Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 1: At the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchison.
Speaker 2: Well surprise everybody, Happy Victory Friday. Welcome to Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Jessnavar is Aisha Morris and Christie Scales here in the s w p BC podcast. Oh my goodness, a little rusty with this hosting.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's been a minute. Nicole is out today.
Speaker 5: She will be back next week.
Speaker 2: So in the meantime, you guys get to deal with the puns on puns on puns. I have to make Nicole proud while she's gone, So don't you worry.
Speaker 4: I wrote some down. I will not let up today. I will make her proud with that. Ladies.
Speaker 2: Cowboys are now two and two of the season as they defeat the GMN twenty to fifteen. Did we all go back and check our final score predictions? How close were we?
Speaker 4: How close. Were we not?
Speaker 6: Think I had it twenty eight twenty Is that right something?
Speaker 5: It sounds yeahs were right in there.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I was a little bit over in my prediction in terms of points scored, but it was fairly close to the ratio of the win. Do you remember that, it was like we were almost identical.
Speaker 7: I oh no, I think it was like twenty three twenty seven something like that.
Speaker 9: So now I was less than it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you have put the scoring. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I had the Giants like twenty or something like that, the Cowboys like twenty three something. I know I was twenty twenty three because they were only averaging.
Speaker 6: Wait, I'm the only one that picked Cowboys that came.
Speaker 4: I picked the Cowboys. But twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies, very low scoring game. But I guess the biggest storylines to come out of this week those injuries man one after another after another.
Speaker 4: You hate to see it.
Speaker 2: And then we'll get into the penalties as well, since that was another big storyline of the game. Christy, I'm gonna go to you for this one, because the two biggest injuries out of the game, obviously to Marcus Lawrence and Micah Parsons. There was some updates from various sources around Twitter that Mike is dealing with a high ankle spring and that DeMarcus Lawrence will be out for a few weeks TBD on how long with a foot injury?
Speaker 4: Christy on the sideline view for both of those, What did you.
Speaker 6: See well with DeMarcus Lawrence? At first, I was hopeful that he might get back in the game because when he came over to the sideline and it was obviously they were looking at his left foot and they had removed the sock and the shoe and they were checking on him and then took him to the locker room. And it was not long after that he returned to the bench area with a shoe on and was down in the bench area going through movements where you get down in the stance and come up out of the stance. He was testing that foot to see if he could fire off right, if he could move and move laterally and everything. And so he did that for a couple of minutes, and then he went to the training table which is just behind the bench, and they removed the shoe in the sock again and taped it up and put the shoe back on, and then he was standing on the sideline with his helmet, not sitting on the bench, but literally standing on the sideline as if he were ready to go back in. But he never re entered the game. And then with Micah, you know, he really couldn't put any weight. That was late in the fourth quarter, and he really couldn't put any weight on that left foot ankle, as he needed to be helped to the sideline. They took him immediately to the blue medical tent and then within I could see probably a minute and a half two minutes later, I can see they walkie talkie and call for the cart to come out from the tunnel. And so when I see the walkie talking, I'm thinking, oh, oh, here comes the cart. So he really it's only like two steps from the blue medical tent onto the cart, and he wasn't moving real well to get on it. So I thought, uh, oh, this could be at least a few weeks. But you know, he had a like a wrap with the ice on it in the locker room after the game, and then I saw him wearing shoes on the on the team flight home. But you know, it's a whole different thing when you wake up the next morning and then you go get the MRI. So with a high ankle spring, that's something that can sign sideline you. Just as you said, at least a few weeks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, and then I would assume some of the adrenaline goes away and stuff.
Speaker 9: He's probably feeling it.
Speaker 7: And also to Micah, through his collegiate career and obviously the start of his career with the Cowboys, like he's been able to play through quite a bit, but this doesn't feel this clearly wasn't something he could playthrough. So in regard to DeMarcus Lawrence, man, like listen, I think coming into this season, I was mentioned in that that I was worried about the d in depth with the past rush and so this is it's disappointing. But specifically with DeMarcus Lawrence, He's had quite a few injuries with his feet and so this kind of being a reoccurring thing with him, I'm sure is disheartening for him. But it also too feet are delicate things when it comes to this game, and I think, like depending on how severe this is and stuff like that, like it, it just doesn't feel good for where he is in his career and.
Speaker 9: This is his last year on this contract.
Speaker 6: Yes, Christy, Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So it's a lot of feels.
Speaker 7: So when you mentioned to me him standing on the sideline with this helmet and stuff like, I just wonder what he was thinking.
Speaker 9: I wonder what he was feeling and things like.
