Speaker 1: What's up. It's episode three. Andrew saw us on the side.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I like the way you said that you're so long gone go it again. You also had your own big announcement. Oh we mentioned it last episode, but I think you should hit it again because this is a big deal. By the way, this is my producer, Andrew producer for the moment. Hot Oh wow, you have you have bigger things to do.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I am loving being here with you. And yes, gandhi to piggyback off. That are my podcast, Serial Killers is so many for best Food Podcast at the twenty twenty four iHeartRadio Podcast Awards.
Speaker 1: And you'll find out when Oh my god, really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're nominated next to like these huge food podcasts.
Speaker 3: And then there's like me and Scotty's jankity like serial podcast we've been doing for like four years.
Speaker 1: I love your podcast, thank kidding. It's awesome and you guys make me laugh, as evidenced in the last episode, a little bit unhinged, but I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: Some of them are with like famous chefs and like by like award winning journalists, and then you got me and Scotty.
Speaker 1: Which I think is actually I think that could be great though, because you guys are kind of like the offshoot, the alternative. Yeah to the mainstream like Eva Longoria. Man, of course, sounds like a shoe in right, But maybe it's time for the indie stuff to take over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Like, we're really the lowest man on the totem pole in terms of the podcasts nominated, so Underdog Story it's a great place to be our slum dog millionaire.
Speaker 2: Yay.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited for you guys, and I hope it works out.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Fingers crossed. All right, So today I am super excited, and I know you're super excited. Why don't you give a little background real quick because we're gonna let her introduce herself and do all of that. But how did you find our next guest?
Speaker 3: I have been in love with Nicoley and jemmy Instagram page four years. I've just been fascinated by it. She's posted the craziest things. And so you started this podcast and I said to myself self, what better blend of weirdness could I put together?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: And I am just so excited. She said, yes, she was super down for it, so I can't wait to have her on to talk all things dead bodies.
Speaker 1: Let's just bring her in. Yeah, you know what I was going to introduce you, But why don't you introduce what you do so I don't get it wrong?
Speaker 4: Okay? Hi, I am a pathologists assistant, So I have spent my training in my career doing autopsies and dissecting organs from surgeries.
Speaker 1: Which is incredible. Now you, through doing this, have as a massive following on Instagram. Yes, you have your own podcast right, And you have a book that I got the other day. It's called Nicole and Jemmy's Anatomy Book, The Catalog of Familiar, Rare and Unusual Pathologies. It has a warning sticker on the front because of graphic content, and when you open it, I mean, I've just I've flagged pages here because I look at some of these things and I'm like, I might have that. I know I'm not dead yet, but when I read all of these things, I might just have diagnosed myself with it. How did you get to where you are right now?
Speaker 4: So I had my daughter who's here with us today, when I was in ninth grade and I had to go to college and get a job because I needed health insurance for her. So I was really bad in school and I but I thought, I have to go to college and just become a nurse so I could get insurance. It's like the quickest amount of time to go to school and get a job. And I started college for nursing school, and as soon as I took biology, I started using the microscope for the first time in my life. Cause you have to remember I had my daughter in high school and then I dropped out, so I never took like normal classes. And then I fell in love with the microscope on the very first day, and I asked my teacher, Hey, is there a job I could get like looking under the microscope all day? And it kind of went from there, and I figured out this job called cytotechnology, which is looking at sales under the microscope and like getting pap smears. I'm sure you've had them everywhere woman has helpfully, so yeah, I was like the person looking at them to for cancer and stuff. And I always tell this story of one day I was working and there was a commotion in the hallway and there was really this really horrible smell, something I've never smelled before. It wasn't poop, it wasn't p It just was like a funky smell. And when I went to see what the commotion was, all the people were standing in the hallway saying that the leg refrigerator broke and it was leaking. And I was like, I was like, wait, what's a leg refrigerator? What are you talking about? And I go over there and there's this refrigerator that looks like something you would see in a pizza shop that has all the sodas lined up, but instead there was like these amputated legs wrapped up in biohazard bags but like the shape of a leg, just laying in like five of them inside of this refrigerator. I was like, what, what's happening over here? Right now? This is this is like mind blowing to me. And then I saw people at cutting boards with giant ovaries and appendixes and gallbladders and stuff. And then right at that moment, I was like, I want to work over here. And then I went back to school got my education that I needed to, and that's how I got into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have two questions about that. One, what is there a refrigerator full of legs for.
Speaker 4: So normally when you send something down to surgical pathology, it'll come in a jar in formaldehyde, which keeps it preserved so it doesn't rock. Because when you cut off body parts, they rot, just like meat would rot if you didn't have it, which is fine, but obviously a leg you can't stick in a jar. It's too big. So anything we also stuck other things like if people got really big tummy tucks or something like big pieces of skin or anything that we couldn't fit in a jar would go in the fridge.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was the first question. I have so many as this starts to go, we're gonna have a million. What was the smell?
