Speaker 1: Tax code is made up with seventy seven thousand pages. One percent is telling us how to pay taxes. The other ninety nine percent is saying, hey, if you follow this, you don't have to pay taxes.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest mistake that business owners and make it when it comes to taxes.
Speaker 1: Waiting until the next year to file their taxes. Your first steps need to be okay, how can I get on the right side of the tax code so therefore I can save on taxes.
Speaker 3: You talked to a lot of entrepreneurs.
Speaker 4: What's the biggest misconceptional lot that they think is true when it comes to taxes.
Speaker 1: That the tax code was put in place to make them pay taxes. The tax code is a wealth map. Everything that you need to generate wealth is a tax deduction.
Speaker 5: What's some advice for real estate owners?
Speaker 1: If you want to live tax free, you have to have real estate because when it comes to the tax code, the government's like, listen, we can't house everyone. You do us this solid will allow you to keep your money. If Warren Buffett said, thanks to the mini loopholes put in place by the IRS, I pay a lower tax rate than my secretary. If you have an LLC and you're trading in that LLC. That doesn't automatically make it business in. You have to be doing it full time.
Speaker 3: So is there qualifications that make you full time?
Speaker 1: It's a thousand hours. That's probably like three hours a day. The tax code does not incentivize you for working more. They incentivize you for generating income as passively as possible.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, welcome back. We have a friend of the show, friend of the program. She has been on the show more than anybody, for.
Speaker 1: Sure, I have, Yes, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yes, you've been on multiple platforms I have. You were our first guests and our most returning guess.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, miss business, somebody has ven Vendom Marketplace sponsor. When you're thinking the Vendom Marketplace, she had the best booth for so many years that she actually just took over the whole thing and INVESTMST.
Speaker 4: Rightfully, So it was it was only right you changed the look of what the vendor marketplace was so rightfully.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you spoke at INVESTMST every year. Oh yeah, yeah, you know. I don't think we have to introduce you. Everybody already knows who you are. If they watch her and your legion, they obviously know misbusiness.
Speaker 5: So how you been.
Speaker 1: I've been great under a lot of pressure. I got to make sure that investments is you know, it's great. You got to make sure that the people are feeling me. That's my main objective when I'm there.
Speaker 5: Investments it's nothing like it. It's nothing like it.
Speaker 4: I think what's beautiful is that twenty nineteen we first meet, Yes, a lot of changes. Then our business has grown changed. I mean, your business has grown. You're I feel like you're everywhere. I feel like I need to be on some of these retreats that are happening.
Speaker 3: Talk to us about the growth over the.
Speaker 1: Past year or so over the past year, Oh my god. Okay, so I really just transition my mark. So marketing has always been at the forefront of everything that I've done, but I feel that it was more important for me to really get to the people and really get them to understand that business can really be their pathway to wealth. I think that a lot of times our mindset is business is our pathway to paying our bills or leaving our job, but not really thinking about like, wow, if I stop overpaying in taxes. If I take this money and I invest it, that that's my pathway. And so just doing that. I've just been trying to figure out different ways to touch people, so like you know, invest fest, miss business for the people, just really making sure that I'm touching people and then creating more moments where I can be in person. So I'm doing retreats, you know, I'm on a webinar consistently, right, I just feel like I have to touch people. I can't just it just it can be a distance between me and the people for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so let's get right to it.
Speaker 2: You know, this is always going to be informational session whenever we sit down with you. So, what's the biggest mistake that business owners are making when it comes to taxes?
Speaker 1: Oh, waiting until the next year to file their taxes. I think that right now, in twenty twenty six, I think most people know that their tax deductions available, they know that there are strategies that they can implement. But most business owners and individuals, they're waiting until let's say, in our case, right right now, they're waiting until twenty twenty six, when they shouldn't wait to twenty twenty six. They have to focus on tax strategy in twenty twenty five, and more importantly than just not focusing on tax plan, and what they're also missing is paying attention to who's in office, not being emotional about it because the reality is every single president has someone that they have to literally please, whether it be themselves, right, or whether it be someone that contributed to their campaign. Everyone has a have someone that they have to please. And so with looking at that, it's very important that when you're a business owner or even if you're an individual. So let's start with an individual, right, if your individual have W two income, your first steps need to be Okay, how can I get on the right side of the tax code so therefore I can save on taxes. Okay. Once you do that, you now have to make a decision. Am I going to invest or am I going to start a business? And it really is just that I tell people all the time, like listen, if you're looking for a strategy for W two employees, they're very slim. It's just not there. And so really focusing on and making a decision and say, okay, you know what, I'm going to start a business whether big or small, or I'm going to start to invest. Then after that you have to say, you know what, I'm going to look at my income throughout the year and make a decision on how much I want to pay the irs. We don't treat the IRS as though it's a decision. We treat it as though it's something we have to pay. Right, because we were never really taught we were to talk thought, go to school, get a job, make money, get a promotion, make more money, buy that house, pay you know, and so with that what happens We start making more money, we start paying more taxes. But if we're never really focused on any sort of strategy and implementation, then we end up in a really bad place.
Speaker 3: So what are the things? Right?
Speaker 4: Like, we have conversations all the time and again paying attention to what's happening in the task com We had a conversation about the salt tax, like all the things. Yes, what are the things that people should be considering before we get to December thirty first of each year?
Speaker 3: Right? Because we got to plan this thing. O.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, if you are a business owner, your entity structure, so you have to start at your foundation, LLC S corpse ce corp, nonprofit trust. How do you need to actually structure your entities what is important to you. I think a lot of business owners don't think about that, so they're not really considering in saying, hey, you know what I want to go for funding, I want to apply for a house, I want to do certain things. You have the leverage to make all of those decisions, So you have to understand where you're going. You need to make sure that your structure is correct, and then you need to actually tap into the tax code. So now, based on the big beautiful Bill, there's been so many changes that has been at the benefit of taxpayers. Granted, guys, Trump is taken on when he leave in twenty twenty eight, but they are here, so some of them being the which actually parents can start contributing to their Trump account, right they have their Trump account, and so that's really important because a lot of people want there's a lot of misconception around that. So I do want to just take a moment to explain that, because when it comes to the Trump account, most people think when you fouled your taxes, you were supposed to fill out Form forty five to forty seven to say, hey, I want my child to actually get this see I like forty five forty seven. Yes, yes, you know Trump, Yes, so you know it's so crazy. I didn't even picked up on that, but I know how your mind works. So yeah, So yeah, you had to complete form forty five to forty seven to say, hey, I want my child to actually be able to receive this thousand dollars contribution retirment contribution. Most people did not do that. Now most people are like, oh my god, I missed my opportunity. You didn't miss your opportunity. You can still download the app, sign your child up, and then you can complete the forty five to forty seven form online, and so that's really important. They do contribute one thousand dollars to it for children that were born January first, twenty twenty five through December thirty first, twenty twenty eight, so it's not something that's ongoing. So if you've had a child within that within that timeframe, then make sure that you go ahead and get that for your child. Now, the big thing here is that what most people don't know is that you also can make contributions to You can make personal contributions. It's not a tax deductions, but still an actual benefit to your child. So that's one that I definitely want everyone.
Speaker 3: I think is it captre like five thousand.
Speaker 1: Yes, cap that five thousand. Yeah, in terms of the personal contribute, I know you've got no.
Speaker 3: Kids at that age, but try to help people.
Speaker 1: Yes, but yes, it is six thousand, well five thousand additional that you can contribute. So that's that's a good one, and I want everyone to take advantage of it. I think the big thing. Sometimes people are like, oh, I'm not going to do it. Oh I have to do some additional work. No, if it's there, if it's available, take advantage of it. So that's one that I think it's current that we really need to focus on the other now when we really start getting into the tax deductions. Right. I love the fact that they brung bonus appreciation back, right. That is amazing. You've used bonus appreciation with your g wagon, right, And so I think that it's so important for us to really tap into bonus appreciation because we were losing it. We were losing it. We were down to only being able to take forty percent of the value of your asset. Explain what that is. So basically, when you have an asset, the irs says, listen, you have an asset, you cannot just in all cases take the full value. Right, it's not an actual expense.
Speaker 5: The asset we talked about sphyfically about cars or.
Speaker 1: Any cars that can be equipment. It doesn't necessarily just have to be cars. It can be any asset. But a vehicle in the case of a business, is considered an asset. So if you have any asset in your business, the IRS typically says, listen, you can depreciate the value of that asset over specific period of time. So that's standard depreciation. Right, vehicle is five years, the home is twenty seven and a half years. Every asset has a different life. They call it a useful life. But bonus depreciation, says, listen, we're going to allow you to accelerate some of that. Will allow you, depending on the asset, to take one hundred percent of the value of the vehicle or the value of the machine, the machinery, whatever it is, whatever asset that you purchase. And so that is key, Right, that's key because I use that for business clients, I use it for real estate clients, and I am wiping out hundreds of thousands of dollars, right, because the tax code says, so the tax code says that we can do it, and so bonus appreciation is a really, really, really good strategy that I'm always encouraging, Like, you know, I've used it. I got you.
Speaker 3: We had the phone.
Speaker 4: This is this future as we had this phone call in twenty twenty four when it was getting down to forty percent, and we're like, we might lose this, but just wait on getting the car because potentially it could come back.
Speaker 3: And here it's coming back.
Speaker 1: It's coming back.
Speaker 4: Now we have another conversation about potentially investing in your business but also maybe using another business right where there's multiple partners, where there might be two partners, so it changes the amount of depreciation that goes to you as an individual.
Speaker 3: We really be on the phone.
Speaker 1: We'll be on the phone. We'll be talking because guess what, when you're making money, I do not tell people. I don't care how much money you make. Most people think, Okay, you know what, I'm going to make more money and I'm just going to focus on making money. No, when you make more money, the first step is making more money. The second is keeping it. The second is keeping it. And so I know you guys are always like, listen, do I have to pay that? What is this? What is the tax deductions? Let's make sure that I'm doing these things. And that's how it should be. But the reality is most business owners don't have a CPA that they can consistently communicate with. They're filing their taxes with like tax preparers and they're there January through April and then they're out after that, and so that's important as well.
Speaker 4: My brother actually called me recently he was doing his taxes and he was talking about the salt deduction, which actually changed.
Speaker 3: You want to just give the people the the in phone us.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that the salt deduction increased, because back in two thousand and eighteen, the salt deduction was decreased to ten thousand dollars, which means the salt deduction just means your state in local taxes, so you get a deduction for all of the state and local taxes that you pay. And it was it was it was a hard tax season for us that year because a lot of homeowners were being impacted because under the salt you have your state taxes, your local taxes, you also have your property taxes. So if you are making a certain amount of money. Let's say you make one hundred thousand dollars. Let's say you live in New York, New York City. Between state and local, you're already at that ten thousand. So that means you were used to getting a bigger refund because your real estate taxes were going to also be added to that. But they were capping it at ten thousand dollars, So that was that was a very hard tax season, a hard pill to swallow. But they've now increased it to forty thousand dollars and it has been a game changer. Everyone's happy this year because they are seeing larger refunds, which is really good. But yeah, so I definitely think that paying attention to the tax code is so important because of little things like that. Some people don't even know why they're getting a larger refund, and you must know why you're getting a larger refund.
Speaker 5: What do you?
Speaker 1: What do you?
Speaker 2: What's some advice for a business owners, not business owners, real estate onners in, real estate investors.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, real estate. So one thing I want to say, real estate, come, come, come to me. I need you all to understand that real estate is great for cash flow. Yes, real estate is great for appreciation obviously if it's purchase right, But real estate is also great for tax purposes. And that is really the secret weapon that most people don't acknowledge. And they're most like, oh my god, if invest in real estate because you know it can produce cash flow, invest in real estate because you know it's going to appreciating, you can leave it, and all of those things and can be true. But what most people don't talk about is that real estate is the ultimate tax asset and it is the way to help you live tax free. So if you want to live tax free, you have to have real estate. And why is because when it comes to the tax code, the government's like, listen, we need you guys. We need you guys to be landlords. We can't house everyone. You do us this solid we'll allow you to keep your money. Right, you house these people and will allow you to keep your money. And you do that through depreciation. So I was just talking to you about cast about bonus appreciation. I implement that and cost segregation. So just how it works with real estate is instead of going in when you have real estate, if you have real estate, which and I'm going to say this because while it is a requirement, most people aren't doing it. You must depreciate your home if you are investing in real estate, not your primary residence. So if you're invested in real estate, you must depreciate your home every year. But that's twenty seven and a half years. So obviously you know you're dividing something about twenty seven and a half years. That's a big number. So while you do get some depreciation expense, it's not the largest. So what you should do is you should perform a cost segregation study. And what a cost segregation study does is it dissects the property. When you have a building, your building is made up of the building, land improvements, a roof, HVAC. It has so many different compartments. It's not just the building. And so me as a tax strategist, I'm like, m well, let's dissect that building. Because the IRS says land improvements can be depreciated over fifteen years, and they say, okay, well personal property can be depreciated over five years. So how about I dissect the property versus making my client just only divided over twenty seven and a half years. And so that has to be done through a cost segregation analysis. You dissect the property and then what happens there is then bonus appreciation comes into play. So bonus appreciation says, okay, well you have these assets, let's accelerate some of that depreciation. Let's take one hundred percent of it. Now, to be clear, you cannot take one hundred percent of the value of a building, but you can take one hundred percent of the value of let's say personal property or land improvement. So on average, what happens when I do a cost segregation study, most clients are looking at about twenty five to thirty percent of the value of the real estate property. So therefore now they're able to deduct that. And the great thing is, there's so many different strategies that's like probably a whole another episode, but there's so many different strategies to make sure that you can use those losses from your real estate to wipe out your real estate income, your business income, you're even your W two income. So therefore now it puts you in a position where you're getting larger refunds and lowering your taxes.
Speaker 4: So we talk about investing a lot and a lot of people have made substantial gains.
Speaker 1: I think, don't you guys have like one thousand thousand percent club.
Speaker 4: Shout out to the green jacket community, right, So these people that have made whole hopefully long term capital gains is going to be you know, taxed at a different rate. It feels like is real estate the next move to offset some of those gains or depending on obviously how much they've made, Like when we ask about mistakes, like the first thing is like, yes, we have the money. It's exciting and wow, I've never had this much in your mind. You know that part of this is going to the government. The person who's doing it is not thinking that because of any excitement. Is that the next phase or there other things that we should be looking at to offset some of this so we can keep more.
Speaker 1: Yes, So to my green jacket community and those approaching. One thing to note is that you there are different buckets of income, some buckets so you I just mentioned how you can use real estate losses to offset business losses. If you have capital gains, long term capital gains, you can't take that and offset your business or you you know, it won't be added to your business. It is going to be in a separate bucket and it's going to be tax So the only thing that can offset a long term capital gain is a short term capital gain, right, So you have to have it in that bucket now, right. Because again, and I want to just stay on this actually before I go into before I go a little further in terms of talking about how you can navigate that and all those things, one thing I want everyone that invests to know is that Warren Buffett said, thanks to the mini loopholes put in place by the IRS, I pay a lower tax rate than my secretary. And I want you guys to really lean into that and understand what that means. That means that Warren Buffett, one of the most wealthy people in the world. The highest tax rate he will ever pay is twenty percent on any gains that he makes, while his secretary the highest that he will and again I'm only talking federal I'm not talking state, local, Social Security tax, Medicare tax.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: The most that she will pays third thirty seven percent. So we first have to understand, Okay, well, maybe if you are you do have that earned income that could be at thirty seven percent, Maybe a strategy is to shift some of that income into trading. So therefore, now those gains are only going to be tax at twenty percent. That's a seventeen percent reduction in the taxes that you would pay. All right, So that's the first thing. Now for all my green jacket people, I know you guys a prayer like listen, I'm about to be out here. I'm about to do this full time. For those people, you can become what's called trader status. You can elect for trader status. Trader status says that the IRS is looking at yours, looking at your trading like a business. Because what happens now is when you trade, your fees aren't deductible, your education isn't deductible, none of those things are deductible. But when you become trader status, the government says, okay, we're going to actually look at this as a business, and now your income instead of it instead of it being looked at as capital gains or income, it just looked at as income. Now you can deduct your vehicle, your education, the fees that you're paying, and all of those things. So now that is a strategy that can also help.
Speaker 5: But it'll be higher income and be higher tax rate.
Speaker 1: But it depends and it would be a higher tax rate. And that's why tax planning and tax strategy is so important, because now you have to understand and say, okay, well do I have enough expenses or how can I plan and position myself to Cause let's just say that scenario. I may say to you, okay, well, if you're invested in stocks, we don't want to just leave it as just business income and have the expenses. Depending on how much profit you have, we may now also need to go out and purchase some real estate, or you may need to go and purchase a brand new computer system. Right, you have the ability to then say, okay, what do I need to do? But what happens when you just have trading income? It's kind of stuck at whatever that rate is.
Speaker 4: So in that example, Warren Buffett is trading, well, they're trading stocks, but they're doing underbrush your hathaway the individual. Should they have it in their individual brokerage or should that brokerage now be an LLC?
Speaker 1: Oh, so happy that you ask that question. It is not about you if you have an LLC. If you have an LLC and you're trading in that LLC, that doesn't automatically make it business income. It will still be capped at I mean tax at capital gains rates when it's added to your taxes. You have to be doing it full time. That's all the government really wants, right, whether it's real estate or whether it is trading. They want to understand that you're doing this full time and if so, then you get the benefits.
Speaker 3: Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 4: So is there a qualifications that make you full time? Is it amount of trades? Is the amount of hours? Is it income level? Like how today.
Speaker 1: It's ours hours? Yeah, so it's ours, So it's one thousand hours, which if you do the math, that's probably like three hours a day. Right. And I always tell people the tax code does not incentivize you for working more, right, they incentivize you for generating income as passively as possible. Right, So it doesn't have to be it's not an income amount. And then you also can't have W two income. You have to be doing this full time.
Speaker 3: I mean that makes sense if you think about it.
Speaker 4: A lot of people that are in the community, they're in front of their computers doing this three hours a day. A lot of them, I don't know how many are entrepreneurs, but I mean, it's good information to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and again these are strategies. I have a client she literally her husband works, her husband works, she has w two income, and she quit her job. She's like, because it benefited her to be able to have that status, So therefore they can benefit from the tax code. To take advantage of the tax code, you have to make some decisions. You can't just stay the same and then want to reap the benefits. You're going to have to make some decisions.
Speaker 2: What's the best advice for people as far as if they have a family, is it married to foul jointly or head of household? The child tax credit? Should you file as individual single? Like, what's break that down?
Speaker 1: So if you are, it really depends on where you are. So let's just start with married filing joint versus married filing separate. There's a few different things. It's going to benefit taxpayers to fiul mary filing joint. However, sometimes, and this happens a lot, one spouse just be wild.
Speaker 6: So one spouse they may go exempt for the entire year, or they are just really bad with finances, And there's usually one spouse who's really good.
Speaker 1: What's finances and they're like, I don't want any parts of that right, Or they may be going through let's say, like child support, or you know, like there may be different reasons why people will decide that, hey, I'm going to file separate, But if you have the opportunity, I would suggest that you fil mary filing joint because you are going to receive a lot of benefits. What a lot of people don't know is that you're pretty much penalized for filing married filing separate. If you invest in real estate, you can't take losses if you file mary filing separate, and so you know, it's different. You are taxed as a single person, so which means your standard deduction is lower. You certain child tax credits you don't get, and so again it's a decision. Some people are willing to take it because they're like, no, this person's wilent. They're not taking my entire refund, because that's what it comes down to. They're like, they're not going to take my entire refund because you want to go exempt the entire year. You don't understand the arguments that I'm a part of.
Speaker 5: It's crazy about the child tax credit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so in terms of filing like married filing joint or just to be make.
Speaker 5: People aware of that. A lot of people don't even know about that.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, So you have the child tax credit, and the child tax credit actually increase this year as well, which I'm I was very happy about. So the child tax credit increased for but it doesn't differ right Mary fouling joint. It really is an income limit threshold, so it depends on how much you're making. That will determine if you're able to take the child tax credit. But yes, if you have a child and if you're filing them on your taxes, you should definitely be getting your child tax credit.
Speaker 4: I wonder, as I mean, you talked to a lot of entrepreneurs and the past seventy.
Speaker 1: Is for sure hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 4: What's the biggest misconceptional lot that they think is true when it comes to taxes?
Speaker 1: The biggest misconception, HM, I would say that the biggest misconception is that the tax code was put in place to make them pay taxes. That I think that's the biggest misconception because if we really look at the tax code, the tax code is a wealth math. Everything that you need to generate wealth is a tax deduction. Contributing to your retirement, starting a business to generate more cash flow, investing in assets, all of these things, investing into the stock market, all of these things that you need to build wealth to be financially free, to live the life that you want, are all tax deductions. But you know it's not our fault, right, We've taught shift. Yeah, it is a mindset shift because if we think about it, right, what happens April fifteenth? What's April fifteenth tax day? Tax day? Right? But realistically, April fifteenth is just the deadline to pay the irs if you owe them. So if we think about it, we've been conditioned to just think about taxes only when it comes to paying taxes, And so realistically they're saying, hey, April fifteenth is come and file your taxes. But I can file your taxes in May. I can find your taxes in October. It's the deadline to pay taxes. If we really want to look, when I was in corporate, what we did We focus on taxes all year round. Why because if we're going to make a change for twenty twenty six, we need to make it in twenty twenty six. We can't wait till twenty twenty seven, February February to say, oh man, it's taxis and now let me gather my documents, let me now start thinking about it. It's already too late. So I think that's the biggest misconception that they have. And I think that if we lean more into the tax code and not the tax code is made up of seventy seven thousand pages, one percent is telling us how to pay taxes. The other ninety nine percent is saying, hey, if you follow this, you don't have to pay taxes. And that's I think the biggest misconception.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about it. Invest Fest. Okay, obviously you play a major part. So you have the Vendom marketplace. Yes it's sponsoring. Now you're going to be speaking. But you have a workshop, yes, right, let me talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the Entrepreneur's Boardroom. I actually did the Entrepreneur's Boardroom last year and it was received really well. My goal with the Entrepreneur's Boardroom is just to have a place where business owners can have a holistic conversation because a lot of times they're having a conversation about growing a business saving on taxes, how to get access to capital, how to actually have this business help them build wealth. But it's very difficult for them to piece it all together because they're not having the conversation all at once. And so me and my friends.
Speaker 3: We come out I was and that was it.
Speaker 1: We come out and just put it all together. Because as I mentioned, the tax code is a roapemap and so yes, I can talk about taxes all day, but it would be super incomplete if I didn't talk about, you know, the cash flow aspect of it, or if I didn't talk about how you need to properly pusition in your business so therefore you can access capital. Because if we're really going to talk about getting ahead and closing the wealth gap, we have to understand how to responsibly utilize other people's money. So realistically, the entrepreneur's boardroom is just a workshop where I Am going to really have a be able to have a conversation holistically with entrepreneurs to help them really understand, Okay, what do I need to do so therefore I can have this business serve me versus me just always serving everyone else. And so that's what are some tips to do that to to have your business serve you you have, okay, So the first thing is you have to be clear on what you want from your business. Right do you is it a money grab? And that's okay? Right is it a money grab? Do you plan to sell your business? What is your vision for your business? Because all of those things matter, So be becoming very clear on the path that you want for your business. Do you want to start a business or do you want to buy a business? For me, I started three businesses, I'm starting nor more businesses. I'm ready to buy businesses, right, so do you want to buy businesses? So really just figuring out how you want to enter business or how do you want to grow in business. Also really focusing on how can you keep more money? You've already worked so hard for this money. Most people, if they need more money, they're like, Okay, let me go out and make more money, let me go get another job, let me start another business. But the reality is they're sitting there giving fifty percent of their money away and not even mindful of it. And it's like you already work so hard for that. So I think just becoming clear, focusing on your structure, your taxes, really really taking time, and I know most people are afraid of the IRS. The IRS is nothing to be afraid of. Okay, the tax code is there, we're just ignoring it. It's there, and wealthy people will use it right unapologetically, while we're like, oh, man, I don't want to get audited it. If you get audited it and you spent the money and it's in the tax code, you want, you know. And so I think that fear is keeping a lot of entrepreneurs away from just really taking a time to understand the IRS. But thanks to you guys, you know, people get it. They get it. They get it. I hear it all the time. They're like, I say, o ey l, no, I got to save all my taxes. I can't. I can't. I can't keep giving my money away. I'm like, yes, you get it, Yes, But yeah, I think just really focusing on just allowing and really understanding that you come first in their business, and that's more of a mindset thing. But I think most people are just like I'm serving, I'm serving, I'm serving. I just want to serve, But who's serving you? Ninety five percent we are in a retirement crisis. Ninety five percent of people are not even prepared for retirement. I asked this question all the time, who's prepared for retirement? Like right now, do you really feel like you're prepared for retirement? People are like no, no, no, whether they have W two income or not. But the reality is you could use that business to start also contributing to your retirement. But most people won't.
Speaker 6: Look.
Speaker 1: They will just be like, oh, I have W two income, I'm just gonna, you know, let my job contribute. Or they're business owners and no one's doing it for them, so they keep telling themselves, Okay, next time, next year, next year, And I'm seeing so many people retire and they are like, I'm retired, but I now have to work and I now have to try to figure it out because I'm not prepared. And it is a tax deduction. So just being clear and really focusing on you.
Speaker 4: I want you to talk to that person who just bought their ticket to invest best. I was in the room last year, I mean incredible, blown away. What can they expect from the boardroom this year?
Speaker 1: The boardroom this year? Okay, so the boardroom this year for everyone. Make sure that you guys come to my workshop. It's gonna be on Friday. Make sure that you guys come to my work shop.
Speaker 6: Yuh.
Speaker 1: This workshop is for every entrepreneur, whether you're new, whether you're existing. It is positioned to help you not only think about your business from a structure perspective and how it serves you, but also how can you position it in the mindset that you need to think through to make sure that you're positioning yourself for funding. How do you access that capital, how do you get where you're going much faster? How do you utilize the tax deductions to keep more money in your pocket? And so you know, how do you then take that and then build wealth? And so the Entrepreneur's Boardroom is it is a great workshop. I'm actually very proud of it. I am very proud of it. It was kind of put together and shout out to you guys for proving it very last minute because I had a whole different plan. I was like, no, this this has to go like this, and so shout out to you guys. But yeah, so if you're a go, if you're at investments, you need to be an Entrepreneur's Boardroom. It is the one workshop where you'll be able to have all the pieces connected together for you.
Speaker 3: You gave some dates.
Speaker 4: April fifteenth in our world is more than April fifteenth, Yes, the September fifteenth, right, this December thirty first. Talk about making a plan for the year, not just on a one time basis, but a quarterly situation, because I think entrepreneurs missed that part right. If you do this, think quarterly, it lessens the burning of having a one time thing.
Speaker 1: It's actually a requirement. It's not even like an option. The IRIS is like, listen, if you owe me one thousand dollars or more, you're required to pay me quarterly. They're like, we don't want you holding our money the entire year, send us our money. But to your point, right, some people don't consider their taxes on a quarterly basis, and then what happens is the end of the year comes, and you know how it is being an entrepreneur, You're like, that's the profit, Well where the money? Not an account? And so most people obviously you know they're spending money, they're operating a business, which makes sense, but you do have to consistently take a look at your taxes on a quarterly basis, and also do tax planning, right, you should be able to say, Okay, well, based on these strategies that I've implemented, I know that this is the amount of money that I need to actually send to the IRS on that quarterly basis. If for whatever reason, you happen to send them more, don't worry. You get a refund. They will send it back to you. Okay. I think most people are like, oh my god, the IRS such like they they will send it back to you. Right, you can get a refund. So I just I do think that when it comes to just throughout the year, we have to focus on, Okay, what is our business doing? And I think that also just goes to the thing of we have to focus on us. We are important too, not just our clients and the people we serve, because we have to think about how are we protecting our money? Are we in compliance? That's a big thing. A lot of times we're not in compliance. Are you in compliance? Are you filing your taxes quarterly? Are you scheduling those meetings with your CPA to say, hey, I need to sit down to evaluate where my income is because I may need to make something shape right, I may need to make some things happen. So therefore I am able to pay lesson taxes. So I do encourage every single person to focus on their taxes throughout the year.
Speaker 5: Vitally important. Before we leave, last word, talk about the vendor marketplace.
Speaker 1: Oh my baby, Yeah, indeed, my baby, Indeed vendor marketplace. Okay, so I am. I am the Queen of the marketplace. So I actually started out with a ten x ten boof and then the next year we had to take it up a notch. I was like, guys, I think we should build it, and I would never forget you called me. You were like, are you building a house? I was like, I mean some not a house, but I am building some things. You're like because there's people like on the ceiling and people building in this what complete TV's and everything, and so I really just wanted to have a space where people can experience and that was my biggest thing. I was like, I want to create an experience. And then the next year I took it up a notch. I had my game show. So ye, my game show, which I'm bringing back this year by the way, so make sure that you guys stop by the booth and play the game show. But yes, I had my game show the next year and it was like a huge hit, Like it was amazing, like everybody was interacting and it was exactly what I envision And so every year I've just been consistently trying to think about, like, how can I, you know, make this better and better? And so last year I was like, if not me, then who sponsors the marketplace? Like if not me, then who? And so so I shifted my focus last year to focus on the vendors. And my campaign last year was this business for the people, and it was really just surrounded around me saying, listen, I've done this, I know how to do this. I have not only done this, but I've been profitable at this. And I think most people feel like, Okay, if I come to invest best and because they have people, I'm automatically going to make money. It doesn't work like that. You have to really think about every single interaction. You have to think about you know, what you're selling, what your back end looks like. And so because of that, I was like, you know what, I want to really pour into the vendors and show them how they should be doing this. And so we did that last year and yeah, deonce would be proud. You inspire me nothing but greatness. But yeah, so I did that last year and really just poured into the vendors. We were going around, we were helping them, we were giving a popcorn and water and just you know, helping them if they needed to go to the bathroom. It's like little things that people don't think about, like, wow, I flew all the way down here by myself. I'm at this boof by myself. How do I leave all my merch here? So we were there, had one hundred I had about maybe it. Last year had about seventy five volunteers. We're trying to upset this year probably at one hundred hundred and fifty because we really need to deserve the people. But we were just being there and being supportive for them and helping them think about things that they didn't think through.
Speaker 4: And to add to it because I want to thank you. We've thank you before, but thank you here as well. Prior to even get into a ves Fest, there were zoom calls, yes, but how they should be showing up, how they should prepare themselves for the actual moment, which I think helped as well.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, there were so many people that came up to me like, oh my god, thank you. I didn't think about those things. I didn't consider that. And because I've implemented those things, I was able to get more leads, I was able to make more money. And so I'm bringing the same concept back this year as well, because again I want to touch the people. I want to help them. It's not about me, it's not about me. So same concept, but this year we're gonna take it up a notch. It's going to really be missbusiness for the people. Every single person that is intended investments. You can't I can't tell. I can't tell you guys, the theme, but it's changing.
Speaker 3: It was no album this year, so we got.
Speaker 1: To see it was no album. It was hard trying to find this theme. I'm like, Beyonce, where's my inspiration?
Speaker 3: I mean, you were a star in that movie. You were in it.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 6: I was in her trailer. Guys, you didn't see it. It was like a three second clip.
Speaker 3: But I was in this feature in this business.
Speaker 1: Yes, but but yeah, so this year what my what my goal is, it's not only just pouring to the vendors. Continue to do that, continue to help them, just become bigger and better and just you know, helping them in that way. But also I want to be able to continue the conversation with all of the Investment Best attendees. So I want to do like a three day workshop, like a free three day workshop with them that allows them to just continue the conversation and really help them implement because you know, we have information, we go to conferences, we're inspired with pump, We're like, Wow, all of these things are magical, but then we don't have a way to actually implement it. So I said, you know what, I need to help these people implement it, and what better way to do that. Then as soon as we get back from Investments, We're going to do like a free three day workshop. I don't guys, I don't know how I'm going to do it. See this is the Beyonce part of me. You guys seen what Beyonce said. When I'm working, I don't eat right. I don't know how I'm going to get through invest Best and then come and then have a three day workshop the following week. But I'm going to do that and it's going to be free. Yeah, I don't know. And if you guys could hop on it's something.
Speaker 4: You know, last past weekend, and obviously the lead up is big for us. I suppose to you last year. I'm like, this is becoming pretty happy for you. The rule of the marketplace and you have one of the best pre investments events.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean it's a lot, and we thank you for all that.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Thank you guys for allowing me to just you know, just shine and do all these things. But yeah, so I'm excited about investmentest. I'm excited to just pour into everyone and and just bring that energy to the marketplace like it's needed.
Speaker 5: It's needed, it's needed. Well, how can people follow you?
Speaker 1: You can follow me on all social platforms, on miss business one on one. You can also if you need tax services. I know some people are like, oh my god, my accountant did not tell me any of this. It's okay, fire them. We're here for you. You can go alliance. Yes, you can go to bricks Alliance www. Dot bricks Alliance dot com, or you can find us on social media and bricks Alliance.
Speaker 3: Please see you