Speaker 1: Because two is officially better than one. Welcome to your second date classes.
Speaker 2: I see what you did there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's brig and Jeffrey in the morning. We're putting two classics back to back for you so you can get whatever you need to get done done today and just have a little dose of second day on your Saturday or the opposite.
Speaker 2: Don't do anything and just sit and listen. Unproductive, you know, yeah, we don't.
Speaker 1: Judge you, all right, just enjoy it starts right now.
Speaker 3: The world is constantly evolving. Yeah, we're seeing new technology, new trends, new social norms, even new jobs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: And one of our listeners has a job that we had never heard of before. And when she described her profession to us, the whole room was shocked. Yeah, Alexis was jealous, seriously. Jose and I were impressed. And Brooke, well, she told this woman she should be ashamed of herself and can do better, but not wrong. Okay, to be fair, that's Brooks response to everyone about everything. The question is does her unusual job block her from a happy dating life. We're gonna find out in a second date update right after this.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date update.
Speaker 3: An important part of any blossoming relationship is the first time a woman corrects her man and tells him he messed up. You need to do better.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, this has to happen.
Speaker 3: It's such a special moment because we need that as guys. If left to our own devices, we'll wear four gallons of axe body spray and think it smells good. We'll wash our cashmere sweaters in hot water, Jeff, is that what you do? Are we not supposed to?
Speaker 1: Every man?
Speaker 3: Thank goodness for women being there to correct us so we can learn and go. Oh, that's how it works.
Speaker 1: You have to use your own brain.
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of women will wait a few dates to correct their men, but not our listener, Monica. She told the guy he messed up on night one, yikes for his benefit, broke.
Speaker 2: No, it's nice, it is.
Speaker 3: That's what happened, Monica. Welcome to the show. Was that intro to your liking? Or could I have done better?
Speaker 6: No? You hit it?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, wow, it's not. Just made my day, Monica, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I'm always so curious why someone says a guy messes up and then still wants to call him for another date all that.
Speaker 3: You know, we'll get into that, but let's start with what's this guy's name? Who did you go out with?
Speaker 6: Okay, so I met Isaac online at least seemed really cool. I like his personality. I like his looks definitely.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of potential there.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I really liked him because there's a lot of guys on this app that there will catch you forever. I don't do the back and forth, back and forth thing. He came right down with it. He was like, I want to take you out.
Speaker 1: And all the action just living in this weird world of like what are we doing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, that's a good note for men, because the more you talk, the more opportunities you're giving yourself to say something stupid, and we will do that.
Speaker 5: Well, yes I'm talking.
Speaker 3: Okay, good for Isaac. Now I'm not going to say much more. Just keep going.
Speaker 6: What happened? Yes, he says, come pick me up and take me to the nice restaurant. So you know, I got up in my nice little dress, thinking yeah hey, and then he came close up, he got out, he opened my door. Okay, yeah, he was a very nice I ain't gonna lie he.
Speaker 1: Was nice, Okay, okay, so everything's working in his favor right now.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering where things start to turn and you have to step in.
Speaker 6: And as soon as we got out the highway and I'm like, oh no, because I see Buffalo Wow Wings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, let's go.
Speaker 1: Are you excited about that or not excited?
Speaker 6: I'm not excited at all. I just came from Buffalo Wild Wings too much ago with my whole girls. I get excited for now.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that he's taking you there for a date and you're not feeling.
Speaker 6: That, you expect a lot better, not a little. He puts it in park. He gets out of car, comes around and opens my door like a perfect gentleman he is. And I said, please close my door.
Speaker 3: You said close. You said close the door while you're still.
Speaker 1: In the car.
Speaker 6: I said, please close my door.
Speaker 1: Well it's nice to reply, let's close my door.
Speaker 6: And I think that he thought I was kidding, because he was like san in there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, hello, Pa, so you're going to force him to take you somewhere else.