Speaker 4: It was like decomposition of these was a fridge bad?
Speaker 1: What was going on?
Speaker 4: The fridge was broken, and it was the legs had been overnight just based sitting in room temperature. And these legs are cut off most of the time anyway because the person has gangerine, so they already smell as it is, and then just yeah, just like not being refrigerated just further enhances the decomposition process. So that's what it was. It was the smell of decomposition.
Speaker 1: So you smelled that you saw that, and you were like, you know what this is for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the.
Speaker 4: Doctor that was running the pathology department was trying to talk me out of it. He's like, you come to work every day and you wear a clean coat and you sit at a cubicle and look at slides. You're going to have to touch poop blood. You're going to be dirty. And I was like, yeah, this is this, this is it?
Speaker 1: Is there anything at this point that can gross you out?
Speaker 4: Not really, like if I would get this is kind of crazy to think this. Getting an ampultated leg doesn't bother me at all. But sometimes they come with like maggots on them and stuff. Oh, and thinking about the fact that that was just attached to a person that was alive, really bob, And it makes me have this like skin crawley sensation that I have to go home and take a shower. But other than that, like, no, I not really.
Speaker 1: Does that mean the maggots were on the human one the human was alive.
Speaker 4: Yes, If you have a wound like a diabetic ulcer or something on your foot and flies can land on there and lay eggs, and maggots could hatch and sometimes you lose the feeling in your leg. And people that are older and it's the summer whatever, they don't have a caretaker. So yeah, I would get that leg. Like in surgical pathology, the person's still alive, they just had surgery to remove the leg, and it would have maggots on it still, Oh my god, and it's just yeah. I mean, I actually feel worse for nurses that have to take care of patients that have things like that and wrap their wound with a smile. Like at least in pathology you could be like, ugh, this is nasty.
Speaker 1: And you know, wait before we go any further here, drop your Instagram name so that people if they're listening to this and they also want to go check out your instagram and see some of the stuff that we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's my name, basically, it's missus and then underscore and G E M I.
Speaker 1: And there's some stuff on there. I was creeping through and thought, oh my goodness, you just do this every day, never any nightmares, never any issues with it.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 1: Does that scare your kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean the thing is is that my kids always because I don't let them have phones yet because they're nine and ten. But they always want to go on my phone, so they'll grab my phone and I have like eighty thousand photos on my phone, so they always come across something and they're like, what is that? But it's normal. Every one of my family knows that that's my life.
Speaker 1: So through all of this, I mean, you have to have learned so much about human anatomy, about crime. I'm sure in some ways do you guys ever dive into that and help figure out what happened to this person?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So part of our training for school was to do forensics, so we all spent time at the medical Examiner's office. I was there for one summer doing autopsies from homicides and suicides and accidents. Also in surgical pathology, people don't realize this a lot of times, so we do get friendsic specimens because people get shot all the time, but they survive. So they'll you know, cut out a piece of the small intestine and send it down to the lab and we have to look at the gunshot wound. Sometimes there's been a rare occasion where there was a projectile still inside of the bell or something that we have to then hand over to police and so it's it's cool. And also people get in accidents all the time. I was in Philadelphia, so one time we had a person that was run over by except the had an amputation, and so we would get like traumatic amputations too.
Speaker 1: So when you're doing all of this and you say, okay, let's recover maybe a bullet or something from this piece of whatever part of the body it was, do you guys ever help to actually solve the crime like they do on TV, like, oh, the medical examiner said, blah blah blah, so this is what must have happened or is that all just really hyped.
Speaker 4: Up for teams? No, it doesn't, it doesn't really work like that. Like we will put our findings of where we found an entrance wound or something like that, and then that would be like something they need to decide. Usually that's done by like a completely different crime lab or something like that, and investigators on that end. I would not particularly, I just say what I see and that's it, and they take that information and do what they want with it.
Speaker 1: So when you're watching I don't know, do you watch her crime? Do you watch you know any of these?
Speaker 4: Like well, my mom used to my mom and Dad used to watch CSI all the time, and I would just get up and walk. I'm just like, this is such bullshit, Like they would just do these things that would take normally months for people in an episode, and it just would annoy me.
Speaker 1: You know, when you hear celebrity stories about certain people who have passed away, do you have immediate guesses? I mean, there have been some crime scene photos that have come out which are very disturbing. But do you look at these things and think, oh, I know what went down over here?
