Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod Meets Twirl, the podcast from two guys who had never seen an episode of Dancing with the Stars but took it on and walked away experts. So now we turn to Traders, another show I've never seen, while Will is convinced he could win it. We are Wilfred Dellen Ryder Strong. Two best friends, one a TV expert, one a TV skeptic, both dance scholars, join us as we step into this castle full of lies, alliances and over the top wardrobe choices. This is Pod meets Twirled, Trading places. Well, we're getting this. We're getting there, man, getting there.
Speaker 2: So Rob is sitting pretty then, because if they vote out Eric and he doesn't ever say anything, that's what he wants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna turn on Eric now he should.
Speaker 3: I think there's a good chance that some version of that will happen.
Speaker 1: Yes, because Eric is so bad.
Speaker 3: Oh it's the bad. We'll get it.
Speaker 2: But he's like, okay, it's like just sitting at this round table like watching everybody.
Speaker 1: But dude, you're not even trying. And he knows he's so bad because a they killed Kristen, which I can't believe they got away.
Speaker 2: With her.
Speaker 1: Mentioned is the worst at this game. I know, Danielle talked about him like he's a great guy. Seems like a great guy, horrible at Traders.
Speaker 3: Better than Tara.
Speaker 1: Uh maybe at least Tara like cries and recognizes that she's horrible.
Speaker 2: Mark is like, dude, because like you know, it's like somebody comes up to was like, hey, are you a trader?
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, what's a trader? I don't know.
Speaker 3: He's Spanish all but like all of a sudden, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what you do. Yeah, oh my god, yeah I love it though it's you. Oh my god, all right. Episode ten begins with breakfast Rob and moiderth come on in eggs. Didn't want him to stop him to.
Speaker 3: Take about take about it for a second, give me tw eggs. Your we combostored.
Speaker 1: And then Rob has this thing where he's like, all the de see it has taking a toll on me, And I'm starting to genuinely feel bad, which is interesting, Like yeah, yeah, man, it's gotta be tough. You also win into everybody all day every day.
Speaker 2: I keep thinking about the timeline of everything too.
Speaker 3: I mean, you keep keep in mind, this is like a week for them.
Speaker 2: Right, right, this is like a week, right, and and and so so, like three days ago he was dealing with canvas. Yes, yeah, five days ago, my report was shoveling food into his face. Like, this is not that long ago for them. So yeah, it's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: But I have somewhere Michael Rappaport is still shuffling, slimmering it up for something.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's one of those things where I can see his point of view though, where after a while it's got to be like I'm all I'm doing is lying all day long to everyone. It's gotta be tough after a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you have any.
Speaker 3: You know, any form of a conscience, that's got to be tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wouldn't bother does he does, He wouldn't bother me at all.
Speaker 1: He'd be fine, you'd be thriving, you'd be actually getting energy.
Speaker 3: Getting off on it. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I haven't told anyone the truth in a week, and it's god. Uh, well, I thought this was interesting.
Speaker 1: He didn't really bring it up later, but at roundtable somebody brought up how Rob seemed off. I forget. I think it was Nat And yeah, and it's interesting that what was off, was that he's feeling the pressure, the emotional pressure of having to lie to everybody all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh god, I don't I can't remember last season, but I don't think I've seen anybody who's been a trader the whole time.
Speaker 1: Start to finish. They always people get caught in, recruited and.
Speaker 2: Recruited and cotton in them. Whoever's recruited maybe has to recruit somebody. He's been a trader, he's been playing this game since the first day. Yeah, that's got to be rough. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then Eric and Mark come in, obviously not murdered, and then Terror comes in, and this is where she starts her whole like, my radar is off, I don't know anything. I'm feeling really dumb, which yeah, but then unfortunately she doesn't get any better. I thought this meant that she would actually like change her behavior or not trust her instincts or something. And she spends most of the day going after Rob and.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, is she gonna be the one who's gonna shoot a shot in the dark and take down the king?
Speaker 3: And that what happens?
Speaker 1: What happened? I don't understand, like her and Johnny all day. I was like, they're gonna do it. Oh my god, they're gonna do it, and she's I think she's too scary.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of there's an episode of Seinfeld where George Castanza realizes every instinct he's ever had in his life has been wrong, so he does the direct opposite of everything in his life starts.
Speaker 3: To become amazing. I feel that's what she needs to do.
Speaker 2: It's like, I really think it's rob So that's why I'm voting for you, Like it's exactly you know, So yeah, it's but it's it's getting comically bad with her with how bad it is, and that's why you never have to kill her or do anything. She can't be a trader because, as Mark says later in the episode, where he's like, it's the best acting in the history of the world if she if she's really I mean, like the best Academy Award, she's Meryl Streep if she's a trader, because she can't.
Speaker 3: Nobody could be fumbling around this much. It's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: No, But I mean, actually, if I were one of the faithful in this scenario, I would really be turning on Johnny in this situation, because I'd be watching her go through all of this and be like, oh, she's actually a faithful and Johnny's been lying to her this whole time because that, you know what I mean, Like that seems like the dynamic that I would that I would predict just from if I was one of the faithful, But no one's even really brought that up, like they were suspicious of Johnny like an episode or two ago, and then everyone just dropped it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just I just don't know how they're playing.
