Speaker 1: This podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arthur. Today we're joined by Brody, Corey, Nate, and Tresa. This is a ten round quiz show with questions for Meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing Now, this episode is Brody v. Jabbroni's that means it'll be the winningest Meat Eater Trivia player of all time, going up against three Jabbronis, Corey, Nate and Tresa. Brodie, how do you feel about your chances?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: I guess okay, I.
Speaker 2: Guess you know that he's nervous Jabebroni's how do you feel about your chances?
Speaker 1: So good? Never better? Yeah? I was playing on beating them by myself. Oh and then you assembled.
Speaker 2: The supertand you don't need Corey and Testa, No, I might. You were discussing everyone's role in the team. Tell listeners what those roles are.
Speaker 1: Tresa is going to get every question that pisses off Brody. It's how Contrary's saying. He Corey is gonna get the real in depth hunting ones like bare teeth, numbers and the like.
Speaker 2: And Corey and tress also fly fishing. They got that card.
Speaker 1: I know exactly. That's my that's a big hole my game.
Speaker 2: You do for the team.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what supervised?
Speaker 2: We're fine, Okay, got it? Who's going to be the captain among you three? Because here's how we'll do this. I will ask the question, Brody will come up with his answer. When he's done, his answer is locked, and then you three can discuss aloud what you want your answer to be. So who's who's going to be the captain? Who writes down the answer for you?
Speaker 1: My votes for Tressa, me too.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tesa, you've been elected Brody the Jabroni's. Now for our stat of the week. This week, we're looking at the last time we did Randall v. Jabroni's. In that episode, it was six p ninety when Randall took on six Jabbronis, the Jabbroni's best at him, winning by two points. Randall had six that game, while the Jabbronis had eight if.
Speaker 4: You played by the same rules.
Speaker 2: Same rules.
Speaker 1: YEP.
Speaker 2: Six was a little overwhelming though for Randall, so we dialed it back. It's a lot of people, there's a lot of brains there. Everyone knew something. So we're gonna try three today, three of it with some of the top playing.
Speaker 1: Jabbroni's at the number of brains? Were you?
Speaker 2: Jabroni's here when we did that. Jabroni's yeah. V Randy, Oh, okay, no, Nate. Nate's new to the game.
Speaker 3: I would have only gotten one.
Speaker 2: Now here's our Infrequently Asked Question segment. If you have a Trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the medeater dot com with the subject line I FAQ. Jeff Hilton says, hey, moron, you forgot to do the correct answer review again.
Speaker 1: Get out here.
Speaker 2: Now, this is a problem. The listeners get really annoyed when I forget to do this. I get annoyed when I forget to do this. It's been a real flaw lately. I've been doing this too much. So here's what we're gonna do. For every episode I forget to do the correct answer review. I'm going to join a new Conservation Org I'm currently part of five, but I'm making this punishment retroactive, so starting last week, just this morning, I joined my six group American Rivers. This way, at least if I fail the listeners to do the correct answer review, there's some good that comes from that error.
Speaker 1: The punishment fits the crime. There we go.
Speaker 2: Nice Now, listeners call me out on it. Phil, you call me out on it. Players, you call me out if this. If we get to question ten, I have done the correct answer review, sound the alarm and I will pay my penalty. This is either going to fix the problem or I'm going to be a member of like twenty conservation orgs by the twenty by the end of the year. I'll see what happens. Right, No Shelby index today, excuse me, no housekeeping today. But the Shelby index is a four, so our winners should get eight correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, I'm need to know what I stand to win everything?
Speaker 1: How's that just tend to win everything? Demon Suckers.
Speaker 2: As a reminder, Brody will write down his answer first. That will be locked in, and then our dabbronis will have a chance to discuss question one. The topic is conservation, and this will be multiple choice. Which of these agencies employs the most people? Is it US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, or Bureau of Reclamation HM. Which of these agencies employs the most people? Is it the Forest Service, BLM, Park Service or Bureau of Reclamation. Brody now going to his whiteboard, keeping it a secret from the Jabbronis Nates wrote down an answer. Brody, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 1: Where your head's at?