Speaker 6: I don't force anybody to do anything. I'm letting him know please close my door, because I don't do Buffalo wild Wings as a date.
Speaker 1: That's that's a messy food. It's a terrible first date.
Speaker 2: It sucks your address and stuff together.
Speaker 3: Especially uncomfortable women don't want to like sit and drink beers and watch sports and scream and spilled beers.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you what I don't want to do on a day. I don't want to watch the whole grown man lick his fingers.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm gonna write that down.
Speaker 5: Sexy when we sucked on the bone.
Speaker 1: So did he finally listen to you and shut the door?
Speaker 6: Yes? He did. He touch the door. I said, I got three choices for you, and he picked a nice cocktail bar, and I said, okay, cool. I thought, okay, he didn't know, right, he didn't know. I told him let's go also.
Speaker 5: And he adapted. And he would be offended, seem offended by the way, like he.
Speaker 6: Seemed more confused than offended.
Speaker 3: That's that's a standard, you know, mental headspace for men, just constantly right.
Speaker 1: How was it though, when you got to the cocktail bar? Were you able to still keep a good energy together? Yes?
Speaker 6: He asked me questions about what had just happened. I'm like yo, I'm a lady for real, I want silk aware, I don't want plastic utensil.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: So he was like, okay, I never thought of that. So I'm teaking him what a real lady like.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he actually appreciated the education on how to properly woo a woman.
Speaker 1: I don't I know he appreciated it because he's not calling you back.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh man, that's a good question. I appreciate it, and that's what I'm calling you.
Speaker 1: See, I would be insulted.
Speaker 2: See I'm thinking that's the reason he wasn't getting second dates before, and now he's got it down.
Speaker 1: She taught him too well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what a lot of women get upset when they're like, oh great, I cleaned up my guy, just for the next one to come and like swipe him up.
Speaker 5: He's taking ten girls in that cocktail bar.
Speaker 6: We gotta get down to the nitty gritty because I want to know, because I think I did everything right and I taught him how to do everything right, and somehow I want.
Speaker 3: You deserve a medal and definitely a second date here.
Speaker 1: But what if he feels like you're too high maintenance.
Speaker 3: Then screw that cop.
Speaker 5: He doesn't want a real woman, then you'll.
Speaker 3: Lay into him, go fullhard against him, right Bro, that's where you come in. You do your thing, noll.
Speaker 1: I just think that if you have some boundaries like that, they should be established before the date, not when you're in the middle.
Speaker 6: Of But look, he's the want to ask me out and I accepted, right, Yeah, so you're gonna learn me on the date. And that's what he did. If he didn't like when he learned, hen responded, you haven't fallen a whole radio show to find out what's ram with you. No, I can't wait to hear this.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear it too, So hopefully he picks up. But we're gonna come back. We'll call Isaac for you and figure out why in the world he would not be calling back a classy woman like yourself, Monica.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a cloth napkin type of lady.
Speaker 3: That's right. Let's get some answers when we do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 4: Hold on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us, we've been speaking to a true hero. Her name is Monica heroically swooped in and save her date Isaac from pulling a total rookie move when he tried to bring her to Buffalo Wild Wings for her, and that wasn't gonna fly with her, so Monica refused to get out of his car in order to show him this is not where you take a lady of substance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they definitely had a miscommunication of what a dinner date looks.
Speaker 3: Like, but instead they ended up at a nice cocktail bar and they did it the proper way, where she actually discovered Isaac's a pretty good guy as some gentlemanly qualities something to work with. So the question is why is he not reaching out for cocktails? Round two, Monica? Is it possible that maybe he saw your helpful sense a teaching abilities as a little bit condescending.
Speaker 6: That's a possibility. I just wish he would have expressed that to me personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you seem like a person who can take criticism, constructive criticism.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if I could d it, I definitely could take it. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: That's a good attitude to have. It doesn't happen often on.
