Speaker 1: Well, this is technical director Ashton. It looks like I'm the only one that showed up on a classic Saturday Second Day update. So I'm gonna leave my Venmo code at the bottom. If anyone wants to send me some extra cash, that would be awesome. I need a raise.
Speaker 2: Imagine being married for a couple decades and then it doesn't work out. That sucks, and now you have no choice but to try dating apps. Oh, it's the first time you've ever seen matchmaking apps before, and that's when you get.
Speaker 1: The best advice ever.
Speaker 2: Three words, plenty of fish sarcastic. Here, one of our listeners tried it, and I don't think you're gonna believe what happened on her very first to meet up. It's definitely plenty of fish ish and she's gonna spill the ish when we hear from her in your second date update.
Speaker 3: Next, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: Imagine getting back on the dating apps after being married for years.
Speaker 4: Scary.
Speaker 5: That would be weird.
Speaker 1: Now what does that look like?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my parents.
Speaker 2: In other words, horror. It's worse than the movie Saw five. And I'm not even talking about the writing in that.
Speaker 6: Oh, my god, I forgot there's like ten of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah scripts not great, and you're just jumping into a scary new world that maybe you've never even really experienced before. And we've got a woman who recently can involved back into the dating pool and needs a little help from us today. Her name is Vanessa, So Vanessa, welcome.
Speaker 1: To the show.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 5: It sounds like your experience is more of a belly flop than a canniball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't know everything about your date yet.
Speaker 2: Why don't we start from the beginning and tell us who's this person that you met recently online?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: I met a guy on plenty Fish and I am recently divorced. I've been married for years. I got married very young.
Speaker 5: So had you ever done dating apps prior to this?
Speaker 7: Never.
Speaker 4: I've been married for a long time and so I'm kind of getting out there again. And it's terrifying, it really is. You see all these horrible stories on the news and you thinking, oh my god, this person is serial killer? Is it's too good to be true?
Speaker 6: What kind of dating app are you on?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 6: Are you swiping? Or are you like.
Speaker 9: On one of those real sophisticated ones where you fill out a bio.
Speaker 5: She said plenty of fish, So I don't know about sophisticated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my friends were like, plenty of fish is good, and I'm like, okay.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, I can't believe you actually trust those people. But that's interesting. So you met a guy what's his name?
Speaker 4: His name is Keith?
Speaker 5: Okay, the first guy you've matched with and got out with.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, oh wowk wow.
Speaker 1: That's a big, big move. So what attracted you to Keith?
Speaker 7: I got a.
Speaker 4: Goodbbe from him, and you know, he likes dogs. He kind of in a similar situation where he said he's getting back out there and we talked a little bit online, so I kind of felt good about him.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, So how long did it take? I mean, I'm assuming you guys met up in real life.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah? Yeah? So he was really sweet. He was like, where do you want to go? And I'm like, oh, that's nice, and so I suggested the botanical gardens.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, it's funny you said that.
Speaker 6: I was like ooh, And then I'm like, I'm the only guy.
Speaker 5: That's probably nothing says sexy like some orchids.
Speaker 1: And things get hot by the reflection pool.
Speaker 5: I'm sure it is kind of humid in those places.
Speaker 4: You didn't have a lot of plants, and his like photos, and I was just kind of like, well, maybe he knows about plants, so I thought maybe he would like it too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, definitely spice up the conversation with some exciting plant talk.
Speaker 6: So like a museum.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like walking is less awkward than sitting at a bar'l.
Speaker 4: You know, there's a lot of other people around, and you got plants.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, because you're worried about the serial killer angle of it all, exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, He's like, we're going to a butterfly farm or something.
Speaker 2: This is your first date that you've been on since you were married. Yeah, you must have been nervous. How did it go?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I mean I was pleasantly surprised. He was dressed a bit more casually than I was. But we we strolled around and we discussed flowers and I gave him some facts about orchids, even little things that I've learned over the years, you know, just conversation starters.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: Do you think that you were yourself on the date? Yeah?
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 4: I was surprisingly relaxed. I mean I was super nervous at first, but I calmed down as soon as he like, you know, I just got a good vibe from him.