Speaker 4: And I think that's a tough question.
Speaker 2: Okay, again your four choices US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, Bureau of Wreck. Brody's answer is locked in this pre Doge cuts or post dog this. This was as of twenty twenty five, so I don't know if he was pre or post Doge cuts. All right, Brody's answer is locked in. Jabroni's you discussed. Now, what do you think the correct answer is?
Speaker 1: Well, I think we should talk about our methodology and I don't want to influence your answer.
Speaker 4: But that's the whole point off the risk off the red dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as a Montana and we're just just thinking how much National Forest we have.
Speaker 1: This is where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Corey, Corey, what do you think it is?
Speaker 1: I think it's a Forest Service and.
Speaker 2: Nate he put one park Service to Forest Service. Tresa put down her two as the Forest Service as two, and the Park Service, like the Park Service have their own like trail crew.
Speaker 1: See that's I'm an East Coast boy. So I just think of parks. I don't think of the giant forests out there.
Speaker 2: Again, the four choices US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, Bureau of Reclamation. Which of those agencies employees the most people?
Speaker 1: Will you think.
Speaker 3: The National Park.
Speaker 4: Like to contracted employees?
Speaker 1: Mm? Well yeah, like there's Mammoth Wyoming. There's a bunch of federal Like.
Speaker 5: There's like the lawyers and judges, and we're gonna need you to park ladies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say, flip coin, dude.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, flip a coin. Who carries those around anymore?
Speaker 1: Right here?
Speaker 2: He found a coin? Okay, tell us what what's what here?
Speaker 1: That's what we want to go with.
Speaker 3: Captain. Oh, I'm the captain. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wow, a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: I don't like they were putting this answer. Most of my big decision, some kind of reason here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got six halves of brains.
Speaker 6: That's not how we do things.
Speaker 2: What are we thinking, Brodie?
Speaker 1: What are you thinking? He's thinking this? This is easy. He's got this.
Speaker 2: This is four choices for his service. B l M Park Service, Bureau of Wreck all right, treesa Trisa, what are we going with?
Speaker 1: I think we should go with our guts, which.
Speaker 2: Is which was service?
Speaker 1: National US for a service. But she's got one and two she got Oh wait, you got two and one? Oh, do you think too? Then let's go for it and I can blame you.
Speaker 2: They're settling their answer. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have the brownis saying the National Park Service, Brody says the Bureau of Land Management. That could be the correct answer is the US Forest Service. Nobody got it right hard enough. There are thirty five thousand Forest Service employees, twenty thousand National Park Service employees, ten thousand Bureau of Land Management employees, and five thousand Bureau of Reclamation employees. The National Park Service heavily relies on volunteers, of which there are one hundred and thirty eight thousand of.
Speaker 1: We were closer than browdy.
Speaker 2: So it's Forest Service at thirty five thousand, Park Service at twenty thousand. Question two, the topic is fishing. This next great question is via Ryan Lilly. Paddling Magazine defines this ford letter word as quote, the crossbeam in the boat's center connecting the starboard and port sides. Four letter Paddling Magazine defines this four letter word as the cross beam in the boat's center, connecting these starboard and port sides.
Speaker 1: I have a different one, but I like that. I like yours better. Here's the picture.
Speaker 2: So Cory has a four letter answer and Nate has a four letter answer. We're set up for another argument on question two. Yeah, I got well, wait, obviously, maybe we've got two bigga Jabroni's in the room.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Alpha gabbronis Brody is still thinking for the four letter word four letter word, the cross beam in the boat's center. I think you're writing the starboard and port sides.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. Yeah, I drew a picture and it turned out very provocative.
Speaker 2: I think, well, show the camera, Yeah, what your picture is.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of that word. I got my sailing license in Greece.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, sailing license new.