Speaker 3: They get off people very quickly.
Speaker 2: Where it's like it's got to be this person, got to be this person. Then they don't vote for that person. Then they never bring them up again.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean that's Mark is just falling. I mean he's going to look back on his performance this whole season and be like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean Eve and More are both because they're both just like well, if anybody it's not Rob and you're like, really, why why why why would you assume that? Like even I say, with Tara and Johnny, I could see like the whole like we're best friends, we wouldn't lie to each other. But even that's bullshit, that's not the way the game is played. You're lying doing that's the worst way to play because the person's gonna have you in their pocket if they are a trade, because they'll just rely on the fact that you're their best friend.
Speaker 2: It's also as an audience member, though, it's a wonder full psychological kind of rorshack test almost because as they're talking about, like everybody's going, well, maybe we need to start concentrating on people that nobody that haven't had suspicion on them at all, like like a Rob like in Eric something like that, And who's saying this Maura who nobody has ever once mentioned the possibility that she and she's just skated through the whole time.
Speaker 3: I know, how do you know, how does no one throw her out?
Speaker 1: Do you think they just don't give her credit like for me being manipulative?
Speaker 3: I mean maybe where's she's too much of a simpleton quote unquote.
Speaker 1: Kind of because I mean it's it's what's working for Rob, right, Like everyone thinks that he's kind of not that smart or wouldn't be manipulated, and like they kept turning on Natalie and being like you're really smart, and it's like, why is that a problem.
Speaker 3: She's also said to my favorite moment of the entire episode.
Speaker 1: Ter like and you are, okay, you're here too smart too? You're smart, But that's what I mean. They're so just thinking about this wrong, like they're not Yeah, all right, anyway, Tarah comes in by herself, says her radar's off. Then Johnny comes in solo, and then Natalie meaning they murdered Kristen, which is my immediate thought was what idiots? Because she literally said Eric was acting weird. You know that it's Eric, and no one.
Speaker 2: Follows up with that. No, this entire episode, markus, well, what are you doing? Think about it as a trade, as a trader. It's a horrible thing to say. And I'm not denigrating anybody. Rob got rid of all the smart people, but it's true.
Speaker 3: Think about who's left.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's so embarrassing and true.
Speaker 3: Think about it.
Speaker 1: It's like the worst players, right.
Speaker 2: Natalie was the last you know, somebody where it was like, ooh, she's playing the gamesmart thinking that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: That's it. Think about who's left.
Speaker 2: You've got Tara, Johnny, Eric, who's another trade Moura and Rob's and Mark true, right, so they can say what they want.
Speaker 3: We got rid of the gamers first, and we got rid of the housewives. They got rid of the smart people.
Speaker 1: Right, there's literally nobody well, or even if you don't say smart, just good players. They literally get what I.
Speaker 3: Meantinctually smart players. Not necessarily. I'm sure they're they're smart.
Speaker 1: People who are strategizing in any regard because as it is, they're really just doing the dumbest things. Like Mark and Moyra are just like, well, I can't be Rob because I like him.
Speaker 2: Tara is literally arguing with herself. I know where she'll be like, it's definitely this person, and then she'll vote against the things she said all day long. Yep, So it's again that's what I mean smart. Smart might be the wrong word. You're right, because it's not intelligent, just gameplay and good as Oh about who's left.
Speaker 1: Well, I was surprised. I was shocked at they murdered Christian. I really thought that that was a bad move because she had really just pointed her fingers directly at Eric. But I also think that they had to because Rob and Eric, you know, the conversation and the turret, which they probably cut out from the previous episode was Eric being like, I'm not gonna be able to act my way out of this, Like I can't if Kristin is still there. I'm just gonna cave tomorrow if she talks to me. Yeah, exactly, because I mean that's what it had to come down to, right, because they were like, look you because he said at the end of the last episode, Rob said to him, you just have to be cool, and you know, they must have decided he couldn't. Sorry, really can't.
Speaker 3: He's easy.
Speaker 2: You're walking by the cops with walking by the cops with your friend, and your friend is drunk as hell, and you're like, just be cool, just.
Speaker 3: To be cool, just just don't fall on your face and we'll get home.
Speaker 2: Okay. That it's the Yeah, he's that guy, So yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 3: But watching it is.
Speaker 2: Just one kind of ye after another, and they don't. This episode, at least, Rob and Eric didn't really have to do much. It was kind of everybody else taking the heavy lifting. Well. Rob worked a little bit in the I feel like he had to defend himself rolls it in at the right time, yes, which is great, But for the most part he kind of got to sit back and let Natalie and Tara and everybody else just kind of do their thing. And I feel bad for Mark in a way because Mark is now one of what the five people left, six people left, and this guy still doesn't get a lot of camera time. It's like they're still cutting everybody else but Mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think he's one of those like probably really nice in real life, obviously a talented dancer, but doesn't bring much personality and manage or much, you know, which is why he's lasted this long, because he's just not really plain. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, More's the same way though.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of there, I know, but I love her accents.