Speaker 9: You're in like a pleasant environment that you're comfortable with, just right, That's awesome.
Speaker 4: We didn't just talk about orchids, well no, I mean there was lots of other plants. We talked about a lot of that, and I mean there was this one really embarrassing moment he knocked over a decorative like water. Oh, it broke, and I was like in the employees were like oh. I was like, oh my gosh. So I just made a joke that he was like dangerous to plants, and I'm like hoping he didn't get offended. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm sure, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: So that's the one thing you found that went wrong with your date is that you may have offended him with your plant joke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just scared that I offended him. But he seems okay. We sat down and we got tea from the little stand, and the date ended really really well. I thought I maybe he walked me to my car, gave me a hug. I told him I had a great time this is really wholesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a little too wholesome for the show.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 4: I'm a little worried. I'm like, maybe this is too good to be true. But I mean we had a nice time and I told him, I said, look, I would love to see you again and just kind of do something similar or maybe go out to eat or something like that. But I haven't heard from him, and I'm just kind of upset right now.
Speaker 9: May have been out of the dating game for a while, but you have caught up so quickly. You're immediately on the apps and when things go aroun you.
Speaker 6: Come right to us. That's what everybody does and it's dating nowadays.
Speaker 4: Good job, Thank you. I'm just like I said, I'm learning to get back out there. And I mean it worked. Keith scenario. If if I did screw up, I did do something wrong because I'm so new to the dating, you know game again that maybe you know, if I made a mistake, I can learn from it. It could be a learning moment I can move on and improve.
Speaker 5: That's a good attitude. That's a good positive attitude.
Speaker 2: And even if it doesn't work out with Keith, just like your app says, there are plenty of fish out there for you to hook up with and discuss orchids with.
Speaker 1: Right, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: So how long has it been since your botanical garden date happened.
Speaker 4: It's been like two weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's a long time in the modern dating world.
Speaker 11: So it's part of the experience you need to get ghosted at.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, yeah, your first ghosting. Yeah, like, oh exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, Keith's got some splaining to do, and we're going to get him on the line for answers in your second date update.
Speaker 1: Right after this.
Speaker 11: Brooking, Jeffrey in the morning update.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us for the second date, We've been talking to Vanessa, who, after many years of marriage, recently hopped back into the dating world. Yeah, even though she was nervous, she went full out. Yes, did all the stereotypical hot date things, botanical gardens, cups of herbal tea, even edgy plant humor. Yeah, it was intense, to say the least. But two weeks later she's getting her very first taste of ghosting.
Speaker 1: Isn't sure why?
Speaker 2: Now, before we call Keith here, I do want to ask you, Vanessa, since you said you were the one who suggested the botanical gardens. You think it's possible that Keith maybe wasn't as into plant dates as you were.
Speaker 5: She thought that he was just because of his profile picks. But maybe he just thought I looked good in that picture.
Speaker 1: Sure you know, did you pick up a vibe like that at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's a possibility.
Speaker 6: Wait, did you know most guys are, but not everyone's a flower guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I he could see you as a botanical garden lady, where he's more of a beer.
Speaker 1: Garden type of dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we can find a garden somewhere in between to send you on your next date. Let's reach out. We're going to dial his number right now and hopefully he picks up.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 5: Okay, don't let this ruin the rest of your dating experience. One bad egg does not mean they're all rotten.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought you thought you mean us. No, they will.
Speaker 2: We're gonna try our best here. I'm calling him right now. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Keith.
Speaker 12: This is he who's calling.
Speaker 1: Hey man, This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 12: Hello, Oh, okay, morning, Hi.
Speaker 2: We're calling because we're doing this segment. It's called a second date update. I don't know if you know about that, but it's where if one of our listeners goes out with somebody and afterwards they're not getting a call back, they can email us to reach out to them and try and figure out if there's a reason for that.
Speaker 12: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Come on, it's kind of fun. I mean, who would ever think that you'd be called for a reason like this.
Speaker 12: I don't even want to ask who's who's the person?
