Speaker 1: Hi. I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know, are you a Charlotte Guess what you guys? Welcome back to Are you a Charlotte guest? Who's here today? Easton? Hi?
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me back, Christens.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited, so excited that you're back because Easton, You guys, this is a whole thing. Easton has been stolen, okay away from me by the Jonas brothers. Can I just share that with you? And please tell us? Where have you been and what have you been doing? Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, Well, we launched a podcast here today Heart Radio called the Hey Jonas Podcast and it's been a lot of fun and I have had the pleasure of going on tour with them crazy for the last month. So I've been to Buenos Aires, Argentina, Mexico City, Las Vegas, Wow, Sacramento. I was in London last week. It's been a wild ride, but it's been so much fun and the guys are so funny either. The show so much fun to listen to. Oh that's good, and I think fans of this show will really like Hey Jonas as well.
Speaker 1: I can also I want to tell you guys that I'm We're in our studio, our little studio, and across from me is a huge drawing that says hey Jonas and has a stick figure and a bunny, an evil looking bunny, and some signatures on it. So I'm basically looking at their set, which is very interesting, very different than mine. I'm like, wow, it's very it's very trippy. And then also next door we have where Kate Hudson and Oliver Hudson, who we love so much, record their podcast and now they're going to be doing it for Netflix. So there's a lot going on around here.
Speaker 2: It's so funny, like do you remember when sometimes you watch those old movies and they go to like a movie set and they'd be like a guy in a night costume and then someone dress as an alien and like an old West. Ye, sometimes it feels like that around here.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like that? I do feel like that. It's a little bit of the studio a lot, yes, because we've got all everything smushed together. So do you want to hear my Jonas story while we're while we're here? I don't know if I've ever told you this, mad have told Hannah. So when Wilson, my son was tiny, I got a job or. I'd been developing this script for Netflix about elephants, and we were able to film this movie about elephants in South Africa and Zambia. So it was weird timing because Wilson was six months old, which is, you know, a little bit hard, but in some ways they're kind of easy to travel with, right because they're like so little. You know, they're not loud and you know, running around toddlers. They're like a tiny baby. So he's six months old and we're going off to South Africa to film and it's pretty exciting. I've got a baby nurse with me that I'm taking because it's going to be long hours. I'm in every scene of this movie. It's a movie based on my own experience with the Sheldrick Foundation, the sorry the Sheldrick Trust in Kenya, but we weren't using their name. It was just inspired by them and my experience with them. So we go to get on We have a fantastic plane. We're on the Emirates first Class, which is like very very dreamy, and Rob Low's with me. He's in the movie as well, and I'm there with my six month old and my night nurse and I have you. There's some of the first class cabin things have a little crib of I don't even know if that's the right word, like a little cot that comes out of the wall.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty cool, very perfect bed for babies.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So I've got my baby nurse and we're right next to each other with the you know, little crib thing happening whatever you call it, a little like it's like a hammock basically for a baby. So this girl comes on. She's wearing a sweatshirt, she's really stressing out. She's standing in the first class Kevin just hemming and haueing like stressing. And she comes up to me and she says, well, you know whatd it be? Okay? Could I move your seat? Could you move a seat? And I was like, oh, I can't really move the seat because I need this baby sling here to put my baby in because I'm really hoping he sleeps during this flight, because I was so worried about him on this first class flight that costs like so much money to be up there. So I had gone and gotten these Starbucks cards for everybody in the first class cabin because I thought they might really really be mad at me because I didn't know what Wilson was going to do, right, I had no idea. I had never flown with a six month old to South Africa, you know what I'm saying. So I didn't know. So I was really nervous and I didn't know why this girl needed me to change seats. But I explained why I couldn't. She said, okay, but she seemed quite nervous, quite nervous, quite nervous. So at the very last minute, everyone else in first class was born, and there were two empty seats at the very last minute. One of the Jonas brothers, who's married to Prianna, and that would be Prianca, Thank you Prianka, who's she married to.
Speaker 2: Nick john Nick?
Speaker 1: Okay, See, this is very hard for me. I can't tell them apart. So Nick Jonas comes on with pre and he sits behind me and she sits over to the side, and I was like, okay, I feel like this is a thing that I should know about, but I don't really know, and I'm really just focused on a six month Luckily, Wilson does great, basically doesn't cry. I know, thank God in Heaven, right, because I was just like, what am I going to do I'm going to dive embarrassment. He didn't make a peep. It was awesome. Right. So we land and I go to hand out my Starbucks cards. I'd already talked to Brianca. She's adorable. She wanted to see the baby. She grabbed his cheeks and he smiled at her, and she was happy. She was adorable. I knew she was an actress, but I didn't. I wasn't sure which Jonah's brother it was, Britna was somebody, but whatever. I was just handing out my cards to everyone, right, And he was so shy and sweet, and he was like, you don't need to give me that, and I was like, no, no, I already got them for everyone enjoy, you know. And he was just like a sweet young man, you know. And I thought, that's so interesting that they are themselves, yes, but yet adorable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've been in this spotlight for such a long time, and yet there's still these like these pure adorable souls.
Speaker 1: Well I agree, That's how I felt. I mean, not that I had that mouch contact with them, but I was like, well, you would just never think that that guy is going to go get up on a stage and have squealing girls and whatever.
Speaker 2: You know, I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 1: I'm glad if they're nice because you're running all around the world with them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they've been. They're so nice, They're so fun to be with, good having a blast. I have missed being here, though, I love being you know, usually I'm sitting across the room here, but I have a front row seat to this.
Speaker 1: I know. We love to have you. We really really missed you when you're not here. So it's very special that not only are you back, you're actually going to break down a Vogue idea with me, which is a very very good and interesting and important episode.
Speaker 2: Don't yes, Oh absolutely yeah. When I saw that this was the episode I had been signed, I was like, I love this episode.
Speaker 1: It's really good, and I really watched it, not remembering hardly any of it. I kind of remembered the kind of the broad strokes of Carrie's storyline that she goes to the Vogue closet and finds the Manila blan Mary Jans, partly because when we went to Manolo Blanik last year with Kathy ang from and just like that, they gave me a re addition of the Mary Jans that I believe it was like the thirtieth anniversary or something. Wow, I know, I know. So I have a really beautiful pair that I feel like I shouldn't even wear, like they're so pristine, and it was really pretty. They put a little pearl on the closure as like a special thing for the anniversary. I love that, I know, I know. So I have another new thing that I think of when I watched the episode, But I only really remembered just the broadest strokes. I did not remember my storyline at all.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So I didn't know what was going to happen. I was like, what is all, Lord Charlotte, What's going to happen? So it was really enjoyable. But also the thing that's amazing it was written by Alan Heinberg, who we love so much and we're really hoping that he will come on the podcast. Yes, he's a very different element added to the show. He's the one who his first episode was the one about the comic book writer, and Alan has a whole comic book thing and he's gone on to show run big shows that are based on comic books, and you know, he's he's a big mucketing muck. Now he doesn't have time, but at some point we hope he comes on, because he really was very different. And I think, I don't know how long he was with us. I want to say, like maybe two seasons or one and a half seasons, but like he really brought a different, a different take to think.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm curious, like there's such an an intimate like understanding of Vogue in this episode. Yeah, and I wonder if you know he's a he's a comic book guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how. I don't know how he got the intimate understanding. I mean, we need to do some research about this, because I do think that this is the beginning, as far as I know of our relationtionship with Vogue, and we do have an ongoing relationship with Vogue. Remember we have the Vogue shoot in the movie, and Plum Sykes and Andrew Andre Leon Tally came for that film filming day. It was incredible. We knew them anyway, but it was adorable to have them. And I know that Anna read the film script and gave her thoughts. I think to Michael Patrick, I want to say, yeah, and it's possible that that happened with this because somehow we were able to have Kendice Bergen play Anna. Yeah, which is weird. It's obviously before the devil War's product, so like it's kind of the beginning of this like cooperation between Vogue and fictional tellings of Vogue.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, it's yeah, it's so interesting because now it's it's become such a such a thing. Yeah, I was thinking about that actually watching Handis, I was like, you know, knowing it predates devil Ware's product. Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm like, how much of this is Anna?
Speaker 1: I mean, I wonder too, but I really liked what Kendice did. I mean, of course I like what Meryl does as well. And Marylyn has said very specifically that it's not Anna, that she has other inspirations that are men, because she's looking at power and how how to portray power, which I think is really interesting. Obviously Anna is very powerful. I've been in many a room with Anna. I'm always pretty scared, Okay, pretty scared, but she is so warm and lovely to Sir Jessica, and they have such a long and lovely relationship, so I just wait, I'm just there. Sarah's usually there and I'm just waiting and I'm just not sure what to do, and then Anna will turn and just be like lovely to me, and I'm like, this is just based on Sir Jessica, and I'm so happy. I'm so happy. But you know, sometimes when they say that she's just arbitrarily mean or whatever, I've never seen that, never seen that, never seen that. I have seen her be in an elevator and not talk to anyone, you know, behind the sheets exactly, but I mean in an elevator of friends, I shall say, in an elevator at an event right where the other people are talking because we're all going at the same event, right. I have seen her just be like, no, I'm not I'm not going to make small talk or whatever. I've seen that. But that's not that crazy, you know, that is what it is. And she's allowed. She's allowed cool. Yeah, yeah, But I know some other people that she's really nice to and warm too, and smiles and you know, does all the things that you don't think she does. But I loved what Candace did in our show because at one point she just laughs at Carrie, which is really funny, you know, and Candace just has such a way of like turning her phrasing. It's it's very interesting. And obviously Michael and Candace go way back to Murphy Brown, which was Michael's first big job, wow, which she wanted Emmy for writing for Murphy Brown starring Candace, which maybe you youngsters listening have not heard or seen. It's a great sitcom from the I want to say late eighties, nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely in the nineties. In Seinfeld, Kramer gets a part on Murphy Brown way in the show, like in the plot of the show. Yes, there's in Seinfeld. In Seinfeld, how could I have missed that? And the Kramer moves to La for like three episodes and she's part of Murphy Brown, and Candace has a cameo.
Speaker 1: And it's fun so funny and good. Now let's let's finish our connection. So Candace plays Anna Wintour in our show, which is weird, but actually she's end because later but do we call her Enid in here? But then remember when Carrie gets drunk and she's walking out and a blonde girl bumps inder and she says, tell me that wasn't Anna Wintour.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was confusing, Right, Yeah, so maybe I don't know if we actually do we actually say that Candace is ened in this one? Where is that later might be lady.
Speaker 2: In this episode? They do call her emails?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: And then I was wondering, like, this is the first time Carrie is written for Vogue, Like would Anna like be with you know, like.
Speaker 1: That's a good question, but probably probably no, that makes sense. But the way she's built up and the way she's so negative and then and the important she has to carry, you know what I'm saying, it's confusing. I need to rewatch it and think about that. But the thing that I wanted to make sure I connect to our readers listeners, whatever they are, is that we had the wonderful Chloe Malon, who is Cannesbergen's daughter, who is now the editor of Vogue. And the funny thing is that when we had her on she was not the editor of Vogue. Yet she was working at Vogue and she had a title I can't remember what it was, but she was doing their podcast and so she was very much in it. And I remember I said this, I had texted Sarah asking her a question about one of the outfits. I can't remember. Maybe the short it's you know, the poor boy cap in the shorts. Yes, And I had said, you were having Chloe on and you know what do you can you tell me about this outfit or whatever? And she said, oh, you know, Chloe is going to be the editor of Vogue. And I was like, whoa is she? Because I'm not I don't know stuff like that, Sir Jesca. She was like, yeah, yeah, I think she's going to get it. And I was like wow, And she was right.
Speaker 2: She was right.
Speaker 1: And the day we were talking to Chloe, remember we talked to her for a long time and at a certain point her phone buzzed and she looked at it and she was like, oh my god, Kristen, I'm so sorry, I've got to go. That was the day that Anna announced that she was stepping down. It was really funny.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that got the phone call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what it was. That's what was. Yeah. The next day we all learned that they had they had called everybody up to the conference room or whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, if you want to listen to a piece of fashion history, you go back and listen to are you Charlotte with.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's true. It was before before she was editor. Now she's edited. But I don't think she's changed at all. Like, she's just so adorable and likable and such a good writer, and you know, she's very I don't think that you can ever kind of win in that situation where you're being compared to Anna Wintour, right, I think that's an unfair comparison, you know, and that she's doing a great, great job. Like I think the covers since she's been on have been great. Not that I'm an expert, but I think she's fantastic. All right, let's talk about this episode. So now now I've got questions about Enid, but that's okay. So basically, now this is one thing I'm gonna have to ask Easton. I'm just gonna be honest with everybody. We are watching out of order. I don't know why. I think it's based on guests. I'm not really sure, but I don't understand. Can you shortly tell me what happened with Aiden and Carrie that they're broken up? Because Carrie says very quickly in the voice over the beginning that she's big changes have happened and she's cut her hair. Basically, there's been a breakup.
Speaker 2: We see her in a Bob at the beginning of the episode, and.
Speaker 1: Is that the first time that we're seeing in the Bob?
Speaker 2: I believe So okay, uh, I believe the debut of the Bob, but.
Speaker 1: I feel like it. I vaguely remember this whole Bob situation. There was a lot of stress. I'm just also want to be on the record. I think I'm allowed to say this. I should probably check, But Sarah Jessica's hair broke off because she had a contract with a hair color campaign I'm not going to name it, and she had to color her hair every which way for like two solid years.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: People are like, why did she get that haircut? And don't mention the haircut? It was horrible and whatever different things they say to me about her hair, And I'm like, did she don't have a choice. We're in production and her hair is just like breaking, you know what I mean. Because it wasn't a normal situation where you're coloring your hair. It was like be brunette, no, be platinum, no, be a redhead. Like it was literally like every single plus you're at work every day getting your hair, you know, heated and styled at all the things. So it's not like anyone thought like, oh, yes, we want to cut Sir Jeska's hair. No, we just had to cut Sir Jesska's hair. So Surge cut her hair. Serge Normant, her longtime hairstylist, who we all love so much, and I thought he did a great job. And then he had a job, I believe with Julia Robertson had to go. And this first day when she is wearing that beautiful, beautiful suit and walking down the street with all the people, it's so good. The way the episode opens, I believe that day a Surge couldn't be there and he doesn't normally come. Well, he did, and just like that, but back in the olden days, he was not on the set all day. He would just cut her hair in life, right, but he was supposed to be there. Because everyone was so stressed about the haircut, he couldn't be there. And so Chris McMillan came, who we also know and love, and did her hair that day, which was really really fun because he's a fun person. But I remember so much stress about the haircut.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, I mean I thought it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it looks great too. But I also understand now that I'm looking at things more, you know, objectively, her hair was so much a part of her and her hair in the show. It's like a character. It changes and it's so glamorous and beautiful. It does this and does that in so many different things.
Speaker 2: So is to cut it.
Speaker 1: I do understand that that was crazy, but no one had a choice. No one wanted to cut it, you know, And I do think. I think Sara Jessica the last time it came up, she was like, yeah, I don't talk about the Bob. I was like, I get it, I get it. It was a necessary thing that happened. Okay, my Hyundai hot take. The opening of this episode is just phenomenal because I feel like in the past we've used very sparingly. Because this is a it's a very difficult thing for directors to film, right Like Charles McDougall did it with Kyle and I when we're going to the Tiffany's window. But it's hard to do. You have to trust yourself and your DP and the crew and everybody and the actor, you know, because they're in a sea if people blocks away, like she's probably blocks away from where the camera was set up, just just trusting that she's in, you know. But the thing that was so great about it, it's such a strong, strong way to start, and it's kind of placing her in the bigger picture of New York, which is very, very very much how you feel in New York, Like you're just one of all these millions of people trying to make it, you know what I mean. And she's got this new haircut, and she's wearing a suit, and it's her first day of work, and so she's kind of placing herself in the working force of New York in a different way than we're used to seeing her. And the visuals just are so powerful for it, but also have such a history, you know, like the movies that I just set off the top of my head when we started, Like there's so many, like I think there's de Niro and Taxi Driver, Like there's so many iconic, iconic scenes in Film of Peace, people walking down the street with all the hordes of people in New York and this is what it is, and it almost looks like the seventies. Yes, And then she emerges in this fantastic suit with her haircut, and they have that cool shot of her back kind of like on the street, like when she's looking for the address for the door. You know what I mean. I don't know quite what she's doing. She's doing something interesting, something Carrie like. But yes, for sure, that could be our Hondai hot take, for sure because it's super strong, very evocative. Yes, right, that would be our Hondai hot take, celebrating iconic moments, bold moves, and unforgettable style, just like Hyundai.
Speaker 2: So Carrie and Aiden breakup to not the last episode, the episode before episode fifteen, and she's not excited about wedding planning. He's getting frustrated that they're not moving that along. They get into the fight, Aiden walks through the hole in the wall, and then we find out through the voiceover at the end of the episode that Aiden has moved out and they are calling off their engagement. They have broken up. That's where we are here at the beginning of episode seventeen.
Speaker 1: So we're in the fallout basically the breakup, and what she says in the voiceover of the beginning of this one is that she has a new mortgage, so she's figured out the apartment situation with the help of Charlotte, I guess, which is really funny because like in my mind also, I hadn't really remembered. I remember the scene around the table about the money, but I didn't remember that I ended up giving her my ring afterwards. I remember kind of the argument, but I didn't remember that. I do take it and say, like, yeah, what else? What else am I going to do with this? Like let me help you, you know, which is adorable. So she goes and gets a job at Vogue in addition to her column, so that she's making more money. Because we've had this whole like Carrie's fiscal irresponsibility storyline going on all season, right, so how come she goes to Vogue? And that's what we start the episode with. And I just want to say also that this episode is directed by Martha Coolidge, who's a lovely, lovely woman who I totally had forgotten about. And I don't mean that in a bad way, but like she's not one of the directors that is like showy that we think of, you know what I'm saying. But this episode is so beautifully directed. I thought, yes, like everyone's really comfortable. It's a beautifully shot. The camera moves are beautiful but not distracting. I love any director who shoots with like a gaggle of regular people walking on the street.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, which is fun.
Speaker 1: It's so reminiscent of say Tutsi And uh, what's the one that Sybil Shepherd is in? The last picture shows? And you know, so many old old movies for all you young people, but great movies. So I love that, and I think that she did a really really good job directing this. So what did you think at the very beginning? I mean, obviously I've seen it many times, but what did you think about Carrie working at Vogue?
Speaker 2: I thought it was exciting. I feel like her column obviously doesn't exist in the real like Carry Bradshaw is not a real person, you know, but vote you know, it's I know, it's.
Speaker 1: Like it's complicated.
Speaker 2: It's complicated. It's complicated, but like, uh, seeing her work at a real magazine is exciting and.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting. And it's not just a magazines, it's a Vogue. It's for all of us. Now. It is interesting because now I don't know what it means to people, you know, it's like things are changing, but certainly to our generation, it really was the Bible in so many ways. It was so lofty, like desirable, and you know, you just waited to get the new Vogue. He took it home right away, and for me, I would do my nails while I looked at the new Vogue because it took that long, right, you just like look at it and you have to go back through then you have to pick what you were going to read when you would go back to the pictures, you like, you know, it was like a whole process. It was like a day. You know, it was fun. It was fun in the olden days with like the paper magazines. People don't even really realize that now. Yeah, but I do think it still has a lot of meaning absolutely right, like who's on the cover of Vogue. And I think they've done a good job, like we were staying with Chloe mal where they've diversified it now where there's the podcast and there's visuals and there's videos that go with the photo shoots now and like all those things I think are helping it stay relevant.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's fun because it's it's still such a big fixture in fashion. But then also you can see like an interviewer Dua Lipa is playing ping pong and answering questions at the same time or something.
Speaker 1: That's so cool. Absolutely, they've done that well, I think, don't you think? Yeah? I think, yeah, I really do think they've done that well. And I do think also like Gracie Abrams is on the cover right now, and that's a big deal. That's a big deal, your first Vogue cover. And also I love them because they've just been so great to sir Jesca. She's done the most amazing covers and stories and they dress are up in like ball gowns and whatever. So and that would have I think already happened in life, right, yes, And then so her relationship with Vogue is kind of happening like in real life, but then also on the show, which is interesting. And then we incorporate them in the movie when they come and do Carrie Bradshaw's wedding thing. It's cool. I love the crossover kind of weirdness of it all.
Speaker 2: Yes, me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So go ahead, they come. We go to Vogue. Ron Rifkins is there, he's playing Julian that's his name. We love Ron Rifkins. So much. I remember this whole thing was like, you know, none of us gets to go to Vogue, right, it's very much Carrie's Carrie's world. But we were so jealous, like we were like, how did it go? How was everyone? What was it like? And there were all those extras. Do you remember there's like so many people who worked there. It's a whole whole other thing that started up. You know, it was like a big, a big deal on the you know.
Speaker 2: The real office they filmed it or no, no, I don't think it was.
Speaker 1: I would have to double check that, but I don't think it was. I've oh, it could have been. I was gonna say, I've been to the Vogue office. It doesn't look like that, but that's because it sat down at that one cond nasty way downtown and we were just there when we were promoting, and just like that, we were. There's like a floor for Vogue, a floor for I don't know all their different was their other one called Cosmopolitan or something. We went you had to like go up and down to different floors to do different things for different you know, press opportunities or whatever. It was kind of KOOKI I can't even remember there are other condennesk magazines, but I guess this would have been before that, so it could have been their real but it would have been very hard for them to function and have us they are filming. Yeah, and I also felt like the short little tracking shots that they did have of uh, Carrie and Enid and Julian ron Riskin's character there not that long. They're pretty short shots. I think it's because they just had a little area that they dressed up in offices that That's what I thought when I watched it. I also think there were too many people there. Yeah, I mean they're trying to make it look really busy. I totally get it. I've never seen a magazine with that many people like crushed into that area, you know what I mean? Yeah, I could be wrong. I could be wrong. We can ask Michael Patrick.
Speaker 2: I loved There's I mean, this episode there's so many like fashion things that jumped out at me. But I love Carrie's cameos.
Speaker 1: It's good, right, It's so good.
Speaker 2: A different one later in the I know, I know.
Speaker 1: The thing that I think when I look at it, which is kind of funny. Sarah Jessica always loved cameos and I grew up with cameos. There's cameos that have been handed down in my family that are less beautiful and large and whatever. But there was the cameos. The first cameo storyline that I'm aware of in the show is when I get married, I wear a cameo. And there had been a storyline that ended up getting cut, and I believe it was you know, you're something old, you're something blue, blah blah blah. I think the cameo was supposed to be something blue. The tray wanted me to wear, or Bunny wanted me to wear, but I hated it. So they went and they got these cameos, but they were beautiful, and then I string went on a chain like it wasn't so because also I was like, how how do you wear a cameo on your wedding? Like where do you put it? You know, you can't like penitch your dress, that'd be bad. Like I remember there was a drama about it. And then I remember sar Jessica saying like, you know, get this kind, don't get that kind, like she was knowledgeable about cameos, which of course you know, of course she is. And I end up with that beautiful one, which I think I have at home actually, and then we had to cut the dramatic part of that storyline because it wasn't ugly, Like why would Charlotte not love it? Like it was weird? Do you know what I mean? So we cut that section. Yeah, and then I think she was like, yeah, I want to wear a cameo. But then of course they're so special their unusual cameos like Carrie would have you know. But I love that whole I believe it's a Vivian Westwood suit. That suit is so gorgeous everything about you know. And also at the end she was in another different suit that's gorgeous. I love Carrie in the suits because we usually don't get to see that, so it's fun. Yeah, I love the whole thing. It's a whole departure, really fun to watch cut too. Charlotte and Miranda. I didn't remember one single bit of this, so it was really really interesting for me to watch because I was really nervous that Charlotte was going to mess up the whole time. I'm like, Charlotte's gonna cry, Charlotte's gonna get baby things, Charlotte's not going to listen to Miranda. I had a lot of anxiety watching it, and in the end I was really pleased with it, but I was like, oh, oh, no, God, Jesus, what's gonna happen. I didn't remember one bit, which is weird. Okay, isn't that weird. I don't know why I remember some things and then I don't remember other things. But then when I cut, when I'm in that outfit, that weird boost with that blue skirt with like paintings on it, I remember that outfit. Because that outfit lives on Instagram. People will choose it for their favorite outfits. I thought it's bizarre, right, It's also like what was pat taking that week? Like what am I wearing? It's some fairytale princess outfit? I don't know, and I think I own it. But also I thought I word in the movie like I thought that was like later I was like, what am I wearing that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? But anyway, that's how my memory is at this point. It's very patchy, very very patchy. So I really love this one because Miranda is very pregnant now yes, and Charlotte is obviously not. And not only is she not pregnant. She is now getting divorced. So it's a great jexta position of the two storylines and how they play on each other. And I love anytime that they allow me to have a scene with Cynthia, which now we've got to have a couple. It's so exciting, right, it's so exciting. So that was really good, and I love the writing. And so basically we're at the coffee shop and Miranda comes in and she's all flustered because she apparently has to buy a stroller. You know, she's so funny and Miranda, and now that I've had children myself, I can tell you it is a full time job. You don't know what the heck to buy. You have to do a lot of research. So this was right on. Like whoever we were getting baby advice from was right on it. None of our writers are pregnant at this point, right, so like we're having to, you know, stretch our understanding to get these baby storylines going. But we did good because this is totally accurate. You don't know what to buy, and everyone has opinions, and there are these places that they send you which are just literally you could just be locked in there for a week and never find your way out. You know, there's like just a myriad of things to choose from. So Charlotte very rightly says to Miranda, well, remember how you didn't want to have a baby shower. If you'd had a baby shower, everyone would be giving you this stuff. And she's like, but I don't want to have a baby shower because everyone opens presents, and Carrie and Samantha are like, oh, yeah, we don't want to go to a baby shower, which I totally understand. Also right, and also we have the history and the show with the baby shower, which you know is hysterical but also very relatable storyline. So Charlotte very rightly says, Miranda, you need to have a baby shower so people will give you these things, and then they hem and holl about it. Miranda doesn't want to do it. And Miranda doesn't want anything baby or anything stork, and she doesn't want sandwiches with the crest cut off. She wants fried chicken. And she made Charlotte promise her that she will not do any of the typical baby shower things, and Charlotte promises, And I had a lot of anxiety. It's like Charlotte's not gonna be able to do this, Oh no, And then it was fun to watch how it all went down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it came together beautifully. I thought. I love watching because I too had anxiety about Charlotte, like not being able to help herself in this situation. Yeah, but I just I just love seeing Charlotte is such a good friend and here's so much better friends. And I just like watching that.
Speaker 1: Me too, Me too. And also like when she does call her work with the quote emergency, and then the emergency is that she's at the baby store and she needs items for the registry. Very Charlotte, and she's got all the baby toys. I remember all those baby toys and I was like, what are these things? Because I didn't know nothing about babies at that point. I was like, what, it's a what? But they were that the who's it? The what's it? Whatever it's called. These were very much of the time, like very like there are certain gifts for baby showers that are in like like a fad and when people have babies, like every baby shower you go to, there'll be certain things and then they'll pass. They'll then they'll be over it and people will be like, A what what it'll be, It'll be done. Like when my first daughter came, I uh, these swaddles were everywhere, and I think they still are. But I don't think they're the thing now. Like I think there's other things. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying that there's something. God I don't have kids, but I so ma of my friends do. And there's there's something. I keep seeing people saying like, oh, you have to get this and tremer what it is now has a brand name. Maybe I can't know if it's like a diaper cleaner or or something, or a diaper genieaper genie y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was talking about how much you agree the diaper Genie is.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's hysterical that things have been around forever. Okay, but I would say that it is great. I have had many many I tell you many, because at one point we had our apartment in New York still and you'd be like, oh my god, because diaper is a situation. You got to you gotta have the easy disposal for the diapers. I don't want to deal with that. But then the thing that the girls get to bring the funny part of the whole baby situation is that at the baby shower, when Charlotte does finally throw it, Samantha and Carrie bring this nightmare baby gift, which is so funny because they basically ask somebody, I guess they ask Charlotte, and Charlotte tells them, and they bring a thing that's made of diapers. Yeah, it's weird. It's very weird, but they feel very proud of themselves, and then Miranda's not that happy. So it was kind of funny, but yeah, I think it's a really great way to show, you know, the differences of the characters, but also the love, the through line of the love, you know, like that scene that I have with Miranda. So we're at the baby shower. All the lawyers have come. We don't know these lawyers, but I'm so glad that they're good friends of Miranda's and they came right and we're all there. I was like, who's going to come to the baby shower? And I was like, Wow, there's a lot of people there are fantastic.
Speaker 2: She works in offices next to people they know.
Speaker 1: It's great, it's great. And one of them brings an actual baby, which is interesting, like a like a toddler ish type baby. And at one point they one of our producers, Grace notton Is, plays the part who gives Miranda the Tiffany thing, which was funny. I was like, Oh, there's Grace, our producer. How funny. And then Miranda opens the Tiffany thing and it's of course exactly the same one that Trey had given Charlotte. And then Charlotte just like cries, and I was like, oh lord, man, I must have been stressing about that. I mean, anytime the writer's write like you know that, you just like whoa. I'm like, oh lord, but I thought it was okay.
Speaker 2: But I was like, whoo, that's a very good cry, was it?
Speaker 1: I thought, okay, okay, okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you pointed out that it was the producer who gave her the rattle, because there when I came if it's right before she opens it, right after, they hold on that woman for a little bit and I'm watching it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was so so true. I noticed that as well. They hold on her longer than they hold on the woman who has the baby, who has a line or two and hands the baby to me to Carrie actually hands the baby in our general direction and Carrie takes him. But yes, they really they had a single setup in Grace and they held it there long enough for me to go like, oh my god, there's Grace, Wow in this episode. Oh my god, there she is. And then it was over. It was like a pretty long, pretty long You're absolutely right, that's funny.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know, I never I never want to see you in emotional turmoil. But this is the point of you know, drama and everything. It was yeah, great, great, cry, thank you, My heart ached for you, for for Charlotte, and then seeing her and and Carrie come together, and after the child whizzes on right on Carrie. A nice moment at the end of that scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I liked it a lot. I liked it a lot. So Charlotte runs off to her bedroom. I'm sure you'll all remember. I didn't remember one tiny bit of this, not one tiny bit of it. Nope, nope, nothing, nothing, nothing. No, I'm trying to think. I remember, like when we cut to the scene in the baby store. I remember filming in the baby store. Interesting, and I remember because I had to say that, who's what's it in the whatever? And I didn't know anything about these things right, and so people were having to explain. I think Travis, our prop guy, was having to explain to me like this is the Who's it, and this is the blah blah blah, and I had to be like trying to get those lines right when I didn't really know what I was talking about, which is always hard. And I was by myself in a store and I had to do props and the phone. I remember some drama between the phone and then I think Marianda hangs up on me, and then I have to go get my phone and look at it because I've been on a speakerphone. I guess I think there was some drama about like how I was gonna because they wanted me to like play with the toys, but then I would have the phone as well, so I remember some stress about that. And generally speaking, I hate to act by myself. I do not want to act by myself. Some people are really great at it, you know what I mean, And they don't care, you know, Like for instance, Sarah Jessica Parker, like her stuff in her apartment some of my most favorite stuff ever. She's just so incredibly good and interesting and somehow dynamic. And there's something great about acting on camera by yourself because you create this kind of private space, but also the crew is there, but you feel very supportive by the crew, whereas when you're on stage by yourself, it's just terrifying. It's just generally terrifying, right, And like soliloquies, you know, or monologues on a stage by yourself, which I have done, but I still remember them because they're terrifying because you can't. The thing that you learn in acting is to put your focus on the other person. And that's how come you're not nervous, right, because you are focused on the other person and you want something from the other person, so that naturally puts your focus on the other person and off yourself, which is great. But when there's no other person there, what are you gonna do? Do you know what I mean? You're gonna be focused back on yourself and it's gonna be scary. No, that's not true for all actors, but for me, really really true. So whenever I see myself on the phone or whatever, I'm like, oh lord, I know I'm nervous.
Speaker 2: I know I'm nervous with the phone conversation or the phone scenes do I apologize if this seems like a a dumb question, but like is there someone else like on the other end of the phone, Like do they have like is there a director saying it?
Speaker 1: Or so this is what they do now. I was just in Toronto working. I can't say too much, but I can say I had a phone call and the other actress was on the other line. Wow, And it was fantastic. She was in the hair and makeup trailer. She wasn't far away, but she wasn't on set, but she was actually on the phone, which was amazing. I'd never had that happen before really, because in Sex and the City and in just like that, we would make a really big effort. It didn't always work, but we would make a really big effort that the other actor would be there for you, okay, because we you know, that's just how we rolled, and that's what Michael Patrick wanted because especially like our scenes are very quick, you know, we have to have I'm snapping my fingers everyone if you can't see me, you know, it's like blah blah blah blah blah blah bah. Right, and we also know each other so well, but also you might shift or change and oftentimes I don't know if you realize this, but there's our guns that happened on the phone, right, So if we had an argument on the phone, whoever it was would come, And if we were in the studio in one of our apartments, the actor would be on the other side of the set, right like the other side of the wall, you know what I mean, So you could hear their voice, but you couldn't see them. Now, in the case that the actor couldn't be there, which could happen right, then our script supervisor or our first a D, depending on the situation. We had this one first a D Betty Anne, who really was like a big personality. I don't know how to put it, but she might be reading because she'd have this she'd be nearby anyway, and she'd have the script. But technically speaking, it should be your script supervisor. And I was just thinking about we had this incredible script supervisor, Jen get Singers her name, and she's now a big director, and she would read it, which was great. Like some script supervisors can be very flat because their job is just to sit and take notes and do continuity. It's a very kind of a nerdy job. It's like a they'd take all these notes and dialogue, like write things all over the script. You don't have to keep track of everything. It's not like, yes, I want to be reading lines with people, job right, yeah exactly. But oftentimes that is something that they would have to do, but they're never loud enough. You're always like what.
Speaker 2: I always wondered if like you had to do it, because the part of me is like, oh god, you just have to do it alone with nothing and just visualize it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that would be very hard.
Speaker 2: Or then I also picture just like you know, some like gruff guy just on the other side of the camera going like, uh no, get me the get the.
Speaker 1: It's quiet like that. It's like that. I mean, I think for timing, it's very helpful to just have the other lines, right, So I think for timing. Now, the truth is between a script supervisor and the other actor, there's going to be a huge difference in timing and intonation obviously, but it's enough to just have like a placeholder that you're hearing the other side, because if you're having a conversation in your mind or whatever, it's very hard to just like imagine the other people talk. You know what I'm saying. It's hard. It's hard. I mean they're hard anyway, right, Yeah, but I always think they work really well. The thing that I think is interesting to think about now is how much we FaceTime people. And FaceTime is hard and shows that. I know, some shows do it and some shows don't. It's really interesting. I don't know. I don't really know if it works totally, do you know what I mean? It's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Part of me, on a technical level, I'm always like, is it easier to do? Because you can just like film everyone, you know, like you can like do it and post or whatever. But if you're doing like a real FaceTime, well.
Speaker 1: The thing that's really hard. I don't think you ever do a real FaceTime. You have the camera, the phone has like a special special effect. Basically you usually have a phone guy come, okay, you know, you have like a phone technician, and they come and they have to like pause it or play it back or do this or do that, and then they put a special screen up for special effects that has like marks on it, you know, so they can put something on it. But it's not so you're never really doing it, doing it right, and if you're not really doing it in real time where you're looking at the person and look, maybe somebody does. I don't know. This is all new technology, which we're all trying to figure out what the heck to do with in a show, right. But Michael Patrick was like, now FaceTime doesn't work. I was like, okay, bye, we won't FaceTime. We won't FaceTime anyway. Let's go back to the show. Let's go back to the show back in like, what year is this now? Two thousand and one? Two? Okay, so did we didn't? So the thing that's really sweet at the end of the show, which I don't know if we totally said. So, we're at the shower, the lawyers are there, Charlotte sees this tiffany baby. What is it? What do you call that thing? Rattle? Thank you so much? The baby rattle very old school and well, one thing I should say is that when Miranda does come, because at one point Charlotte's like, you better come where surely makes sense. Miranda does come. She's not dressed properly, but that's okay, and Charlotte luckily got her the fried chicken. Thank god. I was like, go, Charlotte, this is so good. I was really worried. So then at the end she has her little breakdown during the opening of the Presence, and then she goes to her bedroom puts a pillow over her head, and then Miranda comes in and it's like, you know, you have to leave the bedroom because there's twenty people out there, and you threw the shower. And then they have this lovely scene where Miranda is very motherly to Charlotte, which is so helpful because Miranda the whole episode has been stressing that she doesn't have maternal instincts, yes, which makes so much sense, and as an audience member, I was also stressed. But also I struggle between Cynthia and Miranda. Right, Cynthia already had a baby when we ever met her, you know what I mean? Yeah, And now in life I think, no, she doesn't have two yet, She's going to have two, do you know what I mean? But like, she's very maternal, but Miranda's not so much maternal, you know. So it is really interesting to look at and I love the writing because it's very real thing that you might get pregnant and you might want to have a baby. But you also might be really deeply worried that you're not going to be good at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, I get it completely me too.
Speaker 1: And I love the scene where she Miranda goes to Carrie's and sits on the stoop with her. It's a really really good scene. As their scenes are always just so fantastic, but they didn't even mention that in our Little Story Brokedown, which is funny. It's such a great scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it too, And I love when the couple walks by and.
Speaker 1: They date and she's like, I hate them. It's so cute and so good. The writing is so great and it's so good because also I think they made me laugh out loud and I can't remember what they said they made me laugh out loud, but something. It was just a really great scene. I think that it would be so interesting. I don't know who has time to do this, but if someone has time to take like maybe one scene from each season of Miranda and just string them together, just the two of them scenes, right, Like remember way back early when we think Carrie is going to see Big she called someone in the phone booth, but it's Miranda sitting there so adorable, you know, and Miranda is always so direct with her, Like I love the scene. I was talking to Sin the other day and she said, oh, have you seen the part where we go shoe shopping? And I tell her, you know, why shouldn't have any money? And I'm like, yes, it's so great that scene. It's so great. Like there's just things that I didn't remember that stand out to me. Now, are you watching it where the through line of them is just excellent, excellent, excellent. Yeah, it would be really fun to see, especially if you took them from the beginning of the show through the movies through and just like that. Yes, that would be fun.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: We should do it.
Speaker 2: I think we can do that.
Speaker 1: That would be a special episode. We could. We could just look at them, I know, but then like how would we really we should show the people. I don't know how to do that, Okay, we'll figure out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's really interesting because I just think the writing is just so wonderful when it's the two of them, because of their differences but also their love, but also the way their wit, you know, each one's sense of humor plays against each other. It's very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so good fun to watch.
Speaker 1: I agree, so good to watch. So it's nice by the end because basically Charlotte has had this little emotional thing but also done her best to be a good friend to Miranda. Miranda then comes and tries to be her best friend to Charlotte, and it's very sweet to her and basically says, I can do this without you. Yeah, she's adorable, so adorable. So I loved that whole storyline. Didn't remember one little bit of it. I really really enjoyed it. So that was good. And then, oh my god, let's talk about Samantha because James remar Wow, he's so good, so good, the fact that you even like him at all, and some of the things he does in this episode. He wants to have a threesome for his birthday with this beautiful blonde hostess girl from this restaurant, and that is just fundamentally such an inch thing.
Speaker 2: It's such anch's such an inch thing.
Speaker 1: And somehow he says it was such charm. Yeah, do to mean such charm. And then poor Samantha, who really would like to just be, you know, in a serious relationship with him, but it's scared to say it. We know from these past episodes where she said she loved him on ecstasy and then she was like, I'm sorry I said that, and he's like, that's okay, you're in ecstasy. But then she really does want to say it is so sweet. And then she's trying to get him to say what he wants for his birthday and he's like nothing, nothing, nothing, and then this flirtatious hostess comes and he's like, well, you know, now I know what I want. And so Samantha has to play it off like oh, yes, of course, sure, that's fine with me. You know, she has her whole Samantha thing. And then I didn't remember this either. I was like, what's gonna happen? I don't remember this? How could I not remember this? So this girl shows up, and you know, I like what they do and that they really twist it, like Samantha's gonna like take charge and tell her like no kissing Richard on the lips, I own his lips. And the girl is like okay, and then the girl takes her top down and Samantha takes her top down. You know, it's like one upmanship or whatever. And then luckily when we get to the sex part of it all or whatever. This girl calls Richard daddy, which is so gross, Okay, fundamentally gross, and luckily both Samantha and Richard are gross out by it, thank God in Heaven. And then he's like, get rid of her, and then she pushes her off the bed for the second time. All very very enjoyable, very very very enjoyable. I really liked it.
Speaker 2: There's a lot not to like about Richard, but I did enjoy this, and like when he says I want the threesome for my birthday, I was like, oh, great, Like you know that this is like such a thing. But seeing how he reacted to being called daddy was enjoyable.
Speaker 1: Thank god, right, thank god. You don't know, you don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay's gonna be into this totally, but that would have been horrible.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, but also it really makes me like Samantha. I like the way she is in the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I had written down, is this the only time in history having a threesome help domain commit.
Speaker 1: A good point at the end of the relationship. Yeah, that's a really nice ending, isn't it. I mean, because we know that's what Samantha wants, right, I mean it's not it's not. I didn't feel like as an audience, like, yeah, yeah, they're going to work out. I didn't feel that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I want Samantha to get what she wants, yes, which is him or whatever, and also not to have to play these stupid games like that must be relief.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But he's very very likable that he could even do any of this stuff and have us like him at all, you know what I mean, that's what I thought. And then he's just very sweet with her, like he's very simple with her. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good. He's very very good.
Speaker 1: What did we not cover?
Speaker 2: We should talk a little bit more about Carrie and Julian and what happens to them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I love that out. Yeah yeah, let's go back to carry. Carrie's got a very big storyline. It's super fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yes, Carrie gets drunk at the Vogue office after being supplied with Martiniz from Julian.
Speaker 1: It's true. I thought it was a bit of a stretch, that, you know, And I mean, I hope this doesn't sound really mean, but I do know Candae, right, So I do feel like this might be based on something real. Oh interesting, that's what went through my mind. But I also do know Sarah Jusica, right, so it's also just kind of it's like hard to understand exactly, Like she she has two martinis or whatever, and he does at one point say like, how could you be drunk? Off to Martinez and she says, I didn't eat breakfast and MSIs too, which is only somewhat true. I'm pretty sure she's a zero, but okay, and you know, and obviously she's saying she's a lightweight, which also kind of doesn't track with Carrie who's always drinking cosmos. It's like it's interesting, you know what I mean. But I think that the I get the idea that, like she's she's there, it's a formal setting. She's used to just doing whatever she wants in her life, right, because she works from home. She you know, writes and smokes and drinks and chats and wonders around her apartment, right, So I get that this is like a formal setting where she might mess up whatever and then be really worried about it. That part I kind of get, but it just seemed a little hard like the the level of which Carrie is supposed to be drunk, you know what I mean. It was a little like whoa, okay, wow. But she's funny. She's really funny doing it.
Speaker 2: It is very funny. But she's also kind of like, you know, she's like hiccupping.
Speaker 1: She's hiccupping exactly. She's got she's got like when she does her big like you know, arms and whatever. She's so adorable. She's so funny when she does like bigger things. I always really enjoy that.
Speaker 2: And you brought this up before we started recording, but we should point out that Sariah Jesca played Ron Rifkins's daughter in the off Broadway production of the Substance of Fires.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, which I saw I forgot. It's by John Robin Bates. Oh my god, you guys, do you realize who John Robin Bates is? Because he is a trip. He's a lovely guy. He wrote The Substance of Fire, which was a big hit. Oh yes, that's right, and then he wrote Brothers and Sisters.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Rob Loo was in it, Sally Field was in it, Matthew Reese was in it. Calista Flockhard was in it couple, but like amazing, right then now he's writing All's fair? Wow, right, I mean, what a trippy, trippy development of all of it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, And I think he wrote something that maybe John Benjamin Hickey is going to direct on Broadway. So some there's some other things happening. I saw his name somewhere and I was like, oh, it all comes together. But yes, that's right. It was a substance of fire, which was great. Yes, and Ron Rivkin plays Sarah's dad in that not only what Oh my god, so.
Speaker 2: Eleven years before this episode aired. Wow, And you know there's that through line of this episode of Richard not being life stream called Daddy, Carrie talks about her father issues.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, thank you for bringing that up. Okay, someone who came on it might have been Sam and Curtis. I at one point had said something about Michael Patrick saying that he didn't want to have the backstory of all of our family situations right, that he felt very strongly right, which is of course really true. And he had talked about one time that Carrie had opened her drawer and there had been a picture of her father, and then then she closed it, and they had cut that out, I believe, or something something or maybe there was supposed to be another reference to it or a conversation about it or something like that. But this whole episode it shows up all of a sudden, and it's so good because basically Ron Rifkins's character, who does seem very fatherly at first, right, he says something to her like, what's your situation with your father? And she was like, well, you know, what did your father think of the article? That's what he says, and she goes, well, I don't really know because he left us a long time ago. And he goes, oh, well, how did you feel? And she was like, well, I don't know. I was five. And he goes, well, don't you think you have some unsolvedaddy issues or something like that, and she was like, oh, you know, oh brother, you know whatever. Yeah, and he's like, sorry, I've been in an analysis for a long time. And then later on it comes back up and she's writing in her column basically something do we have it in our notes? Basically something to the effect of is it She asked, Miranda, I think isn't that simple that? Because I didn't have a great relationship with my father that I'm never going to understand men, and yeah, Miranda says, well, my dad was home every night for dinner and I don't understand men. And then she says something like, oh, yeah, so it's a crap shoot. And Miranda's like, yeah, it's a crap shoot. And I was like, that is so well put. Yes, it's so good. It's so good. But I love that she even went there and I had fully one hundred percent forgotten. And then we do see a picture of her little self and her dad, which I have to go back and look. I think it's Sir Jessica and her dad.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I wrote this down. I had a question about this because when in movies and TV shows, when they show an old picture of an actor, it's clearly a picture of them as a child. I love when that happens. Like you said, I think this is I was wondering if that was that serious.
Speaker 1: I need to go back and look. I think it was Sir Jessica's dad and her He was he was a he was kind of a big guy, and uh, that's what it looked like. The picture was very CPA like seventies looking, so I would have to go back and check. I could actually ask her. Often what they do, and you can sometimes tell, is that they would get a you. They would ask you to bring your baby pictures in. Then let's say that your dad is being played by an actor who's there. They get old pictures of them in and they photoshop, you know, they edit them together.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask if that's ever happened.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh for sure, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I mean just this job I just did, there's many a flashback and whatnot, and uh, they created a bunch of pictures. I'm not going to say anymore because I'm not supposed to weird, but that's what Disney wants, so that's what I will do. But yeah, they they Sometimes what they'll do is they'll have you come in and take pictures and then try to work on them to make them look up the era interesting, right, and then but oftentimes they'll like, I'm trying to think, you know, because when we did the movies, I had a little toddler aged Lily, right, I think we got though it was twins, and I think we got their baby pictures and then cut one out right and then put younger Charlotte and younger, Harry, you know what I'm trying to say, because we missed the baby years.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, I think that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they do. There's some magic you know, in the you know, photo department.
Speaker 2: Basically it must be so, I mean, being an actor's so any bizarre things that happen to you, But like this so weird to see like a picture of you from high school that you have personal memories too, and then just see it next to like Rob Low from high school. You know, like that's true, that's strange.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't give them. I mean, this is where it gets very difficult, is that you like, I don't give them Maybe I used to in my beginning of my career. I don't give them ones that are really recognizable or whatever. I try to give them more like like I wouldn't give them. Oh I feel like I have given people my high school graduation picture, but I wouldn't give them like, oh, maybe I have. I'm thinking of this now, what other pictures would I give them if they if they ask you for high school pictures, you don't have that many like formal high school pictures, right, yeah, have like the prom you know whatever?
Speaker 2: Have?
Speaker 1: Right? I probably have. That's weird. Oh, that is weird. It's funny because when you're in the middle of production or starting or whatever. Right you're in the middle of prep, You're just like, oh, I'm giving them whenever they want. They're asking for these things. But I also feel now that we're in this weird digital age where they can find them, you know what I mean, it's strange. I don't know, it's all very strange. And then if you think about all the things, sometimes I get very freaked out by the AI things that they do to the four of us, Like there's this whole baby thing. Did you see the baby thing? The people that we knew reposted them like Molly reposted it. I was like, I am not going to post us as babies AI babies. That is weird.
Speaker 2: It's I'm not a fan of AI. I just like I hate meaning. Yeah, but sometimes I see those videos where it's like it'll be an actor now themselves. It just looks like in the eyes and it's just like, I.
Speaker 1: Know, I know, I know. And I also I don't want to see myself hugging my young self. That's egg people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm like, who wants this?
Speaker 1: It's so no one, no one. This is what I do think, though, there was this trend that I believe my girls who helped me with my social media did do a video of me in the nineties. What were you like as the ninety in the nineties mom or whatever? Right? Is that right? And we did, We actually did one and it got a lot of play and adorable. Sissa texted on my you know, on my comments, said that she didn't know why she was crying. That she thought it was the passage of time, you know, because Sissa's really deep, and I was like, I love you so much, Sis, so you know, so sweet. But she said anyone that was at the beginning of the trend, anyone who was posting those it would make her cry. Well. Then I look at I'm like, oh my god, Sarah, Jessica did what And then I realized, no, Sir, Jessica did not do one. Sir Jessica does not do these things. TTY mean someone else did it, but that's not cool. And then you don't even know for sure if it's real. Tudy mean, I mean, I know the part she's done right, and I recognize them, but like, there were questionable things in there. And then I saw this weird, weird Rachel White's one. She's not even on social media and she's walking. But I'm like, I don't know if that's Ai Rachel Weiss, Like, what is it? It's not good, it's not good. We need to do whatever there is. There's some bill out there in the in the law world, the world of laws about no fakes, Like, we need to pass that because if they can do it to us and it's funny and fun, that doesn't really mean that it's going to be funny and fun when they're doing it to everybody. You know, it's freaking me out. I know, it's just bad. It's bad. All right. That was funny. So thank you and it was such a great episode. Thanks for being back. We love you. Anytime you want to come.
Speaker 2: I'm always ideally, I'm always here.
Speaker 1: Ideally, you're always here. I know you're really needed by the Jonas brothers, and that's fine.
Speaker 2: Love me so much.
Speaker 1: Sure they do. We love you because you're really great at your job, and you're really smart and personal and you can be behind the scenes or in front. Oh, it's great, you know.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Kristin. I'll be clipping that putting it on my playlist and listening to that later.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's fine, you can do that. Thank you.