Speaker 4: So I do every I have a website called the Grossroom dot com okay, and every week I do a celebrity death dissection. I say, and I go over a celebrity death and I go into detail, like what they found at the scene, like what the autopsy might look like like some of the finding because I get the autopsy reports most of them are public, and I just look and say, like, this is what their autopsy would have looked like, this is the things that we would have seen with this person. Every single time you'll hear someone, oh, they died a cardiac arrest, and then I'm like, yeah, no shit, their heart stopped. Oh wow, that's how they died. That's how everybody dies, Like, you don't die from what caused them to go into cardiac ress. Like I always want to know those questions. So yeah, I'm like always on it because it's very fascinating to me.
Speaker 1: So what are some of the more fascinating celebrity deaths? Because I think that there are a lot of people who don't understand until maybe just now exactly what you said. Cardiac arrest is kind of a cop out as far as your cause of death, because yeah, everybody's heart's going to stop, that's what kills you and your brain activity stopping, right, Yeah, So which celebrities have you been blown away by some of the stuff that Well?
Speaker 4: I just did a really interesting one last week on Mike Williams. He was an NFL player who died at thirty six years old, and that was kind of shocking because anytime anybody dies that you're young, you're like, what happened? Oh my god, they're younger than me. And here he had brain abscesses in his head and that is an infection like a collection of pus, and so whenever you see that at autopsy, you're gonna say, what caused this? Infection because normal, healthy young people especially do not just get infections like that in their brain. And then when they backtracked, they found that it stemmed from a tooth infection and really so he had like poor dental care. Wasn't just going getting cleanings and getting cavities filled, and ultimately that infection led to his brain infection and killed him. So I thought that that was it's interesting to cover that because a lot of people don't realize how important your teeth are and how they could kill you if you don't take care of them. So that was just one example of like one of the more interesting ones that I've covered.
Speaker 1: I mean, that just blew my mind. I had no idea that was even possible. I was thinking, oh, some type of CTE.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's it's cool to like because people the cases are more known and then you could really sit there and break it down and say what happened. It was like with Lisa Marie Presley, for instance, she had this small ball obstruction, and then you say, well, what would have caused small ball obstruction? And then you know that you when you have surgeries, you get scarring and adhesions just like you would get on your skin, and sometimes it could cause one of your organs, like you're intestine, to stick to the inside wall of your abdomen and then the poop can't flow through correctly anymore because it Think about like if you have a hose in your hand and you kink it, the water doesn't get through. It's the same kind of thing with your bow, and that could cause you to die.
Speaker 1: So you've got was it Mike Williams, Yeah, so he said, and Alisa Marie Presley. Have there been any other celebrity cases where it was reported one way and then when you look at the case, you think, this is actually very different than the way it was reported.
Speaker 4: Oh, for Bob Saggat, for example, that was a big thing that they were trying to say, you know that it was related to the COVID vaccine at first, and all this stuff that they went down that hill. And then when I heard that he had this, that he had this traumatic brain injury essentially, like I thought, okay, well that's what happened, like he had to have hit his head on something. And we discussed that, and there was lots of people online saying certain things, and I thought, like, no, you didn't you didn't look at the They were saying he had to be murdered, he had to be hit with a baseball bat or something significant, and I was just like, nah, dude, this is he bumped his head on the headboard or something. If his wife was there with him or something, or someone was with him, they would have noticed maybe that he wasn't okay and would have called and he could have went to the hospital and survived that. It just was a matter of being alone and going to sleep. And after something like that, God, how sad. Yeah, it is sad when stuff like that happened.
Speaker 1: So with all of your background in medicine and pathology, I'll say, how frustrated is it to you when things like that do happen where there's clear evidence of what went down, But then you have all the conspiracy theory people popping out of the woodwork and saying, well, obviously that was a complication of example, a COVID vaccine. Does that drive you nuts? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It does. I just try to I try to ignore it because I don't want to. I don't want to be like one of those troll type people that go on people's page and try to call them out that they're wrong or whatever. I'm just like my husband always is telling me, just worry about things that you have control over, you know, And it's something it's a constant lesson in my life to just try to ignore that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So, now, looking at all of these people who you deal in the dead, all these people who have died, do you ever take a look at someone who is living and say, I can see right now that there's something going on? Yeah, yeah, what are some of the biggest signs that you see or biggest red flags that you see in people who are alive?
Speaker 4: Still, just certain people, I'll look and see that if they have like a weird skin lesion. You could see if people have different kind of like swollen conditions in their legs. Like a lot of time to my followers will send me messages and say like, hey, what do you think about this? And then I'll start asking them lots of questions like I don't ever diagnose people or give people. I guess I would say I do give them medical advice as far as like you need to try to make it a doctor's appointment with this person. I don't ever say, like take this medicine or anything. I just try to guide them like where I think they need to go next, because they're not getting answers where they're currently at.
Speaker 1: So you know, that's very kind of you. It's also got to be exhausting.