Speaker 5: You don't want to ask? Curiosity?
Speaker 2: I mean, you should see it as a compliment. It's a good thing that they felt so strongly about you they reached out to us for help.
Speaker 1: But in this case, it's a woman named Vanessa.
Speaker 12: Mmm okay, yeah, that's why I didn't want to add what no.
Speaker 5: Why botanical garden Vanessa?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why did you say you don't want us to ask?
Speaker 12: Listen? I don't know what she told you, but that woman, she's a freak.
Speaker 11: What talking about the samets, the ones you least expect.
Speaker 5: I guet, you're not wrong.
Speaker 1: A freak cow.
Speaker 12: I don't want to speak bad on anybody, but first and foremost, we met up when it's at plenty of fish, and he was deliberately catfishing me with these these pictures from like ten to fifteen years ago.
Speaker 6: Wait, but that's an accident, I understand.
Speaker 3: I always think about that when you get back into dating after that long. How do you have good photos for an hour?
Speaker 5: Because if you were married, there's no way a husband was taking good natures of you.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, doing bill on the couch?
Speaker 2: Do you know all of this Keith about Vanessa that it's her first time at least in a long time on the dating apps.
Speaker 12: No ever, Well, I mean she said she was married for a good little while, but it was obviously a longer while than I thought.
Speaker 5: What wait, are you saying that she was a lot older than you expected?
Speaker 12: The pictures made me think we were around the same age. But honestly, that woman could be my mother at this point.
Speaker 9: Oh, black and white because it's normally a sign.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, And what part of that turns you off?
Speaker 12: Oh my gosh, I don't even know you guys.
Speaker 5: He's joking. I mean, it doesn't ever feel good when you expect one thing and you get something else when you start a dating right, so, right at the beginning you were turned off.
Speaker 12: I was shocked, but I'm just like, listen, I'm already out here. Might as well just go.
Speaker 5: Through with it, okay.
Speaker 12: And we ended up going to this botanical garden.
Speaker 2: Right, we heard that that was actually her idea. But I'm more curious about why you said she's a freak.
Speaker 1: Well, how did that come up?
Speaker 5: I thought he just meant because of the pictures, But is that what you meant?
Speaker 6: Multiple meanings here.
Speaker 12: No, We're walking through the garden and she's just getting aggressive, like she's asking me what kind of pictures do I want from her? And she keeps going on about it, and I'm like, it's okay, I don't need anything.
Speaker 6: What oh she wanted picture?
Speaker 1: Oh? But she's asking what ones that she can send.
Speaker 12: To you apparently, but oh, I don't know if there's gonna be fifteen years old too or what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nice of her to ask what you like.
Speaker 11: It does take worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like, do you want one side or do you want both of them?
Speaker 5: It's an awkward It's an awkward assumption that anyone wants them period. I mean, you're at the botanical gardens in the daytime, totally sober.
Speaker 12: Yeah, exactly, And I told her I don't need any of that, and she made this weird comment. She was like, oh you want the real thing.
Speaker 6: Oh oh wow.
Speaker 5: Okay, she was married for a long time. Maybe she's like living.
Speaker 6: Out what she didn't get to do before.
Speaker 5: Or maybe she thinks that this is how dating works now, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's trying it out.
Speaker 12: It's one thing to be trying it out. But she literally suggested. They had this little plant shop in the garden, and she suggested we go behind it and do things.
Speaker 5: WHOA wow, happening.
Speaker 1: Vanessa?
Speaker 5: Dude, I would have been mortified.
Speaker 2: I did not get that vibe from her when we were talking to her before.
Speaker 5: How did you even respond?
Speaker 12: I had no time to respond. She was like, there's nobody in the women's restroom.
Speaker 1: And that was all a turn off to you.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, it was that. And then having to sit down and drink tea casually after.
Speaker 11: That, oh oh wow?
Speaker 6: After you, like Loki rejected her.