Speaker 3: I love her.
Speaker 1: So after breakfast, Tara says this thing she slept on. It doesn't think it's Natalie.
Speaker 2: Okay, you slept on it, and now you've decided it's not Natalie, which you're.
Speaker 1: Going to go back on by the end of the day.
Speaker 3: She like does this whole speech like it's so she's just.
Speaker 1: I mean, when she's crying at the end, it's it's on you, lady, like, yeah, okay. And then Mark and Rob talk and you know, Mark is just in Rob's pocket. Yeah, you know, it's like this is this is the moment where you could talk about Eric, really talk about Eric, and.
Speaker 2: But he's said it several times, which is which is so interesting again the psychological kind of disadvantage that he's at because he's he has like he was like, I've first of all, keep in mind what he does for a living requires a partner for dancing.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 2: His partner was Kristen essentially in this game. Now she's gone, and he said several times like I'm I'm alone on an island.
Speaker 3: I've got nobody. So he just wanted to latch onto a group.
Speaker 2: So I think the second he latched on, then he's like, okay, this is my new group.
Speaker 3: I have friends. I'm fine, so I can't.
Speaker 2: Vote for them, right, And it's like he just latched on looking for, yeah, somebody to have lunch with in the cafeteria.
Speaker 3: Totally that point, and it's it gets a little sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the thing. They're all voting, like, they're all basically just going off of who they like or who they get along with. And it's like that's not the point of the game. The point of the game is who's been eliminated? Why have they been eliminated. Who's who's led us in the direction to keep making mistakes because they've made more mistakes than not and they are they're not paying attention to you know, or when they do when they bring up like Candice voted for Rob, that's weird.
Speaker 2: And they're thing is they're throwing out the good clues and then kind of disregarding them. So, yeah, it's I was like, I thought there was gonna be some kind of wonderful poetry to the fact that Tara, who was this terrible player who's never once gotten it right, was going to get Rob out.
Speaker 3: I thought, so, you know what, I was gonna be like, this is kind of brilliant.
Speaker 1: If this is the way, you can't like the whole day was going that way. Yes, Because then the car right on the way to the mission, Tara, Natalie, and Moira are discussing Rob. Moira's not budging on the Rob thing, but you know, she she actually says, uh, she would storm out of the castle if it was him, because she's so convinced. It's like, what, why, what do you mean storm out of the castle, Like, yeah.
Speaker 3: A guy she's doing a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's she's just in love with him. Yes, there's a chemistry. Yes, I totally think she's just being an idiot because she's just like, well, I can't be a Rob.
Speaker 3: We're gonna hear a little later that they're dating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all right in the car, Natalie pushes for Rob with uh Tara and Johnny, which is like, hey, a good move and kind of Natalie's only move and Tara and I was like, yeah, this is you know, smart the mission again they set. I love like I just love a good creepy carnival yep. And it was perfect, great production design, creepy carnival.
Speaker 3: Little American horror stories esque yep.
Speaker 1: Did the word caras Hell work for you?
Speaker 3: I mean it was of.
Speaker 1: I just kept wanting to say Caroshel Karrish. When I saw it, I was like, oh, caras Hell, But then it was like my brain when I was reading it was like no, no, no, that's Kroshell.
Speaker 3: You's got the shell. I got the call.
Speaker 1: Show with the brain on it. Oh my god. Well I love that they have their dummies and Natalie. Did you notice Natalie holding the dummy Eric's hand.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're going to get through this.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're going to get through this. I I mean I would probably throw up. I am really bad at like spinning things like this. I remember throwing up when I was a kid on the little tire swings, you know, when people would wind you up on the tire swings. So I would not be good at this yet.
Speaker 3: No, I uh, I don't disagree.
Speaker 2: I for some reason, when I'm focused on other things, I can get bet. So if I'm like I knew it was part of a game where I've got to get out. I've got to spin five times, get out and then run, psychologically, I could probably get through it.
Speaker 3: As opposed to just you're going on a ride. We're gonna spin you around, right, It's rough. Just that's all you're doing. We're just spinning you see.
Speaker 1: I mean I get motion sickness. So I wonder if that would count, Like if I could just say, like I'm gonna throw up, if you you know, make me like sit in a car and read.
Speaker 2: Well, I can tell you that if they keep in line with what they did last year. The last challenge is huge.
Speaker 1: Really, it's like physically well.
Speaker 2: The one they did last year was you literally you're all harnessed in and then a helicopter comes and straps you to the bottom of a helicopter so you're like hanging on a wire flies you all the way up and over the trees that are hundreds of feet tall, and you have to drop money into these things.
Speaker 3: So it was like it was pretty massive.
Speaker 1: At this point too. Also, having a shield is not as important as like having a dagger. Yeah, it seems more important if you are in any position, if you're a trader or a faithful you want to be able to sway the votes because if you're trying to get a trader and you believe in yourself or your team or whoever, you know, that extra vote that's more important than if somebody gets murdered or not at this rate, I think, because.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I think it's also though, if you're a trader, they wanted it just so they had carte blanche with whoever they It's like, we can kill anybody we want to.
