Speaker 1: First order of business is to get started. In New York and.
Speaker 2: The federal sex trafficking and racketeering trial against Shawan didny Comb's defense Attorney's foot Combs picked back up with their coross examination of Cassie Ventura, the ex girlfriend. The judge determined today would be her last day on the stand, as Cassie is nine months pregnant and could go in the labor at any moment. She's considered the key witness in the trial who so far testified about physical abuse, Diddy's temper and her participation in freak offs, the drug fueled sex performances he orchestrated as well. Cassie's testimony is laying a critical foundation for both the prosecution and the defense.
Speaker 1: I'll get into that in a second.
Speaker 2: Today, she was asked about text messages exchanged between her incomes in the days after the infamous incontinental hotel beating in twenty sixteen that we all saw on video a few months ago. In the messages, Combs expressed desire to inc gage sexually with Ventura. On the course examination, Ventura confirmed she thought it was strange he would suggest something sexual after what happened at the hotel. Here's a portion of that text exchange. Combs wrote, quote I felt that way from Friday to day of the altercation.
Speaker 1: End quote.
Speaker 2: Cassie responded, quote, what are you doing? Not a good vibe? We need a different vibe than Friday.
Speaker 1: End quote.
Speaker 2: Did he respond it quote Friday, laugh out loud. I don't even want to do that again. End quote Cassie.
Speaker 1: Quote laugh out loud. True.
Speaker 2: And then the following messages, Combs referenced the card and told Ventura that he loved her. Cassie responded, quote, love you.
Speaker 1: End quote.
Speaker 2: Look y'all, these things can get complicated, yet can be very very simple, So let me try to simplify it as best as I possibly can.
Speaker 1: Number One, if you are.
Speaker 2: Diddy, your number one priority is to make sure you're not spending fifteen to the rest of your natural life in jail, fifteen years to the rest of your natural life in jail.
Speaker 1: For sex trafficking and racketeering. So what you're trying to do.
Speaker 2: Is show there's a significant level of consensual behavior taking place here to eradicate the notion that you're some sex trafficker or racketeerer.
Speaker 1: That's basically what you're trying to do.
Speaker 2: But in the process of doing that, he's further incriminating himself. His defense team, that is, because they're fully acknowledging that what we've seen on video already and what she's elaborated on extensively was a history of physical violence against her that included black eye and urination and all of this other stuff. They're essentially acknowledging that that's true. So life as did he once knew is over. The commercials, the Shirak commercials, and the parties and ought, nah, that's over.
Speaker 1: That's over being.
Speaker 2: Accepted by the status quote being a major player and influencer in the world of Hollywood and hip hop and Beyonce over. But again, the case is a federal one and then involves sex trafficking and racketeering as opposed to domestic violence, which is a state crime. And so because of it, you sort of understand where his defense team is coming from, and in that regards, incriminating as it may be.
Speaker 1: To be considered what he is at this particular moment in time.
Speaker 2: I mean, women, everywhere I've looked, you have one woman and after another using the word repulsive and repugnant, and a lot of other things that I'm not going to say.
Speaker 1: This is how they're feeling about him.
Speaker 2: He can't be overly concerned about that when he's trying to avoid being behind bars for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of his life.
Speaker 2: The other side is Cassie, and that's where it gets tricky because purportedly being raped, you were still in his life for a significant period of time thereafter. And those text messages that were just shown after he beats you, after he assaulted you, laugh out loud.
Speaker 1: Let's have a different vibe than Friday.
Speaker 2: That's not something you expect to hear any immediate aftermath of being thrown to the ground, kicked, hit, having a glass vase thrown at you at your head. That's not something that you're expecting to read. That's not a level of communication you're expecting to.
Speaker 1: To witness to hear about. It's just the truth.
Speaker 2: And so now we're gonna find ourselves as a society addressing several issues.
Speaker 1: And I think that it's dangerous to do this.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't advise people to do it, but people are already doing it. If you listen to what people are saying in their comments and beyond about this trial, they're saying Okay, she's bringing this up. Now you know he's under arrest, and you know, hell, hath no fury. I don't want to hear that. Anybody trying to hear that, But you got people talking that stuff. They're gonna look at her and they're gonna question the legitimacy of her victimhood because that's what the defense is doing, and they're going to look for her level of culpability and the consensual element of their relationship to offset, if not completely debunk accusations and allegations that she was somehow assaulted or beyond. These are all details we don't need to get into, but they're unavoidable from the standpoint of recognizing what the case is, what one argument is being made compared to what the other argument is being made, and.
Speaker 1: To the.
Speaker 2: Prosecution, she's a key witness. They came out swinging with her.
Speaker 1: I got that part two. But the fact that she's pregnant.
Speaker 2: And she's detailed what she has detailed, and still they've been able to gather text message exchanges between.
Speaker 1: Her and Diddy in the aftermath.
Speaker 2: Of these physical encounters and ordeals she was forced to endure.
Speaker 1: They're saying, were you really forced? Did you not invite this? Was this not par for the course.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to I don't know where to go beyond that, But I'm gonna say this as a man, because I think it's important to say this. You can look at it two ways when it comes to a husband, because we gotta say this ladies, because it got ladies in the studios.
Speaker 1: We gotta say this. It's important you do. All I'm gonna do is personalize it.
Speaker 2: If it were me, Although in no way would I question whether or not I believed my wife if she said she was raped and assaulted, I would definitely believe, and I would be in the courtroom to support her. I would say, at the very least, can we all can see that stuff is pretty hard to listen to.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the consensual stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the consensual stuff involving multiple men.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to the consensual.
Speaker 2: Stuff involving acts that included those men. And that's recognizing that there's a believability factor in terms of her being assaulted.
Speaker 1: It would be really hard to listen to all of that.
Speaker 2: And I think that's why when we see some of these comments and people commenting on the case and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You have certain people who feel one way and certain people who.
Speaker 2: Feel another way because they're taking all of this evidence into consideration and they're asking themselves, what if it was them that was sitting in the courtroom, What if it were them that was sitting on that stand. What if it were them that were detailing some of these things that transpired. What if it was them that had that experience? Again, it's p Diddy, P Diddy. No matter what way you slice it, he looks horrible, horrible, But for the purposes of the trial, the question is does he look like a sex trafficker or racketeer? If the answer to those two questions are no, you know what the bottom line is, you can't get convicted, at least in this case, for being an absolutely horrible, repulsive human being.
Speaker 1: Are you a sex trafficker and racketeer or are you not? That's the bottom line. That's the bottom line.