Speaker 5: Make awkward eye contact the entire time.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, the good news is you won't have to worry about awkward eye contact in this situation because she is on the line, so you can't see her, but she does want to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, she literally all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she needed to think. So Vanessa, you're there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm here. You I mean like that. That's just what men want, right, and that's just how I am. I'm very active and like you know, have a very high drive. Oh wow, I didn't know I was dating a snowflake. Use me, WHOA? If you're not going to be, you know, a man, then I'm gonna have to take the initiative.
Speaker 1: Who she's calling you out?
Speaker 12: Dude?
Speaker 1: What do you have to say to that?
Speaker 5: WHOA?
Speaker 12: Do you think taking initiative is going behind a plant shop?
Speaker 7: It doesn't have to like that.
Speaker 12: That's too much. Well you ain't.
Speaker 4: Nobody was there.
Speaker 12: It's the first day. You don't do that.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, many.
Speaker 4: Days man, these days?
Speaker 6: Who like this?
Speaker 3: I don't if it was a Netflix until that, you wouldn't be shocked. It's the gardens really threw it off.
Speaker 12: I mean, put yourself in my shoes for a second. After the date, she starts sending me weird messages to come over. She's telling me that she has these adult movies on Blu rays.
Speaker 1: On Blu Ray.
Speaker 5: I'm still put in an adult movie scratched, let me fix this?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You those well those were my husbands. I got them in the divorce.
Speaker 5: It's nice of you to offer to share that with your date, but your date isn't responding to any of your text messages and you keep going, well he.
Speaker 4: Never said no.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he didn't say yes.
Speaker 1: You know, well, this is a.
Speaker 2: Good chance for him to say yes, because we're going to offer to send you two out on another date. And Keith, if you're if you're open to trying this and giving Vanessa another chance, will pay for it.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know what you're gonna get this time around.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, she says herself that she's very forward, she's open. She's just putting herself out there only because she felt such a good connection with you.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming so.
Speaker 5: Sounds like such a sweet, innocent date. I still can't get.
Speaker 11: Over it was it was I was never looking about candle guard.
Speaker 5: She didn't want it to be sweetened, is it?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe the next one can be a little bit better, because we'll pay for it. Keith, if you say yes to another date with her, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Here's just such a whim.
Speaker 5: I mean, really, I think that you like going forward in your dating life, Vanessa, maybe should be a little more upfront about what you're looking.
Speaker 1: Full up in frontal is what people are looking at it.
Speaker 5: I mean it sounds like you're game to do that anyone.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, my grandkids told me about tenders that god.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I need to hear from our listeners. Text in at seventy eight five nine to two. If you've ever successfully fooled around in a botanical garden, The more I say it, the hotter it sounds.
Speaker 1: Anyone ever, I mean, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think you'd get caught, because nobody would suspect it. Yeah, it's not like they're knocking on the door of the bathroom if you've been in there for too long.
Speaker 6: People kissing handle garden, I'd be like, oh, their first.
Speaker 5: Kiss ever, their grandparents, especially her.
Speaker 11: Yeah, how she comes off, Yeah, look at her.
Speaker 5: We can even really go back to the fact that she basically catfished him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, she doesn't know what fishing.
Speaker 5: She was a lot more season than we gave her credit for.
Speaker 2: True, But my guess is that Brooke is thinking the exact same thing that I am.
Speaker 1: Where have all the loose men gone. Where did they go? They used to be roaming all over keeping it zipped up.
Speaker 5: Nowadays, why do you men have self respect?
Speaker 1: It's just a different day and age.
Speaker 2: Now people are hesitant to get freaky behind plant shops in broad daylight.
Speaker 5: Yeah wow, I never thought we'd be here, jeff.
Speaker 2: Anyway, listening to us on the podcast right now, make sure you hit that subscribe button. And if you need help in your dating life, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 11: In the morning.
Speaker 2: Every single guy knows that if you're picking up a lady in your whip, you need to make sure it's looking clean, oh and smelling like success. That's the first step in tricking her into thinking you're a responsible adult. She won't have any clue that your floor was strewn with empty red bullcans and old McDonald's wrappers.
Speaker 1: Like two hours ago.
Speaker 2: And I know one of our listener wishes that he would have done a better job tidying up his vehicle because his entire night was ruined when his date reached down and pulled something out from.