Speaker 3: This Yeah, would you like to criticize her constructively? Before we do this call? Is that where you're going.
Speaker 1: She knows who she is, she knows what she wants, and she wants to go out with Isaac.
Speaker 3: So okay, So Brooke, you're scared of her and you're afraid to say anything.
Speaker 1: I think Isaac will be scared and it will be afraid to say no. So I think you're getting a date no matter what. I also like to scare men.
Speaker 5: She seems like you broke.
Speaker 3: You're going to intimidate this guy and saying yes to a date. But let's see what he asked the safe he picks up the phone. But here we go. Hello, Hey is this Isaac?
Speaker 8: Yeah, good bitch.
Speaker 3: Hey man, we're a radio show. You're on it right now. It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Isaac.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 8: Why is a radio show calling me?
Speaker 3: Uh well, it's kind of a good reason. We do a segment on this show. It's called a second Date Update. It sounds like you haven't heard it, but this is a segment where we help out our listeners who've been on a date with someone and afterwards they're not getting a call back to go on a second one.
Speaker 7: I think I have.
Speaker 9: Heard of it.
Speaker 8: I think I've seen this online somewhere on something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of them are viral on TikTok, sir on there.
Speaker 3: You can follow us at Broke and Jeffrey if you want to. No pressure. But basically the reason that we're calling you is there's a woman named Monica who asked us to get a hold of you.
Speaker 8: Hey, yeah, I met Monica.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, we know you.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you guys could have had a great date.
Speaker 8: Did she What did she tell you? What did you tell you?
Speaker 10: Question?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I guess the general recap of what we heard from her is you picked her up, then you took her to Buffalo Wild Wings, which she uh politely redirected over to a cocktail bar.
Speaker 8: Well politely redirected. It would be wrong, jeff.
Speaker 5: She's our friend, So you know we're not gonna be rude.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean I wasn't rude either. She just simply kind of barked closed my door. At first. I just stood there, like, what do you mean? You like there's a bug about to get inside my car. I was like, okay, so I close the door and I go back to my side of the car. I get in and she explains to me like, hey, I don't do Buffalo Wild Wings And I was like, yeah, all right. I mean the reason why I chose the Buffalo Wild Wings because in these new dating apps, it's better to start out something very casual. Another date, we graduate to something a little better.
Speaker 1: But wait, did you explain all of that to her? What you just told us why you chose it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: I didn't explain any of that to her, and also didn't tell her this. I own that Buffalo Wild Wings.
Speaker 1: You own it a franchisee.
Speaker 2: You're gonna take her to your own job though?
Speaker 1: That's civil lexis yaccep you get free food.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guys, he's a business owner.
Speaker 1: Who care? Okay?
Speaker 8: So look, so look, I'm gonna be honest. I'm still a gentleman. She wanted to go somewhere a little bit better, so we made our way to this great cocktail lounge that I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what changed your mind to where now you're not reaching out to her for a second date.
Speaker 8: Okay, So, while we're kind of enjoying each other's company, it's the cocktail bar, I start asking her a little bit more about her life, and of course we get to like, what do we do for a living?
Speaker 6: Uh huh.
Speaker 8: She kind of skated around it for a while. So she came to an answer I'd never heard in my entire life.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 8: She says she's a stay at home daughter.
Speaker 3: A stay at home daughter.
Speaker 1: What she's gotta be joking?
Speaker 8: Not a joke, No, it's not a joke. That's what she told me her occupation at thirty one years old, that she's a stay at home daughter.
Speaker 2: I'm supposed to be stay home girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is a real fancy way to say you're unemployed and live with mom and dad.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you were turned off because she doesn't have enough ambition or drive.
Speaker 6: Or all right, we got we gotta cut this right here. Okay, I don't know what's going.
Speaker 3: On, all right, I don't want to make her mad, But Isaac, that's Monica on the other line listening to this conversation.
