
Speaker 4: That checks out. Yeah, with how the nickname Terrible came about, So that makes sense.
Speaker 1: So is that actually your the company's name or is that just added in the Wikipedia part.
Speaker 4: No, it's terrible, It's Terrible correct total company.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My great grandfather started it in Chicago, right next to the water tower. There is no that's my grandfather. So his father started it and he had really bad asthma and they didn't have medicine at the time, so the doctor told him to move west and so he would go to a town run everybody out of business by undercutting them on prices. And then once he ran everybody out of business, he would leave to the next town and do it again, and do it again, and do it again. And so there was a newspaper headline saying that no good son of a bitch, Terrible Herbs is coming to town.
Speaker 4: Be careful. And then when they got to Vegas, he just started his company called Terrible Herbs.
Speaker 1: Okay, all in shortness of breath, this guy, I could barely breathe. But he's still running everybody out of town. Yeah, dog, that is fucking awesome. Yeah, and your is your family. We still own the business, we still do all the things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I kind of made a decision to like not go that.
Speaker 1: Way right right, you don't want to?
Speaker 3: They said, education, college, education big in my family. And I said, I'm gonna go turn left down and down in the south.
Speaker 5: Okay, college for like twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they're like, you are probably not making the best financial decisions.
Speaker 1: You're definitely can promise you you're not making the best you can have the greatest NASCAR career of your life, and you're not making the.
Speaker 4: Best passions run it. My my dad and my uncle run it, and uh yeah, it's still in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: And dude, I read that the original home for your family is now a part of the MGM Grand Property.
Speaker 4: Uh no, that was their original casino. Yeah. So if you pull up the MGM, that small that small little tower up front was the original one in Vegas. Yeah, in Vegas.
Speaker 6: See the bottom one right, no, no, go back, go back one down, nope, left right there, Yeah, so that that see that's nope, to the right, nope, to the last the centerpiece.
Speaker 4: Yeah, see how that's like its own building. And then they still to connect it. So that was your family's, my grandfather's and his business partners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotch. You see your grandfather goes in, he starts running in through town sixties in Vegas, undercuts the market, undercuts the market, gets to Vegas, gets a nice little sliver of the.
Speaker 4: Down tryer and he's like, yeah, that's why I didn't know.
Speaker 1: That, and decides to start his own casino as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I started the casino business too. Yeah, there's that was the building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no way. And as your family in the casino business at all anymore, they have.
Speaker 3: Super small truck stop ones and towns you've probably never heard of, farming Nevada and just search light in Nevada. You've probably driven through search Light coming from Arizona.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, maybe is that near the Hoover Dam pretty close? Okay, then yeah, I probably have done that drive a few times.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 1: My brother would always My brother played travel hockey.
Speaker 4: You've seen it.
Speaker 1: It was always Anaheim, California, was.
Speaker 3: The birthplace of Harry Reid, the longtime politician. Really okay, got like a population of eight hundred people.
Speaker 1: I also got to see a picture of Harry Reid. I need to see a picture of that.
Speaker 4: Oh you you know who he is? Yeah? Bro, how do you know this guy?
Speaker 1: How do you know this guy?
Speaker 4: He was like like the third highest person in the US government from.
Speaker 1: Was he really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out government due Yeah, weird kid, weird kid and uh weird yeah yeah zaying you grew up in Huntington Beach. When did how did you get linked up with Riley? And uh noah?
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean I know I've known Riley all my all my life. So my dad uh has worked for Riley's family for since I was born. And then Riley introduced me to Noah. I think I was when I first met Noah. I was racing go karts in like the Mandalay Bay parking lot and Supernats or yeah, yeah, the real parking lot parking lot. I guess I think that was the first time I met Noah. But Noah was like a he was a big kid man. And then didn't see him for.
Speaker 4: The weight loss he was talking about. Yeah, then he.
Speaker 5: Went to military school.
Speaker 1: Before military school a little bit.
Speaker 5: We started, Yeah, we started racing the Bowl Ring together, and yeah, we're all kind of buddies since then. But honestly, like vague, I was in Vegas with them pretty much every weekend, racing at the bull Ring, which is a little tracker outside the big Speedway. And yeah, we would all kind of stay together. I would either stay at Riley's house or Noah's house on the weekend, and it was a ton of fun.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, dude. And so did you guys all decide to go to Charlotte together? Was that like a team?
Speaker 4: He was first?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, So at first I lived like in a trailer park, uh, in my motor roome, and then then my my parents loved it out there as well, and like they were wanting to move out there eventually and they now do. And uh kind of lived out in the country and then uh, I actually got like a fake ID and I got my first apartment. I was probably like seventeen years old. Nice and by then, by then I was living out there full time.