Speaker 1: Between the seats.
Speaker 2: It was definitely incriminating and left all of us in shock. You're gonna hear it in your brand new second Date update.
Speaker 3: Next Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: For a lot of guys on the dating apps, coming up with the perfect opener is like painting the mona Lisa.
Speaker 6: Wow, takes a lot of time.
Speaker 8: Cure.
Speaker 2: Are you just put something down? Stand back, you study it, Add a little word here, yeah, just that line there.
Speaker 5: Take off the eyebrows there, Yeah, tossing.
Speaker 2: An extra emoji, delete that pun, and after four hours you finally send her.
Speaker 1: In four hours, hey, what's up? And no response.
Speaker 5: In there, which so personal?
Speaker 6: You shouldn't have used the apostrophe.
Speaker 1: Is that what it was? I thought the three question marks we're gonna work.
Speaker 2: But today we have a listener who says he actually put in some work, real work, into figuring out an opening line with a sixty percent reply rate, which is extremely high for guys on these apps.
Speaker 1: And that's very very high.
Speaker 2: Heikes, Yeah, okay, what's the average like two percent reply rate?
Speaker 1: Maybe lower?
Speaker 5: How many messages are you guys sendy very difficult.
Speaker 1: His name is Carson, So Carson, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 7: How are you doing guys, are you going to let him deliver the line?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what the line is. I'm curious. I don't never written, so, like, what kind of line are we working with here, Carson.
Speaker 7: Like, we don't even need to talk. But I was wondering if you would critique my profile? I'm new here.
Speaker 1: Oh oh interesting? Okay, what do you think about that? Alexis? An invitation to critique his profile?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but looking at him up, yeah, aren't they then looking at your profile with a negative view that I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna say, because you're only going to pick out negative stuff to be funny about.
Speaker 6: You're not going to say, but it's a conversation.
Speaker 1: So Alexis is in the forty percent that would not reply to this.
Speaker 11: I reply something so rude that they don't apply back.
Speaker 6: Well, even terrible.
Speaker 2: Even that, I mean, that's a response in itself. That's a win, right, Carson, even if it's mean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it did lead to someone.
Speaker 12: Her name is.
Speaker 2: Lenn Okay, Okay, I said, yeah, what was her critique?
Speaker 7: She said I should smile more in photos because I look too serious.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a nice one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Yeah, if you have a good smile, then you should be showing that off and women would like that.
Speaker 6: And pro tip, girls love it when you tell them that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, smile more. You look so smile just in the photos. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: So did you send her a personal pick of you smiling?
Speaker 7: I did not. I said, well you should see my smile in person. Said okay.
Speaker 2: Oh she said okay, and you're like, look to your left out your window right now.
Speaker 5: So what did you guys do for your date? Then?
Speaker 7: I offered to pick her up? Oh. We ended up going to a steakhouse.
Speaker 5: If you're wanting to impress her with the steak dinner, I mean, you must really like this woman, you know.
Speaker 7: What she's She's great. Into the steakhouse, things went really well. It was everything I hoped it would be.
Speaker 5: I want to hear some highlights.
Speaker 1: Did you smile at her the whole time?
Speaker 7: I tried to smile more? Yes?
Speaker 1: Good, Okay, it's too much.
Speaker 5: What did you guys connect over?
Speaker 7: Well, she's a room in the sports I'm a big sports guy, so that was an instant connection. We like similar kinds of music.
Speaker 1: I mean, it all sounds really good. There was nothing awkward that happened on the date.
Speaker 7: Everything was great. The awkward moment was on the way home. Okay, she saw something between the seats of my car, and she reached down. She pulled it out, and it was a canister of lipstick. No, I know, that looks really bad. It probably looked like I was on another date.
Speaker 6: You just tell her, like, look, that's not my shade a little bit.
Speaker 1: I have mine at home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, anyone could have dropped it in your car and fallen out of a pocket, sister or a friend or what did she say?
Speaker 7: Well, she she certainly wanted to know where it came from, and I was.
Speaker 12: I was.