Speaker 8: Clearly, it's Monica.
Speaker 1: Clearly, maybe she's on her parents landline.
Speaker 6: You better watch yourself. You supposed to be with.
Speaker 3: Me here, Okay, Monica, clearly you want to jump in and say something, So go ahead, talk to Isaac.
Speaker 6: Hello, isa how are you hi?
Speaker 8: Monica? From your mom's couch. How you doing?
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, no, no, no, Let me tell you something, Isaac. I don't know what's the disrespect about. I thought we got along pretty well. I'm our date. We had a good time. I didn't know you had a problem with my daily occupation. What is the problemish?
Speaker 1: But we're parents, like elderly. Do you stay home and take care of them? Is that what's going on?
Speaker 6: We're just no, they're perfectly healthy. They just take care of me. I'm their baby girl and I always will be.
Speaker 8: Okay, Monica, guess who else is perfectly healthy? You are?
Speaker 6: Get a job? You know what. Let me tell you something. I am perfectly healthy. Yes I am, as you could see. And if I had to get a job, I would, But guess what, I.
Speaker 11: Don't have to.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Don't you want a job. Don't you want your own career? Don't you have your own dreams and ambitions?
Speaker 6: Like? Yes, my dream and my ambition is sitting at home, playing my day, going and doing what I have to do and finding a man that's don't take care of me so my parents could stop.
Speaker 2: Oh so that's your goal, Brooke.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're judging her there, and she explicitly asked you not to do so.
Speaker 1: It's really hard not to because you would never date a guy who is doing what you do.
Speaker 6: You are exactly right, and they shouldn't. A man shouldn't do what I do. Yeah, my bro is to be taken care of. That's my love language. I love to be taken care of, and if it works for me, it works the.
Speaker 2: Old school chivalry and stuff.
Speaker 1: I cannot imagine imagine being a man going and meeting your parents for the first time. That sounds like.
Speaker 5: Both of them.
Speaker 1: What's your dowry, sir?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, Isaac, now that she's explained this a little bit more, you're probably more receptive to going out with her one more time.
Speaker 8: Look. Look, I wish Monica the best. It's just not the best with me. Oh, you have great life, Monica. I hope you find a guy slash simp it will take care what.
Speaker 6: I don't think. So, Isaac, You're gonna take me out and that's just the way it is gonna be.
Speaker 2: I love how you want to be the boss, but you don't want to do any of the work.
Speaker 1: To tell you a.
Speaker 6: Boss a boss doesn't work.
Speaker 12: No idea of a boss you don't want to make And that is the problem.
Speaker 6: Y'all just don't understand, and clearly I don't understand being a whole business owner and want to take me to his little budget wing stop.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna be honest with you, Monica. See there's a difference. There's a difference between a boss and a leader. You're not a leader.
Speaker 6: I never said I was a leader. I never said that.
Speaker 8: I am a leader. I'm a leader.
Speaker 6: Okay, but you could have been a man and leave my all that you could have told me that why are you dodg didn't running.
Speaker 8: No one's dodging or running. What I'm doing is ghosting five.
Speaker 3: Who was uncalled for Okay, and.
Speaker 6: You don't need him. I don't need him anyway.
Speaker 3: He hung up by the way, a job, you don't. You know what you need to do is you need to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and spend your parents' money over there.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not going in no more. Look I'm going to.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're going to be on the phone a lot with your expectations for dating.
Speaker 6: That's okay. Look I got a lot of time boo.
Speaker 3: That's a good point, and are your parents hiring for any open roles in your family?
Speaker 6: Because I would love to be that good.
Speaker 4: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, we all learned a new job today, stay at home daughter a job.
Speaker 2: Applying right now texting my mom?
Speaker 1: You would last I give you two days back home with your parents? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Isaac?
Speaker 3: Isaac did not like it, obviously Brook does not respect it either. But okay, Brook, let me ask you this, Okay, would it have changed how you felt if Monica was twenty one years old compared to thirty one, would you give her more grace?
Speaker 1: If she's not going to school, she should be working.
Speaker 3: No, that's right. Brook believes you should start working at age six in one of her overseas factories. So parents, if you're lazy, first grader is still mooching off of you as a stay at home child, Yeah, and then text in nine two Brook'll whip them into shit.
Speaker 12: Mat me give you some parenting tips, yes, and if not parenting tips, we can hopefully at least give you a little bit of dating help.
Speaker 3: You can email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our Second Day podcasts wherever you get yours, they're up at Brook and.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 11: There's nothing more hacky, more cliche, more overdone gimmick in radio than playing the record scratch sound effect oo.
Speaker 5: Records in here?
Speaker 1: Do I hear crickets?
Speaker 3: I mean, you've heard it on commercials and in old sitcoms. Honestly, we've probably done it on the show too. A few times we just did it, I don't remember. But in today's call, you're gonna hear a real life record scratch moment that happened that immediately put the brakes on a decent date.
Speaker 1: You know, if you listen to it differently, it kind of sounds like a zipper going down, which would be a positive on a date.
Speaker 3: Here's what she wants to do. What was said? I know I cringed when I heard it. I'm guessing you will too. In your second date update right after this.
Speaker 4: Broken Jeffrey in the Morning Second date updates.
Speaker 3: What do you do if you're on a date with someone and in the middle you feel like it's going do you a order a round of shots to get the party going?
Speaker 1: You know, depends on the establishment.
Speaker 3: Yeahs option b fake like you're choking, So she gives you the Heimlick and at least you get some action out of it.
Speaker 1: A couple of broken rams too, yeah, and a.
Speaker 3: Great story or c have a very honest one on one breakdown about how this date is actually going so far. I think I take the Heimlich option over that one, and I wonder if our listener, Tina wishes she had done the same. So let's talk to Urtina. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Hi, thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. That intro makes it sound like you told your date in the middle of it that it was going terribly well.
Speaker 3: You sent us an email about this person's profile that you met on Hinge, and I'm just going to read some of the things that you sent from his bio before we even get to your story.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm interested.
Speaker 3: So according to this, his name is Josh, he's a specialist in education. His profile says he's dating with the intention of marriage.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, sounds like a stable.
Speaker 3: Guy, good career, and he's into skyscrapers and tropical fruits. Not sure why we would need to know that information for this, but it's it's nice to be over informed. Sometimes.
Speaker 5: So you ever put a big apple on the big apple, this guy would.
Speaker 11: Free me out.
Speaker 1: It sounds like if there's a lull in your date, you just bring him to a tall building and he's really excited.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, a story all right. Now we have an idea about who Josh is. Clearly you met him on the app. So what did you two do for your date? We actually went to the do the Zoo Zoo.
Speaker 1: It's a cute date.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got a couple of waffle cones and we just walked around but then animals and just talked a lot.
Speaker 1: All right, that's good, I mean.
Speaker 7: Well he did he talked a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh okay. Does that have anything to do with the thing I mentioned earlier about when the date's kind of going mad?
Speaker 7: Yes, he's the one who asked me.
Speaker 3: Oh he asked you how the date was going?
Speaker 7: Yes, because I was being kind of quiet and so maybe he wasn't. I was having fun, So he just asked, like, is the date going? Okay?
Speaker 1: Was that the first question he asked you? Because it sounds like he was talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you say?
Speaker 7: I was like, do you want me to be honest?
Speaker 5: I would have been like no, no, and that would have made it fun, right, like lie to me.
Speaker 3: Oh now what happened?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because he said yes please, So I told him directly, Well, honestly, you're talking a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, good feedback is next to you as a person who talks a lot, it's good to know that. Well maybe, but some people might take that differently. Did Josh seem offended by the critique.
