Speaker 1: To teas in a pod which Teddy Mellencamp and Camra Judge. Hi, guys, welcome back to another episode of The twat Sea. Today we have Tiffany Moon, a mother, a wife, entrepreneur, and a pseudiologist, a TV personality, and we are going to get into everything with her, including her new book. Well hello, hello, hi, Hi, I am tired. I will you look amazing? So I just want to really get into it with you. What is new? Tell me everything?
Speaker 2: Mostly right now? Where knee deep in book launch mode?
Speaker 1: Yes, I saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Joy Prescriptions May sixth. It's a memoir. It took me almost two and a half years to write, so really a labor of love. It's basically a memoir with like a self help message and there's a chapter about real housewives in there because people always want the tea on that of course.
Speaker 1: So do you miss the show? Do you miss it? Or you're like, girl, No, no much drama.
Speaker 2: It's too much drama, which I should have known before I started, but I was really naive, and I really thought that it was going to be fun and I was going to make all these new girlfriends and it just wasn't.
Speaker 1: That Usually isn't. I'm not usually, isn't.
Speaker 2: I look at some of the ladies on the other franchises though, like Yours and Beverly Hills and Miami, and I just I always think to myself, like, if I could have been on a different franchise, like things could have turned out differently. I just didn't really gel with the Dallas ladies.
Speaker 1: It all depends on the cast, for sure, right absolutely. Now, who out of the ladies do you still talk to?
Speaker 2: Just Deandra? Really?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really? So no one else.
Speaker 2: I never really got close to anyone else.
Speaker 1: So you did you know them prior to filming? Oh so it's not like you guys were like these great friends that you're like, no kind of falling out with or something.
Speaker 2: No, Like I was literally like thrown in there as the single newbie and you know, like think or swim kind of situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, your book, Joy Prescription is coming out May six. Now you talk about how you learned to not be a perfectionist and live your life. How do you do that? I need advice.
Speaker 2: I think when you grow up with the mentality that like you have to get straight a's and everything has to be perfect, it just doesn't leave very room much room for like exploration or creativity. Right, Like, if you have a fixed mindset and you think, oh, I can't learn new skills or I don't want to embarrass myself, then you will never put yourself out there, even in terms of like starting a business or being on social media. Like I had to give up this pretense of trying to be perfect or else I would have never done those things.
Speaker 1: Now you're a big presence on TikTok, Like I love watching your tiktoks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. I just started that in twenty twenty because of the pandemic and I was bored, Like I never thought that it would surmount to anything.
Speaker 1: Well it does now. Now. Do you feel like becoming a mom has changed your perspective on life?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think becoming a mother taught me a lot about patience and a lot about, you know, letting things go, like learning to pick your battles and not harp on every single little thing, and to sort of like, you know, enjoy the moments for what they are instead of trying to make them picture perfect. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're a little bit of an overachiever. I really do. You are right? Yeah, all the things. You can't sit down, can you?
Speaker 2: I can't. It's just it's not in my nature.
Speaker 1: You're quite the entrepreneur, so are you. I try, I really do, and I listen to you talk and I thought, God, there's so much more that I could do, because you know you do. I don't think you're like this, but you get to a point where you're like, yeah, this business is doing well. Yes I have a podcast, and you're like, I'm comfortable. But I think you're the one that's like, what's next? What can I take next?
Speaker 2: I think when you're comfortable, then you're generally not growing right, You're stressing the system. And so every time I get comfortable, you know, I became a doctor. That was very difficult residency. I'm learning so much, But then after doing it for like seven eight years, you pretty much have a handle on things, you know, and I'm like, Okay, I need something else to like stimulate me, something else to learn, something else to be challenged by, because I just I feel like if you're acclimated to what you're doing, you're not learning anything new.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm not sure that you covered this, but what do you think somebody can do? Just start living their more authentic self.