Speaker 4: Well, I feel bad for people because people are going through stuff sometimes and I'll say, send me your your blood work and your CT work and I look at it and the answer is like pretty obvious to me, like where the next testing or something should be. But the way the medical system is set up, it's like you go to this doctor sometimes you need a referral for this doctor. You can't get into this doctor for six months. Like I wish there was a way to kind of cut the bullshit for people because people are suffering with stuff.
Speaker 1: I feel like I could quiz you about this stuff all day, not even quizzy. I'm just so fascinated by what it is that you're doing and all the things that you see every day. I mean, what's some of the strangest stuff that you've had to remove from either a body or a body part.
Speaker 4: So we people don't realize this either, but if you go to the emergency room, like if your kid swallows a quarter, they're gonna take the quarter out of the kid and send it to pathology. Everything that gets taken out. So if you get your implants switched out, we get the old implants. If you get a new hip replacement, we get the old hip replacement hardware taken from your back. And also we get really crazy stuff like like foreign bodies that usually men stick up their ass and like it gets stuck.
Speaker 1: Always men, right, and it's always but mostly men.
Speaker 4: It's always it's it's usually men, and it's usually men because they have a prostate land and it's like the clitterisa for a man. Right, So like they just instead of us just talking about like men like butt whole pleasures, like we can't. So they have to do these secret things like stick shampoo bottles in their ass and it gets sucked up and they have to go to the emergency room.
Speaker 1: First of all, a shampoo bottle is insane.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, a shampoo bottle is the one of the common ones.
Speaker 1: Though I've gotten yes in the shower. I guess you're like feeling kind of free. Yeah, if there's a mass, you can clean it well.
Speaker 4: Also, you're not ordering a dildo online or going to a store and buying one it's embarrassing and and and that's you see that type of stuff in like the older dudes especially because it's like they're not into the hole. You could order this on the internet and it comes in a white box and like nobody knows what it is sing but believe it or not, Like this entire time, of all these foreign bodies that I got at the hospital, I only got a dildo one time, and it had a wide base and a suction cup on it too. But it's still and it was really long, but it's just it got all the way up there like covered in poop and everything. Still they don't clean it off. It's like, but I've gotten like really like lots of vegetab obviously, like cucumbers and stuff people would use. But I got it like a half eatn pair once. What it's just like crazy shit flashlights like just people just just crazy stuff. It's the very first one I got was a traveled toothbrusholder and it was on it like and I don't know, I didn't know anything about it when I first started and I looked at it. It was like a seventy five year old guy and I was like, what, why would he put this up his butt and then I had to get the lesson of like why guys like that? So I was like, okay, cool, learn something new every day. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do most of these people make it through?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I.
Speaker 4: Mean they they and and talking to the er nurses and stuff a lot, they all come in and say they have like these crazy stories of how they like fell on it. They they never just say, hey, I was pleasure in myself and it went wrong and I couldn't get it out. It's there's always like this story with it. But yeah, they I mean I imagine it's incredibly embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Oh sure.
Speaker 4: I mean sometimes it's more difficult to and that because if it's really large and they don't feel like they could safely pull it out, they have to go in and sometimes cut the colon open and take it out, and that it's a major surgery at that point.
Speaker 1: So the PSA here would be just by the sex toy, it's probably safe, and the cucumber.
Speaker 4: The wide based sex toy would be the most would be like the safest. I would think, like, you don't think about this until if when I say this, you'll think about this, like when you have to poop. Right, Sometimes if you can't go to the bathroom, like the feeling goes away, right. Yeah, Well that that it like sucks it back up out of the canal where it's supposed to come out of. So if you put a foreign object up there, it will suck it in and you can't get it out. So you just you just have to be careful. Really, you want one that you could like install against the wall that's just like not going.
Speaker 1: Anywhere, Yes, exactly, bolted down. Yeah, have you ever seen something wild that's actually killed somebody.
Speaker 4: You've had so many cases of people swallowing things that you would think because not only do you have you obviously have the foreign bodies from the rectum, but also you have people that have mental health issues. So they're like we had this guy that he would swallow broken shards of glass, screws, and tips of knives, like he actually would cut the tips of knives aufih And we would get them like every week from the same guy. He would get the procedure done, get them removed, and I got a butter knife from someone's esophagus one time, pens from someone's esophagus. Now that you think of this, I'm thinking of a story that was on the news a couple of weeks ago that there was this girl who said that she had been eating Thanksgiving dinner and she choked on the turkey and she tried to get it out and ended up swallowing an entire toothbrush. And I called bullshit on that right away, because I was like, no, that's something that's seen with people that are bollimic. They use like larger objects because their fingers don't do the job anymore to make the gag reflex happen. And I've gotten lots of things like long items like butter knives and pens and things that from people that were had bolima.
Speaker 1: What about as far as as far as death goes, when you see young people who were fairly healthy for the most part, we're not talking about cancer. What is the most common cause that you encounter.
Speaker 4: Obesity one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And and when you say obesity, I mean obviously would be complications from that, so like high cholesterol.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's usually their heart it's it's like a heart failure thing, just all of their organs covered in visceral fat, which is fat on the organs. It just made your your organs don't work as well when they're covered in this heavy coating of the fat not only insulates, but it just it restricts the heart from moving correctly. And yeah, I had a guy too that he had he was really morbidly obese and he just dropped out. He was thirty some years old. And then when I was doing the autopsy, I found all these huge lymph nodes in his armpits and here yet lymphoma, but like he wouldn't even have been able to know it because he was just so large. Like I'm not even sure. I kept feeling from the outside like if I was a physician or even him to see if I could know that that was there. And there was just so much fat in the chest that you couldn't even feel these huge lymph nodes that on an average sized person would be glaring at it at a physician's appointment. And I get allow of shit on Instagram because people say a fat shame and everything. I just don't I don't care because I'm like, I'll just tell you what I see and like it's not it's not how it's not healthy. Like I'm not trying to say your body doesn't look good. The inside of your body doesn't look good, Like I don't care what the outside of your body looks like.
Speaker 1: So so for you have you know, obviously seeing these different things, has it made you live your life differently, eat differently?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I try to be I and I get better as time goes on. Like I really I don't drink because I think alcohol is a huge issue too, especially for people in our age range.
Speaker 1: Like you say our age range, which age range are you're talking to? For the people who well, I'm forty four, okay, so I got you, like you're thirty.
Speaker 4: I'm just preserved from all the formaldehyde. That's all. But I would say like people that are like like thirty to fifty, Like it's just like this. I talk to people all the time, and I think a lot of people are actually alcoholics and don't even realize it. Just the amount of alcohol that's just constantly being consumed casually anymore, it's poison in your body. So it's I'm just kind of not into it. And it also I'm not into it for other reasons, like I want to function the next day, like I have a schedule. I don't I like to sleep well, things like that. But yeah, as far as eating goes too, like, I really am trying, especially now since I have little ones too, Like I try to cook for the most part, I cook us like scratch dinners because I am I'm scared of the increased risk of colon cancer and younger people now is it's like it has to be directly correlated to our food. So you are what you eat kind of thing, you know. So I'm just trying to stay on top of that. Then the same with my weight, Like I'm like a normal person. I've gone through three pregnancies, I've been up to two hundred and some pounds. It's a struggle for me every day. I want to eat ice cream all day, like and cupcakes and everything else, right, but I know what it does. So I have this rule that like I'm good at this size. I'm like wear size ten or size twelve. I'm like an average weight and everything higher end of average. And as soon as my pants start getting tight, I reel it in. I won't go. That's like the biggest word of advice I have is like, don't go buy a bigger pair of pants, because when you could reel it in and lose five pounds. You could do that easily yourself if you just restrict for like two weeks, and if you let it go, then now you have like an extra ten or fifteen pounds you could put on in that new size, and then that's way harder to lose. It's just reel it in.
Speaker 1: What about smoking?
Speaker 4: Smoking is just off limits completely, Like I will tell everybody that it's just the most horrible thing you could do, because it doesn't just cause lung cancer, causes like seven other kinds of cancers too, and cardiovascular diseased everything. It's just horrible for you.
Speaker 1: And are you talking cigarettes or weed or both? Because I know so many people who smoke weed. I smoke a little weed myself, who will try and convince you it's not as bad.
Speaker 4: The biggest thing is it's like when you burn anything, it changes the composition of that. So let's talk about nine to eleven for example, Like if you walk by those buildings all the time and stuff, nobody's getting cancer from just breathing in around the buildings. But when you set them on fire along with whatever was added to it, jet fuel, whatever, all of a sudden, that's a carcinogen. And that's why all those firefighters and first responders got cancer from being on that site around that stuff all the time. And I've had I used to be that weed person because I love smoking weed. I haven't done it in three or four years now, like at all, because I just am starting to see how that was. Like this whole no one's ever died from weed, nothing's and and now you're starting to learn that that is not the truth. And there's I feel like it was inducing anxiety on me. There's lots of studies showing that it could cause psychosis as you get older and all this stuff, and that was why I got off of it. And another thing I have to say about that too, is when they say that people are getting cancer and stuff from cigarettes. Weed has only been like okay to say out loud to your doctor in the past couple of years. If they said to you, even when we were in our twenties, like do you do you do at recreational drugs, you would probably say no to your doctor because you're scared you're gonna get in trouble or something or.
Speaker 1: They're gonna judge you. Yeah, I don't want to feel that.
Speaker 4: So how do we really know if people were smoking weed this whole time, if they were getting lung cancer from it or or not. Like you just don't you don't really know. I think that now that it's legal most places and now we could kind of monitor it a little bit more and people are more open to saying that they use it. We'll see what happens in ten years from now.
Speaker 1: You were mentioning that when somebody takes something out of a body, whether it's a breast implant or a bullet, it comes to you, guys, and you take a look at it. Are you seeing an increase in breast cancer? What are they calling an implant.
Speaker 4: Disease breast implant illness? You're saying yes, So it does seem like it's a real thing that every person doesn't experience. And a lot of these things that come up, like fatigue and stuff. It's women will get breast in plants when they're twenty and then when they're thirty five they start saying they feel fatigue it's from their implants and this and that. You're like, well that happens when you're thirty five. Sure, So there's like this back and forth thing with it. But there are people that get them taken out and don't get them replaced. And when I first started working in pathology, I would get a lot of these, like the old school ones that used to cause problems that ruptured. They were crazy because they were made with like silicone almost like glue stuff that you would get like home depot inside the bag. So when they ruptured and we would just take them out to examine them, it was so sticky it would stick to our floor. We didn't have any chemicals to even clean it up, because think about getting glue all over the place, Like, how do you clean that up if you don't have special solvents to get it up.
Speaker 1: And that's just inside your body.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was leaking inside these women's bodies. So now now they're solidified silicones, so even if they rupture, they kind of stay in one place and they don't cause as many problems. But yeah, I mean people again, people don't realize that women have problems with these things all the time.
Speaker 1: With the rise of cosmetic surgery, things like BBLS, butt shot, silicone injects or you know, filler injections, all that kind of stuff are using an increase in people dying and getting sick because of that.
Speaker 4: I haven't personally seen that, but we just did. We did another celebrity death disseection a couple a couple of weeks ago on a celebrity who died as a result of getting a BBL. There there was a lot of medical medical examiners and surgeons got together because there was such an increase in these deaths. It's the highest cause of death in plastic surgery.
Speaker 1: The BBL. Yeah, yeah, and wait, can you just for a second, will you explain what the BBL is.
Speaker 4: So a BBL is a Brazilian butt lift and it became popular with like Kardashian people and stuff. And what they do is they take fat from one area of your body and transfer it to another area of your body. And they're supposed to do it on a certain plane over your gluteous maximus muscle. So it because if you go within the muscle, there's a risk that you could hit the gluteal artery and then the fat then could get into your body and cause an embolism. It could travel around and get stuck in your lung, just like a blood clock could.
Speaker 1: And with the surgery there's a higher propensity for that to happen if the.
Speaker 4: Surgeon's not good. Okay, The thing is is that they have these clinics that they set up and they do way more procedures a day than they showed in doctors are rushing, they might not have the best training, and that seemed to be what happened in her kind of case too. And but it's a bunch of surgeons and medical examiners got together and like dissected these people that died from this to find out like exactly what happened. And they would cut through the gluteus maximus muscle and see like fat embedded in there, which means that they were sticking the tool like way too deep, which would probably give you like a more desired effect. So that's like another that would probably look better as far as a surgery standpoint, but it's way more dangerous and any like respectable surgeon probably would touch that because it's so risky.
Speaker 1: You know, you go by, I will let you say it.
Speaker 4: And it's Latin, oh yeah, more to ivivo stocent, which means the dead teach the living.
Speaker 1: Because how would we learn about anything, how would we know what to stay away from if we didn't see all of these so as much as it creeps people out and it breaks people out, it's so important. And I'm really glad that people like you were doing it because I know I couldn't. I know, we talked about what the most common cause of death in young people would be. What is the most common cause of death just in general?
Speaker 4: I don't really know. I don't really want to say, because I don't know. Statistics wise, I would say, do you see the most It's difficult because if someone has cancer and has stage four cancer and they go home and they're dying and they're on hospice, there's a high probability that we would never autopsy them because we don't do autopsies on everyone that dies, because it just would be impossible because so many people die every day. I know everybody thinks that people just started dying during COVID, but like they've been dying all They've been dying, yes, for a long time, every day. So usually, especially hospital autopsies are driven by the family, like they want to know what happened to their loved one. And if you know that your loved one has the stage four pancreas cancer and that's when they're dying, like why why give them an autopsy? So even though we do see cancer, sometimes at autopsy it's it's not really a good representation of like how many people are actually dying from cancer. And then other times we get just interesting cases of people that might have been sick in the hospital for a couple of weeks and they really didn't know what was going on with them, and then we did the autopsy and figured it out. A lot of times, if a person's really sick, they can't do really invasive biopsies and stuff to figure out what's going on because they're just too stick to get in a seizure or something.
Speaker 1: I was in the hospital for a couple weeks over the summer. Oh and yeah, so it was an issue with my kidney that to this day we're not one hundred percent shore exactly how it happened or why it happened. When Andrew came to give me this book, we opened it just to a random page and it was on the kidney page. Oh wow, and both of us just kind of stopped for a second, like, I don't know if this means anything or what this means, but that's crazy. And that's when I started flipping through and seeing all these other things and then telling myself I have all of these issues, which hopefully I don't. But the book is fascinating. It's Nicole and Jemmy's Anatomy Book, a catalog of familiar, rare, and unusual pathologies. How long did this take you?
Speaker 4: It took It took a couple of years. Honestly, I'm thick. It wasn't the writing that took the long time. It was the getting everything I wanted and communicating with people, interviewing because there's over one hundred cases in the book, and I interviewed every single person, had to get them to fill out like photo release forms, and so I did a through z all of your body parts. And then I had to find cases for all of those body parts, and some of them were more obscure and not as easy to find.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite couple cases in here?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I do. This girl was in a car accident, which anybody woman was in a car accident, anybody could understand that. But her arm got pinned in the car and they said basically like we can't move this car. We have to cut your arm off right here, oh right there, yes, like like on the scene and I thought, oh my god, like people need to read this because this is this is insane. Think about you being wide awaken, them telling you like we're going to have to end a surgeon there to cut your arm off right now. I just can't even imagine what you would mentally go through. She learned how to tie her shoes with one arm, like just amazing stories of She sent me a video of for self tying a shoe and she just has this attitude like now I'm gonna figure that out. I'm gonna do that, and I love that. That's the kind of stuff I wanted to share.
Speaker 1: It's this book is fascinating. I thank you. It's one of those I want to leave on my coffee table just so people pick it up and start flipping through, like what the fuck is that? Oh my god, But I know our time is up. I could probably talk to you for a thousand hours, but instead I will tell everybody else to follow you at missus n Jemmy on Instagram. You can google the Gross Room to find her website, and she also has a podcast called Mother Knows Death. I have a feeling I'm gonna be seeing you and hearing from you a whole lot more. Thank you, Andrew, Were you happy with that?
Speaker 3: Everything?
Speaker 2: I wanted more?
Speaker 1: Your brain actually fascinates me because you seem so happy and like life is so amazing, everything's wonderful. And then you have all these little, dark, twisted sides of you. Yeah, that you hide so well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 1: Signs of a serial killer. I want to say that you're on a podcast serial killers.
Speaker 3: Oh, cereal with the sea, right, cereal with the sea.
Speaker 1: But we know what I was talking about. Anyway, Time for the Burned Book.
Speaker 3: I've been loving this segment so much.
Speaker 1: The two people that we burned were somehow ourselves and Kevin.
Speaker 2: G the clownery.
Speaker 1: The Clownery. Indeed, the burn Book in itself is just trash, but I love it. Like what small minor inconvenience is pissing you off today? Let me tell you know who I want to put on my burn Book.
Speaker 4: I know you know this.
Speaker 1: I was gonna have a guest on the show. She goes by Elizabeth Ovison now formerly known as Kurr and Stephens. If you were around in the early two thousands and read trashy books like I did, she had a series called Confessions of a video vixen.
Speaker 3: My sister was obsessed with that book series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fascinating, Andrew. I can't tell you how many times I will like drop a reference from these books because they're so crazy, and she never got sued for any of it, So you think, okay, this stuff is true.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I was so obsessed with those books back when they came out. I think I read all three of them in like one bath. It's an easy read, fascinating one bath. So when I saw that she was online and now she's under a different name, what are you laughing?
Speaker 2: I've never heard of a bath as a measurement of time.
Speaker 1: Now you have one bath all three bam, bam bam, just knock them out. So it might have gotten cold. I don't know, but I was in there. That's how. That's specifically how I remember reading those books. So I saw she's kind of done this like reinvention of herself, and she's got this sort of blog and like women's help self help thing going on. Then I thought, okay, this is interesting. I love to see a good plot twist, a turn in life, people evolving going from one thing to another. So I reached out to her to say, hey, you want to be on this podcast. She was like, yeah, absolutely to do it. You saw these emails back and forth. We decided we were going to lock down a day. She changed the data a couple times. She actually wanted to fly in from LA to sit in here and do the podcast, which I love that. I'm not going to stop anyone. She said she had some other business here. All good. Change the data a couple times, no problem, I live here. We can do it whenever you want. Now, when we do these things, we ask people to send us a one sheet. And a one sheet is.
Speaker 3: It's basically just a bio picture.
Speaker 2: Tell us a little bit about your current projects, right.
Speaker 1: She sent us novels of things. There were like seventeen different projects. The bio was pages and pages long. There was a lot going on. So I asked her a few days before, hey, you think you could just send us a one sheet of what's going on? And she didn't do it. Not a big deal. Now we're getting ready for the morning of she's been in town. We see her posting on Instagram that she's in New York, and I say to her, because there was some stuff going on behind the scenes here, Hey, how long are you in town because that specific day we were missing like three people from the show. Things were a little chaotic. I said, hey, if you're in town and you can do this tomorrow, let's do it tomorrow. Things got a little bit careaotic behind the scenes here. But if you can't, no problem. Still happy to make it work. I'm excited to see you, she says, awesome, I'll see you in a few minutes. Fast forward, getting ready to do this interview, I opened my email a gasp. I got basically told off by this woman, and the reasoning was bizarre. Hold on, let me pull up the email. Andrew, do you want to do the dramatic recreation or should I scream?
Speaker 2: You scrumped this scream.
Speaker 1: I was like, whoa, why this is insane.
Speaker 2: I just remember when you got the message, you were like.
Speaker 1: What it was crazy? Okay, you do it. You're way better at dramatic readings.
Speaker 2: I like that your arms are so short that you can't Andrew.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now keep in mind, last email from her was great, see you in a few minutes and roll.
Speaker 2: Hi, Mada.
Speaker 3: To be frank, I'm unnerved by the quote unquote chaotic circumstances You've described and Frank, I wish you had never exposed me to that energy. It's unusual at best to rattle a guest before in appearance. I'm also not quite sure if you even know who I am or which topics you'd.
Speaker 4: Like to cover.
Speaker 1: Mam, I do, and I do.
Speaker 3: I sent you everything you needed to know weeks ago, but still don't feel as if you're prepared or organize.
Speaker 2: Although I came here.
Speaker 3: Specifically for this interview, I'm now thinking it was a mistake based on your last minute communications, and I've decided to forego the interview.
Speaker 1: I got told off by the way. Her nickname was Superhead. I got told off by Superhead in an email for being unprepared and chaotic. She said I never should have brought her that energy. I okay, fine, maybe not. I've learned for the future, but let me just say I know the energy she's been around. We all read these books. That was not the thing that should have knocked her off her game. But here we are, and that is why I am flaming. Elizabeth Ovison Akakren Stephan's aka Superhead. Welcome to your burn glued and done done, and now we get to the ask me anything you want to go through on.
Speaker 3: Let me see what I have for you, all right, so for your ask me anything? Okay, so many great questions. This one comes from h war gag I eleven.
Speaker 1: That sounds like not a bot, totally not.
Speaker 2: How many tattoos do you have?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: How many do you think I have? Andrew? I'll just ask you this four Ooh, you're one short. I have three at the moment, I want to get two more. I have the places picked out, and all of my tattoos are in places where nobody would see them unless I wanted them to. So I have one on my hip, I have one on my left butt cheek, and I have one that's pretty big that goes across my heart. And I love all of them except the one on my hip, which is absolutely jail house trash.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: It was a bad idea, but it was a good idea at the moment. So you know, I have a boyfriend who passed away while we were dating, and I thought it would be a wonderful idea to get his nickname tattooed on me when I was in a state of morning and really not thinking clearly, so I went to this little shitty place in Fort Lauderdale Beach and the guy was like, yeah, no problem, like smoking a cigarette, Yeah, no problem, And he just like hand wrote it in cursive. It is the ugliest, shittiest tattoo ever. It's his nickname, so his Hadji from I forget what the cartoon was because I never watched it. Uh, Johnny Quest, Does that sound right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Haiji from Johnny Quest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was Hodgi from Johnny Quest. So it says my Hodgie. And it's just written terribly. I think it's like, you know how they kind of bleed after a while. It's green, it's not even black anymore. It's so bad. I'm going to get it fixed. Our buddies at ink said whatever you want, like, come in, we'll take care of it. We do this stuff all the time. You could even laser it off. I don't want to laser it off. I want it to be there. I just wanted to evolve. Got it from the piece of shit Jill House tattoo that it is the other one is an um sign, and then the one across my heart says this too shall pass. But it looks like a radio wave and a heartbeat together, and it's got a little bit of drippy blood on it. Oh yeah, and nobody will ever see it unless I want them to.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Thanks and that's our ask me anything.
Speaker 2: That was so fun And.
Speaker 1: That wraps up the podcast. So episode three Andrew.
Speaker 2: In the Books done. I'm so god he hates someone. I say that.
Speaker 1: You want to say Hi, Scott bye? Oh my gosh, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Nope? Bye?
Speaker 1: Okay, And on that note, we're out of here.
Speaker 3: Follow you on at Baby Hot Sauce. Yes, make sure you like, subscribe, make sure you review this podcast, share it with your friends. The response has been so amazing. You've gone so many downloads. The first couple of episodes been awesome.
Speaker 2: It going.
Speaker 1: Everyone is awesome. Yes, we'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Bye bye