Speaker 7: No, he seemed more confused, like as if he didn't know he was doing it. But he heard me out and then he tried to take constructive criticism. That's good and he did a good job of it.
Speaker 1: Oh he did, okay, good, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: We hung out for another hour, ended up grabbing drinks because at the Zoom you can buy beer.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: That they're offering alcohol at every kid's place these days. Parents are just like.
Speaker 5: They them to like slop shots.
Speaker 1: I think it's just beer and wine typically. Yeah, it's not like.
Speaker 3: It's just to take the edge off.
Speaker 1: It's not to turn up doing body shots at the zoo.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you bring your own in.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe a little bit of beer. A little bit of alcohol helped make the conversation go a little bit better.
Speaker 6: It actually did.
Speaker 1: He was just nervous, right, maybe you're just a strikingly beautiful woman and he couldn't think straight and that's why he was talking so much at the beginning.
Speaker 3: You said, she's not denying that. How did you leave things at the very end?
Speaker 7: Well, at the very end, we just hugged and said goodbye. But while we were there, he worked on like an antelope puzzle and we did it together and it was fun, so it was cool.
Speaker 5: So the date actually got better then after you told him like he was talking too much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it actually did. Like I mean, he was more mindful, he asked me questions, he allowed me to be Yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: You did an antelope puzzle. Yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 3: Any date, Jeff, I mean sorry you said it just led to a hug at the very end. There was no kiss.
Speaker 7: No we text since then, but they've all been pretty short. So I feel like now maybe he's overthinking things and he's taking what I said too seriously.
Speaker 5: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: He talked too much before and now he's not talking enough.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Right, I can.
Speaker 5: See that he's overcompensating, or.
Speaker 7: It could be something completely different that I didn't pick up on.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you're definitely feeling the vibe like he is not responding enough to ask you out again obviously.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because like I'm sending him forty text and ferdy picks and he's not respondingpened.
Speaker 3: She's like Antelope Skyscraper Guava fruits with the problem is wrong with this man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said it, jeff.
Speaker 3: Follow me for my sexy emoji handbook coming later on in this winter. No spoilers, no spoilers. Okay, first, we got to finish this second date update. We'll call Josh, get some answers, and do it right after this.
Speaker 4: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date updates.
Speaker 3: I've learned two things so far today, Okay. One, you can't drink at the zoo Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't believe you, of all people didn't know that. I mean, I feel like you sniff out a beer wherever it is Zoom Frequenter.
Speaker 3: But look for Brooke and Jefferies listeners Zoo Crawl coming soon. Eat you buy the baboons for yaeger bombs.
Speaker 1: I think it's like irresponsible you have a beer Jess only days.
Speaker 3: Yeah on Brook and Jeffery's listener.
Speaker 1: Zoom Cross passes out in the bar mclosure odd hashtagals.
Speaker 3: The second thing I've learned is with enough constructive criticism, you can change a man. Brooke already knew that.
Speaker 1: She tells me every day it is not worth your energy.
Speaker 4: I said that.
Speaker 3: Because our listener Tina was honest on her date when Josh asked, how do you think this is going with us?
Speaker 6: And she was.
Speaker 3: Polite but said, hmm, you'd probably be going better if you talked a little less.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And he heard her, you know, like that's the amazing thing. He's like, oh, okay, exactly.
Speaker 3: Their day actually went pretty good after that. He didn't run off and cry near the snake cage like most guys would. He actually stuck around, had fun. They got drinks, did puzzles. So maybe there's another factor playing into all this that we don't know about yet. So, Tina, even though he has all these issues, why is it that you want us to reach out to him today?
Speaker 7: I mean, like, we had fun together and he's like a great guy totally.
Speaker 5: Well, the fact that he could adjust and take constructive criticism and be mature about it, I think that's a big green flag.