Speaker 3: We don't have to.
Speaker 2: You know, if Natalie got the shield and Natalie was the one coming after them, and it was like okay, we can, we can this way, we don't have to worry about who we're going to kill. We can kill whoever we want. Yeah, so I think that makes a difference. But yeah, the the dagger I think was important.
Speaker 1: I just feel like the game at this point is more. The roundtable is a bigger deal than the murders, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Think that's Yeah. I think that's true too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is there Oh yeah there is. I was going to say, is there another murder? But yeah, there is. We just don't know who it is, right, I think of what it's going to be though.
Speaker 1: Really I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, guys, guess what Pod meets t World is approaching our next season of reality TV. So we've conquered ballroom dancing and we've become perfect experts on weird trader things that happen in Scottish castles.
Speaker 3: So what's next?
Speaker 2: Well, how about a little desert island dream? Oh god, I hope I don't have to take my shirt off. But that's right, We're taking on the fiftieth season of Survivor, So get ready for Pod meets Tworld Seeking Immunity, a podcast about Survivor from a guy who's watched all forty nine seasons and another one who's only seen one I'm gonna let you guess who's who, and you might be surprised by the answer. So make sure to watch the Survivor Season fifty premiere on Wednesday, February twenty fifth on CBS or Paramount Plus, and then come on back to Ryder and I to hear us become undeniable castaway experts.
Speaker 3: Wait, do I have to be friend of volleyball? Anyway? Someone has to do it? We'll see you there.
Speaker 1: Well, they're gonna run, they spin for a bunch, then they have to run to Teddy Bears and rip them open trying to find money.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that one point when who is at Eric is like they smell horrible.
Speaker 3: They smell whack, whack, No, totally whack.
Speaker 1: I love that little detailed What did they do, like leave these out overnight? Probably gross? And yeah, all right, well, so Rob runs back last. And at this point I thought it was obvious that they were going to be doing musical chairs.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that either. I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Well because when they said in the beginning, he's laying out the rules and I know your brand probably shuts off during but he said, if you're the last one on the spinning If you're there for the last spinning ride, you get a shield. And I was like, oh, so it's going to be the last person standing. That's the only way it would you'd.
Speaker 2: Get to be the last I didn't put that together, and I was a little I was a little pissed about that because I was like, I wish they had told If they told me, I had to run there as fast as possible, get it and come back.
Speaker 3: Right, that's different.
Speaker 1: That's the only way. It's a competition, though, Like there was no right, So they just didn't think it through. That's why I was like, Rob did why are you okay with being the last person? And then he wasn't and yeah, and he turned on Mark, which is a little weird, Yeah, and like kind of harshly. Yeah, So this is you know, he's talked about being more emotionally in control before and like how and he's demonstrated that very well.
Speaker 3: So you think it was real or do you think he was acting.
Speaker 2: Too?
Speaker 1: I think it felt more like because then he was like, I'm not mad at you, I'm not mad at you, and he realized but he was still very emotional, So I think it was just an emotional like breakdown of the you know, the pressure that he talked about in the beginning of the episode, that feeling of like having to lie so much. I think it probably, you know, yeah, drove him crazy.
Speaker 2: Maybe, how again, it was probably three days ago, but I feel like Lisa Renna hasn't been in there for nine months mm hmm. And so, because I was thinking about one of the things that they said in the car back, Natalie was like, Rob's acting seemed really bad today and that maybe take a Lisa.
Speaker 3: We were both like, God, that wasn't That wasn't a great beat that you just had there. That wasn't a good moment.
Speaker 2: But he's not an actor, right, And frankly, I didn't think it was that bad.
Speaker 1: No, I actually believed it. I thought I was like, dude, hold on in your emotions in check like it seemed real.
Speaker 2: I felt the same way I thought he was getting. I think I think what he said in the beginning of the entire episode is absolutely true where I think the whole thing is just getting to him. I think it's got to be a whole different kind of pressure when you're a trader. I think you're probably shooting more stuff you're you know, got to be thinking ten moves ahead. I think it's probably a lot more mentally exhausting than being a faithful is totally and he's been there the whole time, and he's probably starting to lose it a little bit. Also, the one who was calling him out for being a bad actor, Natalie was the worst liar I've ever seen. Remember her trying to lie to.
Speaker 1: Keep the dagger.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: It's just like licking your lips and not able to make eye particular dude. So yeah, she doesn't know from line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She's a very straightforward person, which I think is part of the reason why I like her and why I was thinking she would be better at this than she is. But exactly like she says when she leaves, I think it comes across as somewhat aggressive and people don't you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, not to be this guy, but that same attitude in the man, most people are like, man, that's just somebody.
Speaker 3: Going for what they want.
Speaker 2: Totally good for you, Good for you, that's that's that's drive right there. A woman You're sorry, she's got a chip on it. Yeah, exactly exactly what bit like, Okay, yeah she's bossy.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, how about just a boss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's also especially in that last dress when she walked in, she's.
Speaker 1: She's ripped, ripped.