Speaker 6: Trissa lore us about that.
Speaker 3: I started a broad in Greece and we had sailing every morning at six am on the Mediterranean seat.
Speaker 1: That is so cool, beautiful.
Speaker 2: What does that sailing license get you?
Speaker 3: I can be a skipper? Oh okay, press myself now, yeah right.
Speaker 2: Paddling Magazine defines this Ford letter where cross beam in the boat center connecting.
Speaker 6: These for me.
Speaker 2: But this is the problem when I got to think they're also thinking. They're just not arguing yet, so they're they're thinking as well.
Speaker 1: If I got like my captain's license and like Somalia, mm hmm, would I be good?
Speaker 3: I think it depends on like the certifications, the accreditation.
Speaker 1: They're probably only a credit pirates.
Speaker 2: You'd have an international boat, you'd have fishing guide. Corey America Okay, Brody has locked in his answer, Nate, what do you have?
Speaker 1: Then I got a whole.
Speaker 2: Okay, and uh, Corey, what do you have down?
Speaker 1: I put keel.
Speaker 2: Any input.
Speaker 4: I don't think either.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of I don't know, but I have no idea what the answers.
Speaker 1: I was thinking transom, but that's a lot of letters for one letter word. Bow that's three boats. Hole is down there.
Speaker 2: This could be another center. Brody doesn't like his answer. Jabroni's are in disagreement.
Speaker 1: I can't tell if Spencer's giving us. What do you think, Trissa tiebreaker time?
Speaker 3: I've never heard of that word. I wouldn't trust me.
Speaker 2: He says hall, which he has crossed out.
Speaker 1: I prefer keel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you cross that out, So we'll go with Cory's.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have the Dabroni saying keel, and Brody says spar The correct answer is yoke. Nobuddy, got that one right.
Speaker 1: Brody for two, welcome the yo.
Speaker 2: Does that sound familiar now?
Speaker 1: A yoke?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Okay? The yoke provides structure to a canoe and is also used during portage. According to Arii, the ideal yoke is padded and has some contour that makes it easy to rest on your shoulders. The yoke question three, Let's see if we can get this one right. The topic is nature. This twenty seventeen hurricane, which caused catastrophic flooding in Texas, is the second costliest hurricane in American history.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you can keep track all these hurricanes, No kidding, I just don't.
Speaker 2: Well, it was the second costliest hurricane in American history.
Speaker 1: So maybe just remember two of them and you'd know this.
Speaker 2: One, this twenty seventeen hurricane, which caused catastrophic flooding in Texas, is the second costliest hurricane in American history.
Speaker 1: Could you give us the letter?
Speaker 2: Not giving you any hints?
Speaker 1: It seemed like you were pretty confident. No second ago I started writing down hurricanes?
Speaker 2: Is your answer? Locked in?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I have no idea.
Speaker 2: You can now discuss what you think it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not Katrina, because that was that was New Orleans. Yeah, I mean it's probably affected Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not. It was like early. Look at you two got the same. That's a great guess. I remember my brother in law went down to Houston to try and help out with Hurricane Helene. Couldn't tell you the name. Sounds good, though, that's my best guess. Yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 2: Trina, Gibroni's locking in Withthleen. All right, go ahead and reveal your answers here the Gibroni saying Helene, and Broni says Irene. I thought that was the correct answer is Hurricane Harvey. We are this has never happened before. Based on twenty twenty four adjusted costs, Hurricane Harvey caused one hundred sixty billion in damage, which is second only to Katrina at two hundred and one billion. Harvey is followed by twenty twenty two's Hurricane Iron. Did I put that? That must be wrong Ian at one hundred nineteen billion, twenty seventeen's Hurricane Maria at one hundred and fifteen billion, in twenty twelve's Hurricane Sandy at eighty nine million.
Speaker 1: Sandy was there on thinking that was up in New York Jersey.
Speaker 2: Question four, let's try cooking. Hey, this two word Spanish term roughly translates to grilled meat. Brody looks confident for the first time this game. This two word Spanish term roughly translates to quote grilled meat. All right, Jabroni's Brody's answer is locked in. What do you think it is?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I know, that's one word. It's just what came to mind. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wrote it down on the last one. It was Hurricane Ian that was third place at one hundred and nineteen billion. From twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: I think it's gotta be that. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: What are you deciding between.
Speaker 5: Jabroni's carne asada and Barberico no carne asada?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, locked in? Go ahead and reveal your answers with the Jabroni saying carne asada and Brody saying carne asada. They got it, Hey, The correct answer is carne asada. Carne Asada is typically made with skirt, steak, or flank stick, but any cut of meat can be used. It's usually marinated and then charret over a very hot grill. For a deer inspired version, check out Maggie Hudlow's recipe on the meadeater dot com called Venison carne Asada. Question five, The topic is cooking. This next great question is via Kyle Schwalby.
Speaker 6: You mean hunting? I thank you said hunting.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. The topic is hunting For question five. Primary arms defines this word as quote in an optical phenomenon in which an object appears to shift in position when viewed from different angles. Primary arms defines this word as an optical phenomenon in which an object appears to shift in position viewed from different angles. All right, Brody has locked in his answer. He looks like he knows it, and now Nate has shown his board to Tresa. Tresa wrote down illusion. Nate wrote down parallax. What are we going with Jabroni's.
Speaker 1: It's the only optical issue thing I know of?
Speaker 6: Agreed?
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have the Jabbronis and Brody saying parallax. They got it. The correct answer is parallax. The spelling on that is p A r A l l a X.
Speaker 1: I got the spelling right there, dude. You said parallax.
Speaker 2: Par When you move your eyes or heads position while looking through a scope at a target, when not accounted for, it can create misshots. To see what it can mean for accuracy, go watch our video on the meat Eater Clips YouTube channel called does parallax adjustment matter? All right, Phil, We're halfway through the game of trivia of Jibbroni. Brody give us a scoreboard up today.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a close game, we can say that about it. We got Brody with two points and the Jabbroni's.
Speaker 1: With two points.
Speaker 2: They're on the same path right now. Started zero for three and then got the next two right. Question six, the topic is wildlife. Who runs the website all about birds dot org? Brody confident again? Who runs the website all about birds dot org? Brody has put his wife. She's locked in his answer. All right, Jabebroni's discuss what you think it could be.
Speaker 4: I can't change.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, they haven't said anything yet. You could You could well give you another minute. They haven't said anything yet. Who runs the website all about birds dot org? Will give you a chance, you're Brody? No, I wrote it down. Let's keep it okay. Brody's gonna stick with his answer, even though he's having second thoughts. I'm having big what do you think he could be?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 5: I said the Audubon Society smelled incorrectly Coronell?
Speaker 2: Now Cornell, isn't that they do that?
Speaker 3: They?
Speaker 1: I think it's the same thing. I don't know who runs the website? I meant, amazing it's a dot org, which I think both of our little about birds. Oh it's one of these two.
Speaker 2: And this is question six. Skippers may have to be the tiebreaker. Here we have Nate saying.
Speaker 1: You're literally a captain. We're calling that wordy saying.
Speaker 3: That captain is a much higher Really, yeah, my dad would be disappointed.
Speaker 1: He's in the navy.
Speaker 2: Are not very passionate though about their answers.
Speaker 1: I have zero idea. Dude, it's a coin toss, you answer, I don't like mine. It's coin toss.
Speaker 4: At some point, you guys got to stand up and.
Speaker 2: We got to clip a coin. Don't want to flip a coin before we could pause the show and you two could wrestle over it.
Speaker 6: We would not pause that.
Speaker 1: We'd break a lot of stuff. I haven't. I haven't wrestled someone too many, too many months. Man, All about Birds?
Speaker 2: Who runs the website All about birds dot org?
Speaker 3: Did you have you seen the movie The Big Year?
Speaker 1: Not that when they go find a bunch of birds?
Speaker 3: It's really good.
Speaker 1: I just watched it.
Speaker 6: It looks like it's like Jack Blacks, Steve Martin Wilson.
Speaker 1: That's a great cast.
Speaker 6: I've never seen it. It looks charming.
Speaker 1: Due, I don't know. You just got to pick one.
Speaker 2: Skipper, Tresa, what are you gonna go with? Oh about? She's determined? So what what what do you want?
Speaker 1: Heads?
Speaker 2: It's tails corner Tales means they're going with Nates Brody.
Speaker 1: Just fist fist pumped the air.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, they said they're going with Nates. Nates was tails right now, okay.
Speaker 4: Just before I flip mine. I think Corey's right.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have the is going with Cornell and Brody's going with Cornell. Come on, Coin, the correct answer is the Cornell Lab. Let's got it right.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Most of my best decisions.
Speaker 2: All about birds. Dot Org is an online guide to birds and bird watching, and often one of the first results when you google a type of bird. Cornell Lab is also who owns the Merlin bird app that can id birds by their sound. Question seven, the topic is hunting. What six letter insect in meggot form is sometimes found in the navel passage of deer. Oh, everyone's confident in this one. Brody's answers locked in.
Speaker 4: If you never if you've never seen this cutting the deer open, it is discussed.
Speaker 2: There's nothing like videos letter insect and maggot form is sometimes found in the naval passage of deer. We have Cory and Nate in agreement this time on botfly. Go ahead and reveal your answers. Did your Broni's and Brody say, buttfly, they got it. The correct answer is botfly. Have you seen this in person?
Speaker 4: Well on one mule one only one say they see them all the time down Mexico and those coups deer. But and this was in like November, and they're way I was cutting the thing's head off. They're way down in its throat, big squirmy.
Speaker 2: What state were you in?
Speaker 4: Colorado? The only time I've ever seen it.
Speaker 2: Butterflies will spray eggs onto a deer's face. The deer will then transfer the eggs to their nasal passage by licking their nose. The flies stay there and grow into large maggots until they fall out and finish maturing on the ground. Biologists say botflies are harmless to deer and do not affect the vedicon. I've never seen in person, but it looks wildly uncomfortable, like you'd think that the deer. It's not gonna make them dead, but they'd want to be dead just feeling those eggs.
Speaker 4: You can have those things squirming around your throat, your nose all day long.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you think that's worse. Or the parasite that replaces the tongue.
Speaker 2: Oh, that one on fish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think fish give a shit about I don't you know?
Speaker 2: They barely have a brain.
Speaker 1: They don't have eyelashes.
Speaker 2: Question eight. The topic is conservation. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Austin White for sending this great question, and Austin is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win the listener Question of the Week and send your question to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. All right, this is an audio question. Phil is going to play you Smokey Bears catchphrase that was used in public service announcements from two thousand and eight to twenty twenty three. You need to tell me who the Oscar nominated actor is. That's voicing smokey. Take it away, Phil, Only you can prevent wildfires. Oh oh okay, give it to us a few more times there film give everyone a good chance to soak that in.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's now.
Speaker 2: Is that our ex colleague Austin White?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know. I'm not sure. Oh he's cracking, dude. Oh no, only you can prevent wildfire. I bet he can see his face, but he can't remember his name.
Speaker 4: I got an answer written out.
Speaker 2: I will check it. Okay, Brody has his answer locked in. Nate and Corey, what do you think it is?
Speaker 1: Sam Elliott?
Speaker 2: Yep, they are going with Sam Elliott. Oh, you guys weren't done yet, and Brody say, Sam Elliott, they got it. The correct answer is Sam Elliott. Was that almost not going to come to you?
Speaker 1: Brody?
Speaker 4: No, No, I knew, but I just want to listen one more time.