Speaker 2: I think people need to stop carrying so much what other people think. I think our society cares way too much. I think social media is large lead to blame for that, because everyone has their you know, best face forward on their feed, so when you're looking, it seems like everyone's living this great, fabulous life, when in fact they're not, or perhaps not, but they're just putting out the best parts of it for you to see.
Speaker 1: So I think I always say it's like your filtered life.
Speaker 2: Yes, I always say it's like their greatest hits, you know, and you can't compare your every day to somebody else's greatest hits. So I think people need to stop the cycle of like compare and despair, always looking at somebody else and feeling like you're not good enough, or someone else's business is farther along than you like. It's just it's a zero sum game to constantly compare yourself to other people because somebody's always going to be doing better, And I just don't think that should be what motivates you to move forward, you know.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. Now, what are your thoughts on social media? Just the hate and the stuff that goes on.
Speaker 2: So you're fighting behind this screen name that has like a picture of a dog or like a Bible verse and just out there.
Speaker 1: That's so funny that you say that it's always an animal and a Bible verse. Yes, And I'm like, oh, and I love my grandchildren right right.
Speaker 2: And they're like, you need to go back to China. And I'm like, oh my god. Like it's just people take social media way too seriously, like it's not meant to be your actual life. It's just supposed to kind of, you know, be something that we truck, you know. But people like live and die on social media and I'm like, you need to go outside and touch some grass, or like you need to be in the real world and get off of Twitter because this is not good for your mental health. But when you ask about the haters and stuff, when I first became like well known, right when you know, Real Housewives of Dallas was showing, and by then I had a couple hundred thousand social media followers, I used to take those really mean comments to heart, Like I would cry because someone called me ugly or said my voice was so annoying, Like why do you talk like that? Do you think you're a Kardashian, and I'm like, I don't know why I talk like this, Okay, Like this is just how I learn English and this is how I sound.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't see that comparison to the Kardashian. Yeah, I feel like they draw fry.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's well, I don't know, Like I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: You're not like that, I hope not. I mean, I speak professionally on stages, like people pay me to give keynotes and stuff, so I hope that my voice isn't that annoying. But I just I think those people always have something to pick on, you know, because they're such miserable human beings that they actually, you know, get pleasure from trying to bring you down, Like, oh, how dare you be a smart, successful woman who's confident and knows her value, knows her place in this world? Like how dare she be so content and happy? I'm going to say something to try to knock her down a notch, And I just think that's a terrible, terrible way to live. So now, you know, a lot of times, now that I have a social media manager, I don't even see a lot of those comments because I think she to them before me and blocks people, but I gave her free range. I was like, look, if someone comes on my page like social media, my page is my house. If you want to come in and misbehave, you will get kicked out. You will get picked immediately. And like I don't want to hear anything about it, you know what I mean? Like, this is my space. You come into my space, act in a fool, I'll kick you out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as you should.
Speaker 1: I learned that you were asked to join the Real Housewives of Dallas in season four and you declined yeah, and then what changed your mind to accept season five?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's kind of like a guy that keeps asking you out and you're kind of like, I don't know, and then he asked you out the third time and you're like, fine, buy me dinner or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I didn't even when I was trying out for season five. First we had a zoom interview, then they flew me out to LA. I didn't actually think I was going to get picked, honestly, because I'm not like super glam. I was working full time as an academic anesthesiologist with twin toddlers, and I kept saying during my interviews, like, thank you for this opportunity, but I'm not sure I can commit to doing the show, like it's kind of a lot. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I always thought about, like even Nicole on Miami, Yeah, yeah, she was, she's an anesthesiologist, And I'm like, you guys work like these long shifts, and like, how do you find it would be hard to film a show like Housewives? Is it so demanding and actually have a job where you go and spend hours at a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it was rough. I was working full time while filming, and so for dinner parties, I told production, I was like, I have a heart out at ten pm because I generally wake up at like five thirty six and I have to be in the hospital by like six forty five.
Speaker 1: Now you're a response well for keeping people alive.
Speaker 2: Right, And so I told production, I was like, I have a two drink maximum and a ten pm cut off on weekdays where I have to go to work the next morning. And production was cool with it. They were like very respectful of it, while my castmates were not, and they were like egging me to drink more, calling me boring, making.
Speaker 1: Any of them have jobs. No girl, No, Well, I know Carrie is a works with her husband. But the other girl is like, do they any of them?
Speaker 2: Harry was not working? Oh Carrie Duber, Carry Duber wasn't on my season.
Speaker 1: She oh, she wasn't.
Speaker 2: And after so Carrie Duber and I never filmed together.
Speaker 1: I think she would understand because I know that she works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even I mean, she's an injector for her husband's plastic surgery practice, do you know what I mean. I'm not downplaying that. I think she probably does great work, but like if she can't take patients or has to move them to past eleven am or something, it's fine. Like I have to be in the operating room at like six forty five, and I'm putting it's a sleep like being.
Speaker 1: It's a very demanding career.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure, I can't dial it in and be like, oh, I was out late last night, like you know what I mean. Like, I also knew that my work was not entirely supportive of my being on the show, and so I was under a microscope at work, so that if I came in late or wasn't on my A game, they'd be like, oh, it's cause she's filming for Housewives, you know what I mean. Like I knew that they were watching me very closely, so I was like sure to you know, go there early, like never take a long lunch break, like on my best behavior, because I knew they were looking for me to make a mistake so they could be like, oh, this is why we didn't want you to do the show. You know that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I could you imagine like if you were like drunk and sloppy and messy and all the things I am on the show, and then you go the next morning and you're like, Hi, I'm Tiffany, I am you're anesthesiologist, and they're like, no, uh uh this thing, this girl, I'm putting me to sleep right right. It would have had your career.
Speaker 2: No, I told them, I told production, and I told my work my hospital job will be my number one priority. Filming will not get in the way of it. And all the ladies like made fun of me because I had this alarm that would go off on my phone at like nine thirty so that production could call an uber for me to get back home and they'd be like, oh, her alarm's going off again. Tiffy's alarms going off again. So the ladies like made so much fun of me.
Speaker 1: Were you ever able to explain this? Like I have like tell them, like I have a job.
Speaker 2: I mean, it shouldn't be that hard to explain.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I agree, it's.
Speaker 2: It's not a complicated concept.
Speaker 1: So do you do you think that you would do another reality show or you're like no.
Speaker 2: You know, if you had asked me, like right after Dallas got put on hiatus, I was like, hell no, I don't want anything to do with it. It's so toxic. But it's been like four years, and I think a lot in my life has changed, so now I think I'm like warming up to it again. Maybe, like if they were to reboot Dallas, especially if there were like almost all new people and I didn't have to film with the old people that I didn't get along with, or if there was another show that wasn't Housewives. Somebody told me that I should go on Traders.
Speaker 1: Oh I was going to ask you about that. I mean, the only thing about that that's like a month long commitment. So you would I know, you you have kids and you have a full time job, Like could you get away for a month.
Speaker 2: If I knew ahead of time, I could like smack orientation. Yeah. Yeah, it's like the planning, you know, like our vacation schedules are scheduled out six months in advance, so I would need to know like, okay, these three weeks, like I really need off because they film in Scotland, right, Yes, did you have fun?
Speaker 1: No? Oh, now it's a long story. I got really sick. As soon as I arrived. I got COVID so bad, like I thought I was going to be on a respirator.
Speaker 2: But then once you felt better and you actually started doing the game show, like was it fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the time I started to feel well, they put me on some really strong antibiotics. And I have intestinal issues. I've had surgery, and I started getting really bad pains in between my rib cage, and that's the pains I had from other intestinal problems, so I knew something was going on. I got Thank god, I actually got murdered as soon as I started to feel like the COVID stuff go away. And then by the time I got home, I was in the hospital. I got Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you didn't have like the full experience, really.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I did not have the full experience like I had. So I was at the hospitalized because the antibiotics they gave me over so strong that they put inflammation in my intestines and it was just horrible. So I had that whole thing down my nose. Yes, it's so funny. They told me. They're like, I'm so sorry I have to do this. This is horrible. I hate doing this to people. I just sat there and they did it, and they're like, what, I've never seen this happen before, Like people gag, people.
Speaker 2: Are gagging, jagging, pull it out. Yeah, And I was just.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm a freak. I'm a freak. What if your your kid said, hey, mom, I want to be on a reality show, would you say.
Speaker 2: I mean, it depends on which show. I think reality TV is not all bad, you know. I think there's a lot of good things. Certainly. I'm grateful to have been given the opportunity, you know, as a super big dork doctor, to have become a real housewife like I. It's been a really great experience for me. I just I just wish like it didn't have to get so toxic, because, you know, one of my castmates and her family because like you know, the husbands get involved, and the brother in law got involved. I was like, Jesus, it's husband's It's so icky when like that is it? Yeah's sock. My husband does not get involved, girl mine does not either. He would like do his little husbandly parts that he had to do his scenes, and then he's like I'm out of here, you know, right. So one of my castmates, her husband and his brother got involved and like tried to come after my job at the university that I've worked at for like over a decade, like tried to get me fired from the hospital. And I was like, are you fucking kidding me? Like it's a reality TV show, Like we were fighting over chicken feet. It's like the stupidest shit ever. But like for you to actually come after my job, my career, like everything I've ever worked hard for. But I guess I don't expect them to understand, you know. That's what put like a really bad taste in my mouth at the end of the show, because I thought that we would just have like little girl fights and then like make up at that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the way it should be. It should be kind complex resolution. But when they start doing things like that where they you know, contact like either your sponsors or your business or you know, try to get you fired. That's where those people should be fired. I don't care who you are on a cat, you know, on the cast, if you're popular, if you're a whatever, if you're doing things like that off camera, you should be gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then you know, I had to get lawyers involved, you know, because they're coming after my job.
Speaker 1: I feel you girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then Bravo got involved and Bravo actually posted a statement like backing me up.
Speaker 1: So I felt like that that was good that they did. That was good, Yeah, because I feel like if they start getting rid of people that do stuff like that, then it's going to put a big statement out there, but they're not going to put up with it, right Yeah. Yeah, Well, if they brought Dallas back tomorrow, would you sign on?
Speaker 2: It depends on who else cast is gone. Don't you think like if it was a women who you know, worked and had businesses and knew what it was like to function in the world, versus you know, being like, you know, bragging that they have never paid a bill in their lives. Like, I just can't get along with women like that. As much as I've done and everything that I promote about uplifting and empowering women, Like I just it's not nineteen sixty, you know. Can we Dallas so diverse? Surely they can find a group of diverse women to actually be on the show. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I do believe that that was Dallas's problem. It's all in the casting. Yeah, so if the casting doesn't mesh, then that's just it shows. Yeah, And I was shocked that they just completely do you have you heard anything about it ever coming back?
Speaker 3: Is there? Oh?
Speaker 2: Once in a while, I'll get post, I'll get tagged on a post or something that there's like a rumor that it's coming back, And I'm like, that's news to me. Ain't nobody called me? I have no idea. But I'm also not over here holding my breath for it, you know what I mean. I'm moving about my regularly scheduled programming. But I think I think I would give it a try. Like it's so funny, like four years ago it would have been Hello. Then the year after that, like no, I don't think so. And it's like as the time, it's like childbirth, Oh my god, you like forgot how terrible it was, Yes, the baby, and you're like, oh, it's so cute, like maybe I could. It's like our brain, uh like protects us.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit of a drug kind of like it's like you get a high from it and it's exciting and then it's scary, and then you don't want to do it anymore, and then you do want to do it. It's crazy, it really is.
Speaker 2: It is. And I will say the time when I was on Housewives, not filming, but when it was airing on TV, I was so self centered. I was like checking what people were saying in the comments and all this, and it like makes you be so self centered, whereas normally I'm not out there like looking to see what people in the world are saying about that.
Speaker 1: But you need and I think all newbies need to understand this, and this is something and social media wasn't huge when I started seventeen years ago, so I mean we had MySpace. Is that the newbies tend to get consumed with what's on social media and then they start self producing themselves or start talking back to the negative people, trying to change their mind and getting up obessed with that than talking to bloggers trying to get them to do stories like positive stories and all that stuff, and none of that stuff pans out. It does, like just you, but it's a learning process. Nobody, nobody in normal life deals with this until suddenly you're on a reality show and you're like, holy shit, I'm getting attacked. I'm getting this, I'm getting that, Like what do I do? And you try to, you know, protect yourself, and it it doesn't work out. So you have to learn to just it is what it is. And people are gonna say what they're gonna say. Does it hurt? Yeah, it hurts, but you can also think of it like who are they? Like what kind of person does this? When was the last Yeah, yeah that was the last time I got on their car dashings you know, Instagram and started calling them names, and you should do this, like who does that?
Speaker 2: Really awful? People who need a job? Help, yeah, help help, Yeah, they need to find some joy in their lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you were on below deck. I just found this out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The below deck thing was just like not even I don't know, like I didn't go on the yacht to go on below deck, Like I wanted to experience what it was like to you know, be on a yacht for several days. And I generally don't ever do cruises because I get really sea sick, so I was hesitant about going on the yacht. But it was in our one filmed in Abiza, which I was told is pronounced ibitha.
Speaker 1: And I was like, well, that's weird. I don't know that either.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, oh, I've been saying it wrong my whole life. And it was so much fun, but like, I don't I was on TV for like maybe two minutes out of that Below Deck episode. It's so weird. They shortened it. Instead. We had a one night charter, but it wasn't it was a two night charter. It was like very odd what they did with post production. But we weren't like a very rowdy bunch, like we went to sleep at a normal time, like no when you got drunk. Nobody was rude to the staff, and so we were like a pretty boring charter I think for a below Deck, which is probab probably why when it aired they're like, oh, the next charter is only here for one night. I was like, no, we were there for two. There's probably so boring they didn't have.
Speaker 1: But for a two night charter, you tipped twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I'm a big tipper.
Speaker 1: Okay, you made housewife history and below tack history. Were you trying to put the other charter guests to shame? Because that was a great tip for two nights.
Speaker 2: I actually don't know what a normal tip is. I had asked them, and they said, the normal amount of this charter for like the three days, two nights for six people would have been like one hundred ish thousand dollars, right, but we only paid like half of that, right, because you got a discounted rate because you're from a hollow deck or whatever. And I, you know, even when I get discounts, or I go to a restaurant and they give me appetizers or a round of drinks or whatever, I always tip on like the full price it would have been. And I generally tipped twenty five percent, like when I, you know, go get a facial massage, go out to eat, like that's my standard rate. And so I was like, if it's one hundred thousand dollars how much it would have been, then I'll just tip twenty five Like I didn't even think anything of it. And then later when the show aired, which was like, oh my god, we taped in We filmed in June of twenty twenty three, and I think the show aired like a year later. It was really long.
Speaker 1: What were people's response to the tip? Were people making a big deal about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were like, oh, this bitch only spent one night on the yacht, but tip twenty five thousand. I was like, first of all, it wasn't a one night, it was a regular length charter, and I didn't think that twenty five thousand dollars was a lot. Like I literally just tipped twenty five percent of what the cost of the trip would have been. And then everybody was like, oh okay. So some people were like, oh, that's great. She's so classy, like, you know, she respects service people and yeah, always like very polite. One of our guests was like a little bit rude to one of the service people, but actually not at all, Like our group was very well behaved. So some people were like, Oh, she's such a classy queen, you know, big tip or whatever, and then some people were like, oh, she's such a show off.
Speaker 1: And I'm like I was gonna have it. There, we have it.
Speaker 2: You can't wait. You know what I'm saying. You can't make everybody happy like you tip too little. They call you a cheap skate. Oh she must not be as rich as she wants us to think she is. You tip big? What you know? What I thought was actually just normal. And then some people think you're great, and some people think you're trying to show off, and I'm just like, and this is what it's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk Burken since we're talking money. You have quite the collection, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am. I have. I've been collected like forty what Well, okay, this is the thing. I got my first Burkin in two thousand and eight, so like now it's super trendy, like everyone wants one. There's so many fakes on the market. I see fakes all the time, like in the street, and I'm like, that's a fake. But I started in two thousand and eight, right, so almost twenty years ago, and I at first would get like two bags per year, But now I go to Paris and I have my home store, so I'm basically getting like four bags a year.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I won't be you now you did you talked about fake and you stirred up quite the social media when you you called out Marisol. You called out Marisol for having a fake bag, and social media went crazy.
Speaker 2: If you're filming for Housewives, like, maybe that's not the best time to bring out your fakes. You know. I'm sure she has some real ones, like use those or borrow one from a friend, but it's just I just feel like.
Speaker 1: It, or don't have one at all. Just don't have one at all, That's what I say. Like, We've had girls on our show that wear like total fake designer clothes and I've called them out. I'm like, just don't try to portray yourself as somebody, you know, because all when you're wearing logos everywhere, you're just showing people to me, it's like you're being flashy. Look at me. I have money all these things. But when you're wearing fake ones, that is that gives me the biggest eck. Yes, because if you can't afford it, don't buy fake ones. It doesn't make you look any better. But most people out there would never know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I can. I can spot a fake.
Speaker 1: Well, if you have the reil, you can spot a fake that's for sure. Yeah, people don't care.
Speaker 2: And it's just so sad, like no one cares, you know what I mean. Like if you're hanging out with people who are judging you by what handbag you carry, like you need new friends, Like I truly love the b Burkin as a timeless piece of craftsmanship, you know what I mean. But I also like all open bags, Like I like bags that are structured that when you sit them on the floor, like they don't flop. So I would never get like a go yard toad or like an lvy never fold. Not because I don't like those companies, but because I like my bag to sit up straight when I set it down, and I don't ever close it, like I like reaching in and getting stuff.
Speaker 1: How many bags overall do you think you have?
Speaker 2: Probably like a hundred? Nice.
Speaker 1: Is there anybody else out there that we should know that's carrying fake bags?
Speaker 2: Oh? So many. There's so many influencers that carry fake bags. No housewives that I know of, But there's this account on Instagram called the Fake Birkenslayer, And yeah, it's so funny. Somebody accused me of being the fake Birkenslayer and I was like, I'm so flattered, but I don't have that kind of time. And they basically post screenshots of people on Instagram who are with fake bags. It's a lot of influencers, you know, these influencers who like look a certain way, and they have heard that. They rent out this private jet that's grounded, but they take pictures inside the private jet to make it look like they're flying somewhere.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, stop doing that. You'll be better off if you just stop now. Your book comes out May six got in is there any place particular you want to direct them to?
Speaker 2: They can get it on Jason. They can also get it on Joyprescriptions dot com. And because pre orders are so important, we have over three hundred dollars worth of bonuses that they get if they get the book before May sixth.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations, I'm so happy for you. I'm glad that I finally got to meet you virtually.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to come visit you one of these days.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, come on out. Love to meet you, go to dinner, yes, bring all your bork in. So I'm just kidding. Anyways, thank you so much and have a great day. Thank you, Bye bye, Tiffany