Speaker 2: I mean she's good crush men.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean she is really good shape.
Speaker 1: And that's like a new development, like because when I when she I don't remember her being that bad. I mean she was always athletic, right, like like compared to like when she was on Amazing Race or whatever survivor like a couple of years ago, Like I don't remember her arms. She's working, she even says, she says something about like I work really hard at being strong. And I was like in a lot of senses of that. Ye, like not just not just you're you're talking about emotionally, but you're also like I just can't take my eyes off your arms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just like, god, geez, look at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I mean she's basically like a bodybuilder. You know, she's got that kind of like she's clearly.
Speaker 3: Has that kind of bodybuilding physique.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then Rob is removed. He's pissed at Mark, which is a weird reaction. The next round, Natalie helps Moira even though she's got money, and I thought this was a really good move. This was like the kind of thing that I wanted Natalie to be doing from the beginning of this game. She's like, I got to get in Moira's good graces to convince her that Rob is the guy because I know that she's win with Rob. It's like, really smart. She should have been doing that days ago, because she hasn't called, you know, because obviously Moira's falls for whoever treats her nice or takes care of her, which is exactly why she's falling for Rob. She's not seeing it for what it is. So yes, Natalie should have been doing this, but at least she makes the effort. Johnny doesn't make it that second round, he's out. Then Moira joking, you're joking.
Speaker 3: I'm so good at this game. She was so happy.
Speaker 1: One and then Mark is out. So the last ring, there's two seats removed, or it is not even the last one yet, I don't think, so Natalie and tear her out, and then Moira and Eric come down to the final and she says she's gonna get that shield if it's the last thing she does. Last thing I do, but Eric wins Man traders just killing it, killing it, killing it. In the car ride back, Natalie breaks down the strategy in terms of numbers, and this was very smart. Yep. She's like, Rob has the dagger. Rob and Lawyer are voting together. They're gonna vote for At this point, she's saying me, right, she knows, and we need to get Rob and we all need to stick together. Now, this is a perfect argument. It seems like Tara and Johnny are with her.
Speaker 3: Oh, with her. They instigated the whole thing at the beginning.
Speaker 1: So I'm sitting at this point, I'm like, Okay, it's a real round table, Like this is gonna be really tough. Yep. So what is it like? I mean, it doesn't like is Tara just such a whimp when it comes to confrontation. Yes, it is right, but that doesn't make sense for Johnny, Like Johnny doesn't seem like a pushover. Like Johnny seems like the type of.
Speaker 2: Guy who just tell you to your face, like I disagree with you or I think you're a trader. But he caves too. It's so weird to me that they all pounce on Natalie. I guess the only reason that I think it would work is because because, as they said, or as Rob said later, Natalie played the round table wrong and came off looking really guilty.
Speaker 1: Just because she was so aggressive.
Speaker 2: I don't know, or they cut something because again I didn't think she played it terribly, but she got She did get instantly pissed when Tara was like, she was like, all I need you to do is to back me up for your theory. Yes, Like I'll flow your theory that we've talked about all day and then just stick with your theory.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And she doesn't even stick with her own theory. It says like where did that come from?
Speaker 1: So I guess maybe if Natalie hadn't been as as confrontational and maybe a little more like, hey, Tara, remember the conversation we had, Yeah, like I need you to help me here. Yeah, Like this is not about like we had a call, you know, like she could have been maybe a little less like you are turning on me. And I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Because that really didn't work shuts her down and shut it down, which is so strange because professional figure skaters I know a little bit of this world. These are super competitive, like amazingly driven people that are doing two and three days from their time they're four, and it's like they have one drive and one thing. So the idea that she's like kind of this wilting flower is a little strange to me.
Speaker 1: That socially right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess so, I guess.
Speaker 1: So there is a psychological torture element to this entire case.
Speaker 3: Oh god, there is, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like that's like watching I mean, that's because that's what's happening to Rob this episode. I mean they have been there for what eight nine days at this point, Like that's gotta suck, man. When you start to feel like you can't trust anybody.
Speaker 3: In a paranoia prison for nine days.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're it's a paranoid house of mirrors, that's all it is. Yeah, Oh my god, I would I mean yeah, I mean she says it at the end of this episode where she's just like just murder me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I can take this anymore. I think that would be me on dato.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: I mean, even if I wasn't a trader, if I made it this far, I would be like, you know, yeah, because you got a kind of some somewhat take it as a compliment if people vote you out, you know, yeah, like Natalie should take it as a compliment. But I do actually have to say though, if you know what we were talking about Eric in the severe anxiety and again dealing with anxiety. However, the pressure, the psychological pressure of dealing with anxiety and being in that environment, and him going from faithful first to now being a trader and dealing with that as a mental illness.
Speaker 3: That's pretty impressive. Yep, because I get why you just shut down. I get why he's quiet around the table, because it's like.
Speaker 1: Well, just let Rob do his think, because Rob is going so doing so well. Yes, I mean like in some ways, Eric's worst nightmare would been that Rob gets killed, because then he would be alone as a and he would be horrible.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I mean. So it's God, yeah, it's this is.