Speaker 7: That, because this is a pivotal time and towards the you know, in his career. So yeah, well, I'm sure we're going to talk about the actual game and everything, but for him as a person, I feel for him as a person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's the heart and soul of the defense. I know Micah is the superstar and Trayvon is a huge star as well, but the heart and soul, the hustle of the defense is DeMarcus Lawrence. The dirty work. I'm not saying that the other guys don't do dirty work, because they do, but DeMarcus Lawrence consistently, he is the dog of the defense. Yeah, and the unquestioned leader. And I know that coach McCarthy has team captains on a week to week, game by game basis and not for the whole season, but I don't think there's any question that d law is the leader of the defense and one of the best leaders on the entire entire team, not just defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I wanted to ask you Christy, since you were there, did you think and again from my perspective on the broadcast, I don't know if you can.
Speaker 4: Attest to this as well.
Speaker 2: Obviously there was some rain in the forecast beforehand. Was that impacting? Do you feel kind of how this game went injury wise? Because those weren't the only two I mean between the flags and the timehouse for injuries. I mean, it was one after another after another. Do you feel like that contributed to it? Because we'll get into the tackling later, but overall, how did you feel like those grounds?
Speaker 6: It was muggy. Yeah, I think that the temperature at kickoff was probably like seventy five or seventy six, But it was humid because it didn't rain in the afternoon, but it had rained earlier in the day. It had rained the day before, so everything was like moist and then even just the everything was I always used the word clousy, cloudy and lousy. It was clousy outside, very overcast, good and the air was kind of heavy. But the thing is at the meadow Lands whenever we play the Giants or the Jets up there, winds, you know, that's always a factor. It was completely still yesterday, not even a breeze down there, which is good for your special teams, because I remember remarking in the pregame, I can't remember a game at the meadow Lands where weather, even just wind was not going to be a factor in the game because it affects special teams particularly. But it was completely still yesterday, which made it feel even muggier and hotter. So they actually had the cooling fans going on the sideline during the game, I assume on the Giant sideline as well. But we saw that Trayvon Diggs cramped up there in the fourth quarter and ended up going in for an IV. He was backed by the next series, so we only missed a few plays. And then Marris Leathol that was early in the third quarter, just a little bit of cramping up, and he returned later in the same series, so just missed a couple of plays. Frankly, I'm surprised that more players didn't have to be treated for dehydration.
Speaker 7: So yeah, is that is that because of the humidity or the lack of air.
Speaker 6: It just felt it was still and then it was muggy, and so you just didn't really have a lot of circulation. Just the air just felt heavy because it was so humid.
Speaker 9: That's sice.
Speaker 2: And what's interesting is you go back to week one and there was a lot of cramping dehydration issues to which you know, I was told it was being addressed at that point by the team to figure out. So it's interesting now your you're two road games and cramping and dehydration has been an issue for both. So I'm not sure if they need to readdress that or we need to drink more water.
Speaker 4: So reminder of anything. If you're watching, everybody drink more water please.
Speaker 6: So uh, here's a tip. I think I've shared this on the show before, but maybe it was last year. If you're ever on an NFL sideline and you decide you're going to raid the gatorade cooler and pull out one of the bottles of gatorade, If it has a piece of white tape on the side of the gatorade, that means it's spiked with pedlite for extra you know, it's an extra way to get hydrated. So so if someone's cramping up or getting dehydrated. You'll see them over there slamming those right. It's got the extra stuff in it. So I made the Ricky mistake many years ago of I'm just gonna grab one of the garrets, like, oh my goodness in this and I saw the white tape and I'm like, oh, now, I know what that means.
Speaker 2: Well, a little extra there, and a little extra on the penalty side a thing are usual. I'm gonna defer to you for this one. Eleven penalties for eighty nine yards. I think I had nightmares of the officiating crew throwing the penalty flags. I'm not gonna lie to you. What did you see when you were watching this game? Was it the officiating? Was it the lack of discipline? Is it somewhere in the middle. What did you see from how the Cowboys played? Were all of them warranted thoughts?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I would say somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 7: As far as how the game was called and some of the calls, I think this is something we're starting to see specifically with like Thursday night games, like the pacing and everything is this is kind of the norm at this point. But I will say as far as the Cowboys, the pre snat penalties were things like these are things they're doing to themselves, jumping off sides and stuff like that. But in regard to some of the holds, I do think that some of this needs to be revisited because when you're from what I'm noticing is that defensive ends are ripping through and they're not calling this as a hold anymore. I think it's I think it's kind of reminds me of in basketball when when guys grabbed the ball and.
Speaker 9: They just ripped through to draw the foul.