Speaker 7: I was honest with her. Uh, you know, I borrowed my ex girlfriend's car.
Speaker 5: Wait, you were driving your girlfriend's car.
Speaker 6: It wasn't your car.
Speaker 11: Oh no, that's worse than.
Speaker 1: Did that totally smooth everything.
Speaker 7: Over for the conversation that you know mine was in the shop. I was trying to be straight up with her. Obviously, the vibe kind of change at that point.
Speaker 5: Why didn't you just say, a friend, if.
Speaker 7: I could go back and change it, I think I would, that is it. Yeah, it looked like I thought I was getting a good night kiss. Everything was great. Obviously that didn't happen. Yeah, that's why I'm here. I'm hoping maybe you guys can help me.
Speaker 9: Wait, and now she's not calling you back like you haven't smooth it O.
Speaker 7: No, I haven't heard from her since not a week or so, so everything.
Speaker 6: Was going good. It's a circumstance.
Speaker 5: What's the relationship with you and your ex? Before we call her?
Speaker 1: They're on good terms enough for her to the car?
Speaker 5: How good of terms?
Speaker 7: Like we were always friends, we tried to date, it didn't work out, we're still friends.
Speaker 1: That's so cool.
Speaker 6: You guys can do that.
Speaker 11: Okay, that sounds when you try to date somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I mean like you could describe her as a friend instead of an axe for Yeah, did you get a chance to explain that to leand I.
Speaker 7: Didn't get a chance to because we were so close to her house. That was the end of it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's probably for the best.
Speaker 2: You don't probably want to be gloating about how great of a relationship you have with your ex girlfriend on a first date with somebody.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, if you're driving her car, you're going to want to explain something like it's better than we're still sleeping together.
Speaker 9: And what answer is good when you're like she's the best or you're like, oh I hate her, Yeah, you're driving her.
Speaker 5: I think it's a green flag if someone can get along with their ex. You know.
Speaker 7: That's why I'm hoping you guys can get her on the phone and help me explain that to her, because I don't know if she's gonna listen to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna let Brook tackle that.
Speaker 5: I'm friends with all sorts of ex.
Speaker 1: Yasy for guy, what's wrong with him?
Speaker 2: Anyway, We'll call Leanne for you after this and try and help you get your second date update in just a.
Speaker 11: Minute, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Second date updates.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, let's quickly recap Carson's first date with a little game of.
Speaker 1: Good or bad.
Speaker 2: Steakhouse dinner, good idea, good, lots of smiling, good picking her up in your ex girlfriend's white Jetta.
Speaker 1: I don't know every we're thinking that's.
Speaker 2: Probably the big red flag that's been scaring Leanne away from a second meet up with Carson, but Brooke wisely pointed out, actually it could be seen as a green flag that he doesn't have a toxic relationship with past love interests, Right, Brooke.
Speaker 5: Dude, I think that if you can be friends with an ax, it doesn't mean that you still have feelings for them. It's when you still have feelings is when things get dicey and you can't talk to them and you're angry and everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what about friends with benefits?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it's an ex, so it doesn't really count.
Speaker 1: All right, Carson? Does that feel good? Does it give you a little bit of hope before we make this call?
Speaker 5: I'm optimistic, Okay, but there's no benefits with your ex? Right?
Speaker 7: No? No?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, good good.
Speaker 11: Well, besides the car, he does get to borrow her car.
Speaker 5: I've meant a different time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not the physical type of So let's reach out to Leanne. Hopefully she picks up and we can explain this whole thing and get her to.
Speaker 1: Go out with you again.
Speaker 7: Okay, sounds great, good.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's do it.
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey, is this Leanne?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: This is her? Who's this?
Speaker 1: Well? This is actually us?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a whole ensemble of people called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: We're a radio show.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Good good morning.
Speaker 6: Thanks for saying it back. People don't say it back.
Speaker 5: I appreciate It's like when you say you're welcome or.
Speaker 6: Thank Yeah, you're a nice person, Leanne.
Speaker 2: We're hoping that this can be a good morning for you because we're doing something called a second date update.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, you know I've seen it. I've seen her social media.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so well, thank you for finding on social media. You can go to our podcast too.
Speaker 1: She didn't sound like she liked it.
Speaker 5: She comes up in the ALP. We'll always be promoting, all right.
Speaker 8: It's always a disaster. It's always some nightmare case.
Speaker 5: Not that's not true. No, that's not true. We only air the disaster, just the ones that go viral. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we're hoping this is not one of those that you'll never even see this in your feed because we're reaching out based on a date you went with with a guy named Carson.
Speaker 8: Oh, okay, would you call it a disaster?
Speaker 5: Your day with Carson?
Speaker 8: I don't know, Carson, Carson, What are you doing Carson?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we spoke to Carson earlier and he had really glowing reviews about the date. Just what we know from it is that you two connected on a dating app. You said you really liked his smile, had a nice dinner at a steakhouse. There was no kiss at the end. He was a little surprised by that, but no disappointed, I think disappointed. But now you're not open to another one. So he's trying to figure out if there's a.
Speaker 8: Reason he must have left something out.
Speaker 1: I love something out.
Speaker 5: I think you did. Yeah you did.
Speaker 8: Actually, I mean I would be embarrassed. But he was driving his ex girlfriend's car.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, he did tell us that. I just didn't want to recap that part in case it wasn't a big issue for you.
Speaker 5: So I was what was your reaction when he told you that?
Speaker 8: That's not okay? Why that's not okay? Okay? That just means that somewhat special in your life is still in your life.
Speaker 2: I mean, technically, okay, you feel threatened by the ex girlfriend a little bit.
Speaker 8: I know, not that I've just I've dated guys in similar situations and it always ends bad in my my personal situation.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, that's that's okay that you can think that, But let brook explain to you why you're wrong.
Speaker 5: That's not what I'm trying to do. But I do think that you could maybe change your stance on a little bit if you thought of it more as like a green flag, Like here's a guy who still respects someone that he dated, that he that was he it was close to, and it's good that they can still have a non romantic relationship.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, I guess I never considered it that way.
Speaker 5: I mean, have you ever like had a friend and then got your feelings kind of mixed up in that friendship? Like it's hard to have opposite gender friends because you're like, oh my god, how much do I like this person? And then you try out dating and you're like, whoa, I didn't like him that much?
Speaker 2: Did you know that was the case with Carson, that he was friends with that girl first before they tried dating and then it didn't work out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they realized that they weren't meant to be together.
Speaker 8: I mean no, no, I mean this is all kind of like a lot in general. But good point.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, look at you being a reasonable human love it?
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 2: So, so is that something that would maybe change your mind a little bit about possibly seeing him and giving him another chance?
Speaker 8: Possibly the radio person I don't know her name, but like she did bring up some pretty decent points.
Speaker 5: So I feel like I didn't deliver that.
Speaker 6: Ye say, well, her name is Alexis. Give her all the credits.
Speaker 2: I mean, this sounds really good to us in the room here, but I bet it sounds even better to Carson, who's been quietly listening on the other line hoping to talk.
Speaker 8: To you, listening to this whole time?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: I can hear you smiling through the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think he's there, Carson.
Speaker 7: Hey, hey, guys, I'm here.
Speaker 8: What are you doing? What are you doing this for?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 12: Look?
Speaker 5: They are so cute.
Speaker 7: I felt a connection with you that I haven't felt with anybody, and I really want to try to make this work.
Speaker 6: It's adorable.
Speaker 8: That's really sweet to hear that from you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not like those other guys that you dated that were yucky, you know, with their axes.
Speaker 7: Yeah things, yeah, yeah, Well, look, I need to be one hundred percent honest with you. We're getting all out there right now.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 7: I do live with I do live with my ex.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 7: That's how I was able to borrow the car.
Speaker 2: Brooke, how dare you support this and say that it was totally innocent and reflect her.
Speaker 7: It's like a sister. It's really not a big deal, you.
Speaker 12: Know.
Speaker 2: But they're in a good place now, Brooke, you said it yourself, Well you don't live with.