Speaker 1: This is such so interesting? All right. Well, then Tara and Natalie talked to Mark back at the house. They talk about Rob's bad acting, which I didn't really think was bad acting. That doesn't seem like you did either, But I agree they're right. They're on the money to start talking about Rob then Johnny talks to Eric just so nervous it's hysterical. And then this moment with Rob and Moira happens, which I could not believe she did not notice it. He's literally saying to her, we got to get Natalie out, and then Johnny and Tara, which is pure trader talk, like it's a pure He's treated her as if she's Eric, like that she's part of the team of how they have to vote people out. And he's not saying because they're a trader.
Speaker 2: He's just literally saying, we got to get him out or her out, and then him and it was like.
Speaker 1: And she just kind of like okay, Rob.
Speaker 2: And the best part is he walks away behind her holding a knife he just ate with and he's like, yes, Chicken was good.
Speaker 3: It was just like the greatest.
Speaker 2: He's like, you're with me, You're gonna do this and we're gonna get rid of him and her and then I'll see you later.
Speaker 1: Okay, keep it between us.
Speaker 3: Chicken chicken whis It's just like, Wow, this guy's insane.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be swimming with the fishes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's nothing suspicious.
Speaker 1: I can't. Yeah, she's just in his camp like she's just taking her.
Speaker 2: They talk and I was like, yeah, we can't get rid of her. She's perfect, she's too just following everything. Yeah, yes, oh man, she's gonna feel so dumb when she I would love if she's in fact the secret genius and at the end she calls out the one trader and takes all the money and walks like, I will be out. Oh my god, Oh my god, it would be amazing. She's been just doing this the entire time. She's the best player in the history of the show.
Speaker 3: No, oh god, that's the case.
Speaker 1: This moment, though, it blew my mind. I was like, Rob, I thought he would had overplayed it. I thought she was literally going to be like that was weird me.
Speaker 3: But instead she.
Speaker 1: Just like shows up at the route. Well, can't be Rob, Yeah, couldn't be me, Rob.
Speaker 3: It's true. It's like he lived.
Speaker 2: You're right, there was no there was no ambiguity in the conversation he was having. He wasn't trying to like layer it into a conversation. Here's what we're gonna do. Where's what we're gonna do. We're gonna vote this person and then we're gonna kill this person. And get him out of here.
Speaker 1: She's okay, all right. So the round table, Tara starts off talking about how she can't trust herself, which I thought was going to lead to and but I'm going to say it's Rob. It didn't you know? And it didn't.
Speaker 2: It Literally the entire her entire conversation started with I'm bad at this game. I'm going to start though by saying I don't want to put anybody up.
Speaker 3: And then she sat back and it's like, then.
Speaker 2: Why did you talk let somebody else stalk and let somebody else start.
Speaker 3: I know it was so she didn't back up her own theory.
Speaker 2: She started the day saying, I've slept on it. It's not Natalie.
Speaker 1: Then spent the whole day colluding with Natalie coming to the listening to somebody like her make the conclusion that it's Rob and give real numbers reasons why they should stick together, and then just lets all of that go.
Speaker 2: It made no sense to vote on the person that literally the first conversation of the day was her going, I got to.
Speaker 3: Tell her that it wasn't her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. It doesn't make any sense the way she's playing.
Speaker 1: So then Rob is able to bring up Natalie. Natalie brings this whole like you shifted Rob the last couple of days, which is interesting, and then she brings up the canvas vote for Rob, which is, you know, not amazing evidence, but it's something you know, And she also knows that they're going to vote for her, so she's pretty desperate in this scenario, and she you know, she is a faithful so she's coming from the right place. See, I think I think think it's much better evidence then you would think, because that Candice voted for real.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, because if they think, especially if you're a housewife and you want to get like, oh, if I'm going down, I'm taking you with me.
Speaker 3: And she voted. She it turns out to Cheee the Trader and she votes.
Speaker 2: Threw out his name twice to me, that is the breadcrumb that you need.
Speaker 3: And everybody talked about it. They're like, yeah, that's legit, that's a legit thing.
Speaker 2: And then everyone went, man, we're not gonna I forget it.
Speaker 1: It's true, weird, it's tru can't be Rob. So then Tara Natalie start to go at it, which I was really bummed out for both of them, and I was like, this is going to suck for them to watch back. Yeah, and realized that they were being used perfectly. H and Tara especially like I just couldn't you know. And we see the dagger, like, are we going to use the dagger? Rob raises his hand. Obviously he's going to use the dagger. Yeah. Natalie votes Tara, which was kind of a bummer. I was like, why are you voting Rob? Like you made all these arguments and now you're just voting emotionally personal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's personally now, it's just not smart.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: Then Rob and Mark vote for Natalie because Mark is just following Rob looking for friends.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Terror votes Natalie, I guess because she's changed her mind completely since what she started with this morning. Maria votes Natalie and that's when she's officially banished. But then Eric also votes Natalie. Not no surprise there. And then Natalie has this moment with Johnny, which I thought was intense, but Johnny's.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, she like, don't say I'm sorry, don't say you're sorry, don't say you're sorry.