Speaker 2: For fifteen years, Sam Elliott delivered Smokey's famous line in forest service commercials, only you can prevent wildfires. Coincidentally, he was born the same day that Smokey was created. Others who have voiced smoking include Stephen Colbert, Jeff Foxworthy, Betty White, and Al Roker.
Speaker 4: I think Sam's the best choice.
Speaker 1: That you watch Parks and Rec.
Speaker 2: No, that's your familiarity with Sam Elliott. Yeah, what are you doing Parks and Rec?
Speaker 1: He was like the antithesister Ron Swanson.
Speaker 6: Yeah he was. He worked for like a neighboring city's Parks and Wreck.
Speaker 1: Department, like the nice Party. Sam Elliott.
Speaker 4: He's been around a long time and his best role ever is as Patrick Swayzey's sidekick in the original Roadhouse.
Speaker 2: Way Man, The Big Lebowski, Phil, what's your I mean?
Speaker 6: My first is the Big Lebowskets I think of first. But he was also really good, I mean for a recent role in the Bradley Cooper star Is Born movie.
Speaker 2: That's what he got his Oscar nomination for. He did not win. He was for Supporting Actor. All right, Phil, we got two questions left. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, h.
Speaker 6: Brody and the Jabroni's have all gotten the same questions right and the same questions wrong. So they are tied up still, but now they have five points apiece.
Speaker 2: Okay, two questions left.
Speaker 1: This is way more fun without Randall.
Speaker 2: Nine. The topic is fishing, and this next great question is via Joe Chaddick. This river, which is named after a country, is the longest tributary to the Arkansas River. This river, which is named after a country, is the longest tributary to the Arkansas River. Brody looks stumped. Nargea Brownie's looks stumped.
Speaker 1: I got an answer, but it's just.
Speaker 2: Now you come up with an answer course, so you guys can fight.
Speaker 1: I'm not great in the South Arkansas. Well.
Speaker 2: This river, which is after a country is the longest tributary to the Arkansas River. Our four players did not look optimistic. Anybody in here ever been on the Arkansas River. I'm sure Brody has, yeah, the upper part of it, looking for its longest tributary, which is named after country. Corey is looking at a map in his head. Nate wrote down an answer immediately and has not revised it, so we must like what he has.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking through all the countries and seeing if it kind of flows off my tongue.
Speaker 2: Nate, probably the most well traveled player here today. How many countries have you been?
Speaker 1: Anything? Oh, twenty probably close higher lower, lower, like fifteen.
Speaker 2: Probably this river, which is named after a country, is the longest tributary to the Arkansas River. And this is question nine.
Speaker 1: But world traveler Tresa boat captain, extraordinary Grecian skipper.
Speaker 2: You got more or less countries than twenty?
Speaker 1: Tresa?
Speaker 3: Probably between fifteen and twenty.
Speaker 1: I was so when I I had to get rid of my official passport and all my stamps gone. This you had to get rid of it, Yeah, like when you're out here, like.
Speaker 2: Brody looks stumped. He has his whiteboard pressed against his temple, it's more.
Speaker 1: A geography question. There are fishing.
Speaker 2: Calling it fishing. This river which is named after a country, it's the longest river to the Arkansas River.
Speaker 1: Not going to give you any hints, good question.
Speaker 2: Phil had to go get himself a cord before we started recording it. What cord did you need?
Speaker 6: Oh? For the hard drive that I record the video onto.
Speaker 1: You know what? This brings up a question I've had. I feel like when when the heavyweights, the Nondra Brownies are a little stumped, you give them a lot more time than the rivers. I've never heard of any of these. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Some countries exist.
Speaker 1: I was really hoping you were bringing it closer to home. No, no, no, no, no no, I just I can't imagine, Like I don't know the Mongolian River feeding. I don't even.
Speaker 2: Maybe this river, which is named after the country, is the longest tributary. How you feeling about your process over there? Okay, he's now picking his ANSWER's answer is locked in Gibroni's what are you thinking? All right?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking I'm thinking countries like the people they fling from. So just just say them, Sam and see what feels right. None of them.
Speaker 5: We didn't say, Okay, the French River, the Spanish River, the Canadian River, the Portuguese River.
Speaker 1: I think Canadian and Spanish sound the best out of that man. That's what I got.
Speaker 2: This river, which is named after for your country, is the longest tributary to the Arkansas River.
Speaker 1: Spencer was laughing, like with real laughter, like real mirth in his eyes, which makes me think none of these are right.
Speaker 2: It's because Brody said, oh wait.
Speaker 1: Too late, got into my head. I'd go Canadian.
Speaker 2: That's does anybody have a gun around here?
Speaker 1: Not too far away?
Speaker 6: Nate?
Speaker 2: What are your four choices again?
Speaker 1: French, Spanish and Portuguese?
Speaker 2: Skipper trest, what do you think?
Speaker 6: Do we have a four sided coin?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Give me that twenty.
Speaker 3: I have my bag of dice here, Germany, Corey, I'll let you decide this one.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, send it off to her, Lieutenant her? What her? What's the second in command?
Speaker 3: Guy?
Speaker 2: Skipper?
Speaker 3: Skipper?
Speaker 6: What does a boson do's?
Speaker 1: Mate? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's go Canadian, Yeah, dude, let's do it.
Speaker 6: That's what I got.
Speaker 2: And I'm saying the Canadian River and Brody is saying the Canadian River. It crossed out? Would you cross out?
Speaker 4: I was, there's a Mexico, but it's a different I was trying to think of something.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is the Canadian River. Done okay. At nine hundred and six miles long, the Canadian River is the thirteenth longest river in America. It flows through Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma. The French explorers who named it in eighteen twenty thought it flowed northward into Canada. So there you good, good reason.
Speaker 4: I've been on the Canadian River. I have a hard time picture and how it's a tributary of the Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Not only is it the longest tributary, it's the thirteenth longest river in the USA.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know it was a real river.
Speaker 2: All right, here's a correct answer review so far. One was US Forest Service to Yoke three, Hurricane Harvey four, carne Asada five, Parallax six, Cornell Lab seven, Buttfly eight, sam Elliot nine Canadian River. Going into question ten, we have the Jabronis and Brody time up with six points each.
Speaker 1: Hot dog.
Speaker 2: Here's question ten. The topic is cooking. Tasting Table declared this the worst tasting salmon, which goes by the nickname dog salmon.
Speaker 1: Yo, this is still a fishing question.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brody very quickly locked in, So now our three Jabbronis will have a chance to discuss. Tasting Table declared this the worst tasting salmon, which goes by the nickname dog salmon. Go ahead, Ja Bronis, you can discuss aloud what you think it is.
Speaker 1: See that's what I guess. Was it a chinook king salmon or is it a silver salmon? Them? Yeah, there's cocone salmon.
Speaker 2: Tasting Table declared this the worst tasting salmon. Coach goes by the nickname of dogs Coke Canny, and Brody was annoyed that this was too easy and now he's amused. Yeah, you guys are arguing.
Speaker 1: Dude, See this is a you you even you even cloaked the fishing question in the guys of cooking.
Speaker 2: Tasting Table declared this the worst tasting salmon, which goes by the nickname dog salmon.
Speaker 1: Dogs.
Speaker 6: My two boys are are split on how they enjoy salmon. One of them hates it, the other one loves it, and one the one that hated it, asked the one who loved it, why do you like it so much, and the one who loves it says because it tastes like salty dog food.
Speaker 1: An endorsing.
Speaker 6: No, just salmon in general. You know, he was only six years old. But salty, that's why he likes it.
Speaker 1: I've had SoC salmon from Costco. Doesn't taste as good as the other salmon, the farm raised stuff, it's all good.
Speaker 5: The worst tasting salmon it is, obviously relatively.
Speaker 1: I just got a hint though, because he's all up in arms and the sun.
Speaker 4: Like if you think wild sakeye, salmon does not.
Speaker 1: Taste as good. Salmon is the only you're gonna get. Okay, Well, there you go more evidence.
Speaker 4: I don't like that gross farm raised stuff that's like diseased and fed dog food and grown in a pen.
Speaker 2: That's modern.
Speaker 4: So what's what's.
Speaker 1: Worse than that? What salmon's worse than that?
Speaker 2: The farm raised it gets tasting. I don't think this the worst salmon goes by the nickname.
Speaker 1: I probably wouldn't put that.
Speaker 6: Then Corey Corey wrote down Cocainy for the audio.
Speaker 2: Nate, what do you have brought down there?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: I just salmon that I know, chook sake, coked coke. You don't even have don't even have it on my board. See, so we know it's Brody.
Speaker 2: Brody's in a good mood.
Speaker 1: What other Sam?
Speaker 2: The game is still.
Speaker 1: Brother, This is your spot since that first question, yamin.
Speaker 2: The worst salmon out there like that?
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I know it's not chinnooks, sake or cocony thanks to Brodie.
Speaker 4: All right, this is the most expensive by well king and then sake is the most expensive.
Speaker 2: He's really in a good mood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, keep the conversation going.
Speaker 2: They're narrowing in. What are we going to go with you?
Speaker 1: What's on top of Atlantic? Could be? You said silver. I don't know what that is. That's a nickname one of them, which one? We don't have too many of them in Montana. We have this one in Montana.
Speaker 2: And there's some what chinooks and we're packed.
Speaker 1: I don't they're pretty good, you guys choose, I mean you.
Speaker 5: Never seen they look like dogs.
Speaker 1: Well it's not that one, he said, it's not on my board, really he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cocony is a landlocked version of a soak.
Speaker 1: Oh see, man just throwing bones left and erace this man.
Speaker 2: You're gonna tell you the answer here. If we drag this out, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't think anything, they could talk all day there it's Atlantic because he's still talking to Tras. He's trying to mess this up now, nasty. Any other salmon's out there, any of all?
Speaker 2: Dude, Hello, what you're thinking?
Speaker 1: Skipper? Please? Please?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna write Atlantic.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if that's a real it is, it's better than what I got.
Speaker 2: Go go ahead and reveal your answers with the BRONI sang Atlantic and Brody saying chum, Brody got it? The correct answer is the chump salmon or the keda salmon or the silver bright silver we would because silver is more of a If you just said silver, that'd be what a coho. So again, it's the chum, the keta or a silver keita.
Speaker 4: And silver bright is like one of those marketing names for this.
Speaker 2: Have you had a chump salmon before, Brody? I have? What'd you think of it?
Speaker 4: It's not great? But when they like the problem with them is they're already turning when most people catch them. They start turning before they even go into fresh water. And I think when they're caught out way out in the salt they're they're pretty good like when when they're silver.
Speaker 2: The dog salmon nickname is because their teeth resemble canine teeth and because it was common food for dog sled teams. Taste of Home recommends using preservation cooking on chumps sam in, such as smoking, canning, pickling, or salt keyring. Despite the less desirable meat, their row is prized for its bright color and briny flavor. All right, Brody wins with seven correct answer pulled it out at the last second. Brody, what are you gonna do with your five hundred dollars donation?
Speaker 4: Well, since they're they're ascending that roadless rule in national forests, which are the headwaters of a lot of rivers, and you just joined American Rivers, will donate it to America.
Speaker 2: There we go. When I went to their website to join, that was one of their top priorities was I'm talking about the roadless rule and how that will affect American waterways. Five hundred dollars going to them. Well done, Brody, the first to defeat a team of Jabbroni's and we threw some heavy hitters at you today. Done, I join us next week for more meat. Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. Yeah, Spencer from South Dakota, here's the whole.
Speaker 4: Using those smooth, mellow tones, he lays them questions down, and.
Speaker 1: He likes taking those two and three year old bucks.
Speaker 4: And he's an avid amateur lockhouse