Speaker 5: Your axe and like that feels like you were living together and then you broke up and you never moved out. Did you move in together when you were in a relationship.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know. I don't really remember. There was a lot going on. It just kind of happened. I mean, it's like a timeshirt situation for us, which with the rent, we rotate the car.
Speaker 8: It's shut up, I think seriously, Like I told you guys, this is all disastrous plan.
Speaker 7: Look trust me when I say this, it's not a disaster.
Speaker 5: Oh god, that's famous. Last words.
Speaker 7: Why don't you come over this weekend? We can we can hash it out. And it's my weekend to have the master bedroom.
Speaker 11: Wait what, oh, there's only one bedroom.
Speaker 1: That's a good living situation.
Speaker 7: It works for us, don't judge.
Speaker 5: Wow, where do you sleep when you don't have the bedroom?
Speaker 7: I'm in the car and that's what it's for.
Speaker 1: A car slash bedroom.
Speaker 8: In your car.
Speaker 7: Only part time I can remember it's her.
Speaker 1: Car, not his jet.
Speaker 4: R.
Speaker 5: I have a headache. Yeah, I'm sorry about that whole green flag thing.
Speaker 1: No, it is a green flag.
Speaker 2: It's a green flag that he is such a good roommate that X doesn't even want to let him go.
Speaker 1: That's how awesome he is to live with.
Speaker 5: Dude, you share a bed that you guys rotate on the weekdays.
Speaker 8: Holda.
Speaker 7: We don't share the bed when she's in it. I'm not when I'm in it, she's not. We have a calendar, it's set.
Speaker 11: Up the bed Cali organized community. I can't say it.
Speaker 1: Man, Even Alexis is coming around on him.
Speaker 8: So I mean a nightmare.
Speaker 2: It could be your nightmare if you say yes to another date with Carson and you would pay for that date.
Speaker 5: If you're open to you will be your nightmare if you say yes.
Speaker 6: No, it's not going to be a nightmare until it goes viral.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh I don't want this to go viral. I don't want to go on another date.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you're.
Speaker 6: If you're seeing this on socials, do not come man, do not like this?
Speaker 2: Oh man, Man, Carson. It sounds like a no from Leanne.
Speaker 7: There, Leanne, you know you didn't complain when I used the excess debit card to pay for dinner.
Speaker 5: WHOA get out of here?
Speaker 4: You never told me that.
Speaker 5: How would it come up in conversation?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right?
Speaker 2: Well wow, and Carson, you were worried that the problem was that you picked her up in your ex's car, And turns out the issue is that you actually swap beds with your exes.
Speaker 1: Because you live together.
Speaker 5: Oh and your ex pace for everything, well half of half of the time.
Speaker 7: And then when you say it like that, I think I sound like a pretty good dude.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're a catch, buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, how did Carson think that it was okay to withhold that information from us?
Speaker 1: In part one?
Speaker 6: Has he said him a lot of information?
Speaker 2: Because Brook literally asked him, what's your relationship with your ex?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: And he said, oh, we're still friends. Didn't mention oh, yeah, we share the same master bed off of a rotating calendar would have been a little bit of a different story.
Speaker 5: If you have a one bedroom apartment, you can't call it a master bed. It's the only bed.
Speaker 9: I didn't want to call it an end because the more he's kept talking, the more independent he is.
Speaker 6: He is your debit card.
Speaker 10: Car wouldn't be surprised, but honestly, just be truthful with us up front so Brooke doesn't come off looking as bad as she did.
Speaker 1: And that poor.
Speaker 9: Girl didn't want us to hit the air and now because of him, you know so.
Speaker 2: And that's why I just want to be honest right now with all of our listeners and tell you the truth that we do have a second Date podcast.
Speaker 1: It's real.
Speaker 2: Somehow it gets millions of downloads every month. Even I did not believe that.
Speaker 6: Go look for yourself.
Speaker 2: Brook showed me the numbers. So if you want to check it out and subscribe.
Speaker 6: And Brook always lies, it's
Speaker 2: A green flag to listen to our podcast, Binge Away at Brook and Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning