Speaker 1: It's nine Ogene Onegine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Hello everybody, it's us.
Speaker 2: Who's zoom? And who?
Speaker 1: Nobody zooming anybody? Today?
Speaker 3: After watching this episode, I don't want to zoom anybody ever again.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe last week we forgot to talk about the end of the episode. We didn't even touch on the fact that Steve punched Dylan in the face. Oh right, because I don't care. No, I must have stopped. I had to go back today and watched the end of the last episode because I was like, what are they talking about?
Speaker 2: Why is his handle busted up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But there there it was. I guess Steve gave him what a punch? That was huh so bad? That Yeah, had a.
Speaker 4: Sucker It was a bit of a sucker punch. But there was a big old slap in this.
Speaker 1: Why did they always make why do punches always make that sound on TV? Is that what a punch sounds like? Like?
Speaker 2: Like never punch? Remember pow?
Speaker 1: What was that from?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Batman?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: So yeah, bluieluis wait?
Speaker 4: I have to apologize to Mrule the Pearl because.
Speaker 2: I messed it up.
Speaker 4: So I oh god, I won't I'll only be but a second. I thought that Almonza Wilder and Murle the Pearl were the same guy, and they're not.
Speaker 3: Ohmle the Pearl was older.
Speaker 2: They're just not the same actor.
Speaker 3: Alonso Wilder was the brunette.
Speaker 2: And that was Dean Butler.
Speaker 3: But so computing.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad we're talking about this again because I cared so much about it last time. So this is great.
Speaker 2: But the voices were loud on social.
Speaker 1: They are we are moving on from that, Amy, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, thank you, thank you, Okay, good, thank you.
Speaker 1: You can make mistakes, It's okay.
Speaker 3: The voices were a loud oh on social telling you that Catherine Cannon is married to someone else. Not wow. We so you're saying we did a great job last week's episode, that that's what they were focused on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they loved you, guys. They had some critique for me, which I will take to hurt you.
Speaker 1: Love it, Amy, They just like to put that. I'll tell you why they write that stuff in there, because they know you read it every single one. Because all we ever hear when we go out in public is I love Amy. Yeah, Amy, true. I swear to God.
Speaker 3: At nineties con Regon they were everyone not even talking about us.
Speaker 1: To us, it was about you.
Speaker 2: They love you, guys. But I love this episode.
Speaker 1: I love this the difference in you. Okay, wait, let's talk about it. Season five, episode eight, Things that Go Bang in the Night aired October twenty sixth, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 3: Okay. Synopsis. Claire and David head to Barstow. Griffin gets slapped by Donna Martin, Ray preu at Ak, Pumpkinhead comes.
Speaker 1: To the rescue.
Speaker 3: Steve gives Valerie one more chance, while Kelly wishes she would leave. Andrea is caught between her values and her love for Jesse. And Halloween takes a really scary turn when Dylan discovers hard drugs and loaded gun, while Brandon shows us the true meaning of friendship.
Speaker 1: Directed by Jason Priestley, Written by Chip Johansson. I didn't know Jason directed this until just now.
Speaker 3: Did you feel like it kind of wasn't a Jason directed episode.
Speaker 4: It was a bit more serious than his usual Also, forget it very standstill.
Speaker 3: He likes his shots, and it was just all like pretty basic shots.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: The part that rang true is the Barstow stuff. That felt very Jason Priestley.
Speaker 1: Well, we are now in full blown Halloween, which is good. Yep, because we are in full blown Halloween?
Speaker 3: Is it over the I r L Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 4: So you guys feel looking at yourselves in those costumes.
Speaker 1: Glinda, Oh, I like the costumes. I loved it whenever we wore costumes.
Speaker 3: Same but that is one of my favorite. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Remember you and this this this one, I remember you as the man.
Speaker 3: I wish I When I saw it, I was like, oh, I'd forgotten about that one. Oh, I wish I could forget about it again. But the Glinda was one of my favorite costumes you ever are on the show.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was a good witch.
Speaker 2: Glinda was amazing. But Tori, your costume was gorgeous.
Speaker 3: The kitty cat one, Yes, that there was definitely a joke made.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you heard it. So when you were wearing the more revealing costume.
Speaker 3: The thea on her head, how do you juggle it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was your first line when the first time we see Donna in her I don't know what that album is. Wait, Carmen Miranda, Yeah, yeah, Carmen Miranda costume. Your boobs are real pronounced and the first thing you say is I don't know how to juggle it.
Speaker 4: I think Jason slash Brandon sort of has sort of a nod or a remark like, I'm not even going to.
Speaker 2: Answer that.
Speaker 3: We wrote that line.
Speaker 1: He'll throw that in.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Do you look good? Though?
Speaker 4: It was the costumes and the decor and the design of this episode I thought were amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had fun watching the locations, even Barstow. I gotta be honest, it's just nice to get out of the Walsh House, out of the peach pit.
Speaker 2: I like maybe it wasn't Barstow, im like Pakoma.
Speaker 1: I think it was like it had to have been close to Joshua Tree because there were Joshua trees a plenty in the background.
Speaker 3: Really, you think they drove all the way from.
Speaker 1: That's what I was saying. Why didn't we ever get to go to Joshua Tree?
Speaker 3: Oh? That would have been nice? Got to go nowhere? I feel like it was, well.
Speaker 1: Where did the Joshua trees come from? Then?
Speaker 3: I don't know you.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that that storyline stupid though? Sorry?
Speaker 3: Was the alien storyline?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: I mean I think I only paused and didn't fast forward through those scenes to one look at Clare's makeup because it was on point, her lip gloss and her hair perfect. And Brian's eyes looked really good in this episode, looked really good in this in this episode.
Speaker 1: But other than that, I was so bored.
Speaker 3: I mean, strawberry ice cream's good, butter than that.
Speaker 1: Nope, it's like they okay, so did they go camping to find the alien so they could do it for the first time?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, Oh.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was the intent, but there are two standouts for me, and I forgive me if we've seen it already, Green Defender. It immediately came back to me that that's I think David drives that car for like a lot of episodes. Now, I was obsessed with that car.
Speaker 1: I love Defenders. Okay, you guys.
Speaker 3: When you said that, I was like, did I miss a scene? I was like, what's a Defender? I thought we were going to talk like arcade games.
Speaker 4: Sorry, So this became an iconic David silver car. It's a land Rover Defender and it's green top removed and they just brought back the Defender land Rover.
Speaker 2: But that car is probably worth a fortune. It really, Yes, that's an old that's a night fineteen nineties maybe eighties Defender land Rover amazing.
Speaker 1: Car, amazing car. Like oh, I just didn't understand why the when they thought the aliens were coming, and then they found out it was the satellite dish. Why it was glowing green in the sky. That was trickery.
Speaker 4: And then they missed the aliens because they were a boumb chick of boum bounce.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like I was watching an episode of it was either Gilligan's Island or Morgan Mindy. I couldn't decide what that feels. A up spaceship came on in that means double.
Speaker 2: I think that morc.
Speaker 1: Was about to land in the Joshua Tree desert.
Speaker 2: Oh god, those are great references.
Speaker 4: The other one reminded me of there's a Brady Bunch episode where they faked.
Speaker 1: And UFO one hundred percent with like a kazoo, and like, what a good episode that was. She loves her brain Bunch, Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jenny, are you a Brady Bunch girl like me?
Speaker 1: Yes? Every day.
Speaker 2: I would watch that Silver Platters, the silver Platter, We.
Speaker 1: Should just do an episode a whole talk about Freddy Bunch because I could.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be our spin off.
Speaker 1: I would do that. So this is that's all we really have to say about David and Claire O good.
Speaker 3: Should we get the other one out of the way too?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Next, okay, which one head to Andrea and Jesse?
Speaker 1: Perfect? Okay, First of all, she looked pretty in this episode.
Speaker 3: She looks great. She really did little babied all dress, her legs, her hair looks good.
Speaker 1: I think longer she's doing good right there?
Speaker 2: Why is the baby a bunny when it's Halloween?
Speaker 1: It's dressed like I know you got dress like up bunny for Halloween.
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was like, wait, is it easter? Oh no, it's Halloween. That's okay, right.
Speaker 1: But also, do you think Cindy really kept Brenda's bunny outfit? No, because she said that Andrea was here to borrow Brenda's bunny outfits.
Speaker 2: Random, and then she had baby fever. Again.
Speaker 3: I couldn't focus on anything but Cindy's pants. You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: No? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Or they gathered they have fleet they were so unflattering.
Speaker 3: I'm okay, I mean, I'm not a pleate person I love, but I know you do, but these were beyond pleats. They made her It was.
Speaker 1: Katie, Wow, you really really couldn't. I was so distracted.
Speaker 3: She was talking to Abby on the phone and going through a lot with Valerie, and I just couldn't focus on anything. But it looked like, you know, something down there?
Speaker 2: Little do you think?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't think it was her though. I think it was the pants. She looked like she had a penis.
Speaker 2: And I don't like high wasted.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that, it was just gathered in the wrong places. It was so distracting. I just don't understand why they have She's so beautiful, and I feel like they go out of their way to make her not look good.
Speaker 2: Now they mom her up, they mom her up, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, Andrea has got some She's very conflicted, and I would have thought that they would have probably talked about this before deciding to have the baby together.
Speaker 2: A lot of time.
Speaker 1: Major Catholic and she's major Jewish. How's that going to work out? She doesn't want him to. She doesn't want that baby to wear a cross, right.
Speaker 4: I thought she was coming around a bit too she's really enjoying the Day of the Dead, which that was the only thing that kind of like, come on, Jim, you've never heard of Day of the Dead, Like, come on, So that was my only thing, like what he was so shocked by Day of the Dead. But I thought she was sort of coming around and sort of enjoying. She was given it an effort, Yeah, and realizing like they can the baby can be all of the things.
Speaker 1: Until Grandmama put the cross on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then she got a little shifted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stressed. I don't know what's gonna happen with that. I feel like they're in, uh trouble.
Speaker 3: What gave you that first sign?
Speaker 1: They never they're never getting along.
Speaker 3: But it's not a religion thing. Why he cheats on her right like.
Speaker 2: He cheats on her sy.
Speaker 3: Wow, thanks, I didn't say cheat.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go now bye, guys, I said, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's tough, Like we're really gonna have that conversation. They're like young, they had dated for like a minute. Now they have a baby. They're not they don't have tons of money, so they're struggling. It's that's a lot they they're dealing with.
Speaker 2: She's in school.
Speaker 4: She wants to be a doctor. He's in law school. Like, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's hard to be such a young mom and have Yeah, it's really hard.
Speaker 4: I almost think they gloss over it in the show a bit bit. I think today that would have been a whole interesting story. They sort of top level it a little and kind of touch on it.
Speaker 1: But maybe because it's boring.
Speaker 2: It's boring. Yeahs not a lot of drama there. It's like kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too like real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's too like serious.
Speaker 1: What should we talk about? Well, we pretty much completed that storyline there.
Speaker 4: Now we're getting to my favorites. Although I could have gone a little longer on Barstow.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, like that was so stupid, but I loved every second of it.
Speaker 4: Like it was so dumb and like they're in their lawn chairs and they kind of had a costume change.
Speaker 1: It looked really fun. I wanted to go camping, maybe camping.
Speaker 2: It was kind of beautiful.
Speaker 1: Story felt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I felt like that.
Speaker 4: Was very reminiscent of the commercial shoot, you know, when they were the teeth or whatever.
Speaker 2: That was like it felt that what.
Speaker 1: Was she dressed?
Speaker 3: Like did she fell over the cavity remember.
Speaker 2: Something, she was like a can cursor or something.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 2: I thought it was dumb.
Speaker 4: I agree, but I sort of enjoyed watching it, Like I had a wonderful time watching this episode.
Speaker 1: I'm like, wonderful time.
Speaker 2: A wonderful time, Pete.
Speaker 4: And that though the the Luke Jason Dylan Dylan Brandon stuff I really want to talk about, but.
Speaker 2: We can do that when you want.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because just last week we were saying, oh my gosh, what happened to their friendship?
Speaker 2: And then boom, they're not friends?
Speaker 1: Stepped it up.
Speaker 3: I know, but I honestly didn't remember, Like I didn't really understand what was going on, and then they totally explained it here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The part that bothered me is that Brandon says twice no argument for me there, Like when Steve's like I am done with Dylan and He's like, non argument for me there, and I'm like you, well, that's your best friend and like kind of your brother.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 3: I was very distracted by Brandon's pants this episode.
Speaker 1: Oh they were big.
Speaker 3: And then it made me remember that's the style he starts going into. And then I I was out at hammer pants or those or those hammer pants. They were disgusting, is what they are?
Speaker 1: Like those were dockers like my dad would wear, like says forty two.
Speaker 3: Why would he choose to wear this?
Speaker 4: It distracted me less than Dylan's hair and muscle shirt.
Speaker 3: Dylan so hot this episode?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Dylan's hair was the.
Speaker 2: Best clean it up?
Speaker 1: I'm just what kind of drugs is he doing?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, what are they? Where are the hard drugs?
Speaker 1: She looks down and on the table and there's like giant brown pills on the table. Oh it was pills. I couldn't tell what that was. Maybe it was wild.
Speaker 3: Like fiber pills. Like he was constant.
Speaker 1: No, but he woke up all sleepy and groggy, and then like switch a rooney, he was high as a kite and like all jittery and amped out.
Speaker 2: Cocaine. It feels like cocaine.
Speaker 3: But why wouldn't they show that?
Speaker 1: I don't know the dude at the pool hall, Oh my god, with the eyebrows, he's bad news.
Speaker 2: I liked him.
Speaker 1: I wrote down, who is this joker?
Speaker 3: I like this joker.
Speaker 1: He's the drug dealer. Hello. They always look like that.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm sorry I have to interrupt you guys that that drug dealer is somebody really famous.
Speaker 1: God, his face, it's number one. It's Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamis, also known as the White Lotus. Oh god, yeah, I knew I loved him.
Speaker 2: Wait, what's his real life name? John Greese?
Speaker 1: I think, Oh my god. I hope he's in more. I hope he's in more. I hope that don Yes, he used to helps a real bad drug problem, so we get to see it more.
Speaker 3: Well next week's intervention. I feel like it's over. Man.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about the Luke Perry's performance?
Speaker 4: Maybe a bit dramatic, but really good, like really really really good.
Speaker 1: Really good. I just didn't like it when they were in the peach pit yelling like that's their place of business. I don't think that would have happened there on the stool at the bar.
Speaker 2: It so hard.
Speaker 4: To watch anybody yell at Nat. It's so disrespectful.
Speaker 2: He's such a father figure, and it's just so gross.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was oddly turned on.
Speaker 1: When he was yelling at Nat.
Speaker 3: I just like when he exhibits very bad behavior. I don't know why, like his his bad boy, like mad at everybody, like anger, like I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's compelling to watch.
Speaker 1: But it is. I haven't done with that. I wanted it's nice again done.
Speaker 2: He's he's better as a good guy.
Speaker 1: And I'm very about him with a gun. Whoa the gun? And then he points it right at the camera.
Speaker 2: And the children and there's children, like, so.
Speaker 1: Why do the children go around back to Egga's house?
Speaker 2: That doesn't have right?
Speaker 1: They that from the front. Those kids were little hooligans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but when he shot the skeleton in the chair, that.
Speaker 1: Was like, what he has gone off his rocker, literally, And I do like that.
Speaker 4: Even though I think Brandon's not a great best friend, because I actually think Steve and Brandon are best friends.
Speaker 2: They seem to be much.
Speaker 4: In your fantasy well truth truth, like Brandon coming back and then staying there.
Speaker 2: I liked all that A lot.
Speaker 3: I did too, was that did you look up the driver's license number? License? That's I thought when I when I heard Brandon say that, I'm like, oh, Amy's He totally.
Speaker 2: Did call out his license plate because he was going to sorry.
Speaker 4: And he was like do it, like, here's my license plate? It was Brandon's doing tough love now and I'm for it.
Speaker 1: I just sort of felt like, yeah, it was really good of him to stay, because clearly Dylan needs to be washed over. But I don't understand why he picked that uncomfortable chair to sit in looks to the skeleton. Yeah, he's a symbolic.
Speaker 3: I really want it, Like, this is what I want it to happen. That he went over and Dylan and they embraced, and Dylan broke down and Brandon was like, I got you.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I wanted to see them hugging passed out and Brandon was in an uncomfortable chair, So that's it.
Speaker 2: I think they're just we're not ready for that.
Speaker 4: The thing that I think is interesting is Steve and Brandon are talking right, and Steve is so upset that Dylan has like two timed him. Well, I don't even know if Dylan really knew what was going on or not going on with Steven Valerie right, And then you've got Brandon who's like no complaints for me or no argument for me. When it's like Brandon, you stole the same guy's girlfriend, ish, like yeah, you were broken up, but like there's a lot of sort of like hypocrisy happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like the guys are being worse to each other than the girls. Now, you're right, the tables have turned.
Speaker 3: Never Yeah, guys are supposed to be simple, right, it's girls that do stuff to each other. Oh my gosh, nine two and zero.
Speaker 4: Steve's quite willing to forgive Valerie and I understand that Brandon Brandon asked him to and like, cause she's always got all these problems.
Speaker 1: I didn't think he would have done that. He think he would have taken Steve longer to get over that.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: He's hurt, and Dylan did know. Dylan does know that He's always like saying like, oh, go hang out at the sorority hot like the frat house, Steve, Like he's always making.
Speaker 2: He's mean to Steve.
Speaker 1: He's mean to everyone, but.
Speaker 3: You guys, he's an addict. He's not in a place to understand anything right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not a trained therapist, although I wish I was. I would love somebody to like really do a deep dive on the boys of this show, like the Steve Brandon Dylan love Slash Anger triangle, Like there is some complexities with those relationships that like we kind of gloss over because yeah, it's nine O two and zero, but like, wow, there's some real like something going on there.
Speaker 1: They love each other underneath it all.
Speaker 2: Yep, Yeah, they're they're brotherly Maybe that's a good way to say.
Speaker 1: It, brotherly love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I mean, let's not Valerie, I have a lot.
Speaker 1: What does she keep coming around for?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: She likes the abuse. It's abuse a nookie nook.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, I mean maybe you know, sometimes girls like that, like Vowle's character, like to be abused that makes them feel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially it kind of tracks she comes from this challenging family, you know, Like I know, I'm going deep, but it's like she got this whole challenging family.
Speaker 2: Everyone hates her as.
Speaker 1: She apparently she has a brother to a brother.
Speaker 5: Vision.
Speaker 3: Once you have a trauma bond, you just redirect it onto other people over and over and over until you break it.
Speaker 4: Well said Tori, Like well said, and her mom doesn't want her because them because the mom's going through stuff. So she's feeling rejected. She's sort of semi rejected by Jim and Cindy. But yet, no, we'll keep you because we know your parents before you were born. It's not like we love you, we're going to take care of you. It's like it's our obligation. Yeah, and I kind of thought she'd made a turn cake, the spider cake and being sweet, and then she goes right back, Dylan, why.
Speaker 1: Was the spider cake shaped like a like a like a volcano.
Speaker 3: I thought it was supposed to show like DIY like she didn't do great, but she tried her best, Like no, or they just screwed up when they meet it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was waiting for it to like explode or something exciting, but it didn't do anything.
Speaker 4: While we're on it, I wanted to be at that party. First of all, apple bobbing is so gross and unsanitary.
Speaker 1: But otherwise, hey, how about that shot though Jason Priestley. Yeah, now that makes sense.
Speaker 4: But that party looked amazing, got all the cute fraternity boys and soroty girls, and then there you've got like Ray Slash Jamie Walters singing a Halloween Diddy looking off.
Speaker 1: Wait, but also that Diddy was not very appropriate if I if I was the mom one of those kids. I'd be like, can you stop singing about being buried? Dead bodies being buried? The worm scrolling in their eyeballs and.
Speaker 2: Things like Tommy was so cute.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. All I could think is wow, I bet he's so cute. Now it's not as stud well, like ten years after that, I forget. It's thirty later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: The Griffin and Ray thing.
Speaker 1: Is like, oh mother, Yeah, it's their friends, Like how do they get together in those scenes? So it can be.
Speaker 4: Really like not really treating Donna.
Speaker 3: Great now, No, I agree she shouldn't have gone with either. I don't know. I actually liked Gryffin in this one. Like I was like, I was like about Griffin and this one I was like, oh, maybe because he became like a super dick, and then I liked him. He was.
Speaker 1: Pathological teas. I like that he was way too hard.
Speaker 3: But I'm a pathological tease, all right, Like what the hell?
Speaker 1: And he said I should never waste my time on you. What do you say I should have? I don't know what he said, but it was rude.
Speaker 3: He had a whole thing and that was that was a slap his face wasn't even red. I feel like real hard.
Speaker 1: Do you remember doing that slap scene?
Speaker 3: I do, I do, But I remember at that time like thinking because like the whole thing was new with like I'm like Gryffin and Rain Casper and Jamie and like Jamie and I had just like started hanging out, and I was like, oh, like he's going to drive up, so I'm really going to haul off and like smack this guy and then run in my sexy cat outfit and look cool and then we just end up being friends. But I remember thinking that like in my head, like do I look hot doing this? Like, ugh, I'm not a slapper.
Speaker 2: It was a good slap. Mind the storyline, it's just these guys are.
Speaker 3: Me, both of them. Yeah, oh, you guys, I have a question. So when Ray takes Donna and he's like, I want to something I've been working on and he comes back, they cut the scene so he doesn't do the song.
Speaker 1: Wait, yeah, wasn't I going to sing a song to her?
Speaker 3: This even doesn't end there, you guys, he does a whole song. So I was so in the real show, in the real show, So I kept going back thinking, did I remember it? Wrong, and he's like, I wanna, Yeah, I want you to hear something I've been working on it. It's a song he's written about her. And it was so weird because it was it just cut like you can.
Speaker 2: They couldn't clear it the truck.
Speaker 1: Dang it. I wanted to hear that song. But yeah, but.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it's a song he goes on to sing at the peach Pit after Dark to her. So I don't understand why they couldn't clear it. So that means it's never going to be cleared on the show.
Speaker 4: I wonder if it's not going to be in the peach Pit after Dark stuff either. Oh, I know, but they could sure clear that spooky song.
Speaker 3: The worms crawl, the worms.
Speaker 4: It's probably what's that when it's like happy Birthday where it's like.
Speaker 3: Public domain public Remember that used to be a thing. We couldn't sing happy birthday, but now you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's public domain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but did it used to be?
Speaker 4: Where does he take you? Do you remember in real life where you shot that? I know that's like a hard question.
Speaker 1: Overlook do you think was that a real overlook or was just that a backdrop?
Speaker 2: Oh, don't break my heart Jenny.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think Jenny's right?
Speaker 2: So sad it's fake.
Speaker 3: You don't remember back Alley, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you guys go to the real places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Joshua Tree, we don't.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you they San Francisca.
Speaker 3: Actually, you're right. Jason directed it, so I'm sure they did. Go.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, and just waits soon. Some people go to Hawaii. You were invited. I would have gone if I could.
Speaker 3: She was given birth yours.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. I just I like, wait, where were we filming the frat house? Because we did a lot of exteriors. I know, do you remember? It felt like it was.
Speaker 2: Over the hill westwood that's it looks Westwoody.
Speaker 3: I felt like it was somewhere near Occidental. It wasn't.
Speaker 2: Oh you think it was way out there where cu Is but maybe memor I don't know. Look, that looked real to me. That all looked really good. That sort of was is what the front of a fraternity house really looks like?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I think I know in Pasadena that could be.
Speaker 1: That could be. Yeah, because the wall she remember this at all?
Speaker 2: Like remember you remember this era? Like no, just this time period.
Speaker 3: I remember, Yeah, I remember that party. I remember Jamie Walter singing the Worms go in, the Worms Go Out. I remember all that and Casper.
Speaker 2: You got to like.
Speaker 4: For Jenny, it's harder because it's like she's still just acting with the people she's acted with, or at least you've got these two newcomers and these major like drama.
Speaker 5: It's Jojo Siua, host of the new podcast Jojo Seawe. Now, It's time to get real, up close and personal. I'm gonna be talking to you like I'm writing in a journal. You're gonna get all of the tea and all of the scoop. I'm also gonna be talking to my friends, the people I admire, to people that are drending right now. So you're gonna get like Jojo Seawa now and like now, what's going on in the world. It's gonna be great, and I really hope you like it. You can listen to Jojo Sewa now on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 1: I loved your hairdo when you had a little butterfly clips and the baby clips and the little pigtails.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, the hair is short. The hair is getting shorter.
Speaker 1: Ye, I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I just feel. Oh. What about when Dylan says to Brandon made the bridges, I burn light the way.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, so much is good?
Speaker 2: That was that scene is a lot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, He's like, you got one friend left?
Speaker 1: Yep, it's a lot. I don't know. I mean if I had a friend that was going off the rails like that, I guess I'd do the same thing.
Speaker 4: It's interesting if you had millions of dollars, what do we decide he's got ten ten million something seventy.
Speaker 1: I thought he has no millions now no, But.
Speaker 4: When he did, and that was your sort of that was your identity, and then you lose it all.
Speaker 2: I wonder how you would behave.
Speaker 3: But no one is as coddled as Brandon.
Speaker 2: Walsh seriously that.
Speaker 1: When he says that true, you live at home.
Speaker 3: He said, Brenda moved to a different continent to get away from Brandon.
Speaker 2: That was weird.
Speaker 1: That was just like drug induced talk. Oh okay, like flashing out, you know.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was saying before, I love the beach apartment stuff. Whenever they're at the beach partment. I'm so happy. I don't know what it is, but it's just that set because of the robes, the robes and then like the paint on the walls. I don't remember that paint. I guess you we all painted it. Remember the multicolors in a scene with Claire, right, you and Claire? I think, I don't think that's right. But it looks so good. I love it for like, you know, back then, was that like sponging?
Speaker 3: Would you call that when you did?
Speaker 4: Like the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sponge it with a little hints of gold.
Speaker 1: It looks great. And I just love that apartment. I love that set. I love the rightness of it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, and it makes you think of happy times like in real life too, like even though I know this isn't real life, but it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that set too.
Speaker 1: But all in all, I just feel like I'm not I was so on board last season and even the beginning of this season, but I'm just kind of like hitting like a little bit of a lull as far as my interest. And that's so I don't like this feeling, and I don't know what is causing it. I feel like it feels a little predictable, Like I'm not really sure if I can pin it down, but I'm not like so excited and can't we just watch the next episode?
Speaker 4: I'm having like the opposite of that good. Yeah I'm in doesn't mean.
Speaker 2: I love it all, but I love to watch it all.
Speaker 4: Like valeriees bugging me and like I just wanted her to go to the party and be normal and nice and sweet, and yet she's just in the sexy black dress and going back to Dylan, see she's sweet.
Speaker 1: It feels so phony, Like it doesn't feel kind of I love to hate her. It was that her character's place on the show, the character that people love to hate, or was there like people that loved.
Speaker 3: Val I don't think so. I think you're right they love to hate her. That's the reason for val.
Speaker 4: That's such a great question because on social like on the comments, they do love her, like they're like we love the Valerie years, like, but I don't know that they love her.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe because it's spicy and exciting, or that that element that she brings to it is definitely a good thing.
Speaker 4: But well, yeah, it's like I was watching it last night, like I did a full you know, full dinner in bed watching it, like and she gets me.
Speaker 2: The way I had chicken. Thanks for asking and want to see visualize.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah in bed.
Speaker 4: Probably a little too messy for the bed, but I was That's what I'm saying is I was enjoying my whole experience.
Speaker 1: It takes me back with the bread, let's be honest, from.
Speaker 4: The carbetarian but like, I don't like her, She's frustrating me.
Speaker 2: But I love to watch.
Speaker 4: It, and I love the fact that in one scene we're having so much drama, like Brandon and Dilanut's one of it's as much drama between the two of them as we've ever seen with the gun and the anger and the whole thing.
Speaker 2: And then literally five minutes earlier.
Speaker 4: I am laughing at at Claire and David in the fake desert with the green light, and then they're doing it and they missed.
Speaker 2: The UFO, and I'm just like this is so I feel like I'm getting everything.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like Valerie is a very typical air and spelling staple. Yes, sorry, I'm gonna date myself here, but going back to like Dynasty, like the Sammy Joe character, which was Heather Locklear and then melrose Place again, Heather Locklear, Amanda Woodward. Like that's what Valerie is. So that's like the token you bring in, like when things are kind of like oh no, no, you drop one of those characters in.
Speaker 1: But they're trying to with giving us all her story, her background, her parents and all that stuff. They're trying to like make her likable or redeemable or like trying to make us feel something for her, and I just don't because I don't know what's true and what's not true. I just don't trust her as far as I can throw.
Speaker 4: She's Sydney from Melrose Place. I mean, I like the Heather locklayer of reference to but to me, that's say right with me, It's like, oh god, we just I rolled Sydney all the time.
Speaker 2: But yet I wanted more of her. I was like, oh, this girl, And that's kind of how I feel about Valerie.
Speaker 3: Like she's gonna get worse.
Speaker 1: VAL's gonna get worse, she doesn't ever get better. Because I was friends with Tips, so I did I didn't see how bad her character was. I guess like I didn't really get the whole. I didn't watch the show, so I don't know. I just didn't understand her role.
Speaker 2: I guess we didn't talk about the scene where Brandon surprises her in the dark and it's like, oh, really, like you went right back to him, do you know what I'm talking about? Like she's sneaking in in the black dress?
Speaker 1: Why does he care so much?
Speaker 2: And he's like you see just the corner of.
Speaker 1: His face and it's not his sister. I mean, I don't know. That felt weird too, like that should have been Jim, not Brandon.
Speaker 4: But she is what drives him to go over there. I don't think he would have gone to Dylan's without Valerie. Although she's twisted, she was right and saying like that's your friend and you're not doing anything and I'm the only one doing anything, which I kind of am like eye rolling, But at the same time, like the point was well taken. Even though I think she I don't get what she's doing.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's like trying to help him in her own way, and that's you know she you know, she sees like a broken bird like herself, and she thinks that she can help him or fix him.
Speaker 4: I like all that except for that, Like her motives are weird. I think you're right, Jenny, But yet then she's always going over there for like a quickie, and I'm was like, yuh, well.
Speaker 3: I think she would stay. You guys, I think it's a quickie because that's what he wants and don't get attached, like, don't fall in love here, but she clearly is attached.
Speaker 1: So attached. Yeah, yeah, she cares about him already, I think in a weird way as much at the same time, right, yeah, but at the same time telling people his secrets and m causing problems.
Speaker 4: The scene bothered me. I think, Jenny, you alluded to it. The scene was troubling, and he's all on drugs and like kind of being aggressive with her, uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: And I didn't like that. I didn't like that at all.
Speaker 2: No, that was yucky. My highlight of the episode though.
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, come on, bro, So that's all you got?
Speaker 2: Come on bro.
Speaker 3: Wait, I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Steve says it to to diyll Wig.
Speaker 4: No, Stephen, Brandon ste sorry because Brandon wants Steve to get val another shot, give her another chance.
Speaker 6: Come on, bro, Like Brandon says, eight twice eight, what eight ain't eight?
Speaker 3: I an apostrophe te No he does, and he went Dylan, no does he say? He says it, and then Dylan says it back, how do you say it? But he's God, Now I don't remember refresh it was. It was like his big line to him.
Speaker 1: You ain't got any more friends left something like that. Yeah, it was like that. And I can't even imagine in my wildest dreams that making it through. Wow.
Speaker 3: And then Dylan replies back with eight, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Ain't eate a word.
Speaker 3: And Brandon using it, that's precedential. I was offended.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was the pants, Come on, bro, but he does give it.
Speaker 2: Nobody every it is going to be shocked by my rating.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you can't Amy Amy. You guys, you have to give Amy.
Speaker 1: She gives it.
Speaker 3: Everyone's going to give you a lot of crap if you give it a high score.
Speaker 1: A lot of things were going on, a lot of stuff was going on in the episode, so it does deserve you know, you don't always have a five.
Speaker 3: What just happened?
Speaker 2: She likes, how do you start the next one? It took a week.
Speaker 3: When she says that she actually did or the next one?
Speaker 1: And I've been ready for this is why it's good. I love other people's opinions and like seeing how we You know, it didn't move me, it didn't move you, but Amy was really into it. So there you go. Everybody has a different take on it.
Speaker 3: Is it because we lived through it? Is that the reason here?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think it was disjointed, too many storylines.
Speaker 2: I loved all that.
Speaker 1: I give him like a seven because of the costumes and the and the effort. And I give it a seven for effort.
Speaker 2: The slap deserved just a whole point for me.
Speaker 1: The slap, a gun, the all the things.
Speaker 5: The.
Speaker 3: I I don't know you guys, Oh my god, you're gonna be mad. I want to give it a four point five.
Speaker 4: Whoa.
Speaker 3: And the point five is just for the Glenda costume because I loved.
Speaker 1: Someone that was like otherwise it would have been a four.
Speaker 2: Four.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I costumes, ten costumes, ten, episode, nine point seventy five.
Speaker 3: Nine point seven dollars ten. That's almost a ten.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed every minute of it.
Speaker 1: Are you really happy for you? Amy?
Speaker 4: Me too?
Speaker 2: I had a great name.
Speaker 3: Even the baby dresses a bunny like you weren't even born in that storyline some flags on it, but are they were all just lined up so they could get one shot no movement. Wait, I'm so how how did.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: You took me right back? I could have been right And the sorority just.
Speaker 3: That's the here's what drives it. She went to college. We didn't except on TV. So these scenes with sorority.
Speaker 1: Loves it. That's what it is, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm like literally going to a football game on Saturday, and I will not be sure like am I am I at c you or am I at Berkeley's?
Speaker 1: Like it'll take you see what happens.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you ten dollars bet somebody that I bump into.
Speaker 2: Will ask me about you.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: They do every every college thing. I'm at ill our Dorian Joenny.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 3: I know this is true because I get these texts sometimes you know, you went to high school or so and so I went to college.
Speaker 4: And every time I'll go into my story this weekend because we go there to go to the bathroom and everyone will.
Speaker 2: Say that's where we watched nine O two one.
Speaker 4: No, like it's trying to take a picture. I think you're not really aloud to take pictures. We'll try and sneak a picture because we all piled in, I mean twenty people in a room that should hold eight.
Speaker 3: See, we always heard this, but we've actually never seen pictures of it. Right, I'll try and get you a good picture. People always said like, yeah, we would be in our dorm room.
Speaker 2: We would do.
Speaker 1: Because well, I was just saying talking about pictures the other day, like I don't have there are not a lot of pictures, like behind the scenes on the set pictures, Like you know, if we all had iPhones back then, there would be tons and tons of behind the scene pictures, but because.
Speaker 3: We would be canceled today.
Speaker 1: But I think it's just sad to me that we don't have that memorabilia for ourselves. I literally went through all of my pictures the other day at my big giant box, and there was a couple of like behind the scenes because you had to bring to actual camera, yeah right, and then go get the phone develops.
Speaker 4: We had those code AC disposables and then Mantleman called party picks. So when you would have a fraternity party or storty party like you guys had, there would be a photographer and they would take photos and then you would get the proof sheet and you'd pick out and I think it was like a dollar dish a photo and you'd order them. And then you could have these party picks and they would have been it would have been the photo with a white thing around it, and it would have said like tig Halloween party.
Speaker 3: If people were like wasted and they took photos and tons of that, what if they went and bought photos of someone who was wasted in like blackmail that happened.
Speaker 4: They didn't do that, but you would totally buy photos of like the guys that you thought were cute. You're like, oh, there's a picture of all the essay boys, let's get that one. And then you'd like, I think.
Speaker 3: We imagine this, that's fun.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And you had like little photo albums that were the exact size of the party picks, and then like when someone come into your room, they kind of like.
Speaker 2: Sit on your bed and go through your party pics.
Speaker 3: We had polaroids, like wardrobe head polaroid pictures. Makeup. There were pictures of all the girls, but those I feel like someone broke into the wardrobe department once and cut up pictures of the girls.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the story cut them up.
Speaker 3: Of Kathleen cut We had to ask Kathleen cut up her pictures? Someone cut up her pictures?
Speaker 4: Like her?
Speaker 1: Who would do that?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Maybe she didn't like her pictures? No, she knows. She has a story. We have to ask Kathleen. Somebody did it?
Speaker 1: Who would not like Kathleen first of all? And second of all? Who would go to that sneaky, weird trouble. We have to ask the lifetime You'll have to ask him.
Speaker 2: I'll try and find my party.
Speaker 1: Amy, you ask him. Go on the Oldest Old Oldish podcast and asked Brian. We have to ask Kathleen.
Speaker 3: It's her story to share.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can you guys get the strike to be over so you can have all these people on? I know soon, soon, soon, soon, let's hope for soe yes, Well, yes, it's it for this week. This episode left Amy very happy.
Speaker 2: So happy happy.
Speaker 4: Halloween party was exactly that party was exactly how it would be.
Speaker 2: That was exactly exactly right.
Speaker 3: Well, i'd we nailed it in that department. Yeah, and everybody happy Halloween?
Speaker 1: Are you guys dressing up? Is anything happening? You are your all your kids dressing up.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, they are they are dressing up. Bo this is this is an odd one. So he's six, and you know, we love the horror films. And even though he's never seen it, I'm going on record he has not seen it, you guys. So he's dressing up as Jason from Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's gonna be so cute.
Speaker 3: And he told me I have to be Freddy Krueger because Jason versus Freddy.
Speaker 2: That is so good.
Speaker 4: I would really love if you guys could be Glinda though and Carmen Miranda.
Speaker 2: I'll be dressing up. No, but I'll wear an orange sweatshirt.
Speaker 4: Okay, good well, that's just you know, speaking of what I wanted was a passper slash Griffin's pumpkin shirt.
Speaker 2: It was like a black shirt. This is a big pumpkin.
Speaker 3: When he called Ray Pumpkinhead, Oh what an infault?
Speaker 1: Wait was the.
Speaker 3: Movie Pumpkinhead out? Then it was do you remember.
Speaker 2: There's a movie?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I just got super excited, Jen. He hates horror films. Okay, so there's a famous, like horror film called Pumpkinhead. It was like a cheesy one, like yeah, but like a cult film now called Pumpkinhead, so I think it was in the eighties.
Speaker 2: It gives me something to do, so.
Speaker 3: Maybe Chip Joe Hansen that wrote this episode was a fan. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope everybody out there has a safe and happy Halloween.
Speaker 3: Yes, next week, what's next?
Speaker 1: Next week we in intervention? Yeah, season five, episode nine. I'm guessing that means Brandon is going to lead an intervention for Dylan. Yay, yep. All right, everybody trick or treat sme on my feet, give me something good to eat. B