Speaker 7: It's the same concepts in the sense of the rest aren't calling it anymore. And quite honestly, I can't explain it, like I feel like that gives advantage to the offense in a way, like why wouldn't you call it? But anyway, I just think that I looked at some of the holding calls. Tyler Goton had two huge ones in this game, and you go look at them and you just like I mean, and the problem is it's the it's the rip no that's giving him trouble, and that's why he's holding because his hands number one. His hand placement is something we've talked about, something that coming out of the draft people were worried about anyway. But and I also believe he's reliners recovering a little bit too much. But this the penalties in regard to holds right now, I'm not it's not consistent with how they're calling it. And I just think it that I'm sure that if I'm sure, they're going to go back and look at this game and I because it was so many penalties on both sides.
Speaker 9: I mean, but yeah, that's what I saw.
Speaker 10: I thought that the some of the officiating.
Speaker 9: Was confusing, to say the least.
Speaker 7: But as far as the Cowboys go, it's hard to not say like this is who they are when the fact that like penalties are something that have kind of carried with them through this time. It's like this is is this just a part of what this team is, is that they're going to be highly penalized, despite some of them being like what the heck?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 2: I go back to as I remember Tyler Smith's rookie year, he was the most penalized player on the team as well. So I kind of am interested to dig a little more into the similarities of why these rookie linemen specifically under Mike McCarthy, the Mike McCarthy era have so much trouble, you know, not getting those pre snap penalties. And I remember the Tyler's first year when I asked him about it, he said, it's on me.
Speaker 4: It's on me.
Speaker 2: But it's hard to not see a pattern here when you have two very young, you know, linemen.
Speaker 4: At the time, Tyler was a rookie.
Speaker 2: Now other Tyler is a rookie too now dealing with these penalties, but again he had a handful to be dealing with. And overall, Christy, I mean, you look at those penalties.
Speaker 4: It was rough.
Speaker 2: I mean, stopping the game that much. It's something you don't want to see. And usually you're not going to win a game with eleven penalties, So.
Speaker 6: Right, there were more than eleven because there were at least three that were off setting or not accepted, and only four on the Giants. There were more, there were more, but again offsetting. But yes, it did affect the flow of the game because there was no flow. It was all fits and starts. And I know that we're saying, well, you know, look at these run game numbers. Man, they said it was better, but they still need to pick it up. What about like the nine yard run by Zeke which gets nullified. I think there was a good one by Rico to the side one outside. So you know, what you have to look at is not the eleven penalties for eighty nine yards. You have to look at hidden yardage. So if you have a holding, let's use a Zeke nine yard run that gets nullified. First of all, you wipe away the nine yards right, and you're backed up ten yards for the holding penalty. That's nineteen hidden yards on that one play. So now you're let's pretend it was first down, it's second, it's first and twenty instead of that. So with your nineteen yards in hidden yardage, and the old football axiom is that one hundred hidden yards equals a touchdown. So I see eighty nine yards on the stat sheet, but I'd say it was more like one hundred and fifty yards at least in hidden yards. And that's about nine or ten points right there. And so but the other thing was there. I don't know that we've ever seen that much laundry on the field, because there were times where two kidding two cowboy, you know, they had their choice between Bebe and Tyler Smith. And poor Bebe ends up with the penalty instead of Tyler, so it goes against his stat sheet. But oh my gosh, and same thing with the Giants. There were times where there were two flags out on the field for something they'd so yes, it was very frustrating, and you can even feel it with the fans. The fans were booing, you know, just just the fact that that that the officiating crew was so involved in. But at the same time, well, but I would say most of them were warranted, really.
Speaker 2: Well, and some were uncalled or called on the wrong opponent because that should really be twelve when you go back and look at the demo face mask that it was called not on him, but I mean, you would have added another penalty in fifteen yards to your point there, What I wanted to ask you guys, and I'll go to you Aisha first, is what does this win mean for the Cowboys?
Speaker 4: Did you see improvement?
Speaker 2: Is this, you know, kind of a starting line for more to come?
Speaker 4: Where are you now?
Speaker 2: You know, a mini bye week, two more weeks until your bye the real bye week, and you have pretty tough opponents coming up in the Steelers and the Lions.
Speaker 4: What does this win mean for this team these next couple of weeks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean when they needed it, they needed to kind of put some pen to paper and be able to see some things actually come to fruition on the field. But you mentioned, you know this latter part, this part of the season. Quite honestly, this this might be one of your hardest parts, if not the hardest part of your season as far as the opponents you're gonna face. So getting this many by as you mentioned, to get as healthy as possible, but also to going into this time with some some things you can kind of say, Okay, we did better. And that's kind of what I was looking for in this game is I thought the I thought the pass blocking was was better this game. I thought the run blocking was better this game. Some of the duo combo stuff they were doing was better this game.
Speaker 9: We saw the.
Speaker 7: Defense defend the run better, just certain things that you've kind of been looking for.
Speaker 9: I thought that there was some.
Speaker 7: Tangible information that you could take from the game and say, how do we apply this, How do we apply this to the next game, How do we you know, translate this.