Speaker 1: Well, and anybody who's a talker knows that if you get nervous, your mouth just doesn't shut up.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe let's take some of our own advice there, and we're gonna call Josh. Let's listen to ourselves. I'm dialing Josh's number right now. Hopefully he picks up. Here we go, great, Thank you, guys, You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Let's do this. Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey is this Josh?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey Josh, Josh.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 8: How many arts therapy?
Speaker 6: What's going fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's a lot of us in here because we're show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning kind of like a Morning Zoo, if you will.
Speaker 1: I worked on a show called The Morning Zoo.
Speaker 3: Oh god, it's supposed to be a joke. Yeah, you're on the radio right.
Speaker 6: Now, Josh uh okay?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 3: Why is because we're doing a segment called a second Date Update waiting for response.
Speaker 1: It's okay, he doesn't know what it is.
Speaker 6: That's all right.
Speaker 3: It's a segment we try to help out listeners who've gone out with someone and they're not getting a call back for a second meetup. So that's the case with you and one of our listeners named Tina, Helle.
Speaker 1: You're not letting the pause happen.
Speaker 5: Well, you're doing it to give.
Speaker 1: Him a beat. You know he's processing a lot right now.
Speaker 5: Don't force it.
Speaker 3: I'll try it again, Tina. Yeah, Tina, I remember Tina. Okay, sorry, I know this is probably a lot. I'll just tell you that we spoke to Tina before calling you, and she told us about your hangout. She mentioned the vibe between you may have changed after you asked if everything was going okay in the middle of the date.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: What did you think about her response?
Speaker 3: Yeah, have her feedback.
Speaker 9: I mean she used this analogy. Seems she called it the stop light rule.
Speaker 1: Okay, stop light rule when she was talking about how you were talking too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not familiar with that. What is the stop light rule?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 9: Well, she says that when you've been talking for twenty seconds, it goes from a green light to a yellow light because.
Speaker 8: You've started to talk too long.
Speaker 9: Twenty seconds, Yeah, twenty seconds, and then she said, once you hit forty seconds, it's a red light.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that's like a general rule, you're saying.
Speaker 9: Yeah. She explained the whole take to me, and she said that I sped past the red light at least two to three times, which and I'm like, okay, I didn't know that, like there was a traffic.
Speaker 1: Law for k I mean, I guess to get to get conversation going back and forth, back and forth like that pingling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm trying to count while you were talking.
Speaker 3: Just now I heard it.
Speaker 1: I didn't lose it.
Speaker 3: And this is all feedback you're getting on a first date.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean we were having drinks and like I got a little bit of my story out, and she was like, you still have the green, but only for another seven or eight seconds.
Speaker 1: She's you're still I thought it was just one example, and then we moved on from it.
Speaker 5: She's got one of those big speeding guns. She's knocking him.
Speaker 3: I'm counting, keep going. You're not talking enough now.
Speaker 1: That would be difficult.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like the rule, but it's stressful.
Speaker 3: Is that how it felt, Josh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean, and I felt like I was like on like my like driving test.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, when I was sixteen.
Speaker 9: The instructor was like speed up, now, slow down, I use your blanker merge. So I just kind of like lost all my confidence.
Speaker 5: She's like, I love the way you parallel park that paragraph. Yeah, that was perfect.
Speaker 3: It's understandable. And you know what, I'm going to tell you something here, Josh. I don't think Tina meant for it to come across that way. And I'm gonna let her her tell that to you herself, because she is on the other line right now waiting for me to hit my red light so you can stop talking. And I'm gonna give her the green to go, So Tina, go ahead. The intersection is yours.
Speaker 7: Josh, my god, Like, you make me sound so horrible.
Speaker 9: Oh wait, even listening this whole time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you're making me look pretty bad here, Like, well, well, I think he.
Speaker 1: Was making you look bad. He was just saying it was overwhelming, Tina. It was a lot for him to think about.
Speaker 8: What.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, but like, where's the lie?
