Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan. It's listener Q and daytime. We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions. Here we are.
Speaker 2: We've made it over into a part three listener question and we answer time. So we're gonna do something fun here. Because Eddie kind of started this. He wanted to choose his questions.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do some shout outs that I have written down, but you get to look through and decide what we're gonna answer.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna choose.
Speaker 2: Like three in the beginning, three in the second half, unless you we go along in some of them. But the shout outs to start, I'm really enjoying the Feeling Things podcast with Amy. Amy's skin care routine is fire, her skin looks amazing.
Speaker 1: Barbara in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: So those are some shout outs to start get us feeling good.
Speaker 1: Now Amy gets to decide, Okay, question.
Speaker 3: The very first one at the top, is she going to take a trip to Paris? I hope she does? And that's from Morgan and Louisiana and I.
Speaker 1: I so hope.
Speaker 3: So Morgan, I'm manifesting it. This Morgan here got me a little Paris book and a scarf to help me manifest the trip. And I, you know, I can't say for certain it's going to happen this summer, but potentially we have two vacation times this summer through the show, and maybe one of them will be to Paris.
Speaker 1: I just think you can talk your sister into doing it with you.
Speaker 3: It's just our schedules lining up is so difficult. Yes, I think I could. She just was in Paris last year, so that might be another thing of like, oh and between her businesses and her four kids and our schedules. I don't know, but I have thought a lot lately about going alone and not even worrying about if anybody else can go, like intentionally going alone, because people say that that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll see, okay, TVD I am. I'm really trying to manifest this for her. So hopefully this year will be Amy in Paris.
Speaker 3: Barbie and Kentucky. Would Amy ever like to or consider getting married again? Yeah, I'd consider it. I like too. I don't know what that looks like obviously, but I am definitely open to it.
Speaker 1: I would like to. I think we've talked about that before.
Speaker 2: Too. I think you've you've really been open to the idea for a long time.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of relationships TP from VA. So maybe Terry Terry Bucker from Virginia. Bucker is asking any chance of Amy and Alex getting back together? I like happy endings, there could.
Speaker 1: Be tbd TP from VA. That was quite the t Well.
Speaker 3: I don't. I mean, I'm just saying I'm not I'm open to everything and anything like I'm not again, especially because it was such a healthy ending. I think we I don't know if it was that we needed a break. I don't know. We have held so many variables in our lives.
Speaker 1: That who knows, who knows?
Speaker 3: Yes, Like maybe it's just like not like a time thing. And I think we're both okay with where we are. Things are just so amicable. I don't know. Uh, can you talk about how life has improved since we're covering from an Ed Bailey in Oklahoma? Well, it improves a lot. However, I know how difficult it is to come out from an eating disorder. What you do have to look forward to, whether it's Bailey specifically or you're asking for someone in your life, is such a freedom that I can't describe. Uh, it's like the thoughts are have held you captive for so long. It's like, you know, the jackals have been removed because it's something that stunts you and consumes you, so you can't enjoy other areas in life when you're constantly thinking about what your workout's going to be, or what you've eaten or what you haven't eaten, and if you're restricting and then bingji, I mean, it's just a constant cycle of like, oh, then the dieting begins tomorrow, and it's exhausting. So when you can finally get a handle on those thoughts and they become less and less and less your brain space you have more capacity for things that bring you joy and speaking of meals with friends or family, like, you get to actually enjoy that instead of internally stressing about the entire situation.
Speaker 1: It does take a lot of work.
Speaker 3: I'm not minimizing what goes into that type of freedom, but life has improved significantly, drastically, dramatically. I don't know what are their words I can use, but yeah, it's it is worth the fight. If you can put in the work and fight through it, it's worth the fight. And there will still be lingering thoughts or moments or seasons of I don't know that it just fully goes away, ever fully, fully fully, but I would consider myself in active recovery and experiencing a freedom that I never thought was possible, Like for decades that I just thought, well, my brain is just this way, and I'm like the only one having these thoughts and this is the way my life's going to be.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and that's what I was going to ask. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's never something that you're it's completely gone. No, that's why it's called recovery. You're in recovery. You're not recovered, I think. And that's I mean for people that have an addiction to other things. I mean I've alcohol or and they're sober, they're in recovery knowing that every day's a gift. I mean, that's a total I mean, they're two different categories, but there are some similarities of like then you have this new appreciation for life because you're seeing it through a different lens. Yeah, So when you're sober from alcohol, you feel that way, and it's not that you're sober from food, Like we need food to survive. That was always What was so tricky is someone in your life might be addicted to drugs or an alcoholic, and they can remove that from their lives and their life will get better. You still have to think about food and working out because those things actually contribute to you living healthy life. But when you've had an unhealthy relationship with food and an unhealthy relationship with working out, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, well, what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: Because like you just like eliminate something for my life and not ever have it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a double edged word.
Speaker 2: You're you're fighting two battlefronts instead of just the one. So that's a really good point for a lot of people that are out there probably struggling with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, do one more and then we're going to take a break.
Speaker 3: How do if someone said, how do I attract fun birds to my birdhouse? I only get pigeons and miners.
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, pigeons are awesome. Everybody's a hater of pigeons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they can be a little annoying, but they're cute. I think they're cute. But they can be annoying, but they probably maybe they want to just see more varieties.
Speaker 1: Because they want to you.
Speaker 3: If you only got pigeons, you might be like, oh, I want to see but this person is listening in Australia though, So I have no idea. I don't even know what a miner is, and I don't know what other birds you could get, but let's see what is a miner searching up food, like doing research of food that is going to attract particular birds in your area, or getting bird calls like these little whistles you can get, but get specific ones that birds are of a bird that's actually in your area that you want to call. And Lunchbox got me a gift one year and this was something that was on shark Tank, So just google birds seed chark Tank and it'll probably come up because I don't remember the name of the company. But he got stuff specifically for my area, like my zip code. So I don't know if the shark take thing is a global situation, but they may have a special Australian brand. Yeah, well, I mean, but if they have a mix for that region, I bet they would. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Birds are everywhere and a minor looks like our regular birds here, so okay, that's probably what they're referring to. All right, We're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back, all right. So we got some more questions here, Amy Howe is botox free going? I'm pregnant, so I'm also on my natural journey.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, I did get I don't know what it's called, but in December I got Hm it's like a Korean botox, but I haven't had I got it. What's it April now? So I got it in December and I'm kind of I really liked it.
Speaker 1: So wait, so is it still a regular botox injection or is it different?
Speaker 3: Well, it's not botox. Botox is a is a brand, it's a type. So this is some Korean It's supposed to be similar. So I did go a year or more without botox botox as was lasering off my brows. But then and I it's holding up in my forehead a little bit, but around my crow's feet it's already gone. But I'm not I mean, I may go back and get more, but I'm not sure yet.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 3: Uh my, well, I guess I can talk about this because Kat has but she's pregnant. My friend Kat, she but she stopped getting botox before her pregnancy, so she already went through the acceptance of what that was like, you know, just it's more so just getting used to your face again. And I think once you would get comfortable with that, then it's okay. So she went into it before her pregnancy and so now, but I would imagine had she stopped, and then she's all hormonal and then she's dealing with that at the same time, and then other pregnancy things, which she opened up on our podcast talking about some of the things people don't talk about. And she's a therapist that specializes in body image, and she's like, I am really struggling with how quickly and rapidly my body is changing and it's very hard and I don't I'm not comfortable, my clothes are not fitting. I'm gaining more weight than other girls that I'm seeing online that you have these cute little bumps, And she's like, I don't even look pregnant. I just look like I'm gaining weight. And she's like, and it's really hard, and so she wanted to put that out there because she's like, I don't really feel like I hear people talking about this and it sucks no.
Speaker 2: Because everybody talks about the joy and your glow up that you're having when you get pregnant.
Speaker 1: It's like you're glowing now, And she wouldn't. She was like, I'm also happy.
Speaker 3: This is like a yes and it's not a butt like She's like, I would not change a thing. And I'm just not one of those girls online like oh look at my cute little bump, you know. And she's like, and it sucks and it's hard. So I think if she was processing also like and I can't give up boatoks, but she had already gotten used to that and had that acceptance and we can all have tools, like we have wrinkles because we're getting older. I was annoyed the other day because I felt so super pale and the sun's coming out now and I'm wearing shorts for the first time, and I was annoyed because I didn't it was too lazy and I didn't want to put myself tainer on. And I was texting with Cat about it, and I was like, but you know what, also like it is what it is, like I'm white, like and that's it may sound weird, but that's a simple tool and your toolbox of like, oh, also it's okay to have wrinkles, Like it's it's okay to be your age.
Speaker 1: It's also okay to get botox.
Speaker 3: It's also okay to try whatever Korean thing I tried that I injected that's similar to botox. I just don't know the exact name because there's like disport, there's botox, and then whatever this is. Uh, And you know, I think it's okay to do either. And the life you're growing is far more important than the botox, so you'll adjust.
Speaker 2: It's funny you say that about the realization, like, oh yeah, whit. I like, there's a lot of things that I won't wear unless I have a spray tan on, Like I have specific clothes that I will not wear if I do not have Ye.
Speaker 3: I know I'm with you on that.
Speaker 2: I feel so uncomfortable being so fair skinned. Yeah, but why I don't know. I'm the same way.
Speaker 3: I don't And you know, you see those videos all the time like, oh I thought I was depressed and then I just went got a spray tan. I'm fine. Yeah, I'm totally fine.
Speaker 2: It changes everything everything, and it bothers.
Speaker 1: Me that it changes that much for me, Like it showed uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: That's how psychological the whole thing is. So if we had somehow been conditioned to think that our pale skin was beautiful, or all of us just accepting our skin for the way that it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they haven't, so real I completely understand.
Speaker 1: That's why. Also I'm not fan of summer. I don't like wearing dresses unless I have a spray tan. And it's a lot of efforts.
Speaker 3: So you know what I realize about us and our insecurities and things that we want to do to alter our you know selves in any way, whether it's a spray tan or botox or whatever.
Speaker 1: Some people like you would.
Speaker 3: Probably wear one of your non tan outfits and I'd be like, oh, Morgan, looks cute, right, I'm not thinking anything about it. I have another friend who hasn't been getting botox, and I mean it's been a minute, like and I feel like she looks the same, but she doesn't see that, and I'm like, you look the same. I just wish we could see ourselves how other people see us.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's just a good reminder. We have our own filters of ourselves like we should be.
Speaker 2: And it's funny. My fiance literally said this. He's like, you wouldn't say that to one of your friend Why are you saying that to yourself? And I'm like, you're right, but I can't help it. So here I am. Okay, let's end on a really fun one. What is she most proud of? This is from Sierra in New York.
Speaker 3: Gosh, my kids. Right now, my daughter's finished with high school pretty much. I mean, it's almost done, and we've got a sneak peek at her grades and she made all as except for one class if that's not for me to share, which I mean, that's up to her. But I'm just so proud of her grades and her finishing high school and figuring out what's next for her. And then my son's also doing well in school, and they both have a good reputation with the school staff, I guess, And I don't mean, I don't think they're lying when they talk about how they interact with people at school, and that just warms my heart. And then Stevenson's killing it at track. So right now it's just them, and I mean, I can't take any credit for I'm proud of them, so I don't know if that somehow I'm proud of myself for supporting them in the ways that I could to get them to wear they are. But it's all them. But it's cool to see them flourishing in their own little ways.
Speaker 1: Well, you did have a role in that.
Speaker 2: You are their mom, so yeah, it was definitely just them that you did play a part in all of that, and I think the stability and consistency that you provide them is a big part of that. And to be where they are now, so it's probably cool to look back on just where they started to where they are now. Yeah, but also a little bit emotional as they are starting to grow up and become their own, full fledged human beings and go out into the world.
Speaker 3: I know it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you Amy for joining and check out her podcast Feeling Things with Amy Brown and Cat or Amy.
Speaker 1: Kat Feeling Things with Amy and Kat.
Speaker 2: I love it and you can go subscribe to the show YouTube at Bobby Bone Show or really anything at Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, this is where we're going to get out of here. Amy, thanks for being here. Thank you bye everybody. That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. You'll follow the show on all social.
Speaker 3: Platforms and follow at
Speaker 1: Web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.