Speaker 9: To the next game. So for me, I think that they can walk.
Speaker 7: Away saying like, Okay, there are some things we do well and there's still some things we don't do well. Sounds like that's how it was in the locker room. That was kind of the sentiment that they weren't saying hoorah whatever, but they were like, Okay, we we did some things right, but we need to still do things better.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And I would also say there's there's relief too. This one. I was relief because I think everyone knew it was. Yeah. And for I know that there are some I won't say haters, but you know me, no median fans that that you know, no they that qualify wins in the NFL by you know that you have to win with style points or oh it's just the Giants. A win is a win. It's not win w P you won pretty or WU one ugly, it doesn't matter. A win is a win. And did you see the previous two weeks wreck? Yeah, so so it was. I think it was a very important win.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And to your point, Ayisha, so much improvement in areas, particularly the run game. Now that just gives me a run defense.
Speaker 2: Yes, look what I did not want to endure this week for the next ten days is dealing with talking about a loss to the Giants, and not only that selfishly, but going into that locker room and seeing the deflation that that would have created, because let's call it what it is, losing three weeks in a row would have done something morally, I think, to this team.
Speaker 4: And so for me.
Speaker 2: I'm just glad that they have their starting line.
Speaker 4: This is not where you want to.
Speaker 2: Be because obviously, like you just said, there's a lot that needs to continue to improve. But also there were some younger guys that had some flashes we'll talk about later that I was like, hell, yeah, Mazzie, Yes, Like it finally was that confidence growing game that you needed, I think to just kickstart you for the rest of the season. Ever, I keep saying being like, is seeing people be like, at what cost did it take to Giant because hurt, the injuries coming out of this game are massive. And yes, you have a longer week, and you know the bye week's coming up in two weeks, but you have two really tough opponents ahead with the Steelers, especially the Lions, who man.
Speaker 4: After how that game ended last year, you know they want vengeance.
Speaker 6: It circled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is something that they're going to keep on their on their boards to to come back from So to me, it was it was good enough, but it's not where I want to see this team either, because with everything that we've seen them practice, especially through training camp, they're just still capable of more.
Speaker 4: But it was a good starting point for me.
Speaker 2: So all right, ladies, let's take our first break. We're going to talk defense. In our next segment, we're going to continue to talk about that Mazzie Smith improvement and a couple more guys.
Speaker 4: They're stay tuned. This is Girls Talkboys Talk, presented by jig Selth. We'll be right back.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettus, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing, ice cooled Kola a journey to Foujobia Burgers better with Pevsi.
Speaker 9: That's what I like.
Speaker 8: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality, coarse ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular. Dickey Sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys. The perfect matchup on game day Dickie's Barbecue Pit. No one else smokes us order as dot com the groups called eight six six barb.
Speaker 4: On the ramps.
Speaker 2: The schedule is set and limited tickets for the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys season at at and T Stadium are available now. Don't miss your chance to see your Dallas Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host the NFC East arrivals the Eagles, Giants and Commanders, plus the Ravens, the Lions, the Texans, and the Bengals also the Bucks. Visit Dallascowboys dot com, Slash tickets or sea geek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. All right, ladies, we had mentioned a hard schedule. Uh, still you're good, Still ahead for the Cowboys and the biggest storylines obviously the injuries with Micah and Tank.
Speaker 4: However, I wanted to dive deeper.
Speaker 2: Because there was some defensive improvement and some adjustments I wanted to get into but overall, first impressionment, first impressions, Oh my goodness, Friday feels very Monday today. First impressions of what you guys saw from the defense, which you liked, what you didn't Aisha shoot.
Speaker 7: Obviously, the mistackles are a problem. They've had twenty nine in the last two games.
Speaker 9: Fifty one.
Speaker 7: It's the Saints, which is just insane. Just need us to just be stronger and they're tackling. But overall, this is kind of why when we were sitting here last week, I was like, it can't just be the DT position.
Speaker 9: Like, there's no way that it's just the DT position.
Speaker 7: It's like a mixture of a lot of things. But you do see when you get better DT pay play, how much better the rest of the defense looks when you get better defensive line play.
Speaker 10: I thought that the edges set the edge well.
Speaker 7: I mean even a Carl Lawson and the snaps that he got set the Edgewell Chancey Ghost and set the edge well. They had a plan for how they played the r P O and things like that. But when you talk about Mozzie Smith, I mean him. He took on double teams with power, he split them at times, got penetration to the backfield. He redirected running backs with him being where he needed to be.
Speaker 9: And I thought about that clip.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you guys remember seeing it was a clip of him when y'all are at camp here. I know you ladies were present when they're at camp here and him and Sagina.
Speaker 14: Sanina Scanina, Scanina Scanina. That's how he saying, yes, Sanina Jess Scanina was working Yes, yes, but he was working with.
Speaker 9: Him on he's working with him on this.
Speaker 2: She said, he looks like drunk, and he does look like he laughed told him, he.
Speaker 7: Said he was working with him and he was hitting the sled and you saw him for all it is just up and yeah, lots of power, but he's like peaking, yeah. And there are there's numerous plays where you can just see him do that, like he's looking for the he's locating the ball, the ball carrier and going to make the play. But I thought the linebackers played with their hair on fire as well, and it just like I said, the defensive line set the tone and made it easier for the rest of the defense to be able to go play ball. And I think the secondary we had some stuff going on there, but overall there was improvement in the run game to flow the run to the ball, all had to the ball, everything.
Speaker 9: We kind of talked about.
Speaker 7: I think that's why we saw them be able to shut down the run and make the Giants really have to pass the ball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, overall, the tackling was better. I know there were some glaringss tackles, especially Don Wilson with the one where it should have been a tackle for loss and Cowboys would have gotten the defensive stand there. So yes, I can you know, we can think of several in our mind's eye right now, but overall it moved to your effect. To your point, I shit was better flow to the ball and gang tackling and working as a unit. But I'd like to add one thing about Massie. Remember he's been dealing with the sore back, and there was one point on the sideline where he it was in the second half, and he was down laying down in the bench area getting stretched out. And at first I thought, oh man, that back must be you know, tighten up or tightening up or seizing on him or spasming or something. And then I did watch the television or the Amazon broadcast when I got home this morning and off the charter. But there it might have been a play when I think it was Micah came across the top and it looked like maybe he kind of speared him a little bit. Yes, yeah, yeah, Micah got the stinger, but Mazie was the recipient. He was on the ground and Micah kind of landed on top of him, So it may have been from that play. But the point of all that is that Mozzi played through a lot last night and had certainly his best game as a Cowboy. And when you allow an average of one point one yards per carry for your opponent, yep, after after giving up records of futility the previous two weeks, Yeah, that was a remarkable improvement in my opinion.
Speaker 2: And you know what I don't want to hear people say is it's just the Giants. I don't want to hear that, because they've done a lot of emphasis and work in the off season to improve their offensive line. Oh yeah, and this is a strong offensive line for Mazzi to have showed up against.
Speaker 4: According to PFF, he was your highest.
Speaker 2: Graded cowboy in Week four against the Giants. Again, this is with a minimum of twenty five snaps. He had a grade of eighty eight point four, Dak Prescott in second eighty three and then ceedeelamb seventy nine point six, Demo next seventy seven point seven, Tayler Smith's seventy seven point four. So for Mozzi to kind of work his way literally from the bottom of these lists all the way to the top, because what was it, two weeks ago we were talking about how the defensive tackle position was graded so low, but yet he was still at the top of that list, and I mean the grades were in the thirties. I'm so proud of his improvement. I don't care who the opponent is. He is doing his job. He's taking the feedback, he's applying it. And to your point, Ayisha, that coaching with Zanina and Alis are working. I mean truly, you can see the confidence growing for him week by week. So I'm excited for Mazie and what's to come for him there. So he was somebody I definitely wanted to talk about. But you know what's so interesting, ladies, is I think everybody kind of scoffed.
Speaker 4: At the Giants this season.
Speaker 2: You would talk about, Hey, of course, the Eagles are going to be a big matchup, and you know you have the revenge games with dan Quinn being in Washington, and then you would talk about the Giants and people would kind of scoff me, like, oh and the Giants easy win, and you know where this Cowboys team is it.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a very easy win.
Speaker 2: It was a push and pull and all over the place. Brandon Aubery even giving me a little heart attack there, yes at the end. But Daniel Jones had very good command of his offense.
Speaker 4: Are you showed what?
Speaker 2: What did you notice from Daniel Jones in this game compared to maybe years past of how he's playing right now.
Speaker 7: Just the lack of panic, like and granted he had a lot of time back there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that's We're gonna talk about that later.
Speaker 4: Talk about it, but talk about it.
Speaker 7: No, I mean it's it's he wasn't really getting rushed like that. And here's the thing is, like, again, this is something that I was kind of worried about even coming into this season, like who is where's your pass rush gonna come from? Like outside of Micah and DeMarcus Lawrence and obviously also Diggi Zula can do some pass rush things in the interior, but losing Dante Fowler and Dorn's Armstrong was a big deal. Like I think that we kind of just were like, Okay, we can move on whatever, But it was a big deal. Marshawn Kneeland is fine in his way, but his his bread is buttered in run stopping. That is that's really where it's at for him. And he's developing past rush ability and.
Speaker 9: We're seeing him.
Speaker 7: So I'm Goutta's first tackle for loss yesterday. Yeah, and so it's like I was looking at where's the rest of the pass rust gonna come from? And yeah, when you give a guy that much time, and he also has some weapons. We talked about Wandell Moore.
Speaker 9: Wandel Moore Wasndell Robinson. Yes, why do I call him more? But yeah, Wandell Robinson.
Speaker 7: Some of the stuff they did with him out the backfield and stuff like that. He's a quick outlet and he can make things happen for you. Malik Neighbors, he's also to talk about. Yeah, when you talk about Daniel Jones, this might be his first number one receiver that he's had in years. Because they paid Kenny Galladay all that money and nothing never came from it. So this is one of the first real targets he's had.
Speaker 9: In his career.
Speaker 7: So him get him building that connection with neighbors, I believe is another reason why.
Speaker 9: We see him be a little bit more confident.
Speaker 7: They brought in new coaches, They're doing some things that make them comfortable.
Speaker 9: That's why I said last week.
Speaker 7: One thing about them that the Giants that I will respect is that they don't care.
Speaker 9: They are like, this is who we are, their supporting.
Speaker 7: Daniel Jones, this is what we're gonna run out there and this so we're gonna play football, And I think that does take some confidence. But yeah, I mean he's improved in certain areas. I do think his patience is improved.
Speaker 9: The d ball is still out of pocket.
Speaker 7: But he's playing within himself as far as like playing and orchestrating this offense. Because I thought they were able to move the ball at times. I mean they ConTroll time of possession completely, They completely controlled They just couldn't cap off you know, their their drives.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I mean.
Speaker 7: He he really they He really dictated pace for this game with the pace they could dictate with how he commanded the offense.
Speaker 9: How did you feel about Daniel Dales? Did he look different to you, feel different to you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And and I think it goes to elak neighbors because as you said, when you can do when neighbors can be actually a deep threat, then you've got wan Dale underneath, yes, ma'am. Then that you know that made such a difference.
Speaker 2: So we just had a conversation pre show about how post Malone kept calling Christy ma'am and.
Speaker 4: Keeps going again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so post Malone's on the sideline, right, Christie.
Speaker 5: I know she's all casual.
Speaker 6: And so so I went up to Posty and I said, Posty, I worked with your dad Rich for years, and uh, he says, oh, well, I'm sorry you had to put up with.
Speaker 9: Him that long.
Speaker 6: But anyway, he joined us on our Cowboys radio pregame show, and of course he was wearing the Brandon Aubrey number seventeen jersey and so y'all might have seen highlights they showed on TV where Brandon Aubrey autographed the jersey for for Posty. So anyway, but I finished with finished the interview, and then one of the brunt from Cowboys PR comes up to me and says you have a sharpie, right, and I'm like yeah, I'm digging in my bag and I handed to sharpie. Well it was to give to Brandon to sign post Malone's jersey. And so then Brian Anger, the punter, uh you know, brings the pen over to me and he's like, you might want to frame this. It was touched by both post Malone and Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 4: So wait wait wait, wait wait wait wait awesome.
Speaker 9: So that that video where this is like cousin from back in the day and he's like tasted.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the Rich, Like, who's his dad, who's Posty's dad?
Speaker 9: His dad, he's the of the team.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, he worked at the stadium. He was one of the managers of the concessions. So he was with Legends Hospitality for years. And I'll tell him, I'll tell all myself. I see Rich. I would see Rich all the time, and uh even on game day he would come out and bring some Yeah different Rich, that's a very different Rich.
Speaker 4: But you're talking about.
Speaker 6: Rich from PR Yeah I was. So. So anyway, we're doing a thing for the fan and Rich had brought out some of the stuff from Legends Hospitality and they're like, uh, you know, that's post Malone's dad, and I'm like cool, and I'm like I had never heard, and I was very early in his career and I didn't know who post Malian was. But now it's like, but he is the most polite and just so you know, he was raised in Grapevine, which is just north of DFW Airport. So it's between where we are here in the Star in Frisco and uh the AT and T Stadium in Arlington, and so there's a great downtown, a lot of like cafe things in nice places. And when he was a teenager, I mean he was still in high school, he was still in country music. Then it'd just be him on his guitar singing.
Speaker 5: He just had a country he became before he became.
Speaker 4: He just find a country of them.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And uh, he did a single of Taylor Swift on the Torture Posts.
Speaker 5: And called for Today, went an award for it, he.
Speaker 2: Did, and Taylors have talked about him also calling her mam NonStop.
Speaker 5: So you Taylor Swift have some We're so identical? Does that make so many ways?
Speaker 2: All right, guys, let's take our final break when we come back.
Speaker 4: We're going to wrap up this defensive talk.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk some offense and yeah, you're just talking about Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 4: We're gonna touch base on that as well.
Speaker 2: This girls Talk Boys talk stick with Us were presented by Jigsaw.
Speaker 10: We'll bear it back.
Speaker 13: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality of course ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular. Dickey Sausage has been named the official sausage of the doubt Let's Cowboys. The perfect matchup on game day Dickie's Barbecue pitch No One out smokes us. Order at Dickie's dot com for groups called eight six y six barber Cuet on the rims.
Speaker 12: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing.
Speaker 9: Pepsi baby, the.
Speaker 12: Yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold Coola a journey to foutopia burgers better with pepsi.
Speaker 6: That's what I like.
Speaker 8: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Or cancer awareness with the twenty twenty four Crucial Catch Collection. The NFL donates one hundred percent of its proceeds from Crucial Catch merchandise to the American Cancer Societ to provide cancer screenings and resources to underserved communities.
Speaker 4: Is it a pro shop nearing you?
Speaker 2: Or log onto Shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot com a fanatics experience and join the.
Speaker 4: Fight against cancer. I love that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to go to the pro shop pick some stuff up. All right, ladies, let's get back to our defensive talk, and let's just go back to the last minute of this game, shall we. The decision was made to let Brandon Aubrey go for the field goal, which I just had a feeling with the hype before the game and the little story beforehand and everyone making this big deal of how perfect his record was.
Speaker 4: He misses and that's okay, He's human. I don't really think it's going to bother him or matter.
Speaker 2: Shake it off, okay, And then the game is officially done because an unspoken, unsung hero in Amani o Oorier Rorrier did I say.
Speaker 5: It over Warria War.
Speaker 2: Decides Hey, I'm gonna end this game. I'm gonna get elevated from a practice squad. I'm gonna end this game and we're gonna go home. Christy, you were talking about just kind of the events that unfolded.
Speaker 4: For him that morning.
Speaker 2: Shout it.
Speaker 4: Things go down.
Speaker 6: Well, the Cowboys go ahead and travel practice squad players, and a good thing they did. So they uh elevate. You can elevate up to two players from a practice squad each week, and so Carl Lawson at defensive end was elevated for the second time. But this was the first time that I'm gonna call him by his nickname Ao.
Speaker 4: I like that so much.
Speaker 6: Bamani over Warriao.
Speaker 5: So he we what we.
Speaker 6: Need to do is to get the Freddie Mercury Queen drop.
Speaker 4: Eh oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 6: So well, there we go. Hey, that's that would be a great drop to put use for Cowboys Radio in the game. So anyway, I went up to so Ao found out about ten hours before kickoff that he was elevated. He found out that morning ten hours before warm ups. I went up to Will McLay on the sideline before the game to ask about over Warria and I butchered it, and so did Will, and he says, just call him Ao. That's what we call him Ao because we can't pronounce it either. So but I asked, did he play inside Detroit at all or was he just an outside corner? He says, he's an outside guy. But here's the thing with a practice squad. When they expanded it back in twenty twenty for COVID, they allowed veterans to be signed and over Warria as a new name for Cowboy fans. But the guy played four years in Detroit and one of those years had six picks. That was just three years ago, and that was Trayvon Diggs when he led the league with eleven interceptions and J. C. Jackson had eight for the Pagets, and third on that list was Ao. So he had, you know, over thirty six games of experience. So he didn't start the game. Andrew Booths started the game. It did not go well in the first half for Andrew, and so just before they're coming out for the second half, Ao was told that, oh, by the way, you're out there for Andrew in the second half. And did he allow a few catches yes, did he make a couple good plays yes? And did he make the key play when it mattered the most.
Speaker 7: Ao, Yes, I mean, and the thing about them, they were going at those guys, right, you know, like it made sense, I mean, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: And Dabele said, hey, Andrew Booth, Yeah, Hi.
Speaker 7: They moved, they moved Malik Neighbors all over that formation and tried to find favorable matchups. So to be expected, it is kind of easy to like shine the light on those guys because they're they're going at those guys.
Speaker 9: But to your point about.
Speaker 7: He and Booth having their fair share of issues, come somewhere in that game were.
Speaker 6: The cleats and issue Christy were there the players? Yeah, like Jake Ferguson lost his feet one time. Who was the other one that lost his feet? There? There were a couple of times, but they didn't like change cleats or anything, and it it didn't seem like it was that moist.
Speaker 4: Okay, I doesn't interesting.
Speaker 2: I mean it looked it looked slick on the broadcast view. It looks slick even for the Giants. There was a couple of times where there were some runs that clearly.
Speaker 4: Would have been made.
Speaker 2: But anyways, let's move on to the offense real quick, ladies, offensive line struggles continue to kind of be an issue. Where would you say that's at now going off of what you've seen the past four weeks. Now, let's make it short and sweet, because I want to get your game MVP.
Speaker 6: Too, work in progress, and you have to clean up the penalties. They cannot stand.
Speaker 9: Penalties. Penalties weren't good.
Speaker 10: Yeah, penalties weren't good.
Speaker 7: I thought that Terrence Steel played probably his best game of the season to start. They found some things in a run game with tosses, screens, some slip screens with the tight ends, stuff like that, and it looks like they are going to do this and they have success with their combo and duo blocks.
Speaker 10: How they haven't had they and they haven't had.
Speaker 7: That really, so I thought they did find some things. Yeah, they did find some things. And in past pro as well, I thought this offensive line held up pretty well.
Speaker 6: And do you know who they had dinner with and on Wednesday nights at the team hotel before the game? Postlon No No No, much better than Post Malone, the guy who is the best dancer when it comes to ed M. Former Cowboys Pro Bowl left tackle Tyrone Smith who's now a member of the new York Jets.
Speaker 9: He was waiting.
Speaker 6: He was waiting at the team hotel in suburban New Jersey when the team pulled up dinner with the offensive line.
Speaker 9: He missed in man.
Speaker 2: Another quick question for you guys, if you had to grade the Mike McCarthy's play calling from the last four weeks, letter grade, where are you putting it right now?
Speaker 6: You know, yesterday it was it was such fits and starts and all those penalties that I still don't think that we have. Okay, yes, that's so. So it's still so.
Speaker 4: What's your grade?
Speaker 6: Well, work in progress to be determined.
Speaker 2: I incomplete say, I gave you this and this is the play calling putting on it all right?
Speaker 9: Aysha, Yeah, I would give it a C minus because.
Speaker 5: You want to see more, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 9: Yes, I want to see more.
Speaker 7: But I just think I really would love for him to get a better grasp on what his personnel does.
Speaker 9: Well, that's all I have to.
Speaker 2: Say, Mike drop love that all right. Game management allowing Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 4: To go for the field goal at the end of the game, agree or disagree?
Speaker 7: Agree, I agreed with it, but I thought they should have took a time out.
Speaker 10: Okay, I thought the process was a little rushed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so.
Speaker 7: Even when he missed, I just it was so quick. I was like, yeah, does that make sense. I thought that you could have used a timeout in that instance. I thought just to settle them in and everything. It did feel a little and I don't know how you felt on the sideline, but it felt.
Speaker 10: Rushed on the broadcast.
Speaker 9: It felt like if it get out, there go.
Speaker 2: The whole last three minutes of that game felt that way because you finally had a game flow, because you weren't being stopped by penalties.
Speaker 4: Every five seconds. I'm gonna say I disagree with it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say in that instance because things were so rushed the way the game was being called. Look, man, I get you have the kicker. That that changes how you game plan and how you go for these things. But again, with that many penalties in this game, with it being as close as it is to me the ball, I get I get it. My Micah and Tank were out at that point. I get it.
Speaker 4: I just don't agree with it.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna leave it that because we have game MVPs and we have two minutes left.
Speaker 4: All right, ladies, who.
Speaker 2: Are your can only pick one game MVPs for this week for matchup against the Giants.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go with Dak Prescott. We haven't talked about him this whole time, but man, if he doesn't play as clean as he does and do some of the things he does, those balls he plays had to be almost perfect.
Speaker 9: So I'm gonna go with him as my game MVP.
Speaker 6: Love it Christy Ao, Yeah, just because just because you know, he didn't even know that he was gonna play when he woke up that morning and made the play to close it out. And the other one I was thinking is probably the person you're gonna name.
Speaker 9: Who is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say Seee Lamb.
Speaker 6: Oh, I thought you're gonna say Smith.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say I thought well Over shown was great too.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I mean I was gonna say Ce because well, Mazie obvious.
Speaker 6: I assumed you guys would say Mozzi, so to me, he.
Speaker 4: Was the obvious answer.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna pick Seedy Lamb only because the scrutiny he got from the Sunday before of you know, oh, look at him having an attitude on the sideline, and he came back with humility to say Hey, I need to be better than that.
Speaker 4: I will be.
Speaker 9: He was selfish and he.
Speaker 2: Was so humbled by that experience. He came out and he put his money where his mouth is. He had that kind of game. Your chemistry with your wide receiver one in QB one were worth every million with that first half place. So for me, ceedy lamb appreciate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, That's where I'm at, ladies. We are out of time.
Speaker 2: We actually went a little overtime today, but the Cowboys did not go to overtime.
Speaker 4: They are two and two.
Speaker 2: Of the season, heading into heading into Mini by the Cowboys play again next Sunday, but we will.
Speaker 4: We will be back here next Monday.
Speaker 2: Your normal crew US three and our Nicle will be back, so we will see you guys. Then, have a great rest of your weekend, enjoy your Sunday off, stay safe.
Speaker 4: We'll see you soon.
Speaker 2: This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football clubby