Speaker 1: Just vote for me.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't want to hear I don't hear it, Like Wow, Well again, you you would have to I have to imagine, as a faithful you would have to walk away from the conversation you had had all day in the car, everything walk away going okay, So one of them has to be a trader, because all day long they were on my side. They threw this out there, it was their theory, they knew what they were doing, and then last second they turned on me, left me out to dry.
Speaker 3: Has to be either Terror or Johnny. I mean, how how could you walk away with any other conclusion. I mean you literally talk to them all day. It's Rob. It's Rob. It's Rob, and they're the ones tring on you. The second you sit down, they turn on you.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, actually, So Natalie voting for Terror makes sense in that way. So she should have made a last minute please she should have said, you know, I came in here ready to vote for Rob, but based on that Tara turning on me, we should all be voting for Terror because that's crazy that she's flipped on a dime this much. Yeah, that would have been a better argument.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is your whole your whole day, this has been your theory. You started the day by coming to me and saying I slept on it. I know it's not you, right, And then you spent the entire day convin it was Rob and strategizing with how we're going to do it. I then start the strategy at the table and say it's Rob and the first thing you do.
Speaker 3: Is stab me in the back. Trader, you have to be Yeah, you know you'd be wrong, but at least you'd have a legitimate reason to say it.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. They're already so screwed, all right.
Speaker 2: So then Tara's bawling saying she's a fool, which, yeah, he's not a.
Speaker 1: Good Okay, just murder me.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Who do you think so far has been the worst player?
Speaker 1: I mean Mark and Tara. I think like everybody, all the people left, literally everybody left is a bad player. Like you were you you said it earlier. It's so you're so right, Like they have played. The Traders have done such a good job of eliminating the good players.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes they have. They took everyone away.
Speaker 1: Because I mean the chance they took a chance by getting rid of Christian, who was a good player. The risk there was that she had done the good player thing of telling everybody if I die, it's Eric and Mark did not pick up that thread because he's not a good player. It's like they're just bad. It's so sad, all right, Well, they don't deserve any of this freaking money. They all deserve to die.
Speaker 3: You don't deserve the seventy eight and forty two.
Speaker 1: Dollars you're gonna wait that you got from a teddy bear?
Speaker 3: Got from a teddy bear?
Speaker 1: What you got from a wax smelling teddy bear. I love this moment where Rob and Mark lay on the pool table and they talk about you know, it's just like, is this this where I was like, Mark, you fool?
Speaker 3: But this is where Rob's a genius.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is because the one thing that I've noticed he does amazingly well is he keeps his mouth shut. He lets somebody else come to him and say something, and then a lot of the time he agrees with them, Yep, just agrees where he's even where she even Mark was like it can't be terror, and He's like, no, I don't think it's terror either, Like.
Speaker 1: And then Mark brings up Eric, and you know, and Rob sort of lets that sit a little bit because he's smart.
Speaker 2: H oh.
Speaker 3: It's so delicious.
Speaker 2: It has to be fattening because I know it's coming, and it's just it's great.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 1: In the turret, Rob calls out Eric for not talking.
Speaker 3: He's like, dude, that's not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't talk at all, Like you gotta do a little. Oh. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I want more scenes of them just being the the trying to tell the little brother, like what the hell did you do? Like, so then Alan comes in and tells him they have to do a murder that night in front of everybody. We get this, you know, level of anxiety from them about that because they're gonna have to act, which I love. The producers are just putting the screws to Eric. Basically, they're just like, can you can you do this? Like, let's let's put him in the most uncomfortable situation.
Speaker 3: Like looking right. Alan's like looking right at him, going like, because it.
Speaker 2: Would be a shame to blow it now, I don't reveal your feelings.
Speaker 3: Eric, I'm totally natural.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So then everybody gets called outside in the middle of the night or close and when it's dark out I guess because they're sleeping in hotels apparently. Oh and they get to witness a coffin and somebody's gonna get murdered. Now you have your theory, you think it's.
Speaker 3: I think it's Moura. Really yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the way Rob said it to where he was like, I don't want to do this, I think he legitimately likes her when he said rip at the end. I think he definitely doesn't want to get rid of her. But I think she kind of makes the most sense.
Speaker 1: Right Why though, because she's completely in the bag for him, So she would never at the end moments turn on him, because don't they have to at the end like decide, like you want people that are one hundred percent believing you're faithful, right, Like, that's what you want to go to the end with, even when you're a trader, especially when you're trader. So for him, he should be looking at Mark and Moira as his rider die at this.
Speaker 2: Point, I think people think Johnny and Tara could be trader trader exactly.
Speaker 1: So oh so if you kill.
Speaker 2: One of them, then maybe they're not, you know what I mean, Like keep them there is but oh right, because they can still banish one more person, right, right, So if you kill Moira or Mark, it makes Tara yeah, and then you could sell the especial.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is why you don't know who to pick or the other thing you do is see my guess is if you killed.
Speaker 1: Tara saying yes, yes, then you could still make it look like Johnny.
Speaker 2: But Johnny would never Johnny has said she's my rider or I'd never do that, so do you. If you believe Johnny, then he's automatically taking It's so difficult to pick who to do. I also wondered, and this is where we got to talk to somebody who knows all the rules, because I wondered, if could you make a deal with your fellow trader. Could Eric look to Rob and say, look, I'm a liability. If you promise to split the money with me, let's kill me, right, And so if I die, you're the last trader.
Speaker 3: It takes the onus off of it.
Speaker 1: You can never split the money. No, I can't be on the rules because then you'd be outside of the game if you if you get killed or banished, you're you lose your out right to it. Yeah, you can't make sense.
Speaker 3: Can possibly I'd be looking for all the loopholes I know.
Speaker 1: But the weirder one is the the what happened earlier with Colton and Lisa, right, because that was a weirder situation, Like how would that have played out if she had agreed to it, because then he would have been on the faithful side, helping the traders secretly. That seems like it would be allowed by the rules.
Speaker 2: But I think the rule says that the oath you take is the trader is you're not allowed to tell anybody except your favor that you're a trader. And she would have to tell Colton. But again, is that like an oath? Or are those rules okay? So if I were Rob right now, I would never let them murder.
Speaker 1: I would never let Eric murder my rider dies Moira or so if I'm Rob, who I think is thinking the most ahead, He's he knows that if he murders Johnny or Tara that he can that they can he can turn the other two against Eric if he has to do. You know what I'm saying, Like there's still the potential people voting for Eric and Rob getting away with it, like they're not gonna turn on him.
Speaker 2: Which one so, which one of them has said Eric's name Tara or Johnny, because what could be interesting is then you.
Speaker 1: Know Marcus, Marcus said it. That's the thing. You keep Mark around, and you keep because she'll vote with you, with you. So what you do is you kill Terror. I would say, you kill Tara, and you try and pin it on Johnny and if that doesn't work, you point the finger Eric.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then Eric gets kicked out and he doesn't get to say I'm a trader because you don't get to say what you are exactly.
Speaker 3: So that's a good call because I.
Speaker 2: Think and if I were Eric, I would be I would be gunning for Mark or Moiro because you know I would be gunning mostly for Mark, assuming that that Rob told him that Mark said his name, and and you know that Mark is the one who Kristen said to the night before, so get rid of him, even though he didn't bring it up all days Mark and also just cut Rob's support out.
Speaker 1: Now they're gonna kill Terror Johnny.
Speaker 2: Well, it's already been proven that can obviously be made to vote however you kind of want or you want her to.
Speaker 3: So I'd killed Johnny.
Speaker 1: Really Tara around, but nobody was gonna believe that Tara did it, So you're really opening yourself up to being.
Speaker 2: Well then where you point to finger at Eric, right, and then you're the last trader standing.
Speaker 1: But see, I think there's a more there's a more plausible version. Like I think most Mark and Moira would more easily believe that Johnny killed Tara than the other way around. So I say, you kill Tara, and then you're able to say Johnny did it. He was lying to her the whole time. Johnny has to defend himself. And then you say, and if they're not buying that, then you pivot to Eric. That's what That's what I would do. Let's see. Interesting, I finally have a strategy. I feel like it only took all ten episodes before I had an opinion about any of it.
Speaker 2: If I was if I was rob though, I would reverse that because I'd want them to. I would kill one Johnny. I would get in Tara's ears saying it was Eric. I would have everybody pointing at Eric. I then banish Eric, and then I'm the last trader standing.
Speaker 1: It's a great call.
Speaker 3: If that's what he does, he deserves.
Speaker 1: The problem is they can't they can't know if they were right about banishing Eric. Right, that's tricky.
Speaker 3: Exactly, it's so weird.
Speaker 1: That's tricky.
Speaker 3: That's his goal though, that that's the goal.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, well let's wrap this up, shall we.
Speaker 2: Well, I think to wrap it up. You know that I'm an expert on famous history. Yeah, I mean, it's basically it's kind of it was my pH D one of them, and with this is a segment that we call.
Speaker 3: Them trade real.
Speaker 2: So so we're having a song kind of Nickel Becky or hey wait, it's not getting insulted.
Speaker 3: So thing it's a hole I wanna be a.
Speaker 1: Pro jam.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: We've got a modern day one here, and one that was considered very dangerous. His name is Robert Hanson, and he remains one of the most dangerous and skilled traders in American espionage history.
Speaker 3: Robert Hanson fooled.
Speaker 2: The FBI for over two decades while spying for Soviet and Russian intelligence. His betrayal caused extraordinary damage to national security. He was caught in two thousand and one and received life without parole.
Speaker 1: Wow, so he's still in prison.
Speaker 2: He is still in prison. I think he might even be in Florence super Max, like the one where all the baddies go wow, which is uh yeah, so not a good guy.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, that's it for this episode of Pod meets Twirld. Alliances were tested, trust misplaced, and once again we're left with the cliffhanger. Join us next time, as we conclude, is the next one? The last episode, as we conclude our journey through season four of Traders, a show in which, as Shakespeare said in his Scottish play fair as foul and foul is fair.
Speaker 3: Pearl here
Speaker 2: H