Speaker 1: No shit. Yeah, So a boy grows up in a trailer park ends up in NASCAR, and everything I've heard about NASCAR is like you need I think Bubba was talking about like two hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year just for him to be able to like do the race, like get racing done. Like how much sacrifice did your parents make for you to be able to go race and do all those things?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean mine was certainly different, like how I got to this point. So like at at an early age, there was like a group of investors that invested in me, and if I was to make it to the Cup Series level, then then I would pay them back.
Speaker 1: When you should a private equity company come in and be like we want this black.
Speaker 4: Rock Yeah came in and yeah, shut down private equity.
Speaker 5: It's unfortunately like all people that like no racing like you're not going to get anyone that's like financially smart to invest in this because the risk is insane. But it was more so like of a sponsorship of like something that makes sense to do. And so that was how I got my opportunity.
Speaker 4: To story to the very top. Yeah that one.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well, I I don't recall that. I just got wrecked. This is way back man, twenty eighteen. I think, yeah, it's got wrecked and we we fixed it, went back out there and just what's.
Speaker 4: The headline there?
Speaker 5: Just destroyed both of us.
Speaker 2: But it was Archifine's drivers Zane Smith fru talitory act during Saturday's racist Salem.
Speaker 5: I do not recall.
Speaker 1: I do not recall Salem. Yeah, trial taking place in there, like who are you retalied? Did be a nasty boy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I just got I just got wrecked. And man, a big part of our sport is like if you don't stand your ground, you just get eaten up. So yeah, our day was done, and uh we halfway fixed it and yeah, settled the match.
Speaker 1: So usually you fixed your car to go handle business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fix it halfway, and I knew what I was gonna go do. But yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: How much did you get fined?
Speaker 4: I don't remember. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think it was like a team fine, it was probably like points.
Speaker 3: It would you get seventy year acts for a cussinger ref out or thirty recks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like I find thirty thousand for cursing out a group of refs after a Jets game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was electric.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thank you. I appreciate that. Yeah, I got fined. I gotta find a lot of money. To the point, I had a guy pulled me in in the Pro Bowl one time. He said, hey, come with me real quick, brings me to a computer in a big room and he like pulls up all the fines and he showed me how much I've been fined through like five years of my career. And he's like, you understand, you're just wasting so much money?
Speaker 4: Is there fines we don't ever hear about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how much was it after five years?
Speaker 1: I think it was like four hundred thousand?
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no, it was like three sixty something. And the funny thing about it is the guy who showed me that was John Runyon. And John running played for the Eagles, and he was. I think he was unanimously voted the most dirty player in the NFL, like multiple years running. Yeah, he also was a senator, I believe as well.
Speaker 2: I can tell him the story about Rabel finding you for the being late team.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so I was late. I was like two times in my to practice or to the facility in my NFL career. Once when I was a rookie, I overslept called the coach who was Ken wizenh On, and he's liked, hey, I'll go just get here, no worries. Nothing ever came of that. And then twenty eighteen was Rabel's first year. I just signed a concert highest paid off it's a line in the NFL history. I got a big deal, thank you so much. And it was like short lived, like six months. And then at the end of the year, I was like maybe top ten, but I was. I ran late and I called Rabel on the way in because he's like, all I want to know is like, we don't want to be searching for you, just want to know if you're going to be late, call us and tell us you're gonna be late. So I called them, I said, hey, I'm running late. I'm really sorry, blah blah blah, You're making all excuses in the world. And he just goes, hey, thank god you're rich and hung up the phone. And I thought, okay, like that's a funny joke. By right, go to practice, comeback. There's an envelope. It was like ten thousand dollars or something like that for being fined for being late to a team meeting by a couple of minutes. They'll, dude, they'll get you. They will. And then when you repeal these.
Speaker 4: Foguts, the cash the team.
Speaker 1: I think the team gets it and then they like donate it. It's like it's a charitable donation. So I've done a lot of charitable work. I've done a lot of charitable work. Now, yeah, I forgot about this number. This is yeah, yeah, I had I think the most, what's the most I've been fined? Yeah, those are just a few.
Speaker 4: Got a list of them.
Speaker 1: I got a list of them. I'll tell you this, dude, some of these are I'm not no, no, they're all real. There was one I got a stinger and we were playing Thursday night football and the skycam was like over my head and it's like clearly zooming and on me, and I just had him with one of these, like one of those. There's actually a photo of me like giving the finger to giving the finger to the skycam. Not that that's why I got objected from the Packers game. Do they jumped off sides and hit Marcus Mariota first game. It was the second drive of the game because the first drive of the game we had a seventy five yard run to the left, and so I was I kind of I was in the game for like more than half of the marcol Murray's rush yards and I was like proud of that. We end up winning that game, but I got fined thirty something thousand for that, and my agent was like, oh, his head was getting looked at it. He was disoriented. And they actually resented that fine and brought it back. So that was a big deal. That was That was a big dub for me, A big dub once again, not my show. No, I love it, not my show.
Speaker 4: It is you show.
Speaker 1: It is my show, but you guys are absolutely the guest.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: We ended up this episode to bring you form Energy Form Energy to Live is best in class taste with natural flavors and zero sugar. Form Energy has natural caffeine derived from green tea. They come in a variety of flavors, Screaming Freedom, grape Smash, Blue Blitz, Orange Fury. It's perfect for those who put in the work. You get up in the morning. It's Sunday bag race they taking place. You got a lot of yard work and stuff to get done. It is summertime, it's hot. Pop yourself a form Energy, get after a little bit and put in the work. Form Energy. We do the work. Let's get into this episode. It says hear the notes racing, family and off road roots. What's scary for you guys? Racing and Balja or Tolladay you already said Baja is like just session for you man.
Speaker 3: The only thing the scary part about Baja racing, and Zane's done it too a little bit, is just there's no fences. So the people they they get very drunk on some bls. Yeah, and they stand in the middle of the road and see how long they can stand there until they want to run away from the moving vehicle going at ninety miles an hour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it yeah, like it's just like.
Speaker 1: This is the most psychotic photo I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like it's not smart. And then they get super drunk and they'll throw snakes in the cockpit with you.
Speaker 1: It's just that that's hold on, now, let's let's put a quick get up on that. They snakes in the.
Speaker 5: Cock Well, they're just they're trying to like just entertainment fun.
Speaker 4: This is like theirs their party.
Speaker 5: Like one of uh, one of the if that happened to me, herbs drugs. They h a cow came out and they smoked it at like probably what one hundred and thirty Yeah, and so like that's it's it's obviously real.
Speaker 4: This is old eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is not a not very scary, it's more just like extremely entertaining. It's not scary for the driver. It's more scary for the individuals.
Speaker 4: For the driver.
Speaker 3: Is hitting somebody genuinely yeah, like oh, in all seriousness, because that happens, and it's it's super sad.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I'm sure going one hundred thirty miles an hour even yeah problem, Yeah, that's got to be awful. Was so Talladega by far is much more terrifying than doing Baja. Is there ever a moment of like fear for you guys, like a level of anxiety that takes place. I talk to so many drivers and they're like, yeah, I really don't get nervous before races. Like for me, I would get well, the national Anthem's playing on a Sunday afternoon, and you're just sitting there, staying across the field and you're just thinking yourself, like, I hope to god I don't get found out today and exposed. There's a level of anxiety. And then once you get the first hit out of the way, you're back in it and you're like, all right.
Speaker 5: I'm in Super speed Ways for sure bring like a different level of like that feeling because like there's so much out of your control, so like, yeah, you're just a part of other people's mess. But I don't know about like scary. I mean sometimes we will see a wreck where like someone might get upside down and get like airborne, and you're like, oh.
Speaker 1: Guykes, yeah right type of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and especially like once the car, you know, you see some recks where they get into the catch fence, Like that's scary for yeah us, but the fans too well at Super Bad, Yeah, Dylan, but the Super Speedways are those races with those big wrecks, so like it's just kind of expected of like those those things are gonna happen there.
Speaker 1: No, the big res they happen on the bigger tracks, on the short on the shorter trucks more.
Speaker 4: Often big super seedways.
Speaker 1: Okay, super So when you're racing in a place like Atlanta this weekend, when it's only a mile long track, there's not a lot of room for these massive big.
Speaker 3: Kind of saying, can help me here. They kind of reconfigured it so they just added a ship ton more banking. So they just stood the corners up like straight up basically so we could go wide open because the fans like that type of stuff.
Speaker 4: And so we're we're wrecking them Atlanta out. Yeah, I mean we're wrecking it.
Speaker 1: Atlanta fans want it. They're gonna fucking get it, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think Atlanta is like one of the most fun It's sketchy, but it's a ton of fun.
Speaker 1: Like it's nitch because of the banking.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a super speedway essentially, but everything happens ten times as fast, so like a super speedway, like you have a lot of time to like think about a movie you're going to make down straight away, and like, I don't know, there's a lot of time there at Atlanta, Like you get these huge runs and you gotta do something with it, and that's why the racing and the finishes have been insane there and I've honestly enjoyed it. It's yeah, super sketchy and like, yeah, there's probably gonna be a solid wreck this week, but like it's just just it, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Just hope you're not in it man pretty much? Yes, is there anybody glad?
Speaker 2: Is there a track besides Daytona or Talladega that you find like really sketchy maybe other than in Atlanta too, that just people wouldn't realize is kind of like you get yourself into more hairy situations and when we'd see.
Speaker 5: I I feel like Texas is sketchy Texas.
Speaker 3: But I also thought this two weeks ago at we raced on a Navy base in Cornatuto. Yeah it was cool, but like you just keep pushing the edge of the envelope and then it's it's so slippery. I mean there's jet fuel, there's everything, there's curbs, there's potholes, and so if you push it too much or you're done for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really nice to have a waxing cress in that moment.
Speaker 4: Huh tell me, dude, ye, dude, at least six percent more grit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. But when you have jet full on the ground, you gotta have. It's everything to you, guys. Huh when did you guys learn about the waxing crescent?
Speaker 3: Me and Noah learned, and Brisco learned about it together because we're on the same team. Yeah, and Stuart Haas racing before it shut down.
Speaker 1: And that's when we we guys found out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're headed to Richmond, Richmond, Virginia, and we're like, why back in the eighties was Richmond all of a sudden so fast one time? And then we pulled up the moonface and it was a waxing crescent?
Speaker 1: What made you pull up the moonface?
Speaker 3: Because we were doing our homework studying for previous races, and it was like sometimes Richmond is like really fast and sometimes it's really slow. And then we were like, let's see what the weather was, and then we didn't kind of stumbled upon it that when you google, like what's the weather like weather in Nashville, right, now most of the time will come up with the moonface tonight. Let me check that, check scroll down. Yeah, let's see what's going on here. It's a Stuart Haas legend.
Speaker 4: Right there.
Speaker 1: Let's see here moonface weather. Yeah, anyone degrees in Nashville, Tennessee. As I'm speaking, Sun says at eight oh seven pm. All right, yeah, all right, next full moon is in twenty two days.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: It's the last quarter moon whatever that means.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who knows, man, who knows?
Speaker 1: The only thing we worry about is a waxing crescent, that's correct. Yeah, Dan, what did you figure out with the waxing moon?
Speaker 4: I was excuse me, I was never a part.
Speaker 5: I always hear Noah just y app about this and it's never never worked out for me, no matter what, no matter what the moon is.
Speaker 1: So do you does Noah talk about it enough for you to go look into what moon is going to take place?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, I mean honestly, it used to be like legos, no I used to only really talk about that. It became this moon phases, and eventually it became in one ear out the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like with Noah, there's a there's a finite amount of time of actually listening to him, and he actually, you have to find peace.
Speaker 5: Helo remote, he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Hit the new button. Not that I did it. How about what's your sock game?
Speaker 5: Like, dude, I was down a dangerous road of like my lucky my lucky socks.
Speaker 1: Some serious athletes foot taking place.
Speaker 4: I have double athletes foot right now.
Speaker 1: Do you really discuss I got it so bad when I was younger.
Speaker 4: So my left foot's all right, but my right foot is the one that burned. Sometimes thought he had he thought he had bunions. Yeah I did. I thought I had a bunch.
Speaker 3: But no, just bangs against the inside of the the like tunnel of the car, and uh callouses and calases and calases and so it.
Speaker 4: Gets super wide.
Speaker 1: It's a little bigger.
Speaker 4: I can pull it out if you want. Oh yeah, I'll take a peek, all right, just foul, dude. You see it's like you get the thing away from me. You see how it's like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that was just incoming bunyan.
Speaker 1: Don't see a whole lot of athletes foot on that foot.
Speaker 4: No, it's in between my toes, okay, purple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a little lucky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 1: You had to put some some of that spray on there. Dude, I had it. It was like from like toes and then we go.
Speaker 4: Up my feet in the don't have that, dude.
Speaker 1: I feel like I was starting to scale up a little bit.
Speaker 4: I guess bad as relative that was that sounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like ten. I think puberty was just starting to make its way into my world. And then the sock. My hygiene must have not been great, still not awesome, Like I don't have the best ig in the world, but you just keep it pushing no matter what, you know. So lucky sock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had like these like slot machine socks where like majority of my truck winds I was wearing those socks. And then eventually you're just like this is actually like super fucking disgusting. Yeah, and uh and then yeah, now I just rip whatever comes comes to mind first. But honestly, like I've I've been down the road of like lucky underwear, uh huh, which is also like super gross, but I mean they're always like fresh. It's just like those are those are my Sundays.
Speaker 1: You just want to make sure those are cleaned by Sunday. You guys hear that in the football world, some guys are stitious. I'm not very stitious. I like to I would have like a routine in the way I would get you know, ready for a game. It's cold tub, a certain time, chiropractor, a different cold shower before. We'll listen to the same song in the shower without headphones on.
Speaker 5: There's still a big cold plunge.
Speaker 1: Guy, Dude, I do. I've actually been lacking big time in cold tubs for the past few months, but I have one at the house.
Speaker 5: I Yeah, the best thing in the world, dude.
Speaker 1: It's the best thing to do in the morning. It's the hardest thing to do in the morning. But if you can do those three minutes is buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get out of there.
Speaker 1: You feel like you're just it's a level of high that's like, okay, I'm gonna ride this to.
Speaker 5: Like you can never get used to it as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like there's levels of like tolerance. Tolerance will get a little bit better the more consistent you do it. But it's always like that, I don't want to fucking do this. Yeah, and then you're gonna do it. And then once you get out, You're like, I'm so glad I did this, But I've looked at my cold tub the last ship Ben just like I got to get in there, and I'm like, tomorrow I get into the cold. Disciplines have not been great.
Speaker 5: Cold shower is so much worse than a cold plunge.
Speaker 1: See, I don't mind the cold. I think the cold shower. You just get in there, you hit it fast, and it's a it's the friction of the skin to me that saves me a little bit. That cold punge. Like there's no there's no getting away because the more you move, the worst it's gonna get.
Speaker 5: We had, uh, one of our breaks the Berry Buddies exactly during his wedding. We were like on an island and uh like we were all in these like huts and like we were like, this is during the off season. We're all like pretty hung over, and everybody had cold showers and we would literally all be like turning on the shower probably at the same time. Men rather be like how long you stare at that thing?
Speaker 4: Man, I just want to get in it.
Speaker 5: It has to get warmer.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Is there any like what puts you on cold tubs? Like is that like a.
Speaker 5: So we're in uh Cobbo. This is right after I won the Truck Series Championship and uh we flew out with Riley and went down there and there's like this like, uh, I don't like men's lounge type deal where it's like sauna and yeah, sound sounds bad, but yeah there's like a cold plunge. Oh yeah that was me. That was the night out right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, squid Row will get everybody man, squid Row will take you down squid Road undefeated.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But I remember I was like next level hungover and uh, Riley's dad was like in the Cold Plunge and just sitting there like I just thought it was like pretty much a hot tub or like room temperature water. And I remember walking in there and like I was in shock and I had like never heard about it or anything. And I went from like deathly hungover to walking in there and instantly cured. And so since then, I'm like these are cold Plunge matric.
Speaker 1: Cold Plunge is the absolute game. It's the starter pack of all health and wellness.
Speaker 5: Yes, facts have do you have you.
Speaker 1: Ventured into any more bio hacking things?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: Sauna guy yeah, I'm a big sauna guy or traditional infrared, gotcha. So I got kind of a funny story. I raced, uh, I did a cup race like it was just a one off deal at Martinsville, and my everything cooling failed and it was like the hottest I've ever been inside the car, and I ordered like a it was a nice sauna, but I ordered it on Amazon on my way home as my wife drove me home, and I'm like, I'll never be that miserable in the car again. And so like you're supposed to only sauna for like fifteen minutes twenty minutes until you like you break a sweat, but like I'll I enjoy like sitting in there for like.
Speaker 1: An hour, no shit, Like, yeah, the infrareds look at like one sixty five, Yeah sixty five.
Speaker 5: It feels way hotter than one sixty five.
Speaker 1: Dude, those yeah, because they have those fucking panels and then for whatever reason, like yeah, cooks you from the inside out.
Speaker 5: Literally you're sitting like on the panel.
Speaker 1: I went through the infrared for a little bit. I'm definitely into the traditional now and I'll do like like two hundred two hundred degrees at time twenty minutes and I'll hit that like three four times a week. But there's like HGH protocols you can do that are just horrible.
Speaker 5: It's like with the rocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has like the traditional rocks, but like the protocol you do is like you thirty minutes a two hundred degrees and you get out and you just air cool for five minutes and immediately get back in for another thirty minutes, and it's like you're talking to God type of like like you just feel horrendous. Then you take a couple hour break and you go back and do the same thirty minutes, five minutes, thirty minutes, end on a cold tub. After you do it, you feel amazing or super drained. But you should only do like once every week, every couple of weeks. And it's supposed like trick your protuitary gland into releasing like h like testosterone, healthy things in your body that can grow, muscle, recovery, all those things. It's interesting, dude, there's so many things in the biohacking world. It's just nuts. Have you had sort of NAD Yeah? Have you done it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Dude, how miserable drip?
Speaker 3: Yes, dude, it was it was crazy. So we all uh shout out COVID. We all got and we were headed on a family vacation and we have some someboddies back home right when this kind of started saying that this will help the COVID stuff. And so we all got the ivy drips of NAD and that's a head rush man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy, dude. The end is so crazy because it's like the number one fountain of youth, Joe. You can do, but while you're doing it, you feel like you have the flu.
Speaker 4: It's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really, You're gonna throw up. I've thrown up multiple times doing it. Oh yeah, yeah, dude. The first time I did NAD, so like the normal amountain that people do now, like the max is like seven fifty of NAD.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the guy I met, he was an anesthesiologist and he was starting the IVY world names Adam Bobo. He was a company called airte here in Nashville. He's like, hey, FDA have done studies up to seventeen hundred or eighteen fifty of NAD, so we'll just we'll do that. So I would do eighteen fifty of energy and him and him and my wife would get high and play Mario Kart while I for three hours, like sat on this drip and just felt like I was absolutely dying. It was the most horrendous experience of mind.
Speaker 4: Is a crazy feeling. Why it makes you feel like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but after, dude, I mean cognitively, you feel fantastic. It's yeah, it's supposed to be unreal. Have you done it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You it's awesome. It's it's horrible when you do it. But once you're done, you feel like a million domestic. Yeah, feel good about it anyway, all of it. That's that.
Speaker 4: Do you just want to play a little game, Let's do it.
Speaker 1: All right, We're gonna we're gonna put up some photos for you guys, and we're gonna give you one. You're gonna get one word to describe the individual that you see. Yeah, all right, you're right excited. You don't look very excited about this.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't. It's just the photos.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's somebody.
Speaker 4: I hope they're like fun photos.
Speaker 1: I hope they are too. I don't. I haven't even seen it. Yeah, this is if you're mad about any of them. The two guys in the back are the ones that did this? All right? First photo, Oh boss, boss Rich Rich Okay, all right? Next photo.
Speaker 5: Unique Huskins.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that he actually still all right?
Speaker 7: Next photo, Oh my god, mess.
Speaker 1: Is there any individual more psycholic than this guy right here?
Speaker 5: He's just it depends if he's on his medicine or not.
Speaker 1: He's on that riddling, that riddling game.
Speaker 5: Yeah whatever, I.
Speaker 7: Dose.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 2: Are you guys able to share the story of why he went to military school?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I would love to hear that more.
Speaker 4: I mean just enough wasn't enough right, Like, yeah, there was a specific No, it was not specific.
Speaker 5: Here's like a good example of like, no. When I first went over to his house, it was like everything was very like clean, immaculate. Uh. It was like his room was over here and his sister's room was on the other end, like you'd see a sister's room and it was like spotless, spotless. You go and No's room and dude, it's just a it's a train wreck.
Speaker 4: Like it's not even like a normal twelve year old kid's room.
Speaker 5: Like it's just like, dude, he had like a nice shower with like every sticker you could think of from all over the glass. And then he had an obsession with like no stars, career pole position, go card like indoor go car track and he would keep like every sheet.
Speaker 4: You know when you go to a go card track, you get that little sheet of paper.
Speaker 5: Like where you ranked, like I was fourth today, Like he would like you save it car.
Speaker 1: They give you a she jack shout cracker jacks in Arizona.
Speaker 4: Shout out, they give you a sheet. It's like where you placed. Yeah, okay, like your lifetime.
Speaker 5: Like literally I have never I think every time I've like went to an indoor go card place, I've never once looked at one of those. But like he would save dude, I mean like a hundred of them and like thousand staple then to his on.
Speaker 4: This wall, very nice home.
Speaker 5: Oh and also had like everybody that came in his room sign the wall, like like the gardener.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the pool man, Like it's just it was not a hand man, like it'd be like a coke can be Like no, it's still like this thing.
Speaker 4: What you know that coke can. This is such a cool design.
Speaker 1: Like his brain would get infatuated with the designs of cocaine.
Speaker 5: Just like ran just like yeah, like he would he might have stole something from this bus man as like an antique to remember when he was on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you.
Speaker 4: Should probably check check the camera, wonder dude.
Speaker 1: You know what we should do is after the podcast and just keep the cameras rolling just in case.
Speaker 4: Like snags with like yeah, so there wasn't like a unique story, but it was just like, it's just probably a lot to manage.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine. I'm assuming you guys don't have kids, correct, Okay, I can't. I have two kids, one on the way. I cannot imagine the way you're explaining no a child, like being the parent and not sending them to military school. It's got to be at some point as a parent, I'd be like, we can't fix this. And then all of a sudden he finds this thing. He's obviously clearly very successful. Now it's good for him and awsome it all worked out, but at twelve years old, being like, hey, honey, the gardener just signed the wall. First off, the gardener needs to know better what are you going to do a twelve year old kid for? And I think you've clearly probably told your kid multiple times like please stop having people sign the wall and.
Speaker 5: He like, I know, like he didn't. I bet you. He like told the gardener, hey, man, like come inside and just like sign sign the wall. And I know no, his mom is probably like, no, not him signed that wall. Just ignore, man, just ignore.
Speaker 4: She's standing in the door. Man, she's cool. Don't worry about her.
Speaker 1: She's like, I don't fucking Okay, that's.
Speaker 4: Every signature is on that wall. Man.
Speaker 1: We got we got one more photo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, ah bum fuck. I don't know. That's that's.
Speaker 4: Bum You could yeah, you could un hyphenated just for one. I just I don't like how he drives with this shield open.
Speaker 1: Pisces you off it does? That's that the way you should be driving cars.
Speaker 4: No, it's just that I said one word, man, I know, man, give me.
Speaker 1: One word, Give me one word. We can talk about him.
Speaker 4: And mm hmm.
Speaker 5: His fans are the worst part. Have you ever seen, Like I'm thinking you're saying, like the South Park huge guy that's like typing on the keyboard. Those are like all of all of this fans come for you. Huh yeah, god, yeah, he's got the worst fans. What you're saying pretty much? Oh, I mean I feel like the whole industry.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's gonna bode well. I don't think that clip is going to bode well for the fans in your.
Speaker 5: Relationship for sure. That's it. That's there right there.
Speaker 1: That's fucking funny. Carson Hosover's fan base.
Speaker 5: Very much right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So his fans are the worst part of him or he's the worst part of him.
Speaker 5: Both? Yeah, okay, both, I mean yeah, both.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, I love a good storyline. I love something that just gets people more invested into what's gonna go happen, and in this case, on the track every Sunday and this is gonna come out and his fans are gonna put your walk into your car and they be like, oh, fuck you fucking piece of sham. Yeah, it's yeah, it's kind of nice to be hated sometimes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People go out, give you some ship, get after it, and then you win and you're saying.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's your word A nuisance?
Speaker 1: A nuisance? Nuisance?
Speaker 4: I mean, how's that word checked out? Perfectly?
Speaker 1: Nuisance? Like a nat All right, fair enough. This is my favorite driver, by the way, I know it is. He's my favorite driver. Never met him. Yeah, he rocks seventy seven. I love and your face right now, like our relationships dead water.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I appreciate why.
Speaker 1: Here's why, dude. Every single driver that's come on this bus, well, you guys have been the most blunt about it. But after I'll be like, nah, fuck that guy, the way he drives. All this, I think Larson said basically question like this basically said I don't respect the guy because the way he drives, and something about some dude just solely sitting on an island and being hated by everybody. Essentially, the joker from Batman is just like he's like, yeah, fuck it. Does he have any friends in Nascar?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: I might meet him and hate him. Yeah, I'm so new to the game. I might just be you know.
Speaker 4: I don't think you'll hate him. I mean he's yeah, I don't think you'll you'll hate him. He's got some friends.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, yeah for sure, but he's not you guys. No, And like a lot of it's like an act to get people to like it's buy in on it.
Speaker 4: The Jersey Jerry bit man.
Speaker 1: He's got me saying yeah he gied me, Yeah damn it.
Speaker 4: But I mean it good for him, but like, to be fair, I don't really have any friends either. It's just like Zane and Noah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what a top two friend group.
Speaker 4: To have though, Yeah, just three electric friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah you look at those two boys. Really, I got them. That's all I need. Yeah, I love that. I love that.
Speaker 3: Zane puts it best, like, because I don't know you've been to you came to Nashville, right, yeah, yeah, did you see the driver intros at all?
Speaker 1: I don't think I did well.
Speaker 4: They like hurle you onto this thing like cattle.
Speaker 1: Oh, so I've been a part of that before.
Speaker 4: And Zane's like, what do you say, Like, why am I gonna try to small talk with you?
Speaker 5: It's like yeah, like whenever I don't know someone like that where you'll have like run ins with like certain guys, and you'll have that throughout your career with like certain people, like he'll like try to talk to you after saying like hey, we're not like I don't talk to anybody out there, Like he's full of shit, Like he tries to be your buddy, and then we'll like go and screw you, and so it's like, just don't talk to me in the first place. Because like one, I don't like you and we're gonna eventually have a run in together, so like that's just not talking the first place.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're drawing a line in the sand right away. Yeah. Is there was it actions that you've seen that made you be like no, no, no, fuck this guy, don't want to deal with him? Or is it actions.
Speaker 5: To honestly, like my approach with like Carson, because like he's fast, Like so me and him had a run in together at uh at Iowa, and like we've like raced hard and whatnot, and like there's a difference between like certain guys like race you hard. Like he'll just put us both like in a bad spot to where it's just like costing us lap time and like we're not neither of us are benefiting from it. Yeah, it's like that part gets like frustrating, but I remember it's like made a mistake or I don't know if you made a mistake but wrecked us. And then uh, like I'm not. He spends the rest of the race like wave at me, like play a nice guy of like oh man, I'm so sorry, so sorry, and then goes on social media and like posts like admit one like I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 4: Like take a number, yeah, like when you're at the deli line.
Speaker 5: So it's like, if you're gonna be the guy like hiding beyond social media, like I don't know, that's a coward in my opinion, like act like act that way in person, like say that to my face and it's like all right, like I'm gonna be the same way, but don't be one way like in person and then hide behind your phone and as if you're.
Speaker 1: Not going to see it then particularly all over again. Yeah, that makes sense. I can understand why that's extremely frustrating. Is this guy, I mean everything every week you seeing a wreck every single week?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he causes stuff pretty often.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And is he also the one he's getting pulled out of the race as well, or is he like causing a wreck and somehow getting out of it.
Speaker 4: Definitely getting out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's gonna be even more infuriating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, like I don't know, I do you don't like try to like go down a road of like oh my gosh, I hope he gets wrecked or something like that, like you're focused on your own own race. But it's just it's yeah, the behind hiding bewn the phone is what's the most annoying point.
Speaker 1: How hard is it for both of you to keep your composure when you're having runnings like this, whether it's Carson or somebody else, Like I'm sure there's been multiple times your career there's always going to be a bad guy in your mind of like, Okay, he's done X, Y and Z to me and you're on the race track, you're right next to each other, Like how how difficult is it to have the discipline to focus on your race and not focus on the individual next to you.
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's tough, at least for me in the beginning, because like, sure, if it happens on like week seven, you got like thirty two more together, or if like you get into a run in with like Josh Norman, I don't know if you'll see him again until maybe the playoffs or something like that. I haven't seen him since, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So like for us, it's like, man, you kind of don't want to get ran over, But it's also like you guys kind of have to co exist for thirty nine weeks of the year, and so like I don't know, it's a it's a weird dichotomy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta you. There's definitely a balancing act that has to take places. You have to stand up for yourself, yes, but also you have to realize like there's a line that you can't cross because if you do, they could take it one way. Yeah, and you have a career to worry about. You have a whole season to worry about. So it is. It's a it's fascinating dynamic that this guy is kind of put into the NASCAR world as just a viewer sitting back and watching it all unfold as if it's a storyline, truly entertainment for me, Like you guys are sitting in a world of like this is your careers. I'm sitting here as a fan of the sport watching yeah and being like yeah, and so it looks it's fun. It's much different. Yeah, it's fun. It's more fun for the viewer to see these things. I'll tell you what, dude, why don't we Whin's somebody gonna swing on this guy when somebody they can't.
Speaker 4: Now you get seventy seventy five grand immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But also, like you know, we all know the story of the bully, right, Like, there's always the schoolyard bully. He's a jerk. He treats people, he takes people's lunch money. He's a little bit bigger than everybody else. All it takes is one kid just kiss him right in the chin, and then all of a sudden, that boy's acting a little bit different. Someone's gonna step to the line. You know, I don't know why I'm trying to talk to you guys into fighting until the seventy five grand He's like something to think about.
Speaker 4: He's like the slim Reaper, like KD.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: He's a lengthy Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's got some reaching them a lot. And honestly I would have been like, hey, he'll probably take you, no problem. But after watching that bench press like you got yeah you did your body weight ten times?
Speaker 4: Yeah, something like for the kids.
Speaker 1: Extremely impressive. So if you guys went toes, you think he'd getting that body a little bit. Are we talking octagon, Yeah, we're talking octagon. All's fair in love and war.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I feel like I got man, I feel like I got the endurance. I think I could wear them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not the mat yeah, over and over and over again.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You woke it up with a smile, and I would being like, man.
Speaker 5: Dream about you've paid many of fines. Man, if you'll pay my fine, I.
Speaker 1: Won't put your fine, but I don't make what I used to make back then, I was like, this is just we're fine right off. Now I look back in them like I really should have fucking thought about this.
Speaker 4: I could have used that.
Speaker 1: I could have used that. That'd have been nice to have. They don't tell you that football just ends abruptly for you. Sometimes gets out of there. But yeah, seventy five, I feel like gofund me. Yeah, and at least like, let's just take forty of that final way now looks a whole lot nice. Yeah, and you can write it off.
Speaker 4: The question is.
Speaker 1: Now you're kind of locked in. It's kinda free. It's free yeah.
Speaker 4: For the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, exactly for the kids to don't kids, We'll start a five O, one C three. We can just take it. Yeah, all of us, your money, our pockets, perfect people, helping people. That's powerful stuff.
Speaker 4: And moves the world, man, it moves the world.
Speaker 1: Boy, do we have any more questions in the back anything? And I appreciate you coming on the show. Dude, thank you honest about this is awesome. I love you, sir much appreciate it. Ye, let's give these boys a rut of a pause. Rates with the Boys. Please subscribe rate five stars. Leave a comment if you'd like and who you like to see on the show next. Big hugs, Tiny kisses. Here's what twenty one plus and present in select states.
Speaker 3: For Kansas in affiliation with Kansas Star Casino or eighteen plus and present in DC, opt in required bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens.
Speaker 1: Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount.
Speaker 4: See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler, or visit rg dash help dot com call one.
Speaker 1: Eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org slash chat.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut, Hope is here Gambling Helpline MA dot org, or call eight hundred three two seven fifty fifty for twenty four seven support.
Speaker 1: In Massachusetts, visit www dot MD Gambling help dot organ Maryland call one eight seven seven eight Hope n Y or text Hope n Y four six seven, three six nine In New York