Speaker 9: Like I didn't say anything that was not true?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, to be honest, when you were talking to the radio host, I stopped listening after about like twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: Oh ye, why are you so offended? You gave him feedback and now he's giving you feedback.
Speaker 7: Because he has a tendency to like drone on and on and she actually thanked me in a moment, and like, don't forget that, you.
Speaker 6: Say, like, what do you say to that?
Speaker 7: Did you not ask me to give you honest feedback?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: Like I did, but like I wasn't expecting your.
Speaker 7: Accountability.
Speaker 3: Accountability, Like it's not your fault.
Speaker 7: You're a long talker. You just acknowledge it. And the goodness is you're trying to get better, and like I see the potential in you and it's so great.
Speaker 1: I don't don't think it's a compliment. You think it is to tell people you see potential in them. It's like you like the person for how they are now.
Speaker 6: You Yeah, one day, I didn't mean it like that.
Speaker 10: I meant it like he's improving every second and he needs me because like clearly because now it's obvious like he hasn't learned his lesson because he is still talking. And I also feel like the whole are not even paying a full attention.
Speaker 5: That's true. I really don't pay that much attention.
Speaker 9: It's a lot they're not paying attention, like like I'm sure they are because you're being rude and insensitive.
Speaker 11: Like so there take that advice.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm always open for getting better, Josh, But if it doesn't come with a helpful analogy and a short one, then it's kind of lost on me.
Speaker 3: Like, actually, the stop like thing has already been taken, so you need to find another sort of like commuter thing. We have to go, like some bicycle lane, maritime.
Speaker 1: Law kind of compliments that would be helpful.
Speaker 9: Relationship relationships are not supposed to be this hard.
Speaker 6: Especially, this isn't hard.
Speaker 2: It's a little confusing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I told you what it was.
Speaker 10: I explained to you how it works, and I'm pointing out when you go too long, So like, what's so hard about that?
Speaker 1: It feels like one of those roundabouts where you don't know what the third exit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to give everybody the red light here, and I'm just going to tell you a little fun fact about me is that I am not I am not the best talker either, but I think something we can all agree on. Even Brooke will back me on. This is everybody, all of us here, and every person on earth has areas in their speech they could personally improve on.
Speaker 1: That shut off.
Speaker 13: What does that have to do with him thinking she was rused flaws? Okay, there's an easier way to say that our speech.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think the twenty second rule is real.
Speaker 2: Because again after that yeah.
Speaker 1: Speech, no more.
Speaker 3: Advice is needed and I should just ask would you care to both improve each other's lives immensely by going out with one another one more time and we'll pay for it.
Speaker 7: I mean I would do it again and do it for charity reasons.
Speaker 3: That So that's a big yes from Tina. Is nothing to work and change you over the next few years. Josh, what do you say, will you be her project? I say it under like twenty words, I'm going to give you a yellow light on this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 9: I don't want to feel like I'm going to traffic court every day for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: So a big note from me.
Speaker 1: It's interesting most people think traffic court is fun. Well, it didn't work out, you know.
Speaker 6: It's something.
Speaker 12: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning red Light, Green Light, Yellow Fatal and squid Game and apparently in the dating world too.
Speaker 1: How do you not make that connection earlier? It's funny.
Speaker 3: Probably should have, but maybe we should use it on this show. As soon as Brook starts telling one of her pathetic, ugly duckling childhood stories where she tried to show skin to the mailman and even he wouldn't pay any attention to her. Alexis, you're gonna start holding a colored card and when it flashes yellow means time to start wrapping the story up.
Speaker 1: I get red carded and you just look little too much.
Speaker 3: We get We know left one was a little wonky and he wasn't interested. We've heard the stories.
Speaker 1: He was always interested, jeff It doesn't matter how wonky things are.
Speaker 3: But if you need help in your dating life, like Brooke did back in her teenage years, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. And go check out all of our Seconday podcasts. They're up online where you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey