Speaker 1: Another Joe gets fired. Don't worry not me. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading Off, brought to you by Bet MGM, the King of sports books. It's me, Joey b Joe. Pie's Apia with me, of course is the Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks. You're all here hanging out with us, talking some baseball on a beautiful Wednesday morning here in New Jersey. Oh, it is so nice. This is like fall, I think probably in Arizona where Welsh is. But we've got a lot of baseball to get to. Some key yesterday by the one hundred and nine, right, but who's counting beautiful, beautiful undred and nine. But it's a dry heat. It's always the dry heat, that's what they tell yes, of course, and Welsh you called this, you said, I wonder what's the next managerial shoe to drop? And yes, late afternoon the news broke that the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, after twelve straight losses, decided to move on from their manager, Joe Madden. So we're gonna put all the all the individual achievements off to the side here we got to talk about this because this is big news. It's huge. Joe Madden goes back to those two thousand and two Angel teams that won the you know, the championship. There, He's been part of that organization before. Long term Angel guy had great success with the Rays, had obviously the amazing success with the Cubs winning the World Series, breaking the streak, and then you know, here we are with the Angels. Five years in. He has a little below five hundred. So I understand that he is at four to seventy seven winning percentage. So I can understand that, But wesh, I want to set you up with this today. If you had a great start to the season, which they did, and then you had a terrible part of the season, which they did, doesn't Joe Madden deserve that third round? Look to say, okay, what do you do with the next twenty five games?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I off air. I was like, if I would have told you in March that Joe Girardi and Joe Madden would both not be managing teams on June eighth, how wild would that have sounded. The Madden stuff I really don't get as well. Just twelve games really unravel what he has been as a manager, but unlike there was actually a situation going on. Yesterday I went to your former co hosts. Craig Mish was tweeting about it's really a weird situation going on with the Marlins where the Marlins had this closed door meeting that wasn't about the performance, but maybe about liking each other, and then said it wasn't resolved. That is very public, is very public thing. There has to be something very behind the scenes that we don't know about this situation. I mean, you know, Mike Trout is very uniquely different, I think than a lot of stars, but I find it hard to believe that he wasn't consulted on this. Shohatani had a nice little message about it, but then just kind of moved on. How would the team become comfortable that twelve straight losses completely alters and changes somebody who's very important, whether they've been massively, massively successful, which isn't all Matt and it's also a roster construction. I don't know Pitchinger having guess like dun Bundy over the years, that there's something bigger. There's something bigger there that.
Speaker 1: The stars and scrub team. They've been to stars and scrub team for the last fifteen years. You know, if you go back to the Josh Hamilton contract, the Albert Pools contract, I mean, they've spent a ton of money on star power and they've been lacking in the pitching department for some time. And that's that's a tough pill to swallow. And when you have you know, and you know, I understand they paid my Trout and you should pay Mike Trout. I understand why to do that, sure, but this is this is the this is the problems with the Stars and scrubs roster construction at the big league level is you don't have depths. So when you have injuries like my Trout getting hurt last couple of years, right or Otani getting hurt last couple of years, it's really tough to kind of bounce back. Like you don't have the depth of thewr organization and they haven't done a good job of growing a lot of prospects. You know, CJ. Crown was in that organization and they let him go. You know, Jared Walsh has been there. He's good. I mean, Taylor Ward is at a good season, but he's twenty eight years old. So I want to do like a victory lap about like the scouting department on him.
Speaker 2: Well, the problem that's actually a real thing. And by the way, I just want to tout as somebody, as a very respected manager in the baseball world with my tout team, I did the Angels thing. I did the Angels thing, and it didn't work for me. So clearly the Angels could just learn from me. That's how they could do. But now that's one hundred percent it too. Their scouting department has actually been kind of ripped over the last couple of years. They've done weird stuff, even at the lowest levels. But the Matt like I felt like maybe Madden's lackadaisical attitude, there is something more behind the scenes with it, because I refuse to believe a twelve game streak did this because look at the roster construction. They could not get pitching. They kept spending money in other directions. The development, which isn't just on Matt. I mean, he's trying to win games at the major league level. The development of Joe Adell and guys like that in Brandon Marsh like that can't be the whole thing. I don't think he's mismanaged the team right, so as closed out games, he got an MVP season out of Sho Heo Tani, Mike Trout can't stay healthy. It's just it's something deeper intertwined. Or it could be as simple as you know, Madden might have just been like, yeah, maybe I'm not the guy, maybe I'm done.
Speaker 1: I'd always I misspoke earlier. I'm looking at Baseball Reference. He's been there for three years as manager. He was there for longer in the organization, so Baseball Reference kind of loops everything in there, and I was like, wait, come in five years. Yeah, so, but he was with the Angels when he first started as a coach, so it gives you that as part of the accumulation, which is really a weird way to look at it because he wasn't the manager then. But look, this is a three time Manager of the Year that you you've let go. So I don't know, I don't know if this is going to be the fix for the Angels. It's actually spoiler alert, it's not going to be the fix for the Angels. Let's just put that out there. We move on, all right, Let's move on to some of the other things. Here we have some guy named Justin Ferlander. Twelve strikeouts. Ooh o, baby, let's go. Joey p is gonna make a lot of money. I donally doubled down on Verlander for Cy Young Welsh a few weeks ago. I tripled down. So I am, I am, I am, I am. I'll show you the best all in I have, all in. Literally over one thousand dollars will come my way if Verlander wins that.
Speaker 2: I just looked the other day. Verlander is he? He's not at the lead spot, though, is he? You know what we were looking at A warns the one we didn't look at with Cy Young. We were looking at rookie of the year.
Speaker 1: And it's still the top of the American League for Cy Young. I don't know what it was today after that performance. My guess is it's gone down even more. I will look in a second and tell you that. But before we get to that, Starling Marte left the game with a quad for the Mets and the shoutout loss to the Padres darbish was great. Darvish also hit the peede a lonzo on the hand, so the extoris came back negative. But they are going for the MRI today. I don't think we have news yet on the MRI. Have you seen anything to the car.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen anything. I just know the fear. There was a fracture fear, and I think that fear is gone. So other than that, small stint is a win at this point if it's that. But you know pde Linzo, he's tough.
Speaker 1: Justin Verlander plus four hundred on FanDuel right now to win the UH win.
Speaker 2: No one's ahead of him, No No.
Speaker 1: Leader four at six fifty. Garret Coles at six fifty and has eight hundred. I means similar numbers there.
Speaker 2: Love McClanahan here, but I think that play I mean at.
Speaker 1: Four, I love them all. You want. The Jod Verlander comeback train narrative is going to be strong.
Speaker 2: One also very much shows you that it's quite a field. It's quite a field right now. Like if you look at Rookie of the Year, I don't know if it's changed we looked two days ago. But like Mackenzie Gore is at one point six on your money to win Rookie of the Year in the NL. Like that's a that it's not locked up because you're not in the minus money, but they're telling you that's the bet. Four hundred is very open, like what what is what is alt Kintar? If you have it for n L, I would bet he is like.
Speaker 1: He was eight hundred on Friday when I put some money down on him. But right now currently we are looking at is sitting at six fifty plus six.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody above him?
Speaker 1: Yep, just Corbyn Burns at five hundred, So this is more wide open now. Contract Joe Musgroves at six fifty. And it's funny because I had musk Grove and I think ten to one. I had to shrim shares. I cash out of Walker Bueller about four weeks ago, put those shares into musk Grove at ten to one, and then al contra a contracts use me at plus eight hundred. And this is how you look on FanDuel. If you can, you can play it like the stock market, where you can cash out if you don't like how things are going and take that money.
Speaker 2: And I gotta tell you it is one of my favorite things because I've got a lot of my futures bets this year on DraftKings and I'm not loving it. Where I had my futures in the NFL on Fan duel, and I loved it because I like at one point we had Aaron Rodgers at MVP Boggs and I did a dual bet together and it looked great, and then it started to fall apart. We still made money on it because we were able to cast.
Speaker 1: Right, that's really nice. You can play it like the stock market. You can invest. You can take my Julio share. Oh, I'll tell you about how good that looks? Right now? Oh that looks good. Let's do another one here. Oh, look at this. Mike Mahyer loves this. The ange he's He's piling on not only Pools and Up it looked Hamilton, but also justin Upton. Gary Matthews Vernon Wells. I forgot about the Vernon Wells one. For the Ages two I did too, but a terrible contract. So Darvis seven shoutout frames Kyle Wright career high eight innings in a win. He has been an absolute revelation. Ronaldo Kunya not one but two homers. He's the only guy who went yard. Some guy from the Astros, Jordan Alvarez went yard. Also more on that to come. Marcus Simeon four for four, two homers in his steel. I hope you'll listen to Uncle Joe and went out there and made all the trades form Marcus Simeon over the last two weeks, and the Yankees are the first in Major League Baseball to forty wins, So congratulations to them. Xander Bogart's though shoulder issue. He's pushing to play Wednesday. We'll see if that happens. Trout doesn't seem quote too alarmed about the type groin, but I think you should be too alarmed about the type groin because it could always be a problem. Hopefully he'll sit out for a few days and just rest it and not do something stupid. And Luris a rise who exited the game with shoulder tightness, is gonna be held out today. So if you got him in a line up, take him out of that lineup. Before we get to can we talk about this? We need to talk about Omaha Steaks because Father's Day is literally around the corner, and Omaha Steaks has the dads want steak package. And look, I'm telling you treat yourselves. If no one's gonna buy this for you, go out there and get it for yourself. Go to Omaha Steaks and here's what you do. In the search bar. Put in leading off. Now, I know people are getting confused. They're putting leading off in the promo code section. No, no, no, put in the search bar leading off. That's gonna take you right to our special that we got going on right now, sixteen mouth watering entrees. You got the Franks, you got the boneless chicken breast, you got the bacon wrap filet, Mignon's, and so much more, and of course my favorite, the caramel apple tartlets. All of that can be yours. Go to the search engine, put in leading off at Omaha Steaks dot com, and when you do, you get eight free of the steak burgers as well, which are fantastic individual wrapped, VACU sealed. It's what you need. So once again, that promo code is leading off in the search engine over on Omaha stakes dot com, where the beef is yours. And look, man, it makes a nice gift for yourself, nice gift for somebody else.
Speaker 2: Some I've always said, Joe, some I've always said that you said earlier, is if no one else is going to get it for you. When you get older, you learn because you have jobs and you have money and stuff for yourself. You just get your stuff that you want. You just you don't wait around, don't be like, who's gonna get me to prisons and stuff? Just get it for yourself because guess what, you always win. You always win. You should do it today.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I've learned this lesson as a single forty year old man for the last few years. If you want something, you just have to get it for yourself, because you know, God bless your children. They might every now and then surprise you, but you know, really you're on your own here. No one's buying anything for you. You're you're an old person. You just get it for yourself. Treat yourself. Summertime, go barbecue. All right, let's talk about this. Alec Manola seven and one a one point eight one era another cy Young contender when you think about it in the American League, for sure. But if you're looking at him in terms of his odds right now, he is all the way Where is he cy Young in the American League? He is plus nine hundred. Still he just can't compete with some of these other guys. But Alec Manoa was really taking that next step. I remember Nick Pollock, especially before in the preseason we had him on and that was his Dude, this guy's been incredible. Your thoughts on Alec Manoa and his value right now in Dynasty of how good he's been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I moved him up. I just did an update over to this league dot com on my Dynasty ranks and he got the big boost. I actually have a brand. I have a pitcher number one in Dynasty who is not Garrett Cole or Corbyn Burns. It's not Manoa, but Manoa moved way up, and you move Manoa over guys like Walker, Bueler and stuff. At this point, I will say this, this is a twofold thing. I don't love the massive drop in strikeouts. I don't know if you're paying attention to it. Massive Last year ten k prow over one hundred innings. He's under eight right now this year, and I've watched two. I've really paid attention on two starts, and he does not get the calls on strikes anymore, and it doesn't look like he's pitching to it, which is okay because he's also cut his walk per nine in half. That's really good, but from a fantasy perspective, it's limiting him a little bit. You've also got an almost two run differential between RA and x FIP, which, again it's not the biggest thing in the world. When you have a one ADRA, you're gonna have a higher ex FIP, but it's almost two runs and it's almost at three seven to three. So while I think Alec Manoa is incredible, there's some things that are limiting. The inverse thing about that is the Blue Jays team, for the most part, has been relatively underperforming. You know, I mean as a whole, I don't know what they've been dealing with. You saw a lot of strikeout issues early on. You've seen them just trying to click and get their batting average backup, whether it's been Taoscar or Bichette or even fly career or junior. And you could potentially throw some of the pitching in there as well. That I don't think. I think he's interesting from a betting standpoint, simply because he's been dominating without the fantasy stats, and he's on a team that hasn't even got hot. That's why I think he's interesting there from a dynasty perspective very valuable because he's young. I don't love the strikeout like I think a fantastic dynasty conversation would be Dylan Cees or Alec Manoa Cease walk issues but all the strikeouts in the world was dominant for six weeks or Alec Manoa, who he's getting it done. But his strikeout numbers they're just not there.
Speaker 1: They're not. I wonder if that's something though that will continue to get better. I mean, CeCe has been around the league for a couple of years now, so I feel like we kind of have a good idea who he is. I wonder if Mania Manoa to me would be my choice, because I think there might be another gear in him that we haven't seen as he gets older, or Cease has been in the league another two extra years. I don't know. But weird.
Speaker 2: But Ce's's strikeout numbers, I mean, this is the tough part.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you're right.
Speaker 2: He looked like Sean McClanahan to start the year, strikeout numbers nine ten a game, just flipping the curveballs and fastball past everybody, picking up wins. But then he's really falling apart, which makes it tough Manoa is getting He's got your era covered, he's got seven wins on the year, he can go deep into games. These are all really great things. It might not be close if you really put it down, but there are some people that live and die by strikeouts, especially in the Dynasty format, and I think at this moment, Manoa probably wins that sixty five percent. I'd be curious what people think, but I do think it's a bigger question. And you don't want to tear a guy down just because they can't strikeout guys right now or whatever. The adjustment is. Manoa's phenomenal and he's borderline top five SPN Dynasty at this point. MVP is a really really interesting thing to do. You just wonder is a guy gonna do it without any of those strikeout numbers. But you know, he's got eighteen wins, he got seven wins through June right now, regardless of the strikeout numbers. Be damned.
Speaker 1: He is a great offense too. You know, you know it hasn't gotten good, That's what I'm saying. No, and they haven't even been there yet. No. This was a fun tweet too from friend of the show Michael Govier go support to good people on Twitter at MJ Govier, he said, I drafted Garrett Whitlock with the expectation he would close. It's June seventh, and he's got one save. He's been up and down as the starting pitcher, while their closer situation is the worst of Major League Baseball. I hope Bostonians have been ripping the team's management this season for this. Garrett Whitlock. Is it time for him to go back and to become the closer and be a dominant guy there.
Speaker 2: I would like him to be. That's what I've always kind of wanted. The starting pitcher thing has you know, he's had a couple of blow ups that I think have really pushed the narrative of like, he can't be here, he can't be a starter. But here's the bottom line. What his value would be as a closer to what his value is as a starter, it's not remotely close. It's exponentially different. He is a mediocre starter at best a reliever. He could be a top ten reliever if you know, you had somebody that could lock down games for Boston. So, yeah, they don't have anybody that they really like Deekman, Barnes. No, none of them work. I would love to see Garrett Witlock in there, but you got kind of an aging rotation that I don't think they want to move away. Tanner, Howke hasn't worked. I think that's also changed a little bit as well. Yes, I would love to see Garrett Whitlock back in the reliever role and it would I think, double his fantasy value instantly.
Speaker 1: And if this isn't a plug for the century, head over to Mike Mayer's Twitter account from Daily Thoughts on the Red Sox Front Office.
Speaker 2: There you go. Who could be messaging in the chat from the Fantasy Pros MLB official account?
Speaker 1: I know right here you go. Fun facts. Justin Verlander seven and two struck out season high twelve batters and seven innings, and that put him at three eighty six for his career. He moved past his former teammate Max Schurzer for the active strikeout leader among pitchers and then went past John Smoltz, who was one of Verlander's big guys growing up as a kid. I guess so there you have it, Justin Verlander making a little bit of history. So if you want a trivia question, boom, There you go this day in baseball history. In nineteen eighty nine, after taking a ten to nothing lead at the top of the first inning, Pittsburgh's best inning since nineteen forty two, the Pirates lose to the Phillies fifteen to eleven. After the season Pirates broadcast, Jim Brooker conducts a charity walk from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh as a result of his on air promise to walk home if the Pirates blew that early lead, which they did, so he did once again. Welsh, this was that theme of old announcers saying stupid things, but there you go. This was one that ended up working out for charity. I just thought that was fun. Could you imagine I like that want from Philly to Pittsburgh?
Speaker 2: That was Can you imagine anybody? Here's the other thing too, Can you imagine anybody today now actually like committing to that that. I can't imagine what rich eisen.
Speaker 1: Rich eisen would do something like that. If he said something, you'd be like, yep, and then he would be good for it, because you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, like a play by play, like get like a play by play guy on a team, and like anybody gonna.
Speaker 1: Joe Buck's a good personality. I think you know, everyone hates Joe Bucks at me. I don't know why I don't hate Joe.
Speaker 2: That's weird. We might be the only podcast my people that don't hate.
Speaker 1: Joe because we know how hard this is, and we know what it's like to go from a football show to a baseball show in the same day, back and forth. This dude doesn't see his family for like months in a time, totally, and it's unbelievable what he's been able to do.
Speaker 2: The only thing I ever that really pissed me off about Joe Buck was when he got on his And if you've ever listened to him, he's been on podcasts and stuff like that, you know he's he's got a funny personality. He's got a mouth too. When he lost his mind about Randy Moss fake mooning the crowd and he was like that's discuss Like that was like get out of here. Like that was the moment where I was like, this sucks, and then I.
Speaker 1: Think it was It wasn't cool. I mean, honestly, he just was.
Speaker 2: Like fake moon. He didn't even pull his pants down. It was the dumbest thing. To get up in arms about to like just be the I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, got to realize the time it was too That was the late nineties where we were still transitioning into that it's okay to be flamboyant and fun, and it was encouraged all the unwritten rules of all the sports still going on.
Speaker 2: Had the Janet Jackson thing happened yet, No, I wonder, because I wonder it would make a little bit more sense if, like this was a year or two after that, and then, I don't know, maybe it did, because then, you know, the sensors and stuff were really tight, and maybe he did something like that.
Speaker 1: But let's even get the years I thought that that, I thought that all of that stuff, well, I know that was a rule with the Patriots in it, so that.
Speaker 2: I feel like it happened a year or two after that, which would make all the sensor stuff really really intense. But still it's the dunest thing, and I think it made people not like him.
Speaker 1: But here you go, here's your real trivia question. Who's the most recent pitcher to throw consecutive nine inning complete games, the most recent picture to throw consecutive nine inning complete games. If you got the answer dropping in the chat over here. And remember you have to be a subscriber to Fantasy pros MLB in order to speak to us, not just anyone could talk to me. Well, who is it, Nolan Ryan, No, no, it's it's somebody pitching right now.
Speaker 2: They're still pitching in baseball. And then it's a back complete game. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, wait hey complete pro consecutive nine inning complete games. So that doesn't mean any shutouts.
Speaker 1: Oh it is not kersher Sande out contrast, No it is not, but we'll we'll keep guessing. In the meantime, here's the stat hero from yesterday. You Darvish seven scoreless, six k's Michael kopek uh six innings, no earned a case. I saw somebody earlier in the chat ask is this is the window of trade Copek? I still say no, because guys are dropping like flies. If you got anybody performing, well, who's got talent? I keep them unless you're getting in an overpay Welsh. What do you say about Copex?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I completely exactly how you said it, Like he has been overperforming his stats a little bit, but unless someone's overpaying, like why even at this point? But Kopec doesn't hold that like really crazy high value back, but unless he does, then move them.
Speaker 1: Our favorite DFS pairing last night was Justin Verlander in Trig schoobl Schooble seven innings, three earned, nine k's. It was a lock against the pirates. Lock it up hitters last night. Jes Chism two dingers for him, great night for him. Ron Lakuni had the two bombs. Simmon had the three bombs. Aaron Judge another one run, Horey Palanko with a hot night four for five with a dinger, and Ahmed Rosario four for nine, your boy with two steals. Welsh not one two. Here's the losers, John Gray, I'll take the yell on John Gray. Here we go. Be happy, everybody. Okay, there you go. We had. Also Tyler Gilbert six earned runs, a don give up eight earned runs, Hegan Thompson eight excuse me seven earned runs. Whitlock was bad also four innings, four earned, Jose Kintana for earned So he's starting to look.
Speaker 2: Like I was watching that diamondback games. Tyler Gilbert was just not anyone cares. He was getting lit. I've never seen someone just throw BP balls like him. In quite a while. It was home run after home run after home run after double, it was. It was quite an experience to watch, especially seeing the Red succeed like that.
Speaker 1: The answer is not Burns and it's not Shane Bieber to the trivia question, I'll reveal it after these loser hitters. Jared Walsh continues to struggle over five three k's at Old Garcia. How about oh for eight the double dip? Well done, a dullas two k's there, Jose Ramirez a rare oh for seven, but he still walked twice a stole base because he's awesome, So he doesn't belong here. Mike Maher put him in the in the loser hitters. Never never Hose Ramirez.
Speaker 2: He must have gave the ball to a kid or something. That's why you put him in there.
Speaker 1: Jesse Winker over five with three k's. Mike Maher's favorite by low. So there you go, everybody, enjoy I enjoy that. I give you. Marcus Simeon, he gives you Jesse Winker, Austin Riley over four with four k's not good, and Michael Chabis oh for four with four. Now look, here's the answer. It is Corey Klueber, and it was in twenty seventeen the Indians August third and August eighth. People forget the Corey Klueber Cy Young run there. You forget about how good he was and how Dominie was and he was a guy who go out there and throw nine innings. So the answer is the Klubes.
Speaker 2: I'm looking knowing got it too. I'm just scanning through it. I don't see it now.
Speaker 1: Just you know, fifty home runs were called correctly last night. Fifty an amazing number, spectacular number. Aaron Judge has been called three hundred and fifty eight times and one hundred and fifty five of our total Aaron Judge calls, which is easy, you know, but something that I want to bring to everybody's attention. Somebody else is on the board. Oh who's that? That's right, Joey P tied with a bunch of people at sixteen, but he's right behind Mike Mayor. Mike Mayor's got seventeen, Joeyp's got sixteen. Yeah, it's all the same people at the top. Yeah, it's the Blum, it's high Kobby two twenty sixteen, It's it's the Chaser at twenty it's it's all those people at It doesn't matter. Joey p made the board in June. Let's go. I'm one behind Mike mayor Welsh. I expect you to join me on this board sooner than later.
Speaker 2: So I got twelve. I got some work to do, I mean being here more, at least for the rest of this month. I'll be in on Wednesdays, so that might get me. I gotta get my off days stuff. I got to get some on there, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: That's right. I did manipulate the board to get my name on there because I have friends in high places who make the board, and I said, make sure you put that board up and make sure I don't care who's tied with you that I'm right behind Mike Mayer. That's all. I want him to start to fear me, that's what I want. I think he does Wonky Penguasa. How many Omaha steaks do you send to the board guy? That's between me and Ethan. Okay, that's that's.
Speaker 2: What what tartlets are given.
Speaker 1: Between Ethan and Joe Do what you dare call Ethan a tartlet. He's a wonderful person and the heck of a football player too. I learned that on our retreat. All right, let's go to a betting pros because it's time for a little bet MGM, the King of sports books. Bet ten dollars win two hundred on any wager regardless of the outcome when you use the promo code leading off, go to betmgm dot com or the bet mgm app in order to make your wagers. Today we're back on the hitters for the most part too. Vlagerrero Junior on DK one and a half total basis, that's a plus one ten. You get even money on Bobachet for the same thing one and a half. I love the Cedric Mullins point five. It's only minus one oh five. To me, this is a smash on DK at Cedric Mullins, I would smash this all the way. And then the strikeouts with Chris Bassett at four and a half on DK, I think that's too low, especially with the Padres give me. I know it's my why it is one seventy five. It's a lot of juice. But I still like that Welsh. What do you like on the prop market tonight?
Speaker 2: I really do like. I actually like your Vlad and your Sedgriic Mullins one is fantastic. Two pitcher props. This one's kind of a high number, but I've been into him Aaron Nola, and I think this is a fade on what fantasy pros has got. His strikeout prop is at seven and a half, but I actually like the over on that one. He didn't hit it in his last game, but he would have hit it in his previous three. He's going up against Milwaukee, which Milwaukee currently on the strikeout front, is in the bottom five of the league. Over the last three games, they've struck on almost ten times a game. And I had happened to actually be doing this for something else. In a fun little fact about Aaron Nola, since May seventh, no one is a lower walk percentage lower walk percentage of pitchers that have a twenty five percent or higher K percentage, if that makes sense to you. So guys that have twenty five percent twenty five percent K percentage, no one has in lower law walk percentage than Aaron Nola. And this equates to the third best walk minus strike or strike out minus walk percentage in baseball, only behind Shane McClanahan and Corbin Burns. So my point is he's striking out guys at are a pretty good clip right now, pretty valuable, and Milwaukee strikes out like crazy. The other one, I kind of like Tony Gonsolin strikeouts under even though he's been someone I have been betting he's going up against the Chicago White Sox, he's been in that five or six range. White Sox third best in the league in strikeouts, going around seven. In the last three they've only had five per game, kind of struggling there. So under five and a half strikeouts on Gonsolin over seven and a half on Aeronola. Those are my picks, and I love your Centric Mullins and Vlatty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cedric Maullins is a smash. I mean, I can't believe that should be like minus one thirty on the Juice somewhere around there. All right, let's get to the DFS stuff here for the night, simple night, keep it simple, stupid. Nester Cortez ten point three on DK. Just keep investing in him against the Minnesota Tway.
Speaker 2: Like every show I've done with you, Nestor Cortez has been available and it's always the play every single time we're sitting out here and we're like, hey, Cortes kiss stupid, and people try to.
Speaker 1: Be everyone's trying to be so different. Stop trying to be different. Just be right, Just be right. And if you don't want to go at Cortez you want some differential there, then I would team up Aaron Nola and Tony Gonsolin. Otherwise you're gonna go with Nestor Cortez, and I would take Chris Bassett on the other side. Even though in tournaments especially, I think Bassett's appealing tonight because everybody will look at that Mets line up and if they don't have Marte and if they don't have Alonzo in that lineup, which is probable, people will be off of it. So if Bassett plays well and the Padre's offense struggles a bit, which is very possible, Bassett becomes a huge win. He's only eight point two on DK, So that's my favorite pairing of Cortez and Bassett in the In the torn scenario on FANDL, you gotta pay all the way up to eleven K for Nestro Cortes, I think it's worth it. If you want to save a grant and go to Aaron Nola against Howser. You can do that too. Tony Gonsolin's nine point four, so he is even cheaper. And I would just stay away all together on the single picture site from the Bassett and I think just you might as well just go with Gonsolin. Then if you're just gonna go with a cheaper pitcher, it just makes more sense because Chris Bassett's the same price and the win equity is just far bigger for the Dodgers. So it's that's easy. Lineup builders tonight. Ryan Mountcastle mayor's favorite at three point two on DK, Nico Horner three point five, Tyler O'Neil three point five on FANDL. Bryson Scott, your boy Welsha two point three, free square, Austin Hayes doesn't get enough credit. Ait a home run again yesterday two point nine, Ali Ruschman two point three, Tyler O'Neal two point seven, Game stacks Baltimore's kind of a sneaky decent one tonight. Then on top of that you get the Yankees, Boston Dodgers, and the Atlanta Braves, which brings us to our home run call of the evening. I'm gonna go with gian Carlos Stanton to make a Stantotian blast, which, by the way, that announcer John Sterling is now dialed back his schedule, so I don't know if that was some pressure from the top or maybe he's he's eighty four years old. Now I did not know he was that old either, so good on him. Eighty four years old. Still call him baseball games. But he's taking a step back, but John Carlos Daddon takes a step up. Gimme Stanton against Chris Archer tonight. That guy throws batting practice. Speaking of batting practice, Welsh, where you going with your home run call tonight?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play a little BVP. I think there's some big names that you could go with, but I'm gonna go with a catcher. Can I get quadruple points for a what the hell is today? Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that was a one day thing. I think that's a one day thing. If you maybe we can do any contreras for for two tonight either.
Speaker 2: Any contrerasts that's right, I'm gonna go with Wilson Cantres.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: Any contrerasts for two that pick you get sweet ring for it. I'm gonna go with Wilson Contres. This is a BVP play. He's hitting over five hundred career against Jordan Lyles. How's a couple homers. Is not striking out when he's up against him. It's a small sample size, but you know, fifty percent end of the time with his hits, he's hitting bombs. So yeah, two for Contrera's night. I love it.
Speaker 1: The King has spoken anyone, dam Contreras. You get double points tonight. Put in the books. Wunk do it? Make it? Make it so? But yeah, man, it's it's been a fun. Look. I can't believe how many home run calls yesterday. That is stunning.
Speaker 2: So I've got the most shout all day.
Speaker 1: I it's gotta be. I mean, that's unbelievable. Fifty home run calls in one night. That's just wild. So you guys are crushing it and we're just so happy. And look, this is an opportunity once again. It's only the eighth of June. Come join our discord for free Fantasypros dot Com slash chat. Join it, check it out, and if you are a Premium Fantasy Pros member, you get all of the perks of being able to make the home run contest, hanging out in the stages. You know, football's right around the corner. We got all these amas and these stages where you can actually get up and talk with us about your fantasy team's baseball, football, whatever you got. We got betting stuff in there too. It's so great. And of course don't forget to subscribe to the Fantasy pros MLB YouTube channel and get yourself some steak uh and and over at Omaha Steaks again. Go to the search engine, put in leading off in the search engine on the Omaha Steaks website and that's going to take you right to the page. Get you the extra burgers because Joey p knows you like the burgers. I like the burgers. I want the cheese, I want the bacon, I want the lettuce. I didn't used to like lettuce on my burgers. It's again, as you get old, your tastes changed that this is just a part of life. Wealth You can get like a nice uh maybe bud light line there too, something like that summary, something summary, maybe a ligning.
Speaker 2: Googles and lin and Google.
Speaker 1: Google refreshing, Zaza lemons. Yeah, the Nika its in my mouth, it says Google, call it. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time kids, yea